Can we all agree that what happened to this here game is the worst possible thing that can happen to a game

Can we all agree that what happened to this here game is the worst possible thing that can happen to a game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ap87xnjOh8E&ab_channel=THEBESTGAMERS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how were the minecraft changes bad?

The game itself is fine, but everything else in relation to the game is cancer incarnate.

you can at least still play minecraft

go and try to play some of the F2P titles that got shut down by EA

The hunger requirement is stupid and just means you get less time to explore caves and have to spam huge farms for bread. I stopped playing a little bit after that was added but I can only imagine it got worse.

Is this one of those "I hate a game fanbase so I hate the game by association because I'm a huge faggot" threads?

they've actually finally fixed the stupid fucking hunger. I still think survival in this game is a joke, though; never play it.

Eh survival gameplay isn't bad. This was before the market was oversaturated with survival indie games.

>Creeper is just a green walking dick
I can't believe this game got so big

not him but how so? I own the game but haven't gotten the chance to really play it since my computer a shit.

Nah more like a "I still like this game but everything related to it besides the game itself is cancer in its purest form and I'm a jaded asshole with too much time on my hands as is" thread

world generation is fucked now

its alot more ugly

The game never reached its potential though. Many features could have been added to actually make it a great game, but it never really went too in depth. Notch left it to modders.

But Minecraft has problems with the gameplay as well
youtube.com/watch?v=ap87xnjOh8E&ab_channel=THEBESTGAMERS

I like the initial simplicity of it, especially pre-popularity. It's still a fun game now, in my opinion. I wouldn't want it too complex.

No shit, no game is perfect. It's still a fun time and a half.

i feel like csgo has gotten worse treatment.

How so

The combat update broke the game for me
I think I'll stay forever in 1.7.1, thanks

>cheating out the ass(even at the pro level)
>skins bringing in scumbags and children
>updates that most times nobody asks for and often times makes the game worse
>completely neglects actual issues unless the community does almost all of the work in spotting it out and makes a huge fuss about it.
>adds in terrible maps into professional competition and forces them to play it

I haven't actively paid attention since horses. I just casually play single player every now and then.

Yogscast for the game's community
Hunger for the actual game

>I think I'll stay forever in 1.7.1, thanks
what about the combat update broke it?

I haven't played since 2011, it was ok then but hunger was way more annoying

Seems like it.

See

Minecraft is the ultimate in relaxation game, trying to play it for any other purpose is your mistake.

I loved the game when it was released in Xbox 360, that version was fairly simple without any bullshit

Stopped liking it after the updated with creative mode (not because of the mode itself but because it just wasn't fun anymore)

Now I feel it's in the point where it is too complicated to be a comfy fun game but too simple to be a decent comfy RPG sandbox

I'm thinking of pirating and throwing some mods in it now that I have a decent PC

Nope.

You can play any version you want and still host your own domains- other than the community the game is perfect with mods.

it's in the newest snapshot (which will probably be officially released in around a week), basically they made the speed at which you starve significantly slower, at least 3 times slower than what it used to be. Also, food was tweaked to have stronger saturation, and some other stuff I don't remember.

>too complicated to be a comfy fun game
... no? All you have to do is build an 9 by 9 farm to be good on food forever, the game is damn near mindless.

They added a cooldown timer
It makes pvo good, but completely fucked up pve.

see >what about the combat update broke it?
not him, but minecraft combat (especially player v. player) has always been a joke - hitboxes commonly don't register unless your ping is the same as the other player's, knockback is literally random with no logic at all (since it's broken), all you do is point at someone and spam-click to win (so autoclicking macros make you a pro player), etc.. Minecraft release version 1.9 ("The Combat Update") tried to address that last problem, but did so in the most tedious way fucking imaginable - ALL your tools/weapons have a limit on how fast you can swing them, which is on average 1 swing per 2 seconds. All this does is make the combat incredibly tedious, all the while they fixed none of the hitbox and knockback bugs.

I don't really have much against the cooldown on tools itself, if you're fighting 1-on-1 it can work (barely), but if you're fighting a cluster of entities it's a goddamn pain the ass - even with the side-slash strike you can do. It's no surprise that many servers out there just replicated the pre-1.9 mechanics anyway.

idk, maybe I burned it out? It just stopped being fun, if I play older versions it still plays fine, newer versions with mods too

>I loved the game when it was released in Xbox 360
cancer.
the console versions ruined this game, it all went quickly downhill shortly after MC360 released.

I won't agree.

Because if you play the game alone or isolated with a few friends, it's one the best games ever made.

The only issue is you can't tell people you like it without a stigma immediately being applied to you.
Which is easily solved by keeping your fucking mouth shut.

It probably ought to be added to the list of things one never discusses at the dinner table.

Politics, Religion, Sex, and Minecraft.

I thing this game was a mistake. I like the concept of build buildings, making art, make cities, but this game is all over youtube. What is so fun in this game, why does everything must have minecraft version. Once I saw on youtube a Minecraft animation wich is just Overwatch dragon short, but everyting made in Minecraft. Or day ago I saw in one book shop a book about Stampy minecraft world and this book is about 8 bucks. What is wrong with you guys??