FF14 Saves MMO once more

youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo

Rest at ease lads, FFXIV has saved MMO gaming once again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8JPfQb549Eo?t=389
m.youtube.com/watch?v=De2yLOOs4pE
youtube.com/watch?v=mUzOHkTLHWs
youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k
youtube.com/watch?v=ExXhr8ch8Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=shMaev-dSFI
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg
youtube.com/watch?v=X7T0PyTc0ds
youtube.com/watch?v=zqJRnD5HuZw
youtube.com/watch?v=8JevOJeRzIk
youtube.com/watch?v=lBoB_v96YOM
youtube.com/watch?v=beUbpiGNeVc
youtube.com/watch?v=nMLl98A0v8k
youtube.com/watch?v=nBT6hOtWcfU
youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc
youtube.com/watch?v=xhZiZf0M-hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RHkMfJBDFZM
youtube.com/watch?v=bIWfW7iaj68
youtube.com/watch?v=_U1fY9LXnMk
youtube.com/watch?v=6DX3qIf4EDc
youtube.com/watch?v=8mM-nHCieSI
youtube.com/watch?v=b96rrbo-_Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI
youtube.com/watch?v=o9F0tU7-wbA
youtube.com/watch?v=-cZHfOs2XOc
youtube.com/watch?v=xdV_bzJgRxE
youtube.com/watch?v=UhDvQIqEkuI
youtube.com/watch?v=6tAkiP4WE-0
youtube.com/watch?v=BnOKdmAcSP0
youtube.com/watch?v=KhDldATuFQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=V5qwW2PTeOw
youtube.com/watch?v=CbjhzVnVY4I
youtube.com/watch?v=orvKqkgWZOc
youtu.be/8JPfQb549Eo?t=4m3s
nasomi.com
nasomi.com/status/
youtube.com/watch?v=ponfjaH6Hyc
youtube.com/watch?v=72Mqf2KBBEc
youtube.com/watch?v=1CLY_iatoE8
youtube.com/watch?v=ICxYi3O_SHc
youtube.com/watch?v=XdqXyZ7TA6A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6XobxNr_I
youtube.com/watch?v=KF5ewdq0_PM
youtube.com/watch?v=lOhP7yiM8V0
youtube.com/watch?v=Oquox8Wnag4
youtube.com/watch?v=dLRcuojE7Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=siP0syXBde4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it free? If not, fuck off.

For real though, this might be the best patch trailer for FFXIV yet, everything looks so cool.

>We are actually going to fight a small version of Alexander inside Alexander
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Nah, you're going to be re winded back to when the Alexander was being built and destroy the core. Obv.

Have they fixed the skill bloat yet?

>theme-park baby-tier 'M'MMO
>no competitive features whatsoever
>no open world PvP
>basically a single player rpg with co-op dungeons

Yeah, no, it's another wow-clone trash.

>all this comfy music

all im lookin forward to desu

>FFXIV has saved MMO gaming once again

Why couldn't XIV be XI-2?

Because that's DQX :^)

So a good game free of pvp cancer?

It was, nobody bought it.

>tfw battlefield is more of mmo than those games, becuase you actually meet more people online

go to work kolya its almost 9

Spoken like a true underageb& that's never played a true MMO.

Unfortunately, you're right.

At least private servers exist for old MMOs and some of them have huge communities.

That's not WoW tho

Holy shit, this look pretty sick

It's literally another 'follow the story and queue for dungeons with other players sometimes' pseudo-MMO. WoW was the game that popularised this trend.

Before WoW, we would grind and do world bosses and fight other groups over grind spots and said bosses and a whole group would work weeks to farm a bow for their archer and clans would fight each other over end-game bosses and castles.

I've played plenty enough to realize what matters now

Yeah it fucking sucks.
Go and fight for 12 hours a boss to get a few pennies.

why WHY ARE THERE THOSE FUCKING MIDGET LOLI RACES IN THIS GAME

otherwise id play it

Game looks fun, trying to get my girlfriend to play with me.

It looks pretty but at the end of the day it'll be the same dungeon/raid run to meet that weekly tome/loot quota and as long as XIV remains with this system I'll never get back on it. Especially if they keep nerfing your achievements so that the average retard can get a clear.

>loot quota

Whats that mean i dont play.

>static blows up 2 weeks before 3.4
>all the good players are already in their own groups

When you raid, you can only raid once a week. You need a group to raid and there are rules, my group (worlds first in T5, T9 Ragnarok) had some bullshit rule like one loot per week.

dang that lady boss looks hot

Damn sounds tubo gay is this used solely to stretch raids out?

>a whole group would work weeks to farm a bow for their archer

I'll simply never understand how people find this bit fun

Looks more like the same shit as always each patch. Not excited at all.

Yeah, when I used to play we would usually clear on the first two days. After that? I didn't had anything to do so I just logged out till the week reset which felt like a waste of sub.

Progression is fun.

And back in the day, you couldn't progress at all as a solo player.
The MMO I used to play alot, you couldn't even leave town without a group, going anywhere without buffs and heals was suicide. Buffers and healers also had absolutely no offensive capabilities, only supporting ones. Basically, you either grouped up or didn't play.

>wasn't expecting Alexander Prime since day one of the raid
No fucking shit they're going to follow the same formula, it's fucking FFXIV, the most formulaic MMO ever created.

Alexander raid is finally over? I'm resubbing. I need to fight Alexander.

what's the pic from?

Because there's no attunement or any sort of process needed to unlock it. Weekly lockouts has always been a thing because all MMOs were designed as time vampires.

No one is willing or has time to do all that stuff now. Those early MMOs were designed near the advent of the internet and children or teens with plenty of time played the shit out of them. The current MMO community will never embrace anything that takes effort to complete anything. You can just look to current WoW as to how the most strenuous thing outside of raid is sending out your followers.

>It was

I don't understand why people purposely give into pointless drama right before a content patch drops.

They can simply remove the immense grinding factor and keep all the competing over bosses, competing over farm spots and competing over end-game castles and epic bosses.

There's a certain old MMO that gets tens of thousands of players on it's more popular private servers and thousands on it's less popular ones. And that game still has the immense grind.

youtu.be/8JPfQb549Eo?t=389

did they get keiichi okabe to do some music here?

What, Ragnarok Online? That's like the only MMO I remember outside of WoW that has multiple pservers and players to sustain them.

Lineage 2.
I doubt any other game has this kind of private server population.
People playing older versions of the game on privates far exceed the amount of people playing the casualised retail server.

Statics. Not even once.

Well then, seems like Garuda will finally be dethroned as the sexiest female primal/boss.

sounds awful

It still has and will forever have point and click combat

I wonder why WoW got popular with such exciting games like those out, user. I can't play the game AT ALL on my own? Sounds like a blast.

You sound awful

L2 is hella easy to be successful at depending in server rates, hella comfy, and most importantly free and hella easy to get running

Or, you know, you can do it like literally everyone else and find a group ingame.
I've stuck with the same group for over 6 years.

And don't forget, the best PvP system ever conceived in an MMO.
Seriously, why don't other MMOs copy that system, it's amazing in it's simplicity.

What server do you play on?

>find a group ingame
And be completely subject to their schedules and quite literally not be able to progress in the game without having them present?

No thanks.

>GoD releases
>free to play
>all that hype
>it was shit
I still almost shed nostalgia tear while doing dual class quest.
Then I fell for Classic L2. It did more right than wrong, but the way fucking Stun and status effects worked completely killed it for me.
Interlude was possibly best chronicle. Hellbound was fun (nukers with +150 elements), but kamaels were hella gay. At least they forced daggers to stop running with -10 str.

It's not like random groups don't exist. But organised groups will always achieve more. Those organised groups are the ones that gonna be dictating server economy, server politics, etc etc.

Interlude best chronicle indeed. I also fell for the GoD meme, what a disaster that was, I was back to playing Interlude mid-rates withing a month.
Currently on a Gracia lowrate, having tons of fun with my mates.

Plenty of Interludes still around. There's a decent low-rate opening in the end of the month and there are always tons of mid-rates, with customs or not.

Just watched it. Looks great. I'll probably resub for the story and to upgrade my relic weapon. I only needed one more Aether oil before my sub ran out.

>only needed one more Aether oil
>He doesn't know about the 240 step.

Is there any song in FFXIV that's as good as Misareaux Coast in FFXI? If there is, I'll subscribe.

For reference: m.youtube.com/watch?v=De2yLOOs4pE

I understand it's a bitch to do but I don't really care.

>Aether oil

Next relic requires thousands of esoterics and some other form of grinding (blue scrip tokens, moonstones, shitty materia, etc). Good luck user.

Anyone who uses anything but Amber-encased Vilekin is doing it wrong.

>Best PCP system ever conceived

HaHaHaHaHa

>What is DAoC

Hell I'll go one tier deeper

>What is Shadowbane

If you were worth picking up, someone in your old group would've recommended you to their new group. Git gud.

God, every time I see the character models I just cant help but remember how utterly, fucking autistic 90% of the playerbase is. I just cant help thinking about RP faggots, furrys, tryhards, whiteknights, fedoras (all those retards running around with the "atheist" title) neckbeards, weeaboo trash and general autists. Never did a playerbase managed to ruin a whole fucking game to me. I really wish there where a server with mainly decent, normal people who just play the fucking game without going full autist.

Never playe DAOC, but wasn't it using a faction system?
Dunno about Shadowbane.

I doubt either of them has the amazingly simple but yet endless in options system L2 has.

Did mine with gathering/crafter tokens just cause they're really easy and cheap to get. Finished that part in about two days, the umbrites took forever.

As someone that never played a MMORPG that requires a monthly fee, would you recommend this? I always wanted to play this but the monthly fee puts me back

>all these buzzwords for people without actually playing anything

there's a reason you don't have friends.

Depends, are you looking for comfy or hype?

Excuse yourself right now.

Answer my question FFXIV players. I'd the music/atmosphere as good as it was in FFXI or no?

music yes, athmosphere no.

Both are fine, I fucking loved the music in FFXI, of both kinds. Sanctuary of Zitah, the Ark Angels fight theme, Sauromugue Champaign, the battle theme in the CoP areas. It was all fucking great. Is FFXIV similar in that respect?

No it's a really bad game with a terrible community. The people who hype it up here are the same people that will defend FFXIII and will say anything tobget you to buy SE's game.

Hm.... I've been looking for an MMO to play mostly because I just miss FFXI which was the last real one I played 2-3 years ago. Does it come close in terms of fun? Similar friendly community and shit like that?

FF14 sucks, dont bother. Just download the soundtrack, its what I do.

Nothing will ever touch your nostalgia, but there's definitely some good pieces on XIV. Snowcloak, Ramuh, Great Gubal Library, and Bismarck immediately spring to mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=mUzOHkTLHWs
youtube.com/watch?v=shMaev-dSFI

Yeah, but RDM when?

It only require 24k Esos.
It's easy hahahahahaha117/240 fucking kill me alreadyhahahahahaha

>takes 2 hours till you get to kill your first mob in the game
>for this time you have to go through the most disgusting japanese writing
>gameplay is clunky as fuck
>filled with weeb cancer

I guess it's good as some kind of cancer containment game though, so keep playing and hf.

>more and more mikittens
How can hyur and elezen kids even compete

Old 210 step needed 27k eso AND poetics.

240 was nothing.

Please name a few games you like.

I though we were going to interact with pink mi'qitten.

>took them 3 years to include dueling
>still the same boring raids and dungeons
>nothing else of value

What are they saving exactly?

>finally doing the Stage 3 Anima Weapon quest now that they made Esoterics easy to get and cut the amount needed to buy materials by a ton
>find out Stage 5 requires spending a fuckton of esoterics

I don't even have my Lore armor yet. I fucking hate this JUST LET ME HAVE GOOD WEAPONS THAT ARENT ANIMA REEEEEE I'm fucking tired of running around with fucking Deathbringer

I'm sorry user, but it's true.
Echidna was a pretty high competitor in term of ass, but Goddess just blow Garuda completely, she's way out of her league.

>I hate this

Quit chasing the carrot on a stick and quit the shit game. They have you addicted and you don't even like it.

>Duels
Excellent, late as fuck but still glad they're here
>more Alexander Cheesy Gordita crunches
People won't like it for the exact same reason, non interesting fights, goblins make for extremely poor "ultimate enemies" will obviously be very challenging though
>same old 4 mans, with multiple reskinned bosses in the trailer
Yay garuda and living liquid flame edition
>Palace of the dead
A decent idea that could use more love
>story
Woo
>new primal
Seems a bit plain but will still be liked just because of tits

Honestly seems pretty 5/10 to me. Guess I'm jaded?

havent played since 3.2
whats with joe and the heroes of darkness?
who is the big bad now that the dragonsong war is done

I need to figure these things out before the expansion announcement next month

The music and gameplay doesn't seem bad, for some reason though both remind me more of PSO than FFXI.

That weekly journal thing gives gear better than ironworks?

What the FUCK yoshi. I just got done penta melding this shit cause I thought it was the last crafting gear until the expansion.

>they have you addicted and you don't even like it

Not really, I go days without playing which in a sense is wasting my sub but whatever. I actually really hate the grind, which is funny because I'm playing an MMO. I'm one of those people who plays catch up.

Like, now that the new armor is being introduced, I'm gonna be getting my Lore armor.

3.4 will give us craftable 250 weapons, hope you have money oy vey.

I'm rich as shit so I can probably afford that.

But that's all if I can even stomach getting my weapon to 240 in the first place.

>its a 2 dungeons ang 10 filler quests patch episode

Is dat sum Ark I see there

>It was

Who cares about duels when the game is so autistic about having to perform the exact same rotations in skills to do any damage.

All the fights will be the same.

>Not loving Cloud of Darkness's secret cute toesies and tiny tight tushy

>Currently on a Gracia lowrate, having tons of fun with my mates.
I really want to like Gracia, but I can't, because of just 2 reason:
1) The penalty on 'red mobs' past lv70. Fuck that. best part of being nuker was always going to those stronger areas early.
2) The nerfed to hell spawn rate on Isle of Prayer.
That said, I just realised L2 rewarded many different party combinations. Solos were pain in the ass past some point always, but decent duos could farm some spots. Trios were a thing as well. Full archer parties with buffers were a thing. AoE meele parties, AoE nuker parties.
With revamped pets you could play solo/duo even more efficently. Fucking SWS/BD with Great Wolf. Making spoiler for MONEY, though amount of mats for recipes was skyrocket high. The only thing that I disliked was the fact you needed recipe to craft something, but dwarf needed to have been tought said recipe earlier anyway.
I still sometimes log in to that one Interlude server that is almost 1,5 year old right now.

>Cloud of Darkness has a fully modeled ass and feet

I'm glad someone else noticed.

Brute Justice does Shadow Damage.

Okay thank you for that irrelevant reply

You're welcome

I don't play XIV but I watch every trailer just to see the monster designs/redesigns
I need an artbook of that shit really badly

BIG

EIKON

TITTIES

i dont think dueling really has a point of being in this game when some jobs have so much more power output than other jobs in both defence and attack

More Akihiko Yoshida is the only reason XIV should continue to exist, his art is always on point.

Is Palace of the Dead worth it to resub to this egregiously safe, inoffensive, tapioca as fuck MMO? It reminded me of Salvage, from a certain other Final Fantasy MMO that actually had a pair, so I was interested in this for the first time in many months.

I think all of the primal themes after the first 3 are pretty good, as long as you don't mind some of them being a little corny (Shiva and Sephirot in particular). They actually try and provide completely different genres that match that particular primal/fight. They also usually have 2 distinct parts for the first and second half of the fights. The first 3 are just generic metal, though.

Or the full fucking sentai theme that is Brute Justice. Goddamn, so glorious and cheesy.

Potd is boring

Hahah, yeah that is pretty fucking glorious and cheesy. I dig it, it's definitely different but not necessarily bad.

Not him but that bumms me out a lot

Why can there not be any fun 4 man content?

Why does all 4 man have to be reskinned garbage and faceroll easy?

>The first 3 are just generic metal, though.
>Ifrit
>Metal
youtube.com/watch?v=X7T0PyTc0ds
>Garuda
>Metal

Nigga what the fuck are you smoking? do you have shit in your ears?

>still no DPS parser (only you can see and only your own DPS so no one gets offended)
>another update with more of the same
>4.0 will probably be the same, just in a bigger scale

I really used to like FFXIV (actually I still do, which is why Im so pissed), but damn does it get stale. Its always the same shit. I thought they learned their lesson with 1.0.

OFFICIAL PRIMAL MUSIC POWER RANKINGS
TOP TIER
>Garuda
>Ravana

HIGH TIER:
>Ramuh
>Leviathan
>Titan
>Steps of Faith
>Thordan

MID TIER:
>Ifrit
>Bismarck
>Thornmarch

POWER GAP

BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TIER:
>Shiva

Titan's theme is so onpoint tho.
Like, it fit so well with the fight.

The only reason they don't want to put an official parser is because people would use it to shit on the fuckers who want to get carried.
And hurting the feelings of shitters is a big no no for Square Enix.

>Shiva so low
>Ifrit so high

Given the game, I can't say I am surprised. Oh well, it was a long shot, but XIV continues to disappoint, to operate merely at the acceptable level of things, never ever trying to strive for excellence. Hate to say it, but I really miss patch 1.23.

Damn, the Ifrit one is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=lBoB_v96YOM

Honestly I kinda forgot what Ifrit even was because all of his fights are so stupidly easy. And metal was probably the wrong word for Garuda, too. I just meant it more as generic distorted guitar wailing.

>enjoying J Rock bullshit over an orchestral score

Get this hothead outta here. CAPTCHA: SELECT ALL IMAGES WITH A BILLBOARD

YOUR FUCKING FOREHEAD NIGGER

>YOUR FUCKING FOREHEAD NIGGER

>The only reason they don't want to put an official parser is because people would use it to shit on the fuckers who want to get carried.
Literally make one only you can see. I remember seeing a screenshot of a dev(?) playing it and there was a parser in the chat. Seeing your own DPS isnt hurting anyone but yourself if you realize how shit you DPS is.

I remember my first time playing with a parser and how disappointed I was. I tried to git gud and I became good. Thanks to a parser the community got one shitty DD less. Im pretty sure it would help anyone if you where able to see your own DPS. How else are you supposed to get better and get a general grasp of how youre doing. And no, SSS isnt a good replacement. It helps, yes, but its still lacking detail.

jesus christ user you didn't need to fucking attack him like that

Not gonna lie this looks pretty good. I'm still not in the mood to play MMOs though.

Honestly the J-rock is perfectly fitting for the anime magical girl Shiva is, especially in 3.0.

The first half is pretty great, too, though.

Those wolves.
Currently farming Ketra for Varka ally part 2 for 3rd class quest on my SK, boxing a WC and a BD with my Fenrir.
Without wolves, an SK wouldn't even dream of doing Ketra solo.

I'll recommend you try out L2Sublimity when it comes out, it's an interlude mid-rate that always draws in old school players.

>Thordan not in top

Nigga what the fuck is wrong with you?

>Just heard about that FFXIV event on PSO2
>Search it on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=beUbpiGNeVc
>Mfw
Oh wow, that's fucking neat.
They even add the mechanics of FFXIV into the fight too, that's some love they are showing.

I wonder if that means we'll be visited by Falz or get a concert of Quna in FFXIV?

Thanks for that, gives me a good idea of the game. I like it, it's not FFXI but I like the aesthetic of the game a lot.

>we'll be visited by Falz or get a concert of Quna in FFXIV?

Nope, enjoy your Yo-Kais.

Once again, it does nothing. Same boring, grinding tedium. New stuff looks fun and flashy but it'll get old just as fast as everything else and, in a month's time, people will be crying for new content. They won't change their formula because there's enough people paying to play it as-is, so they figure nothing's wrong. Hildebrand will likely be the only "fun" thing to come this update.

The dungeons look nice but will get old fast.
The bosses will just be recycled mechanics.
New set of tomes when tomes are already fucking stupid.
Rest is bells and whistles, not even QOL.

If there's one thing SE knows how to do, it's presentation. Everything LOOKS really great and interesting. That's as far as it goes, though. A shame too, since I had fun with it from release to just after Heavensward but even then it was all grind and nothing really engaging.

>Try to get into FF14
>Everything is super gorgeous and a treat to look at
>Running around a town
>Oh man I wan't to get down there and explore over there
>Oh, I cant climb over this railing for some reason, I'll just go around
>Invisible walls, everywhere
>Everything is just skyboxes in the background
I was so heartbroken it hurt.

>mfw resubbing for another month to see the new content before going back to WoW
I just get burned out so quickly in FFXIV anymore. I can't quite figure out why, though.

Maybe so but it's likely due to knowing how SE works its' shit in this game and how uninteresting it'll all eventually be when it comes out.

what the fuck is this shit? It looks fucking terrible

>wahhh getting a relic is hard

faggots, getting something for free is the least satisfying feeling in the world. At least work for something good you entitled babbys

>almost 200mil so not poor or rich
>got full set of melded ironworks
>got several friends who also have fully melded ironworks for the other crafting specialists

Going to get all the crafted sets and weapons

>In a FC with 5 other people
>Everyone of us have full ironworks melded
>I'm the gatherer who get everything for everyone
>We can literally craft anything we want without problem
Ezpz.

>played for a year and a half before quitting
>bought heavensward and 30 day subscription
>it's the same old shit
I have 20 days left and I am suffering buyers remorse. I hate MMOs

>People actually asking if XIV has good music
>People think i'll ever add Shiva Phase 1 to this list

Ifrit
youtube.com/watch?v=nMLl98A0v8k

Titan

Garuda

Ultima Weapon
youtube.com/watch?v=nBT6hOtWcfU

Good King Moggle Mog
youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

Leviathan
youtube.com/watch?v=xhZiZf0M-hQ

Ramuh

Shiva
youtube.com/watch?v=RHkMfJBDFZM

Odin
youtube.com/watch?v=bIWfW7iaj68

Cloud of Darkness
youtube.com/watch?v=_U1fY9LXnMk

Nael deus Darnus
youtube.com/watch?v=6DX3qIf4EDc

Phoenix
youtube.com/watch?v=8mM-nHCieSI

Bahamut
youtube.com/watch?v=b96rrbo-_Ik

Ravana
youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI

Bismarck
youtube.com/watch?v=o9F0tU7-wbA

Thordan
youtube.com/watch?v=-cZHfOs2XOc

Sephirot
youtube.com/watch?v=xdV_bzJgRxE

Manipulator
youtube.com/watch?v=UhDvQIqEkuI

Brute Justice

Echidna
youtube.com/watch?v=6tAkiP4WE-0

Nidhogg at the Final Steps of Faith

What's the song that plays during Nidhogg's dragoon phase?

>oblivion

dont be a faggot user post the actual theme that got me into this game

youtube.com/watch?v=KhDldATuFQ4

youtube.com/watch?v=V5qwW2PTeOw

Nevermind the video but could anyone tell me what's the song playing in the background?
youtube.com/watch?v=CbjhzVnVY4I

youtube.com/watch?v=orvKqkgWZOc

man this music is amazing.
not only is it good by itself but it also makes me remember the good times ive had clearing it.
like phase 2 of sephirot when that music kicks in and you know the real fight just begun

The thing I really like about FFXIV music is that some encounter mechanics are somewhat synched to it. Like in A8 where the double rocket punch happens near a certain tune nearly every time.

>Matoya
Fucking hell, I was sure I heard it before.
That remix is seriously great!

Holy shit whine more.

Great contribution. You're a credit to the internet.

WoD have basically showed up to harass you a couple times, it's hinted that they've killed Primals before and therefore possess an Echo-like power granted by Zodiark. They're also tied to this concept that Hydaelyn's power is slowly dwindling down to nothing.

Not sure yet, although it seems like they're winding up WoD and Ascians to be involved with some Ala Mhigger conspiracy.

There's also Unukulhai, who unlocks Warring Triad fights for you and has some or other major beef with the Empire.

It honestly feels like they're going to wrap up the Warring Triad/Empire stuff as a subplot while they build towards the next xpac.

That sounds like fucking garbage

>that Goddess
>that theme

>They're also tied to this concept that Hydaelyn's power is slowly dwindling down to nothing.
There's something I never quit understood with this.
On one hand, you have this problem that Hydaelyn is getting weaker and weaker.

On the other hand, you have the Ascians complaining that the WoL and Hydaelyn are getting too strong and cause an unbalance for Zodiark.

Am I missing something?

>catfucker is also a horsefucker

Lol

>that tomestone gear
AHAHAHAHAH

>literally a trenchcoat and fedora on the right

Is this really the Tomestone gear? The axe is kinda nice.

I fucking hate that Healer hate.

I'm probably going to go for that Indian gear set tho.

All of Hydaelyn's power is slowly seeping into the WoL and giving them god powers
The WoL will eventually become the new Light Primal

>clothes in games are fucking retarded
brand news
not like it didn't happen the last 30 years

I think it's like the WoL is getting too strong, but Hydaelyn herself is getting too weak. The WoL just fights dudes, Hydaelyn has to support every living creature on the planet and etc.

My problem with the music is that it's basically just the primal themes that are memorable.

One thing though, it's been a long time since Healer gear wasn't literally just a white recolor of caster gear.

Unless that's just the female version of it and the male version is the caster in the middle but white.

I guess that make more sense.

I wonder if we will have another episode without Hydaelyn blessing because her power would have ran out?

If only it was exclusive to the fedora job pld but mch is a good second.

I'll admit I was expecting Sophia to look like shit but I'm overall pretty impressed.

I was really hoping we'd fight her last though. Also since she starts with the monster head I'm really wondering what the final phase change will be, considering Sephirot's was hype as fuck

>That Alexander theme
>That Xelphatol theme
>That Godess theme

Soken is god.

Also,

>Ark

I don't know why Square suddenly seems to remember there being an FF between VIII and X, but I sure as fuck ain't complaining.

>those textures
>CURRENT YEAR
PS3 was a mistake

lol dude you say this but it's still one of the better looking MMOs

Only good thing about this game anymore is the music.

We still haven't seen Goddess' behind. I'll give you that Sophia's front is yet unmatched, but Garuda might still be the Queen of Callipygianness.

>mfw player characters will never have proportions anywhere close to either of them

>Am I missing something?

Why would you assume that they're both telling the truth?

Since it's become a rule for Legatus to be referencial to Final Fantasy villains (Nael was the 7th Legion Legatus and is notSephiroth, Regula is the 6th Legion Legatus and is notKefka) I'm wondering who the 9th Legion Legatus will be and how gay he'll be

>mfw titan extreme back in the day when it was relevant

Fucking perfection right there. Why did Heavensward fuck everything up so bad?

>Those new Hive weapons

HNNNNNGH why didn't they make the originals like that!!!!???

>>Those new Hive weapons
Link?

Because now we need to have faceroll easy content your grandma can do and an extreme version only poopsocking raid groups can think of clearing.

In the trailer: youtu.be/8JPfQb549Eo?t=4m3s

Look at the gear the players have

>Healer gear isn't just caster gear but white
Moving the right direction again

I'm assuming it's the original but with a butterfly particle effect?

also
>why didn't they make the originals like that!!!!???

so crafters can be jewish and relevant

Fuck crafters man! I was looking at the prices for the Expanse weapons and they jew like 3.5 million profit on my server. I'd make it myself but I would need to make the gear to make the weapon.

Will 4.0 be more of the same shit except even worse or will it actually save the game? Not played since 3.2 but would seriously consider picking up the expac if they add Dancer class and make the game not shit

DO I need Heavensward to play this content? How much am I missing by holding out on Heavensward till endgame?

Let me know when they actually make classes that are fun to play.

The Great Gubal Library has my favorite theme in the game.

Aside from Palace of the Dead, all of that content requires Heavensward. You should be starting Heavensward the second you've completed the Main Scenario Quest in the base game.

Thats not a primal, it's the goddess like sephirot.

So when they previously introduced a new tomestone tier, did you get to keep your old ones? I probably have to switch jobs with 3.4 and I think of just keeping my current Lores so I have a little bit less to grind as I assume that prices are gonna drop too.

>FFXIV
I've been tempted to try this out.
How good/shit is this game for someone coming in midway in the game's lifespan?

>How much am I missing by holding out on Heavensward till endgame?

How are you planning on getting to 60 without going through Heavensward? And even then, you'll have like 15 hours of quests to do after hitting the level cap if you wait until the last raid tier before starting.

It's the same exact coat except the coats bottom is closed and a different hat, thats all.

Gearing up is pretty easy once you hit max level. There's a ton of casual groups raiding that don't require you to have infinite knowledge of previous raids so getting a group isn't too hard either if you aren't a full fucking retard.
Everything else isn't really affected by coming in midway.

Why are all the bosses in this game on generic circle/square platforms? That's pretty boring, desu.

Are you even looking? the collars are completely different, and the healer has a cravat while the caster has a tie.

Healer gloves also go under the sleeve while caster's is over.

they're different. ugly, but different.

It's pretty boring to play. It feels as though the devs are so worried about class balance that they forgot to make them fun to play. All you have to do is max main stat, and stack crit/haste/determination. There's no depth to gear choices, as there's nothing that modifies your abilities. Even the relic weapon that you spend dozens of hours working on is nothing more than a stat stick with a pretty skin.

If you don't have anyone to play with, you aren't likely to make it past the first 30 levels. It's a real slog to get through, especially alone.

PS3 limitations

>stack crit/haste/determination

This undertale nigga

Usually, how it goes is:

-The new tomestones will be on a weekly lockout
-The ones that are currently on a weekly lockout become the ones that don't have any lockout
-The ones that aren't on a weekly lockout cannot be earned anymore, but the current amount you have is saved and can be exchanged for the ones not on a weekly lockout (at a poor rate)
- Any older tomestones from the same expansion get wiped completely from the game

So, as it stands:
- Lore tomestones will lose their weekly lockout, and you'll get to keep them
- Esoterics tomestones cannot be earned anymore, and you'll be able to exchange those you still have left for lore at an unfavorable rate
- Law tomestones will be wiped from the game entirely

>Even the relic weapon that you spend dozens of hours working on is nothing more than a stat stick with a pretty skin.

Hell, relic weapons have never been BiS except the Zodiac Zeta and even then it was pointless. They're just pretty show-off gear. Liberties taken when I say "pretty"

Wait? They finally fixed that godawful gcd?

This is insane really, both XIV and XI had probably some of the best soundtrack ever made for FF games, and maybe games in general.

Yet because it's an MMO it's mostly locked behind extreme content like hard raids and dungeons, which means the majority of people never get to hear them.

That's depressing, this music is art. Nobuo is a genius but he should really work on more projects. Like the main FFs.

The gcd was always lower than 2.5 sec. Thats what you get for not actually playing the game and finding out for yourself.

>Bunch of flashy scripted shit and cosmetics

wowee

There's a ton of content, and most of it is still being run since it's either in roulettes that give desirable rewards, or there's good rewards for running it with newbies. So you shouldn't have much trouble getting groups for older content.
Since there's a lot content out, there's a fuckton to do; the story alone will probably take you weeks.
Most of the complaints you'll be seeing are from jaded autists that don't know how to take a break from a game. Some of them are valid, but none are relevant for a newbie since everything will be new to you anyway, so the routine that bothers most people hasn't set in yet.

given that 3.0 was exactly the same as 2.0, any chances of this game ever changing significantly are dead. All new classes will be stripped down to fit neatly into their established role system, and every patch will be two dungeons and one raid until the end of time

>make a FF mmo
>not set in Ivalice
>can't at least play as a moogle

Yeah I tried to play the game by myself and got to level 19 before I quit out of boredom

It's embarrassing that a game this modern is more boring than FFXI

>There's a ton of content

It's too bad that none of it is actually any fun to do.

>It was

No seriously, I know you're trolling but FUCK YOU.

I remember being so hyped for FFXIV when it was first announced.

>Oh shit, FFXI just upgraded

I don't know what is more disappointing. Me when I played FFXIV 1.0 beta or me when I went and bought FFXIV 2.0, thinking they fixed the shit.

I'd play it I honestly just don't like the sub. If I knew how to manage my video game time I'd probably get another sub but I have so many games. Last time I subbed to it three times. I barely played it each month.

>MCH has their ammo box turned off on that character.
It's funny that they basically admit it looks like shit that they leave it out in promo images like this.

Meanwhile, still no way to turn it off in game and it dyes terribly.

If you actually played 11 you would know that most attacks take way longer than 2.5 seconds. You have to wait for the atb fill to take your action then you have to wait for the atb again before the attack will actually come out. 11 autists caught red handed go play your dead fucking game if you love it so much, i hear you can solo literally everything with beastmaster now.

Basically i've been planning to get to level 50 THEN get Heavensward. If I was able to survive the absolute slog that was leveling up in this game surely Heavensward would be worth my time by then.
I'm just making sure Heavensward is only endgame and I don't miss anything by not buying it right now (lvl 24 atm).

Where did you pull that arbitrary number from? That's what you get for not actually reading posts and living in denial. The whole game, from combat to travel to UI to dialogue is sluggish, poorly optimized garbage with the saving grace of looking nice and a FF bestiary.

same with being able to disable gauss barrel which they added a while back.

Still waiting on my egi glamours though

>FFXVI saving anything, including themselves

Because it's shit with a pretty coat of paint.

3.0 wasn't exactly the same
it was everything from 2.0 except worse - raid is shit, 1 less expert dungeon, crafters now need to grind tomestones etc etc

The thing that irks me about the disable gauss barrel command is that its clientside for you only.

Which personally defeats the point for me - if I dont like it enough that I dont wanna see it, I dont want other people seeing it as well.

The thing is you need to get to level 50 just to finish 2.0 content. then 2.1->2.5 story content is all level 50, which if you have heavensward you get some experience for.

He's not trolling, though. Your autistim and nostalgia are just prevent you from remembering what a piece of shit XI always was.

>If you actually played 11 you would know that most attacks take way longer than 2.5 seconds.

Even my shitty geared DNC in FFXI attacks more than once a second.

PS3 LIMITATIONS

Don't know why don't they just remove it completely and change the name to Gauss mode or whatever.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone said they like Gauss Barrel.

How does more 1.5s global cd tab spam mmo save the genre?

Guess that settles it, if I get to 50 I buy Heavensward.

Anyways, what's the quickest way to maxlevel?

I've been playing it for a week and I swear if it wasn't for god-tier music and artstyle I would shoot myself. Been grinding on Guildhests too. When do I get to do these fucking dungeons?

Nobuo didn't do most of these. It was Soken who worked on the majority of the new soundtrack for FF XIV.

The references to previous villains are usually subtler than just giving them the same personality, I think a 9th legatus might make artificial soldiers or something like that, similar to the black mages.

They should really drop PS3 support already. The single biggest reason everything is being held back.

No one cares about this platform anymore, and autistic PS3 fags are holding everything back. You have money to pay 12 dollars a month for one game, then you have money to buy a used PS4 or something. Just stop fucking everyone over.

>tfw 4.X patches will have one dungeon apiece
>running the same dungeon every day for five months

Do the story, the first dungeon is at 15 and then a new one pops up every 2-4 levels usually.

>they dropped PS3 support
>suddenly new PS4 limitation excuse

>this insecurity
>this anger
lol is Cred Forums so underage now that having played FFXI is seen as something to doubt?

Anyways, FFXI was much more engaging right off the bat because as soon as you finished killing worms and rabbits and hit level 9~10, you had to go off and find a party to level with. You had to travel a long way to reach the spot where other people had come to look for parties. You had to buy yourself new gear, which wasn't cheap and money was very hard to come by.

You had to play your role well or risk getting your party wiped. The combat system was slow but methodical and it gave you time to socialize with your PT members.

Basically FFXI was an actual MMO where the game heavily encouraged you to interact with other players as often as possible.

This is the complete opposite in FFXIV where you are on a themepark right from level 1 and mindlessly do quests without ever having to worry about things like difficulty and other players. The leveling experience in FFXIV is basically a really shitty single player MMO.

In FFXI the leveling progression was every bit as important as the end game, some would say even more so.

There's a rumor saying support is getting dropped when 4.0 launches so at least there's that

Lmao fucking upgrade your pc gramps, this shit literally runs on a 2013 toaster. Use your disability allowance from your autism to get a better pc.

XIV is okay, but it's just nothing exciting.

The main issue is that it is severely held back by having to also run on a console.

This is a 14 thread, WoW thread is down the corridor to the right.

>Expert Roulette is 1 dungeon

>If it wasn't for the god-tier music and artstyle I would shoot myself.

You do realise that the game isn't actually going to get better right?

>ff14 is not tab spam holy trinity with a big global cd

kek

Just arrived at Limsa Luminsa but my autism forces me to obtain every class like some retard.

I guess I'll just keep going.

Great joke. Just watching OPs trailer you can clearly see everyone just standing there like spastics, swinging weapons every other second. Even fucking wow has a better flow and pace. And here:
>Even fucking wow has a better flow and pace.
saved you the trouble of not making an argument.

>PSO2 got the Odin fight as crossover material along with some AF gear
>XIV still hasn't gotten shit

I mean I don't expect anything beyond a Rappy minion anyways

>250k subs

wew lad

Well the dungeons and raids look fun and gear looks sexy so why the fuck not? Anything to stop grinding like a bitch

No, 11 was a chat box with a pretty UI, thats all. Literally everyone spent more time talking to their linkshell than actually playing the game mostly due to the 10 seconds it would take to actually cast or attack anything. Money was an issue because no one wanted to run any content, they'd rather play idleIRC. Yeah playing your role is something thats totally forgotten in 14 right? I'm sure you have shit tons of low cd heal spells or hate generators right? Fuck off.

>forced to kiss people's asses and grind for hours and wait around for hours
>all that tedious shit
>fun

kys

I like it, it looks cool if you dont expect too much realism from the weapon design, and just appreciate it for what it is.

Also I suspect it's a neat throwback to pic related.

That was Shiva for me.

>wowfags shitposting
>XIfags shitposting

Why?

>If you haven't beaten the Binding Coil you will receive a shorter story

Been trying to find a party for unsynced lv60 coil for a while for the 3.4 story for a while now.

Reeee

At least there will be some when 3.4 launches

The problem with the Gauss barrel is that it wasn't designed with any particular gun in mind, and just had one generic design.

So you equip a really stylized gun or one that has a very specific motif and wow the gauss barrel looks even more like garbage.

I don't think people would mind as much if for example, they equipped the Shiva gun and the gauss barrel for it was made entirely of ice.

t. underage retard who never played 11

More fun than themepark trash like XIV.

FFXI had 500k active subscribers for years.

XIV is barely above 100k and declining every day

Don't be angry at me because your shitty themepark clone is dying :^)

>Implying

No, it's just that even the average Cred Forumsirgin wasn't autistic enough to play Tanaka's skinner box.

>In FFXI the leveling progression was every bit as important as the end game, some would say even more so.

A huge part of leveling progression in XI consisted of grinding the same crab mobs for literal several real-life days, doing the exact same set of actions every single time.
To say nothing of the "endgame" where most classes were actually played more efficiently by bots, because at least bots don't fall asleep using one or two debuffs and then using subjobbed spot heals or just straight up going afk.
Please pull the plug on your life the same way Squeenix has pulled the plug on your shit game.

>they equipped the Shiva gun and the gauss barrel for it was made entirely of ice.
I mean, they gave BRD special quiver for certain weapons but specific GB was too much work?
The lunchbox doesn't even change either.

>make a bait OP
>don't expect shitposting

Wew

It's pretty obvious you're just parroting shit from you heard on other people say about 11.

Do the world a favor and kill yourself

>bait OP
>not a sarcastic jab

>weeks to farm a bow for their archer
Seems enjoyable as fuck.

This looks like all the gear from when I quit 2 years ago just recolored, is there nothing new in this game?

Gauss barrel looks decent with PvP revolver.

>I mean, they gave BRD special quiver for certain weapons but specific GB was too much work?

Special quivers AND arrows.

The arrows for the Berimbau for example are only fletched on one side and basically have bows on them (ie: the thing you use on a violin or cello)

They are just recycling shit for their underage subscribers to mindlessly eat up

>given that 3.0 was exactly the same as 2.0, any chances of this game ever changing significantly are dead

3.0 has the largest areas of the game and PS3 struggle A LOT when playing on HW.

My guess, 4.0 will drop PS3 and we will see major changes on boss mechanics, classes (GIVE THE SUMMONER SUMMONING FUCKING POWERS ALREADY) and world exploration.

That's MY guess.

>limited apartments
>same size as FC's room
>people with houses can purchase one

>no ilvl sync on dueling
>need to make a 3rd party to spectate the other 2 parties for PvP (in a match that will end within 3-5 minutes.

That revolver is perfect as is.

Gauss Barrel can fuck off

>that yorkshire ascian
this has got to be one of the worst official dubs I have ever heard now

>Even fucking wow has a better flow and pace
You were saying?

Considering half the skills don't respect the GCD..it's doing good.

So we are all on the same page that XIV is shit

WoW fags are insecure about any other MMO considering Legion was outright shit and the patches are actually killing it.
XI is dying whilst Square Enix stop working on it altogether

>Ascian

I really don't even know what to think. I mean we can either have this, or like, 4 sets that are shared between a bunch of classes. I still will never not be mad about Lore shit

>Tanks and MNK (??????) share Ifrit gear
>Ranged DPS and NIN share Leviathan gear
>Healers and Casters share Shiva gear
>DRG is a special snowflake and gets Garuda gear all to itself
>MNK is the only weapon with particle effects and looks cool

It's this kind of MMO that doesn't need saving, it needs to die.

>Expecting a trailer done with bots to show optimal PVE gameplay

Are you retarded?

Yes, zug zug brother. It needs to die but I can offer an alternative game like World of Warcraftâ„¢ Legionâ„¢, I mean I have nothing to do with Blizzardâ„¢ but I've heard that Legionâ„¢ is the best MMO out there!

Honestly makes me just want to buy a level 90 Character Boostâ„¢!

>Don't be angry at me because your shitty themepark clone is dying :^)

There's no reason to be angry. FFXI is dead as a door nail along with it's gameplay and FFXIV is wildly successful in comparison.

> WHAT?! Someone disagrees with my autistic views on MMOs and points out obvious flaws in my favourite game?! This cannot stand!

> Y-Y-You probably never played it! How a\else can you disagree with my superior opinions!
> Y-Your MMO is trash! Nobody likes it despite being only second to WoW in popularity!
> How dare you not like waste literal months hitting crabs and licking people's arses to get to do content!

That's all nice and stuff user, but if you really hate XIV so much, nobody is stopping you from leaving this thread and an hero yourself.

FORWARD AND BACK

WoW is the prototype of modern shit MMOs.

Why is this allowed on Cred Forums? I thought there was a containment board for shit like this.

Post yfw you'll never be autistic enough to feel the need to defend a dead game's honor by spending days of your life shitposting.

WoW is the COD of the MMO's. Not the best, not the worst, but it's the one selling more and every other FPS drinks from it.

Kids nowadays can't understand the concept "FPS" withouth the AOS shit.

This is quite sad actually.

The post, not the business practice.

Hold your tits Legion fag, you spammed Cred Forums with your "finally after 13 months of NOTHING we get some content!!!" threads, let us enjoy or patch.

>> How dare you not like waste literal months hitting crabs and licking people's arses to get to do content!

kek

This alone describes my entire experience with FFXI back in 2003-2005, fuck that shit.

>theme park wow clone trash
>saving MMOs

>"T-they're just falsehoods spread by the media! FFXI wasn't actually like that!"

Outright lies or brain damage induced by playing XI? You, the reader, decides!

apologize.

Sorry but MMOs are a cancerous garbage genre, both WoW and FFXIV are a testament to that.

Seems like with this patch he finally got his team back from working on FF15 desu. I blame SE.

Daily Shill Post

nasomi.com

nasomi.com/status/

Not until you give us a housing transfer system, Yoshi-kun.

What's this apologize meme?

>FF14 Shills on Cred Forums.
Hahahaha! Pathetic beyond pathetic!

>All those WoW kucks flamming here because they finished all the new content they had in Legion

So will apartments have guest settings like FC chambers to where we can open them up for anyone to visit at anytime?

>nooooo stop having friendly bants by taking the piss out of shills!

If you think that post is even serious then I'd think it's best you went to bed.

RED MAGE WHEN YOSHIDAAAAAAAAAA!

True, theres never any hard content in wow, they always breeze through everything

How the fuck would you even make a red mage work in this game without it being boring or useless as fuck? Because we're certainly not getting a healer/caster hybrid.
Fuck, how do you create any interesting job in this game? It's either pure DPS, heal or tank (with variable DPS values), and that's it.

>red mage
>not beast master

The only thing I miss from FFXI is fucking up the Crawler's nest with that one scorpion mob by "disconnecting".

It will be a DPS job based on slightly more self buffs than usual.

That's all you're getting.

What is thordan ex

You have 10 seconds to name one existing MMO that does these wonderful things you all crave for.

I dunno...it could be something between melee and ranged using a rapier sword as weapon.

relicucks really got the shortend in heavensward

it used to be worth doing but now the relics are on par with weapons that take way less effort to get

FFXI and RO were pretty close.

They suffered really bad from RMT and botting, but there are at least some answers to those nowadays.

mmos are shit son, and only boring people who are terrible at games play them

So why are you in this thread again?

Where do you think you are?

>bought some hive wings ahead of time because I knew yoshi was gonna pull this shit
>check this morning
>they're all sold out for 10x what I bought mine for

feels good man

Tanks and DRGs always share gear when it isn't unique stuff, and Monks tend to get uniques while DRG and Tank share.
They flipped it around for the set that they started introducing the cooler MNK weapons, such as the Ifrit punchers.
Like is that really that big of a problem?

Oh neat. I'm still only like level 23, but this all looks like cool content to look forward to.

Please tell me tanking as a Paladin sucks less than current Gladiator tanking at my level

>We're sure as fuck not getting a healing/caster hybrid
>Laughing SMN Ressurection
>SCHs in the distance

SO SORRY

It sucks a bit less still sucks. Gets a bit better at level 50+

Maybe you could try switching to MRD/WAR

Paladin never gets interesting or fun
You picked the wrong tank

There's nothing fun about PLD. It's useful but it's not the tank to be if you want a good time.

you dun goofed boy

switch to WAR before it's too late

So what do you guys think will get pruned the most in 4.0?

Sure money is on Dragoon.

Picked the fuck up again.

Red Mage, Samurai and Dancer are more than likely the next three jobs they announce.

I came when the new warring triad boss showed up

that song

I know Red Mage and Samurai, but where does the idea that we're getting Dance came from? I thought it's going to be BLU or something.

>Saying this when Calofisteri has the boingiest boingy bits

MINOR PATCH, THANK YOU ANT WORKER MENTALITY.

youtube.com/watch?v=ponfjaH6Hyc

I loved the Ixal tribe quests simply because wandering into camp to be greeted by this made me feel all warm inside every time

Reminder that Siren has the best tits in FFXIV

>Because we're certainly not getting a healer/caster hybrid
it's called a SCH

Blade Dancer (the Ala Mhigan job from several item descriptions) is already a healing role from XI. They'll balance things out with a third Job being a healer like last time with Heavensward.

>three
Only two

I want to fuck Alphinaud's boypussy

youtube.com/watch?v=72Mqf2KBBEc
youtube.com/watch?v=1CLY_iatoE8
youtube.com/watch?v=ICxYi3O_SHc
youtube.com/watch?v=XdqXyZ7TA6A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6XobxNr_I
These aren't in the game anymore. At least, not where they used to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=KF5ewdq0_PM
youtube.com/watch?v=lOhP7yiM8V0
youtube.com/watch?v=Oquox8Wnag4

What's the fastest way to gear up for 3.4, to at least the minimum iLv for attempting Sophia?
(To be honest, I wish they'd abolish tome caps 2 weeks before a patch; so people can, you know, actually catch-up with this shit)

wait 1 day and throw your shekels at i240 crafted gear

I'm only i220 (with an i210 weapon) and I don't have many shekels.

>FFXIV """""saved"""" because of fanservice again

PLD is boring as FUCK until 50. It's 1 - 2 - 3 all the way.
It does get a bit more interesting past 50 since you're getting more combos and support/defensive skills, though.

sell your ass to ERPfags

Farm Palace of the Dead like a madman for your 235 welfare weapon.
Alternatively, farm tomes like a madman after 3.4.

>Goddess in FFXIV
>Probably won't even have Zombie gimmicks
what is the point

blatant fanservice because they can't keep the game alive with originality

I tried the "farm shit like a madman" thing in 3.3 with Nidhogg.
In 4 days, which is how long it took me to hit i220, all the competent PUGs dried up. It subsequently took me nearly 3 weeks to clear, and I gave up because the farm parties were somehow worse than the learning parties. This time I NEED to get into Sofia the instant the patch lands.

Guess I'll farm Palace of the Dead for a weapon, bolster my right side with cheap Lore pieces, buy as many crafted body pieces as I can afford with my paltry savings on Day 1 and farm the rest out via Alex/Creator.
Thanks.

>WoW
>competitive
AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

>Goddess in FFXIV
>You can't just one-turn her with Genji Gloves + Offering before she does anything

what is the point

Looks pretty good

Maybe I'll resume my Anima grind this patch since they aren't adding a step

Got burnt out at like 60/240

It's Final Fantasy XIV, as in 14 in a series that recycles half of its concepts and designs from earlier games in the series. You might be mentally ill.

Fan service has been the driving force since Day 1.

Yeah those ranked arena fights where you earn gear clearly aren't competitive enough.

>New hairstyles
>Just more bishie shit for the fuckboys who play cats

Lame

At least WoW doesn't pander to weebs

No three jobs at once again

Yes, instead, WoW pander to furries.

>Literally a mullet
>bishie shit

> disabled comments
> disabled likes/dislikes

Sure thing pal

>At least WoW doesn't pander to weebs
WoW panders to weebs significantly more.

Square Enix is a Japanese company you retard, they're making content for the Japanese and weebs flock to it, they're not making content specifically to appeal to Western weebs

Is it so wrong to want to see the main tank drop instantly because dumbfucks keep mindlessly healing when Zombie is up

>more ala mihgo build up
cool
>alexander fights/music
cool, though alexander prime is lame. I guess better than a fight similar to deathwing.
>apartments, duels, garrisons
all pretty late. most people own houses, duels in this type of game sounds frightening and finally getting npcs is good but again late.
>goddess primal
looks good. to be honest i wish the warring triad and really that whole area in HW was the raid and not alexander.
>warriors of darkness trial?
might be cool, it looks like they might be fusing with primals? maybe they will finally just reveal that the player character is hydaelyns primal.

Fucking hell, the prices doubled on my server too. Fucking jews.

You have to be baiting user

I refuse to believe anyone is this dumb

That's not the point.
Chocobos, Crystals, Jobs, Eidolons etc. are a staple, a foundation of the Final Fantasy series/world but they all still have uniqueness from each other which FFXIV's world really doesn't.

The Warring Triad is something you only saw in FFVI until it was put into this game.
Ancient's Maze, Crystal Tower and World of Darkness is a blatant copy from FFIII, which you only really see in FFIII and not any other main title FF game until FFXIV.

FFXIV is unoriginal.

Jesus christ that Sophia song is amazing.

They won't be selling the next expansion that well if they don't.

That's why you have to be a sneaky cunt.
>join some training parties or shit
>actually experience the fight enough to get a feel for it
>join some farm party
>get past the initial LOL WHO HAS BONUS with everyone starting to link some of their primal related stuff by having an item link ready beforehand by linking one of the items from Bertana to yourself without even having one
>don't fuck up and finish the fight
>enjoy your kill

Been doing this shit for Sephirot and Nidhogg and it went moderately well. No one really ever complains if you do your job properly, either.

You can just beeline to your class mentor and start killing stuff right away, the targets are level 2.

Sure you can spend your first two hours doing fetch/tutorial quests in town and learn pretty much everything about game mechanics and city services - and get 2 levels worth of xp out of it - but you don't have to beyond the first 5 minutes.

Nigga we still get shit like fucking pompadours every now and then. I actually like the fact that there's a bit of diversity in male hairstyles. I just wish for a bit more typical warrior-ish hairstyles with sideburns and shit.

I saw it coming from a mile a way a stocked up on them

they wouldn't just do bismark and be done with it

Why is literally 80% of this game cat/dragon faggots

Makes me dislike it a little bit desu, there should be a limit so people would have to be somewhat original

Why do people like to play pretty-looking characters and not manwomen or meme dwarves? Gee I dunno

>tfw that Ark fight

>A limit to MMO races
>When there's less than 10 races total

You people suggest the dumbest fucking shit, I swear it's like you never even read the shit you type out.

Ok

Because they're the "cute/sexy" races and the animal/monster features are also an added appeal.

>Why do people like to play pretty-looking characters and not manwomen or meme dwarves?

Because they are fat and balding in real life and dont want to be reminded of it in game?

>everyone starting to link some of their primal related stuff by having an item link ready beforehand by linking one of the items from Bertana to yourself without even having one

you can also link from the party chat window so there's still no point

I'd love a Red Mage update adding the class and overhauling the way weapons work - as in a most weapons are cross-class to some extent making every class have access to 3 weapon types.

How do you think XIV will end?

>Rest at ease lads, FFXIV has saved MMO gaming once again.
How?

It all looks like the same old, same old

Something in a cliche manner

I didn't think about it because I just recently resubbed. You expect the prices to still ramp up, so I could cash in on that?

Honestly? Because even though I tried out most other races they are the only ones that I don't really hate. Only going by the females of each race though, males are mostly OK for all races.

>Potatos
Well fuck I'm not playing a potato.
>Roegadyn
Alright if you play something warrior-ish, I don't really like their animation though. She-Hulk casters look like shit though.
>Hyur Midlanders
They look alright but they have this retarded girly as fuck running animation which is okay if you mostly play caster but it's unbearable if you play a tank.
>Hyur Highlanders
My original choice since I didn't have HW at the start. The issue is that they're mannish as FUCK, it's alright for tanks, but again shit for everything else. Also most of their faces look like fucking trannies.
>Elezen
Giraffes with tiny heads and weird animations.
>Au Ra
Good animations overall, there are even decent faces, scales can make your character look somewhat armored which is nice. Downside is that scales are non-"dyeable" and look like random blotches of skin cancer for the most part instead of being at somewhat logical positions.
>Miqote
Somewhat chubby faces, but that's it. Bonus points for being able to change tail color to match your gear instead of having a white or blue piece of shit sticking out of your ass like the Au Ra do. Animations are fine, too.

Both Au Ra and Miqote do look a bit weird as tanks though since they're skinny as fuck but what can you do.

What is the best server for EU players?

Fan service is exactly the point. FFXI did the same thing by drawing a ton of its inspiration from earlier FF, significant stuff like jobs and primals, but at the same time FFXI and FFXIV do their own spin on it. That's how its always been.

Sure, but for some reason most people don't even fucking consider this. And even if they do, you can be even more sneaky about it and examine people in Idyllshire until you find someone with an appropriate weapon for one of your jobs with materia and shit so that it doesn't look as suspicious.

I agree.

I've seen this shit before. They release the trailer for the new patch, people get hyped, and then a week later after the patch people get bored, angry and pessimistic about the game.

The trailer got me excited but I know it's gonna be the same shit so I'm not holding my breath that it'll save the game, or even the damn genre. The playerbase is the problem with MMOs these days.

Salty cat/dragon player detected

Highlander but okay.

>The trailer got me excited but I know it's gonna be the same shit so I'm not holding my breath that it'll save the game, or even the damn genre. The playerbase is the problem with MMOs these days.
I got back into Warhammer Age of Reckoning on a private server.

The PvE is basically non-existant, but the PvP is the most glorious thing I've played in years.

>tie a ton of gameplay mechanics to owning FC property
>all 10 pieces of property on the server is owned by "private owners" making it impossible to buy for the last 8 months

Yeah gr8 game

Whiners with no life who expect the game to entertain them every single day of the year for 10 hours are the problem, unfortunately that's the demographic the genre is aimed at to begin with so there's a bit of a conflict of interests right there.

They and Midlanders are the only races that look good no matter the job, all the other races look shitty in certain jobs. And between those three, Midlanders are the most boring and shitty looking ones. So there you go, unless you plan on only playing one archetype in a game all about being able to switch jobs on the fly, you're best off being a weeb cat or a skin cancer lizard.

What's the best map choice for Rush Grass?
I tried a bunch with no luck.

Male Roegadyns look amazing doing any job

But weebs just want to play barbie dress up

I've never played FF14 before, but I'm wondering does these new patches suffer from recycled content? Is no variety even a complaint for FF14 endgame?

What is endgame even like? Do PvE players mainly run the same dungeons routinely everyday for money/gear?

>start a farm PF with a group of 7 looking for 1
>Healer joins and we get a bonus announcement when we zone in
>Healer goes off on WHO'S NEW?
>well ok
>can't clear because Healer keeps getting one-shot by nidnog dives and the other healer isn't experienced enough

I mean you see the achievement at the end. The times that a dps straight up lies to me and says he's cleared when he dies more than 2 times on average is ridiculous. The community is so shameless.

>Do PvE players mainly run the same dungeons routinely everyday for money/gear?
yes

every couple of months you'll get a patch with new dungeons to run and the old ones become obsolete to the point where nobody runs them anymore

No, you're not understanding it right.

Jobs, summons etc. have been used in every Final Fantasy, and it's what identifies something as a Final Fantasy world in the first place. The thing is about FFXIV is that it rips off unique traits from other FFs that you've only seen from there.
Really, the only place you see the Crystal Tower aside from FFXIV is FFIII. Same with the Warring Triad which was in FFVI.

Can you see your gun as a MCH in first person?

You cant see anything except the effects in first person

>does these new patches suffer from recycled content?

Yes. Same content design and patch cycles but different aesthetic usually.
In even patches you get a new raid tier, usually 4 stages. Then you get a new tomestone (currency you earn from content, usually the most efficient way is from doing the new dungeons, and spend for gear)
In odd patches you get an alliance raid, and some catch-up content.
All patches get 2 dungeons, 1 trial (and one extreme version of it)
Sometimes they add new stuff in each patch, but it's usually just one major thing and the rest being trivial.

>Do PvE players mainly run the same dungeons routinely everyday for money/gear?
Yes, but it changes every patch.

Recycled as in doing old content? There are alot of measures to ensure that people running story content don't have to wait more than 30 min if they're a dps because Trial/Mentor roulettes force endgame players to participate for rewards.

Endgame has been stagnant in what's offered for a while. Granted, the savage raid is at a high enough difficulty that most people don't clear it anyways when its relevant. Dungeons are the prettiest dungeons you'll ever see, but are generally easy enough so as to not stop gate the retarded community.

Endgame is really just the Ex primal, Sophia in the trailer. The savage raid. The normal version raid. That with 2 dungeons that give the most rewards. There's also a progression system for Gathering/Crafting gear as well, and a bit of PvP. If you're thinking about how much time the game will suck from you, the game has hundreds of hours worth of content. Not just in leveling but also crafting/gathering stuff as well. Ofc, those hundreds of hours are subjective but it isn't deniable that the game has content to do. Whether you're hunting for glamours, special mounts, or doing misc stuff like Triple Triad or Big Fishing.

>but I'm wondering does these new patches suffer from recycled content?
every other patch is the same thing with new paint. progression raid+primal > catchup content > progression raid+primal

>Is no variety even a complaint for FF14 endgame?
there's variety, but people don't like doing/there's no purpose to doing it. things the diadem served did a thing for awhile but was mostly bad and now it's forgotten.

>What is endgame even like? Do PvE players mainly run the same dungeons routinely everyday for money/gear?
You have a couple dailies that are the same handful of dungeons/older dungeons that give you more justice points a day that everyone does.

I dunno it's pretty typical MMO fair. There's enough side content to say it exists but you won't really get too much out of it and nothing really peaks its head out as a "goal". AF weapons are the closest thing to that but the weapons themselves are completely uninteresting.

Also dungeons have the same design of trash>boss>trash>boss>trash>final boss

>See a cute au'ra/miq'te sitting and idling.
>/pet them.

FemRoes or FemHighlanders. In a game with this aesthetic, I like to look like a fighter. I know I'm in the super minority as a FemRoe but fuck it. I like her and I'm not some ass who chooses the least popular race to be a special snowflake.

>bored, angry and pessimistic

Not really. Most Cred Forums threads recently about it are talking about the game. This thread it's more because it says its something it isn't. This tier was a turn around for most people versus how Gordias turned out.

>sitting there idleing while talking in FC/other nonsense
>someone stops and ogles your character
>/pose
>they run away

everytime

You're only meant to pet Lalafellian.

It's go time!

>Someone ogles your character.
>You ogle back.
>We proceed to exchange some emotes and having a comfy time.
Sometimes people can actually be fun in this game, but just rarely.

Sophia porn when?

>see a slutty c@t slut
>stand behind it and spam "orgasm" emote
>get warning from GM 10min later

3.2 was a good patch though (for FFXIV standards at least) with Midas and Sephirot. 3.3 released Mhach which was better than Snooze Ark.
But even with all of that, people are still upset about the game. I still remember people being hyped for 3.2 and 3.3 and not a week after, people are starting to get bored again.

I don't think FFXIV is really keeping people's interests anymore, especially because of the stale patch cycle/content design. They really need to stop playing it super safe and do something more game-changing in 4.0 or else people will lose full interest.

>GM
>actually doing anything ever
Sure

How come the outfit she's wearing makes your boobs like 3x times bigger in game?

All they do is warn "public disturbances", friend of mine got warned for /shouting nigger

>Not posting the best theme in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=dLRcuojE7Pc

Underrated as fuck.

Soken is only good at making RPG-esque music desu

>see another lala jumping around in ul'dah
>we have an entire conversation in emotes

Best feel

Sorry for your server :^)

>This trailer and patch this month
>The big fanfest reveals next month
>new jobs, new areas, new primals, new characters

Holy shit, what a time to play this game.

This is like 2.4 all over again in 2014.

I got banned for a day for calling out a shitty player

>Using LB1 on steps of faith

>once more
I don't think an unplayable mess of a game being rebooted into a crappy themepark MMO counts as saving

This looks like dogshit. Most of the HW armor is fucking terrible.

I would come back to this game if you didn't need a static to do anything interesting in the endgame.

>Just PF EX Primals user
Nigga you fucking know that PF is garbage.

>expecting welfare gear to look good

It's one of those outfits that's supposed to push up on the boobs. There used to be something like that in real life. It's meant to attract male customers with money.

Just raid finder the Primals. Don't tell me you play on a dead datacenter like Aether or Elemental.

The fact that they're giving only warnings for it means they see it all the time.

kek

I wonder if they get a ton of ERP reports

Male roes look like shit in most healer gear since it's all white dresses.

I don't but what the fuck makes you think Raid Finder is going to be any better than DF?

>tfw you will never see them again after that.

I find ARR a downgrade from 1.23 to be honest. Although of course, I prefer the combat and an engine that actually works okay-ish of ARR.

Are you ready for space?

Nice i didnt have fun with legion at all.

I just quit XIV because the lack of content, this looks good though.

All F2P mmos are straight up garbage, play only play them because they are poorfags

>mfw Amerifats still call out who's main tanking during Alliance raids
>mfw they fight for aggro
Jesus christ no wonder JP's make fun of you.

>Coerthas was green in 1.0
I'm still surprised by this.

Rare enough to see one in-game.

Yes please

>mindless grind
>enjoyable

Yeah why dont you keep playing those good old mmos and just stay clear of themepark ones then?

>XIV because the lack of content, this looks good though.
user I've got news for you, this patch isn't going to fix your content problems with the game.

Unless grinding Alex Normal and two dungeons is fun to you.

>user I've got news for you, this patch isn't going to fix your content problems with the game.

And i here i was getting hyped.
But yeah if you dont raid savage the game doesnt offer much.

Excalibur Zeta is the sexiest 1h video game sword I have ever laid my eyes upon. I am happy that I grinded for that weapon, and every PLD weapon I will ever own will have its appearance instead.

That being said, fuck grinding for any of the other Zodiacs. If I actually gave a shit about dedicated raiding, maybe I would grind for DRG Zodiac.

>But yeah if you dont raid savage the game doesnt offer much.
Exactly what I'm getting at. The side content that the game does have is quickly forgotten, or it's just the same stuff that drops every patch.

Two forgettable dungeons that don't even require you to be awake. The occasional primal that you'll probably have to get carried through unless you have a group of your own. Normal mode raid which requires you to be slightly more awake than dungeons.

Let's not forget the """""""PvP""""""""

Agree, some of the Zetas are just gorgeous, never get tired of looking at them.

>most people own houses
No, they really don't.
Only a select few own a house in this game.
And hte one who can afford a house always try to buy several more in other housing areas.

Bunch of fucking jews.

Its a shame, i had a guild with really cool people.

But one day i just couldnt get myself to start the game up anymore.

I don't know why SE would make it snow there so suddenly. They could've just made another area the snowy region or at least only give Coerthas mild snowing.
Now, the place is ruined for both players that liked the zone and for Ishgardians that were already in bad shape because of dragons tormenting them.

I'm in the same spot as well. Played almost every day 2014-2015 and most of this year as well.

The only people championing this as a great game are the people who still have functioning raid groups.

What content would you have them make then? And don't say "midcore content," because that doesn't exist.

>because that doesn't exist.
Well okay then.

What's your favourite minion? Are you a collector?

>The only people championing this as a great game are the people who still have functioning raid groups.
That would be because XIV's community is the epitome of the "fuck you I've got mine" mentality. From the casual players to the "hardcore" alike.

Probably has to do with the allagan debris.

All that crap generated something similar to nuclear winter, I don't know. At least that's what it looks like they're going for.

What the fuck is with this game?

Has the state of MMOs dropped so significantly that this is considered "good" or even "decent?"

I've played a little over a month and gotten through the majority of the Heavensward quest line, but literally nothing stands out. I have fond memories of almost every MMO I've played in the past, but this is such a grindy generic anti-social piece of trash that I have a feeling I'll forget everything within the next few months.

Every the quests are dull and not intuitive at all. The only sort of quest I saw that wasn't "kill x, collect y" was that last dungeon of ARR, where you ride the robot and shoot shit. But since this game is such a "grind asap" piece of trash, one of the groups I was in used the elevator and left half the people behind because they took too long to get their key.

Like, holy shit. This game would have failed miserably in almost every era of MMO except for now, that's how bad it's become.

Fuck this shit.

>hating on people who are better off than you

Dirty commie detected. The cycle never ends.

I've been subbed for 600days but have just played a few months in Heavenswards. I actually like the game despite it being so grindy with dungeons. But sadly I've never been in a good FC so after a while in Heavenswards I stopped playing. Still wish I could find a comfy FC.

>The only people championing this as a great game are the people who still have functioning raid groups.
So what you're saying is that having people to play with is required to enjoy an MMO. Shocking!

Like another poster said nothing will touch your nostalgia but this game has a fantastic soundtrack. 11 music wins out for me with 14 coming in close but I too have nostalgia glasses. Atmosphere is not as good though. Open world is way too safe and the dungeons are cool but trash mobs pose no threat at all and the only danger is with the bosses

I want sophia to poop on me

this cute little fucker
too bad you have to set up verminion wintrades to get it

I'm grinding for that one now. I didn't know it was so easy to obtain.

Favorite is my pic related.

Lore wise, it's because of Bahamut's destruction, it destroyed some important mountains which protected Coerthas from the snow.
Or it was something abotu the aether being disturbed or something, I can't remember.

I'm playing Guild Wars again instead. No, not the abomination of a sequel.

It doesn't. You either hit 60 and want to do ex primals and raid, or you don't. Anything in between is meaningless to develop content for because as history as shown in FFXIV and modern MMOs, if content is too difficult for the casual mouthbreathers to do or it isn't rewarding, then no one will do it.

That's why shit is nerfed down from 'midcore' to the level the community is used to. It happened to Steps of Faith, Pharos Sirius, and the coil/savage past their relevant tiers. The fact is, people don't want to do content without a carrot on a stick, because otherwise people would want to do old Coil/Savage isync'd for the actual challenge. Most 'midcore content' requests are for a 'harder' 4-man dungeon, which the devs already know don't mesh with the community. Or harder solo content, which is impossible to design rewards for that aren't fluff. Because there's no reason content a group of 8 clears should have worse rewards or equal rewards to a person who refuses to find a group and blames the game for it.

I'm saying you have to have a raid group and dedicate multiple nights a week to schedule play in order to do anything fun in the game.

You either raid, or you don't do a whole lot of anything in this game.

That one and the chocobo chick ones are my favorites.

Nuclear winter

>still havnt started the Yokai farm

is it too late lads?

who the fuck is that? never seen that one

Neither have I. But I'm not that fond of the weapons/mounts so I don't know if I'm even gonna bother.

Succubus is my favorite, she's just so sexy/cute.
I want to fuck her so badly.

>Been trying to get Echidna for several months now
>Roll a 97/98 and think I'll finally get one
>Someone roll a 99
EVERY.
FUCKING.
TIME.

>using shadewalker on early pullers

Not really just depends on how badly you want the cummie-mount.

You have time till the 3rd October I think

People champion EX Primals even though that is essentially midcore content.

I do want to raid and do EX Primals. I'm sick of jumping from raid group to raid group at this point though only for them to die near the end of the raid tier. Fucking burnt out from trying to make friends with people only to have everyone fuck off a few months later.

Echidna, from Void Ark.

>4.0 is under budget and ahead of schedule
>3.5 drops sometime in december

next expansion actually coming in spring this time

finally I can play my slammin samurai

>Most 'midcore content' requests are for a 'harder' 4-man dungeon, which the devs already know don't mesh with the community.
But mythic dungeons are a success in WoW and that piece of shit has an even more retarded playerbase

No wonder I haven't seen her, drop rates are horrible and then you have to roll against all other twats.

stfu slavkid lmao

They should make minions play music tracks.

I need an excuse for youtube.com/watch?v=siP0syXBde4 to play.

If they're under budget and ahead of schedule, why the fuck would you want them to release early instead of actually putting more effort into content?

Actually since they add Wipping city she's a 100% drop.
You still have to fight the whole alliance tho.

>Dinodem made this guy extinct

Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons are some of the best things XIV could steal from WoW. I have a seriously fucking hard time believing that the community wouldn't enjoy them so as long as they were there in addition to the dungeons already in place.

It's pretty bad in some places during Realm Reborn.

I remember there were about three separate occasions where I nearly just dropped the game and deleted the account.

They should go back and at the very least cut content from Realm Reborn's early quests just to get new players into the meat of the game, keep them on edge.

They also need to allow you to interact with shit on your mount like WoW does

you still have a few weeks

that's more than enough time

As much as I like FFXIV, you're talking of the same commuty which cried tears of blood because of both Step of faiths.

>yfw they'll mess up the job and it'll take a year to make it half-way viable

DRK was pretty good at the start compared to MCH and AST, no?

Reminder to thank consoles for the best MMO.

Wasn't that because it was required for story shit?

Never put difficulty in required content. Side stories and additional content only.

XIV is fucking lightyears behind on some of the QoL stuff.

God damn it, I farmed Diadem back then for months and never saw the fucker drop ONCE.

Some gil buyer bought it for 40 million on my server.

>fucks up enmity for all players due to tank not establishing proper aggro
>wipes your entire party

literally ingame shitposting

>literally a gear treadmil theme park MMO
>saving anything

Who hurt you?

You know casual raid groups exist. Groups that raid like 2 days a week for 5 hours. Join those. If you want to progress faster, then find a better group. I don't know why people say this game is an anti-social wasteland yet when it comes time to build up contacts or know people in general, they just stop. It's not a new experience to anyone who's raided for longer than a week, people who complain about needing a group just sound like entitled whiners. Raid Finder and soon to be X-server raid finder was made for you and yet no one uses it on NA servers.

Mythic isn't really difficult.

Steps of Faith wasn't even hard, it just required teamwork and some learning about the missile mechanics.

Shit games hurt me

How the fuck are difficult dungeons successful in WoW and somehow demonized in XIV?

How do you know their budget?

I managed to get one back when people actually did it, there hasn't been one on sale on my server for months

>Raid Finder and soon to be X-server raid finder was made for you and yet no one uses it on NA servers.
Because I'm realistic with my expectations and any "-finder" on NA/EU will get ignored because everyone expects everyone else to be dogshit in it.

I could go find a casual raid group, that much is true.

well FFXV isn't eating into it anymore so there's one sign

>PvP Gear
Someone hasn't played Legion.

fuck off cunt

Why do retards assume XIV is suddenly going to get a bigger budget when XV isn't in development anymore?

Yoshi has shown he can churn out garbage that is enough to satisfy new incoming players, which is apparently profitable enough. Why would SE throw more money at him? Minimum viable product dude.

Plus the new Kingdom Hearts game exists.

>Final Alexander
>Sophia
>2 New dungeons
>Added Duels
>Main Scenario
>Hildibrand
>New gear
>Housing stuff

>"M-Minor patch"

Because the classes in WoW have been basterdized to 1 hotbar spamfests that no one could possibly fuck up.

Could you imagine if XIV had the backing and budget of XV?

I find it amazing the content they pull out already every patch.

>that no one could possibly fuck up.
Except that's not true. People still fuck it up, yet somehow they're still successful.

I did all my extreme primal fights through DF without any real problem tho.

Yeah, people have to remember that they release this content every half year and then a smaller QoL/raid patch in between. For their dev team size, their output is ridiculous.

Hopefully 4.0 will be the WotlK of ffxiv.

They're not difficult

Mythic and Mythic+ is an excuse to not make new content.

Plus 150 new floors on POTD which hopefully reward something better than just alt gear, what ill assume are garrisons (whether or not thats a good decision we will see), and apparently some class changes particularly AST.

>EX Primals
>DF
Oh, so after they were either nerfed or echo'd to shit and everyone outgeared the piss out of them?

lol

>is an excuse to not make new content.
Because they're already doing so well at making new content right?

Ok...based ONLY on the song (and having 0 nostalgia because I never played XI) I think plenty of songs are better than the one you said.

Nothing will hit your nostalgia...but Nidghoggs theme of the WHOLE fight is one of the best "MMO boss tracks" I've never heard.

>Another Demon Tome standing in a boss room for Gubal Hard
>"Oh boy, another one of these. Fucking horrible game has run out of ideas."
>Demon walks out of the book.
>"OH SHIT 10/10"

This trailer actually got me super hype.

How do you romance NPCs?

every heavensward trailer has been better than this, this is the most lackluster one so far

My point is people jerk off over mythic dungeons when they're not hard or interesting. You only have to be slightly more awake than you would for heroics. The annoying part is when people say that company isn't making enough new content and retards come flying out of everywhere to praise mythic dungeons.

You just know they've put maybe two guys on it for a little while to fiddle numbers and gone "yep that'll do instead of other worthwhile content". That's what pisses me off about it.

>The Creator
>not "Alexander: The Conqueror

UNSUBBED

What the fuck is up with those FUGLY native American glamours? I can't see what job would look good in those except botanist or miner.

Mythic+ dungeons are pretty hard and not content that most players will be able to do when its at its highest scale. They need that midtier content in XIV.

there are literally zombies in the video

sephirot was a primal and so is Sophia

Why do they call them Primals but the gear calls them Eikons?

I'm jerking off over Mythic+ dungeons moreso because they scale up with you.

I have zero expectations from Yoshi and CO to actually make something new that doesn't die a couple weeks after release as far as "worthwhile content" goes. Verminion is a joke, Diadem is dead, although it has some new shit coming at some point I guess. Chances are it'll die again.

Golden Saucer is a 5 minute once a day thing.

I can't speak for PvP since I always thought it looked like shit and never tried it. Not going to lie though the PvP gear looks great.

PotD might be cool for all I know, I haven't tried it yet since my raid group blew up. Judging on my friend's reaction, who is a pretty diehard fan of this game, it's pretty lukewarm.

Crafting exists. I'm too entitled to want to do it however because I don't feel like spending months working on it.

MCH

when is the game going to go on sale again

>First Sephiroth
>Now "Goddess"

We are getting the whole Kefka tower someday...right?

That's ironic but ok.

eikons and primals are the same fucking things, have you been paying attention to the story at all?