Attack on Titan

What weapon am I supposed to use in this fucking game?

Other urls found in this thread:

attackontitan.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Spears
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why they havent developed aircraft with the tech they have is beyond me

the best you can construct. apparently you dont get the good materials until you "finish" the game which involve doing all of the side missions, im in the third part of those, dont know how long its going to take. my weapons are kinda shitty now.

I can't remember what my weapons are, but I just bought the weapons that would make me go fast, because fast is fun.

Get Sharp Blades and yeah.

More of a Bump.

Their tech is borderline medieval, and life restricted to tiny area inside walls. There's no materials, knowledge nor space for that.

Its fucking M. Night Shyamalan's The Village anime edition. Aircrafts exist they just don't know about them

The lack of technological development is actually a plot point in the manga. The government is suppressing advancement.

Technology is suppressed. SnK is Divergent-like.

i have:
third gen blade mk 2
scabbard of the sky
third gen gear mk 2

and like i said, im in the third "chapter" of the side missions and my weapons are starting to be weak. or rather they have way too much nape health.

>gas powered jetpacks
>grappling hooks with manual release control
>cant figure out a wing or engine
>no space
what about all the fields between walls

>all these weeaboos claiming they are low tech
Pretty sure super advanced pulley system grappling hook dealies don't exist in our world and certainly didn't exist in the middle ages.
Just say "because anime" because that's the reason.

Because anime.

I picked this up not knowing anything about it and having no interest in this series especially during the height of its flavor of month status. It's pretty fun
>tfw you dip below a wall and your momentum is fucked

The katana

It is the best

If you want S rank easy just you Levi or Mikasa.

If not just complete on your own leisure and upgrade the weapons with the most asthetics. Remember to fort them as well.

Great fucking story

This, read the fucking manga.

yeah i already got them at level 7 though so im doing eren right now. just grinding shit out

Da guberment gunned down anyone who did, the second it was overthrown thunderspears were developed

Oh spoilers by the way

The circumstances clearly called for scientific rush

Really once you play Levi the rest just seem so lackluster. The only one that I really prefer as well is Edwin cause he has pretty good physical stats with team work skills but really chain attack makes grinding so so so much easier.

i heard conny can get 9999 hits, havent tried him out yet, people say its a glitch, but yeah chain attacks at level 7 are the best

Serious question, is this legit worth 60 bucks?

Never watched the anime, but a high-mobility game might be fun

Yup. But you have to grind out a lot of fucking gear to do that. We are talking NG late game tier gear here. With +999 fort and some shit. If you just want to complete the game and maybe true attack mode, Levi will suffice.

wait for a sale unless you're a die hard fan of the show

It's fun but wait for a sale

No they don't. They are at an early victorian era except for apparently futuristic knowledge of biological manipulation.

Do you like the source material?
Do you like to be fucking spiderman?
If you said yes to both. It is worth 60 bucks. If you said yes to one, wait for a sale.
No to both? Wait for it to drop to 5 dollars cause it is worth playing.

I think the actual reason why they only have two futuristic things is because of But yeah, chances are that was just a plot point the writer came up with after he already created the manga, and the real reason why they live in a medieval sci-fi world is "Because Anime".

This. I was hesitant about buying it for 60 but I'm playing the fuck out of it. Finishing epilogue then probably start grinding some gear before true attack because I feel a little behind.

Definety worth the money if you like AoT and the combat looks fun to you. This is my first "musou" game but it seems different enough from what I've seen of others too.

Read the manga dumb nigger.

It is not even a typical musou game. Nothing more glorious than chaining together 6 titan kills together without touching the ground. This game makes me feel so good.

Is attack on titan still popular or did everyone move on like three years ago this was the hottest shit on the planet

Its dead

People don't want to read the Manga and since the anime is releasing slower then the Asoiaf books there's not much hype for it.

>get a knife and zip-rope shit to maneuver self around fuck-huge enemies attempting to cut their necks
>not just getting a gun and shooting the fuck out if it
>not burning the fuckers to death
>no poison
>no shocking
>no dismemberment
>cut their necks, guys :^))))))
A million ways to kill any living thing and they choose to do the most inane shit. Bravo.

>since the anime is releasing slower then the Asoiaf books there's not much hype for it.

Season 2 2017 senpai.

That's what happens when a monthly series that just started gets an anime adaptation basically right out the gate

Except the entire thing about guns was dealt with in the first episode of the show.

They have canons and guns.
But they're shitty pirate era cannons and muskets. The muskets can't even penetrate the skin deep enough and the cannons are a bitch to aim and take ages to reload.

>I like to not actually watch/read things but then bitch about them as if I know every facet of the series

Bravo.

They're dumb village people they have cannons and shit

great job not knowing a single goddamn thing about attack on titan
go shitpost somewhere else dumbass

did you even read/watch it?

they need to cut the nape because every titan has a human in the neck they gotta chop out so it dies.

I haven't really kept updated with the manga since monkey trouble, anything exciting happen since then?

Some people died, Eren almost got eaten and now everyone wants to nibble on his tasty titan ass.

they found out what's in the basement and it's a doozy.

The government shuts down any technology they deem too advanced. This isn't shown in the first season of the anime but there were guys making more advanced fire arms, like revolvers and the government took them away and imprisoned them or some shit.

The jetpacks aren't really jetpacks. AFAIK most of the acceleration is generated by the grappling hook reeling itself in. There's a scene where a guy is out of gas and his hook won't reel in, or maybe it just wouldn't fire. I think there might be a bit of a boost to help you get off the ground but I always assumed it was basically exhaust fumes. I think the manual release you mention is just a plot convenience thing.

With the fields I assume most of that is for food production. Somewhere they talk about their equipment, specifically the swords, and the way I remember it implies that the metal used is somewhat rare, which could be a factor in technological stagnation.

>But yeah, chances are that was just a plot point the writer came up with after he already created the manga
or he just wanted it to be a tweest

>they finaly come down to the basement
>electric light
fucking illuminati

The weapon of choice. Make the right one and stop playing garbage games branded from a garbage anime.

ILLUMINATED

To put it in shorter terms - their government intentionally suppressed the development of technology because the king was a puppet of a pro titan faction that possessed powers capable of mass brainwashing.

Pretty sure SnK was already years old before the anime debuted.

They fixed the wall.

I know anime is retarded but really? A cannon/musket can't penetrate as deep as a 15 year old angsty boy with a sword?
Calm down, it's clearly a children's cartoon with no connection to reality.

At the distances they'd need to be, no, it can't. And the swords are really really sharp.

The cannons are capable of killing a titan, but usually what happens is they just blow off limbs or punch holes in the body which regenerate. The muskets could blind titans by firing into the eyes, but they weren't effective against titans outside of that. Penetration wasn't an issue, the titans can survive and regenerate any wound unless you destroy the nape of the neck.

>can't penetrate as deep as a 15 year old angsty boy with a sword?

Eren doesn't kill a titan with the swords in the manga until like, deep into what would probably be season 2 or early season 3 of the anime. Most people get their shit ate.

They made a new version of the 3D gear that can shoot guns but none of the people using it can aim for shit and even if they hit someone, no one dies.
And lightning spears that are explosive throwing spears. They took down the armored titan twice with the things, but he still got away because of monkey.

It's not just that the swords are sharp, they're probably the best metal alloy they can create with the technology they're allowed to have.

I mean they're muskets, so they're most likely firing lead balls, compared to some kind of steel titanium alloy. The cuts have to be a certain depth as well, so it's a pretty good explanation for why melee is the go to.

Annie is the greatest.
No other character even comes close.
No other character is as well written or deep.
If you disagree, you're objectively wrong.
Every arc without her has been shitty and lacking.
I'm tired of following around the flat and boring characters.
She is the most human character and by far the most interesting.
Legitimately, the plot and entire manga is suffering without her.
Other characters like Eren or Historia just can not bring anything to the table.
Vilify her all you want, but she is able to sacrifice for the greater good.
Eren and friends? A bunch of boring faggots. Ymir? A shit.
Annie brings great characterization and literary merit. She makes the whole manga.
Nobody has shown even an ounce of the depth she can bring.
Not Levi, not Eren, nor Historia.
In one short monologue, Annie blew all the other characters out of the water.
Eren and Mikasa are fucking shits.
Isayama needs to step up his fucking game and drop the fujobait brigade.
Seriously, why isn't Annie the main character?
Luckily, she will wake up soon and make this manga interesting again.
I will wait for her.
Forever.
Everything I do, I do it for her.

>all those characters that are in the game but not playable

literally why

This is the one game where Koei could actually get away with having a shitload of characters but not having much of anything in terms of movesent variety, and this is the one game where they don't do that unlike in all of their other fucking games.

Would it not be more effective to use a musket or flintlock pistol at close range?
Or better yet if they have crazy powerful grappling hook technology why not just use zip lines to wrap around the titan's neck and saw the head off. Surely something that can fling people hundreds of yards into the air could get more force behind it than children with swords.
Even if I concede that swords are the best option, why not an axe or a kukri? This show's tech is bothering me now.

>petra

muh nigga

I was really really surprised when she died. Hell I was surprised when the whole team died.

Like really sharp?

post yfw THEY FUCKING MADE IT

The only fame they don't do this is Gundam musou. There's 3 One Piece games and there have been characters who were in all 3 and still aren't playable

DLC. Or, knowing how KOEI operates, superior sequel with shit ton more content.

Yeah, but One Piece has characters with drastically different movesets. In something like Attack on Titan you're basically just fiddling their stats around because they all still rappel around. Compare Luffy and Jimbei in how they play, for example.

Armin became a titan, he stole Bertholt's colossus titan power by eating him
They reached the basement
Erwin died
There was a coup d'etat and Christa is now the queen

Annie is for ____?

The art in this is terrible
TERRIBLE

I seriously don't even know who follows it for the story anymore. It's popular, author was obviously given quotas and he has to extend the manga further. This is never a good thing creatively.

Spoilers?

>Even if I concede that swords are the best option, why not an axe or a kukri? This show's tech is bothering me now.

I don't see why an axe would help for how the swords need to be used, the cut has to be deep enough. I think it's over a foot in depth. I also think they're straight swords because it'd be easiest to 'reload' the blades; the hilts are also the controls for the grappling packs and the blades are disposable.

>Would it not be more effective to use a musket or flintlock pistol at close range?

Well, when they blind a few titans with their rifles, they were pretty close so they could fire right into the eyes. If you mean using a gun in combo with the grappling shit and to fire right into the nape, I just don't see how that'd be as effective or sure fire as cutting out the entire nape. AFAIK the human inside the neck can also regenerate; the reason the sword thing works is because the human is severed from the titan body, killing the titan part.

Nigga the fuckin manga has been going on for almost 10 years and the anime is 3 years old by now, if you haven't seen it by now you're not going to ever.

Not that user, but this was years ago, user.

being best girl

so was ONE's manga but now he's rich as fuck.

Follow yo dreams!!!!

I want Mikasa and Ymir to take turns sitting on my face.

Like, just sit on my face. Take that big, round, shapely, voluptuous derriere and just plant it right on my face. Rest your legs on either side of my head and suffocate me.

PW has by far the best roster variety, but that's mainly because of the source material.

>Bertholt got a nendoroid

It's gotten a bit better

Y-you wouldn't bully her, r-right...? She's a s-sensitive girl...

As for the axes/kukris curved blades cut deeper than straight edges. You have a point about reloading the blades and that's probably the reasoning but it just doesn't sit right with me. Also with those crazy grappling hooks couldn't they just make a gas propelled kill stick similar to what people use on cows?

I wonder how people are gonna react when Krista randomly becomes the MC for the entire second half of season 2

Will Berserk be good? Visually it looks alright but there's only like 30 seconds of gameplay out there and that game comes out in a month

>couldn't they just make a gas propelled kill stick similar to what people use on cows

They actually made one, later. When they got rid of the royalty that intentionally suppressed scientific developments.

attackontitan.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Spears

it's a musou so you know if it'll be good or not based on if you like them

as for character variety, let's hope there's enough to keep things interesting

Fuck you, it was in my backlog. I was planning to read in a few days since the game released. Now I don't even want to read it knowing that.

>Get the AoT game
>Annie isn't playable
FUCKING NIPS I can play as CONNY and fucking JEAN but I can't play as annie?
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

There are 100000000x worse spoilers you could read. She wasn't a main character, user. Still sad though.

>I can't enjoy a show unless there's enough masturbation/idiotic romantic fantasy material

What is your favorite AoT ship anons?
Mine is Petra x Tree

Eren x Mikasa

>An anime series where women are munched on and ripped apart as much as men
Is this /our anime/?

Have to make people buy the sequel somehow.

I want Annie, Petra and Miche.

You'd like TerraForMars too, kek.

Why is Mina and Thomas in every fucking expedition mission bothering me when the died at the start of the series?

she didnt matter,nothing is ruined just by knowing that

Historia x Eren

nigga I didn't spoil the ending to LOTR for you or something. They were side characters around for a couple episodes.

Your'e a fucking baby.

You know, i might've watched this anime if the titans didn't look so fucking stupid.
how can people like it when they look like that?

> curved blades cut deeper than straight edges

They cut deeper when slashing, what they do is more like a stab and then slice.

Full.

Isn't Christa actually kind of a fucking asshole, and this kindhearted and warm personality she has just a front? It's been a while and I think I stopped reading shortly afterwards but I remember getting that impression after the Historia reveal.

Petra is playable in the actual skill based attack on titan game

That's their appeal in my opinion. Totally mindless giant retards who want to eat you are a lot scarier for the same reason zombies are scary.

I really love the infatuation Mikasa has for Eren. She almost worships the guy, in her own way.

Sasha is actually a pretty strong character when you level her up.

It's honestly pretty fucking cute. I hope they become a "real" family one day.

Her design is borderline moeblob so I can imagine some people being annoyed

They're creepy and fucked up giant humans, it's practically body horror sometimes.

That's actually one of the best parts about the titans, none of them look alike. They're all proportioned differently with different kinds of faces and facial expressions. And the abnormals are always interesting, like the sprinting retard or the spider-like jumper.

Are "generic" abnormals still a thing later on in the manga? I kinda stopped noticing them after the monkey titan showed up.

Been a long time since I read but I thought the writer was pairing Eren with Historia or whatever her name is.

Has anyone gotten the platinum for this game yet? Getting 100% in the gallery just seems like the most grindy shit ever

As far as I know only Ymir is a more generic looking abnormal. All the other abnormals stand out significantly.

Because Annie, Bert and Reiner would be giving away the plot

I liked this twist

>le gov at it again :D

Screams for a shit excuse

They actually managed to develop hot air balloons.

What are the Titans anyway? I tried to get into the anime but I fucking hate the pacing.

Either mutated humans turned into giant "zombies" or flesh mechas, depending on the type of titan.

NEW CHAPTER IS OUT GOYIM

There's even one who acts like a dog

Humans injected with Titan serum.

Common Titans are kinda failures though, as they slowly absorb the human inside them until the only thing left of them is the spinal cord.

Titan Shifters are successful titans, able to go back to their human form.

If a common titan eats a titan shifter, he becomes atitan shifter himself. This is a possible explanation as to why titans eat humans- they are instinctively trying to become human again.

It also why the have to cut the nape.

That's where the remaining spine is. Hit the titan anywhere else and they just regenerate

And the nordic name girl too

btw where the fuck is she now? Was she eaten by hair titan dude?

Went with Reiner and Bert to the end of the walls but doesnt show up ever again after that