ITT: Plot twists in vidya that genuinely shocked you

ITT: Plot twists in vidya that genuinely shocked you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zN1zIo7JhOQ?t=126
youtube.com/watch?v=tpkjM5nYtZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm calling it now, Xigbar is the Master of Masters and will Usurp Xehanort once he becomes Full.

EnGarde.

>Xigbar is the only person in the entire series who knows everything going on and pushed amnesiac Terranort toward forming Ansem/Xemnas.

If he doesn't betray Xehanort I'll be shocked, though I'm sure he won't actually be the final villain.

Simon Keyes

When UNATCO hurt JC Denton's weenie

Here's your Master bro

Does it count as a plot twist if it's optional content?

Anyways, this guy's backstory

XIV is just one shock after another once you beat 2.0

Of all the people

It was this guy

Commander Redips. It was so obvious, but at the same time so dumb, I didn't even think to check.

Would You Kindly?

>Dragon Quest 7
>Go back in time to save a town where all the people were turned into and all the animals were turned into people
>Get back to the island in the present
>EVERYONE IS ANIMALS AGAIN
>They're all just dressing up like animals as part of a yearly festival celebrating that that time a bunch of heroes saved them from being turned into animals

KOTOR You were Revan the whole time.

Also this.

Even if you saw it the timing caught you off guard

>tfw no idea what this is about

Dude what? I mean yeah like you said he's blatantly fishy from like the second he shows up at the marsh, but he didn't show his hand until way LATER than I thought. I was expecting every single cutscene he was in to have him just shooting someone in the face.

>Danganronpa case 5

OH SHIT i totally forgot about that

That part in Outlast where that doctor with his ass hanging out saves your life and then straps you down and cuts off a bunch of your fingers. I was not prepared for that

I-I think this is Persona 5

But I have no idea what the context, the story, anything.
It really just falls flat on me.

Please no
We already had 2 games building up xehanort why replace him with a nobody

MC is kill.
Guy on the bottom pic is one of the playable character.
Guess what happened?

Probably not the best example I have but its the one I can remember.
Back when I first played it I was surprised with this.

Xigbar is gonna rebel in some way and get in the way of both Xenahort and Sora & Pals.

Sora & Pals deal with Xigbar, but uh oh! Xenahort took advantage of everyone being retards and uses the game's mcguffin to become a god!

I've never played a game with a good plot twist.

I've never played any good games.

Fairly early on in the game but I definitely did not see that shit coming.
Hit me like a train.

HOLY FUCK ARE YOU KIDDING ME

DO YOU MEAN Adachi is the killer ?

The building through the entire game around the Polyhedron mystery helped this twist to be one of the most relevant of all game sI've have played

Jail aged Thad up a bit, huh?

What's your favorite game, user?

TWEWY had some doozies.

Hyrule is under the ocean.

There's more than one Alien on the station.

>Thought the game was about a bunch of creepy kids in a mansion
>AIRSHIP TIME
Granded it happened early but I was really shocked by the change.

>playing kingdom hearts for any reason, ever

HUEHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAHEUHAEUHAUEHAUEHUAHEUAHEUHAEUHAEUHAUEHUAEHUAHEUHAEUHAUHUHEUHAUHEUAHEUHAEUHAEUHAE FAG

youtu.be/zN1zIo7JhOQ?t=126

(You)

Also, all the things that happened in Siren Bloodcurse with all the timeline fuckery.

Mommy, daddy it's me Bella! Open up! MOOMMMMYYYY, DAAAADDDYYY

Don't ever reply to me or my posts again you shit taste casual fag

>shitposting for any reason, ever

This game will always be memorable for me. Don't think I've experienced a console story quite like it.

>faggots directing the trash to Cred Forums
Why did you have to ruin Cred Forums?

>Penumbra: Black Plague
It still manages to piss me off.
It was done so fucking well.

>It's too early for goodbyes!

I was actually fooled. Guess the game

The true ending fucked me up good.
I had no Idea what the fuck was going on.

Because we're sick of the trash you faggot. Cred Forums has been dead for years with all the footfags, pedos, and baneposting anyways.

>everyone was on Stage 2, so it had to be Stage 1 because it was blocked
>photo of Stage 2

OH SHIT FAMALAM

(You)

Cred Forums was ruined by cross posters mainly from Cred Forums turning every conversation into a shitpost fest. The footfaggery and bane posting didn't stop actual Cred Forums related threads from doing their duty

Cred Forums was always shit, it was full of literal pedophiles a month after it came up in 2006

not lolicons, people who want to fuck actual children, who are degenerates that should be permabanned

really, since that board is full of those terrible people, just delete Cred Forums and permaban all of them

Nier Ending B revealing that Emil survived the game's events, albeit as just his head.

When Aeris dies.

Back in '97 at least.

Fucking hardly, almost every thread is a shitposting thread regardless of those 3 I mentioned. Cred Forums is absolute garbage somehow worse than Cred Forums. Cred Forums is right there with Cred Forums though.
Deleting Cred Forums would just spread the cancer around.

This one really fucking killed me.

Yeah Cred Forums is shit because it isn't Cred Forums anymore. Everyone who actually wanted to talk about television and film is gone. The only people left are extremely newfags, baiting Cred Forums crossposters, and general shitposters.

Its been like that since 07, fucking 07.

>Deleting Cred Forums would just spread the cancer around.
that's why i said "permaban all of them"

No it hasn't. Every quick board has a lot of shitposting but most of the threads were Cred Forums related for a long time. 2014 was when the ratio shifted to almost everything being a shitpost. Stop talking about something that you know nothing about.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

>implying it isn't easy as fuck to get around a ban in fucking Cred Forums

>You fell for the old fake Joker gag Batman!

>A friendship worth 6 billions

With all other foes exhausted, the conjoined blades turned themselves on me. And I realized, finally, why I had sensed nothing when Janos offered me the blade.

I had already been spoiled for that, so what really shocked me the most was Case 2. The game had made it seem like it was just unbearably obvious that Toko was the killer, I thought that her being GJ was going to be the twist and I was honestly pissed off because I thought the game was foreshadowing way too heavily and had spoiled itself. I was really relieved when finding out that GJ wasn't the actual killer.

However, Case 4 genuinely was too damn obvious. Locked room suicide, mentions of vomiting blood right after the introduction of poison, seriously?

explain ive only seen the hentai and the 5 different versions confused and aroused me

>implying anyone in Cred Forums is that smart

i already suggested to mods to ban ALL forms of posting except desktop computers. kill off phones, laptops, tablets, you name it.

>everything bad that happens is always Cred Forums
stay kike shill

Is there a vidya plot twist that can match the insanity of the Guillotine Gorilla reveal?

>ywn experience Ever17 for the first time again

Dickson being evil was not the twist. He and Lorithea sat around in every cutscene cackling.

The machina being the good guys and Shulk being dead and the host body for the real villain, who accidentally rewrote the universe is the real twist

Danganronpa 2 Case 5

Well it was the casting of a black dude in the force awakens and Cred Forums coming to Cred Forums to cuckpost that started it and is still continuing to this day. It's not like it's a secret.

Not so much a plot twist, but a character twist.

Resonance
The guy who's painted as the main protagonist planned the whole thing. There's a scene early on where he seems to be meeting his love interest by chance, but he knew who she was and was trying to integrate himself with her so he could exploit her. 2/3 of the way into the game he shoots her in the head.

I wish I visited Cred Forums when this aired on.

The only tweest that shoked me more in any form of media is Togame's death in Katanagatari

that guy has ted cruz's face

asshole let you kill him because he knew that would fuck you up

HE PLANNED IT WITH THAT FUCKING WHOREEEEEEE

Aerith. I was in denial until the very end of the game because I had marked Barrett as the dead man.

I also managed to go into Star Wars without knowing a single goddamn thing, so Empire Strikes Back's big twist fucking blew me away.

Christ, why did the plot in KH have to end up so retarded?

Oh man this. Where your hands are placed on your keyboard and mouse are the same as your character strapped in the wheelchair. That shit made me flinch like no tomorrow, I had to stop playing and my friend took over. It was my breaking point.

The foreshadowing for this was fantastic.

In Fallout 4 when your wife dies. I was so attached to the character.

>Think I finally found someone to help me
>See his face waiting for you
>Suddenly punches you
I actually flinched
Not really a plot twist but Gluskin in the dlc freaked me out to no end. Specially the part where he catches you in the locker and sees you as a present to unwrap.

Strangers Wrath. You know what i'm talking about the 3 of you that played it.

Kalas doing that thing in baten kaitos 1

QAI being a Seraphim plant

you were the demons all along david

Same

It was a great twist, but too bad the game went to shit after it

the last boss was garbage.

Explorers of Sky, right?

_yup

I'll always be salty. Always.
Way to go destroying your franchise in just a few steps with another disappointing ending, Level-5.

I was more surprised about Descole being Layton's brother, what the fuck
To be fair I already knew about Emmy's betrayal, though, from memes.

I didn't ask for this

this kicked my ass

this didn't surprise me that much but hiding it right in the title screen was a really cool touch

Bloodborne. It was geniusly
Remember11
Ever17 first time
ZTD because of how awful it is
Zero Escape
Ronpa 2
MGS2 jesus christ

You mean one retcon after another?

but it was obvious from the first nightmare

Great twist
The origins twist was shit as fuck though. Would have been better for Joker to just not be in the game, or maybe show up near the end as a separate villain entirely like Bane did.

My body was not ready.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpkjM5nYtZs

Sam Flam really mirrored its own plot.
The show got really exciting after that twist, but then got more and more boring.
Then it got really exciting after the next twist.
Then got more and more boring.

It was pretty meta in that way.

>One amongst you will shortly persish
>Didn't realize that it has to be Crono since you could switch the other party members
Fuck I thought it would be Frog

FF 6 when Kafka destroyed the world and red dead redemption when marston dies.

>marston dies

at least spell his name right. Honor the dead user.

That was fucking insane. His team was fucking brutal too

>adol didn't tap her

>Kill Strelok

delet this