Regret thread

Anyone else fall for the Overwatch meme? I managed to resist it for a couple months after release, I didn't buy it until July. I played the shit out of it for a week and now it's going on two months since I've last played. I knew this was going to happen and I still fucking did it.

none

it's a team game, if you don't have friends to play it with it gets old quick.

I bought it a few weeks after release and I'm still playing it now.

Overwatch is a team game that not everyone can get into and I think their advertising didn't necessarily paint that picture. Probably just not for you.

I haven't played it in a few weeks I still want to play it but input lag is tied directly to framerate and it feels extremely unresponsive compared to CS:GO unless your running 200+ FPS. Can't get that on my PC without making the game look absolutely horrible. Will probably play it again after I upgrade.

Well my brother bought the game for himself and let me all summer to play in his profile, and I can say the memes are pretty fun, everyone makes Harambe jokes when sombody play Winston. I plan to buy the game for myself too. I can buy the game today, but I want to wait until my classes are over.

Bought it a week after release. Also bought it for a friend (who is broke) by creating a new account, buying the game there, and giving the account details to him.

We played it for 3 weeks and then pretty much nothing. The game is annoying, the graphics are bad, the time before the gates open is too long (just spawn the defenders next to the cargo and cut the time), having retarded allies will just cost you too much and the classes means you either become the healbitch or have no support. Even worse is when you can either pick healbitch and heal a shitty team for all youre worth and see gaping flaws in your defense, or pick the class yourself and show them how its done.

Overwatch is nice and casual.
I can come home from work and play a few rounds of qp without needing to get my mojo on.

I still play it regularly but they NEED to release content on a more consistent basis as far as characters and maps go.

>want to play because want to do competitive Matchmaking and sick of Dota 2
>no one can give me a concise answer on if it's worth it or not
>even friends and family who play now have some foggy, grey area answer

>and let me all summer
>and I can say the memes are pretty fun
You like a game because of terrible forced memes? Jesus christ go away cancer

This

Solo gets pretty boring

It's not competitive. Blizzard forced that through marketing because of the current trend in esports.

It's a casual shooter in the same vein as TF2.

BDC.

>competitive team game with random other people
This should be a red flag.

Also it is a casual shooter made for quick play, they just push the esport angle because that sells

Yeah thanks for posting your completely original thread, definitely haven't seen this thread before

Not at all

Played the hell out of it until a month ago, now I just kind of pop in for a game or two on weekends. I'm exciting about future updates and it'll probably remain my multiplayer shooter of choice for some time.

Do you like TF2
If you do, buy it.
If you don't, don't.

I enjoy the game too and I like the charactes cosmetics. If I am cancer what are you a Genji main?

In your opinion what games are competitive shooters?

It's like the Smash 4 of shooters.

stopped playing after a few weeks. Widowmaker was OP when I last played.

duel shooters like quake are top tier. Objective based gameplay with randoms is pure cancer. Youre stuck filling some role and praying your teammates know how not to suck cock.

Don't listen to this fucking idiot, Overwatch has nothing to do with TF2.

it's a fun game, it's just TF2 does everything better. TF2 has better pacing, more in depth classes, better level design, and it's all around more fun. Overwatch is fun for like 3 games, it's just a bit too simple and get's boring quick. All the characters basically play the same. It's kinda feels like modern WoW in that way.

>playing Overwatch

Fuck nigger, you only have yourself to blame for that shit. The game is as shallow as a puddle and it's made for retards to make maximum dosh. Sorry you fell for the bullshit.

What do you mean? They are very different for sure, but I think they are similar in essence enough to judge whether one will like the game or not.

i've been playing it infrequently since launch week, the thing that kills the game for me is the lack of updates.
so far we've had what, 1 map and 1 hero?

I had fun with it, probably for over a hundred hours. After a while the balance and constant changing of heroes started to get to me so I've stopped playing until they get their shit together and make something more stable.

i regret being born