Who is canonically stronger? Ryu or Ken?

Who is canonically stronger? Ryu or Ken?

The hapa, since he has white blood

The violent hobo.

Ryu because of Satsui no Hado bullshit but imo Ken could get stronger than him. Ryu trains every day like the hobo autist he is, but Ken barely does iirc and is near his level.

>Ryu trains hard as fuck
>Ken neglects his training more in comparison, living the rich dude life with a banging hot wife and all
>they're both evenly matched mechanically ingame
What's the point?

Evil Ryu.

Pretty sure Violent Ken isn't even canon.

Ryu because Akuma only has interest in strong fighters and he ignores Ken all the time.

Ken has more victories, Ryu has more potential.

i want Evil Psycho power ken to come back

Does Ryu shower or bathe at all?

Who is canonically stronger? Ryu or Ryu?

Ryu, because he has the spirit of the warrior or autism or whatever. Ken could be as strong but he doesn't really give a fuck, too busy hanging Eliza.

In game though, each has strengths and weaknesses. Ken' s shoryu is almost always better, but Ryu has a better hadoken.

They're not though. Each has goodsides and downsides. Tier-wise, Ryu usually slightly edges out Ken, due to his better control of spacing. The exception to this is Third Strike, where zoning means fuck-all

>too busy hanging Eliza.
Fukin Americans and their obsession with killing.

Ken is more talented than Ryu is, which is why Ken has a fancier, multi-hitting versions of the same attacks

As Ryu is not as talented, he focuses on training hard and improving on the fundamentals and basics. His attacks are simpler, but it maximizes his damage off of one hit.

They're about even in strength on average. Ryu will pull ahead when Ken slacks off, but Ken can quickly catch up when he's motivated

SF2 - Same Level
SF Alpha - Same Level
SF3 - Ken
SF4 - Ken
SFV - Ryu

Ryu gets some asspull powers trough being the main character of the series but that's only when he fights some bad dude. When they fight against each other they should be pretty even story-wise.

>SF4 - Ken

Evil Ryu

Nah Akuma just wants the d

Ken in their youth but Ryu as an adult.

Ryu spends every second of his life traning while a good chunk of Ken's life is used up by his family but they're still pretty close in strength. From that I can tell that Ken has more talent but Ryu just comes up on top because he put in the work.

Ryu is a really fucking dull character. The young Ryu of that SF anime was a much better character.

Ryu has the most potential but holds back constantly. Probably more than he should. Ken doesn't hold back so he the better of both of them currently.

>Ryu has the most potential but holds back constantly

You mean the Satsui no Hado? He obviously is going to hold it back.

Yup. And while that is a thing, Ken is the stronger.

Ryu is never better than ken you dummy. I can't think of a single instance

Ryu.

Watch the SFV finale.

I think he could be interesting if capcom would actually give him some fucking development. I'd like to see an older, jaded Ryu trying to cope with his aging body while tasting a bit of regret about his life as solely a warrior. Or an adolescent, hotshot Ryu who shows promise but learns some valuable lessons by getting his shit kicked in. They could give him an interesting aesthetic redesign too.

As a matter of fact, I wish bearded Fyi was his default, canon costume for SFV

they built his backstory up so much without letting him defeat the one whose truly opposed to his ideals, if they let him defeat akuma the arc could be complete and they could branch his story in another way.

Try Super Turbo. Ken has knee bash and a better jab shoryu, but Ryu's faster hadoken is a much better poke, and he can knock down with red hadoken to set up offense. His tatsu knocks down too. He also has an easy to use, damaging overhead, a quick dash punch, and of course, his super, which can completely change the dynamic of many matchups. Ken's super on the other hand is relatively useless except for chip kills. Together, these factors give Ryu better matchups.

Ken has superior offense and Ryu is better at defense.

SFV is not canon

Ryuken

Nice one.

Ken is more talented than Ryu but neglets his training because he's a family man.
Basically Ryu rarely beats Ken pre SFV but by the end, Ryu does and by SF3, he has more wins
Timeline iirc is: SFA>SF2>SF4>SF5>SF3

Never actually appeared in SF4's story

The only reason why he doesn't challenge Ken is because Ryu has the satsui. Without it, Ryu is just as weak as Ken which is apparently too weak to give him a challenge that he seeks. I hope they get a new writer for the next story mode

>I don't like it therefore it is not canon

Don't think that strength alone defines you as a person. It could destroy you.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on attaining your own victory.

Ryu, because the only way that Capcom is able to make him relevant to the story is by having him curbstomp everyone else.

Didn't you die?

Who cares, they are both weak manlets in kimono compared to many other characters.

but ryu gets to become evil ryu, getting close to akumas power level. ken doesn't have that.

The boundary between life and death is comprised of a very fine line indeed.

He doesn't need it. Anyone that uses ansatsuken can use satsui no hado

Blue Ryu a strong

The series waffles on this but aside from the Satsui no Hadou stuff I think it's been established Ken is stronger.

Ken is top tier in SFV though

Ken because he's just as strong as Ryu without nearly as much training. Ken is naturally strong. Ryu is manufactured strong. You can't become truly strong from training. You're either born with strength or stay weak forever.

Somewhere, Chris T is screaming internally

He only beat Bison because Nash absorbed the majority of Bison's extra psycho power

Imagine what he was like when he was young.

Old Hobo Ryu and Venerable Playboy Ken when?

Is this a fan made sprite?