Just pirated this, what am I in for ?

Just pirated this, what am I in for ?

Piracy, you scumbag.

The best game of 2016 in terms of pure fun.

Anyone who says otherwise is a lying sack of shit.

This guy gets it right!
Amazing game, fast and fun

better lore than dark souls

a new computer
>tfw getting below 50fps on medium with my 670

play it on hard or it'll be too easy.

Hard doesn't get hard until the absolute final level.

Shallowest, most overrated game of 2016. Refunded after 15 minutes. The substance offered by the game is worth maybe $20. Not $60. For having pirated it, you'll be fine, OP. Good decision.

Funny thing is, the multiplayer was an absolutely fucking god awful shitshow, but everyone just gives the game a pass anyways because of their nostalgia glasses for the quake-like run n' gun single player.

t. Someone who played all the id Soft. games around release and thought Doom 3 was the step in the right direction, not this "too cool for a plot" shit.

>inb4 someone accuses me of being contrarian for shits and giggles

>tfw getting 150+ FPS maxed
feels good

but it does have a plot, a great one at that
reading up on the lore is what made me want to play it

you have to stop moving every 5 seconds to do a melee QTE
worst doom ever.

but you dont?

>you have to
You don't actually

a thoroughly mediocre shooter that people think is good because they've never played an actually good shooter in their entire lives
if you've never played a good shooter before you'll think this game is a blast OP

-Linear corridor
-lock-down combat room
-linear corridor
-lock-down combat room
-...etc.

Also next to no ammo capacity, cinematics, and RPG-like upgrade trees to compensate all that. Shitty MP, super limited map editor. No mods.

Name 5 good shooters

T. shitters who didn't beat the game on nightmare

ive played a shitton of doom .wads and this is my goty

Sidelined into data logs. Every cutscene is trying to push the gag that Doomguy is too cool for school and literally punches all the plot away. It's like the game's made for all those shitkid classmates I had in High School who'd talk about Call of Duty every day and share montage videos before they were a meme.

FPBP

eh, i think doomguy having all these sublte hints at his personality was pretty well done
dunno why you're bringing up your hs experience though lol

Keep moving the goal posts

This

>pirated

Faggot

TESTOSTERONE

enjoy your malware

Roughly 8-10 hours of strikingly similar engagements.

>t. Someone who thought Doom 3 was the step in the right direction
Opinion discarded.

Best single player shooter of the year? Sure

Multiplayer is shit
Who the fuck uses snap map just give people a proper editor

The only difficulty I've found in the entire game was the second boss. The last level was easy in comparison.

>Best single player shooter of the year?
What competition does it have? Federation Force?

You're a pussy. You were then, you are now.

Why do I get better fps from opengl than vulkan?

Multiplayer is shit
Who the fuck uses snap map just give people a proper editor

That is the general consensus yes, with most people agreeing SP is pretty great.

IT's a shame really, consoles basically is the reason we got Snap map instead of a proper editor. To be fair though, snap editor is pretty impressive for consoles from what I understand but I'd still would've preferred a proper editor over Snap map.

I hope any sequel they make will have a proper editor for PC along with improvements to SP with more roaming enemies, better hidden secrets (and no upgrade to help you find them) and perhaps the option to up the MS even further to Doom 1 standards. greater numbers in enemies would be nice as well.

D44M SP is pretty good but I hope they continue to improve in future games.

>refunded after 15 minutes
> claims to know anything about the game

alright

>Doomguy is too cool for school and literally punches all the plot away.
That's literally how the original DOOM games played out you fucking underaged dickshitter. Go play your 2deep4u walking simulators like the faggot you are.

reflex is pure fun

you dont know what fast is

narrativism is a disease

For a modern AAA fps shooter that isn't chest high walls or cinematic experiences, it does its job as good as it could (to a certain degree). One thing I don't really like abt the game after finishing it is that the upgrades are kinda oddly done (ridiculous weapon upgrade dumps on your face if you even remotely find a "secret"). The idea of fighting mobs in a room gets quite stale but the plus is that the rooms are generally solid fighting environments (lots of possible mobility, etc). I would prefer if the game was more laid out like older shooter games (mobs THROUGHOUT the level rather than just one of two stupid possessed across a hallway and only fighting meaty mobs in locked rooms). Also double jump plus air control rune with haste is ADHD fun and don't play anything lower than normal (played hard and only generally struggled in one fight).

>pirated
You're now officially scum of the earth, faggot of maggots, Satan himself will have your scrawny ass all day long when you descent to hell.

>Someone who played all the id Soft. games around release and thought Doom 3 was the step in the right direction
ie a raging faggot

Why would they let me do this to the art design?

>don't play anything lower than normal
who the fuck would play this on easy
like i'm almost sure fucking Polygon played it on normal

The one thing that game did is let me have solid red guns. Not enough games do that.

this, the fucking game title doesn't come up until after the first 15 minutes

I would not even recommend normal. Hard really wasn't that bad overall just because mobs love giving you infinite mars bars and health upgrades shit on the balancing abit.

dunno m8 having more fun with ReCore atm

It seems like enemies take the same amount of damage regardless of difficulty, too.

My biggest complaint so far is that it doesn't feel fast enough.
I don't mean "doomguy should run at 50mph because everything has to be the same", just that in general I feel as if he's a little less mobile than I want him to be.
Strafing for example feels too slow.

Strafing does feel kinda weak and that is quite true. My guess is that they wanted to prevent you from moving too fast while just circling around enemies because they seriously tend to have trouble even hitting you with their shots if you circle around them.

>play for around 2 hours
>realize how mind numbingly boring and repetitive the game is
>refund to get my 60 dollars back
Even at nightmare difficulty the game just wasn't stimulating enough. I can see the appeal though.

Nightmare's fun, the arenas are fun, the game starts to get trivialized once you rack up a bunch of upgrades. I would have liked to see more of a balance between the giant arena fights and just navigating through the level killing enemies and conserving ammo.

Though I feel this user is over exaggerating some things, he is completely right

Nah, you didn't play it. Nightmare is too stimulating

I tried it on regular hard and i'm more or less happy with it.
Was a little surprised at first that imps do 40 or however much damage they do in one hit, but getting hit by a slow projectile counts as fucking up so it's okay.

Strafing in OG doom is limited to walking speed, so it's really sluggish. I think you mean Quake.

The first 15min do not reflect the game as a whole, dipshit.
I bet you enjoyed getting power armor the first 15min in Fallout 4.

The walking speed is way faster than D44M, though.

Also, you can just leave running enabled, and you'll be moving sanic fast.

No it isn't. Literally every ''arena'' is trial and error until you realize how to git gud after 3-5 retries, it's just not fun.

I dunno why people are saying that the game is slower compared to the old Doom. I mean, Doomguy seems to run (with sprint on I mean) about the same pace as Doom Slayer so I don't know why the comparisons are so black and white when they seem to be about the same. I think people are comparing it to Quake too much without realizing it, which was rife with bunny hopping and shit.

fun game though like most reboots its not as good as the originals

Whats the point of playing a game with no story/plot/likeable characters?

He just feels slow.
I'm not comparing it to anything, I've not played OG DOOM or Quake recently enough to make a comparison, I just feel like I can't move the way I want to. Strafing is too slow for me to flank properly I can't seem to get away from enemies if I need to.

I don't get the whole "D44M has no plot" meme.
He takes every opportunity to smash monitors and express that he doesn't want to talk to people, and yet the whole time you're playing Hayden is talking in your ear and giving you objectives.
"The Bunghole generator is melting down, activate the three TP towers."
Then D44Mfella does it anyway, even though the game acts as if it's subverting the whole "guy yammering in your ear" thing.

The only good game of 2016*

Stop with the memes, user.

the best game in years you massive nigger

go give id some money for this goat game

D44m is slower than Quake (currently playing it and just finished main game and hipnotic DLC going to play rogue soon). You can attribute alot of that to strafing and bunnyhop jumping capabilities. One sorta nice thing about D44m ofc is haste rune (only for arena only at certain times) and the Gauss cannon can sorta give you a mini rocket jump boost speed. But side strafing overall is generally weak (prolly for mob hitscan balancing)

Doomguy is either you like him for his cheesy powers or just dislike him, thats literally it. If you want story there are six million other games that do that successfully.

>giving bethesda money

lmaoing at you cucks

This.

Better replay Original Doom, then. I've played it for the first time slightly before D44M came out, and it's way faster.

Not enough cutscenes for ya? Not enough quicktime events?

well sadly doom 3 was so focused on plot to put in any decent gameplay and it ended up being a "trying to hard to be gritty" actoin shooter.

honestly the new one is a breath of fresh air, its fast paced, light hearted and ACTUALLY FUCKING FUN TO PLAY.

we need more fast paced shooters built for fun, like tribes:ascend and doom, if you idea of a good shooter is "call of honor duty feild:global company" then you need to just stop.

saying doom 3 was a satep in the right directoin? well I guess so was dark souls 2!

Tribes:ascend

I got nothing

My only real gripe is that there is one weapon upgrade mod for each weapon that is 100% arguably better than the other in all situations so you just pick that on your repeat playthroughs on a higher difficulty and it feels a bit linear because of that.

Just finished it, it's definitely GOTY in my opinion and overall a really good game. Combat is fun, it looks fucking great, performance is great and finding all the secrets and extra stuff is pretty cool.

It's okay to be upset over the Multiplayer user but it really isn't something everybody is interested in

>press F over and over
>"bbrrrrrvvvvrrrrrreeeerrrr song music every 5 seconds"
>press F some more

got bored 30 mins in.

Naah b, DOOM is great because it's a well polished/put together/thoughtful return to classic gaming styles. It does one thing very very well, it doesn't throw in lockpicking mini games, stealth segments, weird leveling (the game's upgrade system is so simple so it never feels overwhelming, builds never matter).

The game is just pure focused fun.