What is the best alternative to WoW?

What is the best alternative to WoW?

Anything.
Rift, SWTOR, and ESO are my favorites but that makes autists on the internet mad for some reason.

I tried playing WoW and while it's the "original" that's it's downfall, every other MMORPG does exactly what WoW does but with more and different stuff added.

FF14 A Realm Reborn.

For free, TERA.

>more

Not any I can think of

>different

Not always good.

cruzing at the apple store

>Rift

This, I tried this when it came out ages ago, forgot about it and rediscovered it on Steam as a F2P game.

It's actually really good to my surprise.

Maybe a few months ago I would have recommended the Neverwinter MMO but they drove that shit straight into the ground.

SWTOR and ESO are awful.
Rift is pretty good.

FF14

Watching paint dry.

Growtopia

private servers

Everquest Next

NEVER EVER

the only real alternative. one that doesn't feel like it's in second place, would be to play a whole different genre

FFXI

ff 14 desu

>I tried playing WoW and while it's the "original"
But WoW isn't the original anything. Everything it did was ganked from Everquest. The only reason it did so well in the beginning was because it was a Blizzard MMO.

It had a lot more to do with entry barrier, WC being a successful IP did have some help.

Your MOM.

A lot of people are going to tell you FF14.

It's a decent game when you're just starting out. IT doesn't have the content to match WoW over the years in terms of volume (Speaking only for total, not current endgame patch cycles).

The story is pretty forgettable but a lot of players seem to lose their minds over how "good" it is, so maybe you'll like it.

Combat is slower than WoW but I don't see this as a negative, as by the time you hit level 60 you'll have plenty of oGCD abilities too.

Midcore content is almost non-existent and the raid community is currently in the shitter. It'll get a bit better in the next month or so but I kind of doubt it will return to pre-expansion health.

There's a lot of sidecontent that isn't very fun to do. Square Enix likes to add stuff to the game and then forget about it forever and never expand on it.

PvP, from my experience, is garbage because the game wasn't built with it in mind at all. Some people seem to like it though so maybe you will.

You know

This is a video game board, not a garbage can.

Is Guild Wars 2 a decent option?

Me personally I'd much rather play a game that doesn't require monthly fees.

>he doesn't know

It's WoW or nothing, or you can play FFXIV on SEs artificially inflated servers with the same 5 ERPers who don't actually play FFXIV.

GW used to be decent but they ruined it

Rift or Wildstar