Resident Evil 4

Let's have a RE4 thread

By the way the guys from the HD mod project went out their way and fixed other issues with the game instead of only texturesm lightning and pop-ins to be specific.

youtube.com/watch?v=qWVzgiXonrA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Wgqf2qkLxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did they strip and embarrass Ashley?

pop ins? i've never seen a pop in playing this game. is the PC version really that bad?

Your eyes are really that bad

no, i've played through this game at least 60 times. never seen a pop in.

of course. PC versions of games are always the worst. Just look at the new Bioshock remasters.

There's a fucking lot of pop-ins user.

also the saturated whites are fucking awful, I hope they do more stuff like this, because they were focusing only on textures but the game has a lot of other stuff that could be improved.

woops, meant to reply to Guess I've got brain problems!

there are literally no pop ins in the gamecube and xbox versions.

Except that there are you retard.

The trees and the lightning are a clear example.

>CAPCOM DMCAs the project a few months before it's done

Do you think they would? or

>CAPCOM buys the project and sells it as the new super remaster for PS5

i was just playing this game yesterday, there are no pop ins.

so I don't get what they're going for, exactly. The made some of the textures better, but then in the clips where they're showing how they fixed pop-in (which was barely noticeable to begin with), the textures all look worse than the current HD version. So is it going to be fix pop-in and have bad textures or have good textures and still have pop-in?

Was it rape?

>(which was barely noticeable to begin with)
I wouldn't call the light magically appearing/disappearing as soon as Leon gets 5 feet from it barely noticeable, at all.

>The textures all look worse
Is this bait?

>So is it going to be fix pop-in and have bad textures or have good textures and still have pop-in?
What are you on about?

I don't understand your post, since the beginning they were doing textures and now they are doing both textures and fixing lightning/pop-up issues.

And the current HD version looks like dog shit because they just x4 the original resolution of the textures.

sorry, should have said "some textures". Look at the tree in the "original" and look at it in the "HD project". The tree looks better in the original. The leaves on the ground look better in the HD project. This is from the fixed pop-in section of the video.

Did they fix the 30 FPS reload animation of the sniper rifle?

No

aw I don't want that to change. It looks so chunky and out of place, but it's kind of endearing.

user have you actually seen the mod? That section has been long done and it looks a million times better

no, I haven't seen it myself. I was just going by what was shown in this thread. If it looks better then that's awesome, but going by what was shown in the video OP linked I was confused about which issue they were actually going to focus on.

you can always google hd project and see what they've done.

I only ever noticed pop-in with the trees at the start of the village.

I literally never noticed any pop-in until I looked at that video. You have to either be autistic or actually be looking specifically for pop-in to notice it in that game.

>I'm just at 6 rooms of the end. But Cris' revision comes after that. He's at 7 rooms of the end of the castle section of the game. But then I'll take care of extra 3D edits for the village section (we found out how to edit the 3D models when we already remastered all village section). After this, I'll take care of Separate Ways, Mercenaries, Assignment Ada... most of this work will be just a copy paste... and finally I'll get rid of the technical issues room by room (it's not that hard / timeconsuming when you know what to do)... Humm... "X" months

We still have a good year for it to be done huh..

>One neckbeard autist can do all this on his own time with 0 funding

What the fuck is Capcom's excuse? Or any of these other devs that make half-assed "HD" ports?

Capcom's excuse is that for some reason people keep buying the same game over and over and over and over and over and over.

CAPCOM knows that people will buy it without them doing anything.

Proof is the recent ps4 version

>for some reason
probably because it's the last good Resident Evil game they made

anybody got any tips for Mercenaries?

i wanna try out that handcannon

Just watch Jewtube videos of people getting high scores, and copy what they do. That's how I ended up unlocking Handcannon.

Ah, alrighty then. I know for HUNK that Neck breaker is king. Thanks user

REmake 2 will be the last good Resident Evil.

Of course if they make it like REmake 1, but with current capcom you just never know.

He has been working on it since years. Official remasters only takes few months.

What's so special about those cables? I always hear they're rare and expensive.

is the game as dated looking as it seems in youtube.com/watch?v=8Wgqf2qkLxk or is the reviewer just using low settings?

Because they're rare and expensive.

you fucking ruined it by trying to take off that sticker.

They're rare and expensive

>only for gamecube
heh

I don't give a shit, also i removed what was left with hot water.

>not the superior HDMI mod

oh shit

>play it recently for first time in a while
>its crazy hard after a while
>find out the game actually has adaptable difficulty.

Cool.

and fixing that is somehow bad?

>He has been working on it since years
2014 actually, 2 years.

>Official remasters only takes few months.
With an entire team, this is literally 2 guys changing everything in the game without having access to the stuff the people at CAPCOM do