Holy shit the'se controles suck

holy shit the'se controles suck

Please tell me this version has proper mouse controls, in the emulated version i had to use the keyboard to aim accurately

>being a pc cuck

proper, meh
compared to more recent titles in the same vein (dead space, evil within) the aiming seems off

The controls are pretty much perfect, however it's catch 22 because the game becomes way too easy.

You're suppose to play Resident Evil 4 with a controller In fact, every third person game is better with a controller than K+M. The only games you should be playing with a K+M are FPS, RTS, and MMOs.

>you should play a console port with a controller

Third person games that require a decent amount of camera movement will be better with keyboard and mouse. RE4 is no exception because aiming with the mouse is so comfortable that it's pretty much cheating.

>holy shit the'se controles suck
Seems like a case of user error, to me.

R U RETARDATION
Play the wii version or suck a bowl of dicks

There's an "alternate" aim preset in the control options that provides pretty accurate mouse input, however, fundamentally it's still working as a kind of joystick emulation, it's nowhere near as precise as RE5 for example.

The game sucks ass
>capcom games

Is there a good capcom game?

only if you can numb yourself to completely retarded plots each and every capcom game has

Third person games don't require much camera moment so controller is much more comfy. It's not a FPS where you need head shots and precision.

Quantum Leap sucks.

>controles

stupid, or just Spanish?

Fuck off it's the best tps ever made it was revolutionary and invented over the shoulder camera and it was FUN no tps before resident evil 4 were fun.

Did you play only console games in your life?

lol

>no tps before resident evil 4 were fun.
>max payne released four years prior to RE4

It was sarcasm user. That's what re4 babies really believe.

>max payne
>good

You need some amount of precision for most third person shooters and there are plenty that actually require precision on par with an FPS game just look at Max Payne. More comfy does not mean better.

Let me gues, you played it on ps2?

Max Payne is great user the fuck

The only think I had trouble with, oddly enough, the sprint button, which is odd because I'm usually okay with "Press Shift to Sprint" in most games, didn't with this one, so I just moved it to the middle mouse button and bam good control scheme that just needs a little live fire practice to get in the grove with.

See to the pic, it's a fun TPS before RE4

A little rough, don't you think?

Why do people think that re4 invented over the shoulder camera?

It didn't, but it perfected it.

Because it popularized it which is the same thing as inventing it to most people who can't be bothered doing research

How exactly? By removing the ability to move while aiming? RE5 & 6 controls are much better I think.
Didn't they play games before re4? I can name a couple of games with ots camera even without looking on the internet and I'm sure there's a lot more of them than I remember. That's like saying final fantasy 7 was the first jrpg or half-life 2 first fps.

just bait

>I don't like a button setup in a certain game
>Can easily remap it in any game
>Console games don't always let you map every individual button, have preset control schemes or no remapping
And what cases like this anons are one of the main reason i play on pc

TPS before RE4 were all zoomed out and it wasn't an over the shoulder camera, it was just a generic third person camera. in RE4 the camera is zoomed in and gives you more room on the right side of his body for aiming.

Going back to these controls does indeed suck, but they become serviceable after a few hours.

There's a picture of a tps before re4 retard.

And less room on the left and in the back so?

>the'se

Weakest bait I've seen all fuckin day.

okay, that looks like freedom fighters. but i definitely don't remember the camera being so close to the character. that must be a cropped image.

Because re4 was revolutionary amiright?

Most TPS use some form of auto-aim, aim assist or magnetic bullets though, even with multiplayer because controllers.

again from what i remember of freedom fighters it had a generic third person camera. even so that's not the kind of camera that RE4 has in that picture, that's way too close to the character.

>look it's the same camera before re4
>no it's not the same it's not REVOLUTIONARY
k

Nowadays yeah. It started with ps2 era. And I think syphon filter had autoaim too. But look at the old 90-00's tps. They all were fast paced and needed precision.

no that's actually not the same. in RE4 you get to see much more of the character model while also getting the benefit of a zoomed in camera with more space on the right shoulder. that picture looks like something out of a light gun arcade game. at the risk of sounding cliche RE4's camera is more '''''''''''''''cinematic''''''''''''''.

Didn't this game come out two generations ago?

Mustard race release schedule.

You're all that is wrong with modern video games.

RE4 isn't modern, it came out 11 years ago.

>download ultimate HD for pc
>its a fucking mess

What the actual fuck is up with the controller support and config

You're also not very clever as it seems.

why don't you tell me why i'm everything wrong with modern video games despite the fact that i've probably been playing since before your parents met?

>manchildren

I'm 29 and playing since I was 7, so I don't think so. What is wrong with you? You're an ignorant easy to impress console player. And by console player I mean a man who plays and knows shit only about consoles, one platform only maybe. If """cinematic""" camera is good and """generic tps camera""" is bad in your opinion, I don't know why you don't understand what is wrong with you yourself.

I hope you enjoy those QTE in RE5 you filthy PC cuck

Emulating RE4 has taught me that the game was balanced for uncooperative controls. If you can aim where you actually want to, you're gonna be doing nothing but headshots with 100% accuracy.

i had already beat the legend of zelda by the time you were born. the cinematic camera in RE4 is better because it delivers a more enjoyable gaming experience, it's simple as that. the resident evil series in general really improved the aesthetics of a lot of games that borrowed influence from it. in a third person game "feeling" your character is very important.

Confirmed for consoles-only pleb.

i honestly feel bad for you if you've only played games with a mouse and keyboard, and that explains why you don't understand what i'm talking about. but no i'm not a "consoles only pleb", i have probably more hours logged in starcraft than you have in every game you've ever played combined.

Oh you poor bastard. If you;d ever played on pc pre-ps2 era you'd knew that tps's were great with mouse and keyboard. And now they can be played only with a gamepad we have cinematic cameras and cover system. That is good? So that for gamepad playesr the genre was turned into joke? It needed the same reaction as fps before but of course you couldn't do that with a gamepad so let's fuck this shit up so people could have numerous gears of war clones or slow as turtles enemies.

>starcraft
but it had a n64 release, that dun proove nothing

vanquish proved a while ago that controllers aren't the problem, the developers are the problem because they don't want to make anything besides a gears of war clone. RE4's cinematic camera is still a great thing because of the way it improved more subdued third person games with a focus on adventure and storytelling.

you know, I didn't believe such a thing was possible
it's almost sublime in its retardation

You're right, Max Payne isn't good at all

It's fucking godly, I loved that game and it was great fun to use the matrix mods in it

You should see the Wii version.
All other versions of the game have Leon's hands shake slightly while aiming. Very easy to counteract on the PC version with a mouse, which makes the game quite easy. But the Wii version? When using a Gamecube or Classic controller, you get the normal hand-shaking. But when using a Wiimote, you get exact 1:1 pixel-perfect accuracy. Which means you can snipe at any range using any weapon as long as your hand and wrist are steady enough. Totally removes the need to spend money on a rifle, which means you can happily sell all the rifle ammo you find and spend the money on upgrading your pistol, which is now the most accurate weapon in the game, allowing you to get perfect headshots every time without any trouble. The Wii version of Resident Evil 4 may in fact be one of the easiest games ever made.