Paladins BETA now on Steam

Does Battleborn even stand a fucking chance now? This game is literally free.

How is everyone enjoying it? Is it worth the DL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fYtOfJaj1NA
hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/paladins-web/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/new-cassie.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is it worth the DL?
Yes or no based on your personal opinions.

it's fun but the character designs and maps are shit, movement feels a bit clunky too

It's ok i guess better than battlerborn but not as good as ow

>hi-rez

Fuck you

Is it download safe? It seems to go through a weird instal proccess.

It also wants me to create a "Hi-Rez Studios" account. Is this safe and legit or am i getting conned here?

No, you're getting conned, as anyone who has ever played a hi-rez game can tell you

Overwatch's poor man

Pretty much this. I remember having some fun with it a while ago, but the Paladin guy was OP while mounted, making the point capture game a "pick this guy or lose" situation.

Isn't Overwatch just Team Fortress 2's poor man?

i play smite
can confirm conning

I kind of like it. Their version of Benedict/Pharah rejects any kind of logical ultimate ability for a sick ass dragon punch that always kills whoever you collide with.
Glowing green spawn/batman is really just McCree and Genji in one character, he's pretty fun.
Their tank/Reinhart is cool because he gets a flamethrower lance and a fireball that does more damage the more people it goes through.

I don't think it's super great or anything but the characters are kind of neat and it's probably worth playing if you already have a Hi-Rez account from smite or whatever.

Are there any healer classes and are they enjoyable to play?

Isn't this more like Battleborn?

Hi-Rez made my most favorite game in the world and then slowly killed it in front of my eyes. They broke me on the inside so bad I still cant work up the motivation to play multiplayer games 4 years later.

I would hate them more if only I could stop disparing.

The characters are basically copies of Overwatch's though. Down to a guy with a huge shield and another with McCree's peacekeeper. Can't say much about the game oaky though, but BB is more like a MOBA as opposed to Overwatch's objective stuff

It plays exactly like Overwatch. Go here to capture this point and then escourt the thing to the enemy base.
Battleborn's single player is just Boarderland's dungeons and the multiplayer is more like SMITE's arena mode, only with more creeps.

One is a cool shaman guy who can put down healing totems that also give everyone a shield and heals during his big thunderstorm ultimate. Didn't play as him but he seemed really good. I think he gets chain lightning and a ghostwalk that lets him move through any kind of barriers you put up.
The other guy with a heal is this little fennec fox looking guy who throws potions like Gigantic's Uncle Sven. He's kind of neat because his gun shoots in an arc and does more damage the longer its projectile is in the air.

Battleborn >>> Overwatch > Paladins

Stay mad shills

it was its own thing but the CEO of HiRez pretty much forced them to become a f2p copy of overwatch

they shortened the time to kill and made the maps a lot smaller

How is that wise ? Trying to go head to head with Overwatch.

Free OW clone on Steam > OW

Your game needs shills so it doesn't die. Although, seems like that's too late.

LMAO

Reddit actually tell people to buy the console version. Apparently it's much more lively than PC

Valve pretty much handed everything they built with TF2 to Blizzard on a silver platter, so apparently not.

> inb4 muh rocket jumps

Overwatch costs $40 more than tf2.

Surprisingly good, shame it's more of a Moba than FPS.

This is what Overwatch did right and what others are doing so wrong.

Is there only one mode of play, Capture point then payload? Because if so this is already suffering the same problem as OW and that's a severe lack of content. I will say that the characters are more mechanically interesting though, a bit more depth and options than Overwatch

Is anyone else other than me stomping the shit out of people or is it just me? I don't want to sound like a jackass but I played four different characters and wrecked with all of them. I mean I know its steam f2p and everyone's just starting but fuck.

yeah i feel the same and i am not even that great with fps games

i keep getting crazy ass killstreaks and barely die in a match

Maybe the game is super unbalanced??

Not related but this game is visually pretty ugly, i guess not near as bad as battleborn tho

the currency system in this game is fucking retarded

you can get gold pretty easily, but to actually buy shit you need crystals? what the fuck is up with that??? And to get crystals you basically need to purchase them in real world money

Play the rat demo man

Projectiles explode aoe on impact, do tons of damage
It's super fun

How?

bots

no, played three matches and uninstalled,

no joke, battleborn is way better. Don't waste your time.

Are you serious?

I am wondering if this is true or not. I haven't played Battleborn yet but Paladins seems pretty shallow.

So much content is behind a paywall. Really unfortunate.

You fight bots until you hit level 5. Don't know why the game doesn't say a word about this. Take a look at their names and the fact you can't friend/report them after a match.

Thanks for clairifying. Bizarre how there is no mention of bots at all.

>You fight bots until you hit level 5.

I had a fucking feeling

Sounds like I'll have more fun playing ut2k3's single player "campaign"

>Can't play all heroes
>Can actually upgrade yourself ala runes from LoL
>These upgrades are 100% better than someone without them

Trash game

The price point is the only advantage you need over Battleborn. Though I feel like the psudo-MOBA elements present will prevent mainstream appeal.

Everyone have upgrades(cards).

Not everyone has legendary cards which are straight upgrades from non legendary

does the new system even have legendary cards? I think you can buy all of the cards with ingame currency.

Battleborn is no man's Overwatch

when the next unreal tournment even coming out btw

Are any of the old unreal tournaments still active?

dunno havent touched them for like 6 years

middle:tracer
edgy guy with shotgun:reaper
knight guy: reinhardt
flying fairy with turret disc:symmetra
dinosaur with rocket arm: pharah, bet it even flies

wrong
wrong
almost
it's GW2 mesmer
pharah with One Punch ult

From what I've played, the playerbase is absolutely literally fucking retarded.

that's because you're playing with bots

If you're under lvl 5 you're playing against bots. Your teammates are either bots or new players who don't understand anything. I don't think they count as "the playerbase"

>Watch video
>Within 10 seconds theres a dude using a hook
SO ORIGINAL

Let me guess, you think Roadhog's hook is so original?

>dude using a hook is unoriginal
>surely you think this other character that does the same thing is original

The knight guy is Reinhardt if he had a flamethrower instead of a hammer and every single ability was shittier. His shield has a limited timer and a massive cooldown so it's hardly usable, his dash doesn't last very long and doesn't deal much damage, and the flamethrower itself is pretty weak. All in all he's shit.

that irrelevant

The fireball is much better than Reinhardt's ranged attack.

The charge isn't meant to be Reinhardt's charge move, it's meant more as a repositioning tool.

Game's fun, I guess. It's F2P Overwatch but with some unique stuff(mounts, cards, Ying before they made her a healer) and a rather retarded, and small, player base.

If you can overlook the Overwatch elements it's a somewhat good game. And Cassie is pretty cute, so bonus points for giving me a new waifu.

I'm surprised there are fanarts of the characters already. I thought all the drawfags are playing Overwatch.

Most of the fanart is shit, but there are a few gems.

Better than nothing.

Now I need someone to draw lewd pics of Ying.

I love some of the character designs.

>tfw everyone thinks its a complete OW ripoff at first glance but most of the characters play far far differently.

The female character designs are pretty good atleast.

The only lewds I've seen are of Cassie, so good luck with that, senpai.

Friendly reminder that Hi-Rez killed Tribes and pulled a Randy Pitchford by funneling all development money for Tribes into this mobashit.

Also OP is a shill that's been spamming the same Paladins thread every day because he is cheaper than buying banner ads on Cred Forums.

Don't support them.

think of counter strike or any shooter

that shooter now has splatoon guns

thats the game

Sad for the Tribes players but Hi Rez hasn't pulled any support from SMITE so I think I can trust them enough with Paladins.

And personally I am more interested in Paladins compared to Tribes.

Never played splatoon.

When did Kinessa replace Cassie as the leading lady for Paladins?

>i thought I was good

well fuck.

When everybody realised they can one-shot people with Kinessa.
Cassie is still the best girl, in my heart.

And I bet they still have that malware-ridden piece of shit launcher, even tho you also need steam.

they should've picked Ying.

If they're smart they should just add more waifu characters, clearly by know they should realize that people love waifu characters(be it in Overwatch, SMITE or Paladins).

The top review on Steam says it all: Paladins is "Overwatch for poor people," and I think they can live with that niche. Hi-Rez accepted being the #3 MOBA behind DotA and LoL, too.

The only important purchase is the founder's pack, which functions the same as SMITE's Ultimate God Pack: buy the game once (on a deep discount right now), get all champs for life.

Makoa is actually the newest champion. Hook memes are new in Paladins.

Can't argue with that.

Ying is the secondary marketing waifu. You can even see her in the OP. The original marketing waifus were Cassie and Skye.

>shilling the chink version of Overwatch
literally neck yourselves lads

I am thinking of buying it.
In my currency it's currently only around $7-8.

Should I?

Evie is pretty good too

crazy girls are nice

It's on a discount, so it can't hurt at this point.

>chink
wat

But Hi-Rez is based just outside Atlanta, GA.

Game is a complete joke. There's a single character in the game with coherently designed abilities (the ice witch) and only one character with a unique design.

The latest one they released when I tried it was so clear that they had given up on trying ANYTHING because it was just some fucking turtle thing with... nothing.

quality looks chink tier tßh and literally who is their target audience?

thank you for sharing your opinion.

>There's a single character in the game with coherently designed abilities (the ice witch)
Which is funny, because Evie was (and in fact still is) a problem character.
>The latest one they released when I tried it was so clear that they had given up on trying ANYTHING because it was just some fucking turtle thing with... nothing.
He's got a hook, a dome shield, and Winston's ult.

Quality is fine, it's not as well polished as Overwatch but I think it's pretty good.

As for target audience, I'd assume MOBA + FPS players or Overwatch players who wants a more MOBA feel in the game. That's just my guess, dunno.

My other guess would be poor people who doesn't want to pay $40 for Overwatch

>He's got a hook, a dome shield, and Winston's ult.

From a visual perspective. He's nothing, just some turtle, it's a clear "we don't give a shit just throw out something quirky"

And no shit, unlike everyone else he skills have synergy.

that image is a travesty to gearbox software and all the good they have been doing for games over the last century. posting that makes me physically sick. you should literally work for 29 hours, buy a cheap ticket to Hawaii, find a local tour guide, ask him to take you to Kilauea, climb to the top of Kilauea, peer into the molten abyss, and literally throw yourself inside it.

Yeah, Bomb King is so far the best one.

literally the only character they have designed which shows that anyone on their art team has a creative bone in their body.

They should just release more waifus.

>No no, son. Explosions first, questions later.

>Hi-rez
I was going to download and was even thinking about buying the founders pack, not anymore, fuck them.

Grohk is a blue orc shaman with a healing totem, a hitscan lightning staff, and an ult that radiates damage and healing to everyone around him.
Pip is a fennec fox thief wielding what amounts to a potion grenade launcher. He's got a healing potion, a steroid that gives him better jumps and mobility, and an AoE polymorph ult that turns enemies into defenseless chickens for a few seconds.
Grover is a treant (who works double-duty as Sylvanus's mount in SMITE) who swings an axe. He has passive health regen that he can trigger for a burst of AoE heals, a grappling hook, and a big AoE healing aura ult.

Yeah couldn't be the fact that some companies commission art in order to draw some more people in

TO BE FAIR

HOLD UP HOMIE

LISTEN UP

OK

OVERWATCH HARDLY HAS GREAT CHARACTER DESIGNS EITHER.

SURE THEY ARE TECHNICALLY NICER VISUALLY

BUT THEY ARENT EXACTLY ORIGINAL

THE ONLY ORIGINAL CHARACTER IN OVERWATCH IS THE ROBOT BUDDHA GUY I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF

Except that all the overwatch designs play into something more than just being a generic design. There's clearly a lot more effort that went into designing solider 76 than the paladins COD soldier guy. on top of that the overwatch designs as you said, are significantly better polished, and more readable.

this game has QTs, so it stands a chance

Better polished, yes.

But come on 76 and Lucio are just boring designs. Victor is too ofc.

those are some big nips

I think it's funny how they made Viktor a straight-up Call of Duty character, complete with an assault rifle, iron sights, nades, and a dash. Fuck, he even calls in artillery for an ult. I'm pretty sure Viktor is currently one of the strongest characters in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=fYtOfJaj1NA

There were originally two modes: capture the point, and regular payload. Payload was turned off with this latest patch that introduced ranked.

Pip is OP as fuck. A support shouldn't be that much of a beast. I went 65 kills with 6 deaths.

It's okay, the client is buggy as fuck though. It's like the old league one, shits itself constantly. Also up until level 5 you're forced to fight bots, pretty lame.

The client works fine for me, although it sometimes disconnects me at the start of the match(only on training matches though).

I'm just reading through the abilities on their website and it looks like a lot of characters have synergies with their abilities, which makes me interested in the game. OW characters feel like they have pretty minimal synergy on a lot of their abilities.

Most kits are pretty coherent, yes.

I really wish the cards weren't a gimmick and actually change the gameplay instead of being "X attack has a 10% lower cooldown or 20% higher damage".

You know shit like changing you attacks or adding non-buff effects to your skills and in general shit that would drastically change how you play the characters.

I feel that it actually changes quite a lot though. Adding an extra 1k to shield, or reduce cooldowns by 6 seconds do affect the way you play.

Paladins has better furbait

my dick is on fire if this thing works on the PC. thanks based devs for non-bliz overwatch f2p

damage is crazy high. the rocket launcher dragon guy can 2 shot most classes and his grenade launcher 3 shots most.

>I'm surprised there are fanarts of the characters already.

It's been in beta for over a year now. It only just came to steam now.

That's ONE thing Paladins has going for it.

>He is considered support because one of his abilities heals

Wish they kept the game like that, it allowed for like 4 different skillsets on a single character, now they want to copy Overwatch and give every character their own spectacular UNIQUE (only one) gameplay style.

Evie was fun when she had clones or she could fly fast as fuck.

He has a heal and an AoE polymorph ult.

Don't forget that shock rifle combo Drogoz has when you hit his fire spit with a rocket.

The poly ulti isn't necessarily used for support reasons, I mostly use it to win 2 or 3 vs 1.

You can still customize characters with the cards though. I can focus on making a tankier Fernando or a Fernando that shoots fireballs or some other kind of build.

you can't do any of the cool shit anymore

Fuck no, i played the beta and it's LITERALLY just characters with Overwatch's abilities but remixed.

That's it.

Pretty crafty of them to pretty much lock competitive mode until you level up 12 characters.

Only 6 characters are unlocked from the start and to unlock the others takes quite a bit of in game currency that would take a long while to grind for. That, or purchasing the founders pack.

i didn't even realize you could do that. the skill tab does not do a very good job explaining it

So it's the same thing that happened between TF2 and Overwatch?

I don't remember TF2 having abilities.

Well abilities aside they seriously just copied the characters from TF2, not to mention the entire gameplay
>Scout is 2fast4u=Tracer
>Heavy is big and has a gatling=Tumblrina
etc
It's going to be fun seeing Overwatch fanboys calling Paladins a ripoff

It's the same thing over and over again though. OW came out, people scream TF2 ripoff. Now This comes out, people scream OW ripoff.

It's like the "good old" days of "every FPS is a Doom ripoff".

> trusting hirez after tribes

I'd sooner trust a dirty crack addict on the street with my money

FERNANDO IS __________

Overwatch at least has some unique characters, like Reaper, McCree, Ana, Zenyatta, Mei, etcetera.

Paladins is quite literally just the same abilities as Overwatch. I don't think i saw a single unique ability.

The degree to which Paladins is the same as Overwatch is ridiculous, though. It's actually pretty much the same game in every way, except that it's designed worse.

>Scout
>Tracer

They're two completely different characters, Scout is very mobile, is all about jumping and has a shotgun.

Tracer has two pistols, zero vertical mobility, time powers and a sticky grenade.

What do they have in common besides moving quick?

The ability synergy is better in Paladins IMO and the cards does add customization options for the players. The game is not as polished as OW but gameplay wise it's not really that bad.

Also. McCree is original? wat?

Original as in, not based on a TF2 character.

>Paladins is quite literally just the same abilities as Overwatch
I'll only be able to admit that or deny that when download ends but honestly, I don't care, at least this way I can enjoy some team-based shooter that doesn't want me to drop 40$ on it and still shove microtransactions in my face while pretending it has content

>Grover

There are so few characters or even people with that name. I legitimately only know three including this guy, and I'm sure I don't even have to tell you the other two if you live in the US. Muppet and President

Instead based on a LoL character, Graves, Mei is Anivia etc. I guess it's good that TF2 isn't the only thing they copied

>download finishes
>cannot find the hi-rez installation
10/10

The problem was that Evie made no sense having clones if she's an ice mage. Hell, even now, her only ice-related abilites are her self-ice block and her snowstorm ult.

In Overwatch terms, Evie is Mei if she could fly like Mercy and blink like Tracer.

Gotta restart it.

flamin' hot amigo.

A vain and cocky bastard who literally knighted himself. Even when you kill him, he cries not to hit him in the face.

pretty shitty. 40 dmg flamethrower aint going to kill shit anytime soon. all he got going for him is that shield

and the pretty face.

Restart what? Steam? Didn't work

The whole "multiplayer characters with backstories and personalities" thing is what they copied, that and I guess the payload game type.

>TF2 invented payload

Wolfenstein: ET did payload years before TF2 did.

yeah, pretty much. Odd that so few games seem to include it.

Crystals are the cash currency, and they're used to buy most cosmetics. You can buy cards with gold, and that's what's important.

You also get some crystals from daily logins(day 6 and 7).

The only thing you buy with crystals are skins. You can buy cards with gold(in game currency).

this, i could 4v1 as fernando

>but to actually buy shit you need crystals?

Only cosmetics, the things don't matter.

>champions of the realm

did they just close their eyes and grab a bunch of words from their big pile of fantasy babble
this is the most generic subtitle ever

Hirez is the western equivalent of a chinese game company. They copy what's popular right now and slowly abandon it for whatever genre is trending next

>Overwatch doesn't have a stealth hero yet
>Paladins does
>In fact, she was one of their first heroes
Wonder how Blizzard will handle it in comparison?

The time is midday

Stealth is a dumb broken unfun mechanic.

Its fun for me who play stealth toons

try your computer?

Except instead of McCree's ult, he has four explosive rounds he can fire while floating. Not sure if there's any analogy for that one.

It's tempered by the fact that Skye loses a fight with a stiff breeze. She has what amounts to an SMG, so she has to be in close range to be effective.

Also, Paladins has no melee attacks (with very specific exceptions), so there's no backstabs.

>win game
>victory screen
>goes to a black screen and gets stuck there

Ahhh yes, now I remember. Hirez can't into quality control at all.

YOU are the quality control
for free

it's not safe ma, go back to bed

keep moving and keep your distance. if she doesn't hit you with all 3 mouse2 shots her damage is shit.

I have you in my visuals!

>Chaos Raptor furry oc

Of course! Why didn't I think of that.

He is fun as fuck
Just max that spit cooldown reduction card and oblitarete teams with endless spit nukes

Any good husbandos?
seems ok

Fernando is best husbando.

literally a flamer

How is it none of these shitty Battleborn ripoffs have someone as fun to play as El Dragon?

Or people who can't even try out Overwatch and don't want to pay $40 for something they aren't sure they can run smoothly or will enjoy. If OW is a lot like this shit though, I might want to buy it.

Poorfag here. Is it toaster friendly?

The game was made with UE3, I believe, so yes, it should be toaster friendly.

Is there female furbait?

Not yet. There's a couple elves, but that's about it.

yes, runs really good on my shitty laptop

Thanks friendos. I'll check it out

Pretty good but damn do they need to fix their servers.

wew

I only started playing this game again a couple weeks ago. For the longest, Hi-Rez's testing process for new mechanics was "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks." The game has gone through so many dramatic changes over the past several months, it's difficult to keep track of them all. Now, all of a sudden, the game is in open beta and on Steam. I wonder how much else will change as time goes on.

>that barik engineer skin.
>have to redownload the game again from steam now because i want it

fuck

Outages like this aren't common.

The original draft of the game looks much different from the current game.
>One large map, with three different capture points
>Random capture point becomes active
>Team captures the point and pushes the payload - which is a cannon - to the enemy base
>Team must punch through the three gates of the enemy base (two doors and the base vault) to win the game
>Defenders must destroy the payload to stop the push
>When the payload is destroyed, there's a short lull before the next random capture point becomes active
>Repeat until a team's vault is cracked open to win
Balancing the doors, the payload, the timers and everything else was just hell.

Their server can't handle the influx of new players from Steam. Give them a day or two to sort it out.

No. It plays like one of those shitty browser based shooters and it basically ripped mechanics from Overwatch. You're also forced to play against bots until level 5

I actually prefer the new system. I reinstalled the game a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised at how polished it is and how it plays so much better now compared to before.

> ripped mechanics from Overwatch

T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K

Even when fighting bots there are tons of idiots who can't even play properly. Unleashing them into actual PvP is just cruel punishment for people who can think and breathe at the same time.

It's one of those good problems, I suppose, when you have to run to get more servers because your game crashed under the load.

The game isn't even that hard.
>Stand on the point
>Walk with the payload
That's ALL you have to do.

Is it until level 5 or just five matches? I keep hearing mixed shit. I've only played 3 but opponents who stand still bunched up and barely even try to fight back is boring as fuck.

More like UNAVAILABLE now on steam.

>character designs and maps are shit
reminds me of Overwatch

Battleborn has the only good character design and map design so far

tell that to the tons of bad Kinessa players out there. Every time I get a Kinessa in my team they will be the ones with the least points.

To be fair, Kinessa is designed to keep overwatch (kek) on the point and provide cover for the rest of the team to capture. Good Kinessa play requires judicious use of her opressor mines to restrict movement and give away enemy position, as well as the typical sniper habit of repositioning if you're compromised or have otherwise taken your shot. That's no excuse not to otherwise capture the point or push the payload, but a good Kinessa shouldn't have to. I'm just recently getting a handle on Kinessa myself, as I want to give her an honest shot.

In case you don't already know, an enemy under the effect of Kinessa's Oppressor Mine will take extra damage from Kinessa in carbine mode. Drop the mine to slow them down, then gun them down.

I'm fine if they are doing a great job at killing enemies. But these Kinessa players I've encountered all managed to deal the least amount of damage while still staying away from the objective. They might as well be AFK.

Yeah, those are the worse. I'm trying to be better about that and not be shit.

If they market it right they have a chance at carving a niche market for themselves. They need to go for the unashamedly method of saying "Overwatch but free". Smite's somewhat successful despite being in an over-saturated market with other free to play games so I could see this one doing alright if they play their cards right.

Do you still have to update both paladins and smite to play, because of the HiRez updater thing bullshit? Like what the fuck Hi-Rez

>Hi-Rez

>They still didn't fix the TTK
Dropped hard as fuck
Maybe if they didn't try to be poor man's overwatch in every way the game would have some personality and something to offer

RIP TRIBES

I prefer the fast TTK, slow games bores me.

Paladins has the card system. You create a card loadout before the game to improve certain abilities or stats, and you can choose from multiple loadouts. You also have burn cards you can purchase and upgrade mid-match for additional boosts.

To my knowledge, Overwatch has neither loadouts nor burn cards.

Groverhaus

It's fun. A free overwatch with moba inspired character progression. Controls are pretty tight, optimisation is good, maps are pretty boring.

Worth a DL if you don't want/can't buy an overwatch.

Been playing against people since my first game. Maybe you're just retarded?

>Been playing against people since my first game. Maybe you're just retarded?
Yeah me too, I guess it's something they added recently, it's definitely happening to new players

Game's back up with new server capacity.

>got overwatch
>stopped playing after a week because bored
>play this
>already feels better than overwatch

Viktor is basically what I wanted Soldier 76 to be. My only grip is that the game lacks an atmosphere. The characters are cool, but it just feels soulless and generic. It needs its own sort of memorable feeling to it like what's gotten Valve's games to last for so very long.

My launcher still say that it's down.

>Viktor is basically what I wanted Soldier 76 to be.
CoD audience the hero? I mean I don't hate him but I don't see why you'd pick him
>skill 1 sprint
>skill 2 use iron sights
Unless you're talking about character design and voice

Launcher says it's down.

Hi-Rez hasn't gone deep into lore on the overall world and characters, providing only a bit of background for most of the original cast. I think once we know more about the setting, it'll become more memorable.

>CoD audience the hero?
Yes, just like Soldier 76.

>Tfw Evie looked so ugly before
Do You have a Cassie webm?

Casual queue wasn't working.

76 and Victor are starter characters for people who are used to the typical modern shooters.

I've been having fun with Victor too. I am slowly trying out other champions too ofc.

and tf2 takes much more skill then overwatch

sombra is coming

Put two hours in, it's better than Battleborn but not as good as Overwatch. If you don't want to buy OW right now, but want a champion shooter you can do way worse.

These are all on the main Paladins website.

Cassie's is too big for Cred Forums.
hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/paladins-web/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/new-cassie.webm

>People unironically like games that look like Saturday morning cartoons in the year 2016.
>Wowww.

This art style makes me want to vomit. It's gross and fucking obnoxious.

If you want a free OW clone, this is it. But I got to warn you, as a player who plays both Paladins and Smite, the game is built on cosmetic purchases. It makes it's money off skins and chests and Hi-Rez never ever bothers to fix it's problems, instead it keeps pushing out cosmetics as fast as possible.

I know I sound hypocritical since I play these games but don't even bother investing your time. Once you start getting good, you'll realize how broken the matchmaking system is. The game continues to match Gold leagues to Masters or Diamonds, and you can easily get carried to Masters just by queuing with better players. Most matches are decided by who has the worse players on each team, not individual skill.

TL;DR: Shitty shill game that is broken and will never be fixed because cosmetics are prioritized.

I actually was in the SWC in 2013, it's gone to shit since then but I still enjoy the game on a casual level

Windrunner, you finally found a better game?

servers are so shit

It's the Steam rush.

If I just plan to buy the founder's pack and play casually it's ok right? Not planning to play competitively anyway.

The game seems pretty fun so far.

Hi-Rez pushes out entire reworks and balance changes for SMITE with every patch. They've completely removed broken items like Golden bow.

They do push out cosmetics quickly though, but I don't mind so long as they don't make the game unplayable shit.

That's fine. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the founder's pack is the only legitimately important purchase, as it will give you all champions for life.

A few interesting but fairly generically laid out characters. Shitty maps poorly designed maps. Some horrible balancing that favors beefy characters above all else. Horribly over complicated feature design with the upgrading system they've got that I've noticed the majority of players right now don't even seem to be aware exist yet plays a huge part in combat power. What seems like a poorly designed equipment feature in the form of cards that cause the power gap to be that much more obvious between a new player and someone with good cards.

Hi-rez is basically another generic Idea Guy developer at this point, they have no reasoning on focusing on a core feature first and instead include every side feature from any game that's remotely popular and making money in hopes that they too will cash in on the game theme of the year.

On the bright side the make fuggable female characters.

More dead in the water than even battleborn

>playing video game entertainment software made by hi-rez entertainment

I've been playing it for about a year, it's ok i guess, fun with friends but that's about it. Everyone picks Sharpshooter though, seems like every match there's 3 snipers 1 tank and 1 blaster, then one of the snipers will cry like a bitch when they don't win. What the fuck do you expect when over half the team picks the same fucking role?

There's four classes now: tank, support, damage, and flank. Your optimal team is one tank, one support, two damage and one flank.

You actually don't need the founders pack. You can unlock each god with free ingame currency you acquire from playing the game. You also get 5 free gods from the start from each class, and 5 more on rotation that swap out every week.
That is true, I appreciate that. If it's one thing Hi-Rez gets right is the balance changes. (even if there are a few OP as fuck gods every now and then)

>You actually don't need the founders pack. You can unlock each god with free ingame currency you acquire from playing the game. You also get 5 free gods from the start from each class, and 5 more on rotation that swap out every week.
You're talking about SMITE, which has, what, 80 gods now?

I want that Ares Fernando though.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly like this faggot art style. It's so fucking obnoxious.

Still better than Blunderborn.

When i was playing it it was Sharpshooter, Striker, Blaster, Fighter and Tank. Sharpshooter and Striker were easily the most picked roles, it was always up to me to pick tank otherwise we'd just get steamrolled.

Servers be crashing

Why? It's not very original but it isn't ugly either

That is literally tracer and reaper

Not much of a difference with how it currently is right now. Everyone picks either Damage or Flank role and we get assraped by Fernando(or any Frontline champ really).

>Not ugly.
>Cartoonish as fuck.
>Bright colours everywhere.
>Disgusting and hideous in all ways.

I wish I could be like you, but this shit makes me want to throw up. It's Wind Waker all over again.

He actually plays nothing like either of them, he plays more like McCree.

The environments are bland and ugly. The characters would be fine if they weren't in bright and glittery forests that look like they belong in a 101 Dalmatians game.

then go away
It's like saying you hate anime in an anime convention. Just go away then.

Kinessa doesn't play like Tracer either.

The one in the middle is Widowmaker without wallhacks. The one next to her is McCree and Genji rolled up into a Reaper-looking body.

Im new to the game, but if I see a Kinessa should I just chalk it up as a lost? She's fucking useless

But she has a wallhack. You can see your enemy for a couple seconds after you shot them.

I thought he was just talking about Androxus because he's an edgelord like Reaper and has a triple dash like tracer.

Not immediately. See . A good Kinessa provides safe passage for the rest of her team.

You should be more worried about not having a tank. If you don't have a Fernando you're basically fucked.

Sorry, fag. I'm gonna share my opinion whether you like it or not.

Don't get triggered so easily.

She can rape teams if she's not countered.

Not having a tank is a good way to lose tho.

Kinessa herself isn't useless but most of the new players playing her are.

Hey, Makoa is pretty good too. He can hook squishies and has a dome shield he can put up for a few seconds. The one tank you should be worried about having is Ruckus (). Like D.Va, if Ruckus is your only tank, you're in for a rough game.

You can share it, but I'm just saying that continuing to argue to people who like it that you don't like it is wasted effort. Why bother? why not just find something that you like elsewhere?

Fernando is fucked if the enemy team learns to take the shieldbreaker burn card.

this is why battleborn failed, no waifus

That's what team coordination is for, when they're all focused on Fernando everyone else should be picking them off.

IDGAF

Stay triggered, homie. Enjoy your cartoon games.

Until level 5.

>slightly fit
>brown or red?
>short hair
>hottest voice
Kinessa is best girl. Debate me

Cassie is pure.

Debate over.

How's school?

here. Truthfully, I love them both.

Ying > everyone else

because underboobs

>meme weapon
>meme pet
Pls

>Unironically having such a shit meme saved on his computer.
>Thinks anyone who triggers him is underage.
>Thinks I only play Mature rated games because I dislike some faggot cartoon game's shit cartoon art style.

Stay triggered, homie.

Ying is tiny, though.

>generic redhead archer
>has a pig face
>titty monster

no

I don't see the problem

>this many meme arrows as a response to shitty meme
You sound pretty buttblasted, famalam.

>This game is what Global Agenda 2 became

>Hi-Rez
Rest in peace, Tribes Ascend.

Ascend has a separate, small team working on it.

fucking assholes abandoned tribes: ascend

they are forever dead to me

Was the original Global Agenda even all that good?

>Stealing design from LoL (Akali)

How can you sink this low?

they announced that they went back to it last year though.

>It's a Skye episode

Imagine if the spy from TF2 had a fully automatic revolver with a secondary fire that increases its primary fire damage and you have Skye. Then add a fuck-off huge AOE poison bomb that kills anyone in the game, no questions asked, and you have cancer.

She's really squishy though. But I do agree that the bomb radius should be nerfed a bit.

But Akali is a ninja, while Ying is more of an arabic dancer kind of design.

>bots

Also Akali is inspired by Jade from MK. It's not like it's 100% LoL original. Who cares.

My friends and I all played the shit out of it. Last I checked, the servers were still up, but there were MAYBE twenty people playing. The game hasn't been updated in three years.

Could this be tribes: ascend you are talking about?

Bought the founder pack for 14$. It's a pretty good price if it's fun.

Skye is really easy to knock over if you can find her. I will agree that her poison bomb ult is obnoxious. Yes, she deserves to do a lot of damage, but why is she allowed to single-handedly wipe an entire team capturing a point because she can stealth in the middle of them and press E? Everyone is busy (futiley) trying to escape from the bomb to worry about punishing Skye.

It's costs around $7.5 in my region. I should buy it soon.

Valve decided to give Blizz TF2 after they got DO2A - equivalent exchange.

What does this mean? Are they going to do more than the out of the blue patch that I have mixed feelings about?

Do these look like bots to you? Literally next game I've played.

What a qt,

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNGNGNGNNGGGG

>overwatch for poor people

I'm poor so this works for me.

have you never seen your reflection on ice before

Stop being poor.

The characters look like shit though, not as bad as battleborn but still pretty bad.

>352105590

no you for you.

I wish I could.

IF Tribes starts to make mney than yeah.

Tribes biggest issue with HiRez is that Tribes was a burn barrel, where they put money into it and got nothing back, unlike Smite.

Looking at SMITE, this has some pretty good waifu potential so it's all good.

That's a stretch.

>anything from LoL
>original in any fashion

lmao

is it though

>bought overwatch
>regret it
>now play TF2 and this because more fun

Am I a poorfag too for not playing the latest shitzard title?

is she not in the beta?

She was removed because of a bug or something.
They'll put her back next patch.

nope

Got removed for balancing. She is back in the next patch, which is soonâ„¢, as a healer.

>Game is called Paladins
>Literally not even one Paladin character.

PIP is not a Support. He is a DPS/flanker and he's too much fun to play

Fernando not good enough for you?

>What is Fernando

>Georgia
Fucking why do people trust anything that comes from that shit state?

Smite has decent designs but the cover for Paladins is shit, the character try to look all wanky and different like Overwatch but they fail and instead look generic and. Look at the Dinosaurs armour or look the Totallynottracer's costume

Tf2 looks like a ps2 game. Everything about it looks like a badly made indie game.

last time I tried to play on ps4, which was about three weeks ago, I had to wait 45 minutes to find a match. My roomate loves Battleborn, but even he won't put up with the long matchmaking times and just started playing Overwatch with me instead.

Fernando is a fighter more than a paladin.

Paladin=/=Knight

There is no better tankbuster in the game than a Drogoz rocket punch.

I like this game, but I can't stand it's design. The characters seem so out of place with each other. I just don't get it. Is that part of the lore or something?

We don't really have any lore apart from assorted character backstories for the original cast. All we know is that Paladins is a sci-fi fantasy mishmash.

Do they have any plans to increase TTK back to how it was before CB30?

I mean I'll probably still play it once in a while since it's free, but this is the reason I have no interest in buying Overwatch, as it's just Call of Duty with waifus.

I liked the card system and the fact that you could build your character kinda like in Battleborn, but now that everything dies in 2 seconds, any customization feels irrelevant, as it's just a battle of who shoots who first. Unless you're Makoa.

I want to pick on Ying till she starts crying and makes a few illusions to comfort herself!
I want to destroy the illusions and her mirror so she is all alone, slowly becoming a crying mess because of said bullying!
I want to remind Ying that without her illusions and her mirror she is useless!
I want to teach Ying to be a proper healslut for all of those big, muscular tanks that protect her useless squishy ass!
I want to give Ying a slutty outfit, and parade her on a leash, while every other champion laughs at her and she begs me to let her go!
I want to rape Ying till all that's left of her is a cock hungry healslut, ready to be anyone's cumdumpster!

Ying was made for bullying!

Don't bully Ying. She is pure and adorable.

>still no games with female anthros
I will wait longer, no problem.

>game is down

I JUST WANT TO TRY YOUR SHITTY GAME HI-REZ
PIP WAS FUN IN TRAINING NOW I WANT TO BOMB NERDS AS A FURRY YOU FUCKS

>Pure and adorable
That's one of the best kind of bullying victims! Make fun of her being so ugly and useless that nobody took her virginity! Tell her that nobody thinks she's adorable, but that everybody thinks she is annoying!

Paladins is legit one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of getting excited about and going through hoops to play.

This game has the afflictions of Battleborn
>Shit, uninspired character design
>Shit map design
>Absolutely no consistency between anything
>Mashed up genre elements no one wanted put together
>Crappy game modes

to the highest degree.

Look at that fucking picture now, the previous main stars that were featured in promo material in the past are now pushed to the side for two characters that look like Tracer and Reaper from Overwatch. And that's all you get in Paladins. Shit that's like other shit but worse.

It is the blank blisterboard backed bootlegged action figure your aunt or grandma used to buy you because they didn't know any better.

Gonna give this a shot because while I'm still enamored with OW, I feel like I should try to play other FPSes and a straight OW clone seems like a good transition

Those are bots.

how do you rip mechanics from a game that has zero original or unique mechanics?

because certain characters play like others in overwatch.

:^)

how many waifu-able girls are in this game? that's all that really matters

>bots that fail to pick characters during character select.
Cool story.

>spending money is what makes people rich

They literally ruined their own game like 6 months ago. Why would anyone still play it?

No, they just made 1 update for it so investors don't think they abandon all their games

Quite a few.

Very few. You got Artemis from SMITE, Gogo from Hero 6, Jinx, and maybe one more. That's last I played though back in closed Beta. When I saw that this game was clunky garbage built piecemeal from ripped off designs mashed together worse than Battleborn's design doc.

i played the closed beta shit for it and it got really boring really fast. Also its Hi-Rez so any good thing about it will be ruined soon.

Same. Installed at noon, it's almost midnight now and I still can't play the fucking game.

global agenda 2 when

its going up and down. i got access and tried out another character just for it to crash upon exiting training and now its down again.

i just wanna learn who does what so i can pip the shit out of kids while no one knows whats going on.

>so i can pip the shit out of kids
>pip
I see what you did there user

I used to play cassie/skye competitively before they added ults and removed a ton of the cards, ruining the game.

i dont even give a shit if the game is awful, pip fucking feels great to play.

>a support that can actually defend himself

i've been waiting for this.

>It plays like one of those shitty browser based shooters and it basically ripped mechanics from Overwatch.

It begins brothers! Cred Forums has became nu-Cred Forums now

Watch next week where we accept that earthbound copied undretale, dont miss it!

Then you waited too long, furfag. Every 'Support' class except maybe one can defend themselves in Overwatch, some even excel at it, and HiRez's other game SMITE has them in abundance. Pretty much any Tank could dish out the D and Mages with Healing had nukes and beams.

Maybe what you mean is
>a character that can do everything, finally!

art when?

im talking about a character that can go toe to toe against a primarily damage dealer. im aware overwatch has these things. i also dont give a fuck

smaller maps than overwatch, similar characters (rein, pharah, hanza)

>a character that can do what another character is dedicated to doing

Right, you want someone that can do anything.

sure. pip is fun. he can heal a good amount and do a lot of damage. thats not a combo that happens often. zenyatta isnt fun but he can sure as fuck compete in damage while being able to heal. mercy is fun and can heal but fuck if she can defend herself against a reaper.

the combination of competent damage and healing often isnt fun. this is an exception. i've been waiting for this exception for a while.

RIP

I'm nor Torbjorn! I'm Borbjorn!

so tribes confirmed dead, burried and forgotten?

>Over half the cast is locked
>No way to test them out
Great.

literally retarded

grovers model looks ripped straight from sylvanus in smite.

Is it a requirement of the genre to have terrible art direction?

That's because he's the same Grover that Sylvanus rides. Grover is pulling double duty.

It was fun until they decided to make you buy the characters instead of letting them free for everyone

oh fuck i forgot sylvanus called the tree grover.

that went from lazy as fuck to neat really quick.

yes, im that easy to please.

It's the same model they use for SMITE: limited characters on a rotation, buy who you want with in-game currency or shell out for the founder's pack to get all champs for life.

When the game was in closed beta they said they want to let all the character for free for everyone like in Dota 2 because they want the game to be competitive etc.. now they changed their mind because they're greedy fucks

I remember that, too. I think it was from Drogoz onward that you would have to unlock champs.

if hi-rez is saying anything about denying money, assume they're going to back down from that idea quickly.

that being said, i can see the game being worth $20 after another couple of maps and a handful of characters.

>bots are braindead retarded until it comes down to that last little push and then they all go into MLG overdrive

So like Forced: Showdown?

Reminder that Hi-Rez gives away skins and heroes like candy. I have gotten a skin for soldier guy, fat soldier guy, fox guy, archer chick, ice chick and the dwarf at this point.

If you are interested you should google paladin giveaways, there's probably still a bunch going on.

It's because the game wasn't making any money. So the team behind paladins was told to fix it or shut it down.

So they went and copied an already profitable model they use for smite.

porn when?

>you will never have the skills as Cassie to lauch your opponent backward on 30% of your autos, juggling people against walls and throwing people off points

>you will never play spawn healing totems with Gronk's lighting, have that totem root enemies, and then have the totem do AOE damage to enemies within the radius ever again

These builds were literally the only reasons to play the game, even if the 1st one was a total meme build and the 2nd one was broken as all hell. They were definitely onto something with the card system before patch ~12 tore it all down.

I played a bit of the alpha. Playing it on Steam now, this player base makes the OverWatch fan base look like geniuses. I'm not sure how I found even bigger retards who can't stand in a glowing circle for 10 seconds.

As Grohk I will rush to the point first, put down a healing totem, and keep the enemy team at bay by myself for awhile. And instead of joining me in standing on the point which also happens to heal you AND GIVE YOU MONEY, they stay behind it and get killed by stray grenades.

Barik - Torbjorn
Fernando - Reinhardt
Makoa - Roadhog
Ruckus - D.Va
Bomb King - Junkrat
Cassie - Hanzo
Drogoz - Pharah
Kinessa - Widowmaker
Viktor - Soldier 76
Grohk - Mercy
Grover - Zenyatta
Pip - Zarya
Ying - Symmetra
Androxus - Mcree
Evie - Mei
Skye - Genji

>Pick Cassie
>Can't zoom
>Leave game and go back to playing Kinessa

Useless slut.

So it's Overwatch but good and free.

>just played this on my shitty pc
>god it looks awful
>still feels the magic of playing a shooter with mouse
>now going back to OW on ps4 will be even more painful
being a poorfag sucks

700 dmg shot with very low cooldown v. 1000 dmg shot with 2 sec cd... cmon, son

i got gifted the founders pack, refunded it because i wasnt sure if i even liked the game, now i have all the benefits of the founders pack without paying for any of it.

incoming ban

just get a job...?

everyone picks support with weak ass health

game is infuriating

>700 dmg shot with very low cooldown v. 1000 dmg shot with 2 sec cd.

In exchange you can't properly snipe.

I'm a shitty uni student, I can barely survive even with a part time job, I really don't have the money for a decent pc

just fuck off...?

Makoa - Roadhog + Winston
Cassie - Hanzo + McCree roll + Widowmaker wallhacks
Androxus - McCree + Genji
Evie - Mei + Mercy flight + Tracer blink
Skye doesn't have an OW equivalent yet.

you're

ugly

why do you need to snipe when no one can be visible more than 50 feet away

>If they're smart they should just add more waifu characters
No, no more fucking waifus, waifus are fucking cancer.

you cant stop it user.

You faggots already ruined countless series with your single minded obsession, how many more fanbases you have to rot before you feel fucking satisfied?

every single video game must contain waifus for every taste.

im not actually with em, i only use waifu as a joke. im just saying you cant do shit.

Everyone knows that waifus are what make or break these hero shooters.

is some new advanced shitposting?

That doesn't make it any less true.
Oh and here I foolishly thought it was the fucking gameplay. You know, a video game's most important aspect?

Played a few bot matches and I know it's an open beta but a lot of things lack the proper "oomph" and feedback

They're probably going to change a lot of stuff drastically if you consider how SMITE looks now compared to the beta gameplay (can look up videos of it easily).

Even the announcer? He feels so uncommanding

Not worth playing at all. Seriously.

No clue. Maybe if people complain about it enough.

The old announcer was Artemis.

>lose to bots because players cant stand on the fucking objective

holy fuck that other user was right. these kids dont even understand the concept of objectives.

The pains of F2P

how can you possibly justify this game

they literally ran away from my healing totems and ran away from my ult as grohk. like i dont understand.

>Look up gameplay
>Characters are all fucking carbon copies of Overwatch characters plus HotS mounts
Fucking Hi-Rez. I miss Global Agenda.

>It's a "Dunkey thinks his opinion matters as he acts like a faggot" video

Holy shit, post-2013 dunkey is really fucking bad.

Competition breeds success.

the mounts are just at respawn to get to the fight faster.

That sounds broken. I thought the point of spawn placement was to make getting to the fight either harder or easier for both teams. Like attacking teams are going to spawn further away from the point, giving them a way to get their faster ruins the point of that doesn't it?

the maps are a tad pointlessly big.

Fucking hell. I'm sure the mounts were their fix for that.

I feel like its the opposite in Overwatch.

If you die defending the first point, on most maps, the walk back is fucking horrendous.

God forbid you're playing as a slow character like Zarya or Roadhog. If you die on the first point, the attacking team is going to claim it way faster then you can return.

How do I Bomb King?

I have yet to see someone play him and not suck shit and I did also suck shit but after a dozen games with him I can safely say I suck less shit with him. How do I get gud?

>Random dude picks tank
>Never goes to objectives and constantly team dives and dies.
>I have to cap shit as Pip

Playing Grohk is suffering. The only time people walk into your totem to get healthy is by accident.

t.anthony burch

i put it on the point and pray they're not dumb.

hasnt worked yet.

Randy, it's time to go to bed.

Your giant stun bomb is your best friend. Nothing quite clears a point like the angry bomb.

Overwatch really is one of the best games of all time.

Buy overwatch for 39.99 (neets need not apply)
Get every single piece of dlc for here on in for free

Battleborn and paladins
>half he characters are """":unlockable"""""
>Freemium """"games""""
>gearbox voice acting
>trying to ride off the success of overwatch
>battleborn still costs $$$ and still makes you pay for characters

Every game blizzard makes, minus heroes, has been genre defining

FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ FUCK YOU HI-REZ

Put your grumpy bomb on the objective. Toss it behind Fernando's shield. When people are hit with it they get stunned and suffer more damage from your sticky bombs, so follow up and stick some motherfuckers. Use your F to bomb jump to safety.

Problem I have with him is that on 1v1s/non team fight scenarios every other damage dealer can dance around him.

His point caping powers are great but don't mean much if you don't have a proper tank actually be standing in the circle, given that you are not all the durable or agile.

>Overwatch
>Genre defining

Okay user

That's definitely one of his weaknesses. It's best to try and catch people unaware and stick them as many times as possible before detonating. If you aren't on the point try taking the flank and find where the enemy team is holed up if not on the point and drop a grumpy bomb into the crowd or their deployables.

The secret to playing Ruckus is not to play him like a tank, but rather a very heavy DPS. A two-tank game with Ruckus and someone else to do the proper tanking is insane. Solo-tank Ruckus is asking for trouble.

>two tanks
good luck finding anyone not foaming at the mouth to play damage or flank.

well, it's certainly easier on the eyes than Battleborn, and it has fuckable females

Everything is easier on the eyes than Battleborn.

I just watched the dunkey clip and holy shit there are a lot of very similar characters gameplay wise (pharah, 76, torbjorn etc)
Is it just a series of coincidences or who ripped off who? Didn;t palladins come out before?

>i can carry as a support

i fuckin love grohk.

LOOKS LIKE MOBAS ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT AS THE CANCER GENRE

TIME FOR THIS GARBAGE TO TAKE OVER FOR A DECADE

After playing one game of the Paladins i actually realised that i fucking hate the genre and it's a good thing that i did not bought the Overwatch. The Overwatch beta was not enough.
Thanks, Hi-Rez.
Jokes aside Drogoz ult feels incredible for some reason. Drogoz is pretty good in general.

Paladins offers a founders pack that costs less than half of what Overwatch does, and it gives access to all current and future characters.

> and here I foolishly thought it was the fucking gameplay.

But all the FPSs have the same gameplay anyway. Better have waifus to make people play it then.

Depends on when each game went into development. What IS known is that Paladins technically made it to the public first.

Grohk is my favorite support, and not just because he's a dopey orc shaman with a hitscan lightning staff.

Drogoz's rocket punch is a GUARANTEED one-hit-kill on whoever you clock in the head, regardless of shields or health or whatever. This makes Drogoz an excellent tankbuster since he can choose to delete whoever he wants.

Drogoz in general is really good, and I don't see enough people using him.

>Loud as fuck yell during a slow wind-up
>Relatively slow travel speed
>Stops if he takes a certain amount of damage during the charge

The punch is good on paper, but a well coordinated team will never let him actually get one off.

Which is why you scout your target, hide around the corner, start the wind-up and then come around to bash his fookin' 'ead in. Of course you'll get shot down if you do it in the open.

What's wrong with the hero shooter?

The shout makes everyone aware of you initiating the charge, and gives them a good second or two to react. It's simply not going to happen unless the enemy team makes a mistake or doesn't pay attention.

Add to that the fact that pretty much everyone in the game has a movement ability which can be used to easily evade a charging Drogoz and the punch really isn't that great.

Nah. Impulse buyer who spent 50+ on it here, the gameplay seemed nice until I realized the card system would make the game just another shitty $$$ treadmill. I'm not kidding at all when I say this: I expect Overwatch to have deeper gameplay just because there is no card bullshit that segregates the players. Even now I think Paladins could've been a great game had they just ditched the card idea pre-alpha and bet everything on making profits off Skins.

its only good for using against tanks since it does a straight 100% of their hp for damage, anyway. Most other classes you can 2 shot with just a jump and lmb

>no idea how to play
>use dragonman since he might be a melee
>end up shooting rockets
>kill lotsa shit thanks to AoE and it's a pushcart/chokepoint map

is lizardman good?

Also how pay to win is the game? I send 1400$ to the bank every month so I'm not averse to spending lotsa money on cash shop to kill shit, since the money is worthless and being eaten up by inflation anyway.

The cards cost peanuts in terms of the in-game currency and you have a basic all-rounder deck for every character to begin with.

The card system adds depth and build variety, something that Overwatch sorely lacks.

You can buy crates that contain random cards and cosmetics, but you are really better off just playing the game for the in-game currency and buy cards with that, and then use the purchasable currency to buy cosmetics you want instead of gambling with the crates.

Unless that is something that appeals to you, then knock yourself out.

Retard

>Hop on your staff and take flight!
>Haha just kidding it's a short sprint that can glide off cliffs

U wot m8? I've seen the ice bitch take off like it's a game of quidditch, circle around in the air and land on a roof.

>nearly got the payload to the end
>use the backflip on the archer chick to get some distance from a melee
>fall of the edge

can we get some fucking railings or something this shit is ridiculous

I'm really torn about the horses

But then again, that's my issue with HotS

You don't have to explain the deck system to me, I was around for that. And I disagree that cards add depth. In beta, there were often cards and card combos that were in another class compared to the ones other characters had. I think it is a very shallow way of adding depth to the game but I can understand why you might think otherwise.

Shittalker on the internet, cuckboy in real life.

I don't like having to concern myself with buying shit at spawn, the only reason it's even in the game is to appeal to moba babies

>its another lets cash in on the overwatch hero shooter with chinese $2 shop character design and tenfold the tackiness episode

Maybe you can give examples of cards that are straight up better than others?

Drogoz is good but you need to play him carefully because you have a fairly large model and don't have the health to go with it. Snipers love you.

You buy stuff only at the beginning of a round, though. It's not like you go back to base to buy stuff during the action like you do in mobas.

I mean, it is still in beta. To be honest folks should hold final judgment till it officially releases, the same company made smite and that was night and day from early beta to late beta and release.

>inb4 hi-rez shill

Pointless, really. I played many patches ago. And before I name heroes and someone chimes in with "IT'S A BETA THEY FIXED IT", that's a pathetic excuse for a recurring pattern with the balance of the game.

I remember lots of champions who were either gamebreaking or completely broken while I played, due to specific cards/card combos. A few of these might've been broken due to other reasons: Evie, Skye, Ruckus, Pip, and possibly Grohk.

in the game's defense they were working on at the same time as overwatch.

the tank + support meta in overwatch is killing it's appeal to me, should i try out battleborn or this?

its free. and only a few gigs. try it faggot.

how much is stillborn now ?

why does it have to install some type of bullshit along with the game?
fucking dropped.

Probably a few bucks. Still not worth it.

Ow the edge

is it time to start playing again? I played it for a while during the closed beta, but stopped due to work/school

>Put elf girl on the store picture
>Don't let you unlock her
The madman

Ying is temporarily removed from the game while she's reworked into a support. She'll be back next patch.

Plus, there's two elf girls: Ying and Skye.

Uh, it really doesn't. It has a higher skill ceiling, yeah, but it's much easier to get into since you don't need to remember what all the different abilities do and the game's visuals are very simple.

Completely different you fucking moron. Aside from the class system, what does Overwatch share with TF2 that other shooters don't have too?

>gremlin inside a robot

hi-rez makes good f2p games.

The problem is that they tend to murder them in cold blood soon after.

>Ying being censored

Fuck you Hirez

>yfw it turns out that Blizzard ripped off Hi-Rez and not the other way around

this

the fact some character are literally ripped straigh from overwatch is just baffling

In all actuality, it doesn't matter who does it first, but who does it best

The version of Tainted Love everyone knows is the 80s cover version, not the original 60s soul (?) song. Even the original singer concedes that their version is great

Pretty much every non MMO game has what you're looking for.

I seriously doubt that. Almost all of Overwatch's shit came from Titan including Tracer and her time abilities.

Do they really make you play vs bots without telling you they're bots now?

one is a game that can improve or get worse

the other is a zombie, a husk of its former glory

wow hard decision

I wonder if HiRez actually rightfully nerfed Androxus since the closed beta.

its like that with all f2p games, casuals flock to it and skilled players are few

>you fight bots until you reach level 5

holy fucking shit, are the devs fucking idiots?

TELL your players that or else they'll literally quit 3 games in after complete curb stomps vs a brain dead AI.

Other than a single hacking faggot, I've seen people perform with varying success with him.

None seemed OP.

But Skye is shit in everyway so it's pretty obvious they're talking about Ying when they say elf girl.