The flagship... the flagship is the most bullshit boss I've ever seen. What the hell was I supposed to do?

The flagship... the flagship is the most bullshit boss I've ever seen. What the hell was I supposed to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/qidhfxv5mtf3wc2/continue.sav
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

have you considered being not shit?

what does your picture prove?

>normal

>5% win rate

26 victories over 511 games?

Should I activate the advanced edition features right away, or duck arround in the original first?

Enable the advanced shit asap, my man.
Also play on normal. Please.

Now that the dust has settled, I've prepared a mock simulation of the situation that led to my demise in the OP.
Backup your ae_prof.sav if you want waste your time trying to do what I failed to do.
put it in Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight/ then launch the game and continue

dropbox.com/s/qidhfxv5mtf3wc2/continue.sav

you aren't really set up for the fight that well in the pic. vulcan is really fucking cool but if you can' t get it going then it's honestly a waste of your time and you really want to get cloaking level 1 going.I'm willing to bet with those two things on you'd have a guaranteed win going.
does that ship come with the battery? why did you get the battery otherwise.

Battery is dope, praise the battery.
It wasn't my best run user, and the vulcan was free (so was the second defense drone before anything >two defense drones).
I made the mistake of putting scrap into getting 8 power for the vulcan instead of just using the flaks and having buffer points in drones or some shit.

>What the hell was I supposed to do?
Git gud?

don't get me wrong, I fucking love the vulcan, it's just not worth spending that much scrap on. you really needed to get cloaking 1 to have a quick dodge essentially. as it stands I guess it's winnable but you have so much charge time while you are able to get ass pounded. at least you didn't kill all the crew though.

I think, in the sector 6-7, I was hopping between shops hoping for cloaking or hacking. But before long, I had to move on to sector 8, so I just maxed shields and weapons hoping the vulcan would save me.
The first five sectors weren't the kindest. I know 3 flaks are god tier but they actually kinda suck dick against auto ships and other narrow layouts, so I spent a lot on repairs.

Cloaking is VERY helpful for this fight. Fuck, I'd argue it's better then having more shields.

fair enough, I usually assume if I don't have cloaking I'm not going to be able to make it through if I'm not armed to the teeth on this fight. it's just amazing how much it helps. that said this is the second phase right? I'd guess just aim at the weapon bays and shield bays and hope for the best. you shouldnt have killed all the weapon bay guys to be honest.

Actually, it's the third phase. The reason all the crew besides their pilot are dead? I chased after the Flagship after phase 2, because I knew if I got overwhelmed by the boarding crew, I could jump back to base, kill their crew, and repair my systems.
Unfortunately, as soon the the fight starts, two boarders come in and a level 3 mind controlled rock joins in for a 3v3. They ended up punching my shields to null making retreat necessary if I wanted any chance to win, which is why I have 9 hull left.

when someone is mind controlled that hard a nifty tip is to make another guy walk and out of the room to grab the attackers attention basically doubling the life of that room. I wont deny you basically got fucked but I'm just throwing the only advice I can think of out there

lol

>Full Flak
Mein neiger

looking a bit low on the scrap there bud

>That tripulation name

>ywn fuck a mantis

FTL is a kusoge but that comic at least gives some flavor to its stupid-ass selection of races

kill yourself please user. we don't need people with shit tastes that don't like ftl in this world.

the artist made quite an ass load of these and they're pretty good

Step up

What artist is this?

Rich Evans?

An artist named 'dirtytabs'
They have a tumblr which they haven't updated in forever
They only post on reddit and used to make Team Fortress 2 comics and now they're dabbling in Steven Universe

No, my name is Hannah

I like RLM though

>save up money
>enemies easy
>upgrade tons
>enemies suddenly 3x harder
dropped

>metal slug
top taste
what did he mean by this