What's better for gaming - 1440p or 144hz

Hey Cred Forums, I need your help as you are surely the smartest people I know and because Cred Forums are a bunch of faggots.
I have enough money to buy

A - a 60hz monitor with 1440p resolution
B - a 144hz monitor with 1080p resolution

Now I know many of you will say that 144hz is a meme for dota 2 and csgo tryhards and to be honest I don't play either of those but I do play a lot of tf2 and I would like to experience that game at 144fps before it finally dies. Plus my pc is powerful enough to push well above 60fps on most previous gen and a good few current gen titles. On the other hand, the extra resolution would be nice for pretty game graphics. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B014X4U076/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3CB0V7WSZCWHY&coliid=I17K7MO5A3G6Y0&psc=1
strawpoll.me/11240809
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dawn is a shitty pokegirl. Prove me wrong.

if your card can handle it, 144hz. it could spoil your perception of 60fps gaming however.

Well for starters Dawn would be able to tell me which monitor to buy which makes he a better Pokegirl than you, user.

both

144hz is overkill and only marginally useful in competitive FPS and that's about it. 1440p however is an upgrade for every game you throw at regardless of genre or age and always will be. 60hz is "enough" for basically every game imaginable and the few that would benefit from 144hz are debatable.

1440p @ 60HZ by a mile.

How about a 1440p monitor at 144hz

If you play anything like racing games or fps, 144hz is better. I personally play a lot of rpgs, civ 5, and other shit that really doesnt need more than 60fps, so I went with 1440p and just upgraded from a 780ti to a gtx 1080. I gotta say, it is an amazing experience for games like Witcher 3 and Mankind Divided. Crisp images and high, ateady framerate. , but there's no way it would compare to the snappy response you want if you're playing Battlefield or TF2.

Yeah I have heard the stories of people who can't go back to "normal" fps levels since they switched, it does bother me but then I put up with 30fps on consoles even though I have a pc so maybe I'll be all right.

I went with the 1440p 60hz option in a 32inch BenQ monitor

Depending on your rig you might struggle to reach 60 fps on maximum settings and i'd rather be at that point than compensate on graphics quality to achieve 144 fps

2009 Cred Forums """"""""""""humor""""""""""""" was literally redddit

144hz is a million times more important than 1440p

1440p: slight visual upgrade

144hz: playing games is an entirely different experience

I've heard this image is a lie and didn't originally have the TF2 soldier in it.
Does anyone have proof?

Okay but what if I am not a member of the Saudi royal family?

Thank you for your input anons

Between your choices, I would do 1080 with 144hz. You will definitely notice the difference in any game. Problem is, without gsync/freesync, you might run into screen tearing in a lot of games if you can't match the framerate to the hz. If it was my call, I would save up for 1440p 100-144hz.

it depends, do you want en edge in online games or do you mostly play walking simulators/RPGs/ and such?
from personal experience I can tell you that 144hz is not enjoyable in graphically impressive games, I always have to limit the frame rate to 60, but for games like ARTS and shooters 144hz is an amazing experience, definitely will give you advantage.

>Problem is, without gsync/freesync, you might run into screen tearing in a lot of games if you can't match the framerate to the hz.

this is pretty much never an issue even without gsync

>implying there are shitty pokégirls

I use a 144Hz monitor and while going back to 60 from 144 feels weird, it's not unplayable or unusable like 30 in some cases, and its only really noticeable when you have sudden switches from one to the other

the image of the soldier touches the bottom of the text box which doesn't happen with 4chans formatting so the soldier was obviously added in later

that and no post number, image info, etc.

This, but also consider that going 2560x1440 also gives you a shitload more screen estate and is a huge boon in productivity tasks like shitposting

No you fag, it's the other way around.

The real goal is 4K60fps. It beats the shit out if every other option on the market. I can not emphasize to you enough his transformative the experience is. It is actually hard to go back to 1080p once you do it. 1440p is a bit more doable but it still pales in comparison. Of course the problem is there's no single card on the market that can max out every current game with that res and FPS. No not even the new Titan.

I run a 980ti and I find it's worth it to dial back some settings to very high, or even high sometimes, to get that 4k60fps. I usually have to dial back shadow quality first then maybe lightning. Depends on the game. It doesn't matter regardless. That 4K60fps is worth it. It's incredible.

>60 fps

Might aswell play console.

144hz for FPS games, always.

There are also 1440p 144hz monitors out there, though they're around 700-800 USD.

yes user, that was 7 years ago.

>144hz is not enjoyable on graphically immersive games

What makes you say that? Does 60fps just compliment good graphics better or what?

going back to 60 fps feels bad if you didn't change your refresh rate back to 60hz first. otherwise, 60 feels great, even after much experience with 144. I would recommend 120hz and above for competitive multiplayer games

I got mine on sale for half price, I couldn't believe it. I'm so glad that I could afford to upgrade when I did, best Christmas gift ever.

It's the same reason that film is at 24fps, when it starts to get higher, it actually causes the brain to get confused about what it's seeing. For some reason, you expect what you are looking at to be jumpy when it's something fantastical.

A smoother frame rate takes you out of this sense of immersion. It's really weird. Smooth frame rates look and play nice, but if you want to try to believe that you are a part of this fantasy world, having it be as smooth as possible isn't actually going to give you the best experience.

The funny thing is, a smooth frame rate and then some motion blur typically help as that's how our eyes work when we move. We see the clearest with the middle of our eyes and then everything else isn't nearly as detailed. It's also why a good Depth of Field can also help with immersion and it will probably be required if VR ever gets off the ground.

amazon.com/dp/B014X4U076/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3CB0V7WSZCWHY&coliid=I17K7MO5A3G6Y0&psc=1

I've lost count how many times I've beat it to Dawn.

>no artist name
Why live

144 with 1080
It looks so smooth and silky you'll love it.

60hz/1440P all day erry day

Anyone who says 1440p has not seen 120 FPS.
60 FPS looks slow as shit to me now.

What's a good and affordable 120 or 144hz monitor? Should I just wait for black friday?

i hate this stupid edit. it ruins the joke by having that stupid tf2 shit there

what?

having brain troubles?

The TF2 part IS the joke you fucking retard

the tf2 part is the meme trash some faggot put over the picture of larfleeze you nigger

you called it an edit when it's not

Depends on the games you play/enjoy most. 144hz is my answer and the answer in more cases than not though.

you know im not gonna fall for that right

How hard is it to achieve the framerates necessary for 144hz? What kind of card do you need for current AAA games, or is it even possible? I always hear 144hz in conjunction with low end shit like CSGO and TF2, but fuck that, it's not worth it if that's all you're going to play.

that's the original you fucking newfag

I have a i7 6700k with a evga gtx 960.

My next upgrade is a monitor. I'll update my gpu soon but I want a monitor now.

Which is ore feasible I'm case?144 hz or 1440 p?

*cringe*
nu-Cred Forums is fucking real

of course it is. totally original. thats why it always had larfleeze on it, hence the name, until eventually some faggot put that tf2 shit on it and not even that well mind you. look at it. picture is touching the bottom of the post. completely amateur

seriously fucking learn how to bait

what the fuck it's so obvious now
my life has been a thinly veiled lie

144hz, its very noticeable while scrolling through threads.

I dont ntoice too much difference between 1440p and 1080p, I notice a good difference and my aim seems better at 144hz in TF2 and overwatch so far so Id say go for 144hz. The smoothness is great too.

>no one has made this yet

strawpoll.me/11240809

1080p is already the point where more resolution starts having diminishing returns on quality. I'd go for 144hz.

What's your current monitor?

Answer this please.

Dell S2716DG I got for 500 new. Gsync also. Amazing monitor.

If you regularly play multiplayer games in a competitive manner that would benefit from 144 hz, then get that. If not, then 1440p.

nice edit

some faggot tripfag shitily edited his name and image in, hence the fucked up time and date and image

>tfw neo-Cred Forums is a thing of the past
>now is the age of nu-Cred Forums