You did buy it right?

You did buy it right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YR1kvUHtI_U
youtube.com/watch?v=cKdr-67ntz0&list=PL295E94AC331A7C78&index=16
youtube.com/watch?v=FePJs7v_aGo
nintendolife.com/news/2016/09/guide_getting_started_in_dragon_quest_vii_fragments_of_the_forgotten_past
youtube.com/watch?v=dIRYKE6JkMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bought it but am scared to start it.

You bet your gosh darn rear end I did.

>find a relaxing place to play
>start up the grandest of RPG adventures
>lose track of time
>barely eat/drink anything

It's 2000 all over again. Doesn't help that the weather is also cooling down a bit, so it makes it even more comfortable.

Pirated it as I don't really like turn based RPGs. Just wanted to see what all the fuss and wait was about.

And..... Its awful.

I get that the game is 3 years old but the 3DS hardware needs replacing yesterday.

I can't stop thinking about it. Only at the second island so far, and it's so nostalgic it hurts.

sure....i "bought" it

Taking my time with it as well, I'm one of those 'love to grind' players so I explore everywhere and talk to everyone, even if I've played the game before.

I'm just about to hit the 2nd island too.

Yeah but in 2000 I didn't have a job

I didn't either and thankfully my job now allows me to still sit around on my ass most of the time.

5-6 hours in, on the 2nd island, the one with volcanos. It's fun, I'm enjoying it

I could never get into dragon quest because of the shit art style.
Like couldn't they get someone good so it doesn't burn my eyes?

Actually, yes.
This is the first time in a long time I spent 40 bucks for a jrpg.

What?

I'm the same way, just kinda exploring it at my own pace without looking at a guide or anything. Thankfully it's been so long since I last played DQ7 that the game feels pretty new for me.

Same, it seems like too many characters suffer from same face.

>shitty art style
Go get a rope

Very few games manage to be this comfy.

>having a job as an adult

Hahaha, must suck being an America. I get enough off the government to live comfortably and just play video games and read all day.

You're a piece of shit, that's what

>i dont like these kind of games but i played it and sure enough, it's shit
then why did you waste the time to reply?

>buy

You sound butthurt over my opinion

>waste time
>30 seconds

You must be the coolest kid in seventh grade.

I replayed it about 2 years ago through eboot on my PSP. After it felt like we weren't ever going to get the remake localized.

The start of this game really isnt great.

I went to, but the store hadn't put them out yet

On the Vulcano isle now. When can I learn new classes?
It's good, as all the DQ games are. But I am not too fond of time travels in games in general, the firsle isle was kind of a let down afterwards. But that's enterily my preferance.
Also, wished it was a wee bit less backtracking. Go to the other side of the map to get something, go back and back again got a bit tedious. But, comfy as fuck

Sure did senpai, and I'm having a blast!
I'm at the animal island right now.
Also where is the Slime that the girl on the "real time" island of the people that turned into stone told me to find?

>Was a overnight cashier
>Sucks but paid the bills with some left over for games
>Plays all the time between customers which there was hardly any
>Got a promotion thinking a bit more money is always nice
>More money but longer hours and can't play during my shift anymore
>Tired when I get home and play even less at home than I did before
Fucking hell I hate life.

How do you fast forward battle?

yes

So do you gys usually use the seeds to balance out everyone's weaker stats or do you just throw them an the hero?

I can't remember what I did with them the last time I played a DQ game.

Just got to the machine island. Finally some new weapons to upgrade to!

>A DQ game with no good girls
Fuck no I didn't buy it.

I've been hoarding them. In the earlier game I would strenghten magic users with resilience, magic etc, and buff melee with more str, so a bit of both I guess?

>When can I learn new classes?
About 20-30 hours in.

The arcs for each island get a lot better as you go, I remember getting emotional with a few my first time through. The first 3 are all pretty basic start ups to get you familiar with stuff and start giving you bits of the plot.

From 2001 til 2015 I worked retail, cashier, stocker, cart pusher, etc. Saved up enough that during that time my wife and I bought and rented out our first house, now I just maintain it while she works.

>no good girls

Hoarding them for now, before I did what would do and just make characters strengths even better. Using them to balance everyone is a bit of a waste.

I've never used them.

>handheld
of course not

Do you think making the main character faster so I can heal more reliably would be pretty smart?

Is this still a 400 hour game? I wanted to get it but I don't have that kind of time.

But Maeve is all sorts of fine.

Also, VIII is allegedly doing the same thing VII did with music, but has VOs for every included language.

Bought it, never played the PS1 version though. I've played through DQVIII, DQ1 for GBC and DQIX so I kinda knew what I was expecting but.... the beginning seems really slow. Have not seen a single battle once and most of the first couple of stuff is just walking around doing errands.

I'm guessing it'll pick up once I get the second island but goddamn, the start has some pacing issues.

>manager at large retail chain
>work my ass off, for promotion to assistant store manager
>40% pay raise
>do it for a couple months
>holy shit, this fucking sucks
>tell them it's not for me, i want to step back down or leave the company
>they let me step down with next to no pay cut

Everything turned out better than expected. I was the same way, user. It fucking drained me every day, worked salary so I was paid less per hour, responsible for every little thing in the store, etc. Don't be afraid to step down or find another job if you know you can afford it, man.

Okay. I have played very little of jrpgs.
What are some good rpg with an open world and maybe multiple endings for 3ds?

There's something going on with the music that SE just doesn't want to tell us. Is the composer really that anal about his music being on international versions of the game?

Original was never 400 hours, but it's still pretty long. Some sources have said at least 100 completion. The original was longer due to the massive amount of puzzles and backtracking that this version has trimmed down.

Doesn't hurt to use them as you see fit, but I'd just grind a bit more and save them for when you get to changing your party's classes.

apparently it got shortened for this version too

Honestly what's really draining is that I'm basically the boss at night. And the workers I get are lazy as fuck. I'm fine with my people taking their time as long as it gets done. But more times than they do nothing while I finish up everything. And I can't really step down right now because I need to extra money for my place. Maybe in a year I will hopefully be able to just be like one of the guys and slack off like they do.

wait it was even fucking longer?

Yeah, greatly. The area leading to the pedestals and first fragments in the PS1 version was a series of rooms and puzzles that took nearly 1 hour to complete. All the pedestals and such were also their own rooms that you could interact with. Also there was more to getting the Burning Stone from Pike than Kiefer having just pocketed it off-screen.

I heard there was some controversy about the soundtrack? Can anyone give me a comparison?

I always like to get the definitive version of a game if possible but I don't want to deal with the language or downloading.

Yeah that's what I think I'll do. I'll save them for when I really have an idea of what my end game party composition will proably be.

Also everyone's set their party members to tactics rather than "follow orders" right? These games are so much more fun since I started doing that.

Anyone?

Sugiyama is losing his fucking shit and Nintendo/Square aren't playing his game, which is probably demanding more money.

Remember, Heroes actually forbid streaming initially, because of it's music.

It's nuts to lose the music made for us, but if we are getting multiple audio tracks, it makes sense.

Waiting for 8. DQ7 is possibly the worst game in the series after 2.

>Is the composer really that anal about his music being on international versions of the game?
He's a massive insane man that hates everything not Japan. Thinking Japan was completely in the right during WW2.

I have two ideas on why they are doing it. 1 is to same space. Them using a smaller card to cut cost a tiny fraction. I'm guessing they just want to save as much as they could without really screwing the localization over. MIDI isn't great but it's a deal breaker to anyone. 2 is just the orchestrated version cost more to use the rights. So they just went with MIDI. In both cases it's just a cost cutting measure.

The first quest where you need to push graveyard to get saint gears was originally a full dungeon complete with puzzles.

There's no open world games in 3ds.

Multiple audio tracks would justify it too. Probably figured they could do it after saving space thanks to no orchestrated music.

So just got Ruff in my party, and was wondering whether puzzles become more part of the game soon?

The exploring and dungeons are cool, but something extra wouldn't go amiss.

Thats really disappointing. I'll be buying the game but I hope there's a music patch ASAP because DQ8s midi soundtrack is such garbage.

Also is it the original VA or is it a new cast?

>Thinking Japan was completely in the right during WW2
He's not wrong, though.

You are just a frog loving alt-right that masturbate to anime!

>Wen to gamestop
>Asked for Dragon Quest 7
>As he typed it in he had a confuse look on his face
>Asked him what's up
>Seem they shortened the subtitle to "Frag the Frog"
>Nearly died on the spot

I mean I guess that'd be at least doing something but jesus. Why is it so important to spend so much time on this very standard JRPG first town/castle area? In DQ1 you'd be smashing some golems at this point.

As for other shit, I don't mind the midi music. I mean I was expecting SNES/Genesis tunes but it just reminds me of regular music without the extra flourish quality. So I don't really see the huge deal.

Also holy fuck the dialogue aren't bad for once. That one princess lady NPC though had me scared though. Did enough people finally complain?

Anyone?

Maximum comfy.

A shame the 3DS isn't that comfy. Would prefer a console port instead.

I stopped playing the PS1 version once I heard the remake is confirmed for a Western release.

Stopped it quite far too, in the Egypt island. And I still remember most shit I had been through.

Still got a long way to go, my friend.

Yeah, I never managed to find him. Thank God it's just a sidequest.

The dialogue is bad enough that I have to just skim what some of the npcs are saying since like fuck I'll waste time reading that crap.

And the princss qas ridiculously bad. She's supposed to sound like she's missing her front teeth? That's not how anyone with a brain would have ever wrote that. Ever.

>That one princess lady NPC though had me scared though.

Fuck them for doing that to her. She's not a fucking baby.

Enjoy listening to her monologue when Kiefer leaves.

He's in Pilchard Bay, the starting town, he looks human but he's at the end of the dock where your dad's boat is.

Looks like the singer guy with a lute, all these 'monsters' they want you to find actually just look like humans now, not sure why.

Would be nice to have an answer to this also.

>150 hours game

But i don't have that much time to play video games

>all these 'monsters' they want you to find actually just look like humans now, not sure why.

Since 4, monsters can turn into humans if they try hard enough.

And the slime turning into bard thing? Came straight from Healie from 4.

And in 10, you'll have a slime turning into a blue-haired cute grill

Well shit I never knew that, thanks for the info user.

You think you know shit about DQ then you find something you'd never even heard of.

How are the puzzles in this game?

but, if I need to change the firmware or something on my 3DS and I won't be able to play online Monster Hunter anymore, or?

Playing it right now

Hanlon is a shitter.

>Hanlon is surveying the situation
>Against 3 Slimes

Are pirates the atheists of gaming?

>Hey guys I pirated the game by the way xD

>one half dead enemy left
>he crits them at the beginning of the turn
t-thanks hanlon

Where's the fragment in present day Burnmont, do I have to go through the entire dungeon again?

And it was much better.

They picked the wrong stuff to streamline.

Is it true that like, 3 hours of the game was cut in the beginning?

Not that much. More like 1 hour was cut and it's still long enough to make people with ADD drop the game anyway

Dunno, but you get to the first island in about 40 minutes, that still seems kinda long to me

>1 slime left
>Hanlon cast Sap

What the fuck man.

>Get Ruff
>Still at level 4 with 2000+ exp

Well OK

>Every party member reacts and has something to say for pretty much every single dialogue from an NPC
>Hundreds of NPCs on the past AND future
>Those NPCs get new dialogue pretty much all the time while you're advancing the plot

This is just nuts. Does any other game even come close to this?

So apparently you can flee from any boss battle and win automatically, you just don't get any experience.

For what purpose?

wat

I think i'm going to drop this game, it's too realistic for me.

>apparently

This.

>Maribel two hits from death against crab boss.
>"Oh, Hanlon will heal her."
>Assessing situation
>1 hit from death
>He attacks

>Not wanting to become a hero and have the tsundere girl actually come to respect you

Go for it man.

>have to save the fucking world to get the girl
Talk about standards

No 3DS games all look like barf so I didn't.

I've been playing for an hour and am yet to encounter a single piece of underwear in the drawers. Is this really a Dragon Quest game?

Literally just happened to me at the tower on the first island. Crabu and then his Boss. I selected flee for both of them and it just let me progress through the game as if I had beaten them.

Sounds like a bug. People should try that for different bosses. If that's true, welp.

I don't want to save Maeve, wtf

No?

Even so it's objectively impossible to look any worse than the PS1 version and I love that game.

There are SNES games with better graphics than DW VII

I guess I have the statistical outlier Hanlon then.

>Ran all the way back to the village to heal before the miniboss at the top of the tower because I was super paranoid
>Hanlon crits the miniboss for a cool 150 in the first round, almost halving his HP
>Crits again in the next battle, ending it almost instantly
>mfw

It's in the place where you find a treasure chest in the past all the way down after descending tons of stairs

Yeah, the details are incredible.

Would be a nightmare for an OCD person who has to hear every single line though.

I didn't know you could flee from the crab fight but it's normal for the second fight, she isn't really a legit boss anyway. As far as I know you can't flee from later boss fights though.

You can do it with the skeleton but you shouldn't be able to with the crab.

Finally getting to the extra, streetpass shit.

Time for >tfw no streetpass friends again.

Nope. I haven't even started Bravely Second yet. Being a wage slave sucks.

I'm a wage slave and I still have time, user.

>have to backtrack 6 times before you even fight a single battle
>the girl runs like sonic
>midi music
>3 year old 3DS graffix

Its shit. Dropped.

Yeah, that was kinda out of nowhere. I was completely fine with just killing her

Do I have to give the wooden doll to the kid? I want to keep it.

I have some time to play, but I also have a pretty big backlog. I'm playing the first Project X Zone at the moment, and of course I still have to play the whole sequel too, so buying any more RPGs is a no-no for me at the moment.

just had my first party wipe on the second red island on that dungeon to the north.

had to fight the bass with its two goody bags with almost zero mp on Maribel, zero mp on my hero

Kiefer survived the fight with 2 HP and then got killed by the nearby cannibox

>Not caring about the woman who helped you

You guys are dicks.

Bought it, but waiting to play it, same for SMT Final.
I am waiting for that perfect time when all is cozy in my world so I can enjoy the wondermint of it all.

Until then Ill just play some WoW after work.

She was a monster, she helped, but since I had to kill her to bring back all the women, it was the logical choice.

no because its 70 dollars on amazon for some reason
DQ8 has the right price so...

>midnight
>work at 6am
>haven't started yet

what do

>SMT Final
It's called SMT4 Apocalypse, user.

Also the CIA got leaked days ago.

That opening bit of the battle theme is so great.

can you play this game without missing a ton of shit if you don't use a guide?

i'm not incredibly ocd about 100% but i don't want to miss sidequests and missable items, especially in a game this size

What kind of shitty country are you from where DQ, the most child friendly RPG of all time, is rated M?

australia, i actually didn't even notice that

funny considering sausage party was rated ma here but R in america

I bought it.

30 minutes in and I literally fell asleep.

IMO I think hero and Kiefer are cuter together. Smug should just become an old maid.

Call in sick

not figuratively?

Cheers mate. I found it after first going through the entire dungeon again and ending up there. Fuck my life. But atleast I can go on a new island adventure now.

The game is 120+ hours, he can't afford to take that much time off work

Without using spoilers, I feel like I'm filling up the tablet things pretty fuckin quick and I'm only 12 hours in, just got to mechaland with all the people fighting the robots.

How is this a 200 hour long game? It doesn't do a Bravely Default and just restart the entire game for plot reasons does it?

Of course.
I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

Yes, DQ7's plot resets like Bravely Default. It's such a common thing in JRPG's that I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet

Not figuratively.

I just woke up a little bit ago.

Either bait or Achmed cucking some poor European

Enjoying the hell out of it.

Seriously?

Is it fun to do at least?

Really enjoying it despite the name changes and accents. But you know what really ticks me off?
As far as I can tell Sony put no effort in advertising it, hell less than a week before release i didnt see a single mention of it on the DRAGON QUEST TWITTER

I pirated it

>sony

???

>M

Jesus Christ Australia

Why is Maribel such a whore?

>goody bags

You're now close to class change.

Stuck-up daughter of the mayor of the only village in the world who's two best friends are the prince and the son of the most prominent fisherman in her village. It'd be almost impossible for her not to be

Filling all the tablets isn't all of the story.

There's a lot more stuff after you restored everything AND you start getting tablets at a much slower rate near the end

I think it took me 100 hours to finish the first disc (restoring everything) + 20 hours to beat the game on the second disc

I bought it.

How the fuck do I reach the chest you see outside of a cave on a cliff by Estard?

Ah, that fucking cocktease of a chest. Still haven't gotten to it myself.

Nah, waiting on Apocalypse first then I'll bite the bullet.

Don't worry about it now. It's literally end game stuff. It's supreme cocktease

Isn't she like 12 or something

She's at least 16 or older than the protagonist.

IIRC the hero and Maribel are 16 and Kiefer is 18.

Piers is a jerk.

yeah, but more importantly, where's my thief key at? already missed a few chests here and there because they're locked

I never figured something.

Was the badass pirate dude the real father of the protagonist or just a very old ancestor?

Guys I can't stop farting and it smells like white castle

>Implying I will call it that shitty American title.

>almost near the end of chapter 4 in Dragon Quest IV on my android phone
>phone completely dies

>Not calling it Tokyo's Bad Day

Jap had an orchestrated sountrack for some reason while USA version has midi soundtrack. I've been playing the USA version and I don't think we're missing much. Through there is a patch replacing the music if you want it.

I have a modded 3DS but am thinking of buying this anyway just to support DQ games getting localized. Probably will go to Best Buy later and see if they have it.

>POST YOUR FAVOURITE ISLAND SO FAR
>Try not to spoil too much in case people aren't as far as you

I think for me it's either the animal-people island or the one that's being sieged by robots.
This game is fun as fuck.

Go on

Robot island, methinks.

Why do I get such an overwhelming sense of comfiness whenever he tells me we should find an inn for the night?

i played dragon quest caravan hearts a couple hours ago, and dropped it once i got to the tent.

but i got this and i wanted to see if the "newer" style makes it better, because i actually really loved the dialogue and the way the story was told in the beginning of caravan

>For some reason

The reason it's because it's god tier, but they unfortunately did a shit job with it. All remakes/ports should have the symphonic suites.

youtube.com/watch?v=YR1kvUHtI_U

>3ds
>buying games

If you haven't gone to the east on the present robot island, you should. It's an optional early introduction of the grand plot of the game.

square enix whatever they both start with and and are fucktards

Are they calling God, the Almighty now?

It was just a big ass church with a locked door and a lone guard that barely said anything

Hello, fellow Cred Forumstards I'm wondering how the quality of the translation is for this fine video game, specifically if the dialects from IV are in this game too and if Treehouse (is the translation by treehouse squareenix or 8-4?) have added hilarious memes like doge, the cake is a lie, grinman and happy black dude.

So just how bad is the lag with the digital version?

there is memes everywhere bro

What's your favorite track so far?

This one was always my favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKdr-67ntz0&list=PL295E94AC331A7C78&index=16

The soundtrack itself is pretty solid, but for a game this large, there's not much variety.

It's very memetastic my frimemend.

Quite, the final boss itself only speaks in memes.

There are some dialects (especially in the German town) but it's nowhere near as bad as IV.

youtube.com/watch?v=FePJs7v_aGo

You know you can take screenshots right?
Just open Miiverse and pick "save in your album" or whatever, then open Miiverse in the browser and download the picture.

Will Kiefer leave me?
Is there anyone that will temporarly disappear? I am thinking of spending some seeds

There's lag?

I bought it 15 years ago

Yeah some menus have some odd delay here and there.

>locked door

Wut? I remember being able to go inside on the PS1 version and got exposition there.

No, I'm getting SMT instead

I've heard it's worse in the digital version. Apparently the battles also chug there.

Yes

Everyone leaves your party at some point but only Kiefer leaves permanently

I kinda wish the game's battles would function more like the phone versions.
I played DQ8 on my smartphone, and the fact that I could assign a tactic to every character, but override the tactic on a turn basis is quite useful. the game would also default to the same move (unless it was pointless like healing a character with full health, then the character would default to a basic attack) the character used the previous turn

mashing through kiefer's menu to get him to use flame slash every time is getting tiresome

>Another retard...

*deep breath*

ITS NOT MIDI, IS SYNTHETHIZED MUSIC, IT STILL USES THE SAME MUSIC STREAMING FORMAT THAN THE JAP VERSION, SIMPLY IT USES SYNTH RECORDINGS OF THE MUSIC INSTEAD OF THE ORCHESTRAL RECORDINGS!

THE CARTRIDGES ARE STILL THE SAME WITH THE SAME MEMORY SIZE! SIMPLY THE COMPOSER WAS AN ANAL ASSHOLE AND THE TRACKS ARE BADLY LOOPED!, THATS WHY THE CHANGE WAS MADE, PROBABLY HORII DIDNT WANT THE CHANGE TO BE MADE!

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE UNDUB HACK MANAGED TO BE MADE?

I'm getting both. I skipped Bravely Second.

Cool, thanks. Its existence is annoying.

the menus really start chugging more and more with each window that opens

Level up slow everything down to a crawl.

I bought it but I forgot how bad aliasing was on the XL. holy shit it's unbearable

What would people say, from best to worst, is the best DQ storywise?

Aprox how many hours is it? Should I just keep him as he is then?

This! And it's really fucking annoying.

>storywise
Fuck off ff fag

I feel like I'm missing something because you can change change tactics in between turns. Often I set Keifer to Show No Mercy and that just makes him spam flame slash over and over and he doesn't do a whole lot else.

>Dragon Quest
>Story
You're looking into the wrong series, my friend.

The fuck is your problem you retard?

The games DO have story nevermind how minor. Only reason I'm asking is cause most say V is best, but I'm finding VII far more interesting.

DQV for sure.

silly user, dragon quest is for grind, not for story

they only like V for its waifu faggotry

They kept removing it from Amazon Canada and changing the release date so I said fuck it and pirated it. Good thing I did because no local retailers got it either. If Square wanted me to buy it they'd sell it to Canadians.

Wonder how many Canadians are getting the Japanese version delivered this week. For a few months that was the only result on Amazon Canada and the title/description was so vague it was easy to overlook that it wasn't the English version.

But the waifus barely impact anything.

there's a small difference here
in the PS2 version of DQ8 and now 3DS version of DQ7, yes, you can change the tactics at the beginning of each turn

but in the phone version, it's is much faster to change the character's behaviour for each turn

in the phone version, the game will give you a summary for what each character will do, and you can just click on a characters name and give him a direct order if you don't like his tactic. the game will reset back to the tactic in the next battle, or if the order wouldn't do anything on the next turn

on the console/handheld versions, you need to go through the tactics menu first and change the tactic to "follow my orders", and then, if you want the character to go back to their earlier tactic, you also need to open the tactics menu

Like 30 hours in? I don't remember. Game's too big.

Don't waste seeds on him. It's well before you get to the class system so don't worry about losing a heavy hitter.

i know its toriyama art and all but i dont see who is who by this picture.

ok the hero is son gohan i guess
the little boy looks like son goku
the old man is maybe muten roshi?
dunno about the rest. girl doesnt look like bulma or android 18

I'm waiting on the mobile version

no, because I'll never get used the static first person perspective during combat in Dragon Quest.
and from the looks of it there isn't really too much of an actual story in the game, compared to DQ8.
Which doesn't make it worth going through the boring fights.

V has overall the best story but VII's really good with building its world.

So Ruff has been level 4 for a while now, his first few levels went pretty quick, is something up with him or what? My other characters have levelled almost twice in the time it's taking him to go from 4>5.

yeah he needs like 2500 experience or so to get to level 5

VII is the less DB DQ while VI is dragonball as fuck.

But IGN only gave it a 7.7/10.

Keifer leaves permanently before you unlock jobs. Maribel and I think Mervyn leave temporarily, the other 3 never leave your party.

Fuck was having fun but im returning it bros

What should i do after the first island shows up? This royal meeting takes forever.

What's the appeal of DQ7?

Do you like old-school JRPGs?

LONG

>Keifer leaves forever

he's with Lana or whoever right now, is he gonna impregnate her and then going to get killed by Florin or something?

Tons of lore.
Ridiculous immersion if you have the patience
Balanced gameplay. Not too braindead and not too hard.
Class system
Excellent soundtrack.

haha i still don't have a job.

haha...

ha..

CUT

I have never played one.

Can be nice depending on what you're talking about.

Numen.

>her and then going to get killed by Florin or something?

This is the one rpg where you expect cliche disasters to happen but they never actually do. Everyone's alive by the end

Is that just the way he works? Will he always be several levels behind for the entire game?

>second village that got turned into statues
>saved them right away
>love triangle plot commence

Didn't need a demon lord for them to fuck up their lives.

I did not know that, thank you helpful user!

The ending is worthy of a Shakespearean tragedy.

>get to the alltrades section
>get to the part where you have to fight the two brutes with no abilities
>"don't worry! I took away their abilities too so it'll be balanced!"
>jk they keep spamming daze clouds
>everyone is constantly dazed and missing everything
This might be the most cancerous section I've ever encountered in an rpg, seriously considering dropping this piece of shit and playing a better game.

Anyone else find that the text looks a bit blurry? Like it's upscaled or something.

>Maribel asks whether or not I will be jealous if I saw her with another boy

Yes or no, user?

Are there any tips for playing this? Like don't level grind in the beginning of it will make grinding for job levels excruciating later? Don't spend money on weapons / armor because all you need is in the dungeon right next store?

Nah, that's just the 3DS' glorious 240p screen at work. Happens with pretty much every game.

Just be patient, user. You did bring tons of herbs, right?

all because of the gambling thing

>Don't spend money on weapons / armor because all you need is in the dungeon right next store?

You definitely need to buy equipment. You only got one or two weapons/armor from looting and they often aren't the newest one.

Too much suffering for Aussies.

God, Dill is such a hopeless man.

It's not a good idea to hold off on buying weapons/armor. Yes you do sometimes find quality stuff just by exploring towns/dungeons but there's no guarantee and it's pretty important to have the best weapons/armor if you want to survive the boss fights, plus you can always re-sell whatever you don't need.

Reminder that the Strong and Weak 3D options are actually reversed

Meaning?

The Weak option has stronger 3D and vice versa

why?

Why do people call out shilling with Western games, but when some obvious salesman posts a forced DQ thread full of samefagging daily for months no one seems to care?

No self-respecting person would buy a shitty localization with content taken out.

You mean using the slider or is there an actual setting in-game?

Jesus, why does Lisette speak with a lisp?

Cred Forums is full of bots. mindless bots. those bots are the Cred Forums groupies who stand by each shitty patrician game/series. one of those is dragon quest. another is shin megami tensei for example.

>shitty localization with content taken out.

Ahh... the good old "le censorship" meme. With a slight hint of "muh accents" mixed in.

>replying to a tripfag
You are part of the problem.

the in-game setting.

>SONICS ARMS ARE BLUUUUE

>They're all sheeple by liking the game. But not me, I'm the real deal you guys.

Your use of "all" is incorrect in this sentence, one person posting multiple times is still one person.

I will pirate literally every Square game until they decide to localize the stuff fans actually want like Terry's Wonderland Rocket Slime 3, Dragon Quest Joker 3

Me save money for Apocalypse!

>How dare they localise the main series instead of the spin offs!!

What the fuck.

Maybe you should delete that buddy.

I am real. You're a bot.

Because fuck Treehouse.

>Just buy the games you've already played!
>JUST FUCKING BUY THEM AGAIN.

What's up, Todd, how are you?

Bet the spinoffs are acctualy better then the mainline dragonquest, shitlord!

This robobot island is the first time I'm having fun with this game. The combat is still braindead, but at least in this island the plot is a step up from before.

she did that in japan too

I'm still early game, but I feel like Kiefer and Maribel are both looking down on me in some ways. Feels bad.

Pretty sure she didn't. She didn't in the PS1 version and I have read her dialogue in Japanese and no heavy lisp like that.

Nah it's still not up on Ciaangel I'll pirate it next week.

>At least 5 "I pirated it xD" posts ITT
>Not a single (you)

Stop ignoring me you guys! :(

I bought the micro sd card used to pirate the game. In a sense, I did.

Hey we're at the same part.

Australia is very anal when it comes to gambling in video games.

I know this is hard for you to believe, but it's possible that some of these """""salesmen""""" are actually just really dedicated DQ fans that want to see it successful in the west so more games can come over and more people can enjoy the series.
If that's bad, then fuck you.

Hey guys, I just started playing Dragon Quest(TM) 7 on the Nintendo(TM) 3DS. Of course I bought it, I actually have both a physical copy for my collection and a digital copy to play on the go! I am really happy that Nintendo allows me to play in various ways, and since I have a job I can afford to buy the game and don't mind putting it a little extra. Anyway, what a fantastic game! I love the localization work that was done, three cheers to the company that did it. It conveys the personality of Dragon Quest(TM) 7 quite well and even adds some extra flair not present in the original (These silly Japanese are not very good at writing, so we have to help them a little). I suggest everyone also purchase this wonderful game to prove V's loyalty to Nintendo.

Best regards,
Trevor

Hey, Trevor. I'm really happy to read your post, as my experience is almost exactly the same as yours. As a girl gamer and a visible minority, I wasn't sure I would be able to recognize myself in Dragon Quest(R) 7, but I ended up purchasing it at my nearest retailer and it is just a blast! I love the little touches of personality added to the female characters. It makes them feel more like real human beings with emotions. I do wish I could customize my player avatar to make hir similar to myself (I am an African-American woman). I can only hope that this will be possible in future installments of Dragon Quest(R) in America. Maybe the localization company (which has done a fantastic job with Dragon Quest(R) 7, props to them) can add a simple feature to modify the skin color and gender of the player character next time. I hope to hear more about your thoughts on the game, Trevor, and I second your comment about purchasing the game and showing your support!

Cheers,
Patricia

ワウ、ガイズ。ユル コメンツ アー ベアリー ムーヴィング アンド インスパイリング。感動してきました。今すぐ、ドラゴンクエスト7(tm)のアメリカ版を購入します。皆さんも、そうしてくださいね。
―広島

Harmour in the Dharma shrine wipes out my team thanks to 3 straight crits in a row. I didn't save in town before, I deserve this.

At least the fucking class changes are happening soon, fuck.

Brave yourself user, it gets worse before it gets better.

>people are already at the shrine

Fuck, I'm still in love triangle town.

>in 10

What does "style" do?

If you don't know, you're not far enough in the game yet for it to matter

Is Armamentalist any good or is it garbage like most classes that try to fuse magic and physical attacks in JRPGs?

I don't think there's a missable quests/important items, aside from maybe medals. But I might be wrong, it's been so long since I played the ps1 version.

What does wisdom even do? Apparently it doesn't affect magic damage, it doesn't affect exp rate either.

Would it really kill them to let us select the attributes in the menu and read what the fuck do they do?

Because he's like an onii-chan to us.

i really want to buy it but i don't have enough time to play it

xenoverse 2 looks cool too, and i don't have money for both

Im debating if I get this of SMT.

Downloaded a CIA but have yet to install it

I guess it depends on what you want out of a game.

It looks awful so no

>mfw getting both
>Pokemon Sun Moon over horizon
>mfw set for RPGs until god knows when

EOV localization when?

Mostly pick up rpg for a long bus ride. I might end up getting SMT first and maybe DQ for Christmas

I bought Builders instead

>in 10
So THAT's what happened in How I stalked a guy with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword
I was pretty confused as to why Slambo would turn into a cute girl

All it says in the manual is "A measure of natural intelligence"

>Talk to everyone in town
>Use Party Chat all the time
>Explore everywhere
>Opening should be under an hour
>Already hour and a half in and just got Kiefer to try to use the Sunstone
I know I can rush right to the first island but I'm having too much joy just talking to people. Dragon Quest is one of the few games where I honestly love talking to everyone I see.
>Not buying both
What? What Dragon Quest or something?
Honestly I'm looking more towards Builders than even Dragon Quest 7 and DQ7 is my favorite of the Dragon Quest games.

>Not buying both
I would have gotten DQ7 right away if I didn't also pick up SMT4A and World of Final Fantasy.

>and Kiefer
Oh boy do I have news for you

>Next month I'm getting DQ Builders and WoFF
I'm going to try my fucking best to beat DQ7 by than but I don't think I'll be able to.

WoFF is going to be my main RPG while Builders is just my comfy game to just slowly take in.

Which is the same as saying nothing.

>Haven't bought any game all year
>bought two copies of this game and gave one to a friend

Is "Dorian" an important character or do they just block any NPC's name?

If an NPC has a name, they're important in some way (tied to a plot or game trigger). If they just have an asterisk (*) as their name, they're optional NPCs. But some of them can still have helpful hints.

>buying 3DS games

Reddit please leave.

> they gave keifers sister a lisp

Y tho

Because she has a list in the Japanese version as well

>get ruff
>First few levels go by normally
>On level 4 he won't gain more levels
>Check at church
>Me at level 13 requires less XP to level than Ruff at 4
Who thought this meme was ok?

>this god awful toriyama artstyle
I never got into DragonQuest because of it, fuck this shit. It's meant for dragon ball and not chrono trigger or dragon quest or some shit

Is it wrong that the primary reason why I haven't been able to get into the DQ games is that I hate the UI?
I don't even mind the accents.

>it's another "IT GETS GOOD AFTER X HOURS" game

Here's your (You)

>not getting both

What's the difference between:
>You did buy it right?
and
>You bought it, right?

i didn't buy it because i am still playing dragon quest 9 and only at 92% completion after 632 hours.

I haven't been able to get into a games because of the UI before. But Dragon Quest isn't one of them. Usually its Simulation or Strategy games where the UI is a deal breaker for me.

I'm having a ton of problems in life now, I wonder if this game will allow me to lay back and relax.

Style is for a minigame later on and sometimes if you are stylish enough enemies will waste turns staring.

Wisdom is spell damage. Every spell has a set damage range and always has in every DQ. But with enough wisdom you can do a bit more. Like if kafrizzle is 100-120 abd marbel has 300 wisdom she could do 140-150 with it. The ranges make sure even if someone is bad at magic like Gabo they can still do something with it

These games show a completion percentage? Neat.

What's happening user?

Most Dragon Quest games do that. However, this one is more intense in terms of story material so I can't honestly say its the best for someone who is depressed/stressed. I'd say Dragon Quest VIII is the best game if you're stressed out.

>In the NES titles, Wisdom determines a character's potential Magic Points - Wikia
Does VII on the 3ds count as a NES title?

Pirated it to play it early, bought it day one.

Fiancee is living far away now, I have to move over to where she is, but I need to get fired in order to collect unemployment benefits, else I'll have like no money. Either that, or I stay at this shitty job for 3 more months until I have enough money to get by. My manager doesn't want to fire me though, so it's been hell. My parents don't know I'm planning on moving either so whenever I skip work they get mad at me.

Well I need something that will suck me in. An intense story will help with that, and I know DQ games are comfy.

I think I'm 2 islands away from 'Jail' and getting classes. Gonna try to power through and get classes today. Want to turn Maribel into a slutty...I mean, prim and proper mage/dancer.

nintendolife.com/news/2016/09/guide_getting_started_in_dragon_quest_vii_fragments_of_the_forgotten_past

>Wisdom is discussed as "intelligence", but actually controls the character's ability to dodge spell attacks.

I'm at the same part. This doesn't go on for the entire game right? Wrecks my autism to have a party member 10 levels lower than the rest.

>not getting SMT and pirating the shitty bugged framerate crappy localization DQ

I bought it but haven't played it yet.

>not pirating both and enjoy orchestra/undub version of each game

>Focus Strength + Oomph + Knuckle Sandwich

Ah shit, I broke the game.

>fiancee

stopped reading right there normie faggot

Don't kid yourself, she's about the only girl I'd ever get in life. Childhood friend too and my crush since I was 8. I'm no normie.

So the previous guy was wrong then.

Also, holy shit what a useless attribute.

>undub

Hahaha! Hey, guys, are you getting a load of this fucking weebtrash cuckboi right here? Frick off now before you get hurt!! If I ever see you around again, it won't be pretty for you. *taps katana menacingly*

Wait 'til you get Vacuum Wave or whatever it's called. An MP-free "Hit all enemies hard" move.

I forgot that this was coming out around the same time as SMT.

>Not just playing them in Japanese

You're engaged to your childhood sweetheart? Is she at least ugly as sin which is the only reason you could get her? Otherwise you're too normie to be here.

Why would I buy something that's been """"localized"""" up the ass

yep, Skrillex, demon boy detective comes out on the 20th

> I don't really like turn based RPGs
> Its awful.
>3DS hardware needs replacing yesterday

tell us again why you own a 3ds and play rpgs on it?

>that drumline on the maun battle theme
Hack to add orchestral music back when? I'm guessing someone can make that possible to get with menuhax.

I'd never have a crush on an ugly girl.

Was she just rescued from the Horse-man?

8 hours in, does the backtracking stay as constant? First hour sucked and shit like backtracking to get that water from my uncle to the volcano and having to do the volcano in modern times fir the tablet sucked.

It was available days ago.

>ha ha I'll just play the intro
>6 hours later

Bought it and oh gosh I cannot put it down!!

>Maribel sides with Lavender while Kiefer sides with Carraway

Pottery

Yeah, I bought it. Comfy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

just got lucky and beat Nava

got really close sometimes, almost some turns with a full party wipes
only won because a bit of lucky RNG

how was that fight supposed to be fair?

also, give me some tips on those classes

Can you use the wooden doll in that battle? I didn't have it on any character at the time so I couldn't.

I've heard from several sources that the game is nigh-unplayable due to lag. I wanted to buy it, but I guess I won't now.

An user said before that he used it on golem battle and he won instantly.

>Pirate
>See how the lag is
>Buy it if you're satisfied

Not that hard.

How childish of you to assume other people hack their systems just because you have no morals or self control.

How does quicksaving work? I quick saved last night and it just started me at my last actual save. Luckily there wasn't much to redo but it was still a nuisance. Bug or something?

It has some really shitty lag in the menus, out of all places.

Its a turn based JRPG with no ATB or anything, it could run at 10 fps and be playable. I haven't seen anything below its usual 30fps yet though and I'm 8 hours in.

How childish of you to assume other people hack their systems simply for illicit reasons.

>10 fps and be playable
Would look really shitty though

DQ7 is my favorite. I've been hearing the 3DS version is even better, so I can't wait to play it. Is there an option to listen to the old synthesized music? I liked it a lot, but the orchestrated soundtrack is fine too.

If it's like previous DQ games, you quicksave and you'll be returned to title screen. If you choose to load quicksave, then that quicksave will be gone.

Is your friend a tsundere redhead?

The soundtrack is MIDI in the English version.

Hacking it is in itself illicit, my good man. I suggest you back down now, for were I inclined to do so, I could pierce the heart of your argument in an instant with my gentlemanly logic, backed by the full force of the law, while you have only the base justification of criminals supporting you.

>implying you wouldn't hack your 3ds right now if you weren't to lazy too

No, sadly.

I'm assuming more retarded pirates stole it than actually bought it. Oh, but they'll totally get it when it's $10~15 on sale in a year or two. That totally adds to the sales count that the devs are looking for.

If it makes you feel better, I only pirated the Japanese version.

Will builders be playable on the playstation tv?

Piracy is much smaller on the 3DS than it was on the original DS. While its not good that people are pirating it, I think it won't be as big of an impact as the DS games. I suspect this game will sell well over 500k. Its already selling quite fast.

Not him, but

>hmm, well, I could hack my 3DS now, but the only two games coming out that I still want are DQVII and VIII and I'll be buying both of those so whatever
>updates firmware
>turns out the localization company did some lazy coding or something and introduced lag issues not present in the original JP version
>people reporting that fiddling with the N3DS CPU settings in CFW mostly alleviates them

Good fucking job, me.

>Oh, but they'll totally get it when it's $10~15 on sale in a year or two
Jokes on you I don't spend money on games, no matter how cheap it is.

>tfw you trigger a scene too early and miss dialogue.

What am I supposed to do with the wooden doll?

Just play the game normally. It has two possible story triggers so if you miss the first one, you'll still see the second one.

Piracy is way less common on the 3DS than it was on the DS and PSP dude. If only because it takes a marginal amount of effort, that's enough to scare away a lot of normalfags that might pirate.

I pirate the shit out of everything and I still bought DQ7, so you can go shove your smug attitude up your ass.

Piracy is minuscule on the 3DS compared to DS and PSP.

I tip my fedora to you gentlesir, and would purchase a citrus carbonated beverage for standing up against the degenerate pirates. We should just be happy Nippon sends us these games regardless of technical issues, censorship, etc. Where would this multi million dollar industry be of we were to not unsheath and empty our wallets for them?

>I've had enough with this adventure! I want to go home
>later she follows the mc and kiefer to their hideout
que?

If you haven't caught on by now, Maribel doesn't actually mean 90% of what she says.

Anybody know why they renamed God damn everything in the remake? I keep calling the town by the wrong name and they even changes the name of Gabo, a main party member

Probably because less people are playing on the 3ds now than people playing Ds back then. And I'm not necessarily talking about sales, just the usage of the handheld itself.

Exactly right, my good man. We may vote with our wallets in whichever way we please, but to circumvent the law and take matters into our own hands as though we were a band of brutish thugs...no. That, we must never do, or we would be little more than degenerates. I did not think you would see the light, but I am pleasantly surprised that my words have reached you. I am glad I took the time to talk with you. A tip of the had and a good day to you as well, my good man.

rate my vocation plan

Hero: Warrior & Martial Artist & Priest >> Gladiator & Paladin >>> Champion
Maribel: Mage & Priest / Dancer & Jester & Troubadour >> Sage & Luminary >>> Druid
Ruff: Thief & Shepherd >> Monster Masher

maybe Sailor, Pirate on Ruff too, since otherwise he'd be stuck at max vocations too long compared to the other two

Really? Did they give a reason? That's a bizarre decision.

It's not MIDI, it's synth just like every single other Dragon Quest game on the DS and 3DS.

I don't think they've made an official statement about it but it's probably because there's at least one song on the Japanese OST that doesn't loop properly or isn't the full song. They didn't re-record every song like they did for the western release of DQ8, they apparently just reused one of the Symphonic Suite CDs

Reminder that if you want an early main plot exposition, you can go to the inn far northwest of present love triangle island.

Something something copyright

Makes sense. I listened to "Memories of a Lost World" and I thought it sounded a lot like the old symphonic track. I didn't know it was exactly the same. I prefer the original synth tracks so this is a plus for me. Maybe the poor implementation of the music wasn't well received.

Oh they're not just the PS1 music copy pasted, it's all been redone. I think except for the sailing music it all sounds better than the originals so far.

What's up with Ruff's chomp skill? It deals less damage than a regular attack like every time.

What's God's name in this one? I just got to the island where you get Gabo/Ruff. I like Gabo more.

In the Joker games he was called Numen (latin for "Divinity")

I would assume it's the same here, but I haven't gotten that far yet

The Almighty

>Frobisher isn't a zoom location

???

Ah OK. I like God better, but I can deal with The Almighty. I think that was his name in DQ9 too.

No, he was Zenos, the Grand Architect there.

Head of SquareEnix here. You're not getting joker or X. Stop asking and stop spamming me with gay porns.

>There's a diary on the table, read it?
>All he cares about is chasing after his dreams! He never so much as looks at little ol' me!
>But I just know he knows I'm there! He's trying to drive me away, but he can't fight the inevitable!
>... The diary continues in the same vein for several pages, with the handwriting growing more and more feverish, until it deteriorates into an illegible scrawl

Don't overgrind dude. You'll have a hard time grinding the vocations if you do.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIRYKE6JkMo

the music sounds gorgeous

Did the jap version have it though? That's the question.

[PANIC]

I don't know how classes work in this version of the game. But on the PS1, both Pirate and Shepard were dead end classes. Despite being the obvious choice for Hero and Gabo. I am hoping they fixed it for the remake.

I never played the original so I'm just gonna wing it
Might try making Gabo a healer since he seems to naturally be the fastest right now, even though he's still 7 levels behind everyone else

yup

I heard Maribel leaves. Is this true?

That's Lavender's diary, isn't it?

yes

She comes back.

>Hero, Maribel and Ruff are all close to mastering their advanced classes (Armamentalist, Sage and Gladiator)
>Mervyn just joined and has to catch up

There are 5 permanent playable characters in the game, right? Do I get punished if I focus on only 4 of them and leave the fifth to rot?

I probably shouldn't be so cheap, it's taking me too long to wipe out enemies.

No. Never cared about DQ7.

I'm getting VIII 3DS day one though.

How long is this game compared to IX? It's the only other DQ i've played aside from DQMJ

Is there a point to using the base classes at all? Or are they just there for you to grind more so that you can unlock the higher tiers?

It's the longest in the series.

You'll age 20 years before even reaching the second half.

idk, IX was pretty long wasn't it? Even just the main story

That's exaggerating. It only took me 15 years.

Was I supposed to do something with the sizzling stone?

why does this abbey shit take so long

I can't believe I have to go ALL they way down again

Don't worry, it'll come up again MUCH later.

>he couldn't finish the game in under 10 years

Just found the boss in Ruff's dungeon turned into a human. Why can't I make him go to the Haven?

Yeah. In about 50 hours.

Welcome to Rhone 2.0. Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole.

that's not how it works u little shit

I heard the PS1 version takes 100 hours to finish the story, is this true or is it an exaggeration?
People have also been saying that the remake cuts down a lot of it though, so maybe it's about as long as the other DQs now?

Thanks.

>that feeling when you finally find your first boomerang

I bought it and I'm loving it but its making me depressed because I am now remembering I'm in the last goddamn dungeon of DQV (I had beaten that fucking piece of shit Ladja), and I feel like I should be playing that instead and finishing it instead.

But I bought it day one because I did want to support the series, I just feel like if I spend time playing it, it will make it hard to go back to DQV.

Supposedly a good amount of it is literally just because of how slow the menus, dialogue, transitions, loading, etc. is. Something like adding 30% to the total time just because of how downright slow everything is. Haven't played it myself yet though, so I can't confirm myself, only going off what I've read others say.

People who know exactly what they're doing still take 80 hours to beat the PS1 version of the game. So a first time player can early exceed 100 hours. And way more than that if they don't do classes correctly or don't use skills correctly.

I won't know how the 3DS version compares until I finish it. But so far, everything in the PS1 game is the same in the 3DS version. But the faster movement speed and smaller Shrine is making it a little faster. Yet it feels like there's more dialogue now.

>Use Snooze on a boss
>It works
That probably saved me, I never try status moves besides Sap. Maribel was almost completely out of MP.

Are Monster Classes worth using or would I be gimping myself?

>30 hours into the game
>Haven is still a shithole with only a bar and church
>Can't find any more immigrants despite talking to every NPC whenever I restore a town

>TWO party members can equip boomerangs

you need to pick up those monster munchies and then you'll just get more immigrants from random encounters

The graphics suck, I want my money back.

They're much better than normal classes depending on how far down the grinding hole you go.

If you talk to everyone, you don't seem to have to backtrack much. I had it when I got there.

Dazzle is also generally pretty effective

>they're the only party members who never leave the party

Why are VIIIfags such insufferable cunts?

Where the fuck is the first immigrant anyways? She said he'd be at a place famous for seafood but I couldn't find anyone in Estard or Pilchard Bay.

Do you have to use the monster munchies as an item in battle or does it just happen automatically?

Docks in Pilchard Bay, he's a bard.

Not him but I just got those, am I supposed to use them or do they just join randomly?

Ignore him. He doesn't speak for the rest of us. Despite VIII being my favorite game, I love all the others as well.

He's at the end of the dock in Fishbel...I mean Pilchard Bay.

item description: Just carrying these tasty treats seems to have some kind of effect...

in short: having them in your bag is enough

what am I gonna do with all those minimedals?

Would leaving a chest unopened in the past allow you to open it in the present? Is that a mechanic?

I haven't seen anything happen with them yet so I'm just going to put them on my Heroes inventory just in case.

Save them up, you're gonna need FORTY-FUCKING-FIVE for the first reward later in the game.

Who should I be using these fucking seeds on? I'm scared I'm going to fuck this up and waste them. I've got 2 magic, 2 wisdom.

No

Seriously? Well I'm dumb then. I'll go find him next time I'm back in the present.

Not so far as I can tell. I've raided a chest in the past and then gotten an item out of the same chest in the present. And then sometimes the chests only exist in one period.

Just don't use any on Keifer

VII was the only mainline DQ game I hadn't already played

I'm about 15 hours in now and I've fallen in love with it, it seems to have everything I want in a DQ game

Everyone except Kiefer.

on my map there's a tiny glowing mark all the way up north, but when I sailed there I found nothing

what's up with that?

I just dump any magic-related seeds on Maribel, might put a few MP ones on Ruff too though

>tfw you gave Maribel so many resilience seeds that she now has the highest resilience in your party, 2 points higher than Kiefer

I've been dumping everything except Magic/Wisdom seeds into the Hero. Maribel gets the rest.

What are the max points that seeds can add? I think it's 5 for some, and 3 for others, but I'm not sure which

Got it, thanks. Maribel is my favorite so far anyways but Keifer is cool too. No seeds for him though.

You'll find out later.

This game loves to open up areas only to say "NO EXPLORATION YET COME BACK IN 10 HOURS!"

>It's a "the metal slime doesn't run away but your attacks keep missing anyway because fuck you" episode

>tfw I killed the fucking slug on the PS1 version

I'm not making that mistake again!

>When killing Maeve

That goddamn fight where she just defends like some kind of MMO buddy tanking you for exp or something. Good gameplay=story

damn why are all the DQ monsters so qt?

yes you can

>play online
>on CFW
fucking retarded piratefag

>talk to Dill's maid
>asks if I tasted her food
>say Yes
>she says it's poisoned
>*CURSED ITEM JINGLE*
>she says she's just kidding

later

>bandits near the abbey
>get torn to shreds
>they say don't worry, we're not gonna kill you
>YOU HAVE BEEN BURIED ALIVE
>*CURSED ITEM JINGLE*

my sides

>Playing the matching game
>*CURSED ITEM JINGLE*

Do you think Maribel is the kind of girl who'd pee in your mouth and tell you you should be happy to experience the rich taste of a high-class woman such as her?

I want to reach the place with the "kids marturbating a horse thinking they're milking it" joke.

I wonder if they removed that from this version. That shit destroyed my sides.

Don't worry, all you have to do is plug up all the openings in your 3DS so Nintendo can't release the mustard gas when they detect you playing a pirated game.

Sounds more like something Debora would do, but it gave me a boner either way.

Am I a bad person if I wanted an option to tell Ambrose to fuck off and let the king and his scientists dismantle ELLIE and make robots based off of her

No.

>implying Reggie won't send his ninjas to personally delete all of your games

>it's an "uncontrollable NPC party member does the wrong fucking things every turn" episode

Yes. Edgy mostherufcker

Do I need to keep Monster Munchies in a character's inventory or can I just leave em in my bag?

Bag, nigga.

>It's an "NPC party member does literally nothing every turn" episode

Hahahahaha!!!!! I really REALLY love le ebina reggie ninja meme fellow redditor HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LULZY LULZ LULZ LULZ LULZ HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH DEATH TO ALL REDDIT MEMESCUM DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE IF YOU'VE EVER GONE TO REDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you okay?

>used the wooden doll instead of fighting the boss

Fuck

I missed out on a fuckton of exp an loot didn't I?

I got to the village of animals and I don't know how to free the kid from his lock, please help

>_>;

I like Bianca's daughter!

Gamefaqs might be more your style.

Is there any way to set up the controls so I can control the camera with the new 3ds c stick?

After killing it I wondered if that was an option and almost reloaded my save to try it

You didn't miss out on much, maybe like 100 exp and 50 gold

>NPC uses a herb on someone who has full health instead of the one who's going to fucking die at the beginning of next turn

nice milf (anime babe i likes to fuck) :)

Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 2 - Measure of a Man

In other words, you're a RACIST!

I'm a woodcuter, and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day

I get enough working an enjoyable job to own a home, a car, and enjoy enthusiast-level entertainment goods at my leisure.

Find some good employment and you'll be stoked for those ten hour days. You have fun while also getting paid mad money.

Why is Maribel so sultry?

Hormones running wild and you and Kiefer are the only boys around her age in the world

what about that weapon merchant

Oh yeah I forgot about him, he's the one she wants to fuck actually

Because if you tell her no it sends blood rushing to her sex, that's why she got so flustered at the start of the game.

What did you think she was doing on the boat, hiding behind those pots?