ITT: GOAT Protagonists

ITT: GOAT Protagonists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gC8ya-KqB7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zjWcWr4Hwj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was a boring, edgy, typical gravelly voiced archtype of a hero with shitty dialogue, and a tendency to talk to himself about shit he already knows in order to spoon feed the player lore and objectives.

He's objectively a shit character user.

This nigga right here could make Silent Hill comfy

>goat protagonists
>post mary sue for 14 year olds who wear fedoras

ITT: Mary Sues

His voice actor is absolute ass

Generic JRPG character

He's covered Wars ya know?

He's one of the main reasons the Witcher sucks.

>edgy

only if you choose for him to be edgy you fuck

He's a fucking Mary Sue cuck built for 12 year olds.

The Best to this day.

Still my favorite

Isn't the reason why Geralt talks to himself a lot is because he has an extremely lonely dude most of the time and spends most of his time outside civilisation?

Also the game kinda makes fun of the whole "edgy" attitude.
youtu.be/gC8ya-KqB7Q

heh

First post, best post

Joke's on you, the reason I don't play Witcher is the predefined protag.

They are completely and utterly unlikable cunts but they are the "real" type of unlikable cunt. They aren't just some bland edgelord crap, they genuinely think they aren't that bad and are not responsible for all the death and mayhem they cause. They are thoroughly deluded.

fpbp

Probably the best video game and book character ever. I can't think of anyone better. He seems like such a real person as in personality wise.

I could have sworn that there was one dialogue with some other character where Geralt gets called out for explaining things to himself and Geralt responds something along the lines that it helps him concentrate and keep all the facts in line. But I can't for the life of me remember which scene it was.

This nigga here.

>inb4 Jewnafune fag

>book character

He's not even the best fantasy book character.

Name a better one then.

I love his rich and developed behavior.

His voice actor needs an award too.

shitty fucking puns of shitty fucking reddit games is best post?

jesus christ.

Nigga wut?

Finger it out, m8

Fantasy wise? Jaime Lannister, Theon Greyjoy, Logan ninefingers, Sand Dan Glotka. There you go.

Doesn't get any better.

Cant belive they put a fucking black man instead of this. What are games coming to?

>not Davos Seathworth

You are gay.

Anything else is wrong.

Who's that?

Jaime lannister in books is bro tier in series is cuck tier and theon is okay all around.

Two of the greatest

I really hope Jaime turns out to be the Valonqar and kills Cersei next season, that's the only way I can see show Jaime's character being redeemed
At least they put in the scene where he threatens to catapult Edmure's baby

>completed Witcher 2 recently
>one of the best storys and games i think i'v played in years
>genuinely gave me feels
>made me take minuites thinking about the choices i was making and care about the consequences
>holy shit withcher 3s meant to be even better
>graphics card is just out of range to play it

damn im itching to play this but dont have a couple hundred free atm

What card do you have then?

Greedy, Cynical and 100% Professional.

The best.

>fem shep

Lol another nigger is too lazy to read the books to understand where is Geralt coming from. Btw they received a shit ton of awards.

To be honest, its not possible to fully appreciate the witcher if youre not comming from Polish background or If you don't have nothing to do with Polish culture. Obviously, (in the english version) they needed to wash him out/blend him with batman so that geralt would be easier to comprehend for the average imbecile american gamer.

They'll ruin him in DR4 I bet.

>starts off seeming like a typical lawful good protagonist
>tricks several people into risking their lives just because he wants to spend time with the girl he likes
>rigs the vote so he can go wherever he wants

What the hell do you even mean by this user?

Wouldn't call Geralt shit, but he sure as hell isn't a great protagonist. Always thought he was a poor man's Solid Snake.

You shouldn't have to read a book or anything outside the game series to make sense of a character. If the game is relying on an obscure series to explain its cast, don't be surprised when it gets called out.

This

You might be able to play the game with that.

My boy Ramza

>Theon Greyjoy
kek, please kys

Im not saying that you have to read them, as there are million of casual gamers having fun without knowing anything about the lore.
However, there are thousands of hardcore witcher fans having 10 times more fun by enjoying every little reference to the Polish culture and the book series.

Did not a thing wrong

Oh fuck off Polak

I'm not reading your obscure shitty 80s fantasy novels just to play an AAA game, you should be grateful that people even know of one piece of media from Poland

Just try to show me a more /fa/ vidya protagonist than Aleph. You can't.

That's what he tells Roach during a blood and wine sidequest where Roach is able to talk with Geralt iirc

>Fantasy wise?
>no Sam Gamgee, Aragorn, or Theoden

Yea it would fit poetically since he is the king slayer and he slays the Queen. That would just be a perfect end ontop of daenrys admitting she's an awful Mary sue who would be a horrible choice for a leader and would fail to produce an heir inb4 she turns westeros into a democracy.

What does his voice sound like?

Roach is a girl isn't she?

God I loved that asshole. It might be rose tinted glasses but that game was fun.

He was such a cocky asshole. Loved that he never truly gave a fuck about the factions he joined and just enjoyed the ride and abused the shit out of his position.

>I want to get aboard the ship.
>No one may enter the ship! I have my orders! I shall kill anyone who enters the ship without authorization. In the name of Innos, I shall defend the ship with my life.
>You question the wish of a Fire Magician?
>(nervous) No, of course not. May Innos forgive me. The Magicians of Fire are the guardians of the wisdom of Innos ... whoever doubts them, doubts Innos and forfeits any right to mercy.
>What happens if I go aboard?
>(nervous) I shall kill ... I mean, stop you.
>You would attack a Fire Magician?
>(nervous) I would never lay a hand on a magician.
>So what would you do if I went aboard?
>(sheepishly) Nothing, Sir.
>I will go aboard now.
>(nervous) You mustn't do that, Lord Hagen's orders were quite clear.
>Do Lord Hagen's orders include me, too?
>(nervous) I don't know.
>Just think - would Lord Hagen dare to suspect a magician of theft?
>I don't believe that.
>For the last time: Let me board the ship!
>(nervous) Understood. You may go on board.

And then he fucking steals the ship.

Raskolnikov is Cred Forums incarnate

Yo that dude has a cool design. user, please educate me on his awesomeness.

>femshep

Why so gay, user?

Sounds like he's right up your alley then

>Femalre character with all the exact same animations of the male version
stop lying to yourself and come out of that closet

Agreed
>tfw no No More Heroes 3

Never gave enough of a fuck to notice.

Where's my sandor you spineless cuckbold

STOP WITH YOUR SWEETFX SHIT, YOU WONT GET BACK THE PRE DOWNGRADE GAME

That's Stocke. He's from Radiant Historia. Top-notch game.
He's one of those precious few actually adult, level-headed, genuinely smart, still occasionally funny and likable JRPG protagonists.

The books are fucking awful. They are borderline unreadable.

this game is waaay overhyped on here. it's not even that good. it's so "underrated" that its kinda overrated iwbh.

Do you fags only read Asoiaf and lord of the rings? Fuck.

Radiant Historia is fucking great

Fun game mechanics, and I cried like a bitch at the ending.

>oldsef
>the protagonist

>ask for examples of better characters
>get answer
>N-NOT DOSE ANSWERS

This, Abe is great.
>Tfw he gets those sick tribal tattos on Exodus.

i stopped playing this game last week after I beat the bloody baron quest where he survived with his wife

should I keep playing?

Yossarian, Ignatius, Scrooge, Sam Hamilton ( East of Eden), Natasha Rostov (and Prince Andrei for that matter). read some real books, m8.

hell yes.

Sigma was better

No, you've done the best quest already.

Like Wojciech Mann
Wasn't it the quest where an old lady asks you to get her pan from her house?

You cannot deny that with his white hair, lizard eyes, mutagened body and so on Geralt comes off as a giant snowflake, as a character, something similar to your standard anime.

There are things about Geralt I like, but as a hero he is hardly well-written. In the game, he constantly acts like an imbecile and the game does not give you a chance to prevent that.

He sounds cool as fuck. I shall check that game out. Thanks, user. What system is it on?

It's on the DS.
Like the other user said, its battle mechanics are really fun. You push enemies around on a grid and then land attacks on multiple enemies on one square for combos and whatnot.

It's in the Roach quest

youtube.com/watch?v=zjWcWr4Hwj4

8:40

>Mary Sue
>gets beaten by vampire who is confirmed to much stronger than him

?

I actually think Geralt is actually just a dudebro. And a manwhore.

We don't see it, but his entire life is going to his job, getting spat at, and sleeping on the side of the road. His definition of pleasure is a bed and a beer to drink. And he's satisfied with that just like the some people who break rocks with other rocks or catch fish for a living; some people who do that are actually quite smart but most of them you really couldn't talk to.

They make it a point to show Geralt is a man of the world. He has a ridiculous knowledge of food, wine, history, smithing, herbalism, he just doesn't ultimately care about it to sit down with people and enjoy it - it's just another tool in his trade, what he uses to gain trust in others and get the job done. Think about all the shit he has done and been involved with, it just doesn't weigh on his mind at all - it's like a person who has traveled the world and has just no interest in it other than being able to say he's been there (i.e. every Chinese senior you meet). He fucking slays monsters and brushes it off like nothing because he actually doesn't give a shit. And we think Yen treats him like a simpleton but it's true he has really no greater aspirations where everyone else we meet is just balls out doing something. Geralt only does two things in the games, get his memory back and rescue Ciri. Otherwise, he's just be killing monsters and not involved.

It doesn't exempt him from loving Ciri and feeling romantic love for any of the broken women he's with (and they're all broken). What he feels about those people and his friends is what makes him heroic.

You could say it's shit writing that Geralt does not reflect or cry about his past experiences. But I feel the lesson is that the one thing about Geralt that we know for certain and cannot control is that he really tries to be neutral, although Lambert does accuse him of poking the hive.

I like that he comes off as an exceptionally simple guy.

So overrated that any thread about it is telling it's shit and overrated.

Tis muh nigga
I dont think i have seen a character develop better than this one

The charismatic ace cop Detective Manny Pardo. Only jacket jackoffs will disagree

>Chosen Undead
>Batman
>The Hero of Ferelden
>Arthas
>Gabriel Angelos
>Eliphas

What do you mean by edgy?

It's explained in game that he talks to himself becuse it helps him concentrate during investigations.
>objectively
You are funny guy.

This. His relationship with Yenn reflects that too, they're both people in their 80s-100s, who've seen fucking everything, they're both long past the lovey dovey shit, and they're both cynical as hell.

>FINE
It became fucking annoying.
God damn.

Geralt is great because he actually has a great personality. He has a self serious side but it's best when his sense of humor and kindness comes through. He's wonderfully well written, acted, and animated. Anyone who disagrees is a contrarian

Raidou is the most /fa/ SMT protagonist

>hairworks
hang yourself

>Implying vidya gaem awards mean dick

What is the last book that you read? I just finished reading Kafka and Mann's bibliography and I still appreciate Sapkowski... sorry I forgot that I'm talking to an American.

Not my picture

that's metroid

You know the game is excellent and you are shitposting because that etiquette when Cred Forums actually likes a good game for once

ironic considering the books came out years before any MGS shit, so that makes solid snake a poor mans geralt and youre just a 13 year old weeb.

His english voice actor was so fucking horrid I straight turned off the dialogue

the books won awards

whats wrong with hairworks? nothing because you're just a beta cuck too cheap to get a computer that can handle it

Has JC already been posted?

While I disagree, why didn't you just play in German or Polish then?

Haseo's pretty good too.
Tokio sucks though.

10/10 pick

The person you replied to here.

You just described the aspects I like about Geralt well. In the game, those things are portrayed as well - behind his deceiving appearance, he really is a simple guy surrounded by sorceresses and the like. I agree.

In the game, however, it is quite apparent there are many writers who all interpret him in their own ways. Due to this, he is like a different person depending on the quest he is on. The very core character concept behind Geralt is classic and simple, but I don't think that's enough to call him the greatest.

It's been like one and a half decade since I played that series, but wasn't Kite a silent protagonist?

>obscure
Martsharters are so fucking ignorant it's insane.

Truly the best.

Roach sounds like a surfer dude.
Yes

No, he talks quite a bit.

Sand Dan Glokta is fucking amazing

I was going to say Adam Jensen, but then I remembered how much of a cuck he was in Mankind Divided

Weird, I remember every other character's voice, but not his. Oh well. .hack// was god tier, even if the gameplay got very repetitive after the first game.

they changed the voice actor

>he's already dead desu

>almost completed the main storyline
>sudden fucking urge to replay the whole series from the first game
Why does this keep happening to me

I feel that one of the flaws of the quest system is that our choices are often binary with binary outcomes and that in itself is kinda lame. A person could argue that the most consistently thing that the "real" Geralt would do is actually outright say, "No, fuck you, I'm not doing this quest", which would apply to all the non-contract jobs he takes.

I understand what you're saying about how some of the quest situations don't feel right. Personally, I separate "Real" Geralt from the Geralt I play. I know that Real-Geralt would not walk people home or help people with their stupid personal disputes or crap like that. And I'll admit that doing those stupid quests and get those uncharacteristic moments out of Geralt is not like him at all and is more to satisfy a video game endorphin fix.

When I think of Geralt as a wonderful character, I don't think of him as the Geralt who takes time off to play at a Gwent tournament, I think of Real-Geralt. Real-Geralt gets legitimately annoyed when he has to do garbage like act in a play to find Dudu. I believe that Real-Geralt just finishes the game in 30 days, does absolutely zero secondary quests or contracts, plus 30 another days to hang out with Ciri and mobilize the Nilfgaardian fleet for the end of the game.

Unless you have a problem with the way they write the main quests. I'm assuming you don't have a problem with the main quests.

>tfw played Dragon Age: Origins over 13 times
>Still have an urge to play it
>one
>more
>time

Geralt is literally a gay version of Sephiroth.

I haven't played Mankind Divided yet, how is he a cuck?