Whats your opinion about Enter the Gungeon?

Whats your opinion about Enter the Gungeon?

Fucking garbage and my biggest disappointment of the year

I don't have the time to get good at it but I enjoyed being bad at it
the pacing is off though, first few floors take way too long

Pretty fun. Never bothered getting good but there seems to be a lot of depth to it

Please only opinions from non-casuals thx

it's fun

It's like Nuclear Throne but worse

I play it everyday finally got all the achievements a while back. Waiting on the content update now.

Oh yeah when is it gonna come out? Only recently started playing again

It's fun for like an hour

They said this fall. So hopefully sometime before November.

just go play nuclear throne honestly, etg is a waste of time

I liked it but now I regret buying it because I don't play it anymore

Had potential, but honestly kinda sucks.

Weapons and buffs don't feel rewarding like they do in BoI and Nuclear Throne.
It's too easy to have a run be fucked if you get garbage on the first floor.

Gameplay is repetitive bullet sponge punishing with little surprise.
Bosses aren't very good either.

Also no mid-run saving really fucking kills it since I get bored halfway through but can't pick up a run again.

I like the way collectibles are unlocked and the hub, and all the info in the book. Rest is a major disappointment.

meme game

This game deserves a reward, it manages to be even more unfun than Nuclear throne
bravo

A worse Nuclear Throne

Not well made. It gets boring in later levels since your damage rarely scales to enemy health inflation. Everything becomes a bullet sponge

This is gonna sound casual as fuck, but it's a bit unfair
>start with 3 health
>almost only way to get more is go whole level unhit
that shouldnt be how it works tbphfam

That's my primary complaint about the game. A lot of the early game is fairly slow going, and it only gets worse unless you get a good gun and/or damage upgrades.

Another thing that hurts the longevity of the game is that there isn't enough cool passive items for interesting synergies. TBoI has all sorts of crazy shit with how it's items work together, i suppose because you never "switch" your weapon.

It's weird how Cred Forums doesn't like it considering it's a bullet hell game.

What I enjoy the most about this game is the sound design along with the soundtrack, it always gets me pumped.

Also, unicorn gun and wand gun are pretty much the most OP guns, along with the sling.

I have been playing a lot of it recently and getting bad runs is just too easy. The early game is pretty boring which sucks because you end up playing the first 1-3 levels a lot. And it's just not as satisfying as any other roguelike to play.

>It's weird how Cred Forums doesn't like it considering it's a bullet hell game.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? i fucking hate bullet hells, i think they're fucking garbage

stop falling for the Cred Forums is one person meme you throbbing mongoloid

>Doesn't like bullet hell

ah, no wonder Cred Forums doesn't like Enter the Gungeon.

The thing that did it for me was mostly just looking at the bullets and learning to use the dodgeroll/blanks more often and suddenly i could beat the dragun pretty much every run and got all 4 pasts done in one night and also i never played a bullet hell game before

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I love bullet hells and I hate ETG

Personally, I think I enjoyed Steredenn more than ETG, but that's more of a difference in style.

Why is it so hard to shoot and dodge bullets? I can't do two things at once. It hurts my eyes.

Play a real shmup.

This one is basically a terrible one because your weapon upgrade system is fucking horrid.

too slow paced, lots of walking around in empty rooms

>Whats your opinion about Enter the Gungeon?
will always be sort of shit until i can see the entire room in my screen so i can stop being hit by shit i had no way of knowing was there

Fuck you, man.

You know damn well people were hoping for a fun roguelike with shmup elements, like Isaac or even Nuclear Throne (and everyone saying it's a worse Nuclear Throne is absolutely right.)

Instead they got a full on shmup with roguelike elements and IMO said roguelike elements only made the game worse in every way.

Don't act like the average person is going to enjoy Battle Garegga, Dodonpachi or even something entry-level like Raiden or Ikaruga. It takes time and dedication to get good at a shmup and the randomization of EtG only hurts playing it to do that. One time you get carried by a broken combo, and ten more you'll be playing with your primary being the best weapon. If you're playing it for the Isaac-like broken potential, it'll take far more rerolls to get anything like that than BoI for sure.

I'd only recommend EtG if you want a shmup that plays very differently from other ones in terms of progression.

Bullet hells are short enough to not bore me to tears unlike enter the gungeon.

This is literally only a problem if you are using the starting gun. Start looking for guns which are 'room clearers'. Like the Heroine, AK-47, Charge Shot, Corsair or some kind of shotgun like the Blooper, Void shotgun. Almost nothing survives 3 shots and there are plenty of good weapons.

I think most people go into it thinking "I need to save ammo, so I won't use my good guns on these useless fodder" So they spend 3 minutes on a room that would have taken them seconds and have more then likely gotten an ammo drop for using a good gun.

I've ended the last 5 runs in a row with 10 weapons and no damage increasing items and still managed to clear the Forge no problem.

>Another thing that hurts the longevity of the game is that there isn't enough cool passive items for interesting synergies

That's my only complaint, guns were suppose to be interesting on their own and many of them are. Others though are just a different gun reskinned. Like the Makarov vs your starting gun, both of them deal the same damage and while the Makarov might shoot faster, it's still not going to kill anything very fast. You are pretty much going to use it just to try to force an ammo drop for one of your better weapons.

I'm glad that the next content update said that they would add in more synergies between passive items and guns. Many guns would be very interesting to use if they had a passive that boosts them.

I also wish that characters had traits that would boost guns as well. The Pilot should boost the Void Marshall's damage. The Marine should make it so that you shoot two special rounds from The Judge. The Hunter should boost every Crossbow and Bow weapon. The Convict should get a boost to unconventional weapons, like the Molotov Launcher. Robot should boost guns that use Electricity, like Thunderclap and the Bullet should boost all Melee weapons, like Fightsaber.

>starting characters play exactly the same
>starting guns are worthless
>guns are kept behind a wall of grinding against the same 5 enemies
>gun drops are uncommon
>guns are mostly useless or eat up too much ammo
>health, armor, ammo and key drops are far too rare
>bulletsponge enemies that spawn in waves
>bosses have 5x the health they need
>slow character, slow bullets, slow enemies, slow progression
>too many nonsense weapons (watergun, mailbox gun, etc)
>grinding boss battles for unlocks
>bad pixel art
really i could deal with all of it if they just gave the player more guns- its insulting to play a game called enter the gungeon and have to use the starting peashooter to kill everything for several floors. this game had so much potential, I followed it for months and bought it on launch and holy shit was it painful. never buying a game before torrenting again

nuclear throne for life

Does Nuclear Throne still only run at 30 FPS?

slow and sterile

guns feel like shit

have to grind for credits to unlock fun items

worse than isaac
worse than nuclear throne

So much wasted potential, and they threw away what hype the game had left by not releasing content in a timely matter
It's also what killed /lite/

Yeah, as the game speed is tied to the frame rate. The dev actually put out a 60 fps build, but it was nigh-unplayable.

>iframes

first post best post

etg is more of a bullet heck

this is the only thing preventing nt from moving from a 5/10 to a 9/10, it's fucking impossible to play