Why did Eli need Rex when he had Sahelanthropus and the final parasite strain?

Why did Eli need Rex when he had Sahelanthropus and the final parasite strain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
youtube.com/watch?v=h3Mt-gEEHzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, we'll never know what happened, I guess.

All we know after 5 is that he joined the British armed forces.

Sleeping late as usual, eh Snake?

Liquid, you're still alive?

I won't die, as long as you still live.

Too bad. It looks like your revolution was a failure.

Just because you've destroyed metal gear doesn't mean that I am done fighting.

Fighting? What are you really after?

A place where warriors like us are honored; as we once were. As we should be.

That was Big Boss' dream.

It was his dying wish!

He outgrew the cockpit. Mantis lost his ability to control it as he grew up. As in real life, time ruins everything. But at least now we know how he was able to pilot REX immediately upon entering it's cockpit.

Huh, I haven't played MGS in years but I still read that in their voices.

>caring at all about this game

Literally kill yourself.

This is clearly explained in mission 51.

wow, it really doesn't seem to fit at all with MGSV. That's pretty much how I felt the entire time.

>Mantis lost his ability to control it as he grew up
you are really really dumb

I never played V but I believe it. In MGS1 all he could do was throw furniture at you.

RETCONS
E
T
C
O
N
S

Given the context of MGS5, what would an MGS1 remake's boss fight be like?

>mgs5 but instead of retarded boner gundum sahelanthropus, skullface has rex and other primitive metal gears
>instead of magic parasites its nanomachines
maybe it would have gave it a half modicum of consistency that the game desperately needed

Batshit insane to be sure

>WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?
>ASK THE FATHER YOU KILLED. I'LL SEND YOU TO HELL TO MEET HIM.

Why is MGS1 so GOAT, Cred Forums?

The final level explaining all that was cut from the game. You should know that you bought a unfinished game with so many plot holes.
youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

>had Sahelanthropus and the final parasite strain?
>had

Even though the content got cut, it's pretty safe to assume that Venom eventually got around to slapping the shit out of Liquid and then took/destroyed both of those.

>maybe instead of recruiting one off nobodies, you are building the prototype foxhound
but the horse can poop on command and you can drop shipping crates on people

They say in the game that he's only as strong as he is because he has no sense of self due to being a child with an immature mind and is completely shut off while channeling another person.

Delet this

No because I also bought the game at release and I am still pissd.

He literally did nothing wrong.

>I never played V

you never played MGS1 either, he was mind controlling the entire genome soldier army

man thats the worst part of all, the technology and mechanics were so fun and then they go and turn it into action 3rd person shooter with monster hunter grinding and no story. konami yakuza fucks burned us harder than ever

and revengeance 2 never

Why does he wear a domino mask in TPP? I know for a fact that it isn't explained.

Was I supposed to care when I had to shoot rando MB soldiers in mission 40somthing? I had no connection with these dude, half of them I only fultoned so they wouldn't wake up, I couldn't tell any of their faces apart, and none of them were individuals, they were vaguely faced "Adjective Animal" names connected with one of my platforms. Even worse, killing them just freed up space for more S-rank dudes
Should have been recruiting a few individuals, not masses of chaf

>"cut from the game"
>He hasn't played the DLC missions

You're missing out on half the content

They had the right idea with the Malak and Russian cybernetics doctor missions. Even Silent Basilisk had something going for him.

TPP doesn't have DLC missions.

I feel like that's something Kojima wanted for Westaboo reasons. He was perfect looking in GZ.

Because Kojima still cared about writing the MGS series and wasn't trying to stretch the series thin with a forced ending and two shoehorned prequels set between timeline gaps.
>inb4 Fukushima meme posters.
See pic related.

When was the last update you downloaded? :^)

Is this EGM? Text looks familiar.

Because MGSV didn't exist in 1998.

oh my god this fucking part.
they really could've just shorten the way or lengthen his speech, hot damn.

GamesTM, a short-lived spin-off magazine they sold at EB Games (before they got absorbed by Gamestop).

No don't you get it, those two mission zones are that far apart on the world map, they need to be exactly that far apart by car ride
No we can't use a closer mission zone

I last played TPP today, and there are no DLC missions.

nobody would even notice if the jeep was moving 1.2 times faster than the top speed of a normal jeep
but no, just throw the big song there to kill time
you didn't expect that at an emotional moment, did you?

Do you have the update checkmarked in the dlc box?

I wish Konami made DLC missions instead of shitty multiplayer extras

METAL GEAR SURVIVE GAMEPLAY IN 4 HOURS. WHO /cautiously hyped/?

They ran out of budget to bring back the voice/motion actors.

Doesn't matter, Kojima modeled MGSV after Vagrant story; and the lead of that was his best friend in the 90s. Hence, "THE PHANTOM PAIN." Story will never be finished. It's ogre

You can't fool me.

me actually
give me that sweet gameplay

Super baby method?

I'll watch it. I'm expecting it to be a trainwreck.

They played us like a damn fiddle.

Man, the sneaking in MGS5 is so fucking smooth. I can't even go back to past games or any other stealth game for that matter.

>Hes going to give money to Konami after they last ass fucked him

I wonder if SurVive has PvE coop

It's implied that the real BB and the real skull face died in GZ's ending

BB was nowhere to be found and wasn't Ishmael; ishmael's face under the bandages was shower to be the medic. And he never gets hurt (no knife wound, doesn't Burn to death, etc)

Skull Face in TPP wears a fox mask as a tribute to the phantom of the opera. He's literally a ghost. And so is Venom's past as a medic, aka ishmael

If you want to convince a weirdo thinking he's someone, you reinforce the behavior. Like how a hospital gave a patient nazi clothes and newspapers for him to believe he's one

Meh. It didn't felt that different from the last Splinter Cell.

Take your conspiracy theorist headcanon bullshit elsewhere.

Too late user

>jeep ride with music is bad
>ladder climb with music is gods cum

This. NBGO is where all the ueless headcanon goes.

Not him but if you visit there, NBGO is literally where all conspiracy theorists get crucified

All of the theorists moved out after people in the MGS sub Reddit moved in to crucify every theorist. There's a reason there's no more theories there anymore. It's been like that for almost half a year now.

Who cares what's canon or not

The real question is, will we ever get MGSAC!D 3?

>We will never see Kiefer Sutherland and Robin Atkin Downes play Snake and Miller ever again

Nah they got intercepted a few days later cause its just a few kids. Figure it out.

While I sorta agree, the jeep ride is worse, because there's a near 7 minute gap where literally nothing happens, and Venom and Skullface are just staring at each other in complete silence. At least the ladder manages to end when the song ends.
Also, Sins of the Father feels so out of place during the jeep ride. It signifies nothing of the scene and just feels like it was put in just because.

end of 2 raiden on his way to freedom 4 comes out fuck his shit up then rising drops to put the nail in the coffin fucking shit could this man not escape his fate?

Sins of the Father should have been the opening song or played during a battle like Heaven's Divide.

So how does Kaz use the phantom against the original Snake? When does he leave Diamond Dogs? Fuck, there are so many holes.

He tried using Venom and Solid against Big Baws but he got snuffed by ocelot

Is it heresy to say I like sutherlands performance best?

Not at all. I'd really like another MGS with him playing Snake, but I doubt it'll happen.

No
Sutherland was really good, it's a shame Hayter acted the way he did on twitter

MGS1 and 2 had a different co-writer.

Later on Kojima disappeared up his own ass and just started making pure fanservice crap.

>Why does he wear a domino mask in TPP?
To hide the marks around his eyes his parasite would exhibit.

The entire time I just kept thinking "God damn, this was a good choice." And yeah, its a shame we probably wont see him in the role again

I agree, at the same time, I felt pretty bad for the poor guy

It would've been awesome if he had voiced the real Big Boss and Keifer would voice Venom

Do you ever actually fight those enemies in that area with the sword?

But that wouldn't make any sense. When discussing Venom with the real BB, Ocelot himself says, "No one around him will doubt that he's the Big Boss they know." Giving Big Boss and Venom Snake different voices takes away from that. Also keep in mind that Kiefer played the real Big Boss in GZ too.

I did it guys I joined the army. Hopefully I'll be toughening up and getting fit you guys will make it too!

yes in substance

did you read the text

I guess you're right
Poor Hayter

Who's Hayter? You didn't say that name, right anons? I am the voice of Metal Gear games.

B-Boss!

Kiefer's such a bro.
>Doesn't play video games, but respects them nonetheless
>Accepts an award on Kojima's behalf after the latter is not allowed to go to an awards ceremony
>Great with fans; signs MGS stuff and recites lines at events
>Doesn't complain on Twitter
>Always brings home delicious mutton

>gets drunk and pisses in hotel hallways

Yeah, what a champ

He's gotta have something to write about for his album.

Will you ever stop complaining, Hayter?

Best MGS game

got a link?

If only this was real. I was just saying in another thread a few days ago they should've had a new game + mode where you play Snake's side of things.

youtube.com/watch?v=h3Mt-gEEHzs

It starts at 4 AM EST.

It's very clear from Keifer's deleted lines of dialogue that it was meant to be a two-way conversation, but Kojima's autism compelled him to make Venom an autistic retard as well.

>implying that is not based

They basically did. Substance had side stories where you played as Snake, usually in areas of the Big Shell.

The Parasite strain and Sahelanthropus were dead ends, completely unable to be controlled effectively without running the serious risk of accidental unintentional infection, and Sahs could barely fucking function period with outright relying on psychic bullshit. And was likely stripped down for parts and had the next one be that ugly ass MG because while a significant step back in terms of technology used on it, was able to be used by a normal, adult male, no psychic bullshit required

but what's the point? they aren't canon

What is this, just an April fool's joke?

>instead of magic parasites its nanomachines
but those are the basis of nanomachine technology.

I wouldn't know. MGSV isn't canon. It doesn't even have a fucking ending.

Venom destroys Sahelanthropus on Lord of the Flies island. Whatever knowledge Liquid and Mantis gained from hijacking it was transferred into the construction of Rex. The parasite strain is developed into FOXDIE was it not?

Why should I care about the personal lives of a voice actor? I only care about his work and how he treats his fans.

>Whatever knowledge Liquid and Mantis gained from hijacking it was transferred into the construction of Rex

What are you trying to say? Neither had any involvement in the development of REX.