They showed nothing. It's over

They showed nothing. It's over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
twitter.com/lifelower/status/776035665381249024
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reign of shitty souls games is over, everyone!

>Project Beast2 is still in progress

They showed DLC for DaS3 dude

Wait, when? Where?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw

They showed nothing on TGS...
For example, they announced Bloodborne on TGS

Calm down, we already know they're working on three new games on top of DaS 3 DLC.

Maybe I'll just quit games

Honestly the only series that interests me any more, everything else is just boring/shit

Iet's just wait for announcement of their new game. When is the next possible convention will be held where they can announce a new game? Next year?

I can't imagine how jaded a person has to be to think this, the souls series isn't even particularly good.

this isn't from tgs you retard

No, you're wrong. The era of endless Souls games by From Software is done, so now it's time for the endless stream of clones to come and try to fill in the void while saturating the market even more. NIOH is the first one of the proper Souls clones, but there will be more and far worse ones.

They showed nothing, but we know Armored Core is in the works.

>tfw making an indie souls clone
It was a mistranslation, they're not making an AC game right now and in the nearest future - twitter.com/lifelower/status/776035665381249024

PlayStation Experience is the next big one, which is usually a few weeks before Christmas.

Which is totally not PR backtrack because he revealed something he shouldn't have.

>fromsoftware
>not doing accidental leaks for hype

It's not going to happen. AC is a niche series and will not make money outside of Japan.

When they did confirm they were working on a reboot on one of their older IPs a few months ago, Miyazaki made a point of saying that it might get turned into its own thing later down the line depending on how development goes. They're probably just covering their butts in case nu-AC ends up being too different and appears as something entirely new.

They're rebooting King's Field for VR, face it. And it will be shit, because VR is shit. But I hope that they're working on a new soulslike game in a new setting.

>reboot KF
>after all this Souls shit

Pls, no more. It's time for a reboot in the vein of Sahdow Tower Abyss.

I sure hope that they won't bring that VR bullshit in their next souls games.
Their making VR for money, and it will be a game based on a shitty gimmick. A shitty game. So it's ok to waste one franchise so the other will live unharmed...
I liked King's Field on PS1 when I was a kid, but Souls games a far, far superior.

>I liked King's Field on PS1 when I was a kid, but Souls games a far, far superior.

They're pretty different games. King's Field 4 is still one of the best dungeon crawlers ever made, but you don't really play it for the combat. Souls games are more action oriented.

honestly all I want is a new AC game

I played King's Field for exploration, and I play Souls games for exploration too. A good combat and great boss battles (and an actual build variety) is just a big plus for me.

I rarely get the same satisfaction from exploration in Souls games that I got from KF, ST or ER. Demon's Souls was a bit more exploration oriented than the later Souls games were.

Dark Souls 3 really enhanced the overall level design, if will someday get a game with Dark Souls 1 levels structure and Dark Souls 3 levels size - it will be the best thing ever.

>FROM will stop making Souls games
>FROM will start on Chrome Hounds 2

My body and my dick are ready.

>Miyazaki made a point of saying that it might get turned into its own thing later down the line

So soulified AC?

All you fucking idiots need to shut up and let Souls die in peace, hopefully the DLCs will be the end of Dark Souls and they can go on to something else.

I haven't played DaS3 so I've yet to see what the level design there is. But DaS1, 2 and Bloodborne were fairly straightforward games. Only a few areas felt like real dungeon crawling to me, like Sen's Fortress (although super straightforward as well if you aren't exploring it for the loot) or the Sunken Kingdom from DaS2.

Good. They need to slow their dev cycle down. I'd rather wait 5 years for something as groundbreaking as DeS than have DaS4 shat out in 2 years and be disappointed again.

>he don't want another greatly crafter world with bizzare enemies, lot's of equipment, interesting battle mechanics, great bosses and unique multiplayer

I bet you like Ni"We have multiplayer full of the same character!"Oh

Dark Souls 3 is the most straightforward souls game, but the level design is just superb.

They announced Bloodborne at E3 and showed gameplay at Gamescom. TGS had nothing new for BB.

DS3 isnt much of a crawler. It's a fun action game but there's not much in the way of exploration or resource management. I haven't played DeS because no PS3 but the only bit in the Souls series that struck me as particularly a dungeon crawl is the descent from Burg to the bottom of Blighttown. And chalices in Bloodborne I guess but that's sort of lowest common denominator dungeons.

I don't want more Dark Souls 2 and 3 type games you fucking bandwagon piece of shit, Bloodborne style will be fine but Dark Souls needs to be let alone.

And of course you shit on Nioh even though all we've had is a beta that already had a wide variety of equipment even though there were only two fucking levels to farm. Why are you so quick to dismiss Nioh? Was the beta too hard for you or something? Or you just can't stand the thought of other developers making good Soulslike games with more in-depth and fast paced combat?

I'll go ahead and say I'm a bigger dark souls fan than you and I'm extremely excited for Nioh and already think the combat is better than Dark Souls albeit they are games based on different speeds of play so it isn't even a valid comparison honestly.

>Why are you so quick to dismiss Nioh?
1 - predetermined main character with actual voice acting and shit. People must know that soulslike games tells the story of the world, not of the main character. But Nioh devs are too afraid, because kids these days needs to rely to characters, they need to be cool, like Geralt Of Rivia, for example.
And they added multiplayer - even if the character is the same for all the players.

2 - Level based world. Yeah, you just chose another level on a world map. That's it. And an individual level design is not that great.

I'm shitting on Nioh as a soulslike game. As an action game it's pretty great and diablo-like loot system looks really interesting.

Not him, but I'm dismissing Nioh because of the level design, the random loot drops, the Ki management (I can Ki pulse just fine, I just don't find it to be a fun mechanic, boss fights feel more like I'm fighting against my Ki than the boss itself) and the char development looks a bit worryingly one dimensional to me (basically every character is going to be melee or melee with some support abilities, but pure ranged characters might not exist).

>predetermined main character with actual voice acting and shit.
Lords Of The Fallen made the same mistake, by the way.
In a souls game your player character is an empty vessel which helps you to explore the world, nothing more.

that's because EDF reserved the "good janky game" spot at TGS

So basically you're arguing that it isn't a Soulslike even though you brought it up as one in the first place? That's fine by me, we can call it Onimusha/Ninja Gaiden like if you want and it's just as good.

I don't want games that just blatantly copy everything about Souls personally with the exact same level design and storytelling because they most likely won't be as good as Dark Souls. However, a game like Nioh that obviously takes elements of it i.e. combat being heavily tied to weight, bonfire like checkpoints, summon multiplayer etc. while making its own identity in terms of combat or storytelling is very welcome to me. Also the story is based on real world characters that had actual personalities, not a nobody that you can make up your own backstory for.

It sounds more like you want a Soulsclone than a Soulslike, which is fine I guess but personally if I want to play Dark Souls I'm just gonna play Dark Souls.

I don't really see how the level design is so bad that you want to dismiss it. It isn't as good as Souls, but it certainly isn't bad. The ki management is one of my favorite things honestly, it's what really sets it apart from Dark Souls in my opinion. It makes you pick and choose your opportunities like Souls but allows for more due to you being able to recover it quicker with proper timing as well as encouraging varied combos by switching betweenness trances for extra ki recovery. I guess if you like ranged gameplay then I can understand that argument, but Souls has never had very good range combat either even DaS3 where you were supposed to be able to "play like Legolas" fell short on bows and they're nothing more than an accessory for aggroing enemies. As far as magic goes I never fuck with pure sorcery in Souls because it seems boring to me.

it's the time for armored core to shine again. finally they can stop with this souls bullshit

Nioh IS a soulslike. Like Lords Of The Fallen. I just have a huge boner for games with depersonalized main character and world exploration.
In Nioh you will always be William Adams.

It is true that I want game with mechanics and narrative like a souls game. Bloodborne was a great twist on a soulslike mechanic/narrative, and I hope FS will make something like that again.

>basically every character is going to be melee or melee with some support abilities, but pure ranged characters might not exist

so it'll be DaS3

Don't rush them, else it will suck. Know what I wish they did? A 2D Metroidvania, similar to what Salt & Sanctuary is, but with more "acquire an ability to progress", and no weight to hold you down.

>A From X Vanillaware title will never happen

Why live?

it's difficult to make a good soulslike game in 2d, unless it's a top down vied, like Legend Of Zelda. I get bored by S&S pretty fast, though I admire that they made a fully customizable player character and great equipment system.

2d necessarily isnt soulslike to begin with and you might as well, if making a 2d platformer/action/exploration game, base it on the good games that actually exist in that genre, such as the ones it is named after, such as Metroid and Castlevania

Fucking finally. The good question is when these threads are gonna stop.

Next time you think about making one of these, just play your stupid game. With that, you're making your shitty community a bigger favor than literally "shitposting" with these threads

I dunno what From would have to offer in a collab like that, other than more funding. Vanillaware can do just fine without them.

I feel the same way about games these past few years, I also find that I'm getting VERY impatient with games that don't immediately give me control and allow me to play the fucking game, which is why I will probably never touch another shooter again unless they make them like the original doom and build engine games where you press like 4 keys and you're already in the game in control. This is why I love the souls games, you watch a brief cutscene and they dump you in the game, also not to mention the lore shit is only stuff you need to optionally read and not give a shit about.

Imagine Curse Of Darkness made by fromsoft...

>want to talk with other frombros about souls games and FS games
>somehow it's bad and shitposting

You won't hear shit from them for a while, son.

ARMORED CORE VR
R
M
O
R
E
D

C
O
R
E

V
R

How many first person armored core games they made?

I've still got my fingers crossed for sci-fi souls man.

Considering the latest news, they're probably making another dark fantasy soulslike game. No blame!souls for us, sadly

You don't want to talk to other people, you want to spit out your monologue. Who starts a conversation about a game saying "it's over guys"? There's nothing else to say. I don't care enough about you to try to convince you otherwise, you just want to rant...

Want a conversation? Hop online and use a mic. You'll get more attention there than here

>look in the thread
>people discussing games
Grow a thicker skin or something, dunno

What their new "bizarre and unusual" game can be? What FS never did before?
By the way, what if their reboot is a TCG with action RPG mechanics, with paid boosters and multiplayer and shit?

I would be sad. Miyazaki did say he really enjoys Hearthstone though.

You guys didn't like DS3, so who the fuck cares.

Face it, if they will make another Lost Kingdoms game, it will be full with in-game purchases and shit like that. It's the time we live in.

I fucking love Dark Souls 3

You like every game.

I don't like Witcher games

>Dark Souls 3 is the most straightforward souls game, but the level design is just superb

The level design of individual zones, taken without context is decent - though the new focus on bosses over levels means shortcuts that are overall more about *avoiding* the levels once cleared, which talks volume about how good they actually are.

The level design of the zones taken collectively is competent with hints of brilliance, but overall not particularly enticing.

>...which talks volume about how good they actually are.
Not really, even the most beautifully designed level can become a fucking chore to traverse through when you are getting smashed time after time by a boss

No, they announced old hunters at tgs

And yet people had no problem with Dark Souls... or many older arcade games that were harder than Das3.

Though yeah,to be fair, with that system that heavily favors attack, what you have is boss fights that are a lot more hectic, way shorter, and can need a lot more retries before one can figure a strat, which *demands* for the diminished focus on individual levels challenge and space cohesion.

King's Field is objectively better than Dark Souls by a huge margin. There's less unfinished content and everything is well thought out and implemented correctly in all of the KF games. The same absolutely can't be said of any of the Dark Souls games.

Lmao get a load of this retard. King Field games are broken, unpolished pieces of shit. That may work on someone who hasn't played them, but it won't on me you contrarian fuck.

KF are fun games but lol at thinking they are well thought out

>unlock gold springs
>never die ever

You just diagnosed yourself with autism. Cancerous autism actually.