SMT IV: Apocalypse

So what is the veredict? how censored and butchered it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

atlus.com/smt4a/demons.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hz3LoiAFtQ
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-019629&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=fumi kanno$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
youtube.com/watch?v=2eGazzxcp3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

From what I've seen not at all, it even has lewd Toki
Only problem of the localization is a few of the voice actors aren't great

>Change from War to Conflict to fuse the boatdude because fuck the triple compendium cost
>Fight the bird boss
>Completely destroy him
>Find it a bit too easy
>I forgot to change back to war

Fuck me. Conflict truly is babby mode compared to war, and my last save is from 2 hours ago so I can't reload.

In the medusa fight if you slice her instead of watching in her eyes when she is faking to give up they censored when she screams out "motherfuckers", a long beep sounds instead and the word is made up of *

>you can finally choose your route instead of relying on an invisible counter

FINALLY I CAN PLAY WITHOUT GAMEFAQS OPEN

user all difficulties lose any semblance of challenge due to Fusion Booster apps
>they sincerely thought giving players the ability to fuse demons of 9-15 levels higher was ok

Its Atlus, you trade in little to no censorship for a forced dub with questionable voice acting (at least they usually keep Lowenthal at minimum)

>SMT
>Censorship

They have demons that is literally a huge penis, and tons of demons that has bare titties. They don't give a fuck.

Is this that one xbox smt?

I heard that you get severe penalities if you choose a route that isn't the one with the most points you collected.

I NEED TOKI

>picked up Devil Survivor 2
>turns out it's another happy go lucky Persona
>gone are any of the SMT vibes of the first DeSu
I'm iffy about about SMT and sequels. Does Apocalypse keep the edge or is it persona-fied as well?

Personafied. SMT is dead familia.

You can go full persona or full edgelord, depends on (you).

Speaking about DeSu2, how's Record Breaker?
Do you actually have multiple routes on that new campaign?

Keep playing, senpai. Most of the cast can die depending on your actions

What a weird change

Shit, silly me, I thought you were talking about 1. Yeah, 2 is Personafied to hell and back

>censored
>butchered
The only butchering here is the one you do on the demons

The first DeSu is just so fucking perfect. It's simple, straightforward but it's still meaty. It is the prime example of how mobile/handheld games should be like because it simplifies things without dumbing the experience down.

Guys, what is... "that"?

You know what "that" is.

Speaking of DeSu, I'm doing Naoya's route in Overclocked right now and I think Belberith has me completely blocked.
Any tips?

That happens in the jap version too. Asterisks, beep and all.

>Does Apocalypse keep the edge or is it persona-fied as well?

Peace route is sunshine and friendship
Anarchy route is SMT as you know and love it.

A life stone (1x)

It's very sexist.
I shouldn’t even have to write about this in 2016, but one of Apocalypse’s other flaws is its sexist character designs. Many of the game’s females are dolled up or play the part of damsels in distress. Even more offensive are the female demons, who can use moves such as “Sexy Dance” to “charm” their enemies. Regardless of this title coming out of the East, it’s a wildly offensive and derogatory design that pulled me out of the experience on more than one occasion.

Just give up on activating the platforms and get a strong party member who can just jump over to Belberith. Get someone to head over and kill Goatman, and if you have True Phantasm you can go help the other guy with Belberith. Make sure to have Blood Wine or something to keep you mana up, because it's a long fight.

the next boss is worse

Nine times out of ten it's just a life stone or something useless like that.

CIA where? I feel like everyone knows something I don't.

It's actually Megaten Evangelion, user.

its been on the internet for a while now. stop being a dumb fuck and just search on google.

>Speaking about DeSu2, how's Record Breaker?
it's great

>Do you actually have multiple routes on that new campaign?
yes

Get a demon with flight and just walk straight to Belberith from the middle side. For whatever reason it causes the stairs or whatever to automatically lower if I'm remembering right.

Belberith himself is piss easy, it's just getting to him is hard.

Yo chill, think I just found it, couldn't find it last time I googled.

Undubbed or dubbed?

Alright. I guess I'm going to be doing a few free battles to pull out another one of those bird/torch guys.

Soma.

Does it still have the awful overworld from SMT4?

Yeah get your other guys set up to defend because the mooks never stop spawning

They improved the map a lot, it's much harder to get lost

Supposedly one of the advertised selling points was the better Overworld, but I actually haven't seen it yet because I've been avoiding spoilers about the game

>spoilers
Nanashi dies

>Not pirating the undub if you're gonna complain about meaningless shit
Either way the regular version is fine.
They fixed a lot of shit from SMT IV too.
The plot progresses way faster, and with some demons being redesigned, I can't complain.
They also fixed the map.
And the music is really fucking good in this one too.

>somebody dies in a SMT game
That's not really a fucking spoiler.

>pirating the undub if you're gonna complain about meaningless shit
I am conflicted I am already used to the voices from the previous games and I even liked it, but usually the jap dub is better than the english dub so I am kinda on the fence here even though I am not a fan of Nanashi's english voice.

Wait, this came out already?

yes for a few days now.

Do I need to finish SMTIV, and more importantly, do I need to get the Neutral ending to understand it?

>mfw the Neutral ending for SMTIV is the hardest ending to get without a guide

Only for piratefags?
time to dust my 3ds off

>already on the fence
Here
mega.nz#!hZUSEZZb!5hx_CAm0Gixt6UvQetOFPgmyZgKRDTDC_FgTAzw5fDI
The rar password is: NikolaiMiljevic

>Spoiling shit that happens in the trailer
The madman

nipples are obscured for the prudish japanese eyes as always

You don't need to, but there's some things you might not understand at first.
Also you can import SMT IV save data and get some neat stuff if you've beaten the game through and got the endings.

I´m going to ask again because nobody answered before:

I have a SMT IV save with the game completed on neutral route, but I deleted the game (not the save), and I didn´t start NG+, do I get something on Apocalypse if I transfer the save?

Nah you just need to know the basic shit that happens in the neutral end, the only thing you might miss out on is familiarity with some characters

So I could get either SMTIV's Chaos or Law ending without any problems understanding Apocalypse's plot?

Yeah you should still get stuff for the neutral ending, since it only checks the data.

IIRC you get sone beads and incences, nothing much really.

>peace route is sunshine and friendship

Nigger are you actually complaining? The peace route is what every human being living in the SMT universe has been fighting for since the start. Creating a world where Manking can control its future without Angels and Demons fucking shit up and using them as puppets.

Not to spoil stuff, but apparently SMT apocalypse starts from the neutral ending.
You'd understand the plot still, yes.

Flynn teams up with Masakados to try and bring down the dome around Tokyo
There, you're completely caught up

Its out on in the stores in the US already I think, but if you are Eurofag like me you can only play it if you pirate it, since you know EU NEVER EVER.

Nah it's not out in stores until Tuesday, it's just been out for piratefags for a few days now

>hardly remember the SMTIV story at all
>don't feel like replaying it

guess I'll just skip this one

Worse than P5, which in turn is worse than #FE

you really shouldn´t. SMT IV is good, but Apocalypse is in another level.

But dem hoys though
Maybe I'll do one playthrough dubbed and one play through undubbed to see the difference.

But still thanks for the help.

You're not missing anything, both games are shitty, its jsut turboautist fanbois praising fatlus turds

>tfw when I hacked my 3DS I fucked up and lost all my digital titles and their save data
>Never got to finish the Neutral route of SMTIV
>My save is lost to the sands of time
>Weeks of game time wasted
>Now I'm being told SMTIVA actually uses that save
Fuck everything

You basically only get some free app points, money, and titles for the streetpass thing that nobody uses

I feel your pain brother.
This is why I hate digital only releases.

It's not like it's a huge deal.
You can't transfer your armor, weapons, demon collection, or anything else for that matter.

You just get a couple items, it's not that important.

I'm playing it right now and this game has such a weak start. What a snoozefest.

JUST MEGIDOLAON MY SHIT UP

Will it ever come out in the EU or is it American and Japanese only?
Shame I played SMT4 and it was fucking hard but fun.

>DEATH FLIES
>DEATH FLIES
>DEATH FLIES
>DEKAJA
>DEATH FLIES

>I fucked up and lost all my digital titles
I did the same. I also lost all my Super Mystery Dungeon stuff doing that exploit with the cartridge.
But once I re-linked my NNID, I got most of it back.
I somehow even got all my smash bros data back, which still confuses me to this day

In December.

>several posts saying nothing was touched.

Did they seriously leave "YHVH" in? Not some nondescript word like "Almighty", "Holy One"?

It would pretty weird for Hitler to become The Furher but leave YHVH untouched.

>Will it ever come out in the EU
It will probably come out in the EU like the other 3ds smt titles, but just like the other titles don't expect it to come out this year or in 2017 even.

Its not like they said 'God', 'Yahveh' or 'Jehova' the reason the name is YHVH is to get around that shit and its been like that for ages.

atlus.com/smt4a/demons.html

I used Browserhax, it was a lot of growing pains because I had to wipe my system to install the CFW stuff, I even backed up all my SD card stuff but when I tried to load it back in, it was all corrupted data.

You forgot a horribly liberal script, but then that's most localisation companies these days.

Yes and no.

When you fight him, the name's still there, but whenever a character tries to say it, the screen goes all static-y and screechy like some fucked up La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.

Well that's a relief. Still wish I managed to beat the neutral route though seeing as I somehow managed to get on it first go and wound up losing my data just before the subquest hell

Also voice actors dont say YHVH for some reason.

In the original it was also "beeped".

>Its not like they said 'God', 'Yahveh' or 'Jehova'
YHVH can actually pronounce his name, while everyone is distorted.

YHVH pronounces it as Jehova, at least that's how it was in the in japanese version CIA.

Well, you "can't" pronounce his name so its cool that whenever they try to say it everything gets fucked up

That's actually pretty cool

No other being can pronounced YHVH's name, only he can, that's how it was in the Japanese version as well.

So he doesn't pronounce his name in the english version?

They probably will not censor it, no one gives a flying fuck what Christians think since its all about kid gloves with Islam now.
Also Christians hate gnostics do its funny to see them hear that their god is basically a cosmic fuck up and just a petty angry manlet that wishes he was awesome like the supreme being.

Wrong, password is NikolaMiljevic

It's a shame the gameplay sucks and the NPC AI is completely braindead and the cause of 90% of any player's game overs.

your mom is fat

- Characters that are not YHVH: bleeped / distorted / random shit.

- Characters that are YHVH: pronounces his name exactly like it is (or people believe it to be) Yehova / Jehova.

Didn't see how it happens in the english version yet, but that's how it in japanese.

Don't talk shit about his mom, faggot.

I wonder how I managed to fuck up the password.
I gave the wrong password, it's here at

kek

I really am not a fan of how much the app programs cost. They seem like they went up a shitload more than they used to be. I've only been able to afford the 2 skill slots up for both demons and myself, and a few extra slots for demons. Oh and the first walk and restore barely any MP thing. I'm 1/4th the way through leveling, and there are tons of things that cost a shitload in the store.

Guess IF ONLY I BOUGHT THE DLC LIKE A GOOD GOY but it's not even available for sale until like October. Wew...

>Ends up being 90% of your health
>Decides to back out of the negotiation
>Gets first attack
>Kills you

Anybody know the reasoning behind the crazy price tag for Apocalypse? I checked Amazon and EB Games and it's selling for 65 Trudeau Tokens which is a good $15 more than most 3DS games.

Remember to switch out from war to conflict when you have to grab something from the compendium, since the summon cost is tripled in war. Besides that, I have absolutely no money problems at level 35, bought all the demon slots and the second extra skill slots and I'm saving up for the third, I'm drowing in macca, just remember to grab all the relics and the switch difficoulty thing. If you STILL have money problems install the beg for money app.

Atlus pads out their physical copies with stuff like soundtrack samplers and art books to justify ramping up the cost to themselves. Nintendo's eshop is always based on retail price. SMTIV suffered the same issue

Kusoge.

What site?

The Atlus Tax has been a thing for a long time.

I'm sorry you canuckbros have to suffer with those outrageous prices.

>ick

I was wondering if it was some sort of launch CE like with SMT IV. I guess that justifies the tag.

Literal who clickbait. Ignore it.

>pros: fun, good level design
>cons: problematic
>7/10

>plot is hard to follow for fans and newcomers alike
>fans
They said this to cover their asses right?

>they sincerely thought giving players the ability to fuse demons of 9-15 levels higher was ok
wew
it's like smt2 all over again

That's pretty fucking awesome

>Sexist female demons
>Not mentioning the literal penis demon

The penis demon is a girl so I think that's empowering

kek, they even make a "beat off" joke in IV when that demon appears

No it's not money problems, it's app points problems. There is no way to get even half of the apps by the time you hit 99.

Wait, you only get the benefit of starting with bonus stuff if you had a digital version of SMT4?

I somehow doubt the plot is hard to follow, and I doubt this guy beat it.

Probably played it for the 10 - 15 hours required then wrote their review.

user that hasn't played shin megami tensei in his life, should i try this and/or the first smtIV as my first experience? i don't mind taking my time and spoilers don't destroy my desires to play games

God, it pisses me off that people like this literally get to play games and review them for a living

Play SMT IV first.

You aren't supposed to in the first place. In IV you would keep all the app points, I suppose it's the same for apocalypse.

Oh Jesus please tell me they still don't use the retarded smirk system that allowed your AI partners set up bosses for party wipes.

It fails to be an SMT game

SMTIV up until Neutral's endgame will help you understand what the fuck is going on, but it's not necessary.

That and Final are the easiest games yet in the story, anyway. Final/Apocalypse's (the one you're asking about) DLC boss however, has been confirmed by the nips to be the hardest motherfucker to ever hit the franchise, which before that, was held by a cameo boss fight with a previous protagonist in another game.

Smirk is still present but nerfed.

Smirk got nerfed hard, bruh.

Smirking now does this:

1-Makes you crit 100%, even if you cast a spell
2-Deletes your weaknesses and makes you immune to crits, does NOT increase dodge
3-Instantly gets removed when an action is made or after a couple turns if inactive
4-Some skills get a second effect. Hama and mudo get their instakill chance, when not smirking they are normal damaging spells

Your partner of choice is now REALLY helpful.

Tfw Azumi begged for her life and I made her my ally and she said "These breasts of mine are now yours. Do as you will." Why this. These aren't the fish tits I'm after

How the fuck can he be worse than Demi-fiend?

So how is the dub, I played SMT IV undubbed but then played through it again dubbed because I didn't realize the undub for this would be available upon release and now I'm pissed off

SMT 4 is a pretty great jumping in point, don't go ham and try to beat it in short amount of time or you'll burn out. If you like it, then get this sequel

Dagda's VA is nice.

Aw fuck, I was used to PersonaQ's easy mode Hama/Mudo spells.

partner of choice are the keywords here

This. I tried to beat SMT4 all in one go, ended up putting it down for close to 6 months. Didn't help that I was going for a gun build, which is hard in the beginning and picks up at end game, instead of magick which is awesome from the get go.

Because lore. Stephen's been around since the very first SMT and he's one of the very few (IIRC he might actually be the ONLY) characters to have survived the entire franchise without a single death to his name.

He's so broken that to the demons that know of him, the universal reaction to him getting involved is essentially "oh goddammit."

Thats what "unforgiving for newcomers" means

I meant in terms of mechanics. Demi-fiend was a minefield of one hit kills.

Quick, Cred Forums!

Who's your favorite demon?

I don't trust anything in that review though. If its a hell of a mess, why the fuck did he give it such a high score?

Too hard to choose just one

the one with tiddies

I would die for her in a heartbeat

So wait is the game out yet or not?
seems to imply yes but it could very well be a leaked copy

Demoneeho a cute

>Nobody mentioning that Incubus can use Sexy Dance just as effectively as the female demons

My nigga Wu Kong.

Alice

claimed

It's out for pirates and for places that broke the street date. The intended release date is the 20th.

Tuesday officially
The cia is already out

I just got her, she was shitting out 800+ damage per turn against Quetzalcoatl.
Best girl

>Amazon said it'd start shipping yesterday
>Still not sent out
Fuck the internet

>tfw almost got raped by a Jack horde
Fucking Jacks combining in a no weakness blob and dual spamming my fire/ice weak demons

>Darkness now does damage

Alice is stronger than ever.

this just because almost pussy, First time I saw her, I was shocked and erected just because of how weird was to see something like this on a nintendo console. It was totally unexpected knowing how they are when it comes to censorship, and SMT IV was my first SMT game, so I didn´t know what to expect,I knew they were mature games, I just didn´t know how much

I think they just lack elemental weakness.
Guns or light/dark should work

>not setanta

get your irish right, pleb

stop wanking yourself they are the same person

Wait, its out?!
I haven't even finished Cold Steel goddamit

It's hilarious how hard she comes on to Flynn too.
>"i'll never let you go" when you fuse her
>"treasure it as you would treasure me" when she gives you an item
>asks you to be a little more risque when you say no to a skill change
>gets extremely pouty when she finds you after being ejected from the party
It doesn't help at all that Laura Bailey voiced her with the Lust voice.

I'm just gonna wait to the official release, so I can make a collage of meme reviews like the one we got for IV.

I know, that´s why I said that, Setanta is also in the game

DO WHAT YOU WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE

No.

That reminds me, how is the voice acting in this one? Or do we have to deal with garbage like Ashley Burch?

What about ASS LADY?

It's actually pretty good.

Dagda in particular stands out as being really great. He doesn't sound like some fag trying to imitate an Irish accent. The accent is there, but it's subtle.

>censored
>240p
>for edgy 15yo kids
no thanks

>censored

>tfw really liked DeSu2
>try DeSu1 because everyone says it's better
>it's hard to slog through and overall pretty meh
I've played all the mainline SMT (and MT) but goddamn I wish the story made the characters easier to give a shit about, Abel was incredibly bland and two of the more attractive girls were irritating as shit. Still not as bland as the one based on the book protag but fug.

Asahi.

so Space Marine swoops in when they're all about to die, right

user didn't you know? any change whatsoever is censorship, including censoring the japanese language into english

Dagda is pretty good, everyone else I've encountered so far was okay.

Can you actually save those All out attacks for later?

Dagda is a fucking legend. I know he's kinda edgy but he's also fun.

sexist character design, HAHAHA I HATE SJW motherfuckers

He's your item vendor.

You lose all your items or demons if /smtg/ threads from several months ago can be trusted.
Unique items seem like they'd be the only hard thing to recover when the compendium exists.

it's M so they didn't have to censor anything

Three routes (4 if you count the bad ending).

The game is one of my favorite 3DS games, the second campaign is really fun and adds a much more definitive ending.

That user posted an edit because he is a butthurt SJfag.

Here's the real screenshot.

Poor Space Marine.

huh

really makes you think

Hope Apocalypse gets called "The Dark souls of persona" like with IV.

>Sexist character designs

>a collage of meme reviews like the one we got for IV.
I honestly regret making that sometimes since people sometimes seem to think it was meant to be negative

But there's already one on metacritic docking it for having sexist demons

>Ancient battle between GOOD and EVIL

Keep regretting it forever because the pic is hilarious and it will never stop being posted.

You made it to the hall of fame of SMT memes.

understood, thanks for the input anons

FAILURE
A
I
L
U
R
E

What is your favorite 3DS megaten games
I like PQ because it's EO, I ignored the dialogue and loved the 3rd Stratum. The FOE's were too easy and boring though.
Also Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker because the 2nd story was really rather good and ended with a suitably "final" battle against the backup administrator of the universe also Fumi exists

>playing smt4
>have no fucking clue where to go half the time
>end up being 10 levels higher then i'm supposed to due to wandering around for 3 hours

PQ had really fantastic dungeons, so I'm tempted to go with that one. Pretty easy though.

Devil Survivor is my bread and butter.
It makes my heart happy.

Played Soul Hackers and IV but neither of them feel as good to me as Devil Survivor. Apocalypse is really nice though.

Dormarth a cute! I ain't a furry though.

Hot opinions
DeSu 1 had better story/atmosphere, and better individual characters.
DeSu 2 had better gameplay (Overclocked still felt pretty sloggy even with some of 2's changes) and a better overall cast. Also autistic bunny.

>mfw I still have t finished SMTIV even though I got it day one

I know this game can act as a stand alone but my autism prevents me from playing it until I finish IV

>hey guys, a meme character from 2 is back
>hey guys, a shitty extra boss from DDS saga 2 Is back
>oh look a new group of assholes in a plot-light jrpg series
>five routes that are the same shit, not the 6 unique endings like in Nocturne
>we fixed the artwork from IV that shouldn't be even a problem
>we fixed fusion, a main mechanic that fucking persona 4 and devil survivor had no fucking problems with
>hey hey hey, we fixed smirk, a crap mechanic that we retards will keep forcing on you
>we are still using the crap guest redesigns, just more edgy
>here's some more SMTsluts for you losers to draw porn too
>We also added a really ugly dyke for the MC this time around
>fuck megero, more of the shitty xylophone that completely fucks the 3ds speakers
Fuck this shit game, maybe that YouTube fag rasen will like it, but not real SMT fans

>I know this game can act as a stand alone but my autism prevents me from playing it until I finish IV
I totally get that man.
I missed out on a lot of shit because of this autism.
I hate it because there will certainly be easter eggs and references that will go over your head and I hate it when that happens.

Autistic bunny is always funny.

Diana got her nips removed. Then again that's been that way since forever in the west.

kek

>Save data bonus
It probably isn't even good. But I should've kept my copy. Ah well

I think some of the characters in DeSu2 are pretty good compared to the DeSu1 characters, namely non-Airi females, Joe, and Yamato. Ronaldo really dragged the game down by existing, fuck that guy. I preferred the story of 2 as well but I know I am a small minority there, Overclocked's story didn't really motivate me to continue much and was rather samey.

You think that's bad?
I picked up Strange Journey a week ago thinking I'd drop it again, but now I can't stop playing it.

I'm trying to finish it before Apocalypse officially releases for moralfags/people who didn't hack their 3DS.

FF13-2 does that a lot too.

You can friendzone Noel HARD in the first level. youtube.com/watch?v=3Hz3LoiAFtQ

And it just goes from there.

The first two Fallout games also let you pull shit like this with a low INT score.

Really wish more games would let you do retard runs.

do i have to play SMT4 before this one?

Yasuda's anti-grav tiddies are the best

Not really, but it is really recommended that you should.

About to order this shit via Amazon. Thank God I still have Prime so I don't have to go to FUCKING GAMESTOP to get it.

hmmm what you think user? should i?

Doesn't she wear a Chensongem or however you spell it?
Chinese seduction dress.

If you try to play Apocalypse first the SMT Gestapo will come to your house and kill you.

>Devil Survivor is my bread and butter.
I totally get you man DeSu was my gateway SMT game that I randomly found while looking for some good ds rpgs on the ds.

DDS was nothing but SJW shit before SJWs became known

Yes. Something like that.

You should.

>"real" SMT fans
>liking Nocturne
Nocturne is a fucking abomination of a spinoff masquerading as mainline

Cheongsam
yes she does

Are you guys hyped for this?

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-019629&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=fumi kanno$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I know I am.

Saving for future baitposting.

Long live shitposting, user.

Nigger
Edgy

jesus christ just play the damn game
or dont i dont care

Looks nice.

>WAAAHHHHHHH MUH SMT GAME ENDED UP ON A SONY SYSTEM SO IT'S BAD

Kill yourself cuck

The stupid fucking OP made me think the game was out.

I hope everyone in this thread gets raped.

All of the extra events on the NG+ were spectacular.
Finding out I could recruit Black Frost was also fun. My jaw dropped when I saw that.

If I were you I would definitely do it since my autism wouldn't allow me to play a continuation of a story without playing the first game.
Also a lot of backstory and references would fly over your head if you didn't play IV before hand and SMT IV is a pretty good game so there is no reason not to play it.
To give a bit of context the story of apocalyps begins right in the middle of the first games neutral ending, like right before the mc of the previous game would raid the final dungeon.

>dlc already
Fuck Atlus.

Neo Persona Survivor 2 was shit,I dropped it on like day 3. It didnt have the atmosphere of being trapped in the apocalypse.Maybe it got better, but it was shit.

Damn it, its the autistic Fumi fag again

YES
>9000 yen
aight I'll just cut my food budget

>SMT
>Someone dies
>Claims its a spoiler

Nigga they almost always have a route where you can go full edge lord and kill them yourself. Thats like saying the sky is blue.

It is out for the patricians.

I couldnt care any less about the system it was on
More about the fact it has almost zero elements to mark it as mainline

>he hasn't hacked his 3DS yet

lmaoing @ your life

t. trumpeter

How much is the game? I need to know the damage in order to sate my hunger

>Finding out I could recruit Black Frost was also fun
I didn't even knew Black frost existed untill I read it somewhere online and I beated the game twice.

felt the same way about overclocked tbqh, there wasn't any motivation for me to continue

Probably a full price 3DS game.
But for piratefags right now, nothing.

FUCK YOU LUXUROR SCUM

I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK

You get shit for having saves? Fuck that's cool. I wonder if I still have my saves.

Is there a list for what you get?
What do you get if you chose the nothing ending?

I love Fumi!

What sector are you on?

>Neo Persona Survivor 2
Wanna know how I know you are under aged?

>dlc already
Well, yeah. Game's been out for a while in Nipland, user. Did you think we were getting a simultaneous international release or something?

I'm fighting Ouroboros as I type this.

he said neo in a context not referring to something actually named as such
you don't actually have to explain it I'll do it

>Neo Persona Survivor 2

That's nice.

Well you'd be wrong, but if you're defending that piece of shit I'm not surprised to see retardation.

It is for Piratefags.
They usually get games a few days early due to leaks and the like

Hero’s Piercings X 1 (Equipment)
Gold Death Mask X 2 (you can sell them to earn some money)
Magic Tome (Thick) (gives you XP): you get a tome for each time you beat Shin Megami Tensei IV. For example, if you beat it three times (to get the three routes), you will get three Magic Tomes.
Exclusive background for your DDS Card (that you can share with other players via StreetPass)
Exclusive Title for your DDS Card. The title you get depends on the route you completed in Shin Megami Tensei IV
More bonuses

So nothing story related. Just a bunch of bonus items.

good user

how are the NPCs in Apocalypse?

You're right. It's Nu Personal Survivor 2

>persona survivor

I want to play this but I haven't played IV yet. Am I making a terrible mistake?

Wouldn't a luxuror be the one to buy the game and mock piratefags for being too poor to buy it?
Walter, you're drunk, go home before you cast Agi on the wrong demon again

I do believe he may have been referring to the fact that instead of simply saying you don't like it or you think it's bad, you used an idiotic term that sounds childish and stupid.

Sector E is one of the hardest design wise, but it's going to a lot harder.
You may end up using cheats for the final boss. I did, because it was broken as fuck. Aside from that it was fun.

Nope, it's been fixed thankfully. Clear roads with contrasting colors, multiple bridges to connect regions, etc.

>He tries to make a shitty quip
Yep, definitely reeks of underage Cred Forumstard

Just getting demons isn't that much of cheating, just skipping annoying grinding for abilities.

>You may end up using cheats for the final boss. I did, because it was broken as fuck.

>Stephen stands up

Jesus fuck you know shits about to go down when that happens.

>All the protags
Is this legit? Can you actually fight with the previous protags? Whats going on in this image?

You're gonna be so mad when you defeat her

>I hate it because there will certainly be easter eggs and references that will go over your head and I hate it when that happens.
That's actually true.

Now stop being a useless autist, and use that autism to let you finish the game in record time.

Aside from your retarded term, I thought it had a more severe feeling in consequence compared to DeSu1.
The human race was in danger of being enslaved/taken over by YHVH's minions in 1
The universe was almost completely erased in 2, and at one point the entirety of existence is gone with only one young man left.

>Eridanus
Hahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't fucking remind me.
Please.

Is there an easier skill to recruit demons other than Scout
Getting rather tedious to negotiate a ton of times because of the retarded War compedium prices

All the protags are DLC. I forget but I believe they're free as well

These maps weren't even that bad

Basically Stephen brought all the protags together for one big bang of a fight. That's just the first party. You have your own second party to deal with his shit too.

You can't recruit the protags themselves (I don't think anyway but that might have changed) but the thing is the data for them is all already there, the hard part's done. It's really just a matter of tweaking the save file like some sort of Pokesav shit to get them into your regular stock.

>Mister no personality is upset hes not reprinted

I more upset Bunny or Able is not in than anything.

Is gun still OP/broken?
Or was luck the broken stat?

I somehow managed to beat her my first try since all I did was throw debuffs and fire at her.

Am I gonna have to fight her again?
Cause that shit was getting kinda stressful with all the hama attacks.
Oh fuck she's alive.

Look at it in retrospect it isn't that bad.
But having to go through that the first fucking time almost made me cry because I got super frustrated and was too stubborn to put it down and come back later.

>Basically Stephen brought all the protags together for one big bang of a fight.

Is this a stupid bonus thing or is this Stephan being a sneaky mother fucker like he always is and has a point to it?

I wish all the DeSu manga and anime wasn't so shitty. For two games with really good stories they managed to fuck up horribly when adapting them.

>Flynn is lowest HP but highest MP despite physical focus being his objective best build
>Demifiend is built like a caster
>Mr. Hard-Knock Life isn't tankiest
What did Atlus mean by this?

Does Soul Hackers counts? If yes then SH it is.

Always.
I was hyped as fuck to find him so early on in SMT IV.

>Mister no personality

every megaten mc?

She is like that in Japan too

Can I play this if I've never played another SMT game?

>megaten
yes, megaten means everything, not just SMT

can someone who went Law on SJ tell me how to beat Tiamat

Someone please tell me if you can go back to that upside building where they were farming people and blasted/infernal Tokyo. I'm gonna be mad if you go to every other 4 area but those.

Ehhhhhhhh Sure they are blank slates all but even then they have their quirks and underlying personality. He was just nothing. He was the blankest of blank slates.

Yes, but you should try out IV

No user it'll stop you and ask for your SMT license and you'll be arrested if you don't have at least 2 more played.

Yes, but it's a sequel to 4

1st person battles in rpgs are lazy shit and make games unplayable for me

He was a soldier trying to keep it cool while everyone else was being retarded.
His reactions to waifufaggot are gold too.

Yes, but you should really play SMT IV first.

I would let Fumi Fumi experiment on me all night long.

Literally my only waifu. I never understood fanboys until her.

Have you played anything Megaten related like Persona, Devil Survivor, Strange Journey, ect?

I'd recommend playing IV first if that's a yes.
If a no I'd recommend playing IV first anyway.

>beat infinity snake after 13 tries
>tiamot bodies me harder than ever

Play SMTIV first. Its a good starting point.

It's called: dump points into LUCK

Sometimes it takes time for the one to come along user.
I'd let her try and unzip my jacket

>Flying magic laptops

God I fucking love his artwork.

I really hope you're ready for that user.

>give him "that"
>he takes Asahi

Up till mem aleph, it's all a matter of luster candy/debilitate.
Then she appears, rapes your ass and forces you to basically redo your whole team and most likely grind a ton.

Well I know what I'm fapping to tonight

Oh ok thats still nice. Was wondering if this was going to be a Golden Sun situation where if you didn't have the save you literally get fucked over.

Why does she have computers flying around her?

If she treats me like fuck boy I am SO ready.

ok boyz
starting SMTIV now, should i follow a walkthrough or just pray for the best ending?

Magic.

Good.

You mean you dont have computers flying around you?

Supposedly all the protags are all from failed timelines (for example the Demi-Fiend is one that died to Lucy) and the fight's his own way of buffing them up and giving them another chance to fix their timelines.

Promo art. She normally carries several laptops under her coat in the story, as seen when she beats the shit out of trumpeter.

That's basically how it was in the Japanese version wasn't it?
In the English version, when do characters start referring to him in text as YHVH. Everyone has just been saying Creator God so far.

Follow your heart

Damn that's pretty cool. I always like meeting Stephan in SMT games. I wish he got more visibility and we got to see him do more shit. But then that would kinda ruin his charm. He is basically a god at this point.

>pray
take the law route user, he'll answer your prayers

If you are talking about SMT IV I already all routes like a year ago although it did took me a year to actually play it after I bought it,
I was just talking about sequels in general.

The power of yasuda horrible artstyle

First run in a SMT game? Always answer as you yourself honestly would. Only aim for specific endings in subsequent runs.

It's best to go into IV blind.
Depending on your point of view, all the endings are the "Best" ending.

Also hope you have fun with pic related.

Pick now because you can fuck up from the start.

All the endings have their good points even the Bring it all back to nothing. ending.

go blind faget

He actually is a god.

A Buddha to be exact. He's the one franchise spanning character that hasn't died.

hey anti grav tiddies are great

>Real SMT fan
>Thinks Megami Ibunroku Persona is SMT

Whoo boy I am laffin

Medusa is harder and you don't even get good artwork to enjoy

You're in luck. She's basically made just for you.

No, you should play SMT IV first.
Otherwise just get Dragon Quest 7 if you need an rpg to play

so can i side with the pepetheistic alliance or no

>Minotaur
This was nothing.
That fucking side-quest where you had to carry the coffin out while Seth was chasing you on the other hand...
Pic related still gives me nightmares

Eurofag here. If I had a EUR .cia for SMT IV is it possible for me to import my save data for the special features using a region free USA .cia of SMT IV: Apocalypse?

Based minotaur, reminding me that debuffs exist for a reason.

fucked it up
meant this for if
youtube.com/watch?v=2eGazzxcp3I

Which is why I fell for her. She hits all the right spots for me. Play the game just turned into me playing to get to the next scene with Fumi.

What are his ultimate goals? Or does he just look after humanity as a whole in all the different time lines?

>tfw Fate 5'd her first despite knowing I should focus on Io
She lived anyway

>thought she was wearing teal bloomers
>open pic
GODDAMNIT

Seems you ended up liking her a lot.

Atlus kicked out that sjw fag. I think he unfortunately works for Nintendo Treehouse now.

>Angel was a Lv3 demon in IV.
>it's a Lv 82 demon in Apocalypse.
What the fuck?

Probably because of the one in the trailer

Well like I said she is the only waifu I've ever had. I didn't understand the waifu culture until her. I can completely understand why some guys just lose it over a not real girl.

It actually kinda hurts I will never meet a girl like Fumi in real life.

The power of recolor

The one with black bondage is the lvl 82. Blue bondage is still low level.

>I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE A CRIP
Fucking bloods.

my little sister and I were fighting about who could claim fumi when we played it

This shit happens across the games. I'm pretty sure they just arbitrarily change their levels to what the fuck ever each game.

Thats pretty hot user.

no fumi is
focus user

>games where Tam Lin is stronger than Cu Chulainn

Just waiting on the dlc now

>games where Tam Lin exists
his greenness makes me mad

weeb here
better than persona 5 and i am not joking
Nanashi is greato

>Played SMT IV when it came out
>Played it for a year on and off
>Dropped it for uni stuff
>mfw trying to go back and remember what the fuck I was doing

The last thing I remember was activating some terminal, and getting to a shrine that was guarded by a field of poison, and had some level 110 demon in there that was guarding a sword or something.

>SMT is better than Persona
I'm not really surprised.
Good luck on avoiding spoilers though.

your mom is greato
haha take that
also pretty sure most people in this thread already think that

When you go to save Flynn, Odin is the first to say YHVH.

I heard this game has a lewd loli

Can I go WORLD OF STR in this game without gimping myself? I liked IV, but being so limited in play style was crap

Thanks user

They changed it so STR affects sword attacks and physical skills, and DEX affects gun attacks and gun skills.

You heard correctly.

Who /guns/ here?

Why even ask? You always go WURLD OF STR in SMT, no matter what

This is the only good build

What good gun skills are there? All I have are an AoE, a medium damage skill, buffs/heals, and mainly just spamming regular shoot with a bazooka which usually does more than my skills anyway.

What's a fun build to do in Apocalypse?
I did Magic in SMTIV, and I also did Mag/Vit in DDS and Mag/Agi in DeSu Overclocked so I want to switch it up a bit.

I want to go with a phys build, but I am kinda on the fence on going dex or str since I can't dump everything in dex anymore.

>balanced

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP

DELET THIS
YOU MAKE ME VERY ANGRY

These pics never fail to make me laugh.
Keep up the good work!

Do I still have to use MP for physical skills?

Can I play this without playing IV?

You could, but I don't see why you'd want to.

Needle shot seems to always crit with me so I'm having a blast with that.
But then I went balls to the wall with luck too.

Anyone else think Cred Forums's obsession with censorship is kind of extreme these days?

I mean, I'm as in favor of purity of vision as the next guy, but it stopped being about that long ago. It's clearly just one more thing to bitch about

Mem Aleph ain't no joke man
I grinded my ass off to kill her, but I don't disparage people that didnt'

Why does it bother people so much? Sure it's not the absolute best min/max build but it could be worse.

lmaooo nigga looks like edward scissorhands

pls stop

I've been seeing this asked a lot lately.
Are people interested in the game because of the box art or something?

But yes, you CAN play Apocalypse without playing IV, but I'd recommend playing IV.

now you seriously fucked up

I think it's time to stop

>he doesn't dump all of his points into LUCK

explain yourselves right now

>Finished repelling snake-fuck for the first time
>Decide to fuse some demons because lol +9 fusion levels
>Getting some good shit
>Decide to fuse Brigid into a Hariti
>Fusion error
>Get Yoshitsune, but lose out on all my Mag users
Fuck.

>but it could be worse
In what way?

So what build is best? Str and melee, dex and gun, or magic?

I have a question is it possible to get a data from a regular 3ds and pass it to a hacked one?
I have an SMTIV save on my regular 3ds but Apocalypse on the hacked one

>tfw I ALWAYS go balanced
>tfw I've beaten every SMT game I've ever played with a balanced build

It just never feels like I'm gimping myself even though Cred Forums freaks out. I had one user write out a five post rant on how it was impossible to beat Strange Journey with a balanced build. He said I hacked the game when I showed him my save.

Max agility

I miss that guy

you hurt me pls stop

LUK

Max luck or agi

I AM ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT BUILDS

Apparently they're all pretty viable, although I haven't heard much on Dex. Str/Luk leads to a lot of crits late game. Mag is almost always good regardless, and really useful for support/hitting weaknesses.

Can you actually do builds in SJ? I thought stats were randomly assigned on leveling with a few questions at the beginning slightly influencing what you get.

But user, I did.
I have a full party of faries too.

World of Stronk I guess then

I'm running dex/luck right now. I'm at level 46 and it's been working out pretty well for me so far.

Although my guy has just become a tetrakarn machine during boss fights.

Do you get something in Apocalypse for having a save from IV?

He jobbed to Lucifer during the boss battle and Stephen took pity on him. Jobber is lucky that Stephen went easy on him

Yeah, you get a few items, nothing too important

Str/Mag

Why don't Aniel or Kazfiel have legs? It looks weird as fuck.

Legs are just for show.

But they look so weird without them

Because that's actually how the designs they were based on look.

so what's the best build ? is it still dex ?

Agi/Luc

>Guy who did the undub won't do it to the cutscenes
>Unlikely for somebody else to pick up the undubbing now

Why.

You mean there were people who didn't go full ma?

How do you get that outfit set?

Is it true that you can sex Ashera?

saw an user post about snu snu day or two ago and didn't get a response

Yeah.

THROW THE KEY

Just fused tiamat and she's got eight tittles.

Between Scout+ and Scout Bonus I think I'm actually making a net profit off demon recruiting.

Please don't tell me people are actually serious about Luck builds

Crits for days dude, if you're building Stronk it's basically necessary to pump Luck too

Isn't it just dragging files from the jp version to the us version?

currently at level 25 with every single point crammed into luck. I'm having a blast.

This character is just disgusting.

Yeah.

She sure is, please post more.

thumbnail looks like thicc asses

But she's disgusting user.

So, from this releasing, and from the feedback we've gotten about P5, could Apocalypse end up being the victorious underdog?

>there's no way to add English subtitles to the Japanese cutscenes without losing the 3D effect.
What a retarded reason, who cares about the 3D? Maybe someone else will do it if it's easy, sounds like he already tried.

with three cheeks
user.

Is it time to DOKI DOKI THE TOKI?

He was so fucking Rad especially with all the yelling he does during his fight. It was like 90's Xmen.

I will, but only because you asked nicely.

>Apocalypse doesn't have Goro

Loses immediately, best lawfag not even in mainline.

I love the 3D but I'd give it up for some good subs

someone pls help

Who "World of DEX" here?

>two mages

lame-ho

Having two mages is the least of that party's worries.

Damn that girl has a flat chest

Would you fuck Toki with the mask on or off?

WHERE IS YOUR LUCK SON!
GOING FULL DEX IS FINE AND DANDY BUT YOUR CRIT IS WEAK!
TRUST IN YOUR GOD! THE GOD OF RANDOM NUMBERS!
Actually you're doing fine as is, good job.

with the mask on me

Both. Mask on first though.

are there any good megaten manga or anime
DeSu1 and 2's sucked ass

The SMT IV mangas are pretty cool

the nonexistent Strange Journey movie trilogy is great

As far as I know, no.
Adaptions of games are rarely good and even if they are not complete garbage you are usually better of playing the game.

No.

It is very retarded, indeed. Right now I'm focusing on DQVII, so hopefully a kind soul will be able to fix the undub at some point.

Not really good no.
Although there was one set in a school where Loki is blatantly dicking with the "detective" sent after him.

>phys skills STILL cost MP
What the flying fuck is the point of low MP demons, they can barely do anything, at least hp/mp healing is plentiful and easy I suppose

>321 dex
>Gun 111
Anyways how many new demons are in this one compared to 4?

ok I'll try it
Dangit
Would've thought that a series based on a novel would have some good stuff like that

It's meant to be like how you see wizards sometimes with Books floating around them.

I might be retarded.
Where is the second entrance into West Shinjuku Park? I got in one way, but I'm on the opposite side of the barriers and I can't do shit.

The good stuff lies in the games

>Nocturne
>Abomination
>Saying that while posting in an SMT: No VIT thread

>For two games with really good stories
Those games had 10x the cringe of Persona.

But Soul Hackers was originally a Saturn game, and then also a PS1 game. This isn't a Nintoddler thing.

I suppose.
Regardless of your opinion on them, they did a terrrible job adapting them. I rather liked both of them, although 1's was a mite slow.

>Fuse a high STR demon
>Give it a few single target magics to get press-turns
>Low MP pool means that I generally use up all my MP on magic before I can actually use any phys skills
Is there a passive skill that fixes this that I'm unaware of or do I just have to deal with it?

skill smoother should help.

Oh boy, I sure won't use that to break the game over my knee, goddamn.

The Raidou manga was pretty good.

At least the few chapters that are translated were.

The only way to get High HP/Low MP Demons to work (In IV vanilla that is) is to make sure they have High Str and High Luck and just use normal attacks.

And here I thought the JoJo influence only affected Persona

>What the flying fuck is the point of low MP demons

The devs have no idea what they're doing. This game sells on appealing to Old SMT fans with it's "edgy" story, not on gameplay.

And the best part you can get most of them early as fuck like 9 levels higher before you are even level 20 or so
It foes 1-2-4-6-9-12-15 so it gets even better.

And don't fall for the mp recovery app trap
Also is Luck actually useful?
Honestly on my full MAG build I really wasn't noticing that much of a damage increase from my 170 MAG compared to a demon's 50 or so, seems + bonuses matter a lot more

what is he driving

Every user here will try to ruse you into thinking luck is only useful for crits. do NOT believe them. Luck is the most important skill behind str/dex.

A car with the top half cut off.

ok
he seems like a fun guy

>tfw no Daddy Dagna

EU release when? Me and my friends are really excited to pick up this game!

>Atlus game
>EU
Pick one.