Why would anyone ever upgrade their console's firmware?

why would anyone ever upgrade their console's firmware?

also, ps4 jailbreak thread

what homebrew you running?
what homebrew are you writing?
are you still going to wait for the kernel exploit before you get into homebrew?

link to the github:
github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Antipiracy cucks who must buy everything. They're sad, sad people. Don't reply to them.

>thinks the userland exploit lets you pirate

how retarded can one man get... this exploit DOES NOT ENABLE PIRACY. the security of the system is still in place, this exploit just lets you run your own code/homebrew on the console.

Honestly man. The reason I don't do this is complete ignorance on my part. I really don't know what im doing well enough to chance bricking a system I dropped 300 buckuroos for. So there you have it. Also its nice to legitimately support some developers I like

1. the exploit does not enable piracy
2. its a webkit ce exploit, its literally impossible to brick your system

it's always 3.55, eh?

To date Sony has never made it to 4.00 firmware on any of their systems without a major exploit available.

>Psp - day fucking 1. 1.00
>Ps3 - 3.55
>Ps4 - 1.76 (3.00, 3.50, 3.55 all vulnerable to more than user land but we haven't figured it out yet)
>Vita/PSTV - 3.60 (technically 3.18-3.51/3.52)

Also the way game dumping works is easy but it's just a matter of decrypting them that makes it hard. The system is also programmed in a way to make ODE not possible so don't expect to have to buy some shitty device from cobra for this (they'll try but it won't be worth it)

>why would anyone ever upgrade their console's firmware?
Are systems updates mandatory to access anything online on PS4? Last console I had was the 360 and it wouldn't even let you sign into xbox live without updating your console.

>To date Sony has never made it to 4.00 firmware on any of their systems without a major exploit available.
Its an offshoot of FreeBSD so thats not really a surprise that people have figured out how to exploit it.

Yes. Unless it's an optional update (3.50 required, 3.55 optional) then you must be on the latest to be online (spoofer and proxies aren't implied here)

Same for vita. If you aren't on 3.61 then you won't get any psn shit (but spoofer is present so it doesn't matter)

Its not a surprise at all. Its just more of a thing to keep in mind.

Sony has some extra shit in the system to make it harder, so unfortunately the access we have is split weirdly. Kernel access usually means you can do fucking everything. In the case of the ps4 you need kernel AND SAMU access. We only have one of these and SAMU is a fory knox

I can pirate on PlayStation 4 now?

PT WHEN.

PT WHEN!?!?!

nope, but you can code for it now without having to shell out 20 million dollars to sony for licensing and a dev kit

But you still need that devkit from somewhere

Huh.
If this is a webkit exploit, doesn't it mean that it also affects other browsers that use it?
I know for sure that both firefox and chrome use chromium or something like that.
What browsers are actually using webkit engine?

I updated my vita past 360. there are still games i want to play on it that are coming out and im willing to support them if they keep porting shit from japan.

I don't need a emulation station i got an LG G4 for emulation with a bluetooth controller that mounts the phone if i need it. bigger screen higher res can emulate dolphin the Vita blows dick as an emulation station.

>im willing to support them
for the last fucking time, this ps4 exploit does not enable piracy

why is everyone so fucking retarded

Is there any way this could lead to free online multiplayer on ps4 without the need for PS+?

if there is a kernel exploit, things might be possible... right now this is just a userland exploit that lets you run homebrew/unsigned code. it does not let you fuck with the OS

now that there is a userland exploit, a kernel exploit could be found a bit easier

couldn't running unsigned code lead to piracy if a talented dev creates some kind of loader?

nope, all ps4 games are encrypted and all security systems related to decrypting and running games on the ps4 are kernel level

>Using adblock on that nice web sights
I expected more of you, user.

Alright, so what if the encryption was cracked? Could you decompile a signed app and run it as unsigned code then?

I'm honestly curious, not for piracy, but more for the fact that I'm kinda thinking about getting into this kinda stuff like messing around with consumer-level console development and stuff.