Project Sonic 2017 Hype Thread

Trailer: youtu.be/gCh9--2xcKk

What are your hopes?

What are your worries?

Do you want it to be a Boost game?

What are you hoping the plot will be like? Lighthearted cartoon like Colors or Grand Adventure like Unleashed?

Which characters do you want to see return?

Thread theme: youtu.be/2T0uIXLpQbQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MaPUgknDdjg
youtu.be/Uipt68Tghl8
youtu.be/GJqZlkTHkDg
youtube.com/watch?v=0A-wfWN12kg
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa9W0cW4OYA
youtu.be/JtCtQpclpY8?t=386
youtu.be/iesl5u20ET8
youtu.be/gL9EtmAUwM4
strawpoll.me/11241234
info.sonicretro.org/Game_Development:Sonic_Unleashed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no gameplay on TGS
I mean, I expected it, but still. Are we seriously supposed to wait until next year for any footage?

Yeah, I want a name or something as well.

and a song

Colors, Unleashed and Generations are all solid games. Hopefully they change the the formula here... but not too much.

What's that user? You want a completely different game? I have just the thing!

>Hopefully they change the the formula here
They already did that with Lost World, and it was shit. They should just stick with the boost gameplay for 3D Sonic, since they pretty much nailed it perfectly in Generations.

>From the team that brought you
>Sonic Colors
>Sonic Generations

That's all they had to show me to get me hyped honestly

I'm hoping the game is set in an alternate timeline where Sonic never existed and Robotnik rules the planet.

>tfw they don't mention Unleashed despite it being a good game and the birth of Modern Sonic after the Adventure era

I'm mad.

I don't give a shit about this game until they show some gameplay.

Can't believe all we got was a fucking tease after years of waiting.

I just want another game like Sonic Adventure. Mystic Ruins was the shit.

>tfw we'll never get a game where half the levels are Boosting and the other half is Adventure gameplay

I'd say that Seaside Hill and City Escape and Sky Sanctuary had a good mix of Adventure-ish segments in Generations.

Does anybody even care about this game? I mean, they showed actual gameplay of Sonic Mania and it looks great, completely overshadowed sonic generations 2

I'm interested in it, although I have no idea why there's a thread to discuss what was about two seconds worth of trailer.

People will care more once they release a gameplay trailer.

>Hype
Don't.
Simply look forward to the game. You hype something here, things get nasty.

I'm sure they will once there's a name and gameplay put to it.

That's true, but the gameplay where sonic is a bit more mobile and the level design of adventure would be nice. It is outdated though, boosting is the better gameplay.

what did they mean by this

If its the same 2.5D old+new sonic shit, the game is going to be pure ass. I wish this trend would fucking die.

Sonic Unleashed is pretty unrefined, going back to it. It's really fun, but a lot of the stages were too based on memorization to get anywhere fast. Colors slowed things down (arguably too much) and gave fairer challenges for platforming and keeping up your speed. Generations then brought both the games' strengths together and also figured out how to do the 3D stage sections way more interestingly than either of the previous 2 had accomplished.

DELETE THIS

>Are we seriously supposed to wait until next year for any footage?
It's not being released until the end of next year. They're obviously waiting for Mania to be released and out of the way before they start showing more attention to Project 2017.

>tfw they don't mention Unleashed despite it being a good game
Unleashed is mediocre. Learn to accept it.

hopes: i want it to be longer.

worries: classic sonic. and i hope they don't use him more.

boost: yes. but if they find a different way to properly go fast then so be it.

shadow and blaze.

>shadow and blaze.
You ruined it.

That's no reason to never mention it.

It's arguably the one they put the most effort into to try and prove themselves after 06.

Is it better than Colors and Generations? Fuck no.

Maybe individual levels like Windmill Isle and Savanna Citadel. But the whole package isn't amazing.

But it was the step in the right direction and the spark in the ass the franchise needed.

The franchise would be dead without it. Even if the package itself was meh, it certainly gave me hope for the future. and then Colors came out and showed that the hope was well placed.

it's going to happen whether you like it or not.

and then they made lost world and boom

>That last part
Triggered. Fuck. This is as bad as "stroll up a 90 degree incline" in 06.

>Boom

licenced spin off, not a real sonic game.

>Lost World

just a filler game made to fulfill a contract that Sega accepted for money from Nintendo. could've been worse, it wasn't horrible.

Blaze and Shadow are cool.

Hopefully no Cream though.

They tried, but then pic related happened so now Unleashed is a meme-tier game.

Nice bit about that trailer is that Nintendo is still going with NX. Piece of crap or not that still is an infinitely better name than Wiiu.

Also fucking egg bots no shitty ancient evil.

I wonder if it means it's going to be at a similar power level of the PS4 or Xbone.

If it's a handheld, I'm expecting it to be weaker then the Wii U.

all the sonic characters are cool they just never reached there true potential because sonic writers are hacks

Needs to be boost
Needs to be as epic as unleashed was, sorry but the era of these stories for toddlers has to go now
Needs a vocal theme
Needs to be jam packed with content
Needs to have a real final boss, no more quick stepping and homing attack into eggman two times and he dies
Modern sonic needs to get rid of 2D completely if classic sonic is in it
Ohtani cant do the music alone, needs kobayashi, nanba, kumatani etc with him

The game will be at least 8/10 if these conditions are met

i don't and i hope it fails

It sucks that 06 turned so many people off to Sonic friends, including Sonic Team.

They work perfectly as pallet-swaps. Trying to give them their own completely different gameplay wasn't the smartest idea.

Why is Knuckles the only one showing his ass?

I want it to not suck dick.
I want it to have waifus
Throw shadow in with a nice Hawaiian shirt
Make rouge thick as fuck
Make Amy a tomboy but don't shit it up like Boom did
Also throw big the cat in there because fuck you that fishing is easy shit and you only need 3 minutes maximum.

Its just a pose , dont think so much into it

Bump

So who's got the voice for the next vocal track, assuming it's not Crush 40.

Think they'll get some outside talent like they did with Unleashed and Colors?

I nominate Mark Hoppus, they got that one dude from Bowling for Soup to do Endless Possibilities so it's not out of the question.

youtu.be/MaPUgknDdjg

His voice might work imo.

Jared is cool, thats the difference

rude

I just hope it doesn't have 2d sections; make it all 3d.

this was the biggest issue with colors and generations

>but that was the whole point of generations!

Yes, but it also had it in the fucking 3d levels for some god forsaken reason

didn't Unleashed have 2D sections?

That one probably had the best balence of 2D and 3D.

>This is as bad as "stroll up a 90 degree incline" in 06.
Don't you mean Sonic 4?

I thought the concept of Lost World was perfectly fine. I'm cool with dropping the boost and focusing more on platforming and trying to keep the movement through stages smooth through other means, like parkour or whatever.

Lost World just fucked up the controls and had some really bizarre level design, not to mention the boring aesthetics.

No you could do it in Sonic 06 too

Should I watch that stream? is it worth it?

>BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

Just watch this

youtu.be/Uipt68Tghl8

For the autism, yes. The crowd singing in the mic during the concert was the best part.

Unleashed was the only game that got the 2D/3D balance right. Everything after has been heavily sided towards 2D shit

I just want to play with Chao all day

>PC

God fucking dammit Why? Why does this always happen why do they always port SHIT games to my platform?

What are you taking about?

>that part during Sonic Heroes where the guy just yells gibberish into the mic

The trailer at the end has a little PC logo this game is going to be warm gemors i dont want it anywhere near me PC

Its going to play like unleashed/colors/generations. It will be fine, dont be autistic user

sy gaan wees kak jy bietjie cunt aanvaar net dit sonic is verby en so is jou kinderdae

Is this autism or another language?

fok jy jou fokken fok Hou jy van die rou kak teef jy weet my leuse as dit nie die geval te pas net dwing dit

>It sucks that 06 turned so many people off to Sonic friends, including Sonic Team.
Can you blame them?

>What are your hopes?
sonics shitty friends returning but with better gameplay.
open levels with exploration and different missions to do instead of just "get to the end on these roads connected by cutscenes".
slope physics instead of boost.
i'm not really expecting any of these. we might get tails, knuckles and possibly amy but that's it
>What are your worries?
that half of the game is shitty 2d sections that after mania coming out will only show how poorly sonic team understands 2d sonic
>Do you want it to be a Boost game?
it's not the worst thing that could happen but not really
>What are you hoping the plot will be like? Lighthearted cartoon like Colors or Grand Adventure like Unleashed?
unleashed. spongebob sonic sucks and people only claim to like it because it's a guarantee it won't be an ow the edge or 06 tier cringefest
>Which characters do you want to see return?
sonic
tails
knuckles
amy
shadow
rouge
blaze
metal sonic
eggman/robotnik

I seriously dont think spongebob sonic is going away. People who dont play sonic unironically think thats the best direction for sonic stories. It hurts.

It's the same as the friends. If it were someone who could be trusted to do it well I'd be all for it, but Sonic Team has had more than enough opportunities to show they just fucking suck at it and should stay away until they can hire people who know what they're doing.

Ok smartass who the fuck should voice sonic from now on since you are soooo smart puck someone anyone who could voice sonic

This isnt about the voices, although jason griffith was a much better sonic

Ya too bad he is dead i yhink watkins tudor jones could voice him well imagine sonic with rolled r and a cool accent

Jason Griffith was amazing in Unleashed.

Best sonic voice ever, Craig Smith isn't bad tho.

Nice Sketch.

Don't those glasses hurt Eggman?

The edges must be cutting him.

Hes ok but he always sounds to relaxed. Maybe its just the scripts hes had. He feels natural in the boom cartoon but in the games its just...eh. I wonder what hed sound like if he redid unleasheds script

WHOO FEELIN GOOD

>liking Jason

You have shit taste. He has no emotion in any of his lines and his only way of emoting is to raise hit pitch either up or down, which makes Sonic sound like a fucking joke. Smith has attitude in his voice.

Oh god...thatd be interesting to see for sure. No ones ever beating unleashed jason to me. What amazing voice director they had. Heartfelt, jokey, heroic, sassy, angry. He conveyed it all in that game. How sad they got replaced as they were just hitting their peak

I'm exclusively talking about Unleashed Griffith. He's honestly great in that game.

I agree with what you say in most of his other outings though.

Craig does a great job at being consistant. Griffith was hit or miss, but his best hit was fucking great in my opinion.

youtu.be/GJqZlkTHkDg

He peaked right there.

youtube.com/watch?v=0A-wfWN12kg

I just realized how good eggman sounds in this too. No joke if i saw this scene at a movie theater id shit my fucking pants. The sonic movie better be at least half as cool as this

>Sonic Team
trash.png

I can't expect much considering it's gonna be live action. Eggman's probably gonna be played by a real human being, and there's probably gonna be a human sidekick character there to ruin everything.

I've always thought that they should focus on making sonic movies and not games. The quality of the sonic CG is top tier. Even in shadow the hedgehog it looked pretty good and that was way before unleashed

it might not look great all around but they know how to animate their hedhehogs pretty damn well
youtube.com/watch?v=Sa9W0cW4OYA

Its a mix of live and animaton. Marza is doing the animation i think

Right, like I said. There's probably gonna be a human sidekick character there to ruin everything.

Plus it's American-made, so it'll just be American Sonic, who's little more than cocky dumbass full of "attitude".

Probably...im most interested in seeing how the live + animation thing is going to work out. Maybe st will have some influence and final decisions over it. Im still going to see it because it could go literally anywhere but its probably going to suck

The last time live + animation worked out was Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Every single other attempt since then was pure shit.

I hope it can be modded like Generations so I can play my autistic game with my favourite autistic characters.
I'm not even joking.
[spoilers]brb gonna play as Roxas in augmented speed[/spoilers]

What can i say, gotta be there and support my boy sonic

>Hopes
It's all a bait and switch and we're actually getting Sonic Adventure 3

>Worries
It's actually a sequel to Sonic Generations

>Boost game
wtf is that?

>Plot
It's a fucking baby cartoon game. The plot should be minimal and simple like Mario games, defeat Dr Egghead and rescue the animals. Sonic doesn't need to have a plot

>What characters
Just the main 3.

The only 3d sonic i liked was Adventure Adventure 2

They need to do that again, just as edgy and tryhard as they did before. Updated chao garden. Would buy in a heartbeat.

I think Jason was at his best in Black Knight.

>mfw using Silver and Shadow in generations

Well fuck me, I still fuck up half of my spoilers after all these years

Kanemaru's still the best.

I feel kind of bad for people who don't speak Japanese.

Just wake me up in 2017.

>sonic movies
youtu.be/JtCtQpclpY8?t=386

Theres the resident weeaboo shitter, cant discuss sonics voice without those

The Unleashed intro is actually fucking amazing. Considering the top notch CG I'm amazed they decided to go live action for the movie.

Jealous?

Besides, I'm not even a native English speaker, so it's the same to me either way.

Theyre never going to top this games values and presentation are they

I honestly adore all the CG stuff they do.

Except Heroes.

That was some fucking awful CG.

But look at this: youtu.be/iesl5u20ET8

ignore that terrible Eggman and the ghost girl from Night of the Werehog and look at how nicely they animate Sonic.

>that doug
what was he thinking?

here's some more:

youtu.be/gL9EtmAUwM4

Ive seen this dozens of times, believe me

Now that the dust has settled, what is a fair and honest rating for this game

strawpoll.me/11241234

You can Sega really wanted to make the Werehog into a regular thing.

If they just used Knuckles people would of liked it.

Nah, then people would just pass the buck and blame the whole shitty friends thing for bringing the game down

No matter what they do, someone will always complain. People doing like the padding but they want the boost stages but they dont want a 2-3 hour game either. There has to be a compromise somewhere

Mini Me!
You complete me!

>dont like the padding

i meant

in my opinion, having the padding is much worse then having a shorter game.

There's a reason Generations is a more enjoyable playthrough then Unleashed.

Replaying the Unleashed story is a chore. Leveling up and metal collecting is just tiresome.

I'm honestly fine with the short lengths, just give me replay value.

Id explain why i prefer unleasheds method, but it seems that defending unleashed in any capacity, the act itself, triggers someone too, so i wont bother

I honestly wouldn't mind dropping the boost and slowing Sonic down a bit. It's just a shame Lost World was so poorly designed.

Go ahead, I actually enjoy Unleashed.

The walking around hub worlds and talking to people was comfy.

Yeah but that's just your opinion.

In the end, being too short is considered a sin when it comes to video games, unless it's an indie game. You lose a lot of points if your hours aren't in the double digits. That's why Sonic games have always had padding ever since Sonic Adventure.

I think ultimately they backed themselves into a corner. A common complaint against lost world is that its way to slow. Its not even a sonic game if theres no speed. Even the "fast" moments, the auto running on the tube worlds are slow as fuck. Unleashed created a new sense of speed, colors again dropped it, and avid players of unleashed and generations notice that generations is actually slower. The most fun and rewarding parts of any sonic game is the speed sections, remove those and theres a lot of complaints right there. I doubt were ever seeing unleashed speeds again but generations or colors when boosting even needs to be at least the standard for modern sonic. They meant well with lost world i can tell but the focus just wasnt in the right place. Right off the bat it shouldve been a walk button instead of a run button. That way sonic moves fast by default and if you get to small islands where you need precise jumps, you then hold the trigger for a little to get walking speeds

Like i said, i dont want to go down that path. People get really uppity and throw labels if you defend unleashed now, im not feeling that tonight family

Well maybe making the Games short but adding a lot of bonus content and challenge modes might help?

I dunno, it's honesty quite the conundrum with the blue dude. People on both sides have totally valid points.

I truly think Lost World was just a filler game while working on Project 2017.

I think they used the Wii U's piss poor install base to experiment with a new style.

That's what they did for Generations, but the thing is, it's not as if challenge modes in a Sonic game are gonna add many hours. Sonic Generations is, at the absolute most, 5 hours long if you're shit at it.

Well, I suppose what they could always do is just fill the game with a shitload of cutscenes. Sonic cutscenes are always beautiful ever since Shadow, so it wouldn't exactly be unwelcome. Though I don't really know about a Sonic game where the total cutscenes are longer than the actual gameplay.

Lost World was a legitimate attempt on Sonic Team's part to replace Boost, since Sonic Unleashed and Generations were way too expensive to make. I mean, like, just look at Spagonia alone. Look at Rooftop Run. Look at how huge and beautiful it is. Just imagine how much time, money and effort went into building that stage.

And then realize that it takes all of five minutes to beat it. I can understand not wanting to use that method anymore.

>despite it being a good game
Well you're already wrong, so you being mad shouldn't be far off.

Certainly possible, i could see that, the wii us shit sales not worth making a full scale project so they decided to experiment a bit to maybe find a new cheaper way to make levels.

I think youre getting confused here. Those opening scenes like in 06 and unleashed are cgi cutscenes, a few minutes of those costs millions to put together if it wants to be impressive. Besides a few special scenes (like the gaia temples coming together or dark gaia ripping its energy out of the werehog), they make cheaper cutscenes in the actual game engine. Thatd also be a sin since, even if memers would like to lead you astray with the boost style, sonic games are always focused heavily on gameplay.

This also. HD game development is already expensive as fuck and creating the scenery, lighting, and actual pathways for sonic to run on for miles is a massive task. In this respect, i dont think sonic team gets nearly enough credit. I dont think they minded so much for unleashed because they smartly reuse assets. They just change the lighting settings and then create a regular 3D platforming stage for the werehog and they must feel like they get their use out of the level pretty well after that. If modded with sonic, most werehog levels would take under a minute to beat. Its not that theyre long, its just that the character moves slower and has things to fight, climb, and jump on. In the same respect, the challenge acts for generations are another form of this

this game and its announcement confuse me.

why has it taken so long?

why was so little shown?

why announce a game so damn early (more than a year in advanced)?

how can they even afford to take this long?

Who is this game for and does anyone even care any more? Mania looks like what any normal person wants so the idea that they're spending millions more on something like this is. . .strange to say the least?

Reminder that there has never been a good 3d Sonic[excluding Sonic R (OST)].
Nothing was particularly good about the Adventure games, the clunky gameplay, largely linear level designs, atrocious story, mediocre ST, and forcing Sonic's friends made for an unenjoyabe experience.
The only redeeming quality was the production values which does not make them good.

People really loved Generations and want to see the Boost come back.

Several reasons

-japanese development is inefficient, a new console generation is always hard to make the jump across; xbox one and ps4
-they want to focus on mania first since its closer to release
-they want to reassure fans that there is a big AA/AAA 3D project in the works instead of a retro fangame only
-people like boost
-japanese traditions/business culture; they would never shut down sonic team over westerners, they may be restaffed here and there, but there will always be a sonic team until sega goes down
-youre being purposely retarded if you dont think that modern sonic has been around longer and thus has a very large fanbase of its own

Just wait until mania is out. Next e3 there will be tons of footage and info on sonic 2017

Watching that cutscene made me realize.

That was a worldwide disaster, Sonic travels all around the world to fix it, and he somehow doesn't encounter more than 2 of his shitty friends?

Doesn't jive, from a story perspective. And comes across as a wasted opportunity. There's actual reason to have amillion characters in the game, rather than Heroes' more contrived premise.

And with the boost gameplay, you could add at least a dozen different character specific tweaks to it.

They wanted to focus on Sonic, and it doesn't make sense for anyone other than Sonic, Shadow and Metal Sonic to break the sound barrier.

Because this was the era were hating the friends was the trend. Scrapping a big cast was one of the few positives people gave it back at its release. Shadow and knuckles were originally going to be in it at some point but that was probably deleted early on as the friends complaints got louder and louder

>People get really uppity and throw labels if you defend unleashed now
How new are you? This is Cred Forums. People get uppity and throw labels regardless of what you're defending. Enjoy your stay.

Generations did not sell nearly enough to give a studio the luxury of 5 years to make a new installment.

True but there is bias for defending 3D sonic games, especially unleashed as of late. Its just not a road i dont want to go down. Perhaps if a huge unleashed fan wants to step in and give out explanations that works, but im not in the mood right now for that

Tails, Knuckles, and the Chaotix were running just as fast as him from day 1. Amy and Cream in the Advance series. Was Sonic any faster than anyone in SA1/2/Rivals 1/Rivals 2? Jet's just as fast on his extreme gear.

Go outside of a Sonic thread and see how many people trash Sonic altogether. 3Dfags and Unleashedfags aren't some special martyrs.

Well, that's for gameplay reasons. In terms of "lore", Sonic has always been the fastest.

Yeah, but if we're talking about lore, then there isn't any reason that characters "technically" incapable of breaking the sound barrier can't help out.

I get the feeling most people get their sonic opinions from mass media or popular opinion. Theyll do the common routine of defending 2d games and shitting on 3d ones, but id say a good chance that they arent even that good at the 2d ones they defend/get frustrated at how slow they are at them and have never played a 3d game outside of adventure 2 or heroes

Because they wanted to focus on Sonic.

This is what always gets me about ST's rationale with Unleashed.

>It was also decided early on that Sonic the Hedgehog would be the only playable character in the game, so they could focus on the game mechanics for the hedgehog and not worry about numerous other characters and how they would control.
>This desire to illuminate what made the character of Sonic so appealing inspired the team to come up with the concept of the Werehog gameplay. Trying to think of a way to bring in players who had never touched a Sonic the Hedgehog game and let them experience the world of Sonic, it was decided this alternate playstyle would be implemented.

Source: info.sonicretro.org/Game_Development:Sonic_Unleashed

They're talking out their ass.

They just wanted to make a Sonic game starring only Sonic, but needed some way to pad the game out because otherwise it would only be two hours long.

I always thought that was a cover up pr response. The real reason was probably that sega demanded the game be a reasonable length and feel like a complete adventure. Love it or hate it, its hard to deny that it didnt nail that. Its also amazing how close they were to making the werehog look retarded instead of badass. Imagine playing as this guy instead...

>Sonic would be the only playable character so they could focus on the game mechanics
>the Werehog gameplay was implemented to bring in players who had never touched a Sonic game

What other devs are this dysfunctional?

First thing i thought of to

I hope it's at least as good as Generations wich was literally a perfect Sonic game.

Sonic 2 was one of the worst sonic games for two reasons:
- speedbump traps, you start going fast - hit spikes/enemy that's been placed SPECIFICALLY to fuck with you and lose all your rings.
- Casino Night zone, seriously fuck that shit, worst zone in ALL of the sonic games.

>- Casino Night zone, seriously fuck that shit, worst zone in ALL of the sonic games.

>I hope it's at least as good as Generations wich was literally a perfect Sonic game.

oh come on. Gens was a 8/10 at BEST. The final boss was absolutely fucking wretched. Actually so were most the bosses.

Worst Zone is Sky Chase. Easily the most boring stage in the entire franchise.

What about Wizzard Zone?

I'll give you the bosses, but the rest of the game was pretty dope.

not really, its like colors, where over the years the flaws get more evident

>modern chemical plant
>modern city escape
>modern speedhighway is just disappointing
>modern crisis city
>classic crisis city
>classic rooftoprun
>planet wisp for both

I think every modern level is also to short. Each one needed another minute at the least. modern city escape is the most automated level in any of the boost games. Planet wisp > inferior egg draoon > time eater is also a shitty way to round off the game. 8/10 is very fair

And as for bosses, the machine Eggman used in Emerald Hill was also probably the worst boss in the entire series. Seriously lame.

Modern Chemical Plant was cool. I was shocked when I realized you could actually go on the other roads next to you at the beginning.

Modern Speed Highway has a surprisingly large amount of secrets for a modern stage, so it was fun finding methods to beat the stage even faster.

As for City Escape, there isn't much you can do about that. The original City Escape was also extremely straightforward and automated. There's little you can do to improve that without altering key setpieces of the stage layout, and if you did that, then there'd really be no point in using it at all.

You can kind of blame the fans for picking it as their favorite stage in SA2. Then again, it's also Sonic Team's fault for using a poll to decide which stages to use.

Modern cp just has to much 2D for my liking and i didnt like how it looked nor the remix, classic was fine. Modern sh just feels off...yeah theres some cool shortcuts but its just to short to feel satisfying and the case of rotating squares for its 2D sections are strong in this one. Also didnt use the at dawn part, if it continued for another minute using at dawn it wouldve been way better to me

Bum[

>What are your hopes?
It's either as great as Generations, or as abysmal as 2006 or SA2.

>What are your worries?
That it'll be mediocre.

What's the consensus on classic sonic gameplay in generations?

Not faithful to the originals but a good sidescroller despite that

Its just generations 2
how boring

>oh come on. Gens was a 8/10 at BEST.
And yet, it was still the best Sonic game.

If it were up to me, and if time, money and resources miraculously weren't an issue, I'd have used the following for Generations:

Stages:
>Sonic 1: Green Hill
>Sonic 1: Star Light
>Sonic 2: Chemical Plant
>Sonic 2: Aquatic Ruin
>Sonic 3: Ice Cap
>S&K: Sky Sanctuary
>Bosses: Big Arm (piloted by an Egg Robo), Metal Sonic, Death Egg Robot (piloted by Classic Eggman)

>Adventure: Windy Valley
>Adventure: Speed Highway
>Adventure 2: City Escape
>Adventure 2: Final Rush
>Heroes: Seaside Hill
>Heroes: Mystic Mansion
>Bosses: Biolizard, Shadow, Perfect Chaos

>Sonic06: Kingdom Valley
>Sonic06: Crisis City
>Unleashed: Rooftop Run
>Unleashed: Dragon Road
>Colors: Planet Wisp
>Colors: Asteroid Coaster
>Bosses: Egg Wyvern (piloted by Orbot and Cubot), Silver, Egg Dragoon (piloted by Eggman)

18 stages, 36 acts, 9 bosses, wholly unreasonable.

Thats all theyll do now until they shut the doors

Just generations rehashes, or things heavily relying on nostaglia for those epic retro points

I bet if they didnt waste their time with colors this couldve actually had a higher chance at being feasible. They shouldve just never split off sonic team and go straight from unleashed > generations