Xbox one

>Next Gen Console
>Controller Dosnt come with its own battery
>still uses AA batteries

what is this 2007?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Playstation-2000mAH-Replacement-Battery-Controller-4/dp/B00JFQ045Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PJGpsL_XYQI
amazon.ca/DatConShop-2000mAh-Rechargeable-Playstation-Controller/dp/B017DKIJ7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1474101472&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4 battery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not getting rechargeable batteries.

this is actually better, but I'll let you figure out why on your own.

>First-party batteries

I see you're sucking corporate dicks as usual, senpai.

>actually defending the fact that Microsoft jew you out of having to buy recharge packs instead of giving it for free when you buy a full priced controller

>2016
>using anything with non-removable batteries
>not having at least a single pair of rechargeable AA batteries
>having to constantly plug in a controller to charge
>having battery life anything less than 30 days on a single charge

haha, seriously, rechargeable AA batteries are like $5 for half a dozen + a charger.

my controller lasts on a single charge well over half a month of regular playing. compare that to any other garbage controller with non-removable battery lasting just under a SINGLE FUCKING DAY (ie: my dual shock 4, wiiu gamepad, etc)

i will never ever use a device as my main device if it doesnt have a removable battery.

I MEAN COME ON

>complaining about having to buy batteries for a cheap $80 controller

And you have to use a screwdriver to get to the SD card in the new 3ds.

>PS3/PS4
>comes with shortass cable to charge your controller
>fucked if you want to play and charge at the same time unless you have another, longer cable

"As long as it is not Sony, then it is okay"

The slogan of /r/pcmasterrace. Whoops. I mean Cred Forums. Can't really tell the difference anyways.

The cable for the DS3 sucks ass
My cables break way too much

If my gamepad battery dies, I'm gonna cry, it doesn't work without one.

Ive seen 6 foot ps3 mini usb cable for a dollar on amazon. first world problem much.

you can still use a usb cable and charge it regularly

>micro usb

>Xbox One controller
>Last virtually forever because of changeable batteries

>Playstation 4 controller
>When the internal battery craps out on you, you'll have to buy a new controller

>$23 for 1 proprietary battery and charging cable
>$19 for pack of 4 AA Eneloops and charger which are can be used for many different things not just my controller

I know which one I like better.

>controller doesn't even have a wired edition to avoid this bullshit
this is why the wired 360 pad is still the best controller despite the crappy dpad

>XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER
>OVER $100
>STILL AA batteries

How can people defend microsoft? Would it hurt to just give you rechargeable packs instead if I'm spending money on a luxury controller?

i just use my phone charger cable and have an outlet next to my couch

>he thinks consolecuckies have ever been relevant in Cred Forums
Back to Neofag.

>controller doesn't even have a wired edition to avoid this bullshit

What? Just fucking plug in a micro USB cable.

>Goes to sell PS3 at game store
>Forgot USB cable
>Have to wait 15 minutes for clerk to find one.
>The only one they have is in a new box
>Tries to charge me $15 for it.

>Playstation 4 controller
>When the internal battery craps out on you, you'll have to buy a new controller

They break long before that happens.

Just get a micro usb charger for like 3 dollars. As long as an xbone controller is plugged in, it won't use battery. You can even take the batteries out and it will still work.

fuck that shit
thats some tiny ass cable

i got those energizer ones

They give you a micro USB cord with the Elite. You don't need batteries if you have that.

>Xbawks controller in two years
Man i need to buy a new set of rechargable AAs, their charge is getting preddy small
>PS4 controller in two years
Man i need to buy a new controller, its charge is getting preddy small.

Every product where you can't change the batteries should be an automatic no buy for every sane person.
It's like not being able to change the fucking brakes on your car.

>buying wireless controllers

Just get a wired controller, then you don't have to worry about shit like batteries.

If you can, try to get one of the colored ones. The regular black ones seem to wear down quickly.

>despite the crappy dpad

You can buy plenty of third party wired 360 controllers that have good dpads. Those are truly the best controllers.

But how will I enjoy my games from the couch?

>It's 2016
>Someone actually *WANTS* electronic devices that have non-replaceable batteries that wear out and render it useless.

Hey, OP, did your parents drop you on your head when you were a baby? Because you are obviously brain damaged.

You do if you want those shitty batteries they gave you not to work after a while.

It's just fucking scummy as shit for them not to just give you a rechargeable pack considering the price of the controller itself

amazon.com/Playstation-2000mAH-Replacement-Battery-Controller-4/dp/B00JFQ045Q

Xbone only has usb ports on the back for some fucktarded reason and the new slim model only has one on the front

Heh, guess that's why they call it "the one" because you get only one usb port in the front

Is your couch 20 feet away from your TV or what? These things literally have 10 to 15 foot cords. Also, you can buy USB extender cables if you truly need that, but it's unlikely. I've never had a problem using wired controllers from the couch, especially not the 360 controllers because those cords are long as fuck.

>6 foot
>far enough

The whole battery thing is a first world problem too. I'm just saying built-in rechargeable is shitty in some aspects too.

Try 2001

Guess I won't be buying an Xbone controller, then.

Wait, if the Wii u gamepad battery dies it wont work? Not even while plugged in?

Just use the batteries for something else that needs them. The controller still works if you have it plugged in, batteries or not. That's why I like using it for my PC, don't have to worry about ruining a rechargeable battery pack by leaving it plugged in.

>tfw extremely long micro USB charger + USB extender cable
>super comfy gaming from halfway across the room

It has 3 USB ports, just like the 360 did.

Hey poster, did your parents drop you on the head when you were a baby? You are so fucking retarded you might have brain damage.

Look at this image right here. Do you know what this is? This is called a Charge and Play kit. A very real product that is (sorry if this is too much for you to comprehend) a BATTERY PACK that CHARGES ITSELF when you plug in the USB cable to it, and IS REMOVABLE so you can replace it if it ever breaks and get another one for some $10~$15.

Oh no, did I hurt your feelings by proving you wrong? Oh I'm so sorry kid.

>Requires you to take apart a PS4 controller that wasn't meant to be disassembled.
>Shitty Chinese battery that will probably explode and burn your house to the ground.
>Won't be available in a couple of years anyway.

next-level rekt

And what are you going to do when they stop making those? They don't manufacture them forever, you know. AAs for lyfe, bitches.

PROTIP: If you want to stop embarrassing yourself, try not posting.

Says that changable batteries is a gud thing and op is a faggot
Posts changable xbawks batteries and than talks shit about poster above
Somehow thinks this was a rekt

Cred Forums please step down on the autism.

So paying over a 100 for a short wired controller is acceptable?

son i cant even remember the last time i used a AA battery

only batteries ive replaced in the past two years are the AAAs on my TI calculator

>Nobody has mentioned those nails yet
>Or the reflection

Actually, OP was trying to say that forcing you to use AA batteries was really bad.

Poster B implied AA batteries are good

Poster C told him how much of a retard he is by providing an alternate that satisfies OP while pointing out how stupid Poster B's 1998 mindset is.

I think that changable batteries is a good thing, but paying 100 bucks for a controller is pure autism.

>doesn't want easily replaceable batteries

kys

So you want propietary battery packs that cost $30+ and have to compleatly open your controller to replace them? And not only that, that shitty sony battery sucks ass too.

>build in battery like PS4
>battery dies
>time for new controller
you're an idiot :)

Reading comprehension, lad. It's included with the elite if that's what you want, ALTERNATIVELY you can buy those same USB cords for like $5. Or even just use the stock PS4 micro USB for an xbone controller on your PC if you're an idort.

the same way we did 30 years ago

When they stop manufacturing those I won't care because I have 4 packs. If I somehow go through 4 packs and the Xbox 360 is somehow still an appealing device to play like 20+ years later, since I won't be using an ancient device every day, and these packs will last me ages, then I will either
>Plug it in
>Assuming 20+ years later AA batteries haven't become 100.0% obsolete and still exist, I will get a pair because I'm well past the point where I use my Xbox every day, or even every month
>Take out my backup wired controller I found at a flea market for $10

PROTIP: If you want to stop embarassing yourself, try not posting.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

use double a's

if your ds4's battery dies in 10 years, you will be fucked

lol rekt again. Stop trying.

on topic though, pic related

>AA becoming obsolete
Yeah i heard that argument back in 1991 for the first time....

This. Plus, rechargable batteries have better current, thus, better power. Also, they store more juice, and you can always get more. And you can use them for everything else.

Most poor fucks on these threads don't have a rechargable battery pack, but it's because Cred Forums is 80% Venezuelans (or however the fuck you spell that butt-fuck nowhere country).

Nice post. Try attacking the main idea, not a tiny insignificant, irrelevant detail.

Im so dtunnk

They're the ones that made it as if it's a luxury controller, you'd assume they'd give the rechargeable pack with it at the very least.

They cost 15 and instead of having to buy more they should just give it for free for every new pad. Then again they're jews.

Who the fuck said built in? I'm saying give the removable rechargeable ones instead of being scummy.

Next thing you know they start shipping consoles with no power brick and ask you to pay more for it.
>i have to spend more money on a already LUXURY 100+ controller to use it efficiently

Why would you get rechargeable AAs that you can lose, and at very least have to take out to charge, when you can actually get a rechargeable battery for the controller that you never need to remove, and only need to plug in to charge?

Did you purposefully make a retarded response? Or do you have poor reading comprehension?

having choice is a premium feature

no choice is for applefags

>I have 4 packs

You do know that Li-ion batteries wear out even if you don't use them? Have fun with your 4 dead packs.

This is just getting more and more embarrassing for you. But, go ahead, keep trying; I'm having fun.

>They store more juice
[citation needed]

I don't even get what you are saying.
Is it AAs suck because you can have a nice replacable battery pack instead?
Ok fine... but you can have your nice battery pack because this thing also takes AA so your whole point is nonsense.
And if you think it's an irrelevant detail... don't fucking post it faggot, if you spew shit you will get attacked on it no matter what, this is Cred Forums.

True for 100 bucks they should have givin you 2 batteries and an rechargable pack... but still 100 bucks for a controller is still pure autism even if they give you that.

>using a console
what are you, retarded?

Go look up rechargable batteries, dipshit. Citation is an education, something you clearly dont have.

>wanting to have a choice of which way you get cucked

YOU DIDNT EVEN READ MY POST YOU FUCKING RETARD OH MY FUCKING GOD SO LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOUR ADD CHILD BRAIN

XBONE CONTROLLER = AA BATTERIES
NO BATTERIES = NO WORK
!!!HOWEVER!!!
XBONE CONTROLLER + ANY MICRO USB CORD EVER MADE = WORKS WITHOUT BATTERIES

YOU DONT NEED AN ELITE YOU DUMB CUNT, IT DOES, HOWEVER, ALSO COME WITH A MICRO USB DRIVE IF YOU WANT THAT CONTROLLER

Storage-based degradation, at average room temperature, does not occur even remotely at the same rate as a device in use. They will last a long, long time. Not him, just saying you don't know what you're talking about. I actually studied this. Please don't post misinformation. Please. I'm tired of stupid people posting false information like this about technology.

>6 ft
>long cable
try again

Thanks for the heads up, kid. I'll be sure to switch to inconvenient AA's 15 years later, when my packs degrade and I have to use my xbox once every 2 years for some classic vidya games.

For now I'll enjoy more battery life, more convenience, and an overall better experience than you

:)

lmao. It continues. How long are you going to keep trying? I mean it's funny but you keep doing the same thing over and over now.

You don't have any sort of remotes? TV? Cable box? Surround sound?

>PS4 Controller runs out of battery
>Plug it into my PC or PS4
>Starts charging

Why would you post an image directed at yourself?

>MFW PS3 controller I've had since PS3 Fat release still working fine and holds a fine charge for hours and hours

Nice conspiracy theories, Xbots.

Let me tell you this.

The Elite pad is the only good Xbone pad.

I don't want it wired all the time and it's not intended and advertised to be a wired pad.

When i spend 100+ i expect atleast a free rechargeable pack.

You are justifying Microsoft fucking people over by
>just use it as a wired controller man

NX will be out by that time. Hold out, brother. And keep splashing and smashing your way up those leaderboards.

what are you questionng user, ivideo games has gone through the crapifcacation process that any other decent product out there has

>Spending 100+ on a gamepad
That's the point where you fuck yourself over and the whole market because it's those sales that makes them believe that stupid cunts pay 100 bucks for a controller that should be 50 max.

>vanilla xbone is bad

Wipe this meme from the face of the earth.

>not just using a cord
FUCKING WIRELESS FUCKING SHITS FUCK OFF HOLY SHIT

DS4 It's meant to be dissembled hence why it has custom third part covers and you don't need to have a degree in engineering to attach a female connector to a male 2 pin. Also every current gaming hardware you probably own has a component that are made in China, when there is high demand for that particular hardware, you can't avoid China because the have the factories.

You are mising out user.

I actively llok for stuffs that use AAs because of Eneloop. Shit is stuff that make "Made in Japan" mean something again.

Yeah, why can't it use AAA batteries?

Have you already dis- and reasambled a ps4 controller.
By experience i can say that sony stuff is horrible to repair. Many parts are made to brake or are arranged in a way that they are very easy to fuck up in the process.
Have no experience with the ps4 controller so i'm genuinly interested.

They do the same shit with the normal xbone pads and have been doing the same shit last gen.

Me buying the only good Xbone pad won't change that sadly but even then, would have thought the Elite controller at the very least they'd give it.

It's literally worse than the 360 pads

Just use a fucking USB cable

>It's literally worse than the 360 pads
are you literally fucking retarded? It's better in every fucking way

Literally how?
>better triggers
>better sticks
>better D-pad
>doesn't have a shitty gimmick that eats up battery life like DS4 or Wii U gamepad
>new models have textured grips

"rechargable' batteries are flawed and once they're dead they're dead and you gotta replace them.

Xbox controllers always had AA batteries as a default for wireless, but later on you get a battery pack that you can get on top of it, Wireless Dualshocks always died only a few months after use.

Just wait for the god damn battery pack, also old school AA batteries last longer then the lipo shit they put in the battery packs, I can get a weeks+ worth of battery life from shelf bought AAs but after a month of gaming with a battery pak/dual shock im sitting wired to a recharger, which defeats the point of being wireless all together.

I mean, don't get me wrong I would love a rechargable controller that doesn't suck ass, but until they fix the glaring charge capacity degredation of our current generation of batteries it ain't gonna beat the good old AA

Let's be honest here... the xbox (playstation too, but thats not the point right now) controllers themselves are overpriced because they can ask for it. The Xbox elite controller should be 20 bucks more than a normal one and it still would be expensive.

But I think it went down like this "The Xbox one pro controller is finished, the suggested price is 20 bucks more than the original one - hey i have an idea, lets call it elite and ask for double the money, stupid kids will love this."

That they didn't include the battery pack makes it even worse.

And that is where customer responsebility comes in. You don't buy that shit, if you do you show them that they can actually ask for the price and idiots will buy it.
Than they will laugh and make the next product even shitier call it Elite420 and ask 200 bucks.
Still worth only 50.

>Next Gen Console

lmaooo good one

Vibrators will never go out of style.

Lithium is pure fucking garbage

I'm going to relay a story I have and it's personal experience:

I had just gotten a ps3 controller, brand new, factory. Plugged it in, charged it full, unplugged it started playing games. In 30 minutes it was dead. I went online and found that it had a faulty battery. Called Sony and they offered to replace it for a shipping fee, like five or so dollars. I said sure, no problem. So, it took a week, and then my new controller came. By that time, though, I had gotten a new controller anyway. In their defense the new controller did work. Flash forward to about 2012, I got the Halo 4 Xbox 360, the limited edition with controllers, and with it some of those play and charge kits. Well after about six months one of those failed, right in the middle of playing split-screen halo 3 with my brother. Instead of having to call Microsoft, I just broke out the battery pack that came with it and pop in two double As. We were back to playing after about 5 minutes (Couldn't find them for the life of me. They were in my sock drawer of all places.) But one I did find them I was set. I never did call up MS because a 50 dollar controller didn't break, just a shitty battery. Also, double As last longer.

>not buying a wireless controller for PC platformers, and just as an option when you want to rest your hands and still games

LMAOOO GOOD ONE

>weak flimsy material that doesn't survive after a couple months
>buttons easily get mushy
>loose shoulder buttons
>cheaper plastic thumbstick material that wear out much more easily than the 360 made ones

Shit is garbage

>Lithium is pure fucking garbage

Fuck you, Lithium is great
youtube.com/watch?v=PJGpsL_XYQI

None of that has happened to mine, and I've used it far more than my DS4 :)

Yes I has disassembled my DS3 and DS4 because I wanted to replace the analogue stick with a custom one because I don't want the default ones because of rubber surface that degrades easily. I only learned to do it from a few YT video and just reading form the ifixit site (I actually started with the X360 because I wanted to replace the dpad and cover)

The DualShock 4 lasts 2 hours on a charge. It's a piece of garbage.

AA batteries are a ubiquitous standard. 20 years from now AA batteries will still be produced. 20 years from now proprietary battery packs will not be produced.

AA batteries are the better short and long term solution.

>literally none of these issues
sucks to be you faggot

I have both consoles the xbone controller is worlds better than the ps4's one, ps4 controllers build quality is pure garbage ironically before the one S the xbone console hardware was pure garbage.

Im 100% sure sony makes their controllers shit so you will fork over $60 every few months.

>ironically before the one S the xbone console hardware was pure garbage.
dude what, if anything the xbone is so good mechanically no one realizes it, shit is quiet and never overheats. Unless i'm missing something?

I want to believe OP is just trolling and not actually this fucking stupid.

The only difference between the PS4 and XB1 controllers is the fact you can replace the XB1 controller battery when it dies.

Good luck replacing your PS4 controller that barely fills its charge after 2 years.

i wish they would make wired controllers again. still going strong on my wired 360 pad.

It's quite weird that microsoft is against planned/built-in obsolescence but not with their console.

I.e. you can't change the hdd in the xbone, you know the most likely thing to break over time next to the disc drive (moving parts and all that)

You have to void the warranty and even then it is a huge hassle since the hdd needs to be formated in a special way according to ifixit.

While sony allows it on every of their console since ps3... or ps2 actually.

you can change it, it just voids the warranty IIRC, but you can also use external HDDs while the PS4 can't
shit's fucking weird

No, you really can't. Google the ifixit article. It doesn't support their own format (NTFS) or the other common ones like fat32/exFAT.

It's quite weird. No idea why they have done this. Copy protection maybe.

that is strange
so with xbox you can't replace the internal but you can use an external
but with PS you can replace the internal but can't use an external
what the fuck

The one with the dual charging dock and red and green led? They burn out pretty quick

Got mine in bundle with charge&play kit.

>PS4 controller dies
>Plug it in with the included charger cable
>Continue playing
Wow goddamn them Sony Jews amirite?

>controller loses it's wireless function
>be forced to play with a short cable for ants
>sonyshills actually defending it

I'm still using my wireless xbox 360 elite controllers for my pc after about 7 years.
If I used my ps3 as much as my pc to play I'm sure the wireless life would be complete shit.

>tfw xbox one controller costs 1/4 my monthly wage

Not sure how they are with Xbone, but I had them for Wii and they sucked. They didn't last long and the charging station didn't always work. It's just less of a hassle overall to have them inside of the controller.

I had to get the wireless receiver because I kept accidentally tripping on the cable when shifting in my chair at the PC

>every gen will always be next gen until it's last gen

hate this meme

So... Microsoft should include the battery pack

I bought these things years ago

the batteries don't even work anymore, they can't hold a charge at all and they were expensive, a pack of rechargeable batteries would have been way much cheaper

every defense someone comes up with, you autistic faggots will have some autistic response and think its right. there is no arguing with a retard, because even if you win, the retard just throws his shit all over the place and says he won. thats what Cred Forums is, the retard in the room flinging shit and thinking he's right. I don't think I've EVER heard a valid argument on this board. you autistic faggots just spout memes and buzzwords.

>tfw 69 word essay due next month
>tfw i grossly exaggerate for (you)s

>you autistic faggots
>autistic response
>no arguing wit ha retard
>autsitic faggots just spout memes and buzzwords

nice meme

All it proves is that MS shills are real and they're here.

I hate having to recharge my controller.

I hate having to plug in a cord.

All I want to do is grab some fresh, rechargeable batteries and keep playing.

>going to the store to buy batteries is faster than just plugging in the fucking controller
t. MS marketing department

For the most part this thread was about having non changable batteries in a controller is retarded and when you think that this statement is microsoft shilling you probably should get a job already and stop letting mommy pay for your vidya

>tfw I live in Russia
>tfw I'm an engineer
>tfw I earn $320
>tfw Xbox One controller costs ~$82

I use pic related with PC. I like it. I also use the PS4 controller too if the game allows it.

Is this real? Holy shit lol

>playing on an xbox

are you 13 years old

>amazon.ca/DatConShop-2000mAh-Rechargeable-Playstation-Controller/dp/B017DKIJ7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1474101472&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4 battery

retard

>2016
>Not having a controller that lasts at least 60 hours
Oh lord Kek

>consoles in 2016
LUL

Bullshit like this is what's seriously tunring me away from 8th gen. This an Pay to Play oneline, and a woeful game selection.

I'm a Sony-fag since 1997. I know apparently the PS4 is "winning", but there is fuck all on my PS4 worth playing as of today. It's like all the mediocrity of 7th gen just went to 11 for the PS4. And Xbone is just a carbon copy. I am seriously disappointed with Sony right now.

I bought a WiiU six months ago, and I actually had fun with it. Check out a few games on Steam as well. It really brought home how far things have gone down in AAA console land tbqh.

>be forced to play with a short cable for ants
I'll let you on a secret.
5m.
You can get 5m long USB cables without problems.
I don't like non swapable batteries as much as the next guy but pretending only short cables exist to pad your list of negative traits is retarded.

Too much work for 'mustard race' with 1337 RIGS made by ALIENWARE.

>Virtual Boy controller uses six AA batteries
NINTENDOOOO