Yesterday I whined about never beating Father Gascoigne since I came to him...

Yesterday I whined about never beating Father Gascoigne since I came to him. Today I tried again and got him on the first try! Fucking good feeling. Tho I am ashamed it took so long...

r8 my build I seriously have no clue what I'm doing

Amelia would oneshot you with that much health.

She probably will, whoever she is

Nice job, senpai. I would level up health though, unless you are skilled at BB.

I would recommend that you make her your 5th boss, make you sure you kill the Blood Starved Beast and Witch of Hemwick before fighting her. Also Cathedral Ward is one of the largest area of the game, make sure to do lots and lots of exploring.

I really am not, I just focused on skill since it gives me gains with the threaded cane. I will focus on health for now, thanks for the tip.

I will try, have no clue to how to get to her but when I do run in to her I will keep it in mind.

Shit man, You need to get more Vitality, aim for 30 then take skill to 25. Then spend a few points in End.
After that take Vitality to 50 and either pump more into skill or invest in Bloodtinge or arcane depending on what weapons you're aiming for.
Arcane and Bloodtinge are both super fun and good but are pretty pointless until later in the game.
Arcane makes maxing out weapons much easier and lots of the spells you get are OP as fuck, You also don't have to worry about missing out on damage on attacks if you add the right glyphs to your weapons. Get bolt, fire and arcane ones to switch your damage over then get ones that increase the scaling value.

Ok that's some nice and specific stats, thanks for telling me. I'm continuing making progress and just lit the fire in Old Yarnham

What just happened, is that a skill? I've never seen it before.

Isn't that the guy with 99 endurance and nothing else?

Madra (Madaras?) Whistle from the DLC. Lets you summon that giant snake head. It's mostly terrible, but good for giggles.

Also OP, is totally right about you needing more health, but I wouldn't worry much about your arcane or bloodtinge for a long while. Your gun is more about parrying, so don't bother pumping bloodtinge until your health is atleast 30 and endurance is 25.

Spells are gross tho, I just finished a 40/40 str arc build and found them all to just be for flavour and not practical. When your MLG does about 700 damage, unbuffed, you start to reconsider if meteor missles are even worth it.

The Hunter's Tool he's using.

What is bloodtinge? I mainly used my gun to draw out single enemies in some places but I noticed how well it goes when parrying + visceral attack.

Does the increase in damage from giving a weapon bolt/arcane/fire reflect in the weapons damage totals?

Somewhere in NG+ I tried messing with gems but the weapons I specced to be elemental never did as much damage as just using normal damage inceasing gems.

Also, I'm assuming when it says Ludwigs or something does 600dmg that means in two handed form with your strongest attack? Not average damage per hit.

Bloodtinge is the stat that makes your gun damage and blood attacks more powerful. It affects a couple weapons in the game, and it can be really nasty with a maxed out Evelyn, high BT and the pistol buff consumable. BUT. An unleveled pistol with base BT gives you as many parry frames as a maxed out gun with 99 BT, so it's not that vital of a stat unless you're going for one of the specific weapons that are built for it, like the Evelyn, Chikage, Bowblade, etc.

Also, use pebbles to pull enemies, desu. Your gun is loud, and enemies will hear it, but the pebble will silently pull single enemies.

>Also, use pebbles to pull enemies, desu

Woops, I wondered what the pebbles was for. Some enemies did look my way when I fired the gun but they stayed put, except for the enemy I hit. Guess some enemies would ambush me sooner or later, that would be a surprise if anything

Holy shit that webm. Been saved from viscerals by wonky hit boxes like that so many times.

Throwing knives are also good lures, and can do a lot of damage if your Skill is high enough.

I tried to find some more Bloodborne webms to share for your enjoyment but I'm having trouble finding new ones. If have some you want to share then go ahead, else we'll this thread die by itself.

Got some good information from this, thanks user.

Pretty overleveled

OP just level up Vitality during the first third of the game. Your endurance is fine at 13, honestly you can probably leave it there till the end of the game, or get 15 max

You're obviously going to have to use a Skill weapon since you've leveled it, if I remember correctly the axe scales with Skill, so just upgrade the axe as much as possible, and don't worry about levelling up skill for a while

>Not leveling endurance

Don't go past 20 endurance, 15 is already a lot. Health is more important than in any other soulsgame