One Way Heroics+/Mystery Chronicles

Can we have a thread about those games? Finished + a few months ago so I started up the spin-off and am quite enjoying it so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/409000/discussions/3/350533172679322728/?ctp=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

want to try them

is the first one (not +) good? What are the difference between the normal version and the + one?

Plus is just plain better, there's no point playing the original once you have Plus.

Bump

I do too.

I've finally been cutting through my steam backlog and finally got to OWH this week. Didn't know it had a sequel huh.

Cute little mechanic, but the game gets repetitive fast even playing as different classes most playthroughs are starting to blend. Does the new one fix that?

is Mystery Chronicles worth the 9€ ? does it add a lot ?

The original is good too but the expansion just improves the game in every way.

It's quite long and has a different story I think. And better graphics overall.

winter sell purchase

To be fair I believe the first game and even the expansion only started to sell well when they were at massive -75% off.

OWH is cheap and the core mechanics are the same, so it's best to buy it on sale for pennies, and get + if you like the game.

>steam reviews: mixed
I don't know, user.
I'll just stick to + and wait until the winter sale or something.
i wish i wasn't terrible at the game

Any tips to get good and clear the quest to unlock new classes?
Trying to unlock this samurai but barely made it to 90km because bunch of dragons spawning left and right.

Try another world user.

>90km
900km, fug.

I just run away from them here. Fuck those things.

>it's another spooky scary skeleton thow your party into the ocean episode

Any tips for class+perks should i choose so that i get rekt less?

in + knight is really good

What about MC?

don't know
you can't go wrong with swordmaster knight and hero class

Bump

Want to fight the Darkness, how strong it is?
I know I need a Holy weapon but is it something I can fight early or do I need to travel 1000+km before trying?

You just gotta dodge its attack, that's all.

Can I go melee or do I still need to dodge the Darkness?

I suggest getting a holy bow or a holy spear
A holy bow lets you awaken the darkness by shooting normal arrows into it and let's you easily hit it wthout risking fucking up and getting killed by the autoscroll
I suggest leveling up for a bit before fighting it
Also don't carry explosive items because the flame attack hurts quite a bit, so armors that help with fire attacks are good
If you have a buddy tablet you can recruit the Demon lord too if you talk to him after awakening the darkness

Thanks.
Only have Holy Axe Elizabeth so I guess I'll need to find better stuff.

You could always throw the axe into the darkness and then get real close to it and attack it with a normal spear
I just went full combo swordmaster, used the berserk skill and timestop until it died
I don't remember if non-ranged weapons can hurt it

How high was your level? I don't want to waste my axe and failing to kill the Darkness.

I rushed it and fought it right after the Demon lord spawned in the second difficulty mode, but I used all my most powerful items from the vault and got real lucky with the combos but I barely made it
If you want to better odds you should level up more than me or just buy a save crystal and save before fighting it

Will do, thanks.

I love Buff Young Girl Mila!

I love Coco!

Thanks m8.

As long as there arent multiple of them, they're pretty easy to defeat.
Just keep walking so that they cant shoot at you and eventually they'll be right next to you.
Same with gobbos

Yeh those things are weak at melee thankfully. They'll hurt hard if they hit from range though.

What even are these games? Is this that oldschool with a twist thing like Half-Minute Hero? I could go for another one of those.

>Is this that oldschool with a twist thing like Half-Minute Hero
Kinda, i got similar impression while playing this game.
You're forced to run east the entire game while defeating enemies, leveling up keeping and selling stuff.

One Way Heroics is a roguelike where you go right while the advancing wall of death pursues you from the left. There's multiple endings, multiple ways to beat the game, party members to recruit, lots of different options to tweak the difficulty, and there's some minor online features including special worlds that change daily.
Also it has a dog girl in it.

Neat, sounds like it might be fun for the price they're asking.

You absolutely can't fight the Darkness with a weapon range of 1 tile. It needs to be a spear or something, or you get consumed by the Darkness.

MC is pissing me off with all the little changes for the worse.

Why the hell is purchase confirmation a separate button

Also you need a twitter account to see other players. Why, the original didn't need this bullshit.

And then, you can only see the ten most recent clears of a world. What a pitiful number that is.

Fuck traps.

I tried to unlock all the endings a while ago but got bored halfway through plus reading the japanese wiki was tiring even though it has everything.

Does the game remember what endings you've got before?

>Does the game remember what endings you've got before?
Yes, check the extra in the menu screen.

Yes. You can view them in the extras menu

Don't forget lolis in the spin-off.

To be fair you don't even really see them, because you can only see them when they tweeted. Not sure how you can even get to see the ghosts.

>Not sure how you can even get to see the ghosts.

I just told you, user. You need twitter.

Looks like a shitty waifubait game.

The new game is definitely a lot more waifu bait than the originals were, but it isn't like the original wasn't.

I'm hesitating on whether or not to call it shitty though, it just feels lacking in polish to the originals.

Wanted Feral Dog +3 is best girl

So how many companions are there in Chronicles?
Nami
Keyton
Cody I think thats his name, only met him once
Loli
Merrill
Alma
Aerdou
Dosey
Bard guy
Am i missing someone?

Stepped on a landmine and an arrow trap in quick succession while evading a tough monster, losing all 1/2 of my remaining HP.

Come the fuck on these traps are retarded, do they seriously expect me to attack every single space before I move onto it?

>You sense a kindred spirit ->

Everytime.

Landmine traps are so fucking retarded. They instant kill any following companions, and deal percentage damage to you and your party members.

Not to mention they fucking set you on fire.

Oh yeah, the Dragon too.

No I mean I think for a ghost to appear the dead dude probably needs to have tweeted about his death otherwise it'll never appear.

No, you literally won't see spirits unless you link your twitter account. The moment I linked my account, the very next run had plenty dead people in it.

For those of you actually playing Mystery Chronicles I recommend that you stay the everliving fuck away from Normal Mode if you want to enjoy the game

It gets really fucking stupid in normal mode once you get around 1200~ km. It starves you of healing items for miles,loves to spawn 400+ HP GENERIC enemies that go in on you for 50 HP a hit in groups of 3 and forces you into close quarters with those generic shitters.

The trap whining is pretty much a meme as well so don't fret about it. They'll never fuck you over too much.

>They'll never fuck you over too much.

Man, when they fuck you over hard, you'll remember it every time you play this game.

The worst they can do to me is knock me into lava but at the same time I will just insta Alt+F4 and reload my game while not giving a fuck.

>reload my game

And this is why they're bullshit. They can also set you on fire, instantly killing you if you're carrying any flammables, or with those stupid decay traps, just constantly lay waste to all your equipment.

Is it just me, or does switching through window sizes leave the graphics bugged once you circle back to the max size?

Like they're missing anti aliasing.

Am I crazy or is the Ranger class ridiculously overpowered?

>Can eat rotten food with no downside
>Ridiculous damage multiplier vs. animals which make up most enemies
>Lockpicking and dash skills

Feels like I have everything I could possibly want in this genre.

Can the Burnt Fish give you food poisoning or something? The description doesn't seem to tell you what it does at all, it's just literally bad flavor text.

I like the new art style but everyone says the game is shit.

If you never played the original games, you probably won't notice how messed up some things are.

I don't think I would call it shit, but it's definitely lacking in comparison.

It's not shit, it's a good/decent game but it's extremely underwhelming if you played the original.

I know that, but I think spirits only appear if the person tweeted his death.

It's not "shit", it's just not as well balanced.

unlock puglist
go unarmed
all agi
then look at your post again

because if you have ONHPlus, there is almost nothing new + retarded trap system

I got a pc. Which game should I buy?
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics?

One Way Heroics with Plus

Classes like that do crazy good at the beginning but on higher difficulties you can't just fight everything to death. On OWH+ I was only able to get to 10,000km on inhumane oddyssey mania as an Adventurer because Jump+Dash was just that good and Ranger just seems like Adventurer but better.

MC if you want waifus.
OWH+ if you favor the gameplay.
Both are good game IMO, OWH+ is just the better game.

>there is almost nothing new

I can tell you haven't played MC OWH yet.

nice animu sprites and retarded classes are "almost nothis new"

Everything feels a bit big in MC and clutters up the screen.

The ranger dash is godly to save your butt honestly. It also has the cutest Class C too.

>muh traps
You didn't play the game.

I find the only people who don't complain about traps are people who use saves.

Also, does the game always count you using 1 save, because the titles seem to count it without me saving.

Never used a save, all my deaths were unrelated to traps.

With traps, my experience is to never carry anything that could explode, like bombs.
Step on a landmine and that's a 120hp hit. Depending how much you're carrying, it could be more.

Is the song that plays during the Queen Frieda dungeon uploaded anywhere?
I can't find it and I have been searching it for a long time

What's the track name?

How do you beat the quests for the OWH+ classes?
I've already unlocked all the normal classes, but I'm too much of a shitter.

So when you use the unarmed boosting perk, does it just work when you have no weapon at all or does it also work with fist weapons?

Complete the objectives given to you by the castle resident.

How do you not beat them? What are you having problems with? Go on Afternoon Stroll if you must.

You're not alone
I could beat OWH on Inhumane, but I can't unlock new classes on Grueling.

Arrows are so buffed in MC.

I only have 78693 silvers...

Get a least 5 Gold Coin to unlock Castle building.
Buy the cheapest Castle part (5 Gold coin)
Place the Force Knight/Ninja/Tourist NPC.
Go talk to them and accept their quest.

The NPC are unlocked by finishing the daily campaign, you can do them on Afternoon Stroll.

>only

>Play swordsman
>RNG gives me absolutely no swords or any other good weapons or armor
>Get hit for 100 by like every 3rd monster
>Like 500km without any food so I can't even rage mode or use any skills besides impact even that sweet Trust Combo from north guy
I should've just used vault or vent pugilist.

Kind of annoyed targeting only highlights 1-2 squares in front of you in MC instead of the 4-5 it had in the originals.

These are some ridiculously fine semen demons.

I mained Hunter in +, is there any class like it in MC?

Hunter is still in. Haven't unlocked all the classes yet.

Everyone can throw arrows without equipping them like the base OWH again, and default throwing range for arrows is three tiles forward.

I would buy it if at least they would reduce the slowdown problems,also how does the multiplayer work?

It's not a roguelike though. Wish people learned their shit before spouting it.

I think you race towards each other's castles, and occasionally you fight each other. Whoever loses in the fight gets set back a certain distance. Haven't tried it yet.

What makes it not a roguelike?

If there's one thing I really liked about MC OWH, it's that food vendors sell more than one take away item now.

>About to get gangraped
>Teleport out
>End up on an explosion trap and die

That sounds like bullshit, but I believe it.

Bump

How the hell are you supposed to play as the casters? Everything just keeps killing me before i get the chance to cast anything

Start meditating before they get in range.

Playing the original I cleared the game by killing the demon lord on normal, should i switch to hard, try normal with another class or what? How do i unlock pirate and force user?

Get +1 accessory from demon lord/fallen angel ending for ez mode gameplay. Otherwise you will be gibbed by a fleet footed tiger or cursed bone thrower. Especially that force flare cost 6 durability to the staff each cast.

Also, motherfucking log trap at volcano/sky tileset is bullshit, along with land mines.

Why aren't you checking every step of the way for traps, user? Geez.

Pirate you can get from entering The Dark Brotherhood, Force User is just killing some monsters with force spells, I think.

Grueling Campaign is where the game really starts, since that's the difficulty where everything becomes unlocked and available. At least, I don't think Inhumane Odyssey unlocks anything Grueling doesn't have.

Any tips for Tourist? Filling up that fucking journal is impossible.

Be careful

Start with some Charisma and a daily companion. Consider using both colored goddess statues to fill your party.

Wear some fucking heavy armor so you can write pages around enemies and not die instantly.

I have One Way Heroics on Steam, the first one I guess? What's different from the one on the screenshot? It seems like 500 times better.
Are there more classes/start options?

Should I try to kill enemies or should I avoid them as much as possible?
Also what good perk should I use after picking up enough charisma?

steamcommunity.com/app/409000/discussions/3/350533172679322728/?ctp=4
MC: OWH does have more classes.

I always take at least one point in lockpick, since opening chests with it gives a static amount of %XP at all levels.

Usually at least one-two point in item identification as well to decide which items I need to keep around.

Noted, thanks.

And you want to kill things if possible. Not sure if you want to kill animals since you probably won't outrun Jade bastards.