I've seen some shit

I've seen some shit.

I thought the ghoul in the fridge was too much.
I thought the jet was too much.
I thought the lore couldn't get any more fucked.

But I was wrong
Is this series even redeemable?

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Ship
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Skynet
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
biologywriter.com/on-science/articles/agingcancer/
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Melchior
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Beyond redeemable

I skipped a lot of the dialogue and terminal entries after a while, the bullshit got too stinky.

Can someone explain what this picture is

tell me all about it
i uninstalled the game before i got to finish the main quest

No idea who that is
Explain

Nuka world presents a quest with a ghoul in some bullshit part of the park. He teleports because the radiation gave him magic so now he's a magical ghoul

You are joking, right?

He teleports with parlor tricks. Mirrors and such. He doesn't actually warp around. He's a magician after all.

Oswald is a sentient Glowing One who uses "real magic" to revivify his fellow ghouls when they die, and also magically teleports around with smoke bombs with no care put into at least putting in trap doors to the zone to explain his bullshit, all potentially explained by his stupid fucking hat that gives you a +10% or however much movement speed (which is fucking nothing).

His ghoul girlfriend ran off 100 years ago to find a ghoul cure but didn't make it more than 10 miles and got herself offed by ferals in a small town near Nuka-World, but Oswald stuck around in the theme park zone they worked in as actors by pumping radioactive water through the sprinklers 24/7 to scare away normies.

Fuck Nuka-World.

Sadly...no

lol, yeah he's pulling your chain lol

No jokes

No memes

Ghouls are now magic

Holy fucking shit, this has to be a joke. Right? right?

I can't think of a worse DLC. Even fallout 3 had better DLC.

Give me fucking Anchorage again over this garbage

Why are you asking the same question as some other user asked and expecting answers that differs from the 3-4 that already replied to him

Is it also a parlor trick to resurrect dead ghouls?

ITS JUST A VIDEO GAME CHILL OUT LOL
>This is literally Bethesdas response to all the shit in the OP

He states during the final boss battle that the radiation gave him magical powers

Oswald is not a magician. If you read his terminal enteries he esays even he is confused if the powers he has is actually magic or just mutation. Glowing Ones can release radiation blasts that can heal other ghouls.

Oswald is just another glowing one.

What the fucking fuck? Please tell me you are just making things up. This is unbelievable.

How does he teleport across the map then? Is Bethesda so lazy that the catch-all is supposed to be some trap doors that the audience pretends is there?

that's horrible, but then Fallout 2 had Melchior or whateveer the summoner with the Gauss pistol was called

The magic he's talking about is typical Glowing One shit. The bullshit is his teleportation that has no rational reason to work in the game because they didn't bother to so much as slap down unworkable trap doors into the rooms, so he just fucking vanishes in a way no magician ever could because LOL WHY NOT WE CAN'T HAVE YOU KILLING HIM BEFORE THE ALLOTTED TIME

No idea. It could be just a trick with his smoke bombs. It never mentions teleportation as one of his powers.

Why can't people every model top hats right for games?

Aliens are almost a common enemy at this point. Even their fucking guns are things that people scout out in the games. What's the big deal with a magical ghoul?

>Aliens in Fallout 4

Please tell me it is a joke. Bethesda can't be this bad.

There was a whole DLC in Fallout 3 dedicated to them. If you're going to shit on something at least know what you're shitting on

>ghoul
>got offed by ferals

There's a sequence dedicated to a crash landing and scavenger hunt of an alien ship

What the actual fuck? Glad I didn't played this garbage.

Oh, wait, no, actually she ended up in a town full of ferals and for some reason, I guess she... felt feral loss of control coming on? So she shot herself.

You're an idiot.

I don't know what you expect.
It obviously doesn't share the same lore with the old games.
It was very clear from the start that 4 was gonna be an open world shooter with some RPG elements from the start.

Its the least of whats wrong with this game, its like what they did with Skyrim but even worse.

>me reading this thread

I mean, I eschewed Fallout 4 the moment I knew it had a voiced protagonist... but this...

Is it even possible to change into a feral after ghoulification? I always thought the initial dose was what decided if you're feral or ghoul

It's general purpose madness applied to ostensibly immortal beings. The act of transforming from a human into a ghoul can break their minds and make them feral, but also they can turn feral as they age. But, I would think that was less common.

They do this shit with vampires all the time in other forms of media.

Why even put fallout as the title then?

Because Bethesda owns the brand and it sells

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Ship
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Skynet
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

Ghouls and Jet are Fallout 4's biggest fuckups.

They sell everything on the name. They sell Elder Scrolls and Fallout based on nothing but the titles.

>They do this shit with vampires all the time in other forms of media.

vampires are magic not meme science

What? We had aliens in nv and fo3, but now you want to bitch? Suck a dick.

You need to fucking kys. I hate you NV fans, aliens have been plot since Fallout 2.

Yeah you change over time

You're fucking retarded. The lore at least had some logical background. This is literal fantasy for the purpose of a mediocre Boss fight with no explanation at all.

Fuck Bethesda
Fallout is dead

Pretty sure thats half (or at least a third) of the reason why they aren't always liked in human society.

Half headcanon but I assume human contact is part of what helps Ghouls remain sane, like with old people. Staying socially active at older ages is shown to decrease the chances of developing dementia and that stuff. That and a healthy diet, I've always assumed Ghouls can survive off radiation alone but eating well would help keep them mentally sound and less likely to fall apart.

Hi Todd.

see

How the fuck they can do this? This is a whole level of lore fuckery. Jesus christ I don't want to believe this. This has to be a big joke.

What about the part in fallout 4 where they talk about the gangster that became ghoul pre war?

The aliens in NV were only part of the Wild Wasteland trait.

>easter eggs are plot points
and what's skynet got to do with aliens?

The side quest with Nick? I thought that he became a ghoul after the war

pretty sure pic related is a pre-war ghoul as well, although in his case it actually does make sense. Spies and scientists knew that shit is about to go down, and used their knowledge by exposing themselves to radiation in a controlled lab setting to survive the nuclear apocalypse. Pretty neat.

No, he figured out how to ghoulify himself before the bombs dropped.

Nah he was involved in some prewar "radiation experiment" to prolong life

The sight bullshit is allowed and even encouraged by some retards here, but some faggot ghoul using trapdoors and smoke grenades to "teleport" is suddenly over the line, Jesus fuck.

No, Glowing ones have always been able to do that. They give off intense waves of rads that hurt humans and heal ghouls.
Ghouls start to go insane as they age. Lying is always a possibility.

>complaining about realism in a series where radiation gives people immortality instead of cancer

Skynet was developed using alien technology that the US captured.

Basically there really were aliens in Area 52.

I never really got exactly how you were suppose to tell which random encounters in the first Fallout games were suppose to be cannon or not. It's not like there was some sort of disclaimer on them or way to turn them off.

Why can't we have another fallout 3 or new Vegas? Now Bethesda is going to stick to this God awful way of making fallout.

Hi Pete Hines.

It was probably the same thing that ghoulified Handcock, since he turned into a ghoul by taking an experimental radiation drug.

so magical realism doesn't exist

Basically they were easter eggs but Fallout 3 and 4 made them canon by adding aliens to the main game. I don't like it, but that's the reality. It's fine by me since aliens are pretty much a normal thing. Aliens exist in the real world, so they can exist in any fictional world based on ours.

???

Why are you complaining about the sight? Did you forget that psykers were already a thing in Fallout lore?

Ghouls in fallout have never really been consistent. Supposedly ghoulification is incredibly rare, to the point that only a nuclear holocaust would expose enough people to make a sizable number of ghouls. But Fallout 1 also has the Necropolis, which is all ghoul all the time, nearly 100% of the original vault population got ghouled instead of dying.
So ghouls are one spot where I forgave bethesda, it's always been inconsistent bullshit.

i havent played any of the Fallout 4 DLCs, does the ghoul use the teleport as means of just making the boss fight more difficult/interesting? if he doesnt actually mention it as being one of his superpowers, then its probably just a gameplay mechanic that they decided to add a little visual flare too. this is a game where you have to shoot somebody in the face like 50 times to kill them, it doesnt exactly focus on immersion over gameplay.

if he does actually say that radioactive ghoul powers let him teleport, then i have no justification. if he doesnt say that, i think you guys are reading too far into this

He's misinterpreting the stuff Glowing Ones do as magic.

There's a lot of stupid shit in Fallout 4, but you guys are reaching to find reasons to hate it and it's kind of pathetic tbqf.

It's annoying but I imagine parts of the hair and head model would poke out if they didn't make them as big as jockey helmets.

Technically if cancer didn't kill you when your whole body became cancer you would be immortal

Fallout 4 the aliens are just as much as Easter eggs as they are in the other games.

The Cabot quest deals with ancient aliens but that goes way back before any other lore has even gone.

>Aliens exist in the real world

crown prince ayylius of the nation of lo'mao pls go

When Cred Forums hates a game they'll hate everything about it.

Even if a game has plenty of reasons to hate it they still somehow find bullshit reasons to bitch about. It's really quite amazing.

>Technically if cancer didn't kill you when your whole body became cancer you would be immortal

what if death didn't kill you when your body became dead

Cancer cells are like shitty stem cells
biologywriter.com/on-science/articles/agingcancer/

The teleporting is pretty obviously simple parlor tricks. Overexaggerated smoke screen and then he's gone. The magic he's referring to is the way Glowing Ones heal other ghouls around him.

It's not magc user, glowing ones can generate bursts of radiation from their bodies. Radiant heals ghouls.

when you put it that way its kind of endearing. People going out of their way to find something to bitch about, despite being plenty of shit to ACTUALLY bitch about.

More like is Bethesda redeemable?

If you believe in math then you believe in probability. Based on probability there is intelligent life in the universe besides humans on Earth.

I know it sounds stupid, but it's 4 and shut up

Ferals dont attack other ghouls

>Aliens exist in the real world

Stop spreading this lie. There is literally no credible evidence that aliens exist, much less that they've been to this solar system before. Besides, why the fuck would we ever bother interfering in human development?

That's not really consistent either, since they'll attack ghoul companions.

Something must set them off. It's also not clear why they would attack robots or older model synths either.

Honest Hearts sucks dick. I just started up on it recently and both of the forced followers that you get are shit/uninteresting. The whole beef between the white legs and dead horses/sorrows is boring and so is the area in which it takes place in. I wish the DLC would have focused more on the raiding parties that got spoken of in the beginning on the quest. And that quest/DLC was actually about being a merc and helping protect your group as they travel instead of the "I'm stuck in he middle of no where "bullshit. One thing I will say though is that Joshua and Daniel were some pretty interesting characters. Overall the DLC is shit but it's still better than 4 and its DLC combined

he signed up for secret government radiation experiments.

Well usually your ghoul companions are shooting at them. I think they still have a primal intelligence that lets them perceive threats.

Fuck off alien infidel

VIGILO CONFIDO VIGILO CONFIDO PRAISE BRADFORD

You could however encounter them at anytime in one and two.

In that case it's quite possible that she did something to provoke them. There aren't exactly many scientists out there studying wild feral ghoul behavior in the first place.

At least Todders admitted voiced protags was a mistake, so we wont have to worry about that in future fallouts/tes.

It's already been posted itt m8 ghouls didn't kill her she felt herself slipping and decided to die on her own terms instead of turning into a ghoul.

>I hated it, it was boring and didn't make me feel cool or important, I don't want to empathize with people just kill bad guys
>But let me just say that the game which is catered to me is still totally shit, so don't pick on me

no.

bbut anchorage was fun

instead of turning into a feral ghoul I mean. Fuck I need sleep.

I thought he only acknowledged that the dialog system was bad.

I wouldn't write off having voiced protags in future games to be honest.

Isn't his magic reviving ghouls? Which is a normal thing for glowing ones.

The only thing they really fucked up are pre war jet, X-01 in nuka world and t-60 power armour. T-51 was meant to be the best before the war. All they had to do was say the BOS upgraded the T45

No, his "magic" is his glowing one ability to release bursts of radiation.
He just uses the teleportation trick to bitch out of fights he's losing.

Hi Todd.

They can do what they want with the protag voice, I just hope there's more than 5 NPC voices from here on out. Especially Skyrim where you would have multiple major characters in the same scene with the same voice

>You have to have the iq of a 12 year old to believe about alien existence.
>[Deleted]

you just wanted a (you) well here it fucking is

voiced protag is fine, its just when the only responses to EVERY convo are "yes. sarcastic yes. yes? No", that it becomes a problem.

Deleted because not VIDEO GAMES.

Screw adding more NPC voices, why don't we fix the godawful mocap first?

It's hard for me to get invested in any of these characters when they spend half their time baring teeth like a bunch of muties

I don't think it's impossible for them to fix more than one thing user. I mean they could also try not to launch a buggy broken game while they're at it. They never would have gotten away with this shit before the time of post release patches.

Well back in the day people actually liked Bethesda games enough to add unofficial patches that fixed pretty much everything, and Bethesda does everything under this assumption that such a thing continues to happen

So they should just stick to fixing what only they can actually fix

>I don't think it's impossible for them to fix more than one thing

You haven't been a Bethsoft fan very long, have you

Nigger did you even play honest hearts? The whole DLC is literally "kill white legs because they are retarded and can't be negotiated with" your only two options at the end are kill them all and stay or kill most of them and run. That's more akin to 4 than any of the other DLC. Zero diplomatic option. The only thing you'll be doing for most of the DLC is fighting, and with the games awful combat that gets old quickly

This. He was a magician in life and since he basically never left the park he has no idea what Glowing Ones even are so he thinks he's suddenly magical. Honestly it wasn't hard to pick up on it.

Yeah, every Fallout has a weird lore/consistency breaking moment. It just so happens that 4 is constructed entirely out of them.

Dry rock Gultch was short and disappointing. I liked the Galactic Zone and the Kiddie Kingdom.

How are the last two areas?

Safari Zone is kinda cool but also a bit small. The Bottling Plant is just a kill 'em all dungeon basically.

this

Gatorclaws are pretty underwhelming, being about as strong as the weakest deathclaw, but Cito and Chris make for good adventuring partners.

Here's your reply you faggot

>I didn't do any of the survivalist quests, speak to any of the NPCs, and sure as hell didn't understand what the DLC was actually about

Just go play your $19.99 Nuka World and get some ebin meat grinders going

I still don't consider myself a fan. I just got memed into buying their game and then got a couple older games for free.

fucking stoner jokes

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Melchior
Melchior was just a low-rent illusionist mutant who hid a bunch of mutated animals in radioactive goo, not an actual wizard.

I don't have a problem with t-60 power armor as pre-production prototypes pushed into emergency service.

Based on the visual similarities with T-45 I assume that it was being developed as an upgrade to it. Had the world not ended West-Tecs next suit would have probably been an upgrade of the T-51 if the trend continued.

No problem, if we get an angry mob together, we may be able to gunpoint the guys at zenimax to give the rights back to the people who made it and Obsidian should proceed to make Bethesda shit non-canon.

Fuck you todd, your game sucks

You're talking about the infinite user, the truth is that even if there was other sentient life out there, it's quite literally so far outside of our reach that we are more likely to die off as a species before we even reach them.

Space is vast and empty, and until it stops being vast and / or empty, we will have no success in proving if there is life out there.

Also, take into account that we may be one of the first things created after the Big Bang, in relative terms. We've had millions of years, billions even, just to get to this point. Everything has had to go perfectly for us to get here. Our genetics, our history, our morals, everything has led to this moment. If something went wrong along that line, we'd be gone.

The truth is, yes, a 1 in infinity chance is still possible, and most likely true. But it's still a 1 in infinity chance, and we will never know the outcome.

Good album, famalam.

>aliens have been plot since Fallout 2.
>plot
>plot

Random special encounters is not plot, fuckhead.

>Besides, why the fuck would we ever bother interfering in human development?
I don't know. Hyper-advanced civilization trolling?

According to Fallout 4 all ghouls go feral eventually.