Who's looking forward to Atelier Totori 2 here?

Who's looking forward to Atelier Totori 2 here?

youtube.com/watch?v=jun607JBEFw

Looks good to me so far, only complaint is most of the male character designs aren't doing much for me. Not a big deal with only 4 character slots, might use Oskar occasionally to reward that fatass for losing weight.

>all those outfits

Firis is too lewd.

Do we got news on that new blue reflection game?

I've bought every Atelier game since Rorona, so I'll be buying this too.

Can't wait for Gust's TGS tomorrow.

Will they have more information about Blue Reflection at TGS? Also what did you think of Sophie? I've been thinking about getting it once I finish Meruru.

>Atelier Totori 2

This doesn't look like Totori at all though. I'm still looking forward to it.

Looks like turn based. I'm not a fan of turn based combat.

Otherwise looks interesting.

Hopefully next game we'll finally get another Totori. We're long overdue for one.

Atelier has always been turn-based, what are you talking about.

>main theme is travel
>you can build ships
>protective older sister
>tsundere lesbian with a fancy sounding name
>alchemist from last game is this protagonist's mentor

sounds like Totori 2.0 to me

I'd like for it to be good but Sophie was pretty disappointing so I'm not expecting too much.

No. They're missing one key thing here. Maybe one day we'll get another TotoMimi but not with this game. I do like Sophie with Plachta though so that's really the main thing I'm looking forward to.

I just hope the implementation of the time limit is good. They've had two games in a row with no time limits so they might decide that this one should be super generous to not scare people, and if they do that it might end up hurting the game like E&L's terrible timer did.

I wish Shallie had been better, I adore her character design - easily my favorite main character design in the series ever, period. The game just wasn't that good though.

My outright favorite character design in the series is Marion Quinn from Escha though. If I could make a custom player character in the Atelier games, it'd look very similar to Marion. Very much my style of character, though my favorite character personality tends more toward Mimi, another character design that I absolutely adore.

Between Shallie, Marion and Mimi I think I'm beginning to see a theme in my preferences.

Which makes me sad because I'm seeing bright colored bubbly pale haired girls for days instead of beautiful dark eyed, black haired and pale skinned girls. It'll still probably be a good game, but it really makes me long for character customization in the series (even though it wouldn't make any sense, as they're set characters instead of custom characters).

So tempted to shell out $200 and buy a premium box, but shipping costs kills the deal.

That's pretty nice. Shipping is going to be a bitch out here though.

It doesn't cost that much for just a regular premium box you know.

The boxes are xbox heug though, for people with shitty postal services I imagine it costs a lot. Anyone import the Premium Box for YnnK? Should be the same price, same size I think.

What was wrong with E&L's timer? It was a little harsh but otherwise I didn't really see a big problem.

Marion is absolute perfection.

>E&L's timer
>harsh
Uh, bro...

>Gust will never give us another pairing as god-tier as totomimi again
>These two do not fit Gust's definition of beautiful

It hurts.

It was way too lenient, so you'd finish every task super fast and then have nothing to do for months. Couldn't unlock any new areas or anything since those were based off time progression, so your only option was to just sleep for ages. Totally ruined the pacing.
I have no idea how you found it harsh. Was it your first Atelier or something? I dunno, maybe it was. But for anyone who'd played one before it was stupidly easy.

How the absolute fuck is she holding that hair brush, JESUS.

Wow it actually looks like a current gen game. Finally.

Claw grip

Damn you, now I can't unsee it.

I just tried it on a brush. It's doable but awkward as hell with curled fingers like that.

No one can replace Totori in my heart.

Sophie and plachta are best friends, nothing more nothing less

JRPGs should never have time limits

FACT

>They've had two games in a row with no time limits

Which two?

The Ateliers with time limits are better than the ones with infinite time though.

Shallie and Sophie.

Shallie then Sophie.

Firis' approach to time limits sounds fine to me. First half of the game is timed, but once you clear that time limit the second half is unlimited.

Time limits are nice to make decisions meaningful, but I always disliked how I couldn't just have an endgame after that to freeplay in. Can't go make plans to beat the hidden bosses, more effective to just prepare stuff to carry over for your next run. This way you get the best of both worlds, I think. Probably.