Can we all agree that das3 was the peak of the series...

Can we all agree that das3 was the peak of the series? I see a lot of you bitching but you aren't going to get boss design this good and inspired for a long time. Maybe never. Honestly from spoiled you all by shitting out amazing bosses like it was nothing but you'll feel the loss in a few years from now.

God lord, no. Fuck off, 3 was garbage and the only thing that saved it was the copy pasted BB movement and the graphics.

No Dark Souls was the peak, it's sad really, with how unfinished it was too.

>also boss design this good and inspired
It this a fucking bait I'm falling for?
His first phase is a poor mans Kalameet with fucked up camera and the 2nd phase is fucking garbage tier with 2-3 attacks. You don't even need to know his pattern to defeat him.

Kindly kill yourself and never post ever again.

>I'm autistic and only see the technical side of everything

Sorry for your shitty existence user. Hopefully you die and are reborn as an eagle.

If you want a godly boss fight without caring about the technical side go fap to Ludwig.

Das3 have best bosses its true.
But the rest-das1 is better

>Das3 have best bosses its true.
Even the Ornstein and Smough shit on most DaS3 bosses. Don't kid yourself.

Bosses are ok. Linear world progression with only marginal sequence break possibilities aren't.

Worst music in the series.

Dark Souls had better single player and it managed to do it without being a pile of references to Demon's Souls.
Dark Souls 2 had better pvp thanks to the devs caring enough to include an arena.
Dark Souls 3 is basically a failure in all regards even if you like the faster combat Bloodborne does it better.

>Can we all agree ...?
No.
Never going to happen.

When the nameless king is your ultimate fight and it constitutes wrestling with your camera and being unable to judge depth perception because the floor and walls are just a mass of swirling clouds, you fucked up.

>Dark Souls 2 had better pvp thanks to the devs caring enough to include an arena.
Arenas were pure cancer and non-honorable-duels-PvP suffered a lot because of cracked orbs and SM.

DS3 is shit. If it was you first game in the franchise, I can see how you would be impressed though. Also, there's nothing great about that boss's design. It is just another large corpsy human, like almost all bosses in that game.

>you are now manually realizing that Dark Souls has retroactively become a shitty series because there's only one good game

lol fuck no it might even be the worst. I hate DS2 but I have to admit that it least got PvP right after a while. DS3 is literally not best at anything. At best it's slightly better than DS2, but can't even touch the real trilogy.

>inspired
>big dude with sword that are always the same shitty timing exercise with almost no variation in a game where magic exists
I mean they are OK for what they are but not exactly mind blowing if you've played other games with well designed bosses

>and being unable to judge depth perception
Leela is that you?

>I can't control the camera because I'm shit at games, fuck this game

Okay m8 whatever you say

I'm new to Dark Souls and currently playing 3. What's a good fast paced build and weapon, that is viable of course? Played BloodBorne for hundreds of hours but DaS 3 feels completely different.

Well too bad because From realised they fucked up and is bringing back the arena in the dlc.

>if you've played other games with well designed bosses
Such as?

Not that guy you are arguing with but DaS3 pvp is the worst.

>unlimited resupply of help faction
>every area is so tiny it doesn't matter when you kill an host, so invasions are just half the fun
>there are no threatening thrash mobs which makes it even less fun
>when you stand a chance against the host and his supply of unlimited warriors he can even use fucking SEEDs to screw you up even further
Literally garbage tier.

Ys Origin/Oath

The series peaked with Bloodborne and should have stopped right there

No one was expecting the series to fall from it's apex with Bloodborne to barely better than DaS2 quality,and that's why it gets a lot of shit,which it should

>pvp is only invasions

Any long sword will do. The trick to DS3 combat is to realise it's completely mindless just find the fastest one handed sword you can and mash light attack to stun lock everything before they can stun lock you.

>neo v hates ds3

Go figure. Fuck this new v. I didn't ask for this?

>Well too bad
Why? It's not like From employees would hold a gun to anyone's head forcing them to participate.
user is retarded if he spent extended time in there while hating it.

t. assblasted cum-gargling autists

Hehe
>picks a UGS
>hyper armors your every hit
>every hit of ugs does 800+ damage to your twin ass

it's my favorite in the series

i'm fine with people disagreeing, but if anyone thinks das3 is bad they can fuck themselves

(you) kill yourself, you waste of human energy

>these are facts that do not align with my world view
>they must be so assblasted , resorting to posting facts
>I know I'll call them assblasted cum garglers,that should show them how mad they are and how not mad i am
>you.jpg

Guys all the Souls games are great. Some are just better than others

>Pick an UGS
>never hit anything because rolling is costless.
Good job.

I just wonder, is it normal for enemies to be able to attack me while I'm supposed to stagger them with attacks?

>being this bad that you don't know how to punish rolls
>implying r1 spammer can even get close to me without risk getting smashed or parried

Lmao

>implying you won't be parried first with your telegraphed slow as fuck attacks
>implying you won't panic and spam overhead R2's in fear before getting backstabbed

>heavy weapon user talking about other people getting parried easily
lol

>parrying 2H R1/R2

Lel

I don't think it's the best but is so much fucking better than 2.

And the trick to DS1 was to pick up the zwei or hell any elemental weapon and iron flesh everything. All the games are pretty bad at "balance".

>people forgot about the havelmoms and giantdads
>people forgot about poise backstabs
>people forgot about the tanks abusing regen

And they say 3 had brainless pvp

It is my favourite as well, I play a rpg when I want a rpg, dark souls was always for smashing stuff. Give it 2-3 years and it will be popular here too. I mean, 2 was trashtalked as the worst thing ever and even then it has some vocal fans.

dks3 seems incomplete and empty. Some kind of FF13 in the souls universe. Plus it has a huge lack of bosses :

dks 1 : 22 bosses vanilla, 26 bosses ptde
dks 2 : 30 bosses vanilla, 40 bosses sotfse/3 dlcs
dks 3 : 19 bosses

Waiting for the dlcs to get a final judgment...

all of that shit can be countered. das3 pvp is brainless because mashing r1 with a light weapon is a top-tier strategy.

to be fair, quality over quantity. das1 and especially das2 had horrible bosses

>spam has no counter

BB > DeS > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2

This is undebatable

Dark Souls was unless you're counting Bloodborne, then it's Bloodborne.

>r1 spam is a top-tier strategy

... just what? You're saying the smartest dark souls players can't figure out a way to beat R1 spam, despite the fact you can always roll out of the 2nd hit?

just adjust your timings. if someone pulls their ceastus out, you bait a parry and mash r1.

>Can we all agree that das3 was the peak of the series?
Probably not

>recovery parry
>implying they won't adjust their timings to be even more reactive than you
>implying they won't switch to 2H UGS

Bosses "quality" is a really subjective thing, as it really depends on your class and playstyle.
Some bosses looks shitty as a melee, some as a sorc. Try it to understand fully what I mean.

>implying they won't adjust their timings to be even more reactive than you
considering you only attack when they parry, it doesn't matter.
>implying they won't switch to 2H UGS
2H UGS is a joke. you dodge the attacks until they run out of stamina and then punish or you can keep hitting them before their hyperarmor activates. at the highest level of das3 pvp, UGS is never used because it's so shit.

le tryhard fist

That's why you play extremely defensively against a parry fishing r1 spammer. Force them to approach with projectiles. They will try to do running r1 or rolling r1. Both of which can be met with a parry or a hyperarmored trade which almost always benefits you more due to your high damage. If they roll, do a roll catching charge or r2.

If you can hit anything then go with HSGS, best GS in the game with most hyperarmor.

A way to beat terrible r1 spammers is heavy armor+Astora GS+iron flesh+done huge regen spell+ultra great shield

>r1 mashing with meta CS/TS isn't try hard

LITERALLY came out a couple of months before him and shits all over his battle

DaS > BB = DeS > DaS2 = DaS3

This is objectively correct.

DaS was ultimately an unfinished game, but it is the only Souls game that actually had all of the PvE and PvP aspects in place.

>Implying Dark Souls II was not the peak of series
Are you serious right now?

Heh! Blood Borne is better than Das3. Bloodborne will never be on PC you cucks

>implying

lost izalith and half the covenants are a mess

>DaS2
>Anything but >>>Power gap last place
That's when you know your opinion isn't worth listening to

*objectively incorrect

Heh and Demon's Souls is better than Bloodborne and it will never be on PS4 you cucks

We already have one game with shit PvP, we don't need another one.

BB had the best PvE but the PvP is almost as bad as the shitshow that is DaS3.

DeS was pretty good in general but the PvP was unbalanced as shit and the game understandably lacks the polish of the later entries.

DaS2 has the worst PvE and world design, but arguably the best PvP next to DaS.

DaS3 had pretty fucking great PvE like BB, but the PvP is a joke.

>better
That are just your nostalgia goggles speaking.

>PvP is almost as bad as the shitshow that is DaS3.

no? not even close. In fact, the PvP is is far more balanced than DaS1. The mechanics arn't as good but the fights are all great. plus the fast healing is punishable in BB unlike DaS3

>ITT: Ass blasted PS4 Fanboy

When I played BB there were only 2 viable weapons and you could one shot people with guns.

Honestly didn't touch the game after the first week.

Why are you falseflaggers always trying to start shit. It wasn't funny the first time.

the PvP in DaS1 is shittier than DaS2 and BB, arguably even DeS

the PvP is a poise/dark magic shitstorm, only DaS3 is even more broken

that shit was patched a long time ago

>not playing the old hunters

opinion literally invalid

>Getting hit by dark magic
>Ever

You're either retarded or Australian

Because apparently you can't have fun

>enemy casts pursuers
>absolutely retarded tracking
>casts MLGS spec while you are being chased so you can't silver pendent it
>even if you silver pendent, the tracking is so retarded pursuers come back at you
>if that doesn't work, they just shove a dark bead in your face
>did I mention this does a retarded amount of damage if not out right OHKOing you?

dark magic in DaS1 is cancer

no mater the soulborne, pvp is really shitty

>Running away from Pursuers
>Not rolling into it

lol

>roll into it
>eat MLGS spec or dark bead

nice

Why would you roll through it directly into your enemy?

There are other angles senpai.

boot up DaS1 right now and go on PvP, I don't think you remember how ludicrous the tracking of pursuers is

>GMB
gg

Dark Souls 3 is great.
I like it, very, very much.
Sure original ds had a particular feeling to it, but then again ds3 has just as good of a theme as it's peculiar.
And compared to previous released it's more refined and consistant with the ongoing concept.
It's great standalone, and the idea of seasonal releases is just as promising.
As they'll only enhance and add up to something already done quite well.
Whilist the second dark souls required scholar of the first sin to be considered any good at all.
Only thing I'm missing would be to finally get miracles, spells and the likes right, a bit more developed weapon arts or varity in attacks, and guess that would be it. Perhaps even more dynamic comat indeed, from what we've learnt from blood borne.

dark magic either scales off physical or half physical half magic (don't remember), won't do shit

It was the most solid Souls game but kinda forgettable.

you're flat out wrong, it neuters the shit out of any kind of magic including dark magic.

>Teleports behind you

Is BloodBorne the edgiest of the edge souls?

it was an okay boss. you fight the camera more than the boss itself 2bh

you need to stop seeing everything in meme vision

How many DaS2 bosses were just regular enemies with inflated stats or boss repeats though?

>no katana unzip

Could be edgier

>peak
I think it's the worst game of all of them, all things considered.

It had the most polished mechanics and the highest number of boss fights that I'd consider to be really good but that's it. It's biggest problem is that it followed the typical Dark Souls formula and didn't deviate from it even slightly. Even 2 had some uniqueness to it's general plotline.

It's alright, I liked it. But
>ds1 is better
>bb is way better

It's very middle of the line. It plays it far too safe for most of the game so there isn't enough to call it a spectacular game, hardly the peak of the series.

>It plays it far too safe for most of the game
That's because you played two episodes of dark souls before plus BB.

Don't forget DeS. All I could think of when going through the final part of Grand Archives was Boletarian Palace.

Pontiff and Nameless King were fun fights I also really enjoyed Wolnir's fight, gives me nostalgia somehow.

>le linear is bad meme
When did it start?

And why do DaSbabies never mention the fact that while it's more linear, every areas is way more complex, beautiful, interesting to explore, while being harder and less tedious.

The ONLY thing DaS does better than the others is the connectivity between levels, and that's only in the first half. And even then it's ruined by areas like lower undead burg, and shit enemy AI, shit hitboxes and collision detection and shit graphics.

Dark 3 was good, but far from Bloodborne's level.

>amazing bosses
>NK in the pic is completely trivial by simply using a certain shield