Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

Well what can i expect Cred Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/577/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gaem

Bioware's last quality game.

Semi-competent delivery on a somewhat generic premise, with some genuinely fun times to be had with it.
Disappointment if you decide to go on and play DA2 and 3.

Decent game that got overrated because CRPGs were kinda dead at the time. Also, it was babby's first CRPG for a ton of people.

A pretty good tactical fantasy RPG which would be considered niche compared to Bioware's current design philosophy.

THIS IS THE NEW SHIT

>dat exact moment when you can pinpoint EA took over Bioware and decline had begun

I've only heard about DA3 feeling like a singleplayer mmo from some people,is it that bad ?

pretty solid rpg, be sure to play the addon too.
don't play an other dragon age games unless you are mentally impaired

enchantment

What addon?
Are the other games that bad?

was a 7/10 at release. it's probably a 9/10 now that it's bioware's last good game. the origins are great, however they don't really matter much in the story outside the first hour or two. that was always unfortunate and a point of criticism about the game. i also really didn't like the streamlined leveling process. i thought the game would return to the dnd style feats and class customization and it didn't. it's overall an enjoyable experience though

play dwarf noble first

many quests are pretty bland fetch/kill quests of the worst kind.
but that's not the only thing, combat is a retarded "button-awesome" joke, difficulties are completely dumb, story is nothing special sprinkled with some sjw stuff. and they managed to overdesign most companions.

Don't be ridiculous. It's clear human noble is the canonical story, fuck Gaider or whoever would later say female daelish is canon.

specially if you go into da2 after awakening a.k.a. best expansion bioware ever made

It's a pretty good game as long as you can get past the dated combat.

>Semi-competent delivery on a somewhat generic premise

This pisses me off so much.

>we have a chance to start a new IP
>let's play it as safe as humanly possible at all times
Why do they do this? Pillars of Eternity also did the same shit.

>overdesign most companions.
Care to provide an example?

i don't care and dwarf noble could just as well be canon. it's also the best written origin, objectively the most fun to play and offers a great moral dilemma later on

the addon is called awakening
the other games are very different. much more arcady (but in a bad way) and much less of old school rpg stuff.
If you really don't care about rpgs qualities (like coherent story, good characters, decent combat/magic system, decent quests) and just want to run around in a fantasy doing stuff then you could actually try the other games.

A friend of mine has pretty low standards when it comes to rpgs and he said he had fun with DA2 and DA:I.
I play rpgs since decades and I heavily regretted playing DA2 and I had to drop DA:I after~8 hours.

DA2 was an unmitigated disaster, I am sure you've heard of that.
After that, 3 would have to actually try to be worse,but having chased away its old audience, there was nothing for it to do but settle in for low tier mediocrity and tumblr pandering. Lots and lots of tumblr pandering, even if it came at the cost of lore rape.

The controls are incredibly shit, I play everything I can get away with with keyboard and mouse, but they messed with the controls from DA1 and even 2 so much, you are pretty much forced to use a controller.

Likewise DA1 had a very nice little AI toggle tool to form strategies with, which DA2 didn't really ruin much, which was simplified to the point of near-nonexistence in 3.

Magic spells tended to be simple elemental attacks with nothing actually fun or interesting going on, they made you repeatedly press the same button for a fucking auto-attack, and periodically let off a magic missile of some flavour.
Compare the magic stuff available in 1 and 3, and weep for fun forever lost.

And finally, the MMO stuff comes in from the incredible amount of pointless grinding you have to do, accumulating 'influence' by being a fucking errand boy in spite of being a religious icon and the leader of a movement.

even if da3 wasn't shit the red lyrium garbage that carried over from da2 ruined everything. now there's no hard choice between mages or templars. it's hurr durr see templars can be bad and evil too fucking durr red lyrium. what a bunch of hack pieces of shit bioware is. there was actual moral pondering in the first game and now there's no fucking right or wrong choice that you have to contemplate. garbage ass company with hack writers. i'm so mad about what could have been with this series

Currently in the middle of my annual replay of this game, easily a top 10 of all time RPG, get yourself some mods to make it abit more up to date; texture packs, dragon age redesigned, reshade with a good preset of your choice, mabari as 4th companion mod.

Do you have a recommended list? Im open to options

It's a good game but I had to drop it because the combat is so terrible.

Bioware's last good game

I'm using theta HD texture mod, mastered dragon age reshade preset, dragon age redesigned, mabari extra dog slot, and metagame items (has cheat items but I just turned it on a couple times to experiment with builds and use the respec item).

Any must-have mods?

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/577/?

Noblefags get out
Male Dalish has the most tie-in to the rest of the story

Fun fact: without EA DA2 would've been a short side-story DLC for DAO

a shit-tier RPG that is considered good for some reason
its not the worst and it has its(very few) moments but its just not good in the slightest, mediocre or worse

I thought it was bad at first too but you gotta get into the habit of using the pause function at the start if battles to make formations and mage wombo combos with the top down view, makes battles very interesting and tactical at harder difficulties.

>not being a mage and wearing even more armour than the templar faggots

Arcane warrior is fun at first but so OP it gets very dull very quick, I'm currently using a shape-shifting mod that adds shitloads of new forms that are actually useful and having more fun with mage than I've ever had.
>use all the spellpower buff spells
>have sten and dog hold the frontline
>respec morrigan into a healer, leliana into an Archer at the backlines
>stack grease and lightning field
>morph into a genlock stack death cloud ontop
>unmorph, use chain lightning
>once mana is depleted morph into a fugging dragon, set grease on fire and tail whip any minions that break the frontline back into the zone of death and generally wreck shit

10/10

City Elf rogue is probably my favourite class, desu
Really enjoyed playing Mage, it was my favourite class to play over my first few playthroughs, but as time goes on I find Morrigan's good enough to give me my magic fix. Plus, I like the idea of the Warden just being a girl who's really, really good with a knife

>not just casting Storm of the Century and Blood Wound into every room
Never looked back once I found out SotC can win the battle for the Alienage single-handedly.

Yeah there's loads of ways to just cheese everything as mage but that's no fun senpai

I'm a huge cRPG fan but I quit after a few hours in.

Setting is just generic fantasy (which is not bad in itself, but it doesn't help either), characters and story didn't interest me all that much, and combat is MMO-style tank-and-spank with aggro mechanics and every enemy being a damage sponge. Basically how you would imagine an MMO if you were in control of the whole party rather than just one character.

There is nothing great about this game, only a mix od medicore and bad.