Franchise memorial thread

>A franchise you hold near and dear to you is dead

Which one is it for you, Cred Forums?

Pic fucking related

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/09/14/new-armored-core-game-rumored-to-be-in-development/#1d0d13191dd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I keep telling myself I don't care but....

I do.

>Castlevania
>Gradius
>Contra
>Bomberman
>Goemon

When Konami fell they took everything with them.

Such an incredible game. barely even aged.

Words cannot express how much I hate Konami.

tfw Goemon had a high point and low point within it's short life.

Be grateful your favorite franchise's corpse isn't being reanimated and beaten senselessly, OP.

and Bloody Roar, too. that was a Hudson property.

They couldn't even let us say goodbye before they old yeller'd the poor bastard

I want to throw up.

>7 years without a new game

You poor fucks.

Can this just be Capcom/Konami hate thread and

>tfw your favorite died after just three entries

You called?

Sega is the undisputed king of fucking up good franchises.

I'm telling you guys this now, for your own sanity. Let. It. Go. Those companies now would do nothing but tarnish those franchise's good names. It's better this way. Take it from a Metroid fan, it's going to be okay. Enjoy the classics, and move on.

Someone get to work on making a Bomberman fan game. Can't be that hard. I just want to play 8-player bombermang with Cred Forums.

Yooka Laylee exists mate.

Listen to this man

I'm sorry for your loss

I'd rather these franchises die classics than see them inevitably become zombies.

Is this the darkest timeline?

I really want to play this legally, they put the GB and SNES games on Virtual Console why are they holding back on the N64 ?

Goodnight sweet prince

.hack

>tfw your franchise has finally come back to life

>it's a fucking pachinko game
I'm mad. Like incredibly mad. Like planet busting, star piercingly mad.

>People deluding themselves about DMC5 during TGS

It's dead guys. Ninja Theory made sure of that.

>ITT

What went wrong?

>THPS
Will skateboarding ever become relevant again? I'm doubting it since Tony Hawk's retirement.

Everything needs 2000000 sequels, apparently.

It hurts, Cred Forums. It really does...

What was it like knowing the last bit of hope in your heart had been silenced?

>no new 2d Metroid or Prime
It hurts user

Con Man took over. Westernization of everything began.

>Take it from a Metroid fan
Yeah, take it from a guy that passes his day shitposting because his niche series isn't considered at all.

>tfw Naughty Dog sold their souls for accolades and money, and decided to make nothing but pusedo-cinematic experiences
>tfw they will NEVER go back to the fun and colorful games like Jak and Daxter

Too bad. Your favorite developer makes movies now.

RIP in pieces

Maybe it too soon to say but I have the feeling we won't get a non-mobile Rayman game anytime soon.

Not him but it'd be better if they chose something other than a lizard, I'm good with the bat.

TFW you'll never skate on demons while shooting other demons on the face ever again.

The pain of it all...

When you are a konami and capcom franchise fan like me, you know true suffering.

What are you even on about? Wasn't his entire post about moving on and acceptance?

Why are we here?

To suffer?

Which dearly departed franchise did you lose user

user we both know that they're going to replace tawna with coco

I hate all of you. I moved on, don't bring me back.

No, Activision, like everything they do, fucked it up. It's done.

Honestly that's the perfect time for a high quality series to be put to rest. Opinions and junk, etc.

Guys, I think your attitude is unhealthy.
Yes, it's a shame those games have been forgotten but it's really time to move on.
Your kind of behaviour is what makes most of us jaded towards modern videogames. There are a lot of very good new videogames worth playing and being fan of.
Too many times I see people so closed in the past they can't enjoy videogames anymore. Don't do this to yourselves.
Remember your series as good glories that should and must be used as inspiration for the new generation of developers.
But don't live in the past, crying yourselves to sleep.

I want a new Wild Arms so badly.

>true crime
>crash bandicoot
>need for speed
>driver
>Conker's bad furday
>Banjoo kazooie
>silent hill
>that ninja game on the ps1 I think its tenchi or something
And most recently:
>metal gear.

Need I to go on?

Civ

OH, IS THIS A THREAD OF FAILED FRANCHISES? I LOVE THIS

Metal Gear is dead, and what's more its corpse is being desecrated in front of my very eyes.

Shut up, Chiyo's Dad!
I'm going to wear the top half of your head as a hat without any remorse or guilt!

>There are a lot of very good new videogames worth playing and being fan of.

except those games suck

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also SIlent Hill, and this.
I'd even settle for a concluding chapter of LoS. Please let Gabriel die in peace.

But 90% of games that came out recently are shit, no content, shit tons of dlc, disappointing pile of anti fun.
Name five (5) good games that came out or will come out this or next year.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of bad attitude I was talking about. I'm trying to warn you but if you like to live in the past, the only thing I can say is: I glad I'm not jaded like you.

And no, I won't fail for the "post a list so I can call them shit" thing.

No one wants to live in the past. I like games from the past, but I also realize how dated they are. I want the stuff I enjoyed in the past now, except we live in a time where those enjoyments arent possible anymore because they were made by different people in a different time. Make no mistake, I don't care about nostalgia, but I know what kind of game I like. No different from people who know what kind of books they like reading. And we don't have those games anymore.

But they are bad games, they are not fun with no repeatability and no redeeming factors.

>That Mega Man "design"
>Mighty No. 9

You guys got it up the ass this year,s twice. I feel really bad for you bros.

Mostly castlevania. Not thatbloodstained isn;t cv in everything but name.

But I'll miss Dracula, even though he's public domain and all that.

Motherfucking Spore.

Maxis could've had used their last years to make Spore 2, a improvement over the original or bunch of DLCs that improve the original game.

Another thread where kids cry that their favourite franchise ended like all should.

DmC ended with 3. It doesn't need anymore.

Crash ended with 3. It doesn't need anymore.

Most of the games here don't need more sequels "just because I like them ;_;"

They ended. I wouldnt want a sequel to blade runner ffs.

>Franchise holocaust tier
Konami (+Hudson)

>Franchise killer tier
Capcom
EA

>Company with Alzheimer tier
Nintendo
SEGA
Ubisoft

>"What? Old franchise? Have a lazy port" tier
SquareEnix
Atari

I can't believe they did this shit.

I think we're used to it by now, as terrible as it is. At least we can make fun of Metroidfags overreacting though.

>Crash ended with 3. It doesn't need anymore.
CTR, Twinsanity and most GBA games were good though. All after 3.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Sucks that there wasn't any more of it, after the studio had reduced funds.

At least we have HD remakes of the trilogy in development.

You do know they're making a sequel to Blade Runner, right?

>352080532
Here's to (You)

i rarely come on Cred Forums but when i do i come for the feels

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/09/14/new-armored-core-game-rumored-to-be-in-development/#1d0d13191dd8

don't let anyone lie to you.
armored core died on the playstation 2.

it shook violently on the 3 attempting to claw its way back to life

but the studio's success with demons soul/ dark souls ensured they had little to no talent working on the games anymore.

they were nothing more than hollow imitations, with all of the graphics, music(which always sucks but its ok), items, and story

but the most important thing they missed is the love, and the fun.

i feel you guys on the konami, and capcom games.

ESPECIALLY metroid and castlevania

suprisingly, in my opinion nintendo seems to be the only company when compared to other companies that has a good grip on their series. with the exception of metroid, i really don't think they know what to do with it.

as for MMO's that broke my heart like an unfaithful girlfriend that also steals your dog.

guildwars. i could go on and on about how great this game was to me but holy shit my hype levels for guildwars2 were unprecedented

until guildwars 2 came out. i have never been so disappointed by a game like that in my life i played it for a whole month and it was gruelling effort every hour. how can a sequel be so different...i just don't understand.

and lastly the last game i had a lot of fun with that never got the chance to live out its life is mischief makers for n64

And I don't want it

everything except MonHun

triggered

Everything these guys said sums up my feelings.

Good post. My autism forces me to make a digression.

>with the exception of metroid, i really don't think they know what to do with it.
That's because Metroid is good as it is. It doesn't need more. Leave it as it is. It peaked with Super, all gen 6 Metroid games have been a pleasant surpise but also very lucky. Fusion, while great, already felt it was going to the wrong route.
Fact is, its fans keep asking for more when more isn't needed at all. And when they get "more" with subpar games, they complain like retards. They can't accept Metroid is done. Like Mother, Itoi had the right idea of saying that was the last one period. Something that should have happened with Super Metroid.

Nintendo doesn't know what to do with Metroid because NOBODY knows it either. Look at how AM2R is praised. It's a fucking remake. It's nothing new. Not even fans know what to do with Metroid, they are stuck in remaking already good games for the sake of it and clapping at it like it's a huge achievement.

Meanwhile games like Axiom Verge that actually try something new using the good old Metroid formula but in new ways are largery ignored by the Metroid fanbase, that keeps living stuck in a limbo of crying for more new Metroid and at the same time complaining about that more new Metroid.

Really, I wish they would leave Metroid alone. Not Nintendo, the fanbase. Stop begging. Stop sperging. Enjoy what Metroid was and be glad it existed at all.

>tfw no .hack hd collection

Feelsbadman.jpg

The monHun devs might as well be a separate division of Capcom. They have so much success the MonHun IP is more important than Capcom itself.

You got it really bad, shit.

RIP F-Zero
RIP Star Fox
RIP Bummerman

>like an unfaithful girlfriend that also steals your dog.
>tfw this happened to me in real life
>tfw dog dies a year later because of incident

It took years to get over that shit ;_;

>Miyamoto killed his own franchise

Better than Command and Adventures, to be quite honest. Krystalfags being butthurt to it is just icing to the cake.
Also, it's not killed. SF64 3DS sold very well.

Let's have at it.

Where do I even start

>sf64 3ds sold very well

Yes because it was a remake of a good game

A jaded, bad attitude towards modern games is certainly a possibility, but it's also a possibility that there really isn't anything particularly fun coming out these days. It's cliche and lends itself to nostalgiafag-ing but they really don't make em like they used to. Everything from the business models to the creative talents responsible for birthing series have all changed and been washed out, and they're not going to come back. Now that there's more potential for marketability in games than there ever has been, I'm not surprised most games coming out feel and look like watered down, uninteresting experiences.

Not only bomberman going down is sad, but the composer from that game was the shit. IIRC they only did the soundtrack to that game and then nothing else (or nothing else of note).

Dead franchises are one thing, but those can at least have the chance to shine before they're snuffed out. Me, I mourne one hit wonders who will likely never have another shot ever again. DH is an example but then again so is like half Treasure's library.

I think the problem with Metroid lies with both the devs and the fans. The former wants to put more narrative and lore in the game, while the latter just wants classic gameplay.

Now, those aren't mutually exclusive things, but it has to be done right. Other M tried and bombed so hard it effectively tainted any further attempts, and an attempt to show a side of the universe that is only tangentially related to Samus got so much backlash on its reveal that it probably sent the wrong message to the devs.

The point is, the devs do need to make a Metroid game that is much closer to the series roots, but the fans also have to accept that they'll get more story-based and narrative things to go along with it. If they want Metroid to be the A-tier franchise they believe it is, it needs to have something to draw in new fans instead of remaining with the so-called hardcore.

God damn it I almost completely forget about this lovely gem. That game was fun challenging and had a good atmosphere with great gameplay. Why did it not get a sequel is beyond me.

Sometimes is better this way
At least you got a hd collection

Yes. So it's not a dead series.

fuck nigga
i still pop in and play spore for like 30 minutes once and awhile just to create a few creatures to fill in the void
maybe actually play the game if im really feeling desperate

Treasure was against making direct sequels, at least back in those days.

I would've loved to have seen this franchise soar

Holy shit. How can sega own so many incredible franchises?

Monster world has a sequel coming out in a few months

The company was founded directly so that they could get away from making sequels over and over.

I really think Metroid should stay untouched. At this point, I do believe that Nintendo could do a game like fans want and they would still complain.
And as I pointed out, nor the main devs nor the fangame devs have a damn clue about what to do with the franchise except making remakes.

I really think Metroid MUST put to rest. Forever. And I say this a s a Metroid fan. Leave it to idies or other companies to keep the Metroid and Castlevania traditions alive with things like Axiom Verge and Bloodstained.

I don't think we'll ever see Metroid die completely out, but probably shelved indefinitely like F-Zero until the conditions are just right to bring it back. But I don't see them going back to 2D sprites for future entries, which will probably set off drama of its own because the fans just want regular Metroid back!

Sigh. So much wasted potential.

>Leave it to idies or other companies to keep the Metroid and Castlevania traditions alive with things like Axiom Verge and Bloodstained.
I'll agree too, everything, including game series have lifespans and I think fans and devs alike should be aware of them.

I'm really hoping we get slow, rolling waves of quality independent games that can scratch that itch most of us want. I hope people learn to take time on them, and ensure they're original and of good quality. And in the spirit of moving on, less fan games as time goes on, I'd love to see more quality independent series being born.

This fucking company.

>In an alternate timeline there was a sequel to the ds game for the 3ds that finished the story of the game

I want to believe

Lizardphobia or something retarded like that?

Microsoft ruins everything they touch. Not surprised Rare went tits up.

Spore never looked more than average.
You all were just blinded by stupid hype and not thinking.

>he's in school and Mega Man is his secret identity
Just let the franchise die already. It's less painful.

It's not like Sony is less guilty here. All those gen 5 and 6 IPs, gone. And Nu Male's sky started becoming fake promises: the game the moment Sony put its hands on it.

Not exactly a huge deal, but I would like more entries, even if they're jp only.

I feel positive about Yooka Laylee and cautiously optimistic about it, but the main character designs I think both sort of missed the mark. I can't explain it, they just don't feel very striking to me.

The name also doesn't really roll off the tongue/sound as natural as "Banjo/Kazooie". But these are sort of petty concerns either way

Sea of Thieves looks actually great

the ost was pretty good at least

Oh, don't get me wrong,.Sony is a shit company too, with their garbage first party support, I was just pointing out how Microsoft even touching Rare was the end of that developer.

Herpetophobia fear of reptiles

>Mega Man is now Peter Parker

The sooner Capcom goes bankrupt, the better, they need to be out of the gaming industry at this point.

Pls TimeSplitters 2/FP Steam HD remaster with multiplayer

>Herpetophobia [1] is a common specific phobia, which consists of fear or aversion to reptiles,
>common
Fucking bullshit.

im sorry user. but it is the pain i feel, i just wished to share the burden.

out of that entire picture i can only say i personally would love to see 7 or 8 of those titles continued.

everything is is mediocre. (but in a good way, it just means i can accept their death)

this is heart wrenching

i can understand why many people would wan't to do this.

but the thing is, often times it's not the sequels that i want. its the spiritual successor, the quality, soul of the games.

for instance. take yoshi's island for super nintendo and compare it to the 3ds yoshi's island. now try and think about yoshi's wooly world.

compare these to the donkey kong series all the way from snes to wii u. in my OPINION, the snes kong games were fun and great, the n64 ones less so, with the hand held kong games coming in far behind. only recently on the wii u did kong get his soul back. tropical freeze is in my opinion a really fun donkey kong game

this is the sad truth.
but accepting this, would mean accepting that there is no santa clause, wrestling is fake, spike dies at the end, and that it's not games getting worse, its you getting older. :(

>kids today only know him from Skylanders, if at all
>they don't know he even had his own games or how good they were
F

Spyro was always shit.

F

Pretty much this. Like Ghostbusters' movies or Harry Potter books, they were good, stop making them and avoid to ruin them with new shit.

>they don't know he even had his own games or how good they were
At least the originals are on the Playstation store.

This is why we need thread IDs. Oh, don't bother posting a screencap edited in photoshop. Everyone sees through your shitposting.

I'm still surprised that Capcom hasn't used this series to bank on the Dark Souls love.

That was supposed to be Deed Down. That, go figure, is now waporware.
Thanks for reminding me we won't ever get a new GnG or Maximo.

>No more Gargoyle Quest

Capcom has mismanaged themselves so badly that they have to just milk the shit out of their remaining viable franchises.

Megaman got milked to death because they wanted the money, and now the franchise is a rotting corpse. Ironically, they killed off Battle Network prematurely, which was the series that had been making the most money out of the lot of them at the time.

Now they have to rely on SF V (which is not meeting expectations), Monster Hunter (their only savior), and Resident Evil (LOL).

RIP all of their IPs. We will dearly miss you.

Meanwhile, they keep making Ace Attorney games and refusing to localize them. Cunts, jews, cancer.

>There will never be another Tomba game.
Second choice is Beyond Good and Evil. The sequel will never happen, honestly I would rather modern Ubisoft never make it because it will just be a re-skinned assassins creed.

I'd never use retarded meme-tier words like "sonyponies" and I own a PS2 and 3.

It's just that Spyro is shit.

>I'd never use retarded meme-tier words like "sonyponies"

Are you trying to actually say something?

>screencap edited in photoshop
Nigga people just edit html. Or do it in paint, it's not that hard.

I wish we could have a non shitty final fantasy game. Seems like the franchise died after 9 to me

I'd just like another decent Tactics game, or more updated versions that weren't of 7.

They should let work the FF IX and XII director at a mainline title once again.

Shame the 2010 game was so 'meh'.