I miss the old days of a fine RPG's

I miss the old days of a fine RPG's

Can you recommend a game with a great story? Something Neverwinter Nights like.

I just can't find something satisfying enough for me to play i need some really absorbing story and a lot of characters you can relate to or bond with, Dragon Age had it too.

Other urls found in this thread:

zero-sum.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Divinity Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun Dragonfall/Hong Kong
Numenera should be out by the end of the year

Threads of Fate
Legend of the Dragoon
Lunar 2

Ocarina of Time

>I just can't find something satisfying enough for me to play i need some really absorbing story and a lot of characters you can relate to or bond with
Jesus Christ how horrifying.

You might want to go over to the J side. Suikoden, Persona, Fire Emblem, etc might be closer to what you are looking for.

>Pillars of Eternity
yeah, i've heard of it - this shit is really difficult from what i've heard. I'm gonna try it.
>Divinity Original Sin
I don't know why but i don't like the Divinity series at all. I've played Divinity: Dragon Commander and Divinity II and i just couldn't bear it, full of shit for me (but to be honest i gave them 30 minutes each so maybe i haven't experienced it at all)
>Shadowrun Dragonfall
Yeah man i like the "Wastelands 2" and Fallout 2 kind of games - that was awesome.
>Numenera
Well i'm bored as fuck this weekend so if it's not out then no use for me

The Divinity games are all massively different from each other
Dragon Commander was pretty shit

>You might want to go over to the J side. Suikoden, Persona, Fire Emblem, etc might be closer to what you are looking for.

Nah man i can't. With all due respect, Japaneese anime stuff is just not for me. I can't help myself but i'm not able to take this stuff seriously.
There are some exceptions for J-side but it refers to movies (Princess Mononoke, Castle Hauru and Ghost in the Shell were great) but that's as far as i can go.

>that image
>likes Dragon Age
>wants to bond with NPCs
>didn't like Dragon Commander

You are a grill, OP, aren't you. Do not even try to deny it.

BTW i'm both console peasant and PC master race

I really like choices in games and morality stuff -Telltale Games,
-KotOR (oldschool stuff but still great game),
-Beyond two souls,
-Neverwinter Nights,
-Mass Effects (obviously)

these titles did the job

what titles did the job for you guys?

awww shieeet, the greatest detective in the world detected

Okay, so no animu. Is any kind of nipshit out of question? Because based on I think I have just the perfect series for you.

i have PS4 and from what i see its on PS2.
too bad because it seems quite good

>Threads of Fate
Too animu for me
>Legend of the Dragoon
Too animu for me
>Lunar 2
Too animu for me

But i respect your interests

I figured you can emulate. But nevermind, 3 and 4 are out on both PS3 and PC though.

>I don't know why but i don't like the Divinity series at all.
Probably the "humour"

Dragon Commander was such a disaster that i literally regret 3 hours of my life i've spent on it.
But
>The Divinity games are all massively different from each other
i belive you and i'm gonna try it, thank you very much

can you elaborate?

Larian writing is garbage and not funny but it's in every dialogue

The main problem I have with them is that they have this really american PVC-feeling worlbuilding where everything seems completely disconnected from reality. It's incredibly difficult to give two fucks about their worlds when everything feels like it was made out of plastic and everything is a set-up for a self-aware poke at the genre conventions.

It's the sort of fantasy that insists on "medieval" theme but closest it has ever been to historical local was a fucking Disney park. Which is odd considering Larian is from Belgium where history isn't something strange or difficult to come across.

that's not detective chimp

Are you a bad enough dude?

>asks for good games
>disregards good games

It's free. Now play it.
zero-sum.com/

>
d3 RoS has great gameplay if you ingore the story

that kind of stuff bothers me too, man and therefore makes it unplayable for me.
so you're not alone.

but.. but... the story is the main thing for me!

Larian games is made of non-autistic people who have intimate relationships and can enjoy themselves.

If you can't enjoy their game, it's been a long time since you actually have someone close to talk to and this make you very edgy and bitter. Hence you hate fun and good games.

Therefore, Larian games isn't for you.

To be fair the post he responded to don't have any good game

t. somebody who never play any of those games in the first place and hate them on basis of not being made by white people.

I love how WotS is accidentally one of the best RPGs ever made.

I played all of them though

>Geneforge

Vogel's best series. He said remakes are in the works after Avadon so that's great.

technomage is a decent rpg
it was released on pc and ps1

>Larian games is made of non-autistic people who have intimate relationships and can enjoy themselves.
Possibly, but that does not make their writing and world-building very good. Actually, that does not relate to world-building and writing skills at all. People behind Morrowind, Witcher or motherfucking Tolkien also weren't autistic, had intimate relationships and could enjoy themselves.

>If you can't enjoy their game, it's been a long time since you actually have someone close to talk to and this make you very edgy and bitter.
Actually, the insane overreaction you just displayed to simple criticism of a certain piece of fiction suggests mental health and hygiene issues might not by on my side. I don't enjoy their games because I don't find their fiction engaging or relateable. Which does not mean I don't enjoy other things, or find bitterness or contrarianism appealing on their own.

I simply find their games quickly wearing off because they are unimmersive and in terms of fiction, incredibly shallow and predictable. The mechanics may be solid (at least they were in OS) but that wears off after five or six hours when you've seen most you can do mechanically speaking. After that, it's a boring, cliché collection of poorly understood tropes lifted from other fiction without any concern about their context, or without anything to actually make them meaningful and worth caring about.

>Hence you hate fun and good games.
That is a bold statement considering I've displayed dislike for exactly ONE game series in this thread.

>Therefore, Larian games isn't for you.
That is literally the only statement in that entire post that you got right.

Interesting. Is he planning to remake the entire series, or just the first one? G1 is pretty self-contained, so that might work, but if he does more than one he'll eventually have to redo all of them.

Although based on his Avadons I'm not sure why the game needs a remake or how could he improve it.
...but if I can romance a servant mind I'm game.

>predictable
And yet D2 pulled off one of the most surprising tweests I've ever seen in a vidya.

It's not like that, man.
I just don't like the form. I said it couple of times, i do not disregard animu stuff it's just not for me and i'm aware of that. A matter of taste i guess.

>And yet D2 pulled off one of the most surprising tweests I've ever seen in a vidya.
What? Divine being killed by one of the Dragon Knights?
Who gave two fucks? The whole fucking setup and every single fucking character was such a collection of such vapid and played out clichés that it did not fucking matter who was who or who was killed and who wasn't. It was a story of somebody called "Divine" and somebody called "The Damned One" for fuck sake.

>What? Divine being killed by one of the Dragon Knights?
No, you idiot. That the Dragon lady was fucking dead as a rock and you were retarded for thinking it was her talking to you. They warned you that the mindfuck they've done to you as part of your Slayer training makes you susceptible to intrusion, and because you ignored orders to stay put until it wears off you fucked the entire goddamn world over.

OP here

Thank you, sir! I couldn't have used better words!

>>If you can't enjoy their game, it's been a long time since you actually have someone close to talk to and this make you very edgy and bitter.
>Actually, the insane overreaction you just displayed to simple criticism of a certain piece of fiction suggests mental health and hygiene issues might not by on my side. I don't enjoy their games because I don't find their fiction engaging or relateable. Which does not mean I don't enjoy other things, or find bitterness or contrarianism appealing on their own. I simply find their games quickly wearing off because they are unimmersive and in terms of fiction, incredibly shallow and predictable. The mechanics may be solid (at least they were in OS) but that wears off after five or six hours when you've seen most you can do mechanically speaking. After that, it's a boring, cliché collection of poorly understood tropes lifted from other fiction without any concern about their context, or without anything to actually make them meaningful and worth caring about.

especially for this