youtube.com/watch?v=AFeN5-M8GR8
youtube.com/watch?v=cCxVoyiSVFI
youtube.com/watch?v=MVAYY5LHhv4
pastebin.com/75fzM5te
youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc
youtube.com/watch?v=RUEsaMaSMLo
uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember when I got a 360 for my birthday in 2006 and played oblivion for the first time, it blew me away

No it looked like shit even on release. That screenshot would single handedly make me despise bloom if I didn't already. Can't believe I was hyped for that pile of junk

yeah dude you're so right

No arguments here m8. Don't get me wrong, Skyrim was okay in my opinion, but Oblivion is where it's at!

It had better art direction. But was less graphically impressive.

How the fuck did bethesda do it?

They make games with shitty stories, the worst combat I've ever played in my life, especially melee, the games are broken and glitched to hell and back with thousands of game breaking buds, and they are always almost an entire gen behind other games that come out around them visually, yet people eat them the fuck up.

Is it just dumb luck? How did they trick so many people into being so loyal and devoted to them?

>It had better art direction.
Someone post the glass armor comparison picture.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
YOU RUINED MY WIFE

graphically impressive is the last term you can use to describe any bethesda game, none of TES are "graphically impressive", the old ones were pretty standard and the last 3 have easily been ~5 years behind other games at the time.

The color pallets of environments and atmospheres were

Most people are stupid.

Apply this revelation to every social issue you've ever encountered in life.

it's ugly as sin but I still love oblivion.

youtube.com/watch?v=iR7B5YCvBus

this is an 18+ website

Potato face.

Yep.

BY AZURA, BY AZURA, BY AZURA

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYIN

FLYYYYYYYIN IN THE SKYYYYYY

youtube.com/watch?v=FYG0YWdkSKI

YOU'RE THE GRAND CHAMPION!

>They make games with shitty stories, the worst combat I've ever played in my life, especially melee, the games are broken and glitched to hell and back with thousands of game breaking buds, and they are always almost an entire gen behind other games that come out around them visually, yet people eat them the fuck up.

Skyrim has good graphics that can easily be upgraded to fanatastic.

>open world
>tons of NPCs with their own character and stories
>you can play the game over with a different play style
>very good lore
>books in game with tons of material

It's mainly the lore and being able to roleplay a near infinite amount of characters.

>better than Skyrim
Easily.

>better looking than
The art style is subjective (I much prefer Oblivion's) but Skyrim is technically better looking thanks to the dynamic shadows alone.

I wish they had kept the dynamic shadows from the E3 build for the PC version. The 360 ruined everything.

>glass armor comparison
googled it is this it?

Looks worse than MGSO.>The art style is subjective (I much prefer Oblivion's)
You're right that is subjective, but what do you like about Oblivion's artstyle? To me it reeks of the most commercially safe shit you can put in a fantasy RPG.
And for God's sake don't use the word "comfy".

Look, I don't want to get super into this so I'm not gonna sit here and debate the validity of the NPCs with stories and the "very glood lore", but Skyrim's graphics sucked. They had early 360 models and environments with really, really late PS2 tier textures (maybe a step above that). The point of bethesda games isn't to graphically impress anyone. They always, without exception, look worse than other games that come out at the same time.

I like oblivion better as a game but the potato faces kill me every time. Its awful.

Oblivion was my first Elders Scrolls game. I was amazed about how fucking big the world was, and so many options. Damn it is a good game.

Morrowind glass armor was so badass.

Yeah that's exactly it.
Glass armor has always been chuuni as fuck but the Oblivion one was just terrible.

sorry m8 it's fucking COMFY
>high fantasy
>german architecture
just comfy my shit up senpai

im sorry there aren't giant mushrooms everywhere. that's cool and all but it isn't anywhere close to as enjoyable to me as a god tier medieval central european high fantasy land

>what do you like about Oblivion's artstyle?
The colors range from really vibrant and saturated to soft pastels and give the world a really painterly look. I'm a fan of the setting and architecture. Skyrim was completely washed out and uninviting.

The colors were definitely better. Why was Skyrim so washed out? The lighting especially. Take out a torch in the dark, it looks like complete shit.

>you cannot climb that hill unless you invested 20 points into jumping and acrobatics
JUST

>you cannot climb anything at all without a horse
JUST

Oblivion looks like garbage, I'm not quite sure why though. Is it the bloom maybe? Because I think both Skyrim AND Morrowind look better.

>>very good lore

lol what

>trying to explain skyrim's take off.

Vikings and dragons were big at the time.

Morrowwind was pretty impressive for a 2002 game, especially for the water effects of it.

>tfw Morrowind with MGO is by far the best looking Elder Scrolls game

Absolute unrivaled comfort, I can't play any other Elder Scrolls.

Color and livelihood? Yeah.

Overall graphics and bloom? Even as an Oblivionfag I'll say you're horribly wrong there, especially with the character faces.

i really thought it had more to do with fallout 3 and the normies being disappointed by new vegas and being super hyped for a new beth game.

fuck, when i was in high school i literally heard people hyping up skyrim before it came out by saying it was looking like "fallout 3 with swords"

Looks like literal shit

Are there any mod packs/overhauls? Really want to play oblivion again but cba installing 200+ mods manually

As far as temperate forests go I still think the Rift and the Reach are better.
Although the architecture is kinda nice, especially when compared to the fucking garbage that was Skyrim cities architectures, it was an incoherent mess in my opinion, every city had their own unique snowflake buildings and it made no sense, Cyrodiil was supposed (and even some loading screens tell you that) to be divided into only two culturally different zones, the Nibenay basin and Colovia but in-game that distinction is pretty much non-existent, every city seems to be as culturally different to each other.
For that reason I think Morrowind architecture was better, it was as varied as Oblivion's but it was actually coherent, cities weren't different just for the sake of it, they were different depending on whether they were ancient Velothi settlements or belonging to one of the great houses.

"We want the Game of Thrones audience."

naw naw naw cunt fallout is oblivion with guns so skyrim is oblivion with swords

If only the character models and animations weren't permanently fucked, I'd probably agree.

>normies being disappointed by new vegas
fucking CASUAL SCUM

nah

Have you heard of the high elves?

The complicated nature of modding Oblivion means that a decent modpack could never happen.

No place in vanilla Oblivion really jumps out at me as unique topography, its all just a long rolling, grassy hill that becomes a little swampy around Leyawiin. The topography of Skyrim was pretty varied, Whiterun and the area a natural basin, Windhelm with that mix of hot springs, and cold winds. The world of difference between the Rift and the Reach.

It's certainly more colorful.

>when you mod mix is just right so that you can actually play the game

Animations look better than Oblivion IMO, and models look better than vanilla Skyrim.

>Oblivion was better looking than Skyrim
Are you retarded? Oblivion was literally a generic medieval setting that tries to jerk off to LotR success. Skyrim at least look unique and the models are a 100X better than those fucking potato people

>The topography of Skyrim was pretty varied,
is this nigga serious?

no i understand that, but fallout, at least here anyway, was a WAY Bigger success than oblivion, then skyrim in turn was a marginally bigger success than fallout

But user...
It was COMFY

near the city of chorrol

But you can climb those mountains.

>play Morrowind with MGO
>it's fucking glorious, 10/10

>decide to try and mod Oblivion to see if I can have a similar experience
>download Obscuros and a ton of other mods that should make the game better
>combat still feels sluggish and like ass
>no MGO style mod pack to make the game the right level of good
REEE

Skyrim was the most bland looking game I've ever played, shit was so boring it was offensive.

>bashing something just because the overall game is garbage
The only way you could think Skyrim isn't as varied as you can realistically be in a game that takes place in a single province is if you didn't play it for more than 5 minutes.

Modded Oblivion was my fucking jam 5-6 years ago

No way, Oblivion's art direction was almost non-existent. Look at this shit. Every design is as blatant as possible with no flair what-so-ever designed by someone who cannot even fucking draw. Just search up Oblivion concept art and take a look. Some of the shit they're trying to pass off as concept art is literally just models from the game with a photoshop filter on it. I'd hazard a guess that there was almost no concept art made during pre-production and they just dove straight into modelling, and it shows.

It's the same grade of art as you used to get with DOS RPGs where all the graphics were made by a programmer with a dnd monster manual.

>Skyrim is varied
>a snow, a mountain, and some wood

Wow.... the variety is killing me... the draugrs are so diverse...

If I want comfy, I play Daggerfall in Winter. Nothing beat walking around a snow covered city and staying in an inn at night. Even the snow theme is comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=fZ97I2p4_YY

what are some essential oblivion mods?

Don't forget:
>exit sewers
>start swimming towards Vilverin
>CTD before exiting the water

That's already 2 more things Oblivion didn't have, more variety.

It very clearly has a medieval european, sort of tolkien-esque art direction. It's by no means unique, but it definitely exists.

Oh shit is that some VENGEANCE in the background?

youtube.com/watch?v=AFeN5-M8GR8

>morrowind looks better

Altstart
Basic Primary Needs
Camping
Darnifield UI
Elven map (or just a better map)
Hud Status Bars
Mushroom Manor (sweet and COZY fucking alchemist shop)
weightless Alchemy,Arrows, Repair hammers, (or otherwise fuck with the crazy oblivion weights to things)
no fail harvest for gathering herbs (bullshit)

"every combat system that's worse than W3 is literally unfuckingplayable"

Goddamnit, I love Oblivion so much, but I'm hesitant about loading it up again because I have to install FCOM convergence and every other goddamn mod that makes the game a 10/10 for me. But unique landscapes will forever be in my top 10

Unofficial patches
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
Darnified UI
QZ Easy Menus
Unique Landscape Compilation
Vanilla Combat Enhanced
Enhanced Economy

>essential

Are Casualwind cucks the most deluded fanbase in the universe?

>models look better than vanilla Skyrim.
Now you're just kidding yourself.

No, that's Oblivicucks

Obviously not graphically better but it's a much prettier place to be, yeah. If I wanted a comfy pretty game to play I'd take Oblivion over Skyrim any time.

No, it really wasn't, and you talking like its a fact is just absurd.

If you want to argue that it was more fun, thats fine. But graphically they're not even close. Skyrim looks vastly better, and the graphics is not among Skyrim's problems.

So do you guys think Glarthir was crazy or did he have any merit to his suspicions? I followed one of the NPC's and they were talking about him in a very odd way.

thanks anons
i only have Darnified UI and the unofficial patches so far

potato faces

Pretty much every mod hereOblivion is pretty much my go-to game for comfy when it's installed

youtube.com/watch?v=cCxVoyiSVFI

I like generic fantasy when it's done well, but Oblivion looked like absolute fucking crap. I can't think of anything I liked the look of. I guess I was impressed by the way the walls looked in the starting dungeon because it was 2006.

Fans of any TES-era who gloss over the problems of their own games and treat them like masterpieces are the ones to mock.

I can feel the anger using my sixth sense

I'LL PAY YOU WELL
I'LL PAY YOU WELL

youtube.com/watch?v=MVAYY5LHhv4

Every thread.

what does the unofficial patches even do?

Not him but Oblivion is fucking unstable with the most amount of bugs in the game since Daggerfall. You want to get much of those bugs out of your game as soon as possible.

Tons of bug fixes. Bethesda is incompetent.

hm, i wonder what the full image could possibly be

When modded:
Oblivion>Skyrim>Morrowind

When vanilla:
Morrowind>Oblivion>>>>Skyrim

Ever hear of mods? God damn son google Oblivion Character Overhaul.

>When modded:
Oblivion>Skyrim>Morrowind

Look at user and his shit opinions.

pastebin.com/75fzM5te

It definetely had a much better color pallet, skyrim has more detailed models and animations but oblivion has an amazing color pallet for most of the world and just kinda works better in my eyes. Skyrim is this bleak game which sure thats fine but its boring, the armor is boring, the landscape is boring, and the sky is even boring most times. Skyman still looks pretty good though desu.

>FCOM
Never fucking do that.

Still not great. The facegen in Oblivion is inherently fucked up.

Explain? I haven't set it up yet and have a vanilla Oblivion. Why is that?

>AFlamingFaggot.png

I assume you just prefer the generic fantasy setting? I liked the bleak coldness of Skyrim much more.

Faces in every Beth game are bad desu.

FCOM is the buggiest pile of garbage even if you install it right. OOO+MOO are the only full overhaul mods you need, they're much lighter and more compact while also remaining stable and compatible with each other, and with other mods too.

Alright, will do. So I can just write off TIE?

I think he was just paranoid. I followed them all day, and from what I remember they just stuck to daily chores.

Use the guide another guy posted in the thread already:
pastebin.com/75fzM5te

God even Oblivion's HUD was comfy as fuck.

I absolutely can't stand Oblivions art style.

For me it's Skyrim>Morrowind>>>>Oblivion.

Are you guys just memeing at this point or what?

lol

its like all gamedevs uninamously decided to start using that horrible metro look for all their huds at the same time

>thick layer of gloss on everything

Stupid question but...

If all the games are pretty much the same engine why can't we take just textures and animations from skyrim and put them into oblivion to make it look better?

I agree when it comes to Shivering Isles. Got far more out of exploring Mania and Dementia then I did out of any city in Skyrim.

Laugh all you want, but Skyrims art direction was much closer in line with Morrowind then Oblivion.

Retarded enough, that break the conduct

Skyrim had mountains, plains, tundra, swamps, hills, forests, it had much more variety than Oblivion.

Who is semen demon

Magic

What?

You could see the wire frame on the Skyrim faces my dude, the same isnt true for modded morrowind

lol
Oblivion has all that in vanilla, and many more with the Unique Landscapes mod

Watch out! He will tell you that Oblivion has a "swamp"

Skyrim has a forest with varying amounts of trees, a shitty swamp and snowy mountains.

>Morrowind came out in the same year as Neverwinter Nights
There's literally no excuse for Morrowind to have been so shit an ugly

Its literally memes combined with being no older than 10 in 2006.

Oblivion is worse than both Skyrim and Morrowind and nostalgia wont change the fact that the game is fundamentally broken (level scaling, the entire character system) as opposed to bad/mediocre (skyrim) or a little obtuse (morrowind).

Meant Oblivion obviously.

Nigger NWN1 doesn't look much better than Morrowind.

Using asset from other game, even if it from the same series, it against the rule. That is why you dont see those kind of mods out in the open and mods like Morroblivion are never discussed in the official forum or posted in the Nexus

>Skyrim had much more variety than Oblivion.
>mountains, tundra
Someone never went north.
>plains, hills, forests
Someone never went east or west.
>swamps
Someone never went south.
Damn user, I think the only someone could be this wrong is if someone didn't play Oblivion.

And rolling plains. And hot springs. And glaciers.

Then explain the mod that merges Fallout 3 and NV.

Though unlike other games Fallout 3 and NV really do run on the same engine and share most of their assets.

Protip user, 99.5% of shitposts against a game are made by people who've never played it.

0/10, try using more subtle bait next time.

Mate, the characters in Morrowind walk around like they've shit their plants. Everyone is so ugly, and it's all foggy and brown.

Bethesda pretends that NV never existed. No joke

How so?

Vanilla Oblivion doesn't have glaciers.
Perhaps a frozen lake in/around Pale Pass that I might remember but that's not a glacier.
All the central part of the world looks pretty much the same and the Leyawiin swamp is just shitty.

The entire appeal of Skyrim was really just the fact is was a "vast open world environment".
But that's all it is. It's a "vast open world environment."
People were actually hyped by the whole
>See that mountain?
>you can climb it
Because normie gamers were never exposed to the whole open world genre.
Bethesda pretty much makes their games for sight seeing but they know they'd never pass as a giant company making walking simulators with visual awes and oo's. They had to make some sort of substance so that's where the story with a shoestring plot comes in.
Takes too much effort to actually write a decent narrative and that's one thing that Bethesda lacks, effort.

So what? It doesn't look much worse than NWN.
And less than half the world is brown, saying that is pretty much the same as admitting you never went beyond Seyda Neen.

I find oblivion really ugly. Most of the world is just these unnatural Mario 64 greens and blues with a sort of unpleasant ashyness to it and dead flat colorless lighting. Just can't like it.

It's fucking beautiful m8. Vanilla wiki screenshots don't mean shit. Skyrim is beautiful too. Graphics aren't as important as RPG elements and gameplay though, which is why I like Oblivion more.

I like how the world is familiar enough to be recognizable (medieval) but different enough to be unique.

On technicals no, though it's not like skyrim was amazing. But the world and colors look so much better in oblivion. Skyrim is foggy, snowy, dark and desolate. I can see some people liking the skyrim setting more but not me. Games were about equal in my opinon but ive never been an ES fanboy to begin with.

Sorry, Balmora and Vivec and Grey-Brown ;^)

>Oblivion
>gameplay

Kid bats and supes got her a birthday present and she's so happy and moved. Exactly as you thought

>Graphics aren't as important as RPG elements and gameplay though, which is why I like Oblivion

l
o
l

I find the density of trees in Oblivion "forests" to be pretty sparse, and why does it seem like there are 10x as many Ayyleid ruins than Nordic ruins in Skyrim, or Ancestral tombs in Morrowind?

oi cucks can you install mods on a pirated copy?

>(You)
>Quality posts

In fallout 4 you can see people from the previous game. But there is not a single character from NV. not even new Vegas itself was mentioned.

I didn't find the concentration of ayleid ruins comparable to dwemer ruins in Morrowind, which makes sense lore-wise.
The bad part is that they're usually boring as fuck and with the way loot and leveling works in vanilla Oblivion random dungeons are not worth exploring.

Of course, dingus. Bethesda games have no DRM at all to the point where the DLCs are considered glorified mods and can be installed with a torrent+drag'n'drop.

Vera Keyes gets a passing mention one of the dlc or something.

m8, they're on separate sides of the USA, there likely won't be any overlap. Besides, I'd rather Beth stay far away from the canon of the West Coast. They would just shove ayy lmao's into it

Here's a modded screenshot of Culotte. See what i mean?

Whats the point of your pic?

It's like an uglier version of the real world.

Its still kind of disappointing. I just hope bethesda lets obsidian do another fallout game. Bethesda messed up fo4 in my opinion.

It seems like you can't go more than 20 steps before you find more Ayy ruins, and yes there's very little incentive to explore any you come across.

No, this is what you're looking at for a solid 70 percent of Oblivion's map. The rest is a shitty swamp competing with Valley of Defilement and that TW1 swamp for worst swamp is history and the white version of pic related.

The colovian highlands are nice, and so is Anvil, but thats 1/10. Oblivion is honestly so generic its grating to play.

As is every video game. What's your point, dumb shitposter?

>Oblivion
>Swamp

wat

100% agreed. Imagining an Obsidian developed Fallout on F4's updated engine without dialogue wheels is great

Try to play the game you're shitposting about first, user.

Marshland, whatever.

I actually messed that up, I meant that the concentration of ayleid ruins is comparable to dwemer ruins in Morrowind.
It makes sense lore-wise because the ayleids had a huge empire concentrated on the Cyrodiil jungle, the problem is just they're all worthless unless they have a quest.

I fear to ask what framerate the waterfront runs at.

Or if you use mods to make all dungeon delving worthwhile.

>anything
>better looking than sky's rim

That thing around Leyawiin is supposed to be a swamp.
I didn't realize it on my vanilla run either.

>every video game

Show me the real world that looks like Wario Land Shake It!

Not him but exclude mods when there is a discussion about vanilla and their comparison. Mods can usually fix anything.

>Legitametly don't remember any swamps in Oblivion
>Shitposting

Unless you're talking about the area where the giant mudcrab spawns I still have no idea.

Waterfront framerate is quite good because I don't use shit mods like Better Cities.

Mods do fix everything, especially with Oblivion. The thing I don't get is why vanilla is even considered these days.

The real world doesn't look like Morrowind :^)

What's your video card, m8?

I never install better Cities or open cities and Waterfront never exceeds 40fps.

Bravil to Leyawiin is supposed to be a swamp

pastebin.com/75fzM5te
I just use a GTX 760.

Is oblivion ever coming to xbox1 gais?

>>open world
>good
>tons of NPCs with their own character and stories
ha
>you can play the game over with a different play style
hardly, you can complete the entire game with a single character there is no need to play using a different style
>very good lore
jesus christ I bet you think harry potter is high level literature
>books in game with tons of material
most casuals don't even read the books you dork

yeah, a """""""""""""""""""swamp""""""""""""""""""

Bethesda have stated that a remaster of Oblivion or Morrowind would require "effort", which is poisonous to their profits, so instead they opted to slap a shitty dithered godrays effect on Skyrim and rerelease that for new consoles because it'll print the casualbux.

Blackwood, the entire area outside of Leyawiin is swamp region because it borders Black Marsh

You're the one that made the pastebin? Good on you user.

why didn't they like it again? i don't remember besides it not really looking post-apocalyptic

It looks more marshy to me than, say, the northwestern part of cyrodyll.

Thank you. I'm still playing to this day, just clocked 203 hours on my character. The guide will turn a year old in about a week.

They should just let obsidian do fallout and they can focus their time on the elder scrolls.

Initial reviewers panned it mostly, it was full of glitches (bug testing was done by 4 people on Bethesda's end) and I believe it didn't get the paid reviews that FO3 got when its essentially a more polished FO3 to begin with.

Oblivion is best comfy

If Oblivion is so good why doesn't it have Trainwiz mods?

that doesnt look very comfortable at all

What the fug is up with those icon sizes m8

Aside from some of the added NPCs, what's wrong with Better Cities? The performance of the more recent versions has been MUCH better than what it was in the past in my experience.

It looks like a world where everything is made out of playdough, people included.

Because Trainwiz is a Morrowfedora+Skyrimpleb, a terrible combination. I respect his mods but I also realize that Oblivion doesn't need any cool quest mods anyway. He's never given Oblivion a real chance.

The only decent city in Cyrodiil, guess its the proximity to High Rock.

Map traversing aside DC was an amazing and creepy place full of mutants. Vegas desert was a step down from that IMO and the encounters weren't that exciting. NV was the far superior game but I loved the look of DC.

>Shin Megami Tensei IV: Oblivion

did you make the whole world inside of a cave?

>he played it on console
i think im going to be sick

Perhaps he has given Oblivion a chance and he didn't like it.
Because it's fucking shit and to boot harder to mod.

What mod is this?

>"All bullshit aside."
>says some blatantly wrong bullshit

That's because they think having memes about their buggy games means that people like the bugs and find them charming.

Maybe because they take place on opposite sides of the continent fairly close together?

Despite their games being shitty and barely RPGs, there's still zero competition for them at all. Nobody makes big open world fantasy fps RPGs like them. The easily usable modding tools really helps as well.

The performance is the biggest offender IMO, stability is what's most important to make sure your game stays playable for long enough. Even the recent updates from what I've played are a slog, Bravil is ALWAYS choppy for me and the mod in general just makes me crash all the time.
The NPCs are the second worst thing. I'm sure I don't have to go into detail about this.
And finally it just has too much clutter. There's no need for giant statues and fountains on the roof of every building in the Imperial City, with walkways supported by spindly railings that don't make much architectural sense, that lead to houses with doors that are literally nonfunctional and only for looks.

Chorrol is best although every city has its own unique charm - something Skyrim lacks big time.

In 2006 the 360 version ran better than pretty much anything you could get out of the PC version.

It was fucking garbage in 2006 though.

And it still is, its the worst of the modern TES games by a substantial margin, and that says a lot when the other two aren't all that great

No but I have a portal that takes me to Paradise, it's like the one where you kill Mankar Camoran but is mine to live in.

it has the best gameplay and writing of the series, bar none

Better Cities

S
T

MODS
O
D
S

The opposite is true

The pastebin is your best friend

pastebin.com/75fzM5te

This. Writing is obvious but lemme tell you why Oblivion has the best gameplay:
Every TES game has the same floaty bullshit combat with no hit impacts or anything interesting.

Oblivion has a dedicated spellcasting button. This immediately makes spellsword builds more viable and opens up a fuckton more gameplay options. Simple stuff.

>gameplay
>clickspam against damage sponges with neutered magic
>writing
>the worst main quest of all TES games

Do you have any other first person open world RPGs that you can recommend me?

Those types of games really do it for me, but aside from Bethesda who else really does it anymore? The closest I can think of is Deus Ex.

sorry my man you have garbage taste
>Muh morrowind lore
most interesting concept and lore, but absolute shit execution in relation to gameplay.
>muh skyrim gameplay
it's literally oblivion with features removed and nothing added

I was gonna tell you to read the thread but someone already replied with it for you.
Happy modding friendo.

>>the worst main quest of all TES games
What? Oblivion's main quest is way better than Shitrim's.

Morrowind has literally better gameplay than Oblivion.

*miss*

>clickspam against damage sponges with neutered magic
Same with every other game, but see: >the worst main quest of all TES games
Wrong as fuck. It's unique to be the guy that helps the generic chosen one rather than be the generic chosen one/dragonborn/etc. And way to ignore the excellently written sidequests, guild questlines, etc, which are even better than Morrowind's.

>they should just let Obsidian continue to ruin Fallout

lol you obsidian shills are amazing. NV was so overrated and steeped with political memes making it retarded as shit.

>nothing added
What about actual smithing, dual wielding, dual casting, crossbows, mounted combat

>Oblivion had almost no lore or backstory in it's areas
>Skyrim added a bunch of different weapon mechanics and perks that made sense with the removal of dice rolls rendering Oblivion's attributes meaningless
>Skyrim toned down the ridiculous health bloat and level scaling
Your life is a meme

I hate to be that downer but I think I'm done with Oblivion for a while; like I think I'll even wait until I have a kid old enough to play it himself. Magic is just gone. I know everything; there's no more to discover. I'll never memorize and learn the nooks and crannies of a game like it ever again. The more I try to recapture it the less and less I enjoy it.
the magic will always be in my memory

Morrowinds main quest:
>An ancient evil awakens

Oblivions main quest:
>An ancient evil awakens

Skyrims main quest:
>An ancient evil awakens

Might and Magic 6
Ultima Underworld

>generic chosen one
Just mindlessly spewing off meaningless platitudes, while not saying a thing

Also Arx Fatalis

(you)

I could never get into oblivion.

>Daggerfall
You're not the guy

>Morrowind
You're the guy

>Oblivion
You're not the guy

>Skyrim
You're the guy

No it isn't.
It's not hard to make something better than "fight against demons from Hell", Skyrim almost managed to fail, but it didn't.

>It's unique to be the guy that helps the generic chosen one
You are the chosen one you fucking massive retard.
No wonder you think that shitpile of a quest is any good, you don't have any reading comprehension at all.
Martin isn't chosen one for shit, Martin is the last living son of the Emperor, the only reason he gets to do shit is because the 3, THREE other sons all died before him.
He's the fucking last resort, not the chosen one.
Meanwhile you are the one that appeared on the dreams of Uriel Septim, prophetic dreams that are given by Akatosh himself to the wearer of the Amulet of King.

You are the chosen of Akatosh to defend Nirn from the daedric invasion, any son of the Emperor could do what Martin does, but you're the one that was chosen by the Gods.

>Look, I don't want to get super into this so I'm not gonna sit here and debate
Obviously because you know you'll lose.

oblivion's mq was still objectively the best from a role play stand point

>smithing
busy work. not gameplay. also more broken than morrowind enchanting.
>dual wielding
gimmick that actually hinders gameplay; half of all possible dual wielding combinations dont let you block, thus the game is balanced around you being able to m1 spam everything without even managing blocking or stamina
>dual casting
barely a feature; cannot even actually combine spells in a remotely interesting fashion
>crossbows
sure, +1 half a point for skyrim adding a weapon in DLC
>mounted combat
fuck you

Do you really only have examples from the 90s?

And I forgot to mention that Morrowind already did the "maybe you're not the chosen one" with far more subtlety and skill.

That's pretty funny but it's totally wrong on all counts. None of them awaken

Jesus, that is pretty good.

>models look better than vanilla Skyrim.

Mounted Combat > Horse Armor

>Morrowind
>maybe you're not the chosen one
>literally killing gods

>Skyrim added a bunch of different weapon mechanics
it didn't
>perks that made sense ... rendering Oblivion's attributes meaningless
and you think my life is a meme? You've literally invented those qualities in your head. They're not really in the game

Blurry waifu garbage and the guy can't even hide the HUD for a screenshot.
Get some taste.

old shitty oblivion videos are the best
youtube.com/watch?v=RUEsaMaSMLo

This isn't how you claim something has the best of two things, by splitting up the two games in the series that individually do one of those things better to deflect from the fact that oblivion does neither well.

You said: Oblivion has the best writing. But this is not true, because Morrowind is better written, gameplay is not a factor because neither game uses lore to correlate with gameplay (and you never claimed the two were correlated anyway, this is pure deflection), and the actual writing quality (grammatically and syntactically) is better in Morrowind than it is in Oblivion. Bonus Points: Skyrim also has better, more interesting writing and lore than Oblivion with Dragonborn DLC, as well as Paarthurnax.

Considering gameplay, Skyrim wins because it works, and oblivion doesn't. You cited the dedicated spell casting button, I'll cite the entirely broken character leveling and stats system on top of the level scaling, all of which falls under gameplay.

Oblivion, rather than have the best of both, does NEITHER well.

New Vegas was "radioactive wasteland" Trigun-esk sort of thing

Fallout 3 was zombie/mutant shooter.

You don't kill a single god in Morrowind.
If you think the Tribunal are gods then you're helping my point that you lack basic reading comprehension skills, and that's probably the reason why you thought Oblivion main quest was special at all.

Oblivion and Morrowind's everything:
Fixed by mods

Skyrim's 5% of minor issues:
Fixed by mods

Skyrim's 95% glaring horrendous problems:
Unable to be fixed

(You) have lost.

>None of them awaken

The use of the word awakens in that context implies that something is happening to cause the ancient evil to wake up.

Not the same person, just posting better first person open world RPGs (although ultima underworld is less open since you're only moving freely underground).

>Simply looked at the perk tree in the game
>invented in my head

why did they decide to drop the medieval stylings for some neutral generic interface? shit makes no sense
paper map also looked nicer and made more sense than Google Nirn

Mods were never brought into discussion and you're continuing to level up your power of deflection. Be careful not to sleep though, wouldn't want to get outscaled by those mudcrabs.

They are using the present time very liberally, because Dagoth Ur has been building his giant mecha for a big ass amount of time at the time of TES3.
The reason you're in such a hurry to fuck him up is because he's almost finished.

This. Skyrim's HUD and UI, mechanically and visually, were fucking godawful. I don't even like the Oblivion-like interface with SkyUI because it still looks like a sterile Apple product.

That's a better swamp than and

I would love Skyrim if the game didn't break when you try to mod it

What the fuck is this supposed to be?

Yeah I thought he just decided to make his move then, remembered wrong my bad

Dagon and Alduin don't wake up though, Dagon makes a move to invade and Alduin gets thrown in time to that point

Thanks for the (You). Here's a (You) in return

>deflect
it was an
>inb4
reply debunking what are generally considered the best in the areas in which I believe Oblivion excels
>Morrowind is better written, gameplay is not a factor because neither game uses lore to correlate with gameplay (and you never claimed the two were correlated anyway, this is pure deflection)
I dont get this second point because my entire point IS that video game writing MUST interact with gameplay, at least in RPGs, in order for it to be effective. Morrowind is a better novel and a better setting. Oblivion has better quests and quest design, therefore the users experience with the writing is superior. Yes, Morrowind is better lore, but lore and writing are not the same thing, which you seem to imply in the beginning of your point quoted
>Skyrim wins because it works, and oblivion doesn't
I don't care how unfair this point is, but vanilla games dont count. I'm sorry, there's just absolutely no fucking point in arguing about it considering neither exist anymore
>Oblivion, rather than have the best of both, does NEITHER well.
it DOES have the best of both, it excels in game writing, and has awful gameplay

It's just that it's clear that Bethesda can do what it's doing because it doesn't have any competition.

The reason I keep going to Bethesda is because no one else is fucking makeing games of that type. And the lack of competition is probably the thing hurting Bethesdas quality too.

What mod is this and could my toaster run it on more than 5fps?

2006 called theywant their graphics back

you saying that perks are more effective roleplaying mechanics than attributes makes me want to fucking throw up. they replaced, watered down, and weaked the roleplaying system of the previous games. they did not improve upon or make obsolete of them

Mods are firmly rooted into the discussion of comparing TES games ever since Morrowind's release. This fact is indisputable.
Factoring out mods when comparing the games is like saying that a new pair of pants is better than an old pair because it holds up on your waist better, when both of them can equally support you if you just buy a belt.

What a fucking horrible argument.

Also you think your little level scaling quip means shit? If you played the game you were shitposting about, you'd know how easy it is to fix.

>Google Nirn
I actually really like it, and it's one of the things I wish The Witcher 3 had. The Witcher map, like Skyrims, has excessive physicality to it. Looking at a flat or paper map makes it really hard to match it to the real world

Anvil of Dawn comes to mind. There were a bunch of single character and party based games where you could semi-openly explore open to semi-open worlds, depending on the game.

Definitely Anvil of Dawn. Lands of Lore 1/2. I don't remember how open Menzoberranzan was. You had the EYe of the Beholder games, and the second of the Ravenloft games was very open (The Stone Prophet), I don't recall Strahd's Possession being as open as Stone Prophet.

What else was there. There was a surprising number of them, not just the Elder Scrolls games, I really don't know why only the Elder Scrolls games took off. There were far more open world RPGs using a single character and party based system than most people seem to realize, especially back in the day, but for some reason people act like open world is a new thing.

Bane of the Cosmic Forge was fairly open, but it wasn't until Crusade of the Dark Savant and Wizardry 8 that the Wizardry series really opened up and just let you explore their world.

We have these "OPEN WORLD" games these days that aren't actually RPGs, so Bethesda has no competition, they can water down the RPG mechanics to nothing and people will still go to them because they are the closest thing to an open world RPG there is these days.

I guess Kingdomss of Amalur sort of tried to be open world, but it felt more like an MMO in its open world than a single player RPG.

Artist is John Doe, you can find it sankaku complex user-kun.

Shut the fuck up faggot it looks good graphically. I don't like the art style personally but it looks fine

Go play the classics faggot

>no enb

Attributes did hardly anything in Oblivion with the gutting of the in depth dice rolling mechanics, which wasn't equally accomplished by perks in Skyrim, not to mention the trees offer a far more diverse amount of options for each skill than Oblivion's which doesn't offer hardly anything. The perk system just makes more sense with the direction they decided to go in Oblivion while Oblivion is like an awkward half step.

>I dont get this second point because my entire point IS that video game writing MUST interact with gameplay, at least in RPGs, in order for it to be effective. Morrowind is a better novel and a better setting. Oblivion has better quests and quest design, therefore the users experience with the writing is superior. Yes, Morrowind is better lore, but lore and writing are not the same thing, which you seem to imply in the beginning of your point quoted
But you're still wrong, the mainquest of Morrowind is massively superior to the one of Oblivion, and the writing of the faction quests are better at painting the personality and political identity of the factions instead of making an epic storyline in which you, the hero, comes and saves the day.

The Mages Guild in Oblivion might be more fun mechanically, but at the end of the day when compared to the Mages Guild in Morrowind all you know about the guild is that they don't like necromancy.
The factions in Oblivion instead of being a part of the world that has a coherent place, they're set pieces for you to join and take part on an epic storyline, and once you solve the problem you get some nice rewards and that's it.

There's an odd charm to your low graphics screenshots, please keep them coming.

Enderal and Nehrim, nigger

and Obsidian RPGs
and CDPR RPGs
and Gothic 1 & 2

Tfw only own oblivion on ps3 from 10 years ago. Too poor to buy it on pc so i can mod it to fix the level scaling bullshit.
Stuck on lvl1 forever ;_;

>in depth dice rolling mechanics
This is bait.

Pirate it, dingus.

Well my PC is pretty much a toaster

I should play again to take screenshots of more places

you use any mods related to graphics or performance?
I used to try to get this shit to run on the trusty old intel 4500mhd back in the day, dont remember it looking this acceptable

>Has no understanding of Morrowind's systems
>trying to argue anything

There's almost no point to attributes if you get rid of the formulas that use them because normies don't like maths.

But user i only have 4GB/month. I dunno if i want to waste it pirating oblivion

Heh.

Monopolies' got some pretty in-depth dice rollong strats too user

vanilla skyrim bro

tonys edit enb and no you need a beast of a pc to run this. Probably a 1080 to get solid 60.

I think all I got is that flora mod that makes the flowers and trees better looking for graphics.

I also use better landscapes, better dungeons, All natural weather, and Immersive interiors.

>weird red-brown filter

first reply picks name, 2nd picks gender, 3rd picks race

But your argument hinges upon

>Oblivion has better quests and quest design, therefore the users experience with the writing is superior

Whereas you cannot justify this statement because the writing itself is not good enough in any regard to be engaging. The writing in Oblivion does not facilitate what you are doing in any of the given quests, it may as well a bullet point list of your quest objectives for all the flavour it has. You can justifiably say Oblivion has better quests than the other two games in question (I would still argue you are wrong because a great deal of them are the same garbage fetch/m1 quests as other TES games with the added deficit of being written by an intern) , but you cannot make the leap to

>the users experience with the writing is superior

Because the users experience with the writing is, fundamentally, reading it, experiencing whatever flare or style it has to it, or breaking down whatever interesting information is being presented to you. And Oblivion does NONE of that. The only way you could make that point is if the writing and gameplay in Oblivion meshed in some way and they don't.

Wizardry

nigger

and no, reguards aren't niggers. argonians are.

Alright I'll explain. In morrowind, max fatigue, amount of fatigue, and luck effected every single system in the game. Weapon skill, weapon durability, luck, agility, block, strength, fatigue, your enemy's agility, etc etc, all affected whether or not your hit would land, just for melee. Strip that away and the stats in Oblivion just become "damage", "health", "fatigue", and "magicka" by another name

This is a little hidden treasure stash I've made in the bathing area in the Hoarfrost Castle mod.

I wasn't him user. Was just pulling you leg. Sorry senpai ;_;

>PS3

As long as he learns how it is it's fine

is there a mod that removes the shit combat from morrowind? nope

there is mods that adds great combat to both oblivion and skyrim, complete with combo systems, dismemberment, counters/kicks/breaks/etc...

you cant fix morrorwind's worst parts with mods

this is coming from a daggerfallfag who thinks the series went completely downhill since daggerfall... i will say oblivion is the objective best ES to mod

bruh I've had this game since 2007. I've never even played it for more than 15 minutes

I feel like the game that people prefer rests solely on nostalgia. Where the arena fags at?

>shit tier old 90s games

at least you haven't told him to play shitty weeb games

i like the "you're not the guy" approach better.

>open world bethesda games

>i will say oblivion is the objective best ES to mod
it runs like total shit though
plus you could add oblivion's magic system to skyrim, just make all of the spells powers, require mana, make AI use em etc

This mod makes the mage's guild final quest a lot better

>there is mods that adds great combat to both oblivion and skyrim, complete with combo systems, dismemberment, counters/kicks/breaks/etc...
No there aren't, if you think so you probably never played an ARPG with good combat in your entire life.
And Morrowind magic is already better than Oblivion and Skyrim, even without mods.

>getaloadofthisrefinedgentleman.jpg

Oblivion is the epitome of warm and comfy.

Skyrim was very cold and jagged.

pic unrelated

>i will say oblivion is the objective best ES to mod
Out of the last three TES games Oblivion is the most unstable and poorly optimized one towards modding.

Kinda this
I kike being a regular guy in a fantasy world. Speaking of which, are there any mods/games where i can be a bandit or something, going around robbing travellers?

no

I obviously meant "like" whoops

Just because those games are older than your faggy ass it doesn't mean they're bad. Both of them were well received.

Arx Fatalis. Wizards & Warriors (PC).

Some there.

You know, there are actually non-linear JRPGs out there, not necessarily open world. Of course you do have your Dragon's Dogma and Zenoblade Chronicles X. That said, SaGa Frontier and Legend of Mana are non-linear, though not open world. On the other hand if you go away from RPGs, I actually HIGHLY recommend Steambot chronicles which is an open world game where you can make choices that effect the world and story, and build up your character's reputation through actions, what you wear and even dialogue choices. Steambot Chronicles also has a wonderful "Mech" (trotmobile) building mechanic, that allows you to completely customize its loadout,its look and even whether it's made for combat or transporting goods. Hell you can make a trotbot to mine fossils to sell to the local museum.

They really need to make more Steambot Chronicles games. Or at least drastically update the PS2 Steambot Chronicles graphics because that IS its one real flaw (also the english dub is terrible), the graphics are not great.

Nah, Skyrim is way more comfy when it counts, i.e. the taverns or even the camps, especially with mods for bad weather and so.

What Skyrim doesn't have going for it is the Oblivion realms.

Those things made the comfy-ness of the regular world SO MUCH BETTER.

time of day

>using Oblivion gates as a selling point
Are we in bizarro Cred Forums or something?

The plains, the views, the night skies, the giants and their mammoths, I agree

i'll go for the hermaous mora realms any day over those boring shitholes

It's why I like games like Legend of Mana. You have your own story, but the big epic stories are other people's, you help them out with their stories. It's a very undervalued method of experiencing a story in a game. The Jumi Story made me cry, and that story wasn't about you the character, just you helping other people out with their stories. There are stories about you, in a way, in there, like when you find your apprentices, but that's you stepping into their story. Even your pet cactus (don't ask) has its own storyline when it runs away from home.

SaGa Frontier has several characters you can play as; such as a magic user trying to master all forms of magic, a guy that wants to be the hero and a girl that wakes up to discover she was killed and resurrected as a (this game's version) a vampire - which is in contrast to other stories like, "I'm an escaped convict, trying to find out who killed my husband and framed me" or, "I'm a robot who lost its memory, and I'm trying to find my purpose" or, "I'm a Bard and I'm out on an adventure to find out who my father is." All in the same game, you have that typical, "you're the guy" story in there, but with countless other stories where you are the main focus, but the focus is far from the typical Hero in an RPG.

Oh, sorry, but those are JRPGs so . . . weeb trash and all that. Because people are idiots.

>hermaous mora realms
Those were shit. I didn't even remember them.

They reluctantly admit that NV happens in the Mysterious Stranger casefiles that Valentine has and a character tells you he's going to check out the Nevada desert at the end of a quest.

But yeah, they never actually mention the existence of New Vegas or anything that happens there.

They were pretty cool.
Herma-Mora best prince.

the rewards were actually notable and the realms were different each time
oblivion realms were based on something like 5 or 6 different lands for 100 gates
awful

I hated the Oblivion gates in Oblivion. Whether you like Morrowind, Oblivoon, Skyrim or the older games, I think we can all agree, at least they aren't TESO.

For a game titled Oblivion, I really wish they put some actual effort into the whole, you know, Oblivion part of it.

Still, I agree with your overall point that contrast is mandatory for comfy. Peace is great, but it's greater when you have something that makes you appreciate it.

>Doing boethiah quest in oblivion where you go into his realm
>excited to finally check out a different kind of oblivion plane for a change
>even has a unique blue asset for the gate
>go into realm and it's exactly the same as the deadlands
Damn it

did the same thing for peryite's quest too

Yeah you're right I forgot about that one, Oblivion's daedra quests were pretty mediocre. It's just weird how they made that asset though and nothing came of it, it stuck out for me

I think ESO is a pretty fun MMORPG.

I disagree. I think you're pretty fun, though.

You're an okay guy and the game is fun.

>Obsidian RPGs

I don't enjoy my game bugging out every 2 hours or so.
Nor do I enjoy being forced saving every hour not because I wanted to but because it was necessary to not lose progress due to bugs.

Skyrim with RCRN and a HQ texture mod.is 10/10 you hipsterfaggot

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

still need to play daggerfall and the redguard

no

I just think it's the fact they're riding on the success of their older games. I don't see them being successful in the future if they keep putting out duds like Fallout 4.

Daggerfall remains my favorite TES, and in fact my favorite game of all time.

But I hear you, OP. Oblivion was aesthetic, it was comfy and it just has that feel that makes you want to come back to Cyrodil and soak it all in. One thing that really sets it apart visually is SpeedTree, a middleware for flora, which Bethesda decided not to use for Skyrim or Fallout 4. So many leaves on the trees, and the way they sway -- it's hypnotic.

>Daggerfall remains my favorite TES, and in fact my favorite game of all time.
does it work on win10? I've wanted to play it for a while now, but I've heard bad things about its stability and bugs

If DOSBox works on Win 10, then yes.

uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files

This. Still wished Legend of Mana had a final arc of sorts to connect the three major story lines.

very few people come close to making their level of single player open world exploration games, or even have the resources to try. when someone does, it wins GOTY all over the place, e.g. witcher 3.

breath of the wild is gonna blow people away for this same reason

Nah, it wasn't.

Terrible aesthetics didn't help as well.

And only water effects.

Everything else looked decently(not great by any margin) but always ran horribly.

>4:3

>fallout 4
>$750,000,000 & 12 million units in shipped sales in the first 24 hours alone
>dud

okej

No it didn't you fag. I think vast majority of Oblivion and Morrowind fags haven't even touched Skyrim.

Oblivion is the biggest offender of HDR fuckery which kinda fucks up its artstyle(it's boring artstyle tho).

Are you dumb? There newer games sold much more than their older games? Skyrim has sold more copies than the whole Fallout series and Oblivion/Morrow combined.

>Have played hundreds of hours of Oblivion
>Made tons of characters of every kind
>Never beaten the game once

Why are oblivion gates so ass? At least Skyrim's dragons wer tolerable and had a shortish main quest.

which of the two has better sex mods?

Nothing you said is true. No one makes such large scale detailed open-world games like them.

>>good

Open world is good because it has lots of things to explore. After my second playthrough I started using quick travel all the time though.

>>hardly, you can complete the entire game with a single character there is no need to play using a different style

You can't do everything in a single run. You can't join the Dark Brotherhood and destroy it at the same time. Why would you play the Companions story as an archer or mage? Different factions give you bonuses in different skills and different weapons. You wouldn't be able to use Wuuthrad if you are a mage.

Playing as a different type of fighter gives a different experience. You don't frequent the same areas, hang out with the same people, use the same items, look out for the same finds. Stealth vs dynamic is the biggest difference in iteself.

>jesus christ I bet you think harry potter is high level literature

It's way bigger and creative than Harry Potter you dog pussy licking diarrhea nozzle.

I agree. It also has many more enjoyable side quest lines that actually lead to something instead of being lots of boring unfinished stubs like in Skyrim.

>Skyrim was completely washed out and uninviting.

This. I hated how dark and gritty Skyrim was in comparison and that was the primary reason I couldn't get into it. Well, besides the quantity over quality with the side quest lines.

That's just grasping for straws, nigga.

skyrim is bright and cozy in falkreath and markath though? thats how they differentiate provinces

>random generated forest vs handmade forest

Even in Falkreath and Markath the colors are super pastel and just don't have any power to them. It's probably to set the atmosphere, but that really puts me off Skyrim.

oh well, fair enough

But ESO___ has better gameplay.

they all suck

The NPCs actually having intricate schedules in Oblivion made the game feel alive and one of many reasons it's a better game than Skyrim

Female (male)

In Morrowind thought were you really the guy? Didn't the countless people that failed before you try to be the guy and could have been if they had suceeded?
Are you not just a guy that was capable of meeting the requirements? Therefore took the title of Neravarine and champion of Azura?
Or did I miss something?

how does it manage to look worse than vanilla skyrim when it was released later?

>mmo
>bad graphics
No shit. Their biggest mistake was making an mmo in the first place.

this is up for debate: its never explicitly stated whether you simply mantle Nerevar, or are an actual reincarnation. I do wonder though if Vivec would have been sympathetic to someone who merely mantles his old friend

it didn't age well
only hardcore fags with raging nostalgiaboner can enjoy it now

i agree with this. i find the npc's in oblivion to be much more interactive and fun
>tfw u will never find the skooma den for the first time again

Fuck you oblivion had great quests

>permanently fucked
With OpenMW the sky is the limit. I fully expect modded Morrowind to look better than modded Skyrim in the future.

>MGSO
>2016
Roll your own mod collection. MGSO is outdated as fuck.

>Oblivion thread
>no waifus and/or porn posted yet

is this real life???

I would but they ban pretty qucik now

>he doesn't know the mods' sleeping schedules
git gud

dunmeri grills are top qts

I might, lemme get the game fired up

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON

wtf is this shit

>How the fuck did bethesda do it?
Probably because even though people grew up, they still have fun in a sandbox.
Bethesda games are always marketed with this in mind.

>they still have fun in a sandbox.
this, literally no one else at all makes games like this

>download Oblivion again
>put on loads of mods to make it pretty
>can play 10 seconds and then it crashes
>uninstall

>tfw you fucking loved oblivion and the intense nostalgia forces you to try and play it again
>tfw you anticipate the potato faces and get a mod to fix it
>tfw 10 min in and youve already heard the fucking mudcrab conversation a hundred times
>shutitdown,shutitalldown.jpg
then in skyrim we have every stupid fucker condescending to you from 20 fucking feet away every few seconds
please, for fucks sake bethesda, think things through before you try to make the ais more "immersive" again, you will fail

oh right, so thats what style bethesda ripped off for skyrim, i couldnt quite remember what fantasy shit was big when it came out
then you look back at oblivion and remember lotr was huge then
seriously what the fuck bethesda be original again please

there are mods that lower the range the NPC talk to you from or even silence them completely

I remember how I snapped and started killing everyone in NV when I entered NCR base and all 10-15 NPC simultaneously started saying their shitty lines like a goddamn chorus

why in the hell would anyone need concept art of a minotaur anyways like wtf

What are you talking about? The forests leading up to Riften were gorgeous.

kek

I don't particularly like Skyrim but it's one of the only TES/Fallout games that manages to actually make the most of its shitty models and the technical limitations of its world. I don't know what kind of fucking autism it takes to think Oblivion looks better.

it's all about world building. It's an interesting sandbox in which losing yourself, it's interesting to explore and do stuff.
Also the possibility to mod to your heart content adds an infinite amount of longevity.

Also Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim > rest of sandbox games

>tfw always play as spellsword
>tfw went back to oblivion after so much skyrim
>tfw remember cast button exists
fucking bullshit dual wielding gimping my shit
fuck you skyrim i want a sword AND a shield AND motherfucking lightning without having to pause every two seconds

okay how bout this
>an ancient evil quits dicking around and is almost done with his plan
>an ancient evil quits dicking around and actually starts his plan
>an ancient evil quits dicking around and does his fucking job

the 1980's called, they want their stupid quip back

>I don't know what kind of fucking autism it takes to think Oblivion looks better.
It's called severe nostalgia. Usually accompanied by descriptions of the thing the person is nostalgic for being "comfy".

>grim up north: the game
>bland and uncomfy as hell
wow who the fuck woulda thought?

same here I hate how lazy bethesda is but I always dump over 500hrs in TES games because I love openworld rpgs

i know, i have that mod
but still, why in the actual fuck would they have ever thought that was a good idea? did they only test for 10 minutes? oh wait, right.... bethesda
and jesus even with that mod nazeem is still an insufferable cunt

Literally looks like Dark Souls 2 Kingdom of Heide.

skyrim was long in developement by the time GoT got big, please calm down

Wait, it's actually better to play as a male than as a female?

>Willpower -10

kek

You can tell summer is over by the fact most people here agree Oblivion was a better game than the dumbed down game that was Skyrim

>Nevada desert
>Not calling it the Mojave

That basically proves that they retconned it

Oblivion was already dumbed the fuck down. At least Skyrim didn't try to pretend it wasn't simplistic garbage aimed at children and normies.

Well if a product is successful despite being of low quality, then they are probably in a position of monopoly. If you think about it, it's true. If you're a normie and like the Bethesda-style AAA RPG with big worlds to explore, rpg-esque character leveling and building, questing and story and so on, there's really nothing out there for you to play except The Witcher.
Neither me or the masses at large have ever heard of or looked into those.

why the fuck would they mention it? how would anyone even know about those events? there is no NCR or Legion in Boston

Oblivion had better side quests, guild quests, main quest, NPCs that actually lived in the world and didnt wait around for the main character to approach them before activating, better artstyle, better cities, better random happenings, better magic, colourful world with varying settings

Skyrim had bland grey world, forests and snow only, npcs who stood around all day, cities with 5 houses in them, a civil war questline that was absolute garbage, bland voice acting. It did however have relatively enjoyable Dragon fights and a good modding community possibly better than Oblivions.

>The other two
>other two
>two

>Skyrim had bland grey world
as opposed to bland green world? skyrim has more variety in scenery than oblivion
>npcs who stood around all day
NPC schedules are more or less the same in two games, they sleep, eat, and "work"
>cities with 5 houses in them
only 1 city in oblivion is bigger than in skyrim, the rest are the same tiny hamlets
>bland voice acting
really? are you really saying that Oblivion voice acting is better? both games have shit VA

>This. I hated how dark and gritty Skyrim was in comparison and that was the primary reason I couldn't get into it. Well, besides the quantity over quality with the side quest lines.

You can mod it to be tropical.

You can change the colours and shit with just, like, one god damned mod.

Gosh that's a lovely riverbank.

probably

>open chest
>find beacon
>carefully take everything but the beacon
>leave and never come back

Decent quest with a cool weapon but not after you've played it twice.

>Oblivion is ugly

>Decent quest
What?
Why?
"Go here, kill the draugr"
What else was there to it?

>fuck you skyrim i want a sword AND a shield AND motherfucking lightning without having to pause every two seconds

You can assign hotkeys in the quick menu.

The combat is the Witcher series' weakest aspect.

It did have a blander world.

Oblivion had lush forests, snowy mountains up north, swamps down south, the sunny seaside coast near Anvil, and Oblivion worlds.

NPCs are not the same. In Oblivion if you stole an NPCs food they would then go out into the world to get some more. This doesnt happen in Skyrim.

Whiterun and Solitude are the only cities in Skyrim that dont feel like small little enclaves in the forest.

Both games do have shit VA but the Skyrim Nordic voices are like chalk on a blackboard to my ears

good childhood

for me it's basically this i played fallout 4 and i fucking loved it. the shooting was serviceable and i was able to roam around in a world freely. that's all i need. but i'm one of those people who can turn off their brain and enjoy a game despite its faults

im also an avid toddposter. i made around 5 toddposting images that are still in use today.

>Oblivion is sooo generic!

I enjoyed Skyrim but let's not pretend it was somehow new and interesting as a story/location. Some of the oldest literature in the English language is viking shit and dragons.

>Skyrim had bland grey world, forests and snow only

Not true at all.

>pine forests of Falkreath
>central plains
>rivers and crags in The Reach
>volcanic ponds south of Windhelm
>Tundra of Winterhold
>Swamps of Morthal

You didn't even play the game.

>Oblivion had lush forests, snowy mountains up north, swamps down south, the sunny seaside coast near Anvil, and Oblivion worlds.
and Skyrim has forests and green scenery in Falkreath and Markath, tundra in Whiterun, snow and ice in Windhelm and Winterhold and a perpetual autumn and even volcanic hotsprings in Riften
>Both games do have shit VA but the Skyrim Nordic voices are like chalk on a blackboard to my ears
NPC's in oblivion fucking change voices MID SENTENCE

All that effort to make a screenshot and they have all that nasty clipping in it.

Opening the gates to make the beam of light go inside, then the boss fight.

I played the game, all those supposedly different environments looked the exact fucking same. Brown.

I actually liked the oblivion glass set

oh wow, now you are not even trying

Stable multiplayer mod with mod support for Oblivion/Skyrim when

would a gtx 960 be able to run skyrim at max with some cheeky enbs and better flora mods?

Honestly if Oblivion didn't have that atrocious leveling system it wouldn't be so hated

Even the potato faces is just a small issue compared to it, and its easily fixed with mods

no spears
no ladder animation

By openly supporting the modding community

Even shitty games gain a huge fanbase that way if done right

>In Oblivion if you stole an NPCs food they would then go out into the world to get some more.

Yeah and unless you modded the game to make the guards not have psychic powers, you might get arrested for it even though nobody saw you do it.

But don't worry, if the psychic guards give you trouble, just hit them in the face with your axe.

Then watch your "blunt weapon" skill go up.

Then quit and play a better game.

its funny because its the same engine as the one in morrowind, I dont get it, why dont they just admit that they hate spears instead of lying about engine limitations

for fucks sake they had working spears in the gamejam video

>vanilla
>literally wearing armour added from a mod

It's either that and pixels, or it's off to jail

it was just a joke lol

>Openly supporting

HERE! *tosses DEV kit* YOU DO IT, CAN'T BE BOTHERED M8

BEST HOUSE, BEST MAGE desu

the clone fucker was amusing, but also probably insane

holy fuck it's Ben Shapiro

That's why you can mod the games from day 1. Todd know that pretty well. Properly modded Skyrim literally curbstomps most modern games. 2k-4k-8k parallax textures can do wonders.

man, I totally forgot how fucking awful armor design was in Oblivion, what the fuck is that shit?

please take this to tesg

The Elder Scrolls series peaked here.

My only problem with TES games after Morrowind is that the towns are fucking small, I really want a huge city where you get can raped for taking a wrong turn.

So
Stealth archer or stealth conjurer?
Which is the easier easy mode?

stealth conjurer with a bound bow

>It had better art direction
Why the fuck are Oblivion babbies so delusional?

Shivering Isles had a different concept artist than the base game.

Yes

It's light years ahead of everything Bethesda shat out in recent years.

I hated the dark brotherhood armor in Skyrim.

>dad always used to comment on Oblivion's music and how he liked it when I used to play it
>died last year
>now Oblivion music makes me sad

Skyrim may look like shit but Oblivion is diarrhea.
Fucking nostalgiafags

What if someone wants a game and not an autism simulator? If you want to masturbate over a billion stats and fatigue and shit, just play DnD with some friends.

The combat in Morrowind was shit. Not because of the oldschool approach but because that combat that would work amazingly in a turn based isometric RPG, SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK ON A REALTIME FIRST PERSON GAME.

Removing the autism was a good thing, it made no fucking sense from a visual point of view. When you see your character hit a crab with an axe, you expect to see results, not perma miss.

In Skyrim you simply do more and more damage with the weapon you chose to level, and this makes sense.

No matter how tired and starving I am, even if I lost 1l of blood and never held an axe in my life, I sure as shit will be able to hit a crab with it, and in muh rowinds, you can't.

Is there any footage of this setup?

Oscuro's Oblivion Mod >>> Enderal TBQFH

Problem with Skyrim is that it was just snow and mountains with very little variation. As well as being more colourful, Oblivion had different landscapes as well.

false

Side quests are equal, both games have good ones and bad ones.
Oblivion has better guild quests, yes. Skyrim on the other hand has beyond god tier daedra quests that make up for everything else.
Every TES game since Arena has garbage main quest.
Skyrim has way better NPC than Oblivion. Way more of them, way more dialogues options, way more voice acting and better AI and schedule.
>Better artstyle
Opinions
>Better cities
Meh, Skyrim had Markarth, Riften and Windhelm as top tier, Oblivion had the imperial city.
>better random happenings, better magic,
Agreed with the magic, don't agree with the random happenings. And there are magic mods with over 300 new spells that curbstomp even what Dragon's Dogma can offer.
>colourful world with varying settings
Are you fucking retarded? Skyrim has all four seasons on each side of the map with different environments and atmosphere, Oblivion has green forests.

>bland voice acting
Better than Oblivion and most games out there. The one thing even hardcore hater of Bethesda agree on is that their sound design is literal ear porn.
>cities with 5 houses in them
Not one main city has 5 houses in it. And I'm assuming you've never been to Markarth to spew such bullshit.

You're just an underaged memelord that didn't play any of the TES games and have to rely of other underaged memelords' opinion.

I ran Skyrim max settings with an ENB and 2k textures with a 5870 user...

And it's already more than every single game studio out there has done.

They could have tried to do something interesting with them.
There was a Minotaur Emperor after all.

but no, they had to make Cyrodiil intro European fantasy #3523

I had a 5870 until last year when it started to have heat issues from just being so old. Think was a fuckin CHAMP.

>Using cheats to lock the Skooma Den in Oblivion
>The druggy Khajits start going nuts and attacking anyone nearby since they can't get in
>Guards pour in and shit just goes whack

its the little things

Oblivion looked like utter dog shit through and through.
Everything from the tech to the design made the game look like 8 year old's math book doodles.

This is now an Adam Adamowicz appreciation thread.
RIP

BTFO

>"every combat system that's worse than W3 is literally unfuckingplayable"

Well that's true because W3 combat is fucking atrocious, anything worse than that WOULD be unplayable.

Big cities in next TES?

if not, id like you to define a "very good lore"

>new engine will fix it
although i do believe they will actually try to make something this time because they actually have rising competition

Hopefully they learn to optimize correctly

It's the only company that still makes inmersive, first person RPGs in fantasy settings with lots of roleplay posibilities and a great deal of play-styles

Easy to use mod tools help a lot

meant to reply to

There are only 3 worthwhile TES games
Fuck off retard
>m-muh daggerfall

You're being too hard on Oblivion and Skyrim. Even if they're not as good as Daggerfall, Redguard, or Morrowind they're still worthwhile games in their own rights. And Battlespire may not be amazing but it's short enough to be worth playing at least once.

It was the best GPU ever made, and the only time where nvidia was on literal suicide watch, while amd was curbstomping everything with 2 times more perfs, 2 times less power draw for almost 2 times less the cost.

I really need to get back to this one day and do a full Thieves Arsenal playthrough. I forgot if you need another mod to give it more lootable interiors, enterable windows and vaults and stuff?

But Skyrim had a """""realistic""""" color palette. Like a Zack Snyder film.

oblivion looks like it has max on glow or light settings

Geographically speaking, it's impossible for those environments to exist so close to each other as they do in Skyrim.

>Playing Elder Scrolls game in 2016

LMAO.

Honestly its a mix between former succes of their games, mass shit taste and great advertising. Maybe not oblivion but skyrim and the 3d fallout games had great advertising dine for them. You wanna know where most of veths money go?

PR, one hollywood actor and jewnomists.
Todd is either being ripped of by his advisor jews or legit think they need that many on their team.

ASHED

>having stats and simple formula mechanism that use them to affect your actions like any RPG in the history of the world
>autism
Oblivion players, everyone.