Cities: Skylines

show me your cities, Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqukrQD9DiY
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523899106
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760876202
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=680195135
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just started this one so theres nothing to actually show, but fuck I love Wolfgangsee map.

Looks pretty comfy

bump

>tfw comfy Skyline when looking out my window

this looks like new york city

started yesterday

I miss this game, wish it didn't kill my shitty PC any time I went near 50k+ people.

Are there any mods that just add more buildings to the various RCI zone-pools? Not unique ploppables, just more variety to your painted areas.

Same city

Look for "Growables", there are thousands of them.

There are also heaps of custom vehicles you can add too, just be aware of any high poly ones that might chug your system. There's another mod which I can't recall the name of that allows you to customize what actually shows up on the roads too, so you can remove all those retarded hotdog and donut vans.

Forgot to turn off the hud

Still far from finished.

Thanks for the heads up. All the unique buildings are cool too, but I really just wanted some stuff to add more general variety but my poking around in the workshop wasn't really turning up anything.

Farms are top comfy.

That looks really really fucking comfy

I changed most of those small roads to the 4 lane one from the network mod, and I'm really just building as I go along and will try to fix any traffic when it becomes a problem.

Now, this is a shit hole

>see lots of traffic coming in from the highway
>select a vehicle
>'leaving the city'
>follow it
>it's just going all the way to the other highway on the other side of the map

What the fuck is happening

Oh boy a skylines thread.

Just passin' through.

A few small towns around a large reservoir for now. Trying to build organically.

What's a good comfy medieval city builder?

Now THIS is comfy.

Too bad that expansion was a massive piece of shit besides the Trams.

Is Natural Disasters going to be the same garbage tier "locked to 3 maps" with a bunch of bloated and completely useless features too?

how do you keep the rivers from polluting?

This is comfy as fuck, dude.

Wish I was decent at this game. I love city builders but suck at city building.

fuck wit me

show traffic

>planned dull geometric lifeless cities
Probably an American.

>highway center not connected

Honestly, Cities Skylines is forgiving enough that you don't need to optimize to the last road to keep your budget balanced. Start slow, build small, and consider downloading the additional roads mod - it's amazing how comfy a city gets when you build with alleys and smaller streets.

what mod

I miss cbg

I'm a euro and literally all our "medieval" cities are alike.

Find a pool with a water source, close it off and dig it out then simply add your drainage pipe.

Network Extensions project. It's absolutely wonderful.

Dunno man. Still, winter is comfymode

I tried basing it off of great lakes cities, like Chicago and Cleveland.

so like a little garbage lake?

It's small and tucked away at the edge of the maps so it's pretty much invincible because of the mountains surrounding my city.

Cred Forums city was already made tho
youtube.com/watch?v=zqukrQD9DiY

How do I stop my city from getting overrun by dead people?

Set up more churches for paladins to operate out of, so they can smite the undead hordes.

oh damn. this looks nice. does the building in the roundabout fuck with flow there?

Not at all, it's a custom Police Kiosk with a small custom Fire Dept behind it. The parking bays were ploppable mods too. It just came about as a complete accident and ended up working perfectly.

I dig the shader/color.
Post-edit or is it something I can get on the workshop?

Another pic from the reverse angle.

Please help.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523899106

that's a river, not a lake or a lagoon
ya goon

>no proper highway exits
Also why the fuck are your buildings so far from each other?

Nice anime tier colors, link now

I'm almost at 500k cims

Where does this stand on that list?

I didn't make it, it came with the map

And, my new map.

damn

>trumpet in shit-tier

Apologize.

I am gonna buy this game probably.

Is worth the game without DLCs?

Are the DLCs worth at all?

Yes

Yes

>no gray rivers
I don't believe it

DLCs are literally flavour add-ons, you can play the base game and not really miss out on anything because the mod community is so fucking huge.

After Dark is worth it.

Snowfall is hit and miss. Snow maps are seperate maps, which sucks dick but Trams are cool. I'd pass unless you need it for mods or something.

I like doing cities on a hill, it forces me not to be lazy and just do grids.

I take some of that back, After Dark is probably the only DLC worth it at the moment.

get vanilla first, there is a lot you can do and it's more likely you'll get bored and move on before you reach its full potential

after dark is worth it on sale but it will be a while til you will even consider using most of its features. it does add a lot of nice stuff though.

snowfall only adds comfy ass trams

Aaaaaand wrong screenshot

All vanilla. Still a work in progress.

The snow DLC is so comfy

Can you create diamond intersections in Skylines?

I did this once. I named all the districts based on times. Midnight Road, First Quarter Road, High Noon Parks. The centre was called Target Park.

maybe

>tfw you spam roundabouts and all the traffic just disappears like it was never even there

I really hate the lack of aesthetic sea tiles. Those two ports just look so ridiculous sitting there by themselves.

>only make grind traffic shit
>everytime I try something else it looks like absolute nonsense dogshit
This game is not for me.

I cannot make cities for fucking shit.

It doesn't help that every map I like has starting areas that I find really hard to work with.

This one for instance had all these weird ass offramps and loops and shit and I didn't know what the hell to do with them.

It was my original sewage and water plant. Guess which was which.

>when you've been playing for so long that you can't tell whats a legitimate real life image and what's a Cities in-game shot

What do you mean my buildings are far from each other?

He means your roads are very spaced out so there's a lot of wasted space

Has anyone made Welthauptstadt Germania?

any good tips for this game?
always seem to barely break even

NEW YAWK NEW YAWK

The hardest part of the game is the beginning. Start slow and don't expand quickly, only provide services that are needed (ie. Don't just drop that expensive Police Station when there's not even crime buildup until you have the money to keep it rolling. Services will increase demand but if you don't have the money to build it's pointless). Don't be afraid to take that first loan either.

Also keep the game paused until you're ready for your citizens to start moving in, otherwise you'll be bleeding cash for no reason.

Once it's all going ahead, adjust your budgets and micromanage them accordingly. Like when you're dropping your first water and sewage pumping stations, 1 of each can take care of a large population. Decreasing the budget can save you money in the long run, just don't forget to adjust it back up when your city starts to grow.

Like a stroll through the countryside.

Corner store

>Get Tropico 4 for free
>Fuck it, why not
>Download
>play
>going well
>pure RNG tornadoes destroy half my city
>uninstall
Why. Why do these fucking games always have pure RNG bullshit disasters.

I don't think I'll ever build a whole city. Things keep fucking up and I start over.

comfy af

Leave your electricity, water and sewage off until you get some buildings built, as its a huge waste of money that can break a start.

Pretty much everything this dude said.
Make sure to adjust your budget as well. The game gives you way more fire trucks, police, ambulances and garbage trucks than you really need that early in the game. Its a nice little way to save and make more money early game.

>no hybrid streets
>cant designate surfaces for people/vehicles/special types of vehicles/bikes/ect
I just want to make a super compact cute town on a hill where you have shared people and car streets, but its only reserved for critical vehicles and not general public cars so you have everyone walking around.

These games put too much emphasis on roads and cars.

What theme/style?
Looks creamy.

Any of you guys have good map recommendations?
Currently playing Wolfgangsee which is comfy as fuck but the lack of hillsides kinda sucks.

Comfee Simulator 2016

Dunno what LUT but the theme is Brooklyn. It's great.

I wouldn't recommend having no power, your cims will start abandoning their homes.

Those dirty fuckers can live without water though.

Theres a mod for zoneable pedestrian roads that emergency vehicles and such can still access. Can't remember the name.
Theres also a district policy to make pedestrians prefer cycling over driving.

I want to die in this game.

I just mean keeping it off until you have some buildings actually built up and occupied.
Else you'll be losing a shitload of money between sewage, water and energy while your town is still technically empty for several in-game weeks.

I figured that might be the theme, saw it on workshop before.
Downloading that shit, looks great.

Does it have a dystopian feel?

>Been in the mood for a game to play while chilling out and listening to podcasts
>Think replaying Cities:Skylines or trying a Tropico game or something else

What's a good Tropico game?

Another shot. Wanted it to have the feel of a crime-ridden superhero comics town.

>That airport

Gee user, you sure must like 9-11 if you want planes to crash into buildings like that.

Looks like a nice place. Dystopian needs to be bigger and more dense. Also, trees don't exist in dystopia

You can in an overworld game. But the vanilla asset creator has too small a profile for this particular intersection.

It's a map theme for the Shimanto river.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760876202
combined with this LUT
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=680195135

Another pic for you mate. Thanks for the comment.

This might be the wrong place to ask, but is there an actual space elevator mod anywhere?

Not some shitty, third-rate space laser looking thing?

Having an actual one would be so amazing, because it would really take the focus of any futuristic panoramas you want to take of the city.

Is this game particularly complicated? I've always found city builders appealing, but I've generally been somewhat bad at them. Pretty much only have played oldschool sim city, and Anno 1404 and 2070.

It's baby-tier easy. Except for early-game mistakes (like mixing sewage and potable water, or overspending), and late game issues, like managing traffic jams.

It's incredibly relaxing and you feel good seeing the developed city after you're satisfied with it.

>big traffic jam in city
>try to replace a big junction with a roundabout to make traffic flow better
>it works
>make more and more roundabouts, because what's the worst that could happen
>traffic jam in roundabout
>I HAVE NO WAY TO FIX THIS

Every time

Thanks user, I might give it a try then.

Does this count?

It's time to divert that traffic. Use district policies to keep commercial trucks away from residential zones, just be sure that they still have access to any retail buildings they may have to deliver to.

>city 17
Sorta. The Citadel has this space elevator vibe to it. But it's too recognizable.
The height on that building does look about right, however, where the top is almost out of range of shots.