Why isn't this available on anything else?

Why isn't this available on anything else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=et8Rw01LvzI
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k
youtube.com/watch?v=ABvMsCV10W4
youtube.com/watch?v=orsYBMvYqmc
youtube.com/watch?v=BXJtUZuix-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=sC-55ZEmoKs
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-29-niers-sequel-will-have-all-the-weirdness-of-the-original-and-a-little-more-polish
youtube.com/watch?v=wlFTRLKboFo
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqey0mQNttw
youtube.com/watch?v=zxgyKWVIWVI&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_xJr1aW60&index=1&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM
youtube.com/watch?v=ijAs6HgAYG8&index=9&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM
youtube.com/watch?v=HGQHodgcjwA&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=W2musgrIYUg&index=46&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM
youtube.com/watch?v=GwYYyXSya38
youtube.com/watch?v=7gO_UWn9GUU&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM&index=48
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
youtube.com/watch?v=ON8NBPD-Iks
youtube.com/watch?v=K6OKs0zvj88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It emulates well.

Unless you want to run it at anything higher than native res.

An improved version that removes the terrible gameplay is available on youtube.

I'm convinced anyone who says DoD1s gameplay is so bad has never played a musou, because thats really all it is.

Here's how you spot tertiary underage.

musou is terrible though

>plays like shit
>awfully dissonant music
>repetitive as fuck
>every character is the fucking worst person on planet drakengard
>Ending E

>it's a masterpiece in the end

Is Yoko Taro the true visionary?

It's called Midgard.

yeah a really really really shitty musou

because its fucking awful and should be forgotten

funny way to say the best game in its series

I'm saying this as someone who started with Nier

Hahaha

>I'm saying this as someone who started with Nier
wtf

You better be goddamn right, I'm fixing to fire it up here in a minute.

Are you ready to numb your mind?

youtube.com/watch?v=et8Rw01LvzI

Because the game is garbage, OP. Most of your time you just grind your weapon levels on map 1 while that awful 8 second loop plays over and over again.

You dont have to upgrade your weapon levels.

Furiae? Furiae!? What is a world without Furiae!?

It only started emulating decently somewhat recently, and you STILL need a stronger rig than average just to run it without significant frame drops.

That's my shit right there.

Drakengard 3 was pretty poor but at least they made the music much, much better.

This is my ringtone.

Even among musous, it wasn't particularly good. This is coming from someone who LIKES musous.

Try not to feel the need to defend it. Almost nobody who liked the original Drakengard in the first place liked it for the gameplay, with few exceptions. Most of us came for the madness.

Hey I'm thinking about emulating these games.Is drakengard 2 any good or should I skip it?

How the fuck do i emulate ps2 games and where do i aquire rom

It's a super shitty musou and musou is already braindead garbage.

This game is really fucking bad and clunky even compared to games that came out in the same era like dynasty warriors 3.

I emulate it at 1080p and it works fine, with a few graphical glitches when loading/after death.

BEHOLD! A WILD EVERGRACE OST!

youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k

There is absolutely no reason to play Drakengard 2, ever.

same my i5 2500k/750ti toaster runs it fine at 60fps and 3x internal res, dont know what these people are talking about.

It's so fucking mediocre it hurts, doubly so because it's not hard to see how easy it would be to take the game up a notch. The weapon system, unique magicks, and dragon mounting are all solid ideas weighed down by the utter lack of mobility. I did think flight missions were enjoyable though, but I'd never recommend someone play Drakengard for the gameplay.

You should at least watch the few cutscenes and get your ass kicked in by Caim.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABvMsCV10W4

Not really defending it, I know the game isnt the best but when I see people saying its the worst thing ever made I just cant help but feel either A) they didnt play it and B) didnt even bother to learn how to play it. Dont be retarded and try to kill everything on the map an you'll breeze through the game.

The only time it even gets remotely grindy is when you're going for Ending E, otherwise its pretty standard.

>What is a world without Furiae!?
A world without song.

Everything about Drakengard appears to be created by a crazy person and its amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=orsYBMvYqmc
youtube.com/watch?v=BXJtUZuix-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=sC-55ZEmoKs

It has really nailed how unpredictable, yet still rhythmic everything feels.

LOL ok, then you just take thrice as long to kill things and circle-strafe forever.

I'd actually call the game some kind of art. One of the very few games I would actually call art, and I don't even think it was intentionally made as such, but rather, can be considered art as a result of the choices made during its development with regards to visual and audio asset design and the writing.

I know that folks' hair tends to stand on end whenever the word art is used to describe a game, but I legitimately consider Drakengard 1 to be one of very few examples of a game BEING art in the medium. That is, "art", the more disturbing and warped kind, defined and molded by the sorts of thought processes that go into its creation, as opposed to the kind crafted with considerable skill and finesse, like the first Bayonetta, which is more a WORK of art, of skilled craftsmanship, rather than art itself, or the kind that results in shows of skill that could be considered "performance as art" such as you might find in some player versus player games (typically fighting) or games that allow a level of creativity and showmanship outside of its base requirements for simple beginning to end completion (such as Bayonetta, again).

That Yoko Taro has a tendency to use his games as a way for he himself go explore ideas and questions says a lot about why and how the games were made the way they were, and how they can be taken apart to examine Yoko's motivations. But that's not all there is to it. Yoko took what were at the time considered staples of many different games, particularly musous, and flipped them on their head. He didn't just flip them, he went beyond the same extreme in the opposite direction. Instead of your party members congratulating you for mercilessly slaughtering everyone, they call you a bloodthirsty madman. Instead of hype rock music getting you pumped, it's a very deliberately-designed dissonant mess designed to put you on edge. Instead of actually resolving situations, further progression consistently makes everything WORSE.

I love it.

Why don't modern games have the balls to make stories and plots so crazy and characters so fucking insane?

Its all about le irony now. Drakengard is that last shred of 90s edge with a Japanese flavor.

I actually agree with you on this one. It's one of those games that are unironically art.

>B) didnt even bother to learn how to play it. Dont be retarded and try to kill everything on the map an you'll breeze through the game.
See, this immediately reads as "the game is being criticized, so the players must be unskilled/making bad decisions". That you follow up with "the only time it gets remotely grindy" only supports this interpretation of your words.

When people call it a bad game, it's not because they themselves are bad at the game, it's because Drakengard, especially with regards to other games AT THE TIME OF ITS RELEASE, was a clunky and unpolished mess, and is, as a GAME, unsatisfying. It is, mechanically, extremely simple with the only real gimmick allowing you to change up the pace being the existence of the dragon.

The only real draw to completing the game is the cast of characters and how shitty the world is. Drakengard's atmosphere is rare and strange, with a certain quality to it. Many people, aside from the gameplay itself, may feel put off completion of the game from the atmosphere alone, created from the graphical design and soundtrack - intentionally so, but that isn't really indicative of its quality as a GAME.

Drakengard is a good EXPERIENCE. It is not, however, a good game. Far from it.

I don't think you'd someone to fund, much less someone to publish a game with cannibals, genocide, pedophiles and racism.

How the fuck people can be this retarded? Why the fuck you even write that question here WHEN YOU COULD JUST TYPE IT IN GOOGLE YOU DUMB UNDERAGE/NORMIE FAGGOT

True masochists should not balk at something like an older platform.

if you're not a true masochist, you have no business playing Drakengard anyway.

>Drakengard is a good EXPERIENCE. It is not, however, a good game. Far from it.

That's pretty much it.

Most people play games because they enjoy the direct interactivity, not because they want an "experience".

I understand what they tried to do with drakengard but due to the fact that it plays like booty butt cheeks, it'll never be as great as it could have been. I think the idea that "oh but it's supposed to play like shit so you don't have fun" is kinda bullshit.

It's kind of bullshit, but it's also partly the truth. The other part of that truth being that Cavia were kind of not great at their jobs. In fact, Yoko Taro spent a lot of time arguing and getting frustrated with Cavia when it came to game development.

So it's half "cavia was not great" and half "yoko taro intentionally wanted to turn standard conventions around and make the game less enjoyable overall."

You never once saw me say its not a bad game, my point was the people who say its completely unplayable are really just exaggerating. Kane and Lynch games are overall pretty bad games, but they're still pretty functional and worth a play, same with Drakengard.

> That you follow up with "the only time it gets remotely grindy" only supports this interpretation of your words.

The game gets accused of being grind when the only time grinding is required is to get Ending E. Otherwise its not much different than other games where you kill a bunch of enemies to reach the next level. The game even makes things easy for you by highlighting the enemies you actually do need to kill.

Infact the only thing I''d really change about it is adding checkpoint between each objective, since you can die and have to restart the entire level which can be a drag.

You would, if depending on how negatively you presented it.

Not the "Yeah.. So?" way where they think you're a idiot for getting bothered by it it it's presented in DoD1

user, this isn't a YGYL thread.

>Most people play games because they enjoy the direct interactivity, not because they want an "experience".

Aren't those two things one in the same?

MANAH!

Because good games belong on a Sony Playstation. All you PCucks would do well to learn this.

fuck off, these are sacred grounds

Don't respond to shitposters. Report and move on.

When are we getting a game/novel/manga about the Wacky adventures of Caim and Punished Mana?

My apologies for misinterpreting your words, then.

>people who say its completely unplayable are really just exaggerating.
Agreed. Then again, Cred Forums as a whole has a penchant for completely blowing things out of proportion, so I tend not to think about it much and just write it off as exaggeration.

>The game gets accused of being grind
Eh, I've never actually seen this accusation before. The only criticisms I've ever seen levied against it is for its extremely simplistic and clunky battle system and its music. Then again, I've never actually read reviews from other websites towards Drakengard so who knows how that shifts the attitude towards the game.

Not really. Narrative-driven games typically based more in presenting the player with an experience dotted with the illusion of direct interactivity, when in reality the direct interaction is merely a gate to the next situation.

A game which is first and foremost a game, and a game which is first and foremost an experience, there are these two different types of games. Of course, a game game can be considered an experience, and an experience game can have more game to it. Such is the nature of such a widely-spread medium with so many different parts to it that so many different things can come to be despite all being games.

Basically, are you playing for the feeling of playing it? Or are you playing for the sake of experiencing something new?

TF2, for instance, is a game first and foremost. It is not designed to be an experience.

Axiom Verge is both a game AND an experience.

Undertale is first and foremost an experience, with the "game" being quite subdued in favour of the narrative.

>dear diary
>today I stabbed Caim in the eye
>and he beat me black and blue until I sounded like an old man again
>P.S. Fuck Seere that

>Basically, are you playing for the feeling of playing it? Or are you playing for the sake of experiencing something new?

Okay. I can understand making a distinction between those two.

this game deserves to be rebooted with decent gameplay, the story and art are just too cool

>In fact, Yoko Taro spent a lot of time arguing and getting frustrated with Cavia when it came to game development.

Source?

Its a shame that Taro insists on not making the same game twice. A remade Drakengard 1 with improved mechanics and level design would easily be one of the best games ever made.

I agree completely.

Is it just me, or is the dialogue in Drakengard 1 very disjointed and weirdly translated? For example, when you beat Inuart in Chapter 6, he shouts "THE WATCHERS CANNOT FLY!", and I have absolutely no idea what he meant by that, and it makes no sense for him to insult the Watchers when he's under their possession.

Even saw characters converse in a Tomino anime?
It's like that, it doesn't make sense, just roll with it.

Yoko Taro himself when he describes working with Platinum on Nier Automata. He said that he spent most of his time working on the Cavia games getting frustrated and angry at the people making the game, but that Platinum's work has been so fantastic that he's had no complaints and basically has nothing to do but get drunk and do writing.

I can't remember which video or interview in particular was the one he said it. If I find it, I'll reply again.

>DO THE WATCHERS LAUGH TOO?

I hope we get a Drakengard 4, I absolutely love the lore of these games

TOGETHER WITH MOTHER

We could go even further back to the age of Gods vs Dragons or during the Great Collapse

I hope that Drakengard 4 returns to the grimdark atmosphere the first game had.

I want that, but I really wouldn't mind the silly atmosphere of 3 again either.

>"It's interesting," Taro chimes in. "All the time I spent on the original getting angry at the development team, obviously Platinum's removed that by working so well, so I spend that time drinking. In the end it hasn't really changed how much work I do. But when I drink I make better games, so that's okay."

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-29-niers-sequel-will-have-all-the-weirdness-of-the-original-and-a-little-more-polish

I think I remember another interview where he went into greater depth about it, but this is all I could find on short notice.

I think he might actually be talking about the original Nier here though, rather than DoD1.

>Gods vs Dragons
>get to play as the dragons
>get to assert your absolute dominance over even the so-called "gods" of the world

This is my fetish, but unfortunately I know it'll go unfulfilled once again.

3 was nice, but it was a little too lighthearted in comparison to the first one.

The point of the thread was that it isn't even on PSN

My Taroverse lore is getting kinda rusty, but I remember Dragons being the Watcher's servants until 'something happened'

Should I play 1 and 2 or can I jump straight to 3?

>2
what?

You should play 2 first, wait for Automata, then play 3, then oriignal Nier, then 1.

Retard

Lol I can't wait for all you falseflagging sonyggers to get purged when Hiroshima makes Cred Forums great again

I wouldn't mind having themes like that but knowing how the current gaming environment is, they can only project those qualities on the bad guys who get killed horribly, touch on it very lightly, or have that one bad character have a redemption arc at the end of the game.

Yoko Taro also doesn't just add these themes for edge or to make some grand political statement, it's just something that he feels is never explored. He asks why not when others ask why.

My head hurts from listening to this.

Mission Accomplished.

I unironically listen to this OST regularly.
And enjoy it.

Does the OST instill unexplained bursts of anger within you?

Me too. It's a legit 10/10 and there's nothing weird about liking it.

My God this game was a fucking ride.
Get a party filled with crazy fuckers and giant marble babies.

No wonder Nier was so fucked up too.

I can agree that it is good but not 10/10 since not all of the samples are in high quality.
I guess you can argue that it is intended that way.

Nier is the sequal to this following the secret ending where Ciam and Angelus kill the Grotequrie Queen in our reality and then get blasted out of the sky.
The ashes from the blast hit the Queen which began the plague that nearly wiped out humanity and made the creation of Shades (who are humans) and the Gesalts/Replicants I forget what they're called (who are artificial human bodies) which lead to the world of Nier.

Still pretty impressive that Taro pulled Nier from a joke ending in Drakengard that was pushed in at the last minute and even created the lore about the aftermath of it 1,000 years after it happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlFTRLKboFo

youtube.com/watch?v=Rqey0mQNttw

I finished DoD2 for these 2 minutes.

I'm honestly more impressed that it's getting a sequel and that Replicants and Shades joind forces because Aliens attacked. Said sequel makes you play as an android that is meant to genocide aliens left on earth.
Despite the guy being some new level of misanthrope I can't fault him.

>every character is the worst person
>Leonhard likes little kids, but feels like shit for it
>Gives in on ONE day, loses his entire family, loses his sight, gains the most unhelpful, hateful familiar in existence.
>Watches his teammates slaughter children but still conducts himself with restraint well into the second game

how is he the worst person

sorry, LISTENS TO* his teammates slaughter children

I like money too, but I don't go around stealing it just yet.

All he does is whine and moan but never does anything about it.
Kinda like Verdelet who does nothing but whine and moan about doomsdays and whatnot but does nothing about it.

>I like money, but I don't go around stealing it
What does that have to do with anything?

Feeling remorse about the act doesn't excuse the act.

>try to do something about it
>get kicked in the face by Caim

Stuck between a boot and a hard place those two are.

That's probably the only few games i'll say just go on youtube to watch the story.

It's literally the shittiest musou like game you can find and musou games are shit themselves.

Also you forgot to mention how he sacrifices himself in the coolest fucking way possible to save the gang from the watchers
Also remember, this dude managed to control himself completely and with no problem while Seere was around constantly.

Leonard was a Pedo but a good person.
Verdelet keeps complaining all the time "MUH SEAL" "MUH GODDESS" but he's also super useless and does nothing but mistakes.
I mean i still love him but fuck.
(Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that Verdelet used to love his hair so much he had to give it up in a pact? Some people give their voice, sight, uterus and he just gives up his amazing luscious hair. What a hero)

Why did the guy not just write books instead?

Why does he bother telling grand stories through shitty games?

I have no idea what you're talking about. According to the wiki page, he masturbated in the woods on the day of his family's death

Why are Danganroppa posters such underage?

>older brother buys drakengard over a decade ago
>watch him play it
>he's having a miserable time
>borrow it from it to judge it
>I'm having a miserable time

i think I was 14 or 15, but jesus fuck.

Neat.

OST and visual medium.
Then again he could have gone with a VN in that case, but he probably just wants you to ride dragons and boars.

>he wants you to ride dragons

Can you blame him?

Why are Legna and Mikhail so inferior to this classy lady?

I'm not the only one that was impressed when they seamlessly got on and off the dragon, right?

Keep being mad but Taro made awful games.

He even tells you fags to watch Nier on youtube himself.

He's lucky as shit Platinum are working with him now.

I liked it alot.

>tfw airdropping in the middle of those shitheads and throwing magic left and right

There should be awards for dedicated reporting of shitposting, like no post queue for a few minutes for non-GOLD members.

Fu. Ri. Ae.

youtube.com/watch?v=zxgyKWVIWVI&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM&index=2

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_xJr1aW60&index=1&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM

even the weapon select and mission select are awesome!

youtube.com/watch?v=ijAs6HgAYG8&index=9&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM

level three ground, love the chant

Was I the only one that was confused by how anime the second was?

She's the perfect dragon: an enormous scaled jewel who spits equal amounts of fire and insults towards humankind. Her sultry voice only adds to the effect.

Legna is nothing but a boring monster and Mikhail is merely an idealistic child.

Not really.

Too bad about the ending where she goes full retard in Chaos form in Mana's crib and you gotta smack her.

What even happened there, why the sudden fucking change in personality.

How do I emulate this game in HD without the bottom of the screen cutting off?

Her desire to wrap the world in scaly wings along with the rest of her kind became too strong for her to endure. I can't blame her for that either; it's an admirable thing to become desperate to do.

I played it in software mode on a 40" screen.

It enhances the experience!

youtube.com/watch?v=HGQHodgcjwA&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM&index=25

yes, yes

youtube.com/watch?v=W2musgrIYUg&index=46&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM

youtube.com/watch?v=GwYYyXSya38

Caim's sword has more DNA than the fucking Amazon.

Not if you did a pacifist run without killing.

Why are the dragon segments so much more fun than everything else?

>youtube.com/watch?v=7gO_UWn9GUU&list=PL8_dFsE09Vx-sK5HJcdSAxIhZ0723iAxM&index=48
>Babies start cooing

This will never not unnerve me .

He needs that DNA because some of the people he slaughters must have STD's or other blood transmited diseases.
Gotta make sure that even the survivors of Ciam's venting of his frustrations for not being able to fuck the dragon don't live long.

I actually somewhat like musou games and gameplay-wise it's on a level far below the rest of them

You sure those were his brothers?

I wonder how much alcohol did Taro buy for the poor sap that had to make the DoD1 OST.
Poor thing must have been in tears after.

DoD OST sounds like an orchestra being forcibly dragged through hell.

also someone post the ending c staff roll song I always loved that.

Who would be the real life equivalent of Caim? Or at least closest.

Just about any psychopathic person that slaughtered the population of a country.
Historically the first that comes to mind if Vlad the Impalor, but then I don't know many historical figures.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

The Black Plague.

I cannot for the life of me get the settings right.
Either constant stutter or silky smooth with constant spikes.

AMD CPU or AMD GPU?

Nope
i5 processor and gtx 750ti

I used the settings from this vid and it works just fine, though I just found out it slows down during credits to 2 fps. Fuck me, that fight with Manah was hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=ON8NBPD-Iks

Thanks for the help, friend!

Don't forget the washing machine.
youtube.com/watch?v=K6OKs0zvj88