What's the worst SM64 level? I vote for Wet Dry World, never liked that crap...

What's the worst SM64 level? I vote for Wet Dry World, never liked that crap, getting 100 coins there is a chore on it's own

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RobcrgutW4
youtube.com/watch?v=DVKVbA0CK-s
youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0
youtube.com/watch?v=havhaDYh0Sc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You crazy, friend. That's one of my favorites.
My vote for worst is Dire Dire Docks. I don't remember anything about it except there is a submarine during the first star.

Oh, I hate Dire Dire Docks, is such a fucking annoying level. First it is all water based, second it is split in two different areas for no reason at all, third there is a lot of annoying camera positioning.

It looks like a level made from deleted ideas they scrapped together from the cutting floor.

Tick Tock Tower, because it can't be beaten without wholly pressing A multiple times.

I never liked Tick Tock Clock or Rainbow Ride. The whole bottomless pit thing made a missed jump fatal.

Music was hella comfy tho

This. TTC and RR are objectively the worst. I vote Rainbow Ride since it also involves tedious waiting on magic carpets.

TTC is the best level you're just shit.

No. It's just a shitty level. It's so bland looking. All the other levels have bight colors not just brown and yellow. The music is awful. One of the worst tracks in the game. It just feels like the developers were running out of ideas.

Would vote for Haze Maze Cave. Was a fucking pain in the ass, and wasn't comfy at all

Haze maze cave is good, maybe a bit boring but not the worst. It lives to to itss name, one of the few levels that aren't open.

youtube.com/watch?v=7RobcrgutW4

That one near the end with all the magic carpets.

Big Small World.

Rainbow Ride. Barely even had to think about that one. Hazy Maze cave is a pain in the ass to get the 100 coin star, but the rest is alright.

Not a huge fan of either of these, but everyone knows the best levels are in the basement

It's definitely Dire Dire Docks.

Big Boo's Haunt.

I had a unrational fear over DDD cause the fucking eel
and I hated the underwater area of some level cause the giant gap in the wall can suck you in and lead you outside the castle

No hazy maze cave
c'mon user that level was hell, dark, creepy and a friggin labyrinth, getting the 100 coins without getting lost or dying was horrible.
and no, i'm not memeing about the spider or the hlaf presses

I like it because it has a lot of variety. It's got Nessie, a pit with rolling rocks, the platforms with eyeballs and the gas cave.

That's Jolly Roger Bay with the eel. DDD has the whirlpool at the start, the submarine, the suckhole that sends you out of the castle and the moving pole platforms to get the red coins.

Snowman's Land, not much going on and finding the stars were lame and easy. Entire level felt more like an after thought because they added specific physics and data to the snow levels and decided to make the most of it by rushing the level designs.

Meh, I felt those levels were the most inspired and that they fit the whole "3D Platformer thing well."

DUDE!!!! youtube.com/watch?v=DVKVbA0CK-s Listen to this!

Not sure if its the worst for me, though it might be. Its certainly the most disappointing one to me, given its concept versus its execution.

Gee it's another wimpy ass 20 something afraid of water. How original.

Is this why you faggots stink?

this so much, every single star feels like a chore

It's a bug, not a spider.
Spiders aren't bugs.

autism

The last good level is Bowser in Lava World

Everything on the higher floors are trash

Bait.

I fucking hate Tick Tock Clock and the Rainbow Ride

>unironically voting for anything but rainbow cancer

>unironically liking TTC

DDD scared the fuck out of me because of that hole in the wall. I never found it where it led because I was too pussy going near it.

So it's decided, Rainbow Ride is the worst.

>spider
>only has four legs
>is called a ScuttleBUG

wet dry world is my favorte world. and pic related is a close second

It sucks you out to the castle lake

All insects are bugs. Not all bugs are insects. Arachnids are bugs too.

>SM64
>last world is the worst level in the game

>BK
>last world is the best level in the game
really makes you think

This is why 64fags are the worst

BK is all around a superior game.

???

>No Whomp's fortress

Seriously? It had nothing of interest.

Dire Dire Docks always felt pretty pointless. Even as a kid I went to that level, and felt it was thrown in at the last minute. Barely any enemies, almost the entire stage is swimming, almost every star is exclusively on the other side from where you start, music is bland, etc.

Also fuck the poles. Wet Dry World is GOAT though, right up there with the mountain.

>I don't like the levels with actual platforming because I die if I'm not precise with my jumps

It's horse shit. TTC is the best level in the game

>tfw one of six people on this planet that loves BK but thinks BT is superior

Wet Dry World looks like a developer's test level.

It was full of parkour spots

This is my answer too.

>not wanting to have a party with spiders

what a cuck

i'm sorry user, but it's not going to happen.

I fucking love snowmans land because of the easy to access shell and the level is fun as fug to just ride around on the shell. I like to surf the hills on the outer edge on the shell

>shit taste
OP is the only one correct here. WDW was just a beta level and is clearly not finished. The empty ruins are just a tease.

The fire level in the basement, I forget what it's called but it's just annoying

>Music
>Bland
The fuck outta here!

>he thinks there are only few people that likes the BK games

??????????????????????????????

incorrect, mr. replies to every post in the thread for attention. you see, getting to the ruins is the payoff. i blew my dick across the room when i got there because i had no idea that part of the level existed, if you think a cool hidden village is a "tease" then id have no idea what you would consider satisfied judging by how simple all of the levels in this game are. what were you expected, dialog trees and building interiors? they couldn't have done much more than they did

Lethal Lava Land
I didn't find it annoying but it does looks super bland being a red square floating in mid air with an invisible barrier at the edges

Spiders are bugs; they're just not insects.

rainbow ride

it's the only stage where you have to sit and wait to get from area to area, boring as hell and frustrating only because you have to waste so much time getting back if you die.

*satisfying

It could have been good if that had done something with it. Just having empty ruins with nothing is shit. Easily the worst level in the game.
It's not as good as a lava level could have been, but being able to go into the volcano was pretty nice.

Sure thing (((Henry)))

I'm the only one who hates Shifting Sand Land?

>all the flying
>all these fucking tornados
>shifting sand is annoying as fuck
>pyramid is pretty boring with a even more boring boss

This level is shit and so is that monkey

>not Rainbow Road
Shit taste doesn't mean the level is shit. Try riding tiny magic carpets through the air with a shitty camera.

Best level in the game nigger fuck off

They're all fun as fuck, but gonna have to go with DDD.

>After owning super mario 64 for over 15 years, I finally find out yesterday that Snowman's land had an igloo level.

Holy shit how did I not notice that.

>not liking rainbow road
youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

Did you never get the star?

jolly roger's bay

im now imagining a rainbow ride that has rainbows as solid platform roads instead of the magic carpet shit. and a starry night/space background. and the rainbow road music. would be a fun level.

>dire dire docks
>several instant kill zones
>one that kicks you out the of the level
>only interesting set piece permanently disappears after getting the first start

How could anyone not think the worst level was Dire Dire Docks?

I didn't get all 120 but I did beat bowser in the Sky so I had rougly 100ish. N64 controller's busted so I couldn't play even if I wanted to

>All of this harsh criticism of one of the FIRST FUCKING 3D PLATFORMERS EVER taking modern platformers into account.
You guys are such retards I can't even take it. Leaving this thread, btw.

I thought the ship came back if you selected the first star again.

He said he thought BT was better.

Everyone I've seen says BK is better. Personally I like them both equally, what one did right the other did slightly less right.

You're only posting this because the piano scared you shitless, right?

not in my experience. Neither with n64 or ds version of the game

Which ever one made you ride that flying carpet around the level. Fuck I hated that.

For me, it's Rainbow Ride. It's a very uninteresting world, made worse by the music.

BT works as an expansion to BK, if you take either by themselves of course the first is better.
That doesn't make BT a worse game.

youtube.com/watch?v=havhaDYh0Sc

is there a SM64 romhack that have courses based on fucking Atlantis?

>shitting on Jolly Roger Motherfucking Bay
fuck off nigger

oh it's one of you pure autists

go play Super Mario Hopscotch or your Kaizo Hacks will ya?

Seven Vaganias

after you talk to yoshi, you get the stars after triple jumping, it made you immune to fall damage too right?

What's the worst SM64 parallel universe? I vote for [16,-4]

Keep on truckin' float the fish

I dunno, at least that one's a QPU.

Fuck, this thread make me want to replay mario 64(the original not the shitty ds port).

>ywn have a twinkle star level
Fucking Shitendo and their teases.

100 coins is fine in any world besides the one where you change size (Tiny huge island maybe?)
Holy shit sometimes when I try to 100% sm64 again I give up there.

>having to play as Yoshi

why

>not loving that level in the sky
It was a true test of skill and very well designed.

All it tested was your patience and the game camera.

You play as two characters at once. Mario, and Lakitu. You need to master playing both at the same time.

Did anyone here play that super mario 64 romhack? Think it was called super mario 74?

>Small

that's a banjo level man, what the fuck.

i was thinking of jolly rogers lagoon, my bad. from tooie.

Probably Rainbow Ride.

I just really did not enjoy any of it and its by far the most tedious 100 coin star.

Favorite level was snowmans land it was super comfy. Ironically the first time I beat the game as a kid I completely missed that level.

Tall Tall Mountain

>Star 1
>Star 1 + a slow monkey
>4/5 Star 1 + a waterfall
>3/5 Star 1 + the less fun slide
>Worst red coins besides Tick Tock Clock
>The mushroom star that literally nobody gets the intended way

Fuck. You.

So does your mom.
What do you think needed to be added to make it finished? I liked the place but WDW felt like a the odd man out.

In my opinion the town is underwhelming since none of the structures are as tall as the whateveritis you climb in the first area.

It could have used sewage grates to justify the town theme and the water rising/lowering.

That arrow platform star just needs scrapped.

Make the town either feel alive, or actually dead. As it is it's just there, like they ran out of time. The whole stage itself feels incomplete as you have random platforms and it's obvious that it was a beta stage to test shit.

this is objectively the best level in the game only because it has the most terrifying creature that you will ever lay eyes on as a kid and made you fear the ocean in videogames to such a degree that you never, ever go near them if possible

then you install games like subnautica and shit your pants the entire time

I want to know what the lore is, but it's probably "Bowser wiped his ass on a canvas".

Rainbow Ride. Tick Tock Clock is a close second. Maybe Tiny, Huge Island

What needs to be added or removed to make it feel alive, or actually dead?

DDD is figuratively and literally the worst level in the game.

You literally can't argue this, just which course is the second worst.

An abandoned town flooded by the construction of a nearby dam.

Tall Tall Mountain is worse. It's the same shit over and over.

Boarding Bowser's Sub being required to unlock Bowser in the Sea (or whatever) is one of the most unique moments in the game.

This. DDD was a nice level, comfy music, unique atmosphere, and it's actually integral to Bowser's character development

>Bowser in the Sea
Unless this is in the DS version, that never happened. You had the fire sea, but that was once you got a key I believe.

I have a theory about Dire Dire Docks, which is that it was originally supposed to be the first water level but was changed last minute when they came up with the Board Bowser's Sub level.

When you think about, the manta ray star and the mini swimming course that seperates the two sections seem designed specifically around teaching first timers how to swim of they're having trouble adjusting to 3D.

Has he ever made an A press?

Rainbow "These assets are no longer unused" Ride

I think more likely they made that level as a test to see if the water physics work as well as they should.

You're mistaken. You are required to beat the first star so that the DDD entrance backs up and you can reach the Bowser entrance.

Honestly, they should have immediately dropped you into the Bowser level to make the connection more obvious. Mario steals Bowser's sub and rides it to the second Bowser world. That's in-game lore, not meme lore.

I like that DDD and HMC can both spit you out into the courtyard. It gives me the impression that those are real locations Bowser created as secret entryways into the castle. That is meme lore.

For real, Big House in the Sky really does look like it's the first 3D room Nintendo ever tried to finish.

The fire sea level? That, the dark world and sky world are the only Bowser levels.

Not really meme lore, just connections as the actual lore in the game is very subtle.

If they were just painting worlds how come some had ways to get to the casle from inside them?