What does this card do?

What does this card do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_S8NjPEXk
youtu.be/55rM2_XvcT4
yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7791
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lowers the amount of cards in your deck by two.

I love this meme
* Negates u with MST

shit posts

Defend this

Sounds like it'd be good in a banish-burn deck. Well, potentially good. No one runs that anymore though.

Pot of Greed is good, but this baby right here saved my ass so many times with its simplicity.

>anymore
>OCG is throwing it into everything, even went as far as running 41+ decks
>$70 in TCG
>literally being thrown into every deck

>I don't understand the need for establishing a big board on turn 1

There are things such as discard decks.
Witch cards that get more powerful or more useful when more shit is either in the graveyard or in the banished pile.
there are also cards that can unbanish shit.

Allows you to create two off topic threads.

Who /samurai/ here??

Sucks out 2 c(um)cards out of your D(eck).

>only two cards
Get on my level, scrub.

Is this fucking text necessary? Its just 'Draw 2 cards. You may play them this turn.'

>List Of Top 10 Pepe Frogs That Didnt Age Well - Click Here To See Shocking Pictures #DankMemes

youtu.be/55rM2_XvcT4

that's pretty cool

user, I don't have time for your bullshit attitude today.

Never underestimate the stupidity of idiots.

>banish 10 face-down first
>once per turn
well, I guess that's one way to balance pot of greed

I place my trap card Royal Command in face up attack position
Your move

>paying mana to draw cards
PoG is literally free.

>GREED IS GOOD
Do you think he's the villain?

If Pot of Greed is the best card in the game, why not just make a deck that's 40 Pots of Greed so you can't lose?

>Stratos is still banned

In a deck like metalfoes or even blue eyes, you run so many 3of cards that banishing a whole set of a card is incredibly low (something like 2-3% or some shit) and thus banishing the top 10 is negligible when you get the free advantage and are allowed to make an unbreakable board or push for game right then and there.

>dank destroyer is at 1

Necroface turbo.

I considered running this in my super quants but its actually utter shit.

Isn't having shit banished better than having it in your deck anyways?

Pot of greed is literally the most op card in yugioh, its basically
>run 39 cards instead of 40 and draw again.
Or when unlimited run 37 and draw 3 extra times. Theres a reason that even the weak version (upstart goblin: draw 1 card your opponent gains 1000 lp) is limited

Not in this case, because face-down banished cards are completely unusable. You can only look at them now an nothing else with them. Useful for giving Gren Maju a massive boost though.

Is magic actually worth getting into over yugioh?

Oh ok that's new from when I quit. I remember having a deck that revolved around banishing fucking everything cuz then I could just play it whenever.

How long until they print a card that lets you use face down banished cards? How OP will the deck based around it be?

you have a shitton more people to play with, and its arguably more balanced.

seems to be a pretty quick release schedule though so Im not gonna get into it.

I still enjoy netrunner though.

depends on if you like building decks. That\s where magic is superior. yugioh, you HAVE to build around an archetype. Magic is much more robust. And it's cheaper overall desu.

Over yugioh, yeah. However it's still fucking expensive and there's plenty of bullshit in it as well, it's just not quite at the level of advanced fucking bullshit as yugioh.

Either way you're giving up all your money to play the game though.

Wait your allowed to look at face down banished cards? Can i get a ruling on that

It's more popular than yugioh, but also more expensive. Magic also has more complex rules/situations. But some people find the sacrificing aspect of yugioh distasteful.

I prefer yugioh.

It translate my shit up

Yeah I quite yugioh when every single card I was getting from boosters required one other specific card or only worked with a certain archetype. I loved deckbuilding and for a while Yugioh was better. Elemental heroes was probably the beginning of the end, with crystal beasts being the point of no return.

yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7791

Is release schedule just because of op cards or do they pull pokemon tcg shit and ban old sets?

How the fuck can you even read those tiny ass card texts, you need something more concise like this.

There are 2 formats. One bans old sets the other lets you play with whatever. If you wanna play legacy prepare your wallet though, because getting all the most op cards from the history of the game is fucking expensive.

>read card once
>you know what it does forever

Vanguard went bonkers way too fast, making basically every slightly old deck useless and the insane archetype lock in sucks

Maybe it's because vanguard wasn't something I could get into, but that seems like way too many effects for one card and they're situational.

Yeah it kinda sucks, they used to be pretty balanced all around but now it's clearly focused on a few, it's especially hard on clans that have subtypes (Messiah is getting shit ton of support but Star-Vader is forced into being a one trick pony with only Chaos Universe)

I'm sure there's way more effects on another card but I'm too lazy to go find one.

As for situational, it's sadly not, since Messiahs focus on locking and unlocking their own cards

Why are Yugioh-fags so allergic to card draw?

>one click for 2 cards
worse than pot of greed.

If you draw more cards in Yugioh you can game someone incredibly fast

at least post something comparable

>40 Cards vs 60 Cards
Figure it out

yugioh doesn't have mana to slow things down

Blue is just full of card draw though, there's plenty to work with.

This. It's completely worth it if you actually want to win. Most TCG players just play to lose and get their shit kicked in by people who take risks to win one turn faster

because yugioh doesn't have resource management? What are you stupid or something.

nothing to balance it out

As someone that plays D/D/D, you don't even really need to worry about what you banished too hard since you can probably kill them before you deck yourself out.

>costs 6

shit in comparison

here, take sleeper broken. the only card comparable to pot of greed is ancestral recall though and that is banned for a reason

Your deck and hand are resources, aren't they?

maybe in 2006, not anymore

>why does a game without a resource system does not have a generic draw cards that can be activated at anytime because of the lack of resource system
Because you're bad at yugioh. I bet you're bad at magic too if you're asking that kind of insane questions.

Yugioh is allowed unlimited cards played as long as you can play them. Magic has mana stopping a solitaire turn from happening.

>stack it with spell absorbtion + fire princess

bam +1000 lp, -1500 lp

>stopping a solitaire turn
You never played legacy, have you?

In yugioh you can make a deck that as long as you draw 1 card and 1 of 9 other cards you can cycle 13 cards in your deck on to the field, and potentially have drawn through every card in you deck at one point. On turn one

>You may only play one Supporter per turn
That's actually p. important.

But can't you only do one normal summon a turn?

>drawing cards

>not posting the Lilliana X Chandra one

Synchro fusionist and or stupid dragon draw exodia

How about you get on Team Plasma's level

Some decks don't even need a normal.summok to function

In most circumstances, yes. But many decks have ways to normal summon twice and more importantly most decks just special summon their entire decks onto the field.

Just look at something like Gigavise for how solitaire plays out.

sup

you can draw your entire deck in 1 turn in pokemon

having "only" 1 draw 7 supporter a turn doesn't stop shit

Pot of Greed is such a good card that the people in the YuGiOh world just assume it's like, ultra-rare, and feel the need to make sure their opponent knows what it does.

>running out of cards is a lose condition

great plan moron

>Not knowing that they're obviously going for Nissandra and that Lili is more like a Manipulative older sister to Chandra.

But, on topic, YGO is just too simple and too broken.
>Far too many combo decks which are better due to the small deck size
>Not enough diversity because not as many formats
>No limited
>Hand attack and countermagic are done sloppily through quick play spells and trap cards

No resource management is the big one though

No, they do it because they need to explain it to viewers who never saw a pot of greed before

>mfw playing speedtina, drawing through almost my entire deck turn one, ending turn with a full bench of 8 cards and a turn 1 go second chaos wheel

Tina turns are boring as fuck to sit through, but fun as fuck to do.

i don't know what you're implying but if you can't win when you draw your deck you should probably play a better deck

There's nothing villainous about that. In fact, greed IS good, it's the foundation of our economies.

best card game coming through

>>Oh ok that's new from when I quit.
Lightforce Sword is from 2002 and was the first card ever to banish shit face-down.
It was even used by Yugi in the anime.

It's not entirely a new concept, it's just becoming more mainstream, like banishing removal for backrow.

>tfw I can finally update and play again with my dark magician deck.
YES

Part of the fun of playing Yu-Gi-Oh back in elementary school was just collecting the cards because of how cool they looked. They had some great artists.

pot of greed is blatantly broken.

Even if it was draw a single card it would still be strong.

talk me through it, from memory:

youre only playing one energy a turn max
youre forced to draw a card each turn

even with an EX youre in trouble

what if it was banish 1 card, draw 1 card.

>Elemental heroes deck
>Drawing polymerization around 1000lp left
Every game. I just wanted to be like Jaden.

Banish one card from your hand?

Still pretty strong, considering it would be more useful than just drawing one card for banish based decks.

Doesnt pokemon take 6 turns basically to win?

Underrated game. Even when it came back as Kaijudo it was still more fun than Yugioh. I pushed so hard at my LGS for people to play this but its too weeb for the MTG fans and not enough weeb for the FoW fans. Game was doomed from the start unfortunately. Although if you still wanna play it you can get a booster box for like $20 on ebay, so theres that lol

>Raigeki is limited to 1 now
>Premature Burial forbidden

im not saying you need to draw all the way to 0 cards in deck

you draw until you have your full combo and then hopefully win

you CAN draw your entire deck if you dont find everything right away

Puts you one step closer to Exodia baby.

You are like a little baby.
Watch this.

Premature Burial allows a shit ton of looping combos letting you revive anything from your grave as long as you can still pay the cost.

In literally every way but cost if you want to play in tournaments, yes. In regards to I would say "Magic also has more complex rules/situations" is kind of misleading because the game's ruleset is a lot more straightforward and clean but also allows a lot more interesting stuff.

Yugioh is a big mess of weird interactions and special cases that doesn't create that much variety, Magic is a simple set of rules that you can cleanly resolve yourself 99% of the time but allows for all sorts of crazy shit.

>censorship

>Thousand Eyes Restrict is unbanned
>won't ever be good enough to compete with pendulum/synchro/xyz garbage

Because no mana costs.
Drawing power = free casts.

Premature Burial is crazy broken because of the loophole of if you return it to hand from the field, the resurrected monster doesn't die. Enables crazy shit.

Assuming they use ex right?

>THIS BULLSHIT

You haven't lived until you've played an Eldrazi EDH deck that can either win cleanly by attaching an Eldrazi Conscription to an Eldrazi Titan of your choice to completely annihalate everyone's boards or can win in a really convoluted manner by spewing out Timesifters under a Prototype Portal and manipulating the top cards of your deck with Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack in order to completely mess with the turn order and make everyone hate you like the scum you are.

You clearly don't understand how magic works that card is broken as fuck

>100
>shitty pink card
You'd need there to be 27 cards in your opponent graveyard and 3 of that unsearchable trap for an OTK.

If your opponent has 27 cards in the grave and you don't, he's won.

I feel like Vanguard had been good at bringing old decks back to usable status since the G era. They keep on giving strides and support to old themes to bring them back ie Chaos Breaker, Nightmare Dolls, Seven Seas, Blue Wave, etc. And it looks like they're bringing back Dragonic Descendent and Raging Form Dragon back in the next set.

So add in the clause:

"If this card is removed from the field (including sent to your hand), destroy the equipped monster."

I never even played Yugi I just used to collect the cards. I loved these guys just for their card art

Use Premature on a monster that can't be destroyed by card effects makes it a free monster reborn.

everyone does

So pay 800 for a slightly restricted monster reborn? Still broken

Huh your right, I even used that card some to protect against all the discard shenanigans a friend of mine liked to use. I guess I just never considered thinking about that as a mechanic because it was so rare and wasn't really used for removal.

Atleast he can still be used as a subpar brain control because of instant fusion and its ability to absorb monsters.
Hey, its something!

>premature burial
You mean the card whose only purpose for existing was to cheese with? No shit it's banned. The question is why Konami ever thought printing it was a good idea.

Except the guy in the movie who said that was later arrested for fraud and Ponzi schemes.

The problem with magic is the community is garbage. Unless you're spending literally hundreds of dollars every month on cards, you will just get curbstomped by a bunch of autists who have nothing better in their lives than friday night magic. And it's not like a friendly curbstomping, I've been told "don't come back and waste our time" when doing that thing where you all just duel with a bunch of new booster packs. Like wtf it's my first time playing in this style, I don't know all the fucking good cards because I didn't read "spoilers" of the upcoming cards, how the fuck am I supposed to get good? Not to mention almost all the stereotypes are fucking true. The game places smell bad, everyone's grouchy, and they're really particular about arbitrary rules. (Don't tap too fast, don't talk to the owner's gf, don't talk to certain "high level players")

In short fuck magic.

>feather duster is still banned

I'd love if they unbanned it alongside releasing a nice Harpy structure deck.

t. salty scrub

You just have a bad crowd. Look around the area and see if there's a different store hosting because that'll probably have the chill people who don't want to hang with the autists.

You're only proving his point, you moron.

>playing any card game ever in any way other than dicking around with friends with whatever cards you have and setting your own banlists
there's your problem

I don't play Yugi, but I have a bit of a weird request, for someone that doesn't play the game that is
What is in your opinion the card with the absolutely best art? Doesn't matter if it's something like Pot of Greed, or some cool looking monster, just your favourite

>replying to obvious b8

Why

>banning cards in a friendly format

cancer desu

Does or doesnt play?

I like the old style cards; harpie girl is probs my fav (uncensored version)

What a cool mom. Bet she's a good cook too

A Harpie structure would be pretty bad, honestly.
Too many Harpies to on-off in the card list, a common pet dragon, and likely none of the good staples needed to run it.
Best case scenario we get a new Harpie rank 7, and given how badass Phantasmal was it could be cool.

Why? It's just tryhard proofing.
If you have everyone just screwing around with the cards they've opened and then you have that one friend running a tournament deck, you gotta set some limits.

The only thing we ban in my group is Sorin in EDH because that's just not fun for anyone. Tree of Perdition is a much less obnoxious implementation of essentially the same thing and I'm hoping the official EDH banlist adopts Sorin now that that's a thing.

Doesn't play
I guess it would have less sense to ask if I did play the game though

2016 best deck at the tournament baby.

Why do I have a feeling you play shit cards in your EDH group, since you have only group banned Sorin.

That's on top of the actual banlist, but we have a lot of opposite exceptions.

I've been watching a lot of Pokemon TCG lately. Kinda want to go back in. Dammit. I have an addiction to boosters.

>Raging Form Dragon
>giving edgy paladins more support
Has there been a single point in this game's history since their introduction that shadow paladins have not been tier 1?