MGS4

It is 720p and the framerate really dogs it at times, but I think in some ways, it looks better than MGS5.

I think it is that they give you more interesting things to look at.

>complimenting MGS4

Looks ps2wish desu

The colors are too shit in MGS4.

Yeah I feel it is a conscious choice. Really drives home how much everything sucks in the world now. But it makes the game even more of a beatdown.

Because MGSV looks like every other modern game.

MGS4 is too stylized. Looks like hyperreality. The kind of places that you would see in you dreams.

>Because MGSV looks like every other modern game.

Yeah MGS4 totally not looked like Modern Warfare and GTAIV back in the day.

REKT

>tfw no one likes mgs4

Remember in Modern Warfare and GTA when you returned to the 9 years decayed ruins of a icy military base and then assaulted a futuristic battleship and broke into an AI room full of gravestones and hologram flowers? =D

this V is to same as 5 meme pisses me off.

But MW and GTAIV look very different from modern games. (They are almost a decade old)

You can also make the comparison with GTA4 and GTA5.

It got a 10/10 from Gamespot and many others

4 had godawful texture work and low poly environments.
Only character models looked remotely decent, and even then, just barely.

Just how stupid are you? They were modern game back in the day and MGS4 looked just like them. Muted colors were trendy.

Someone should do a cut of MGS4 where every cutscene is 75% shorter. That'd be great.

Case and point 1: When Meryl shows up to stop Liquid on the Volta, there are no less than 15 shots of soldiers taking positions and aiming their guns. There needed to be like, one or two.

Case and point 2: Snake sees footage of Liquid asking about Rex. Snake and Otacon talk about where Liquid might be headed. Snake mentions that he heard Liquid mention Rex. They debate what that could mean. Campbell calls and Otacon and Campbell and Snake talk about Liquid mentioning Rex and they debate what that could mean. Mei Ling calls and reveals what any one of those motherfuckers should have figured out in 2 seconds: Liquid is going back to Shadow Moses to get Rex and it's nuke.

The game is 8 years old i don't kno wat u want

There were plenty of games in 2008 that looked better than MGS 4.

name 20

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Halo 3
GTA IV
Assassins Creed
ArmA
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
STALKER Clear Sky
FEAR
Doom 3
Uncharted
Gears of War
Dead Space
Bioshock

Yeah whatever, I know that's not 20 but seriously MGS 4 even for the time looked ugly.

I remember when I got my PS3, and put in MGS4, and just fucked around with octocamo, and in the first area, broke that crate of watermelons and it fucking adapted to it. It blew my god damned MIND. Far superior to the melting ice in MGS2, better than shooting the end early in MGS3. It was fucking insane.

I liked that it used real guns, and had a shitload of them(MGSIV is the reason I bought a Springfield Operator). That said, I've still probably put more hours into MGSV.

1st part literally happens in black ops senpai

some of these arent even from 2008

I know, even earlier which just proves my point even more.

STALKER absolutely did not look better than MGS4.

no it doesnt, i doubt fucking doom 3 looks better than mgs4