what game other than super hexagon does this

Story
Normal
Hard
Insano

Dante Must Die should be in every game

Easy medium hard.

Who this?

I don't know, but Ninja Gaiden's difficulties come close.

easy
medium
hard
extreme
extreme+

I want to smell Yukino's drool.

normie
Cred Forumsaggot

Easy
Normal
Hard

Or just Normal and Hard.

Normal and Expert. Prove me wrong.

Normal
Hard
Dante Must Die/Critical/Infinite Climax/

see

delete this fuckng image

Possible
Impossible

Normal and Hard
Cheats for the plebs

I have to agree.

Hell or Hell

Easy/Normal/Hard
They should have meaningful differences, though. Hard enemies have better AI, tactics, etc, while Easy enemies come in smaller numbers or some bullshit. Just not
>Easy, enemies have 1/2 damage and HP
>Medium, enemies have normal stats
>Hard, enemies are bulletsponges that hit like a truck

Games should only have whatever difficulty the devs want to make, so they don't waste resources, that could be use in improving the game, trying to appeal to a bigger demographic, or worse doing easy changes like the negative examples in but wasting everyone else time

5 like most old fps games. Fifth one being incredibly difficult and not even remotely fair

Jennifer Hepler mode
Very Easy mode
Easy mode
Normal mode

Tourist
Adventurer
Hero

A game should deliberately mock the player for playing on easy,like ninja gaiden or Iwtbtb does,easy players are mostly cutscenefags who want easy dopamine out of baby difficulty accomplishements.

Normal mode should be there,vanilla game,vanilla challenge. The guy went trought the game on a legit difficulty level and deserves to be congratulated.

Then we put hard mode,this one should give the player an award for accomplishing It,because the player went the extra mile.Skins,cutscenes,modes,all are good to award this hardcore man.

Then there's very hard,and nothing higher,no meme european dante must give me plenty mode,this difficulty should be well set by making the player a glass cannon and punishing him so hard that he would rather get hit In the ballsack In real life then take a hit ingame.The challenge must however remain entertaining and doable. Balance according to the game If needed,no bulletsponge and no only 2 viable options.Player will be rewarded for his sweat and pain accordingly with things such as dev rooms,art galleries,dev commentary and a fedex'd asian qt.

one singular difficulty with fantastic ai and mechanics

artificial difficulty is cancerous trash

autism
autism

Babby
Casual
Hardcore
Impossible

"Easy" should never be a difficulty in any game. Normal should always be the easiest one and by that, I don't mean to just rename "Normal" to "Easy".

Normal for the first playthrough, so you can take your time exploring and/or getting combat down.

Hard for having a bigger challenge or your second playthrough.

Dante Must Die if you want a real challenge and genuinely beat the game.

I actually like this one a lot.

Normal
Hard
Big Dick

I want to bully Tsubasa.

Normal

Hard- -health, +enemy health, -resources

Extreme (upon completing normal or hard)
--health, ++enemy health, --resources
Advance AI tactics, Puzzle scramble, True ending

I don't like difficulties in the first place. If they're numbers tweaks, they're boring. If they're mechanical changes, then on some level the developers' expression was limited because they either had to over design or under design their vision at some point.

Difficulty should be handled through player choices (e.g. class, equipment, etc.).

Difficulty modes are a crutch for incompetent developers who can't make a proper difficulty curve.

Number tweaks can be great though. Especially in fps. Make everything die in just few shots

I like difficulties that have different names like baby, junior, average joe, hard headed, lunatic

0.1 to 10.0 in .1 increments

beating the game unlocks difficulty up to 11.0

No difficulty modes. Just in game mechanics and ways to make the game harder for you if you so desire

>This is probably hideaki annos best work
Why did it have to have a shitty ending?

>I'm such a fag that I have to play everything on the hardest difficulty and will not lower it
>but I absolutely hate when the enemies have retarded health or damage resistance, especially when player skill isn't a factor in combat
>mfw trying to play oblivion with OOO a few years back

There was a point where I got an enemy stuck on some rocks and I still couldn't kill him because he took 20+ hits to kill and had a instant cast full heal and infinite mana

Easy Normal Hard. Keep it simple.
Or adding Very Easy and Expert right from the start is fine too.

Normal, Hard, Expert

Why don't you just make 10.0 harder, and make 10.0 be the top number and make that a little harder?

But this game goes to 11.

Baby
Normal
Expert
Inferno
Inferno Extreme
Inferno Extreme Holocaust

incentive for beating the game and replayability I suppose

Dark Souls 2 should be the prime example on how to handle difficulty

>everyone starts on the same difficulty
>ng+ has harder enemies
>extra enemies added in places you wouldn't expect
>new equipment

really the only thing they needed to do was have bosses do different moves and its perfect

>bulletsponges
Please never design a game

i want to succ arima

something something it takes more time something something illusion of difficulty something something arin hanson

Games shouldnt have difficulties

So only difficulty option is to beat the game once? Nah

This kind of shit never made sense to me. A tourist can kill anything in one hit and survive everything, but a hero struggles against trashmobs?

>people and reviewers complain about game being too easy to beat
>very easy mode turns final boss into QTE
>shitters retroactively BTFO when it's revealed they only played on the easiest difficulty
mfw

I know I remember this happening, I just can't remember the game.

-I'm just here to tell my friends I beat the game!
-Don't ruin my tender backside!
-Let's do this!
-Roid em up!
-THE FLESH IS WEAK!
-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that's what bonfire ascetics are for, it stinks that they didn't have them in 3

I havent beat ds2 yet but arent those incredibly rare

new game
new game+
new game++
etc

1 2 3 4 5

Just because you're dead inside doesn't mean your game has to be.

not really, you can buy them from certain vendors, and if you play it right you can multiply them by increasing the difficulty on areas that spawn multiples of them

I always default to the hardest so I enjoy it when they have unlockable harder difficulties

Normie-Tier
Challenging
Hard
-----------Unlock-----------
Bullshit
Gay
Unenjoyable

Idiot
Very Easy
Easy
Normal
Hard
Very Hard
Extreme
Maniac

What are all you idiots doing making a million fucking difficulties?
You'd be lucky if someone played your lame ass game once.

There should only be one difficulty and the game should be challenging all the way throughout.

Rogue Squadron nailed this.

No difficulties

Just make the fucking game how you envision it

THIS
What if the if they envision a game with different difficulties?
What if they are like platinum and difficulties are just an excuse to reuse assets to make new encounters?

Blue Rare
Rare
Med Rare
Med
Med Well
Well
Burnt all to fuck

shouldn't blue rare be the hardest difficulty?

reverse it and have RAW as the highest difficulty

>Ready for a challenge
>Test my mastery
>Hurt me

Rare is hardest difficulty. Literally disgusting and hard to swallow.

Well done is easiest difficulty. Absolutely delicious and easy to eat.

auto play
beginner
easy
casual

I don't like hard games, I don't like dying or having to redo something. Games are too hard :(

Die choking on a sponge

Normal (Challenging but fair)
Hard (Unlocked after beating normal, faster enemies, harder patterns, extra phase for every boss, redesigned puzzles now requiring you to exploit the games mechanics in an unorthodox way and requiring knowledge of the levels from normal playthrough, extra locked doors that forces you to find an alternate path to get across, harsher difficulty curve with extra added difficulty spikes, surprise midbosses, rarer checkpoints, no potions, impossible true last boss, has true ending, all character/enemy stats are exactly the same as they were in normal so no bullet sponge/one-hit kill bullshit)

It's supposed to be representative of the player I think, as a tourist wants to see the sights and the hero wants a challenge

It's more of a "which are you" thing

Rich White Woman
Hispanic Lesbian
Straight White Man
Poor Black Man With No Father

These days it's hard to tell if posts like this are bait or not.

Mondo Weenie
Weenie
Tough Guy
Mondo Tough Guy