Metal Gear Survive 15 minutes

This went under my radar.

youtube.com/watch?v=E0JZuqD1yts

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2015/10/15/metal-gear-solid-5-made-twice-as-much-as-avengers-age-of-ultron-on-launch-day/
ibtimes.com/gta-5-costs-265-million-develop-market-making-it-most-expensive-video-game-ever-produced-report
gamezone.com/news/why-konami-fired-hideo-kojima-according-to-mgs-v-s-composer-3422325
youtube.com/watch?v=v8fxih8HpYw
youtube.com/watch?v=t52esexgn9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=K9cEz8s5voI
youtube.com/watch?v=UW-3N84QF1s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good find.

So it's basically 4 player Metal Gear Solid V, but with Left 4 Dead zombies? Huh.

It's about what I expected. I'm not going to like it

The gameplay looks boring so far. There's nothing huge that I like just a bunch of zombies walking around that may as well be lightheaded humans.

Hate it or love it, but this is the most bizarre thing to ever happen in video games.

Would you like some armor for your horse?

>make this into a new, full-price game
>get bad reception
vs
>make this DLC for MGS 5 and charge 20 bucks
>get compared to Undead Nightmare (one of the best cases DLCs EVER)

Why hasn't Konami just hired me to make all their decisions for them?

It's not.

Cancerous AIDS.

Looks fun and cool.

>franchise gets turned into a cheap cashgrab and dies because of it

Yeah, so bizarre.

Whatever you say, shill.

Whatever you say Kojima.

there was this game where you ran fast and did sidescrolling platform to save animals, then they made the main character black, gave him a gun and turned it into a 3rd person shooter

What actually happens.

>make this DLC for MGS 5 and charge 20 bucks
>get bad reception

I would have agreed a couple of days ago, but I've been playing MGS5 and theres literally zombies in the game.

Making a spin off game using the animations they've already created, doesn't surprise me desu.

>shitty 4 player undead mode dlc
>compared to 10 hour good story with colorful characters and a fun horde mode
>you eat babies

No, Kojima is happy with this game.
MG Survive will flop, and the franchise will die before Konami gets to sabotage the lore.

That kind of shit is standard these days. It's odd that everyone still makes fun of it.

The difference is that Rockstar is an actual competent developer.

Mildly surprised its not some zombie deathmatch shit

The fuck are you talking about, they always said it was going to be some shitty zombie survival crap.

This is like those Mario basketball spin off games

Zombie deathmatch as in something like Left 4 Dead. This seems more like a simplified DayZ

More like this is like Umbrella Corps or Operation Raccon City.

>those new animations for the bow, spear and machete

>Kojima has wanted MGS to die since MGS2
>the series ends with a zombie game

This is whata fucking 20+ year old franchise has come to. How is that not bizarre? I can't think of another franchise that has fallen this far when you consider how long it's been going for.

It's not bizarre, it's just sad.
I mean, try playing Call of Duty 1 or 2, and then try playing Black Ops 3.

Eat this bait up anons

Looks like a fan-made mod. Hope it flops.

It's another """tactical""" co-op shooter a la The Division, now with zombies. The japs really aren't trying anymore, are they?

>they literally just re-used the Afghanistan map

I don't understand why they seem to have such a hard difficulty creating new assets and weapons, that video is made up almost exclusively of reused assets.

Why don't they have complete control over their own engine?
It feels like a mod made by someone who doesn't have access to the official mod tool kit.

wtf I hate Kojima now??

You dont understand because you missed how much time and money was spent to even make those assets. They HAVE to re-use them.

That's more sad than bizarre considering every CoD game since 4 has pretty much been on the same engine and zombies were a free add-on.

But thanks for the reminder, I think I'll play through Cod 1 and 2 this weekend. I love those games.

>They HAVE to re-use them.
Wait, what?
How come?
MGSV made shitloads of money.

I understand reusing some assets, but apart from the bow, spear and machete animation everything in it was in MGSV.

the strangest thing is that the assets aren't actually reused.
the buildings are all different models than the ones used in TPP, even the long corridor buildings have different doorways.
the main base building has stairs on the sides and windows in places that it doesnt in TPP. the wall textures are different too.

So it seems like for some reason they made new assets that look like almost exactly like the old ones at first glance.

>MGSV made shitloads of money.
and half of that went to MGS3 Pachinko

>That tower defense
>Those melee animations
>That retarded enemy design
>The whole concept of it all

I've grown to love Kiefer.

Sonic

Can we get Kiefer, as some kind of drunken commanding officer or something, in Death Stranding? I love his voice and his acting isn't bad.

How the fuck can they sell this as a separate release? Same map (with some wreckage), same assets, same animations, same mechanics.

Honestly kind of looked like fun, the enemies look retarded and I pray they have more enemies than just those zombies.

I'll probably buy it used in a year or get it on sale.

>yfw this guy isn't talking about fromsoft

This, seems like a good co-op bullshit game

Fuck keifer
i love him too

The area they play on is literally just Mission 3 Shago Village with the Skulls fog set in.

>permanent Skulls unit encounter fog

haha le gta v was bad xD
upvoted my fellow ledditor

And rightfully so. Virtually all his lines carry the necessary weight for the scene he's in and it shows he cared, even if he's not into vidya. Booting Hayter for Kiefer to deliver a big boss in his late 40's was a good choice in the end. While Hayter did good for older MGS games, his work in PW wasn't all that great and he doesn't have the range Kiefer has.

It'll be dead in a year. There's no new ground here and there are already games out there that do the whole co-op zombie experience better.

if hes happy who cares?

Got any names for those better experiences? I'm always up for more horde shooters.

>looks like shit
>plays like shit
>probably will have micro transaction out the ass and timer for developments

>stupid people will buy this
>stupid people will complain what they bought is shit

Dying Light, Left 4 Dead 2.

>zombies

Careful konami, your desperation is showing.

>it's ok when kojima does it

When did Kojima make a zombie survival game?

Dying light, left 4 dead series, Warhammer Vermintide (basically left4dead deluxe), Killing floor, ...

>new Python Selkan video
>discovered actual fucking fish floating and swimming in the sky
>the sky is literally above ground
>MG survive is under water

HAHAHAHAHAFUCK

KOOOOJIIMA

I CAN TELL WE HAVE ANOTHER COCK TEASE TODAY AT TGS

BRACE
FOR
IMPACT

Kojima wanted to make a zombie game long ago.
I keep the theory that this is actually the last game Kojima made for Konami.

It's staying under my radar.

>check footage
>it's real

Didn't KojiPro's ludens video had a digital whale and ocean? And Death stranding having stranded fish creatures?

What is he planning?

Hey didn't you love gathering plants and materials in MGSV, what if that was the whole game lol

Looks good, I'll probably get it if it's around 20 bucks. Kojima proved to be a fucking hack with V so there's no point clinging to MGS for it's storytelling rather than the finally achieved solid sneaking gameplay.

>confirmed to not be $60
>Cure and Food are back
>Life and Stamina are back
>Story Mode confirmed
>enemy hordes reach numbers larger than even OKB Zero

If they put it out at $30 and make the animations a bit smoother, then I might pick it up. Item durability worries me as well, but overall it looks like an ok game. If bullets are most scarce than what they've shown, the scavenged weapons and slingshots look like they'll be fun to use.

Should had been a castle vania game using the engine. Remodel the men into vampire warriors with old style guns and swords.

I cant blame Konami wanting to make a quick buck though. With the state of the business these days,

>user didn't get V
You poor soul.

Yeah but gathering plants was fucking useless in V. Now there's MGS 3 style medicine and shit to actually use them.

Looks like a real resident evil game

that basically gives away the story right?
there was no worm hole and they're actually just dying on the fucking seabed and hallucinating

I liked the atmosphere. They got it right. Might check it out.

It looks like shit, but one of those fun shit games.

Seems like it would be a great co-op experience.

>user didn't realise other user's mistake, was not realising Kojima was evidently a hack long before V
You poor soul.

he's completely right though.

Thought it looked okay actually. Atleast it took the one good part of TPP, the engine/sandbox. Could be fun coop if its cheap. Fuck all you cunts who insult this game and defend the fuckup that was MGSV

Looks like every tower defense game I ever played on Newgrounds but in 3D

>Kojima wanted to make a game like Survive for a while now
>MGSV opens with Venom being told he might have had wild dreams
>all the standard enemies have Venom's horn
>fish in the sky as if they're on the seabed
>'I won't scatter your ashes to the heartless sea."

Most likely will be a coma dream from Venom about not wanting all his comrades to die in the destruction of Mother Base. Fruity symbolism from the mindless, heartless enemies and ocean consuming them and what not. The Metal Gear from the announcement trailer turning out to be ZEKE would really help that idea because it was on the seabed.

Plus this wouldn't be the first time a MGSV product had its entire story ruined from a trailer.

>the fuckup that was MGSV
what exactly do you hate about it so much that you'd call it a fuckup

please try to elaborate further than "story was garbage"

>mfw game looks fun
Fucking fox engine makes shit look decent.

I'm probably more excited for MGS being free from Kojima than I am Kojima being free from MGS. Imagine a full mainline Metal Gear game free from Kojima's gross fanservice-y sexism or his hacky writing.

You are implying their will be another mainline game

>get compared to Undead Nightmare
Sure, buddy. Why not The Old Hunters? They are using melee weapons after all.

Not even that guy but are you dense? The game is flat out incomplete.

No conclusion to its story.
A good third of the missions contain no story at all and involve mmo style instanced battles.
They couldn't even get a full set of missions so some of the last ones are literally repeats on a higher difficulty.
Half baked mechanics all over the place, from base customization to animal capturing and plant gathering.
The entire development and result of Metal Gear Hover Tank or whatever its name was.

so they just reused venoms entire movement animation set for every character? jesus fucking christ

>no cure of food systems
>life regens and there's no stamina
>you can sprint forever
>an entire base going quiet does not result in an inspection like MGS games did 14 years ago
>being spotted by an enemy lowers your Heroism even if you kill them and they can't spread the word
>no vehicle, infantry, or helicopter patrols in Free Roam without Infinite Heaven
>RnD produces very few weapons worth using
>anything worth using will just be put onto a low-GMP base through Custom Weapons
>enemies don't recognize you as the Legendary Big Boss even after you establish yourself in two regions and you can hear rumors about yourself
>no reason to visit Mother Base except to regain the 10% Fulton Chance lost from Battle Fatigue
>destroying all comm systems isn't as effective to stop an alert as destroying an enemy's chest radio in MGS3
>buddies are there for either Close/Long Kills or Battle/Stealth Transport
>Ocelot doesn't twirl his Revolvers once

You forgot the shit open world that doesn't even have tanks or helo's in non scripted missions

map design and AI took a fucking nosedive
listen everyones fucking tired of having this same god damn argument every thread

There won't be more mainline MGS games after Survive flops.

Not to mention that there's no creatives left in Konami, it would all work by comittee.

Why wouldn't they? What's wrong with those animations?

This is going to be more of the same, Konami shill, and there's nothing any of you can prevent this from flopping.

The fact that it's hilariously lazy.
This entire game has less work in it than the average fucking Cowadooty.

Did you even play MGSV? It was the same if you used any member of your Combat Unit.

There's nothing wrong with any of it. People are still butthurt over a guy who wasted thousands of dollars on things he decided to cut from the game.

how is it weird? it's literally just reused animations and assets and zombie models from mgsv on a empty map with nothing going on. just a generic, cheap, quick cash grab that requires no time or effort to make

Oh yeah. And the fact that there's not a single civilian or resistance fighter in any region. Everyone was conveniently wiped out by muh vocal parasites.

Looks kinda fun. Should be $10 standalone MGSV DLC

>so curazai

>ape escspe
>go karts
>skateboarding

People don't know when mgs went off tangent

Gotta love how permavirgin Konami shills respond to any criticism with
>B-B-BUT KOJIMA

This game is going to bomb like mad and it's going to taste delicious.

Exactly, which is why MG Survive will be trash.
It's using a terrible game as it's base.

>The fact that it's hilariously lazy.
So they needed to re-animate all the action scenes to placate your OCD? You sound in need of medication.

kill yourself you retarded shill

>Wow, you expected attention to detail in a Metal Gear? Maybe you should kill yourself.

You changed my opinion.
Goys, go preorder this zombie game.

That would have been less Castlevania than this is MGS

if it was cheap i'd get it honestly would be fun for a little while, but a full game? Nahh

There's a MGS game about scateboarding?

so? it's fucking lazy to reuse animations and is representative of the lack of time or effort going into this cash grab

It looks good, I can't wait to play it.

So we are not allowed to change formulas? Even thought everyone else does?

>muh shills
Kojimalards are just mental, konami went to absolute shit because of your hero wasting money for years, you deluded fuck. In the end MGS V was a broken game that didn't sell as well as they needed it to to remain profitable.
Thanks for the death of Silent Hill, Castlevania, Contra, Gradius, Sparkster, etc.

If the Fulton devices send Shit back to their world then how come the soldiers don't Fulton themselves?

All I wanted was a new area and some new types of side ops. Maybe a lage indoor area.

I'm willing to pay $4 max for a key of this in G2A.

kingdom hearts

mgs2

>attention to detail
>remaking combat animations that would end up looking pretty much the same.
Go take your ritalin, you disgusting fuck.

>reusing animations between games is okay
yeah why even make new assets? just copy everything over. it's ocd to expect games to not have all their assets directly copied from other games hurp durp

I just love how butthurt people are about Kojima not giving them their fantasy wishlist for MGSV to the point that they'll actively support a company that's historically proven it doesn't give a shit about any of its properties and is categorically worse to its games than Kojima ever was.

Plenty of other companies do it. Movies even used to recycle props.

Somgs got sampling.

It's not very easy creating something new out nothing with a big budget.

Kojimas money wasting is why other Konami franchises not sports aren't being used anymore.

They're basically downsized.

I expected a different game
not a mod

your such a dummy

>Injury system
If this was in MGSV, people would have enjoyed it more.

Have you not seen the video? It's an expansion disguised as a new game. If you honestly expected new assets and animations from this you might be mildly retarded.

It already has more features than vanilla mgsv so...

>combat animations
it's all animations you dipshit drone. why are you defending lazy game design? the entire moveset is lifted from venoms. do you think all characters should share the same animations in all games if one set of animations looks good to you? how fucking retarded must you be to think this way?

>In the end MGS V was a broken game that didn't sell as well as they needed it to to remain profitable.
>literally made more than twice it's budget in 24 hours
vg247.com/2015/10/15/metal-gear-solid-5-made-twice-as-much-as-avengers-age-of-ultron-on-launch-day/

TPP was Kojima's last gift to this company: the last truly profitable game they would ever release again.
You are welcome.

its not hard to add things to an already made game

Well first off, it was already confirmed to not be full price, but like 30 dollars. So it's just a standalone expansion apparently.

>Kojimas money wasting is why other Konami franchises not sports aren't being used anymore
>konami went to absolute shit because of your hero wasting money for years
do you have a single fact to back that up

can you provide a single source that isn't Cred Forums's circlejerking hateboner for kojima

MGSV had injuries, you just had to jump off a building or something for them to happen and it was PRESS X TO UNBREAK LEG.

I just love how kojimadrones make up the silliest excuses for their cucklord's magnum opus being a complete mess. It's great how he evidenced he was riding on the coattails of more talented people.

All them franchises gone. Sad.

Uh huh. I guess that's why we are still playing mgs v now. All that extra content.

Would have been funny if they stripped features for everyone they added.

>your

Explain then

Ever played Farcry 2, 3 or 4? MGSV ripped off that series pretty goddamn hard; failed to utilize the open world in any meaningful capacity, locked off missions from being played again like infiltrating the power station, doesn't allow for several saves, the difference in guns are negligible, regenerating health sucks a dick and the reflex system and tagging make the game baby mode for pussies. You can't even get Skull Face's fucking gun. The story is the only really great thing about the game, everything else is mediocre to boring to shitty

they are just repacking it all and pretending its a new game

>why are you defending lazy game design
I'm not defending this trash, I'm calling you an idiot for expecting new animations when they're reusing everything else. They're reusing the maps, the models, the textures and the engine, probably the sounds as well.. and you're complaining about the animations like a stupid bitch.

>It's great how he evidenced he was riding on the coattails of more talented people.
Just like how Konami depended on him, and now they are completely lost and have no idea of what they are doing?

MGS was the last franchise Konami had that actually sold in the west.

Uh huh. I guess that's why it's not even full price.

oh wow, twice its budget! I'm sure activision is super jelly of them.
More delusion from the kojimagirls who only visit his twitter and don't play games.

and here's what actually happens
>make anything metal gear without kojima
>get bad reception

they are still trying to pretend its a new game
I mean at least ground zeroes had a unique map

Look at their entire fucking list for future games, only liscended games with recycled stuff like yugi oh and sports games.

They wasted money on a big game that could had been for 5 other games. Sure they made a profit but not enought to remain making more than Metal Gear survive.

I thought we left clear a year ago that paid mods are a no go.

> Selling a MGS5 map with nearly zero new assets for $40

WEW LAD JUST GIVE US A MAP EDITOR AND PRIVATELY HOSTED SERVERS

No counter arguments offered, excellent, at least we left clear that MGSV is going to be Konami's last profitable game.

>Kojima is added to the board of directors
>Stupid decisions like Lords of Shadow, Silent Hills and the MGS V development debacle
>reports of the developing bleeding money
>Konami progressively killing other franchises over time, but not MGS
>MGS V, kojima fired, Konami is already a pachinko company
Silly drone.

If MGSV wasn't written in Lua and had Japanese gibberish in it, I bet the guy making Infinite Heaven could put together something similar to this.
I mean, he already added mechanics to have random Skull Unit encounters in free roam, and they posess soldiers.

>Go to areas you have already spent a lot of time in and spend even more time in them, now with zombies and a fog effect

nah

How long until he kills sonys games division?

The fact it uses so much lua is why he has been able to mod it you big dummy.

So Kojima sabotaged Konami from the inside.
I like him even more now, hope Konami leaves gaming in the next couple of years.

Kek then if that's your attitude then what's you aversion to MGS:Survive? It still plays to the core of the series by utilizing stealth tactics. Survive with a CV skin wouldn't exhibit any of the core traits of the series (like platforming, space control, interior level design and bossfights) and might as well be a new franchise

This, gameplay looks solid but just like most games they don't give you fun enemies to fight. This game has boring ass slow zombies and there isn't even a ton of them at a time

>Just like how Konami depended on him, and now they are completely lost and have no idea of what they are doing?
They knew what they were doing way before he had no influence on the company, it's when he joined the board of directors that konami started killing franchises left and right. He arranged for his studio to keep all the budget while the others shut down.
He should have retired a decade ago, like his family asked him to.

>stealth tactics
What for?
In the video you can clearly see the zombies don't give a shit about you even if you start sprinting around.

It's the soldiers from MGSV, but somehow even dumber.

Seriously, these slow as fuck zombies being the enemy is what's going to kill it.

yeah
it looks like dead rising but without the shitload of zombies on screen

>it's when he joined the board of directors that konami started killing franchises left and right
do you have some kind of evidence to confirm this trend

>He arranged for his studio to keep all the budget while the others shut down.
Any source on these claims?
If you can't provide, can you admit that the source is your own asshole?

venom's original animations are great, I'd reuse them if wherever I could since this is more of a stand-alone expansion

the new animations like the bow and melee attacks are pretty bad though

t. retard that doesn't know a thing about modding

Are they seriously reusing the Afghanistan map?

When their scout gets detected, he brings back an entire horde with him that leads them to fail the mission. Pay more attention

>that kick animation
>that machete melee animation

It's just so bad.

you don't know shit about game development do you

There are certainly more types of enemies considering what they say about the zombies just being the most common

You won't get any replies from average Cred Forumsermins but I want to respond and say I agree with you

And they all go straight to the antenna.
Are you in any actual danger in this game at any time?

>she shurvavd?

But MGS with kojima was already getting bad reception among fanboys. MGS 4 isn't remembered fondly.

I already miss him.

>ur arguments don't count cuz i'm a fat sperg lel
Making twice its budget should be the bare minimum it would do. With such an investment studios don't expect to "gain back their budget" you impossible simp. They expected cowadoody numbers and fell flat on their face.

#AHideoKojimaGame
It's not loyalty to MG, it's loyalty to Kojima

I mean I get it, he's a big guy for you but jesus let this game breathe for a moment, don't think I've ever seen people jump to apparently certain conclusions over a new game THAT quickly

>Replace some balloons with portals to another dimension
>Replace russians with zombies
>Trow in crafting system
Voila new game for ya

Thing is, MG Survive is getting horrible reception even before it has come out.
This is going to affect sales.

>"Nukes, controlled by a man, not a country."
No Kiefer, no buy. It's a shame they'll probably never get him to play Snake again.

This.

The portal was in the original game you doofus.

The objective is more important than your individual lives. I'm impressed the zombies could manage to destroy it with all 4 players still alive. Seems like the gameplay will be more oriented around planning than just shooting them en masse like L4D, seeing how little blasting the crowd that was mauling the objective did

he really was an excellent va for BB desu, much better than Hayter.

If only he had a better guidance by the team and more lines to say

>yfw zombie paz is in the game
>yfw she's a suicide bomber type

>Making twice its budget should be the bare minimum it would do
Twice its budget in 24 hours, user. That's not a total of how much it made, that's literally the first report.

looks good tbqh

TPP already had portals and zombies

>Making twice its budget should be the bare minimum it would do

Considering it made that amount in 24 hours, I think it's something really good.

>They expected cowadoody numbers and fell flat on their face.
How so?
Apparently it sold 7 million copies as of 2016.
On top of that you have to ad the sales from Ground Zeroes, and the money from the microtransactions.
That game made mad cash, cash that Konami will never see again.

The game didn't focus on them though, the portals were a gameplay element to be the ultimate fulton upgrade, and the zombies were just Skull puppets to have some grunts in the boss fights.

Its budget was like 500mil so thats pretty fucking good.

>I like him even more now
That's because you're 12 and don't remember the great games they used to make.

>Cred Forums is so contrarian that it's going to buy a shameless cashgrab bastardization just because it's universally hated, despite vehemently bashing every other franchise to do this

I really fucking hate you fags sometimes.

The budget was 80 million.

The most expensive game ever made is GTA V and the budget was 270 million.

most people are against it though

>Let's tactically flank these 4 fucking zombies and then gun them down in a killbox
>Also have a guy with a spear in there mixing it up

Jesus. I wanted to like this but that was fucking stupid. Do they really expect people to play like that?

Look at the dates, it's not that hard.

You mean the games Time Silent made.

it actually looks kind of fun to me. will buy after it goes on sale for $5 or $10.

you make the claim, you provide the proof

>bwaaaaaa let's all show reverence to a hack that blew all his money hiring shitty actors and delivered a shitty game before running away

DENSE fucking retard can't read the thread right here

When was the last non-MGS, non-PES konami game announced? Was MGS V still in development?
Konami bet on the wrong horse and it forced them to leave the video game business.

Correlation does not equal causation. They teach you this in high school.

Stop shifting your goal posts it's fucking embarrassing.

These threads have shown me otherwise.

>IF YOU DON'T LIKE SURVIVE IT MEANS YOU ARE A KOJIMADRONE

Why are you all so desperate to push this narrative?

no, I just really enjoy video games and MGSV was a lot of fun

>Konami bet on the wrong horse and it forced them to leave the video game business.
Nothing wrong with this.
Konami has nothing to offer anymore.
They are a creatively bankrupt company lead by a CEO who admitted he doesn't care about videogames.

It's more Fox Engine and that's all I could hope for at this point.

Will probably get it.

Post yfw he plays Snake in an MGS1 or MGS3 remake.

reminder that silent hill exists because konami took a bunch of company undesirables and assigned them to a project in order to make a quick competitor to cash in on Biohazard's success

they literally never expected it to become a psychological horror masterpiece

>It's more Fox Engine and that's all I could hope for
So, you don't even hope for a game, but for an engine?

That's fucking pathetic.

>This is going to affect sales.
It is, but this tripe is going to sell on name alone.

doesn't look too bad, but would get boring after 2-4h, well i gonna pick up it on sale $10-20 if it will be still alive after 1,5 year later (i guess not)

>Twice its budget in 24 hours, user.
The first week or so are when games make most of their sales.

Name a single other reason not to be interested.

Reused assets? In a game about the same series, no shit.

Zombies? MGS 4 and 5 had them, no one complained then.

People somehow pretending this is being billed as a brand new full price game? Ground Zeroes was less of a game and yet people ate that shit up.

Literally no other reason other than having Kojima's cock lodged so deep in your throat you can do a Kiefer impression.

even though i hate this degeneration of the series, the gameplay kinda looks like fun tobehonest family

Not at all, name alone means nothing in videogames.
Battlefield Hardline was a massive failure, and MGS is nowhere as popular as that.
Add on top of that the negative word of mouth everywhere and the fact that Konami has no idea of how to market videogames.

I can't understand you faggots. Resurgance was the biggest type of cash grab shit banking on the name of the IP, now there's another similar release and you dislike it?

If this game is full price it's a guaranteed flop, but it's not like people haven't eaten up games with small content before at full price, you've all pretty much set the margin by purchasing shittier games in bulk.

yes, and those are the figures for the
first
hours

I can only imagine it did a hell of a lot better if you extend that over the period of "a week or so"

This rly makes u think
These ridiculously expensive games take hundreds of people to build, hundreds of millions of dollars and they end up barren and with less content than older games. We're getting diminishing returns here. Oh but you pieces of shit had to have "muh grafX!"
Thanks, Carmack.

resident evil was never open world you faggot, re was always about linear maps with just 1-4 paths

>shitty 4 player undead mode DLC
You mean like CoD Zombies? The most popular thing to ever happen to CoD after CoD4?

Fuck you- looks fun. I played the shit out of V, but this is everywhere I wished PP would have gone to; a bit more wacky, but it's nice to see coop, and a use for the various material gathering and base mechanics, and a return to form with some survival mechanics. Won't be great, but could be fun.

Why didn't they just make MGSV VR Missions?
I am perfectly willing to play more MGSV gameplay, and releasing a game with no story is a plus as far as I'm concerned because then they don't ruin anything in the previous games.

But the thing that makes metal gear fun is figuring out how to deal with the fairly complex clockwork AI. Making the enemies just mindless wandering zombies with very little AI destroys the entire metal gear gameplay formula.

They should have just made a game that is a series of ground zeroes style bases to infiltrate with a bunch of different challenges. I'd play the shit out of that.

>Shameless cashgrab preying on normies, while shitting on long time fans

>It's okay when Konami does it

You're just a fucking faggot. There's no other way to say it.

but him but autist

And the castlevanias, metroidvanias, the contras, the gradius, the parodiuses, the awesome licensed arcade games. Konami was at the top of their game decades before you were born, Billy.

>Kiefer impression

I get it. Because he had like 5 lines in the whole fucking game, right?

>Name a single other reason not to be interested.

>Reused assets? In a game about the same series, no shit.
MG Survive is the first one that does it in MGS.

>Zombies? MGS 4 and 5 had them, no one complained then.
Didn't know MGS4 and 5 were zombie survival games.

>People somehow pretending this is being billed as a brand new full price game? Ground Zeroes was less of a game and yet people ate that shit up.
Ground Zeroes was a scam, so is this.

There's literally no reason to buy this piece of trash.

It's not a Metal Gear, it's not a military stealth game, it's a generic, bland, boring and personality less zombie survival game.

Oh yeah fuck David Hayter amirite guys?

>an spinoff is somehow more offensive to fans than the plotline of the main series being left fucking incomplete

Kojimbo drones, everyone.

I'm glad that V is getting a co-op spinoff but I wish it wasn't zombie/crafting/survival shit. that genre is a tired meme.

>Correlation does not equal causation.
I don't think you understand what that means. Correlation and causation aren't mutually exclusive.

Considering they could have chosen to complete that main series instead of making this horrible, horrible spinoff that nobody asked for and that, of course, nobody will buy, yes.

He had more than 5 lines. Far more. Take the nostalgia out of your ass.

>Why didn't they just make MGSV VR Missions?
What do you think this is? It's a new game based on existing assets, just like Substance and Subsistence's added content.

>n-no other mgs did it!

No shit? All the other MGS games took ages to develop and they all had mechanics that were later tossed in the garbage regardless of how good they were, I wonder why? Oh wait, because they were made by an indecisive hack.

almost every video game franchise?

companies milk everything.

>Correlation and causation aren't mutually exclusive
They're not, but in order to prove they're actually related, you need evidence beyond the correlation itself.

not him but he's right, you're pulling something out of your ass and presenting it as fact

Not even close, user. GTA V's budget was half of that. Destiny actually cost 3 million dollars more to make.

Kill yourself, you sick fuck. Nobody else gets to voice Solid. Fuck you.

>Yo famicon pachinkos failing what do?
>yo check out this prototype, it's like L4D and metal gear had a baby
>give us funding and we could make it a real game
>nigga why spend money when we already wasted so much on MGSV and have a ton of unused assets
It looks like an alright game that they managed to put together in a short amount of time and with the friends aspect I'm sure this garbage would be good enough.

Though I'd hope that those new assets are placeholders or waiting to be touched up.. a lot of the new stuff added is just doesn't mesh well with the rest.

Exactly, all MGS games had something new to offer, new mechanics, new EVERYTHING.

Not MG Survive, it's game built up completely on reused assets, and built up using a horrible game like MGSV as base.

MG Survive is pretty much the embodiment of everything wrong with this industry.

Why would they?

>hey let's fix kojima's mess even if everyone will hate us for even touching his retarded, crippled baby.

Exactly. It's one thing for a VA's performance to improve as a series progresses, but something else entirely if it gets worse. Replacing Hayter with Kiefer was the right choice. Kiefer has better gravitas and emotion in his tone than Hayter ever had.

>MG Survive is the first one that does it in MGS.
Oh come on.

If it does couch co op I'm interested. Seems like a fun way to dick around with my roommate and brother.

And hear comes the pontificating and bitching

Which are still the strongest sales you'll get. Sales die down after launch, I don't know what you're even arguing anymore.

ibtimes.com/gta-5-costs-265-million-develop-market-making-it-most-expensive-video-game-ever-produced-report

I would actually appreciate that they at least had the balls to try to fix it.

Instead they transformed MGS into a zombie game.

>crafting and placing defenses is not new
>more melee weapons is not new
>area defense is not new

Trying too hard, kojima drone.

>what exactly do you hate about it so much that you'd call it a fuckup

I hated the bit where it wasn't finished. Oh and being a brain damaged medic was a really great.

>Liquid and Psycho steal metal gear
>Boys will be boys
>You're not big boss
>The end

Even if you loved everything else about the game. You can't defend the unfinished end

Calm your tits, senpai.

All I'm saying is that the Fox Engine is fantastic and I, just as a lot of other anons, was afraid that we would never see it in action again.

But we are. It's not ideal, but it's something.

You forgot all the multiplayer versions too

gamezone.com/news/why-konami-fired-hideo-kojima-according-to-mgs-v-s-composer-3422325

I like Kojima but he really made Konami downsize. I probably won't ever get a new CastleVania on consoles or any other series now. All they make is sports and yugioh now for consoles.

Most Japanese developers thinks modern video games are taking to llove ng to make and require expensive budgets which don't justify the use.

Look at what happened to snk, they only make Kof and Metal slug.

I've seen plenty of other developers shrink in Japan or stop using other franchises to focus on top selling ones only. Sega with Sonic.

Yep he did it, he went and had an opinion on Cred Forums so now you have to do the reaction image bit. It's true it went down.

I perfectly understand what that means. It's exactly what you're doing. Stupid ass.

this game looks like the video game equivalent of summer popcorn flicks. schlocky, stupid, and forgettable but kind of fun.

>muh "i'm totally a longtime MGS fan guise! Oh, except i just hate most of it, no big deal!"

Neck yourself, faggot. Hayter's best performance was easily Peacewalker. Jearing it literally gives me chills from how synchronous he is with the character.

You're the sick fuck, you mongrel. At the time of MGS5's release, Solid Snake hadn't been in an MGS game in 7 years. Kiefer did a fine job with Solid's lines in GZ.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8fxih8HpYw

youtube.com/watch?v=t52esexgn9Y

I'm arguing that making twice its budget back in 24 hours and factoring in the sales it would have made in the launch week make its earnings more than the chump change people are trying to claim it is.

>more melee weapons
How is this new?

>area defense is not new
>crafting and placing defenses is not new
Now if only they could do something to convince me that this is an actual game and not a demo.

>Replacing Hayter with Kiefer was the right choice.
Oh yeah, I loved how Sutherland recorded 8 lines for the game, really made the cutscenes less awkward.
Kojima has a reality distortion field that can go toe to toe with Steve Job's.

As well as the long-demanded self-cure system as opposed to braindead regenerating health. I'm more of a fan of MGS than i am a vehement Kojima fan so i'll be the first to admit he fucked up MGSV

Yup

If I wanted a co-op zombie game I already have out much better choices.

>And to market
I thought you were strictly talking about dev cost. Carry on.

>tfw hearing that Hayter can actually still do the MGS1 Snake voice and the voice directors just made him do that stupid gravely shit all those years

Are there any other mgs games with a spear, fucko?

>i-it's a demo
Keep moving those goalposts

>Reused assets? In a game about the same series, no shit.
>MG Survive is the first one that does it in MGS.
you can't make this shit up

Yeah im pretty sure it was Kojimas fault all of these franchise's original creators left konami and the games where outscourced to some unknown third parties
no fault at konami's terrible management nope

Except not really, and replying twice to the same post doesn't help your case.

OH WOW, THIS MGS HAS A FUCKING SPEAR

>A

>SPEAR

GOTY
O
T
Y

I thought they already moved on to pachinko? are they also failing pachinko and want to get back to vidya industry?

except yes really

But I'm not a longtime fan. I started with MGS5 on PC, and then went back and played through MGS1 through Peace Walker on PS3. Hayter got worse as I went through these games, and Kiefer is objectively better.

I agree. Kiefer made things far less awkward with how naturally he sounded.

OH WOW, THIS MAN HAS A FUCKING BABY

>A

>BABY

GOTY
O
T
Y

>Are there any other mgs games with a spear, fucko?
Preordered 10 copies.

We all know spears are what MGS was lacking, and I genuinely think this will save MG Survive.

>reading that article
>Cred Forums complains that creativity is dead and the soulless corporate attitude is killing games that dare to have passion behind them
>Cred Forums then defends a soulless corporation that gutted the project and fired a genuinely passionate man who was trying to make the best thing he could
what the fuck is wrong with y'all

>zombie spinoff
It's really not

Honestly he's one of the most overrated people in the industry and there's some serious competition lately. He's really only ever been an extremely well marketed brand that also just happens to be a person that can pimp himself out and Konami knew how to exploit that and now Sony will have it's turn.

Zombies in Da Shago Kallai. Seems familiar:
youtube.com/watch?v=K9cEz8s5voI

Yep, Substance, Subsistence, Portable Ops Plus and MGS4 online map packs. All these Kojimadrones whining about MG:SV being a rehash of MGSV are acting as if Konami never rehashed the previous games before.

The entire pachinko biz is in decline. They just make profits on mobile and aps and sport consoles games and yugi oh.

Those were nothing but GOTY versions with some new content.

Is MG Survive included in MGSV: Ex Edition or whatever it's called?

look, their absence was enough to make people claim Skyrim was shit, so putting spears in any game must be an exponential improvement.

>MG:SV
>MGSV
woah

>a spear
This is what separates Cowadooty games from art.

>Those don't count! Because reasons!

>make MGR:R2
Best way to earn bucks while milking the franchise without Kojima

Those count, and they were scams.
So is MG Survive.

You see, the problem is that MGR2 would be a good idea, and Konami doesn't like that.

You sound like the kind of loser who's embarassed by the medium and would rather have all games be more like generic, safe hollywood films i.e. More "cinematic". I'll bet you like the new Tomb Raider games too, faggot

>YOU SHOULD BE USED TO BEING RIPPED OFF
Nope.

MG Survive is going to BOMB.

alright konamishills
name something that makes this stand out compared to the dozens of zombie survival games out there

>now the whole multiplayer half of the series is a scam

Wew kojima dick suckers will stop at nothing to protect his hero.

Name means plenty, moreso in Asian regions but in general it hype and popular names can take a mediocre or even broken game from barely break even to blockbuster in this age of pre-order hype culture.

V isn't just one person. Lets not forget Kojima is not some radical ideas man making many franchises.

His new game for Sony is Metal Gear without stealth.

Most people who leave companies tend to make clones of their old work, see Megaman creator or that Castlevania guy or the Final Fantasty creator.

The pachinko thing is a meme, they never moved on to it or even said they were going to move on to it.

they don't though
goty editions aren't rehashing anything

the only thing from your post i'll agree on is vr missions

the difference between this and VR missions is that VR missions perfectly captured the gameplay-side of MGS1. This does not capture what made MGSV gameplay great because Zombies do not behave like Soldiers, and playing against solider AI is what makes MGSV good.

The worst part of MGSV was fighting the Skulls and the weird zombie things they turned people into. This is a game of nothing but that.

So, the only arguments that Konami shills have in favor of MG Survive is :

>YOU ARE ALL KOJIMADRONES
and
>YOU SHOULD BE USED TO BEING SCAMMED

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Much better controls that let you go prone, crawl, roll, climb and generally traverse the map more effectively

Not at all, friend. It's nothing to do with games being made "generic" and "cinematic". I simply prefer Kiefer to Hayter, that's all.

Wait, the game has Lua?

What the fuck, I don't expect a language like that to run that big of a game

>GOTY editions are the same as MG Survive
What?

>His new game for Sony is Metal Gear without stealth
You really shouldn't make claims like this when we know literally nothing about its gameplay.

Or humor or good environments or tons of possible weapons

P.T. wasn't a metal gear clone
Boktai wasn't a metal gear clone
ZoE wasn't a metal gear clone

MGSV was barely even a metal gear game

>Those were nothing but GOTY versions with some new content.
Portable Ops Plus wasn't and neither were the MGS4 DLCs.

At any rate, Substance and Subsistence were obvious attempts to make you buy the games again at full price just get new content.

>Much better controls that let you go prone, crawl, roll, climb and generally traverse the map more effectively
What?
They are literally the same controls from MGSV.

I think that user wanted story zombie co-op and you named Dying Light and killing floor

>isekai
no thanks

>Portable Ops Plus
Everything related to Portable Ops is pure trash.

>neither were the MGS4 DLCs
That's the thing, those were map packs.
Not a new game.

MG Survive remains a scam.

Are you implying Lua isn't mod friendly? Are you retarded?

He basically said it's an action adventure game like Metal Gear.

I like his ideas but he is like Most Video Game creators, stuck on one concept or clones of their old work.

Try making a rpg or platformer.

>Being forced to buy a goty version just to get multiplayer is better than a 30 dollar standalone!

Exactly you dumb fuck. Name three zombie survival games that are not some braindead fps with basic controls, you can't.

Poor shills.

>taking a screenshot of your own post

He will clone them all later.

Muh creativity is a meme. It takes many people to make things let alone make something new.

i fucking hate Konami because of what they've done with their other franchises, but i have nothijg against the devs just trying to make a good game with what they have

This

And the intricate, greatly creative utilitarian stealth system which failure results in a giant horde arriving. Tell me this looks like the same shit as L4D or killing floor. Looks like a pretty fun game to play with my friends, so i'll wait until maybe a month after it's out to watch some material online maybe rent it from red box. But what we've seen so far looks good and there are obvious things to make it unique compared to other zombie games

Give three reasons why MG:SV is not MGSV or MGO3 DLC for 15 bucks.

I'll wait.

>MG Survive remains a scam.
How is it a scam if it's not being sold at full price?

Dead Rising and State of Decay, for example.

Are you legit saying that a regular multiplayer expansion and map packs are the same as Survive, user ?

I dunno. Saints Row's genre short was pretty out there

pro
>speculation
contra
>speculation

don't see anything wrong here

>Being forced to buy a goty version just to get multiplayer is better than a 30 dollar standalone!
Not to mention a better camera, since they insisted on keeping the shitty overhead view in vanilla MGS3 because >muh convention.

The fact that they are charging for it is already proof that it's a scam.

I mean, you yourself compared MG Survive to a bunch of map packs for an online mode.

Are you really using Dead Rising as an example of good movement in games

He said it was an action adventure game that people who were fans of Uncharted or The Division could enjoy. That seems pretty far from Metal Gear's stealth action formula.

>The player will be controlling Norman Reedus’ character and it will be an action game if you really want to put a genre on it,” he said. “For example, when I made Metal Gear, it was an action game but it was different because the main thing was about hiding. People eventually ended up calling that ‘stealth action’. In this game the player will be controlling Norman but by playing it they will find something different
Literally saying it'll be different to metal gear.

DAILY REMINDER

mgs5 would have been far better if it was a spinof (like mgr) were it focused on loud and lethal gameplay with you playing as miller and is centered on revenge

Why didn't you turn around dumb ass

So exciting.

Are you using MGSV as an example of good movement in videogames yourself?
You can't even fucking jump.

They did it out of pure necessity and everything turned out ok. When SR first laaunched everyone knew they were just trying to cash in on San Andreas' success before Rockstar could put their own title on the 7th gen consoles

There's no such thing as an original idea. Everything is inspired and influenced by other things, and everything can be compared to something else.

say what you will I got pretty hyped when that horde climbed over the building

>I mean, you yourself compared MG Survive to a bunch of map packs for an online mode.
It's not like those map packs for MGS4 Online were free either.

ACTION PACKED CQC!

Lack of hiding. Still in same genre, might even make it to hide from whatever he is afraid of.

Certainly won't have espionage for sure.

>those fucking animations

It's just so jarring how fucking bad they look compared to the MGSV ones.

nah fuck off. attaching balloons to things is fun

Yeah just let whoever's developing it eat... idk, thoughts and wishes? You have to pay people for work you dense fuck

>good movement requires jump

How could anyone think this looks good? I see a lot of comments from people saying "Well for $30.00 I'd play it". Jesus Christ, have some standards. The melee combat looks awful, the enemies look slow and boring and the barricade system looks like it'll get old really fast. The gameplay is going to boil down to "Find Objective. Set up objective. Survive for x amount of time. Find next objective." which would maybe be fine if the enemies were intelligent beings and Metal Gears as that would at least add some excitement to the battles. This literally looks like open world Resident Evil: Revelations multiplayer with barricades.

It's not like they were worth money either, much like MG Survive.

If you do a bad job you deserve no money.

>you can't even fucking jump
in what situation in the mgs games would you have needed a button to jump ?
besides you can already interact with the environment enough to NOT need a jump button

>Not one zombie decided to attack the player
This is fucking horrid
L4D2 has better AI

That's my point but people think Kojima is some crazy innovative radical ideas man. When he just adds stuff on a franchise.

There's no platforming, but besides that, you can jump over shit when prompted. Keep trying to jump through hoops to say mgsv's movement isn't more worthwhile than just standard fps controls, it's rich

All the climbable shit has prompts for it, what does it matter?

>I demand being able to jump in place like a cunt!

>implying he wont attach balloons to niggers
???

>''good movement''
>doesn't have a basic action like jumping
No.

I think they do attack, it's just that the player attacks quicker and always staggers them. Aren't zombie games supposed to make zombies threatening?

This is what you faggots get for not playing MGO3 which is superior to MGSV and this bullshit.

underage b&

>NOT
>A
>SINGLE
>ZOMBIE
>ATTACKING
>THE
>PLAYER

Konami really screwed up their PR here.
Fans are concerned about the zombie theme, even though they already confirmed that it isn't just zombies as enemies and yet they used 15 whole minutes to showcase nothing but zombies.

Horde with stealth action, other monsters?

>i-i-it's still not good movement !
>you're wrong because i said so !
christ this generation of gamers

those new animations look like ass.

>g-g-guys, stealth is still in h-here...

>it's irrelevant because zombies don't pay attention to you

>there's no way to prevent zombies from reaching the antena by being stealthy

Choke on my fuck, cockmutant. You don't mess with Solid's voice.

All of you are missing the biggest point of the situation.

>MB Coin locked content will be galore

Wait for it. You really think this games customization will be better than MGSV?

Fucking BIKINI's take 6 days to craft and cost over 200 MB Coins to complete.

You will buy the game for 30 bucks and you will end up spending over 200 dollars before the week is over.

>B-but you're just guessing
Pretend Konami hasn't been fucking you over since Metal Gear Solid 2

Why hello there fellow imageboard user. I sure do like videogames!

Why does this game exist?

Not him, but Solid Snake isn't relevant anymore. His story is over. Leave it in the past.

>there's no way to prevent zombies from reaching the antena by being stealthy
You don't know that, in this gameplay video the horde only came when the fourth player sprinted back into the encampment.
The mission ended in failure too, which suggests that alerting the zombie crowd and attacking them isn't the right solution.

I didn't care about the MB coin situation in MGSV one bit

what was so bad about it?

>gameplay was literally the only thing going for this game
>completely butchered

I can't even get mad, this game is such a clusterfuck that I can only laugh.

>Not him, but Solid Snake isn't relevant anymore.
He's the only reason why people remember this series fondly. He's not relevant to you because you jumped on the bandwagon after Rising came out.

literally everybody shitting on this game in here mentionned microtransactions user

>Believing what the narrator says
Fucking shills everywhere

Yeah, but do you actually need to ?

It'll be about holding the antena a certain amount of time and killing enough zombies to prevent that.

It's the quickest way to make a new game out of existing content.

Microtransactions are the devil and should be purged.

>You won't be able to transfer your MGO3 custom characters into this game
>Konami has already copied how your custom characters looked for the trailer

Why live

>material collecting
>base defense
>crafting
>hunger and thirst system

I shouldnt be liking this, I'm sorry Kojima!
Zombies are still boring though. It would have been better if the enemies were the soldies who attacked Motherbase, and not fucking zombies.

>want to build a fucking bikini outfit
>6 days to develop
>want to develop a new FOB platform
>10 days to develop
>Unless you buy some MB Coins™ my beloved goy

what a boredom

>no the first post by this IP
>replies to OP

Greetings, shill.

How do you fall if you never rose up in thr first place.

Still not bizarre.
Firing kojima himself was the bizarre part.

>you jumped on the bandwagon after Rising came out.
You're right.

so it's all FOB and cosmetic shit?

alright, don't care

This, it's not bad, but it's not good, it's worse, it looks uninteresting, bland and boring.

Feels like this game will be like Mirrors Edge 2, it will come out, and no one will give a fuck.

>Metal Gear!
>but with zombies
Come on! It's apparently another dimension, couldn't japs go wild and insert some fun monsters? Hell, if it was somehow linked with Earth's spirituality then they could put in some youkai or some shit, you know, some japanese self-wank.

It's like having a huge mole on your face.

Technically speaking it isn't SO bad, but you'd really rather live without.

People don't think he's some
>crazy innovative radical ideas man

They just recognize the fact he's passionate about what he does moreso than almost anyone else in the industry and that counts for a lot when the norm is the kind of soulless mentality carried by companies like EA and, oh, say, Konami

No it's also weapons, and combat deployment, and FOB Insurance etc.

Plus they are going to push them hard in MG Survive, obviously.

Solid had lines in GZ?
The fuck?

>MGS 4 isn't remembered fondly.

maybe by memers like yourself

Metal Gear stopped being about Solid Snake specifically the moment Kojima decided to turn Snake into a legacy character similar to Link from the Zelda series.

>Turn Fox Engine's ~ menu into base crafting
>Add some zombies
>Add 2 melee weapons and a bow
>Pasta MGSV's levels
>Add fog
>Turn Codex white
>Change the texture options for MGO content
>Go back to config and enable the ability to swap different materials from INF to ENF
>Sell for 25 bucks

I don't blame Konami. I blame the mod community for being too stupid to hack the game. This entire game could of been made by the mod community for free.

Gave me a good laugh, thanks.

>I blame the mod community for being too stupid to hack the game
My little user can't be this retarded.

I mean I see what you're trying to say

but your shit's all fucked up senpai

There's a reason why there's only one big mod for this game.
All the modding community is in Skyrim and New Vegas.

They should've just made it a Castlevania spinoff, but I guess that would mean less model recycling.

I meant good. I have a stomach virus please excuse me.

>the autist is at it again

i legitimately have no idea what the fuck this game is supposed to be and i keep skipping ahead in the video because it looks boring as fuck

is it dayz but metal gear or some shit?

>making co-op Last of Us in the Fox Engine out of Phantom Pain assets
Are they trying to sell us a mod?

So are you, shill.
At least we know it's always the same people praising this crap.

get well soon

does that mean you're constantly switching between shitting and puking, occasionally doing the two at the sae time ?

Trying? They are selling us a mod. The people who keep saying "have standards" will end up buying the game anyway.

Once Konami gives us another glimpse of the customization, user's will open their wallets all over again.

Pretty much, a paid zombie mod for MGSV.
Stay away from it.

Drink a lot of water, it helps a lot.

Actually all MG Survive is doing is giving me a new found appretiation for MGSV.

Just watery shits with a burning asshole. The regular. I want to stick a ice cube up my ass so bad.

oh it ain't so bad then, but I feel ya.

I would almost like to play a day-z style game in this engine it could be fun.
You know, zombie survival asshole simulator. I wonder how well it'd work

haha

I'm going to buy it once I find a copy in my country's shifty second hand media chain.

The sucker who bought it before me can make the mistake of giving his money to Konami, I'm going to buy it once I find a copy in my country's shifty second hand media chain. I'd rather give my money to them.

hello shills

In Deja Vu.

youtube.com/watch?v=UW-3N84QF1s

Game looks fine, all these dislikes from good little kojima drones

Jumping as a fucking basic if game has obstacles you have to get over.

don't reply to me I don't care about your autism
last reply to you

>The game will cost $25-30 dollars
>Which means CD-KEY will sell it for 10-15 bucks, maybe

amirite

Feh soulllesss. Main objective is to sell games.

nasty ass cracka

Actually it's a compromise
>standalone MGSV expansion
>30$

Look at that top quality post editing. I really outdid myself there.

Holy shit, this is actually worse than I thought.

Zero fucking atmosphere, it's literally Afghanistan with a generic fog. Zombies aren't even a fucking threat, getting caught by them is less scary than getting caught in the middle of OKB Zero.

Also
>that spear

Be careful there user. Stomach Viruses spread by karma dunchaknow

Well I will get it when it drops to 5$ and if it has single player.

Hopefully they'll make the enemies an actual threat.
The only problem the players seem to have had was not enough bullets going out fast enough to kill all the zombies, which could probably be solved by going full retard on an MG turret.

you already have something else that accomodates you just as well
why are you like this user

>Zombies aren't even a fucking threat
>Developers are going to die in a demo
I mean come the fuck on

Man, don't you play as like, a traitor or something?

>generic fog
It's the fog from the Skulls encounters.

>...!
>...!!
>...!!!
>You reeled in too soon...

Looks incredibly dull.

Kojima doesn't want to sell games.
He wants to make movies.

I took a burning shit today. I feel you, user.

>take one of the worst ever Hackjima's ideas
>make a whole game about it

HOLY SHIT. I thought that now when Kojima's gone we'll finally get a Metal Gear game without idiotic dumb shit.

Also these zombies are less interesting than Skulls, which is quite an accomplishment.

I think it already is single-player
they just have particular missions that you can play co-op if you wish to do so

And that's why they made all zombies directly ignore everyone?

The theory is that you play as Mosquito who goes crazy after being left behind.

Yeah, the main goal of a company is to make money off a product, but that doesn't mean our main objective is to mindlessly give our money to them. It's people like Kojima, though not necessarily Kojima himself, that we want more of because it means the games we buy and the games these companies are making money off actually have some love and passion behind them, rather than being formulaic pastiches of market-researched trends guaranteed to be the safest generators of revenue.

pretty sure they're just the clickers from last of us
blind but not deaf

He used up all the resources Konami had. He didn't leave the company the way it was before MGS V started development.

Man this without hackjima I though we could get finaly a good metal gear game but nope.

>He used up all the resources Konami had.

If Konami only had 80 million they would have gone under long ago.

What was wrong with just jumping over stuff? You had more control instead of waiting for animation to end.

Imagine a version of MGO that did a Spies vs Mercs style mode with that basebuilding for the mercenaries, while the spies had to sneak past whatever the other team made.
Instead, we get the world's least aggressive zombies.

Those were extra content.

I got a nasty case of heatstroke a couple of weeks ago and had the shits for two straight days, barely slept as a result. It was worryingly reddish towards the end of it.

Get well soon, bud. Pooping problems are bad problems.

>He didn't leave the company the way it was before MGS V started development
Literally the only difference between the company when he left it and the company when MGSV started development is Konami was left with one less Kojima and an extra 80mil from MGSV's profits at the very least.

Konami is a colossal company that has a division that sells fucking bottled water, lad. There's no way in hell Kojima could have consumed all their resources even if MGSV had actually bombed.

>people actually think this shit wasn't planned when Kojima was still in Konami
Between Skulls being zombie like and Kojima being buddies with Reedus you'd have to be retarded to think otherwise. Kojima is a easily influenced man after all especially when it comes to something straight out of USA.

>Zombies sound like barking dogs

>tfw no Zombie Bears, Sheeps, Birds, Wolves, or Gerbils

>tfw death stranding final boss will be donald trump

You are a faggot.

>barking dogs
the noises they make sound more like shattering glass to me

I can see that happening or at least the last fight being a sickly woman which you have to tag team with a Trump lookalike/expy.

>implying

If Kojima were involved Survive would look like total shit instead of okay.

If Kojima was involved Survive would be the joke game before revealing the actual one.

Konami is the one that would make Snake Eraser an actual game.
They have absolutely no idea of what they are doing.

>mexicans are stranding on american soil
>you play norman reedus who teams up with donald trump to make these live strandings into death strandings
>the baby represents the american dream
>it grows as you defend the border
it all makes sense now

Looks cool, but after what, a single mission, I'm betting it'll be really boring.
What's the goal? Collect supplies and then defend a base? That'll be fun once at best. The melee looks like absolute shit too, and how open is the world, do you have all of afghan to run around in and is there even a point to it.

>if Kojima was involved Survive would look like shit
>when all the game is built of reused assets of Kojima's game
>when the few new elements that are not straight up reused crap from MGSV, Kojima's game, are those laughable animations

if Kojima were involved everyone would falsely expect some fucking miracle of a story with plot twists and returning characters and they'd love it

>that bow animation

it's gonna be shit

kek this

Yeah, instead people have already accepted that MG Survive is going to be crap.

>everyone would falsely expect some fucking miracle of a story with plot twists and returning characters and they'd love it
we got exactly that with MGS4 and everyone fucking hated it

I like you.

Also, I noticed the demo did not display any type of "running" attacks.

Going melee will be shit if your only able to straddle.

>this game winds up just being another Big Boss nightmare

The people that made those assets still work for Konami. It's just Kojima - the idea man - that got the boot. Watch the making of MGS2 and you'll realize how little of what people actually like in MGS is his ideas.

>The nigga lead the fucking zombies back to the base
This is why white people hate us.

No one is going to allow niggas in their group when this game releases.

>everyone fucking hated it
No, just Cred Forums.

Then how come those bow, machete and spear animations look so bad?

Is Kojipro so useless without Kojima they can't even make proper animations?

what exactly do you think a director does, user

that base defense was pretty cool I liked the fences

We Madworld now

>they took away sprint melee attacks because no one has a bionic arm

i thought the fox engine was advanced enough to fluidly interpolate between keyframes but now i have extreme praise for the polish that went into mgsv

Oversees the game designers? You know the people that make the game actually playable?

Huh, that building model is different than the one in TPP even though it's in the exact same location.

Did the make new assets just to recreate the exact same fucking map? What the fuck.

What was it all for? If Konami has some plan, what is it?

>madworld

I do want to play it but my jew senses won't let me spend 30 bucks on it knowing I'm spending 30 bucks on 85% of files I already have on my computer.

I just want to see the other zombie types. I want to see some leapers and underground zombies.

oh I'm not paying 30$ for it either I'll wait for a sale

>that weapon reload animation is just a slowed down version of the reload animation from the tranq pistol

in part, yes

the director is the one who decides when the game designers' work is in a state that could be considered acceptable

it doesn't matter if kojima didn't hand-program the animations or build the assets, he's the one who made the call on whether or not they're good enough to ship and it looks like his absence is noticeable

they only kept the basic groundworks of the map

I noticed they added way more foliage too and those mother base wrecks

Salvage whatever they can from their western market. They know they can't sell pachislot machines here, they can't just abandon their western branches and let go of all that potential profit. So they keep the only two franchises that sell well enough to warrant continued production: MGS and PES. They already abandoned the video game business in their homeland anyway. They're just throwing us scraps, in hopes that it will be enough for them to survive in that state.

director - Hideo Kojima, Keiji Inafune
designer - Hideki Kamiya
See the difference?

Shitty standalone dlc. Most gameplay and assets lifted straight up from MGSV.

They made a terrible decision by trying to sell this off as a standalone. had they released it as an expansion/dlc to MGSV I think people would have bitched at them a lot less.

>want to make new metal gear
>call it metal gear SURVIVE so when people look up mgs they'll find it and not solid
>dont know how to make enemy AI
>We'll make it a zombie game so we dont have to try and improve our ai
>btw lets put a the compass over the character because fuck you

>Shitty standalone dlc.
It's MGO all over again, then.

I hate to defend this game but there is a lethal version of the WU pistol. It could be that.

You're reaching and you probably never played MGSV

Everything is mostly formulas.

I don't understand that sort of thinking

How would you even BEGIN to work this into MGSV?
Mechanically it's so different from it.

Also I don't understand what the difference would be between 30$ standalone game and 30$ DLC.

No wait
Okay...
Metal Gear Rising Resurrection, directed by Tomonobu Itagaki Only on Xbox one.

This at least looks like a better zombie game than resident evil 7

It could be worked into MGSV the same way Undead Nightmare was worked into Red Dead Redemption.

They share the same model.

are you implying that because two people share the same job role they're literally the same

also
>kojima
>not a game designer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima
notice how he's credited as game designer for every mainline MGS

and how different is Undead Nightmare from RDR?

>we
I don't want anything else from Kojima, his delusions of kinography are what caused this debacle we're in to begin with. I don't want more broken, unfinished games like MGS V and I don't want some idiotic story that plays like Garth Merenghi wrote it.

RDR and it's DLC is classic.

Don't even fucking bring that game in here with this shit.

No, user.

Kamiya and Kojima are both directors and game designers.
Inafune is a producer. He hasn't directed a game in his life.

>I don't want anything else from Kojima
Which is why I said
>though not necessarily Kojima himself

Please read the posts you reply to thoroughly.

he brought it up
and don't dodge the fucking question you sissy

how different is undead nightmare from RDR?

You were being vague, I was being specific. I don't need to address your post specifically because this is an open discussion. Try to use that stool between your ears when you use this board.

Its not. Just faggots crying about about Kojima the Konami Killer was fired.

Muh cutscenes.

>the menus are changed cosmetically
>constant bloom effect and no weather
>there are zombies everywhere instead of npcs
>different story

That's it. Sounds familiar...

>the game turns out to be better than MGS5

who wanna squad up?

>I don't need to address your post specifically
Then why did you do so by both quoting the post and my use of "we" as if I was explicitly asking for more Kojima? You responded to me as if I was saying something explicitly contrary to your own statement.

I wasn't being vague, I was talking about the subject of creative minds vs business practice, not Kojima himself. A personal attack does not make you look like the reasonable one here.

Because you were speaking for other people. I'm starting to think these people live inside your head.