What Cut Content hurts you the most Cred Forums?

What Cut Content hurts you the most Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU
youtube.com/watch?v=QvBmyw2wY44
banjokazooie.wikia.com/wiki/Castle_world
youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I
vg247.com/2016/05/12/lionhead-wanted-to-make-a-darker-and-grittier-fable-4-instead-of-75m-fable-legends/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When they cut the gameplay and spend 90% of the budget on marketing.

Even if the ending weren't cut, the story wouldn't be good, but at least there would be an actual conclusion. I don't think I'll ever not be angry that the game just doesn't have an ending.

To be honest

No Man's Sky

How do you cut content that never existed in the first place?

>inb4 my foreskin

go to steam and see their trailer videos

lots of shit missing, Sand worms, deserts, Literally the HUD, Asteroids and stars etc.

The multiplayer never existed in the first place but the stuff i mentioned above existed and were cut off

At least we got to see the ending to Eli's arc

KotOR 2

isn't that just the everfall?

There isn't really any cut content that "hurts" me, but pic related would have been rad

>We could have had Link and Samus in the Wii version of the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance

>Lightning could have been in the first Dissidia before 13 even came out, but it was decided not to add her so as to not spoil what she could do.

you know the mobile port has hidden palace zone in it right?

>that second one
that's kind of a good thing Dissidia is still pretty bad though

Crash Twinsanity

Fucking right? The director was firmly in his Lightning dickriding phase so we would have gotten another game with Lightning as the MC and she'd be the one who fought Chaos or something.

2013 version ; _ ;

This game was always aiming for borderlands clone, just nobody realized it until it was too late.

Sometimes I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking about the fact Shadow of the Colossus originally had multiplayer and there's data for a minimum of six cut bosses in the game files.

Oh wow, did Bungie completely steal their UI from No Man's Sky or what?

Honestly, at this point Starbound has been rebuilt, what five or six times now?
Has anyone made a list of removed content, like heat, cold, and gravity?

Disc 2.

my foreskin :(

The petting minigame from Fates, simply because the lewd dialogue would've been fun to read

youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU

Banjo-Kazooie's Ice Key and Mystery Eggs.

MGSV

Mother
Fuckin
Metarru
Gia
Sorrido
Faibu
Za
Fantom
Peinu

Oh you simple simple boy.

i know about all the cut content from DD but the endless tower got remade into the everfall

The entire fucking Souls series

IM NUUUUCLEAR

IM UNFINNNNNNISSSHHHED

Boys of Silence in Bioshock Infinite. Had an amazing concept that was scraped and replaced with one generic forgettable area.

John Talbain could have gotten into MvC3 if they had a little more time for development.

It will never
NEVER
stop hurting.

user, that was never actually in the game nor was in development. It ain't cut content.

Every Xeno game ever made

DMC 4

Azjol-nerub and its related raid. The salt gets rubbed in when you see the 10/10 dungeons and the fucking insult that the Coliseum turned out to be.

Be glad you're circumcised I wish I was

You say that, being a guy who wasn't.

is not something you cant do right now jew fuck but not something you can get back

What's stopping you from getting circumcised now?

This was the first time game hype actually hurt me
I've been hyped before, but very rarely and it never failed THIS hard

Quake was actually supposed to have a lot more going for it, like being able to use magic and actual boss fights, but much of it was cut out because of development issues

It says in the bible if you discovered Christ while you were circumcised do not become uncircumcised, if I discovered Christ while uncircumcised do not become circumcised.

>What Cut Content hurts you the most Cred Forums?

Xenogears Disc 2
Xenosaga games 2-6
FFXII's original plot

Not cut content per say but this is the only thread I'll get to bitch about it in: TES Travels Oblivon.

Had a PSP and was holding out for its release until the day I sold it.

>if you discovered Christ while you were circumcised do not become uncircumcised
how would I go about that, and how the fuck did ancient desert jews go about that?

>playable King Dedede
>playable Adeleine
>playable Waddle Dee
>Ribbon controls character select and character swap
>Coo and Kirby's other besties were in (somewhere)
>Kirby Band mini game
>Adeleine sections for Kirby where she helps you get through the sky by drawing a path, similar to segments where Dedede carries you or Waddle Dee mine karts with you
>unused level concepts seen in concept art

the original radiant AI for oblivion

>christard
How surprising.

What was the og plot of ff12?

There's always a bit of skin that may be stretched but circumcision never involved the full removal of foreskin, just the skin that extends past the glans. The removal of the entire foreskin was started by the Jews after Christianity split from it because Rabbis didn't like that Jews were restoring their foreskin to fit in with Greeks who were mostly uncircumcised. Regardless of whether or not it's possible the message here is that it's not essential to be circumcised just follow what God says.
>Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
>Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

It was mostly Taxman trying to fill in parts, also the original plans were if you got all the special stages you got warped to the palace

>play Spore when it first released
>cool, but not much to do
>years later see what Spore was meant to be

Even though its pretty obvious almost all the unused content was used in later games, I still would have liked to have a complete version of Mario World

Alice: Madness Returns could have been a really fun game if it had the budget and time to include even HALF of the stuff in the concept art.

Bioshock: Infinite is a close second.

It was meant to follow Basch as a young boy with his brother having to fight the war in their small nation that bordered the big ones. They would both go their separate ways and continue to fight each other. Basically the game was going to be 30 to 60% larger.

Bioshock: Infinite had such a fun concept and a cool world, it's a real shame that they went for the overly-simplified gameplay. I mean, I still genuinely enjoyed it for what it was, but it could have been so much more.

HL2's cut content hurts so fucking bad.
The atmosphere of the original storyline/alpha actually felt like Half-Life, but in a more open world.
I don't really like the bright, lighter atmosphere they went for in HL2.
Also the designs for everything was so fucking great. The Combine stuff seemed to be more influenced by gothic designs and architecture, and everything looked so ominous and imposing, even shit like the original Bullet Train designs.

I mean from the get go, they ditch a lot of what made bioshock cool and go hammy, an underwater city is a lot more feasable than a flying city, the whole hands off government thing was more interesting than
>lol flying WBC
and they go overboard with the fantastical elements (from plasmids to lol alternate dimensions) even if they cut nothing and kept the gameplay good it would still have had a ton of issues

Well I had always thought of it as a spinoff, and I think a spinoff should be allowed to have a less interesting concept than the original. Not an uninteresting concept, mind you, but there's value in variety and trying new things, even if they aren't as perfect as the things you've tried before. The craziness of the flying city seemed good paired with the alternate dimensions theme; it felt like really just trying anything and having fun with it, which can be really enjoyable despite its flaws if you do it right. I agree that underwater city was more feasible, but I was willing to suspend my disbelief for the fun of a flying city. I just thought they had a really good skeleton of a concept that they poorly fleshed out. You can see the virtues of the overall concept in little bits, like when you first arrive and they have that barbershop quartet singing "God Only Knows". That whole little theme of stealing future hits using these rips was really cool. The rips also had fantastic potential for gameplay that was sorely underutilized.
Really, the thing was I was ready to just have fun with the concept and they underdelivered on the actual gameplay portion.

I'll see you HL2 beta (the tone and style of which was IMO changed for very good reasons, and would not have made for nearly as memorable and classic a game), and raise you Portal 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=QvBmyw2wY44

They made at least three games worth of content for Portal 2, and ended up including only the tamest (as in, 'T'-rating friendly), most generic, most simplified of it. And we'll probably never see any of what was left behind. At the rate Valve is currently turning over staff, a lot of it might be genuinely lost to time before too much longer (like the entire clone shell body plotline which was cut for the sake of that 'Teen' rating).

rip dungeons

Disc 2 is a metaphor.

Remember how Lacan was painting Sophia and about nearly done but "ran out of paint"?

He didn't want to stop painting her because he knew once he was done they would never be able to be alone with each other ever again.

The developers loved Xenogears so much that they didn't ever want to stop working on it but it was fated.

Fucking META shit right there.

yeah if it was good I'm sure I wouldn't give a shit how out there a flying city is or how boringly black and white (pun not intended) morality gets when you make your characters blatantly racist

To be fair, it's a little hard not to make some of your characters blatantly racist given the setting. The times it emulates weren't the greatest for race relations. Plus, it at least tried to give a semblance of nuance between black and white with the leader of the minorities ending up being a ends-justify-the-means psychopath (as I recall, it's been a long time since I've played it).
But like even with story problems I still think gameplay was my biggest gripe, and I would have had much more minimal problems if they had fixed that (or not ruined it, as it were).

>like the entire clone shell body plotline which was cut for the sake of that 'Teen' rating
Wasn't it all cut because it wouldn't make sense in their new rendition?
I don't see how any of this is due to "T" rating, as the T rating is more flexible than you'd think. The only way they'd get the game into M territory would be with gore or cursing.
All of the cool shit like the giant chicken, Animal King, etc., were all cut because it'd feel shoehorned into the actual story, or because it only fit into the prequel they originally designed.

Some stuff from devs who used to work for Tiyuri really reveal why that game is such a disaster.

Spore was the beginning of the end of videogames for me. No disappointments up to it hurt as much and every one after has hurt more.

>tipping this hard

lol please be more butthurt

Not him but to be fair there's literally no reason to believe in the bible.

>not being Catholic

Wha's wrong with believing in parables?

There's nothing wrong with believing in the message that they're trying to convey.
There can be a lot wrong with believing that they actually happened.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R's cut content.

Yes I know the standalone fan game that was released that restores a lot of it, but Lost A.L.P.H.A also removes the A-Life engine, basically removing the heart and soul of the Zone.

Also This is the big one, not only the missing dungeons replaced with one of the most tedious grindy fetch quests in gaming, but the fact that underwater Hyrule was cut as well. Apparently you would have fought Ganondorf on Death Mountain.

It ends exactly the same way it begins, but since the game let's you be Venom the way it leaves off open ended makes perfect sense, you just misunderstood.

Lame, i remember in TBC reading about Farahlon & always thought it would be cool to see what Netherstorm use to be

my no gf

The entire second disc.

If you look at the context of the verse (Galatians 5) and the words in Greek, it is saying that it does not matter if a Christian is circumcised or uncircumcised.

However, it does imply that performing circumcision on yourself, or others, is basicallt saying that Jesus' sacrifice was for nothing, and that you might as well be a Jew:

2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who [b]are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we [c]through the Spirit, [d]by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

If you look at the greek, Paul also tells the Jews that were pushing circumcision on Christians to castrate themselves:

But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished. 12 I wish that those who are troubling you would even [f]mutilate themselves.

Foreskin restoration. The verse is saying that restoring your foreskin is not a requirement of circumcision, just like circumcision is not a requirement.

What is this?An asian for ants?

I was expecting some sort of Menzoberranzan and cool tunnels. Its the only thing that really excited me about that expansion other than Icecrown.

Just imagine Ahn'kahet but as a whole zone. Like Zul'drak, but even better.

you just posted it
making some jap only MMO only salted the wound

A bunch of early demos and an early build of the game got leaked a while ago.

Go find the ISOs and download PPSSPP so you can get even more mad about it being cancelled.

banjokazooie.wikia.com/wiki/Castle_world

Speaking of Banjo Kazooie I hated that the stop n swap content had to be cut. The all jiggies ending in BK teased me so hard as a kid but hardware revisions to the N64 required it to be cut.

Everything cut from Chrono Trigger.

>but le Dark Soils is the entire sixth arch stone XD

I hate it

youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I

The hatchet job of FFXIII being shit and having all it's cool looking content split off into weird bullshit sequels.

That was when I realized the FF series was way overhyped and started being up it's own asshole. FFXII was so deep and cool, and FFX was at least somewhat interesting. I didn't expect a shitty linear story corridor with shit bonus missions and babby's first jrpg difficulty level.

>hl2

I liked HL2, but I do think it could have been better if they hadn't cut so much and changed the atmosphere.

What's with devs completely changing everything the second something leaks? I get they don't want shit spoiled, out of fear of no one buying their game anymore because they already know everything, but should at least stick to their guns. They've done it with other leaks too, the one I can think of the most is ME3 and the original plan and ending while still somewhat retarded was far better than RGB.

too human local coop and 4 player online

swap ro no coop and 2 player online, kind of shitty still really enjoyed the game
other 2 games in the trilogy never, rip shitty canadian devs

The entire Dark Souls 2 graphics :(

someone post the article about the guy who supposedly ruined spore. i don't necessarily believe it but it's nice to put a face to my enemy.

Literally any Valve game has the most heartbreaking cut content

All those unused colossi.
TLG will be a puzzle plataformer and Prey for the Gods will probably be shite.

I have no idea why they cut the original 1000 AD, it looked so much better & helped differentiate itself from 600 AD

The leak didn't change anything, they already scrapped that darker version pre leak, the version we got was pretty much what they were aiming for minus some enemies like the Hydra cut & small level changes here & there

Spore was just a mess, stupid Christians getting offended (remember when Christians were ruining vidya & not SJW's? good times) The so called Cute team, EA wanted to hold off content for expansions, poor will wright

Im still hoping for a version with 24 Colossus on PS4

Ueda seems conflicted on whether or not he wants to do that though

I thought the game was perfectly paced; adding the missing colossi would make it dragon on too long IMO

My foreskin

The game is 8-12 hours long, that's too short for me. I would kill someone for more colossi.

The first time I heard that joke I was 12 years old browsing the internet via AOL on my shitty gateway PC while half watching Austin Powers on my tiny 9" CRT TV when I should have been researching/writing a paper about Dr. Kevorkian. I think I was supposed to take the pro-euthanasia position for the class debate.

It wasn't funny back then either.

guy who was uncut and got cut, had sex on both sides of the operation here

you're honestly not missing out on much, it feels a little bit better with the foreskin but not mindblowingly different

I've noticed girls are more willing to do weird shit if you're uncut just because your cock is more -aesthetic-, so that more than makes up for it imo

I get not having matchmaking for raids, though there should really be a LFG in-game, but why no matchmaking for story missions even all this time later?

This still hurts so much.

Mafia 2.

Pretty much the entire game was cut.

fuck

didn't they have the game just about completed in this state when ken levine said "nope not deep enough" and scrapped it

Actually if you look at the unfinished level data Demon's Souls sixth arch stone is actually very similar to Eleum Loyce from Dark Souls 2.

>friend hands me spore
>SureWhyNot?.jpg
>play it
>have fun in celular and animal stage
>stop playing it after a week
>years later Cred Forums tells me what it was supposed to be.

Am very very sad

The entirety of Total War: Warhammer. Well, maybe not "cut" persay, but jewing out the full game over two years. Once it's actually finished it'll be good.

vg247.com/2016/05/12/lionhead-wanted-to-make-a-darker-and-grittier-fable-4-instead-of-75m-fable-legends/

>peter molyneux leaves lionhead
>celebrate because it means the series might double down on what it's good at instead of making grand promises for new stuff, the new staff even had some ideas and a pitch for a new game
>in actuality he was the only thing standing between the IP and micro$oft, and we get fable legends

>THE ENTIRETY OF THE ENDERS PROJECT
FUCK YOU KONAMI
YOU'VE SUCKED SINCE THE BEGINNING

>PREY 2 BEING CUT FROM REALITY
WHEN IT WAS ABOUT 95% COMPLETE
IT WAS IN WORKING ORDER
SOME FUCK STILL HAS IT ON THEIR COMPUTER IN PLAYABLE CONDITION

>DRAGON'S DOGMA
FUCK YOU RUSHING CAPCOM

>DEVIL MAY CRY 4
FUCK YOU AGAIN CAPCOM

>BIOS HOCK INFINITE
IT LOOKED SO GOOD, FUCK YOU KEVINE, YOU LITERALLY RUINED MY DREAMS, I DELAYED KILLING MYSELF FOR THAT GAME AND IT WASN'T WORTH IT

There's probably more, but it's 1 am and I'm tired. Why do video games make me so upset?

that actually makes me really sad, could have been amazing

I remember playing the ds version of it, I enjoyed it greatly.

it's a great game already and the DLC policy is a bit irksome, but saying it's unfinished because it didn't launch with all 18+ radically different factions is a bit silly

How true was this trailer?

I think the biggest problem isn't that content was cut it was that you were made aware it was cut. Most games actually have tons of cut content and if you do enough digging in the code there is plenty there that's unused and unfinished just sitting there on the disc.

There are many reasons why things are cut, it could be they don't have the time/money, expertise or tech to fully pull of the feature, it could be that this mechanic actually made the game less fun overall and it's removal greatly improved the flow of the game, or it could just have been something that just didn't fit with everything else.

Very rarely is cut content any good. It's cut content usually for a very good reason. You might be thinking "but It has potential" "imagine if they finished it and worked out all the problems" and that's true it might have had potential in a case of unlimited funds and time but no game has that luxury. Every game has a budget and a deadline. When you lose track of those you end up with DNF. Potential on it's own is worth nothing, my cum has all sorts of potential. By some genetic freak accident my cum could become the next Alexander, but it's not, it's just cum, worthless sticky cum. That's essentially the value of cut content, the dev team's unused wank.

What was Aunoma thinking?
>Cut dungeons
>Add 20 or more islands for no goddam reason
The game would be 10 times better without the huge map it has.

>>>DRAGON'S DOGMA
>FUCK YOU RUSHING CAPCOM
It wasn't rushed, Dragon's Dogma had a nearly 6 year dev cycle and it was in the hands of many veteran capcom staff.

What happened was it spent a lot of it's time on the back burner with the programmers revising and iterating on the gameplay elements while the creative half of the team was going wild with plans and ideas.

When the two halves of the dev team came together and they started serious asset development it was obvious that the scope was far too large so they cut it back significantly.

Considering it's sales performance Capcom made the right move by not extending the game's development the extra 2-3 years they'd need to get all that shit from the original ideas phase built and working in the game.

They also said they couldn't get anything like that working on the 360.

Thief 2 Gold

Some island grottos are just copy pasted rooms. Hell every submarine is just the training room from Zelda's ship recycled like 20 times.

Yeah I know holes worked like that in Ocarina too but at least they weren't the focus of exploration.

Magikoopa would've been pretty fuckin' neato, but I'll take my nigga DK over this KKK lookin' hoe.

Only Blizzard is really dumb enough to show off so much cut content

They said they would stop doing it, but did it again with Legion's launch trailer showing off Thal'Dranath