twitter.com/AnonBabble

Give me one (1) reason why 64 isn't superior

shit game tbqh

Dairly Beloved, Bladewise's wedding tournament is going on right now, senpai

streaming on endgametv1

I hope Android is the new Alliance player

it'll probably be ICE or Amsah

What tech are you guys working on?

I'm practicing light-press L cancelling and buffered tech options into shine.

My defensive techs are generally worse than my offensive ones, so it's something i really need to build up.

I'm a jiggly main. what's tech?

Melee is shit. Prove me right.

Not even Jiggly mains are exempt from tech skill. That's one of the major things separating good puffs from shit puffs.

i'm pretty shit tbqhwyf

g..guys, does anyone have any young link tips ?
For now I'm just playing against top tier's cpu on 20XX

>amsah
kek nobody wants to sponser washed up shit

imbalanced game

It's okay, I'm shit too. Even though puff's wavedash is pathetic, you'd be surprised how much more evasive you can be if you incorporate it into your play. Also L-cancelling. ALWAYS.

yeah, practicing aerial drift is what I do more than wavedashing. but sometimes i'll wavedash back Fsmash or wavedash forward grab.

ive seen a lot of young link players in my time, and you can really see the difference between good and bad ones. the trick is to pick a better char

I do play other char, but is there any better char than the one I have fun to play with?

FALCON PUNCH

>went to my first melee tournament today,
>nervous as fuck but sit down and try to blend in
>first match is againts the top player there
>proceeds to wreck me with my own main

It was fun. You really do learn more from actual tournament play. I noticed my biggest flaws now so it's time to get training

megec scrotom here what if viable fox had luigis knee

Who do you main and why?

>tfw leffen made more people hate him
based

>went to my first Smash meetup today
>absolutely trash at the game
>have played a grand total of less than 30 mins

They were really nice and friendly. I think I made a few new friends, even though I got my ass constantly handed to me.

For someone who lives in an area with a dead scene the 20XX hack is a miracle. It's ridiculous how much I've been able to improve against the new AI without ever playing actual people.

Regardless I know I'll never be able to get truly gud just playing against the CPU, no matter how beefed up it gets.

Melee is shit. Why hasnt this awful game died yet.

Falco/Marth
Been maining Falco since the game came out and I was shit and Marth just feels so damn good.

Netplay or do you have shitty internet?

I've never played fox at a high level. Why do people fuck their hands up playing him?

You don't need to play at a high level to know why.

Even at a low level Fox takes double/triple the amount of inputs to get his shit done.

I have decent internet, it's my rig that's shit. Can't get anything over 30 FPS. I don't really game much on PC though which is why I haven't upgraded.

You have to press buttons like a madman to even get decent results with him, his frame windows are just ridiculously tight. I usually practice stuff with Fox now and then and it really does hurt your hands, I can't even imagine what it does to Fox mains.

I always thought the GameCube had the most ergonomic controller.
Would a different design make a difference?

doubt it, it's more about how you grip the controller than the controller itself. If you grip it too tightly that will guaranteed fuck up your hands, unfortunately the amount of inputs Fox requires (and even playing Melee in general) leads a lot of players to do just that.

I saw ppu use a button box? I don't know what to call it. It's like a fight stick without sticks.

Seemed pretty neat and super easy to dash dance with

Haven't seen it, has he used it any big tourneys or only locals?

I saw it a few days ago at the foundry.

Hitbox makes/is going to make a hitbox for Smash. No idea if its good or not, but their demo thing was pretty impressive.

Go learn wavedash out of shield, it's bretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=6_MjBMX2BVY
Do it this way.

Hopefully it takes off, hitbox has done a lot for the pm community and generally pretty great people

Is it this?

youtube.com/watch?v=UM-NKXS1m2I

I never understood this shit, can people really not release and repress a shoulder button during jump squat frames?
Also for puff its better to jump most of the time, considering her ground movement is garbage

Yeah.

I can't man. It's too perfect.

100% won't be legal for any tournament of value.

I don't see how. Scrumpy's shit is all retarded.

I used to be all fox for 64, when my friends and I thought we were the only ones going hard on smash bros. Melee is when things got serious and it was all Ganon and Jigglypuff.

Puff's garbage ground movement is exactly why she needs wd, otherwise everyone will just hold shield

Even if it were better "most of the time", it's still very much worth learning. Hbox uses wavedash OoS F-smash very well, as well as wavedash OoS to grab.

The actual process in that video isn't really hard to understand man. you hold down the trigger until you get to the final portion. Then you just press that final notch after you jump to wavedash.

Get netplay

I think young link is kinda okay at lower levels of play, you just need to camp like a total fucking faggot. Against people who powershield your projectiles and pressure your shield safely, you're fucked.

Alright. I want one. Kind of.

>tfw two Big House's in a row without Leffen and PPMD

Try watching Axe and Armada's Young Links (especially Axe's) and see what they do and how they do it.

>tfw hax will never come back

What? Last I heard they were both scheduled to be there.

PPMD said yes at the time but his recent update said NO BIG HOUSE BUT SOON GUYS :) like he's been doing the past 2 fucking years

Just say your retired don't cocktease us PP

howdy Meleefams

how's everything?

what is this

Mango's fursona.

A space goat

Wavedaesh Games' spacie OC
smashboards.com/threads/wavedash-games-unveils-their-space-animal.441698/

That looks like shit.

anyone wanna netplay me?

Up-Tilt

He said his hand is fucking destroyed and he has pain all the time

Melee has more than one legal stage

Whats with the bland character designs for this game?

i blame the hero shooters fad

youtu.be/0zHUUjcAw90

REVENGE OF FALCON

that concept art is awful but i actually kind of like the model

>mike haze getting fucked up by vish
JUST

Looks too human like tbqh

And he just won the last SSS

Smh, senpai

They should have made this game super cartoony and silly instead of trying too hard to look cool.

>pm died for this

did you like it?

Who /peachy/ here?

any gameplay?

no

nope, not yet

Do your parents know you're gay?

>How to make no one play your game.jpg

At least the mango dick riders will buy this. Which is at least a third of people that follow melee

Why not just call him mango since you got everything else there

>named kidd
>not THE kidd
smdh

I'm not a yoshi main though.

Although I do think Yoshi is fun to play.

>He JC grabs against jiggs as Marth/Sheik.
Step it up sempai. I'm a shitty fox and I even know to boost grab that pink bitch when playing as Marth.

I'm retarded. Please explain the difference between jump cancel, regular, and boost grabs

JC grab is like a dash grab but with the standing grab animation. Dash grab usually has more endlag. I dont know what the fuck a boost grab is I dont play fag characters

Boost grab takes momentum of a dash attack and adds it to running grab
Gives extra range but more lag if you miss
More risk/more reward

Thanks senpai

Its hard to git gud in melee when you're an old fuck like me. I know how Hugo and Ken feel

Nigger if Michael Phelps can win gold medals at 31 then you can learn how to play a video game.

Melee is a huge fucking time commitment.Not only do you need to grind tech to make sure you do it consistently under tournament settings, you also have to analyze top level play and your play in order to fully understand the neutral game and improve your punish game. Michael Phelps has also been doing this since he was a kid. A nobody even in olympic swimming probably gets paid enough to live. GL paying bills playing fucking melee only kek.

Ken doesn't take the game seriously anymore lets be honest.
Do feel bad for Hugo though. Nigga puts in mad work.

Does he? I never see him practice on stream and he barely keeps up with the meta

Who /Ganon/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=zvnOGc5vJ6E

Any other non-top8 main players here? I have a Falco on the side but will ride with the King of Evil til the end.

Fuck Sheik.

Only Sheik should Boost Grab. She gets a 3.7something speed multiplier.
Everybody else that works for (Falco, Ganon, Falcon, Fox, Marth) they get like 1.4 to 1.1
Not worth the extra frames, just dash grab if you want a low grab.

Right here bro. Nothing feels better than landing those meaty ass hits and sending them flying. Wavelanding us is also crazy fun.

#11 on the PR at my college, which has some crazy good competition.

Also I'd fight a shiek over a falcon any day. FUCK that nairing faggot.

Chudat is living proof you can be a fucking old timer and still go head to head with the best of him
Guy couldnt even afford to go to majors for half the year and he's still a top 8 regular

Falcon is dumb with his whole nairplane shit into grab but at least he doesn't get that fucking braindead chaingrab. Like I get it that we have an arguably better chaingrab on Sheik, that's a true 0-to-death, but fuck she has a way easier time getting that grab.

Chudat is Chu good tho

He's definitely our guy

Who here /misses PPMD/?

Definitely. and Hax.
I even miss Leffen

He needs to stream more. Why is he so fucking likeable

Im primarily a Falco main myself, but I have a Ganon on the side for when Im fucking around, theres just a certain element of satisfaction taking a stock with only 5-6 hits. Also Im from Cuckada so I end up rooting for a Ganon main half the time whether I like it or not.

Kage dropped him to secondary.
Feels bad man.
Also Ganon is a pretty good secondary if only for his ICs/Samus MU.

To be fair he would get rekt if he went to more locals and people saw more of his play. Chu isn't even number 1 in MDVA. ICs are fucking horrible but his fundamentals are soo good he just outplays or intentionally janks the fuck outta lower level players who don't fully know the MU.

Kage dropped him? I had no idea, Ive been too busy with school to watching too much melee recently, Im assuming he switched to falcon or something? I remember he had a falcon secondary at one point. And yeah I like having a Ganon as a secondary, especially since my Falco/ICs matchup is a bit lacking, ironic since one of the best players in my region is an ICs main who can play on a comparable level to Chillin at least in PM, though again Ive been busy and havent been to many tourneys in awhile. Its also nice since I can play Ganon without having to worry about some raging fag coming along with sheik and pushing my shit in hopefully

Yeah he still uses Ganon but he's focusing on his Falcon. It's quite the recent thing too since he got Sponsored.
He also has a "Fox" but holy shit it's not there yet.
He still uses Ganon on Fountain/Yoshi as counterpick thing.

Is it as bad as m2ks fox? He plays so autistically with his short hop double laser camping

My brothers

My scene is pretty much shot as most people around here spent there time memeing about Melee than playing it, and no one can set up a long standing weekly because they keep dying.

I still have Ganon as my main, but I'm trying have Marth has a FD counterpick against spacies

>m2k fox
>bad

Granted when he's not 100% it looks too stiff and antsy, but It's taken games off of Leffen's Fox, and no one expected that.

going to a tourney tomorrow. Falco main in new york. Also going to the big house this year!

>three fairs and they're at 45% and being edgeguarded

HNNNG. This is why i love Ganon

How recently though?

Referring to Pax Prime 2015 when he 6-0'd Leffen, Granted it was in 2015 so its not as recent but I think it still counts

youtube.com/watch?v=xXiqlxcEeXA

great set, This was after leffen destroyed m2k after smash con i think too. Kind of solidified m2k again as a top player to some

Yeah It's one of my favorite "recent" sets. My other favorite is when m2k beat Armada at Smash Summit 3-0 which is a huge accomplishment because it's only the 2nd time he's been able to beat Armada, and he beat Armada using Marth, which many top players didnt really have faith. But he labbed it out with Blur and fucking made it happen. Check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=-PHP9ZTu7No

what's your favorite tournament of all time to watch?
Mines a tie between Apex 2015 and The Big House 4. Mango played fucking incredible at DESU

Falcon main from Georgia here, catch me at NaCl

APEX 2015 was one of the best. PPMD coming down from the mountains and beating the swedes who were dominating at the time was amazing.

EVO 2016 imo was fucking sick, especially the grand finals. I literally screamed when Hungrybox did the clutch rest to reset the bracket. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and was happy Hbox won

I think Genesis 3 was absolutely INSANE

I remember the the threads going nuclear as Mang0 steadily climbed the losers bracket. It went fucking crazy when he reset the bracket with Armada. It was even more heartbreaking when he couldnt pull off the victory though. He even said in his tweets that he basically ran out of gas. I think he could have done.

I think Evo 2015 was great for Leffen getting trounced by Axe and Plup and for Armada finally getting a well deserved Evo victory

Like said about Evo 2016 showed a lot of progress for the up and coming smashers like PPU and Johnny, withh PPU finally breaking his curse and Johnny beating his Westballz demon. I didnt want Hbox to win and I personally think he can be as much of an egotist as Mang0 but hey I think pulling off a bracket reset deserves some praise

I love armada, so i was cheering against hbox the whole time lol. Im attending the big house 6 next month and there is talk about PP maybe going. Would make the trip worth it just to meet him

Hashtag thank you blur

>its a kid
>its a juvenile goat

I actually like the idea behind it, I just don't really like his design
His face is annoying, his horns are stupid, his arms are twiggy and his fingers are weird and ugly

>tfw wanted to sign up for Big House but have to have competed in at least three smashgg tournies first

>what's your favorite tournament of all time to watch?

Apex 2015
Genesis 3
GOML 2016

Big House 4 and MLG Anaheim get my honorable mentions.

are there any smash mods that are character reskins?
so for example instead of nintendo ips, the roster is made of shrek characters

Doing reskins is not easy, generally they tend to require many layers.

youtube.com/watch?v=NF4P0UFapHI

thats the spirit

when will hugs stop playing like a top 50 player and more like top 20 again

why did you guys stop tuning in?

They stopped showing PM on Twitch.

I stopped caring about gimrs personality and the chillin/chu doc effect calmed down. Its still there, tbf, but not enough to make me wacth a md/va weekly

>addicted to grinding tech skill
>hands hurt
help

Do it for him

to be fair my hands hurt more like they're overworked, not recurring tendon pain or whatever the fuck. Just need to slow down and let them recover

No PM and all the shit gimr has done in the past year or two has made me not want to even give the kike views

What's he done in the past year?

begging for donations when all his videos got renamed to some random smash 4 and didnt even try and get youtube to revert it before begging for money

They stopped running 64.

That'sADarkHorse is the place to be.

>they still think mang0 is the GOAT

Hold the controller properly, take regular, long breaks, and if you ever start feeling any discomfort stop immediately to let it go away and stretch.

>he says as the searing aching in his wrists compounds more and more each day he spends clawing his hands over a laptop keyboard

who hfam here?