Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

So now that Apollo has let it go and moved on, will the next game be about Athena?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo
youtube.com/watch?v=3i1eAO1DOCA
youtube.com/watch?v=mPD2vEbYyAE
youtube.com/watch?v=tw09_QS-J7M
youtube.com/watch?v=Zrgd7fUnjmo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6tidI8NNo
youtube.com/watch?v=yU6cFm69T6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What was your reaction when you started episode 5 and the silhouette on the lower screen was Apollo?

Credit goes to tumblr for the pic.

I mean, didn't they set themselves up for the next game being able to switch cases between khur'ain and California

now there's two agencies, and they can keep bringing back the divination seance instead of making it a one game thing

Going to be a timeskip about 5 years in the future.

Wright has another junior in his agency, Athena is actually not a shit lawyer for once.
More law agencies pop up in Kura'in, Apollo has a junior attorney Ahlbi
Apollo and Wright do an exchange in which Ahlbi joins Wright's agency to learn from him and Wright's new junior studies under Apollo (serves as the tuturial case for Kura'in mechanics)

Game ends with Phoenix, Apollo, and Edgeworth fucking off and putting together the Jury system.

I already knew

I spent the rest of the first day waiting for the game to switch to Phoenix.
Boy I sure was glad it didn't.

Anyone who thinks Apollo won't be in the next game is pretty stupid.

>tfw too lazy to screencap retarded posts like this one

i was expecting phoenix. but im kinda glad it wasnt him. Athena or Apollo wouldve been good

>credit goes to tumblr

that's not how credit works

Don't worry, I got you.

well we're gonna see in 3 years time won't we

I want other characters to get spinoff games
but the spinoffs sell like ass even in Japan so that won't happen

A tumblrette made it.

Right, that sort of makes sense, except Apollo and Clay looked REALLY young in that picture you get of them

I'm still somewhat unclear on whether Apollo met Amara (which would be weird considering he should know in 6-5) and what the fuck Lamiroir was doing. Was she just high or something?

Easiest (You)s in my fucking life.

>BLOOOOON

>I was only pretending to be retarded
Don't worry, (you) can have them. It's all (you) have,

>Wants to become a lawyer for whatever reason whether its Dhurke or Phoenix
It can be both, as Phoenix had both Edgeowrth and Mia

Naw, man. Based on how these things usually tend to go, Apollo won't appear much throughout the next game except through namedrops and references.

However, in the final case, Nick will mention that he's "prepared a trump card", and leave everyone wondering what he's talking about. Just when things are at their bleakest, suddenly, the court doors will open. A New Trial is in Session will start playing and Apollo will be standing there, finger pointing out and yelling "OBJECTION! Sorry I'm late, Mr. Wright! It took some time but I brought the evidence you asked for! Everything's gonna be OKAY!"

>Apollo and Clay looked REALLY young in that picture you get of them
Apollo says in DD he met Clay in junior high, therefore he was at least 12.

I think the idea is that Dhurke sent Apollo to the US right before taking Amara back.

So, who influenced Apollo more? Dhurke, Phoenix, or Kristoph?

They're not going to do the jury system again. AA4 was pretty much just propaganda (for the lack of a better word) to drum up support for the trial jury system going on in Japan at the time, and it's since not gone down too well or some shit hence it being dropped from future games.

A young Mia game could be nice, liked how feisty/catty she was in that one flashback case with her in AA3

He will get his own DLC case though.

what's a kristoph?

both dhruke and phoenix preach the same philosophy, just in different ways

Okay, but that means he waited 10-12 years to do so, right? And then Amara apparently still loved him... but didn't when SoJ happened and instead thought he was a murderer?

>I'm still somewhat unclear on whether Apollo met Amara

I'm sure they didn't meet. It was likely that Dhurke sent Apollo to America before he went to go rescue Amara.

>and what the fuck Lamiroir was doing. Was she just high or something?

It was stated in game that after the "assassination" of Amara, the country was in chaos and all the tourists were sent away. She likely went back to America and assumed her son died with Jove.

The point is, we don't know why Apollo became a Lawyer, he doesn't have a clear-cut reason like Phoenix or Athene did. It could be purely out of interest.

"Ha Ha Ha. There's nothing up my sleeve. I don't NEED to hide anything up there...because I require no tricks or gimmicks. For you see...my magic is the real deal."

"That's right, I am the forgotten magician -- abandoned to the dark understage of history.

"THE GREAT MR. REUS!"

>She likely went back to America and assumed her son died with Jove.

Now I know this game is obviously somewhat of a retcon, but she didn't seem remotely surprised in AJ when Phoenix told her about Apollo. I always had the impression that after she regained her memory she knew both her kids were alive, somehow.

It's probably no big deal and will be handwaved, but it's weird.

>Trucy hid in Edgeworth's suitcase
I bet it was that gaudy thing Rhoda gave him in AAI-2. We know it's big enough to hide an adult.

Will they ever get married?

She never lost her memory until the magic accident which happened after the fact. I don't remember when she regained it.

She probably wasn't surprised because she likely assumed it before then by reading News of Apollo's success in courts. Phoenix simply confirmed what she already knew.

Wait, so this game actually is Apollo Justice 2?
Sweet

I forgot how she reacts to seeing Apollo in 4-3.

The game is Apollo Justice

you can pretend the original didn't exist

Last case was epic. The whole plot was something that could only come out of ace attorney.

I got a bit confused though. Why was Inga still going on with the hostage plot if Durke already got shot and presumably helped maya escape?

Yes, only this time it's about Apollo for real. Appropriately it's called Phoenix Wright instead.

But how does she know Apollo is her son at all? I mean, potentially a photo of the bracelet or something, but that kind of news/picture ending up in Whateverthefuckistan where she was seems unlikely.

This is all just speculation so I'm just guessing here.

Maybe he didn't go until years later because he didn't realize she survived until then. Is it mentioned when he found that out?

He just told her his side of the story and when she and Rayfa were taken back, maybe she just didn't know what to believe. He didn't have any definitive proof after all.

Did you forget that she's blind.

he had to blackmail Phoenix

I could swear a detective almost got a game, but I don't think it was Gumshoe, it might have been Ema

He was bluffing to keep Phoenix in his hands. Once Dhurke answered the phone and he realized it was a freed Maya channeling him, he threatened Dhurke with Amara instead.

>Why was Inga still going on with the hostage plot if Durke already got shot and presumably helped maya escape?

Inga thought Durke was still alive. The hostage this time was Amara.

Yeah, AAI1 was originally planned to be an Ema game

I did, actually. Whoops.

>Apollo is her son at all?
Same name
Bracelet

those were the biggest clues.

Phoenix simply confirmed it.

You would kind of expect her to launch some sort of fucking investigation on how he lived in the years between the fire and the start of AJ, wouldn't you?

She's pretty fucking weird, something she shares with other "good" moms

I did, I can't remember if she got her sight back at the end of AA4 or not. But it wouldn't be hard for her to figure it out that there's a man around the age her son would be if he was still alive, with the same name wearing a strange bracelet of a peculiar design who ended up winning a trial by accusing his boss

*oh* right! thanks for the clarification. It's easy to loose track of this stuff the more bizarre it gets. :(

SHIT

You know, if at the end of AJ she went and talked to them, I would defend her. But she made Phoenix wait two years because she wanted to spend more time with a "blind" faggot. Just terrible.

At first I was somewhat disgruntled in the beginning of the case for pulling a fifth Gramarye out of nowhere but in the end I quite liked his character.

Really makes you wonder why Trucy even bothers with the Gramarye name considering their shit history. If I were her I would just try to erase their shitty past and start the Wright Troupe.

>You would kind of expect her to launch some sort of fucking investigation on how he lived in the years between the fire and the start of AJ, wouldn't you?

Why? She assume he died with Jove and then lost her memory a few years later. By the time she got her memory back, Apollo was doing alright.

You mean he was doing fine.

I wrote a big list of events of 6-5 to try and straighten it all up a few threads ago, I wonder if anyone saved it. I could rewrite it otherwise.

I always hated Apollo. Thank God.

Thanks Holy Mother.

>Nick is the same bumbling buffoon as always while you're playing as him in 6-1 and 6-3
>absolutely ruthless during the civil trial
What's the reason for the dramatic increase in IQ?

he's going to be in the next game, ga'ran

>Really makes you wonder why Trucy even bothers with the Gramarye name considering their shit history
Because their magic is super awesome even if they were a bunch of assholes.

Would you not want to know how your son grew up? And got away from the foreign country he was in?

t. Her Eminence

>I did, I can't remember if she got her sight back at the end of AA4
I think they show in the end that she started to regain her sight.

you're not in his mind

Not getting to see his inner thoughts.

I don't think Phoenix ever felt like a rookie in this game at all, he just had a completely unfair justice system working against him.

The thing that made him believe in miracles, what else.

>FUCKING GRAMARYES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She probably does, we don't even know what she's up to, only Phoenix does. She doesn't want Apollo/Trucy to know of her existence because she know's she's a shit mother

He doesn't use the nervous animation nearly as much, either. He's just unnaturally composed.

I loved the Khura'in crowd.

DEATH DEATH DEATH
DEATH DEATH DEATH
DEATH DEATH DEATH

Yeah but she could have just used their magic without the Gramarye name. Who would stop her?

Phoenix is acting as he always does. The difference is you don't get his inner dialogue where we see how much he's bluffing.

The next game is surely going to be a spin-off game about Troupe Gramarye

But Phoenix can't tell her because he didn't know - it's established in SoJ that he never told anyone. You'd expect her or Phoenix to do some digging, but they... didn't.

I know this is probably looking too much into something they didn't really think about between AJ and SoJ so they'll probably handwave it in AA7

Most terrifying moment in the game right here

The curse of the Defense's Bench cuts down his power level.

Go back to your jail cell witch

Ew, Edgeworth is like, 35, man.

I don't think he realized it was Maya chanelling him. Perhaps he just thought that Dhurke released and hides Maya in a safe place.

Heh. When was this?

Rhoda can't be much younger.

First half of 3-5.

I think she's around the same age as Edgey.

Oh. I thought you were talking about Trucy.

Edgeworth needs to marry Justine instead

Rhoda/Edgeworth is the best solution for Edgeworth

I got hard everytime Justice showed up in AAI2.

>Maya will still be a cake.

Nope, he was the one who put Dhurke's corpse in the sarcophagus and it could only be opened from outside by himself and Ga'ran. Also, Dhurke told him he "literally couldn't lay a finger on Maya". I should reread that conversation to be sure Inga figures out what he means there, but I remember thinking he did.

My first thought was that Athena is kidnapped. But who would've guessed, it was Maya instead.

Is it my imagination or were there no stepladders in this game?

You mean ladder right?

>Athena fell asleep at the airport
God damn it, woman!

Bird vs. Airplane argument in 6-5. What's funny is that it happens in a room with a ladder.

I was kinda bummed that not every speech bubble was voiced in this game. It was a nice touch in PLvPW.

THAT'S ENOUGH and SUCH INSOLENCE are still good ones though

maya is too real for that

Forgot to save the picture, but there's a point where Maya says something like 'I'm over the stepladder argument'

SATURA

Which lawyer would you say is the most homo?

Right when the music hits is a great moment too

SILENCE!

>Bird vs. Airplane argument in 6-5
Also Newt vs. Gecko

Godot.

Actually
it's just a plain old lizard

I might be dumb, just realized why the Mr. in Mr. Reus

Mysterious

I'll be your guide
Peace, Love, and Understandin'
Bunnie and Bat-ty
Rajah Ratings the Ratings Rajah
Man of Mystery
Trust in me
Believe in me
Prays a lot
That's a rebel
Gale Tornado
Wind Tornado
Tyfoon Tornado
Politician

Gaspen

How could this name be any longer or more pompous than it already is

>Rajah Ratings the Ratings Rajah
>Prays a lot

FUCK

>Believe in me
Faith in me

Datz Inmee

I thought it was Mr Ruse instead and they made a typo.

This turned out to be kind of mediocre actually.

They should've saved this for when Phoenix truly goes full despair and turns into an actual villain.

I guessed that Zeh'Lot was the Kee'ra vigilante because initially I thought the pun was on zealot, thein i got the first name and the actual pun
I guess I was right for the wrong reasons

Also Anonymous (TBD)

What does that even mean?

How about no?

Something like "get your head out of the clouds"

>their tears are filling up their glasses

made up khura'inese, wiki says it basically means "wake up"

>no expression, no expression

>no tomorrow, no tomorrow

>and I find it kind of funny

YES

>all around me are familiar faces

Nope.

Have you ever considered that maybe Nick's moments of excess sweating and worry are actually all in his head, and on the outside he's wearing a pokerface during those segments?

It'd certainly make sense.

>tfw a fifteen year old series can still produce new favorites

No because the prosecution comments on it all the time.

Nick has a face like an open book and the people around him can practically read his mind. Even if he's not actually making that face they could still tell

Best case 2 villain yet.

Polly can't tell.

Luke Atmey is up there too though.

In 6-2, Athena says something like "Trucy's a bad girl" after going through her bag. What was suppose to be in the bag?

1. fake doctor recipes
2. embarrassing photos of apollo
3. dildo/condoms

choose one

She stole Apollo's manga

I'm halfway through case 3 and already the kura'inese characters are pissinh me off to no end. Prosecutor anal beads got his shit pushed in by Apollo and rayfa had her little dance routine proven to be unreliable twice, yet everyone still acts like they can do no wrong and Phoenix is a lying sack of shit.

The entire kura'inese people piss me off, I hope they get what's coming to them in the next half of the game.

>Trucy's been tying Athena up to teach her "escape tricks"
Ballgag.

I think this might be the lewdest AA game so far.

Leave you fool

Embarrasing snapshot of Apollo at the chirstmas party

>tfw we will never see the wright anything agency christmas party
>and if we did someone would die there

>Everyone bullying Rayfa's chest
>Trucy's bag
>Kisegawa, courtesan
>BLOON! TWIST TWIST.
>Camera man filming Bonny
>Breast close ups
>Strip search
>Hand holding

It's was lewd as fuck

Do they even have Christmas parties in Japanifornia?

Yes
Larry was dressed as Santa in the first game

>Everyone bullying Rayfa's chest
NO BULLY! I REPEAT! NO BULLY!

>Rayfa is taller than 18 year old Pearl

how long until mmd model

Has anyone ripped the models from Layton vs. or Dual Destinies?

Can Pearl be classified as a midget?

Is Nick still a virgin?

Probably.
Now Edgeworth is a confirmed master wizard.
Fujos are a damn plague.

I want to believe that Edgey and Rhoda hit it off.

I NEED LEGS DAMMIT. GET THIS CRAP OUT OF MY FACE

Phoenix got the first hit when he motivated Poly during Trucy's case, and then praised him afterward, and then Dhurk finally made his impact during the trial of case 5.

I want Nick to find a nice girl and get married already. I don't care if it's Maya, Iris, Ema, Ema's Sister, Franzy, Trucy's mom or even fucking Pearl. Just SOMEONE.

How does anyone genuinely think Edgeworth is straight when there have been official comments stating he's not into women.

Fine, Edgey and Oldbag then. No one considers that thing a "woman", right?

Holy shit, I kept calling him pronouncing Datz's last name as Airball, since he does that alley-oop thing.

Why are you being so desperate?

BLOOOON!

I can't think of any men who aren't A) murderers, B) dead, C) taken, D) defense attorneys or E) Larry.

datz

So...
What the fuck happened to Iris?
We know Gumshoe is still working, and whatever the other characters (like Larry) are doing doesn't matter, except for Iris (and Lana Skye)
Did Phoenix and her just not work out?

>D) defense attorneys
Why does this matter?

Well she took a vow of celibacy, you see.

Gumshoe
A multitude of witnesses and wrongly accused

Defense attorneys and prosecutors? Getting MARRIED?

You disgust me.

He's with the bird, though.

Since it's already forbidden love, they might as well go all the way.

I had a feeling it would be him, but I'm glad it didn't cop out and go to Phoenix for day two.

Yeah, but what defense attorney would be interested in him?

Nick's the only one who'd work, and he's straight. Allegedly. According to backstory.

6-5 made me think.
Who exactly wins Best Mom in the AA universe? Terrible moms seem to be a recurring theme.

Amara. She was there the whole time.

Nick. He takes in children of failed mothers and gives them a home.

>Nick's the only one who'd work, and he's straight. Allegedly. According to backstory.
Phoenix changed the entire course of his life because of Edgeworth. Who he knew in fourth grade for about a year. He's definitely into girls, but I don't think it's that unreasonable to think he's bi.

To be honest, I half-expected to adopt another kid in Spirit of Justice.

She believed Dhurke was the one who tried to assassinate her and didn't catch on to the lies of her "beloved sister".
At best Amara is a fool.

You do know you can take screenshots through miiverse?

Justine
Even if she isn't a real mother

>finish SoJ
>feeling down because it's over
>decide to look back into DD to scratch the itch, haven't played it in years

wew

I don't know what I saw in Turnabout Academy the first time I played it, but it's gone now

It's not mine

Still seems better than most others I can think of. Metis is dead so it's hard to gauge her.

I was meh with it at first because it felt way too cliche but then the Trial happened and I fell in love with it. It's up there with The Stolen Turnabout for sure.

I'm surprised Spirits of Justice didn't get an M rating too, I mean, corpse mutilation is pretty intense, but 2 people are straight up shot in this one, and there's all the talk of Hell, going to Hell, the very real threat of public executions, and the armed guards with proper gun-shaped guns.

I know that Metis really did love Athena and everything did was for her.

But the fact of the matter is if your child grows up believing you didn't give a shit about her, you probably fucked up at some point.

>he thinks Datz was a bad character

After how incredibly terrible Dual Destinies and ZE3 were I had given up hope for SoJ, but holy crap was it the best game since T&T or what? (except maybe AAI2)

>he thinks Datz was a bad character

What? Who the fuck said that?

>DGS2 will release before DGS1 does in the west

How the fuck is Datz 45? He looks like he's maybe 30.

That case had more character development for Apollo than either his own game or anything in Dual Destinies.

They did a really good job with him. I'm glad they didn't "cop out and return to Phoenix" as another user aptly said.

I'd laugh if they instead made it about somebody else, and then made some kind of running joke about Athena asking for but never getting her own game.

>Hey kid, wanna join our cause?

Why isn't lust part of the mood matrix?

He was a paratrooper for some country then became Dhurke's right hand, that seems about the right age for that kind of path

What's going on here?
It is a hidden feature, we just didn't see it when she held Apollo's hand or when Apollo got strip searched

Trucy is in the gallery, turning up the intensity whenever Athena objects.

I don't have a shit what the next game is about. Datz NEEDS to return

youtube.com/watch?v=3i1eAO1DOCA

Whatever happened to quality fan videos

>Suddenly start hoping for a localization for both after DGS2 got announced

Why do I keep doing this to myself?

youtube.com/watch?v=mPD2vEbYyAE

How man dlc cases are there? And how many costume DLC's are there?

For all the hoops Paul went through to force Phoenix to defend him, he wasn't really threatening.

>yfw 2 victims

The thing with AA is that the quality has been a roller coaster since day 1, so it's easier for newer games to be as good or better than the first few games

I guess you could say this was the game where they finally did Apollo's character Justice.

I can't believe Maya is fucking dead...

no

So SoJ is just PW and TT put together?

Elder god tier breakdown.

Like poetry

I've never wanted a character to come back as much as her. Especially since she's literally the perfect assistant material for the next game.

You forget the entire legal system has been fucked for 23 years, the pacing of the revolution made perfect sense to me.

Picture it like someone convincing you to change presidential candidates you support, you're not going to instantly switch from republican to democrat so quickly, you'd want to stick to what you're accustomed to.

That's why the development of the characters hits harder in the final case, because the pacing works to this effect.

Well Maya's life was in danger, how did you expect him to act? He acted a similar way when it happened the first time.

I was really expecting a new "lose" animation for Wright when Apollo beat him to the punch, i was really disappointing just seeing the regular shock animation.

Would have been even better if Apollo got to use the bracelet on Wright at some point.

She's going to Khu'rain. Definitely coming back.

>the 5 hour civil trial and investigation were only the prologue to the real Case 5
BRAVO CAPCOM

>*flash*
>Your Benevolence. As princess, you are destined to rule this kingdom one day.

MAKE IT STOP

Remember how hard Kay, a character who promised to always stick with Edgeworth was dropped? I wouldn't call Sarge's return a guarantee.

>Trucy gave Bonny and Betty and invintation to join the Wright Anything Agency
Ya know, I kinda wish they'd employ someone who isn't a lawyer.

That's why Sarge is going to get hired as their expert on weapons and military tactics.

I hated this nigger but I be damned if he didn't get laughs out of me.

>literally walks off the stand when asked a difficult question
>answers questions with unrelated nonsense
>breakdown was something out of a cartoon

Fuck this might be the first game where there wasn't a witness I hated.

>tfw instead of bothering to play this game you just looked up the playthrough on YouTube and watched it at 2x speed

Luke Atmey is better, but Reus is pretty sweet.

>returning character speculation

Remember when people thought AA6 would star these guys?

Also
>make character that has crush on Apollo
>he moves to the far east one game later

I thought his name was like a British person saying "that's 'orrible"

I mean Kay is just in AAI series. Were there talks about bringing her over to the main series?

Can we bring Justine, Ray, and Sebastian too?

Fucking faggot.

Me too.

Is this a Rare Pepe

I agree. She's the perfect assistant, with potential to beat all the rest. She can inspire you with military commands, search for evidence with her drone, and woo the crowd as a loli. Perfection.

There's always next game. Larry wasn't in JFA but he came back for T&T.

Apollo/June is still OTP

I want Newman and Juniper to return S-O-O-N

>not O'connor
Pleb taste

WHY IS THE MUSIC

SO FUCKING GOOD

Because SoJ jas two different composers, I think. So some tracks are absolutely amazing while other suck hard. For example, compare Nahyuta's theme to the new Pursuit.

>and his DOUBLE

Can Cred Forums separate the good tracks from the bad tracks?

AA has got music down pat. Even the worst tracks are still good. The only one I kinda dislike is the Cross Examination music, and that's only because you hear that the most.

Why was Zak Gramayre such a piece of shit? Why was he so determined to keep setting Phoenix up?

Find a YouTube playlist of the ost and listen to the tracks one by one. It's actually easy to separate them.

I really wish they used the real twist of case 5 as its thought route.

Because he was very bored and wanted to get revenge on Wright for losing the trial even though he planned to lose the trial in the first place.

I've had The Revolutionaries ~ Dragons of Rebellion on repeat for almost 12 hours now.

Its a shame since Dual Destinies had such a goat Pursuit theme.

>Athena is pretty qt in episode 2
>becomes an annoying bitch again in later episodes

I remembered why I didn't like her

She's not annoying when you play as her in 6-4.

That case is exactly why she's an annoying bitch

>Inga wanted spiritual powers so he could be a spirit medium and rule the country

>Wouldn't be able to channel shit since he can't see faces

Maybe he wanted the power to be able to see faces
Maybe he knew his wife was fucking up the country and wanted his adorable little girl to succeed the throne.

>play as Athena
>your assistant does more work in solving the case than you do

They either need to make Athena not dependable on everyone else, or demote her to psychological assistant or fire her and have her work for the courts as an analytical psychologist to help witnesses remember shit for testimonies

He wanted to see his daughter's face

How do spiritual powers cure brain diseases?

Inga wasnt exactly the brightest crayon in the box

I can see Inga wanting to give the powers to Rayfa and murder Ga'ran himself to Rayfa can rule. Its evident that Inga loved his not daughter and probably hated the DC Act

this has never been stated anywhere and is head canon

Edgeworth playable again when

AAI3

>Fucking Ema comes back before Gumshoe

This is literally the only thing I disliked about this game, other then not being able to play as Nick+Maya for more of it.

They had the perfect chance to bring him back too, they could have had Ema be in one country while Gummy is in the other.

>tfw we can only have these threads once every 3 years or so

I'm gonna be sad when the conversation dies down bros

but I'm curious if the opinion on SoJ will remain high after this honeymoon period

Prosecutor Sahdmadhi was an international prosecutor. It makes more sense for him to have one detective that follows him.

The thumbnail makes it look like the white dog was bleeding from the neck and the brown dog was licking up the blood.

>Rhoda

Who?

Yeah, that's why it gets posted constantly

Personally, I think the music in this game is pretty mediocre.

I like Phoenix and Apollo's objection music, and some Khur'ain shit, but overall it was pretty forgettable.

Of course, most of the best tracks are from Iwadare.

They teased him too much; he must be the next returner. Then maybe Franziska.

i think i missed something

how did apollo know the name of his biological father in the end?

I remember Jove coming up somewhere before case 5, but I'm not sure where.

Dhurke told him.

wasn't Jove just his performance name?

>Jove just his

holy shit

Anyway if it worked I guess it wasn't. It's a weird name but Apollo is too.

Guess not. He was just a musician, he didn't necessarily need a stage name.

>replaying the first day of 6-5 after beating the game

It makes the awkward moments so much sadder

And then there's stuff like
>I wonder if even little Pearl would turn into a hulking giant if she had to channel one...

Datz makes it sound like Janglin' was his stage name, though it might have just been them grasping at a name starting with J.

Just finished AA6 today.

Anyone else really like Case 4? It was short, but sweet and we got Simon. The banter was real good too.

Simon and Nahyuta bantz was the best things about the case. Also Uendo and his personalities were fun. Made up for the fact that you had to play as Shithena

Athena's not even bad, but yes, Simon was great and the goofy moments reminded of why I enjoy this series so much.

Uendo is probably one of my favorite witness in the series

>tfw we will never get a different judge in the main series that's not a pallet swap

We got the Judge's younger brother that one time when Edgy was a lawyer.

How is this guy a pallet swap?

When I mean different I mean someone like Justine

Face it, user. Gumshoe is dead and he's probably never coming back.

Although it'd be nice to see her in mainline along with Kay and Debeste, the courtroom loses a lot of its charm without the judge we all know and love.

It's selling very badly.

I thought that the multiple personalities shit was lame, the murder weapon was dumb, and the end of the thought route was fucking retarded.

Since Justine is such a hardass, it'd probably require a less serious prosecutor to balance her out.
Which would cause butthurt with people anyway.

This managed to be even worse than DD.

The series is dead

>Maya confirmed nobra

As long as the prosecutor is kinda like Sebastian it should work out. Not all change is bad and I'm getting kinda tried of having the same judge for years

*tired

I was hoping to see a topless Maya concealed by the witness stand every time Tahrust's spirit left Maya's body

I wish that pursuit ~ overtaken played during the final case

I still can't believe how these games can make something as mundane as courtroom proceedings exiting.

>this Inga divination seance
What the fuck am I doing wrong? I can't match up a single insight and sensation, even though I know exactly what's going. Just let me present Ahlbi's Statement FUCK

I think it was like point out Man's Voice with a statement about him being surprised or something like that

Keep it on the "from his subordinate in the PALACE" text and then point out one of the sounds.

>mf during final logic progression from case 5

That almost stopped the case from being great.

>Apollo is suddenly the best character in the series

Did he redeemed himself on this game THAT HARD?

Fuck, I was working two steps ahead. I thought the small inconsistencies would be revised since there's enough information to point out the bigger picture.

Yeah, I got stuck on that one as well. It's one of the only ones where the necessary text from the insight doesn't actually line up with where it would be while you're watching it.

He was always a solid "rookie" character but this game all it took was Nick's praise for him to whip out his giant Attorney cock and slap around everyone in the courtroom.

Best witness, or bestest witness?

I love him so much. He was a lot of fun to cross examine. Hopefully we get another witness as good as him in the future or he returns

I really liked him a lot.

Men can't channel anyway.

I was SO SURE that he was the villain. And then Owen happened and it blew my fucking mind.

I thought that was because men don't inherit spiritual power with the exception of Apollo's power

What did everyone think of the actual DLC case?

>Being a pirate

>shirt has 4 different colors that probably represent each of his personalities

Whoa

I liked the Pirate DLC though.

It's been out for months you fool, unless you arrogant Americans still think you're the only people who matter

His collar is also a cloud, due to his name being Uendo (Wind) Toneido (Tornado).

His entire fucking existence is a pun and a Rakugo reference.

Still waiting for a Gumshoe investigation game. Something like L.A. Noire mixed with Layton Brothers.

Nice save, now no one knows you're an idiot.

I actually think Rayfa was right and he wanted the orb so that she could channel spirits and dethrone Ga'Ran.
Ga'Ran was a bitch and he truly loved his niece daughter.

Plus he knew men couldn't channel spirits anyway and The Holy Mother wasn't going to cure his prosopagnosia.

That and the pile of unsigned executions in his room kind of gives the impression that he was against the DC act.

Even Maya said he wasn't that bad and allowed her to eat burgers and watch tv while being kidnapped.

Inga did nothing wrong.

Save from what? The majority of people on this site are pirates

Owen was fucking adorable I don't care what anyone says. I'd adopt him.

They kinda made his character irredeemable with the whole secret police and killing dhurke thing
They could at least made it look like an fight that got out of hand or something.
Man I just like the idea of this asshole scumbag character being just a nice guy.

I just wanted to give Owen a big hug and tell him it'll be okay. He was such a cute kid.

I highly doubt he was against the DC act, since it was the driving force that basically made Ga'Ran and Inga's regime untouchable, but his whole plan is poorly thought out. Someone would have to actually channel the Holy Mother in order to receive the spiritual power, and that means either Rayfa or Maya, since Ga'Ran couldn't do it and Amara was probably not going to bend to his will either. Rayfa's too inexperienced to actually channel yet which means he either waits for her to level up or somehow forces Maya to do it before she leaves for Kurain Village after completing her training.

>somehow
You act as if he couldn't have just pointed a gun at Maya and told her to do it

Kay is obviously on some "spiritual" retreat somewhere. She'll return eventually I'm sure.

>BLOON! TWIST TWIST.

>Athena explicitly exploiting that to convince the judge
>The Judge's silent nod of approval ath the bouncing balloons

If he kills her he won't have anyone to channel the Holy Mother for who knows how long.

Rayfa is only 14 and still has trouble conducting Divination Seances. There's no way he could keep Maya kidnapped, and a secret, from Ga'ran and everyone else who was expecting her back home.

Gumshoe was mentioned by name in the DLC, so at least that's nice.

>secret police and killing dhurke thing

Ga'ran had his royal bootlickers, if he wanted to start a coup he needed loyal soldiers.
The only reason he killed Dhurke was so that he could get his hands on the Orb and crown Rayfa as the new queen.

I should have worded that better. He wasn't against the DC act but he seemed to be against killing or treating people badly without a reason.
Dhurke was on his way and he had to die, simple as that.

I'm guessing he also planned to be Rayfa's right hand man or counselor if she were to be the next queen.
He knew Dhurke and the rebels would never allow that so he had to kill them.

He was a corrupt, narcissist, ambitious man who really just loved his daughter and was against killing without a reason.

I just want to hug him everyday

>He was a corrupt, narcissist, ambitious man who really just loved his daughter and was against killing without a reason.
>against

He had no qualms killing anyone he deemed necessary, including his wife.

Unless you mean that "his" justification for killing them could be called an actual "reason".

I'm glad Apollo got his development and case 5 was one of the better last cases in the series, but I don't really know what to think of Apollo's backstory. It's just awfully contrived and feels like something you'd find in Marvel after 30 years of retconning.

I truly and honestly hope we're out of dark deep pasts for Apollo, he's gotten a new one in all 3 last games.

>Unless you mean that "his" justification for killing them could be called an actual "reason".

That's exactly what I meant. He was corrupt and way over his head, he didn't need to justify his actions. He simply had to kill everyone on his and his daughter's way.
Personally I think he's the most interesting character in the game and has a very grey morality.

I honestly think they originally wanted to make Inga a redeemable character.
The fact that he had a photo of Amara and Rayfa made me think that maybe he was loyal to the previous queen and was actually a good guy playing the role of an asshole.
Too bad they clearly dropped that idea and couldn't figure out a way to make it work.

Was Dhurke a legendary tier defense attorney like Phoenix or Mia?

>I truly and honestly hope we're out of dark deep pasts for Apollo
We'll get dark and deep futures once Phoenix tells him Thalassa is his mother and Trucy is his sister and he can't marry her.

I was dead sure they'd fail the seance because Jove Justice was a stage name, and was expecting Phoenix to know the real name since he knows about The Gramarye shitfest but apparently not.

Imo it would've been much better because that could've tied to Phoenix finally having to spill the beans about Polly and Trucy.

After that encounter in the tomb with Inga, I'd say yes.

I think the only thing that separated him from being a completely unrepentant murder tyrant was the fact that he literally could not become King and the fact that he saved that letter in the safe. If all that was standing between Inga and the Throne was Ga'ran and Rayfa, I have no doubt he would have poisoned Ga'ran and shipped Rayfa off to somewhere, hopefully, nice.

If Jove Justice was his real name, how could it be so damn hard to find any information on him?

>your dick when

TT > AA1 > SoJ > AJ > JFA > DD

I want to fuck myself while Bonny and Betty fuck each other.

I'm not really a leg man but bunny suits are my weakness
>Betty on the prosecutor bench
>the levitating trick
>the second video tape

Why is Athena such a lolicon? She drools over every little girl she sees.

That was really good
They went out of their way to make the animations interesting this time around

Yeah, I did not like DD because I felt the 3D couldn't even come close to the sprite art in AJ but they put some serious work into the models this time.

REMOVE Athena
I find her a bit annoying, especially her hair

She's still 19, you know. She can't possibly suddenly become better than other seasoned prosecutors.

I want to fuck Justine.

I might just be a sap but almost all of the cases in SoJ were bittersweet victories for me.

All of them except the second case had just the right amount of sadness and weight to them that makes you remember that people died and suffered and there will be repercussions for that.

Even in case 4, when all of her balloons deflate, she takes the wig off, and reveals that she was trying her best to honor her father while also following her master's instructions and still couldn't measure up.

>his real name is... Rheel Nehmu
Probably the greatest AA moment of all time tbqhwy

>It's just awfully contrived and feels like something you'd find in Marvel after 30 years of retconning.

As of T&T Phoenix's backstory wasn't much better, with his evil girlfriend having a twin and actually being the cousin of her former boss, that is also the daughter of the medium that was involved in the DL-6 case

Who doesn't want to fuck Justine in front of the goddess of law

And we still don't know anything about his family other than that his ancestor was a lawyer. There's still room for further bullshit.

I was seriously surprised by a lot of the animations and things they made us do in SoJ.

Hell, Trucy's testimony was really impressive.

Even Ahlbi is taller than Pearl and he's 8.

Rayfa trying to call Nahyuta big brother was too much for me.

>there have been official comments stating he's not into women.
Source?

That's down to earth compared to Apollo's clusterfuck. Ignoring all the farfetched craziness, just spending half his life in a country with a completely different culture should at least show somehow. He didn't just live there for a while, he GREW UP there. Athena studied a little psychology in Europe as a teen and she never shuts the fuck up with her german, spanish and french quips.

To be fair, Phoenix himself only got a stupid past in T&T whereas Apollo is secretly tied to some of the most important people in the series without even knowing it.

Hopefully AA7 won't give him yet another convoluted backstory that he conveniently doesn't remember. Hopefully AA7 is Athena's story with minimal involvement from Nick and Polly.

Poor Athena.
Got the worst case.
Didn't have any cave adventures.
Was sent to the gallery in the most important case.

Athena already has a messy past of her own, enough with the pasts already.

yfw this actually happened

Apollo has gotten a new past every game since he was introduced, why break the tradition? We can still go deeper.

>still no /ss/ doujin about them both

remind me what case are you talking about

>AA7 will reveal the unknown part of Apollo's past, specifically what happened during the time before he went from Japan to the US
My bet is somewhere in the EU.

4 and 5

Shock, but then indifference.

I was hoping they would've saved it for a bigger case, like maybe when Phoenix went full despair or something.

Mr. Wright, I never told you but... My full name is... Apollo Fey Edgeworth de Killer Skye Justice

>investigating Dhurke's office in case 5
>Athena: Here Apollo! Dhurke's eyepatch and huge jacket try putting them on!
>Athena: ... Actually don't, I'm cracking up just thinking about it!
Are they accidentally roasting Dual Destinies?

>not being able to play as Nick+Maya for more of it.

Wait for the DLC.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. This is one of the main reasons why I still can't bring myself to like Apollo, they're taking way too much advantage of his blank stale character status to advance the plot forward.
People say Athena is a Mary Sue, but to me Apollo is the one who deserves this title.

I thought it was stupid enough in DD where he suddenly picked up a verbal tick that wasn't present in AJ at all because of MUH SPACEMAN CHILDHOOD FRIEND, but SoJ makes me realize Capcom literally doesn't care anymore.

I saw it more as her roasting him for being pointlessly edgy in DD.

That arc was pretty fucking stupid considering it added nothing to his character.

>People say Athena is a Mary Sue, but to me Apollo is the one who deserves this title.
This. I'm going to get a lot of flack from Apollofags here for this, but I have to agree.

Ever since the end of AJ he's been taking over the plot much moreso than Athena ever did especially how Athena is irrelevant in SoJ and has Blackquill save her ass. I'd go so far as to say he's a black hole sue.

It was pretty funny in Dual Destinies how he'd just keep forcing Clay into so many conversations with Athena despite never mentioning him to Trucy in AJ. I knew he'd play a role in the endgame case because of how awkwardly unsubtle the foreshadowing was.

>apollo is a mary sue

Someone should post that pic where literally everyone from case 2 shits on him

>keep pressing every statement
>people start to tell Apollo to shut the hell up and just watch

The Gramarye backstory alone is more convoluted than Phoenix entire backstory, but adding this new backstory to the mix is just plain overkill.

"I'm fine" was in AJ, but it wasn't a verbal tic. It was a one time gag in case 4-1.

Mocking the defense attorney with silly insults is a tradition of the series. Compared to everyone calling Athena a greenhorn and bullying her for still being a rookie who needs to be spoonfed every time, it's nothing.
Also it doesn't wash away the fact that Apollo is hogging the plot and every game he becomes even more of a special snowflake.

AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T COMPLETELY RESOLVED THE GRAMARYE STORY

JUST TELL EM PHOENIX REEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah even edgeworth got roasted when he was defending.

I don't get why people say Phoenix's backstory is convoluted like Apollo's. The only thing that really stands out from it is how he had a tangential relation to the Feys that only rears its ugly head out of pure circumstance and technically doesn't even change how it plays out.

Meanwhile Apollo was a part of the Gramarye Troupe which ties into 3/4 cases in AJ, had a childhood friend that gives him a personal stake in the penultimate cases of DD, and now having apparently being raised in backwater Japan on top of everything.

We only see Edgeworth for a short period in any of the new games. For all we know she is still hanging around with him

>The only thing that really stands out from it is how he had a tangential relation to the Feys that only rears its ugly head out of pure circumstance in 3-5 and technically doesn't even change how it plays out

Oops, fixed.

>yfw AA7 will finally have a case where Phoenix tells Apollo and Trucy they're siblings
>Thalassa is the victim

1 > 6 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 2

The Fey Clan alone has a more convoluted story than the Gramarye Troup, then you add Edgeworth

>Mocking the defense attorney with silly insults is a tradition of the series.
Except that even the client and colleagues do it this time

Switch 4 with 2

He was a wandering minstrel who kept all of his documentation on his person. When he died, it all went with him.

And yet none of those are legitimate complaints and they're just there for comedy purpose.
Meanwhile Athena gets a real slap in the face because the fact that she's still a rookie who needs the help of her seniors is actually true, and that part was not played for laughs.

I'm comparing these two because it helps show how some buttmonkey moments where the worst insult is "ha ha, with your silly hairstyle you look like a cockroach" don't un-Mary Sue a character if these don't really hit the nail on the head with actual character flaws.

Would you touch her balloons

I would watch her rakugo routine.

I know it's never gonna happen but I would kill for 3D Mia

Best new music?

youtube.com/watch?v=tw09_QS-J7M

Why not? Mia died in the first game and was a prominent character int he third, including a cameo wearing a kid-sized fucking meido uniform.

Positions of main villains in court:

AA1: Prosecutor
AA2: Defendant
AA3: Witness
AA4: Defense Attorney
AA5: Detective
AA6: Judge

It's perfect. What will the main villain in the next game be? If there's a next game

It doesn't really feel likely. Seems like her arc ended for good with Godot.

Bailiff?
...Gallery?

So did Phoenix's. But then Takumi quit writing for the main series, and they brought back everyone from Edgeworth to even Maya.

Better than kristoph's?

Assistant

Is there a jury member that gets convicted in DGS? That seems like it would be a twist.

That was the best part for me

It's been awhile I would love to see her again.

>judge

>Is there a jury member that gets convicted in DGS? That seems like it would be a twist.
There is.

Apollo needed serious help when he first started from Phoenix, Klavier, Kristoph, even Trucy. Hell, Apollo was ready to give up during his second case. Apollo's first "real" trial was when he was defending Trucy since Apollo now has to find the truth himself without Wright's help this time around.

She had supreme control over the court, took over judge's duties for a while and even gave a guilty verdict. I say she's judge enough.

That was just because she was the queen, she could do pretty much whatever the fuck she wanted.

The reasoning doesn't matter, the fact is she still took on a judges roll.

But to play the other side, any prosecutor that threatens the judge also did this. Manfred most notably.

So can we all agree SoJ is the best game in the latter trilogy?

Yeah I suppose it is.

Well, having AA4 and AA5 to complete with is not really that difficult.

>shitting on 6-4 because it's filler
>worshipping the original trilogy that has the highest filler ratio

Who shits on 6-4?
Only silly people.

Some embarrassing photos of Apollo at the Christmas party

People don't like 6-4

But I do. I wish it would have lasted longer though.

Case 1 will be Athena (with Phoenix) beating Payne back in our court system while introducing the new gimmick, and setting the stage for the rest of the game
Case two will be about Phoenix introducing the new prosecutor and probably set up aspects of case 4, while also being a call back to another game, just as an example a case about Cadaverinis or the Kitakis
Case 3 and 5 will be about Athena and some 10+ year old case revolving around the prosecutor and Athena's past that helps cultivates her development as a character as well the prosecutor. Possibly finally gaining respect from Blackquill.
Case 4 will be about Apollo presumably touching on his being a half-sibling of Trucy's by most likely defending his Mother, Lamiroir as well as the general state of Kura'in

Personal aside I kinda hope there's a new judge, named character and everything. Probably too much if everything else got in.

It was one of the better filler cases in the series.
I thought it was a good length. Not every case needs to be unnecessarily long

youtube.com/watch?v=Zrgd7fUnjmo

It could have done with an investigation portion, at least.

Investigations are boring.

Not with Blackquill as your assistant though.

After case 3? No thanks I'll keep my short trail

I thought it was refreshing to have a non-tutorial case where the entire thing was a singular lengthy trial. The investigations portions, especially as they're written nowadays, spell out too much of the upcoming twists, on top of being paced poorly and going on for too long. Having to think on your feet with the evidence and advancing testimonies thrown right at you is a good thing.

They never ruined Gumshoe's character though. Ema needed to be explained and shown not to be a bitch, particularly to apollo since she's gonna be the new detective face in Kura'in. Gumshoe will get his time. There's no more detectives to block him.

>implying they "ruined" Ema

I thought she was really boring in SoJ - I like her, but she lost all her personality and just went on going "oh no sorry i'm against you Maya/Trucy/Phoenix :((("

I kind of liked the spiky relationship with Apollo she had in AJ

>she lost all her personality and just went on going "oh no sorry i'm against you Maya/Trucy/Phoenix :((("
Gavin really rubbed off on her, huh?

I'm kinda surprised they don't bring back more characters. The games that take place before the timeskip had tons of characters that would make reappearances.

>That's a rebel
First I thought it was that's 'orrible, then I thought it was dat 'airball.

She still has that spiky relationship with Apollo on SoJ. She seems pretty friendly and normal with everyone else, besides Gavin and Nahyuta of course

>Gale Tornado
>Wind Tornado
>Tyfoon Tornado
I'll be perfectly honest, the fourth case was so Weeb I didn't even pay attention to the names.

They did a total 180 on her original character that you only find out really late in the game she's being a huge bitch because life isn't going her way, so she's a standoffish bitch to you, despite being a completely unrelated party. Toning down the bitch, and immediately explaining again why she was a bitch was definitely the right thing to do.

Now she respects both depictions in a very well handled way, reverting to her 4 self when under stressful situations she does not like but otherwise happy and plucky. Apollo still has PTSD towards her too, so their relationship will still be just as rocky.

What if In the next game you play as Payne?

What if there won't be a next game?

DGS 2 is already confirmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6tidI8NNo

So 7 is bound to happen.

What if you play as rookie Grossberg in the 60s

What if Dhurke isn't actually dead? ;__;

I missed the part where everyone was calling Rayfa flat, I think I just skipped straight to presenting

what part is it?

Well, he did say A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS...

He probably fucked Iris at least

youtube.com/watch?v=yU6cFm69T6k

Skip to 11:00

oh, that's less than I imagined

>The Phantom Payne: Reformed Attorney
>2018 release date

would you?

>I suppose you could always hope for a miracle
DELETE THIS

>people actually watch this series on youtube rather than playing it

even for something as wordy as this it's fucking baffling to me

To be fair, if you don't have a 3DS you're fucked. I have played every game but DGS but I'm tempted to watch that one, I don't think it's getting translated.

I watched parts of AJ before buying it. Playing is definitely more fun though.

Hopefully they'll at least port it to iOS like with AA5.

I don't know Japanese and am still not really going to watch DGS on Youtube. I tried starting it at one point, but the translation was really flat and dull, and you miss the cool moments where you figure something out, which means some moments have all the more impact because it was interactive.

I bought a 3DS for this series, and while I can appreciate not everyone wanting to do that, second-hand 2DSes or whatever are cheap as shit

Not everyone has a 3ds.
Its also a text "game". You don't lose much by watching it.

Yes, you do

People overestimate how much shit you actually do in this series - it's much closer to many western point-n-clicks than VNs

Poor Pearl, at least she has her spiritual power.

Anyone also thought Maya was gonna channel the Holy Mother or Jove Justice?

FLAT
L
A
T

I totally expected Ga'ran or someone to channel the Holy Mother or Kee'ra who would turn out to be the final boss, or something

kind of odd how they had that thing of now knowing the Holy Mother's face but never did any channelling with it

What's with all the teenager bullying in this game

Albhi must be pretty tall for an 8 year old, even if Pearl is a midget.

Whippersnappers need to know their place.

>Nahyuta
>I must remain strong Holy Mother

What the fuck case is this from

The bonus short Asinine Attorney

Yeah for the whole game I thought he was around 13

It's the first of the two short DLC episodes.
They're kind of like the special episodes from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

Except you have to pay for them

Doesn't he stand on a box when he's on the witness stand?

The bird surprisingly hasn't found a way to get caught up as the defendant in his murder.

So we make the new PW about Athena

Who is the new Prosecutor?

Her teacher from Europe

They're bundled with a 3DS theme.
I would rather get them free without the theme, though.

I want Gyakuten kenji 3

I want it and i want it NOW!
I want Raymond!

Can't remember, but they're about the same height outside the courtroom too.

Her long-lost father.

They're the one and same, but she never noticed.

I'm disappointed that in this game Athena's hair are more brown-ish than orange

Plum Kitaki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metis Cykes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thalassa Gramarye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Misty Fey > Amara Khu'rain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ga'ran Khu'rain

What about Morgan

Ga'ran = Morgan
They're essentially the same person

That sounds like a completely plausible plot twist.
Of course it will also turn out that his bloodline has special psychic powers that are the source of Athena's special ability and that she's somehow related to Apollo.

I'd put Morgan above Ga'ran. Morgan cared about Pearl on some level, but Ga'ran gave no fucks and openly mocked Rayfa in front of everyone.

And after a couple of twists we learn that they're all descendants of Ami Fey who had an affair with someone from the Lang family.

Case 4 was so good thanks to Blackquill.

rice wine

Add behleb: pregnant women exposing herself to revolution brawls in a square, sure that baby is safe

What about Justine?

Justine > everyone else

I don't really remember her having any glaring flaws.

Why the fuck did Phoenix become an attorney if he's not going to defend any guilty clients?

>Matt Engarde
>Ron DeLite
>Espella Cantabella
>Paul Atishon

Misty did nothing wrong.
She raised her daughters herself, unlike Thalassa.
She saved her younger daughter's life (by admittedly retarded means).
She probably sent some letters while undercover
She's a good mother.

>randomly going off in hiding for no real good reason, leaving a pre-teen and a toddler in care of a shitty aunt

yeah, real nice

I really hope she shows up again. Having a serious judge that doesn't put up with bullshit would be nice.

I like how he's now Braided head

>expecting anyone to do that after getting shot in the face, going into a coma, and then going blind