DS2 apologists are this desperate, huh?

>copy pasted armour
>copy pasted weapons
>copy pasted characters
>copy pasted anor londo
>copy pasted magic
>shitty large human in armour boss fights
>copy pasted miracles

These seven flaws make this game objectively worse than Dark Souls 2.

don't forget about the copy pasted story that dark souls 2 avoided

Dark Souls 2 is the best Souls game, largely due to how much variety and replayability it has. That's why threads like this will become more common over time.

delete this

Ever since people expressed even the slightest disappointment in DaS3, DaS2 shills tried their hardest to scramble for reasons to convince people that it's better when it's not.

DaS3 could've been better but it is nowhere near being worse than DaS2. No Souls game is.

Does anyone really take these DS2 kids seriously anymore?

I'd say so, considering that SotFS has more active players on Steam than Dark Souls 3

First playthrough: DS3
Replay value: DS2

Feels like I'm the only one that liked all of the games. I just like 3 the least because of the linearity, MP bar, and miracles being really bad this time around. It was still good, though. I just wonder why they got rid of the new and improved riposte and backstab animations from 2 and just reused the old ones from the first.

Thats irrelevant, DS2 is PVP so obviously it would have more players.

steamspy.com/app/374320
steamspy.com/app/335300
killyouself

You're right. Bloodborne is better.

That and all weapons are objectively way shittier than straight swords

Riposte from 2 was almost comically bad

>Oh no I got parried
>Well time for a nap

>Can go through dancer to castle (if you're good enough) instead of to the undead settlement
>Can split off between the witch and the swamp
>Can split off from the boreal valley and deep down to the Smouldering Lake
>Can split between Anor Londo or the Irithyl dungeon (which leads to super secret dragon-land)
>Can go through Lothric castle or down into the consumed King's garden

I've played through that game more times than almost any other game and it's never once been the same journey.

The parry knockdown was strange but at least the weapons all had 3 separate critical animations. One for the knockdown after a parry, a different one for guard break ripostes, and another for backstabs. DS3 just uses the same animation for all three criticals. You even get silliness like great scythes being stabbed into people like they were a straight sword.

Got SotFS on PS4 for $13 to play the DLC. Had originally finished vanilla on PS3 so had to start a new character.

Holy shit what a chore to get to the DLC. The game itself just feels like ass to play.

No

>le sub 100 hours face
Casual were a mistake. Plus even if you kill dancer you're still roadblocked by the Grand Archive doors, not that you would have seen that first hand to know about it.

I'd like to applaud the guy(s) who came up with these "Let's love / Let's hate Dark Souls 2," he's playing both sides of the field to stir up some drama. You've succeeded because you've got me triggered a bit whenever this all thing comes up.

I adore the franchise as a whole and I am genuinely one of the few who like Dark Souls 2 the most. I know it's a flawed game with its slower movement, some questionable hitboxes on certain enemies, and downgraded graphics, but it has the most interesting places to explore of all of them and at anytime you always have like three different side paths to take. I adore Team-B's world design.

Also, yes, Dark Souls 3 is a super linear game to a fault. It feels very restrictive when you just feel like exploring and finding new items instead of pressing on to the next boss one after another.

>my opinion can't stand on its own so I have to pretend it's objective

At least they didnt fuck it up by adding a green tint and a shit ton of more enemies in ds2 sotfs

The dancer meme thing people did hardly counts as you cannot continue much past her.

Other than that it's always the same shit, you always head down from the castle, kill the molerat and generally do the same fucking route everytime.

DS1 on the otherhand you can just go to the catacombs asap, mess around in there and maybe head to the spooky neato lair (until the door). Various other things and places which are viable from the very start of the game (New Londo, Blighttown, Izalith) and a lot more places with the Master Key.

DS1 and Demon's Souls are still both games that I can just pick up, play and just roam around with another new character, build and maybe do something different this time.

DS3 is hardly like that, it's not a bad game though, just lacks variety and player choices.
Thus for me the game died really fast after playing it a couple of times with a few characters, I think I had maybe 300 hours played. Compared to DS1, in which I had 2000 hours.

>2000 hours
How do you play it for that long. More importantly for one game

This is the type of people we share Cred Forums with

As I said; I can just pick it up and mess around.

Granted you can do that with anything, but strictly speaking doing that with DS3 is not fun.

I get your point with how ds3 is to linear and will lessen the replay experience. But still 2000 hours is a lot for one game in general

It was and still is, a very fun game.

If you think a game is good and you like it and you don't at least play it +500 hours you are a casual normie

Definately can agree with that

Ok

I probably had 1000+ hours in RE4 on PC alone. And I had this game in nearly all ports. If its fun, continue playing. And I had games with longer playtimes like Warriors Orochi / DW6. I even replay Saints Row 3 and 4 on occasion.

DS1 and 2 had more replayability, but I will hold off my further opinion of 3 until the DLCs.

It is pretty fun, but DS2 left a pretty good impression to me that DS3 felt like 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

>v is now claiming 2>3

You guys are the fucking worst. You'll literally grasp onto anything to be different. Fucking faggots.

Pretty much sums up my opinion.

Been playing since DeS, and while I like dks3 more than 2, it was definitely the most linear of the souls game series.

Dark souls 2 was the worst souls game

as someone who skipped Dark Souls II I can confidently say that that III is just an annoying piece of crap. Not even CLOSE to as good as the first. I don't even feel like the gameplay, controls, or ai has improved. It's harder for sure but completely lacks any coherent sense of design. The rendering is fucking atrocious, the color scheme is bland and boring as shit, and it's not optimized for shit. It's barely fun, barely good, and it's already forgotten for a reason.

man I wish bloodborne wasn't PS exclusive

I've played DS1,BB and DeS, is 3 really that bad?

I'm holding off until the GOTY edition with all the dlc.

playing ds2 soft 4k atm, looks beautiful

None of this matters when it has some of the worst vanilla level designs in the series as-well as the worst PvE in the series.

dark souls 2 did all that and it was the THIRD game in the series.

still havent played 3, i just want more BB dlc ;_;

No, it's a meme.
It's basically a cross between dark souls and demons souls. The world is somewhat connected, but the level design is more linear.
The combat is also fine. The only problem is when it comes to pvp, but even then it's only worse than DaS 1 pvp and is about equal to the heal / parry fest that was BB pvp.

It's a meme that was forced by BB fags.

3 is trash for not letting you punish fags who chug down estus drinks

It's fantastic, don't listen to the memesters.

Personally I think it's a bit worse than the ones you listed, but it's so much better than 2 it's not even in the same league, no doubt in my mind about that.

The linearity complaint only refers to the connectivity of the levels, not the levels themselves which have for the most part fantastic level design, on par with the series standards.

2 is just a mess.

I just don't understand why they made it that way. They obviously had to have known that part of DS1's iconic success was the branching paths and the minimalistic "hub", right? Why not replicate it? Not every sequel has to be different.