Did this game push the DS to its limits?

Did this game push the DS to its limits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TEO49Xl8BzA
youtube.com/watch?v=e3FVLyzmNAI
youtube.com/watch?v=hWBUdgIa0oE
youtube.com/watch?v=yYqn4yshLL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WALK ALONG THE RAZOR'S EDGE

I dunno, Metroid Prime Hunters is a very good contender for that title.

That being said, SM64DS is one of those rare instances where a launch title is more technically impressive than the majority of other games that got released later in its rather lengthy life. It probably set the bar quite high too, like you'd think other N64 games like OoT or SF64 would be ported over in a similar fashion but Nintendo waited until the 3DS to port those.

#>Metroid Prime Hunters is a very good contender for that title.
This, if you run the game in an uprezzing emulator it gives PSP games a run for their money.

I can't wait to see how 3DS games look upscaled

I want to see SMT IV in HD.

>Upscaled Monster Hunter 3U, 4U, and Gen

we'll actually be able to see those sexy textures that 4U uses with the N3DS

citra actually usable when

Being a launch title, probably no. The most technically impressive shit usually comes at the very end of the generation. Like those 3d-games on GBA.

Umm... The textures will look worse. The ground textures will look abysmal. Only the models will look good and the weapons armor.

But the ground and walls and climable shit like webs will looks so fucking terrible

No, this game did. Also Golden Sun.

there are high res textures that 4U uses when it detects a N3DS type, would look a lot better than what the normal stuff looks like

also the models will actually be able to shine, this is the model and texture used in 4U/Gen for Gore, even only upscaled it would look fantastic

On a N3DS, the texture difference of the same monsters, areas, etc from MH4U to MHGen is noticeably worse since the latter doesn't have special treatment. However I think the texture filtering in the latter has taken a bigger hit, it's really noticeable in the Volcanic Hollow when you are moving and looking at the ground.

example

yeah, Gen doesn't really do anything different like 4U, damn shame too

This game kinda did
It was balanced around the slowdown caused by the DS being unable to have too many bullets on the screen without lagging heavily

I don't know about others but Kirby looks fucking sexy.

you should've in kirby threads during the release month of Planet Robobot

it looks fucking sexy

Considering they had to wait until 3DS to remake OOT and SF64, yes.

Not only it was possible to play SM64 in a portable video game, but they also managed to add some more content. I know the controls are horrible, but for that time, everybody who owned it were amazed by it.

They didn't have to wait, they chose to. The 3DS is supposedly approaching the Gamecube in terms of power, its the shitty screen that holds it back. Bare in mind Mario Kart DS looked better than Mario Kart 64.

this

I kept waiting for more 3D platformers to get released for it (ports or otherwise) and was so disappointed. Even the 3DS doesn't have many 3D platformers

Federation force looks worse than this. How could they fuck up so bad?

>The 3DS is supposedly approaching the Gamecube in terms of power,
Lol

If the console struggles to render a framebuffer smaller than Crash Bandicoot, it's not even close to Gamecube level

So much top down chibi shit.

Eve Zelda got in on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=TEO49Xl8BzA

Wasn't that a launch title?

Next Level Games are capable as they are, aren't really suited to this sort of game.

Yes it was, for all regions no less.

>Bare in mind Mario Kart DS looked better than Mario Kart 64.
Are you joking? The characters' models in DS look worse than 64's sprites.

It certainly has better character models than the n64 did but the textures in the game are really grainy and bad.

That being said it's a solid game considering it only came out 8 years after the original n64 version with even more content. Just think, that would be the rough equivalent of them releasing mario galaxy on the 3ds today with 30 more individual levels, it's actually pretty impressive when you think about it

>Upscaled Monster Hunter 3U

You mean the Wii U version?

Wii U version is locked to 30 FPS

Nah. I spent more time playing the mini-games than the actual game.

>releasing mario galaxy on the 3ds
speaking of which, do you remember this hoax?
youtube.com/watch?v=e3FVLyzmNAI

Bretty gud, senpai

By the way, the Citra nightlies now have CPU JIT, so it's a lot faster now.

>models look worse than prerendered sprites
You don't say?

Shit dude, I haven't seen that in years. I feel like such a retard for being convinced back then.

FF graphics are fine

the chibi style ruins it

This is obviously fake by the simple fact SMG didn't have characters with huge heads and smaller body and strange animations.

I still believed in it, though.

So how did user upscale the games?

Liking 64DS = being underage.

That's not to shabby given that 64DS has lower res textures than Mario 64.

Citra

Are they actually lower res? I know that the filtering is worse but that's all.

Citra emulator

I thought it was still pretty wonky

they really aren't, the filtering is what does it in

It is, but it's okay for taking uprezzed still images.

peachy

>Nomura game

Looks like shit honestly.

I dare you to show me a more impressive GBA title. Yes, this is a GBA game.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWBUdgIa0oE

>Yes, this is a GBA game.
Well no shit. It looks terrible

I wish Wario was more useful in SM64DS than just for grabbing some certain 1-2 stars

It's been a while, did the game even put in extra requirements to compensate for the additional 30 stars?

It looks like a PS1 game man. I can't think of anything else trying full 3D GBA.

No Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate butoden did.

The Kingdom Hearts games are good for this too

GBA could run 60 fps why couldn't the 3ds?

>kid icarus upscaled to hd

i can't fucking wait

fun as hell game one of the best hidden gems ive gotten for under 10 bucks.

the sound effects and lag from the charged missles was funny

I've been saying this since it was first shown, fucking nintendrones would always try to argue with me about it kek

Yes it did and is one of the best ports the DS had. I wonder why they didn't port OoT do DS earlier.

Federation Force is a good game and once you try it on a real 3DS (not a fucking YouTube video), the graphics are actually pretty decent.

Solid 8/10 little game.

>Solid 8/10 little game.
Go to bed Cody

I completely agree
>b-but, my memes!

Played 64 on a friend's n64 and was so excited to get it for myself on a handheld. Loved the game and still do.
>tfw you were 12 when 64DS came out

That's not a feel.

>Solid 8/10 little game.
Lol.

wow dude, you really showed us
I used to think this game I've played, beaten, and continue playing for the multiplayer was fun, but your meme warfare sure convinced me otherwise

The Fed Force devs got outdone by one spic, isn't that just pathetic?

SSX 3 looks imprressive for GBA

youtube.com/watch?v=yYqn4yshLL8

THIS IS GBA ???

nice to see you played it, care to share friend codes so we can team up to some hard mode missions?

>if you play the game, you're Cody
grow up little man, I know you can come up with better shitposting than this

60fps on 2D is a lot different from 3D. 2D games on 3DS are 60fps.

DON'T LOOK DOWN JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD

NSMB, Zelda ALBW and SSB4 run at smooth 60fps too. There are a few others but I can't remember.

Monster Hunter 4U on New models

damn nigga I'm assuming the sound is broken but that looks fucking nice

If anything it averages around 40 FPS in standard play