What is the best 2D Mario game?

What is the best 2D Mario game?

Other urls found in this thread:

smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=smwhacks&u=0&n=1&o=rating&d=desc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

World. Confirmed by she gay roo me emote o

Modded SMW, hands down.
All the modern ones suffer from shitty co-op level design.

Super Mario World, then Super Mario Bros. 3.

>Modded
Disregard this mouthbreathing retard.

>Disregard this mouthbreathing retard.
Sorry you don't like difficulty, maybe if there was a single difficulty super mario by default I would have a different answer, but it's obvious in hindsight that all mario games are made for children and are casual bullshit, including smw, despite being the best of the franchise by far.

NSMBU is easily my favorite in terms of mechanics/stage design, but I like them all. Also, World > 3

>le every game has to be hardcore like dark souls for le hardcore gamerz XD
Really working for those bragging rights, huh?
>"""modders""" know more than the developers of one of the best platforming games of all time
You're embarrassing yourself.

Super Mario 3D World.

Toad Strikes Back

whichs mods?
not interested in that Kaizo gosu restart 500 time bullshit either. Shit ruined Mario Maker.

>"""modders""" know more than the developers of one of the best platforming games of all time
26 years of thought and incorporating new mechanics and features will do that user, sorry nintendo's dick is lodged so far down your windpipe the lack of oxygen to your brain has made you a fucking moron and you can't see that.

>sorry nintendo's dick is lodged so far down your windpipe the lack of oxygen to your brain has made you a fucking moron and you can't see that.
Whoa.... you really roasted him....
Damn........
Capped it for /r/Cred Forums.....

the first new super mario bros. game was fucking great. bosses were original and it introduced some great mechanics and power ups.

kaizo is frustrating bullshit that I personally don't play because it's not fun dying to cheap shit.
There's lots of good mods in general but I haven't played smw modded in a few years.
The best I can suggest is hack 5-6 roms and pick one to play based on your skill grade.
I suggest this because one mod rated hard might be bullshit hard or fairly easy, and the only way you'll know for sure is to try it for yourself.
smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=smwhacks&u=0&n=1&o=rating&d=desc

>reddit shitposting
Reported

Imo
SMB3 > NSMB(DS)

>boss fights
Was mario ever about boss fights? They were still worse than the worst boss fights in any sonic.

the one starring wario

NSMBW for me, and I've been playing them since the first NES one.

My only complaints might be the graphical style isn't as nice as sprites, or hand drawn animation. Otherwise I love the controls and physics in the game. I love the worlds and levels, along with the powerups [though the propeller is a bit OP]. Also the co-op legitimately makes it feel like you are playing a different game, both with just 2 players, or all 4, you could have very different experiences trying them all. It's also fun to 100 percent.

Why not the other New games? Well the DS is too short, and doesn't look all that great. The 3DS doesn't do anything new, outside of the coin gimmick [which I like]. And the U version suffers the same problem, it doesn't really feel like a real step up from the Wii, and instead being more of a HD version of it. Luigi is good, I enjoy the difficulty.

My second favorite 2D is SMB3, followed by SMW.

Yoshi's island
fuck you, it counts!

SMW has the greatest selection of romhacks in video game history. Google is your friend.

world

World/3 are clearly above the rest.

New Super Mario Bros Wii

then SMB3

3 if you like experimental design.
World if you like a refined game.

I'm going with this too