Who else /old/ here?

Who else /old/ here?

I'm 29.

How do you deal with the fact that 95% of the posts you reply to were made by someone between the ages of 13 to 20?

It's fucking me up the more I think about it.

Maybe it's time for you to get a life then?

I'm the same age as you. What fucks me up the most is nostalgia threads for Halo 3 and the like.

Just leave site already you stupid oldfag. All you're doing is ruining the site by holding it back. It's time for the next generation of channers to rise, and we don't need you around anymore talking about how great this place was "back in your day". So just leave already.

Is it the fact that you were born before someone else or that you've wasted your life on Cred Forums for a good portion of your adult life?

I'm a 33 year old NEET, so I get that feel every time I reload the catalog.

But, you know what? I just ignore posts that are blatantly made by dumbass younguns.

what do you work as?

29 here. Lurking for years.

Play some tetris attack.

Been full wizard for a while now. Life as a code monkey means I have more money than time to play the vidya.

I still love video games, but I'm not fond of the ugly corporate machine the industry has become.

I'm 28 and I have nostalgia for halo 3.
Probably because it was the last time I ever linked up consoles and played with friends in person

Now I just play games alone on my computer ;_;

Neck yourself queer before I beat up your dad

shouldnt you be fucking them?

I'll probably still browse Cred Forums even past at past 30 because I don't know any real life friends who talk about video games.

I'd bet that there are very few old people on this site. And by old I mean 65 and up.

People in their 20s and 30s aren't even close to being old.

It doesn't matter to me. I don't look down on young folks as long as they're not stupid.

The age of the people doesn't bother me, it's the ignorance spouted by them and the absolute unwillingness/inability to accept challenges to their own opinions.

Also the shitposting. Shitposting was never funny.

Some of us continue to enjoy vidya and want somewhere we can discuss it critically without fear of getting banned merely for refusing to join the circlejerk.

We were here first.

>29
>old

Fucking blogposter. Kill yourself.

Anyone older than 25 who still goes on Cred Forums is a lost cause.

Speak for yourself

Browsing v is no different than Facebook. You look at images, read, post and comment about it.

45 here,was having sex when you were shitting your pants

go to reddit or something awful

im 32 though

don't really post too much in v I just lurk here mainly.

and most threads you reply too are actually shills

28 year old here, holy shit this board has gone to shit since I first came here. Who would've thought that while gaming was slowly dying, so too would any discussion surrounding it.

I swear every good post I see (which is few and far between) is made by someone around my age. I will admit, that fat crying Wojack that falseflaggers post with DELET THIS is funny but it's starting to wear thin

that's pedophilia mate

anyone using this site at all is a lost cause.

they will realize how stupid they were when they get older. I used to think older people telling me that was stupid, but yeah they were right. I would beat the shit out of my old self. What a dumb ass. The younger people just have to go through it themselves.

Video games are going bad, so expect the quality of the discussion to fall too.

So this image is true after all
You old faggots should just retire and fuck off, because you are not wanted and are most likely the most bitter shitposters on here.

I sit back and think about how retarded some of the people at work are. Honestly, I'd rather hang out with a bunch of kids that age than people my own age if it means we'll talk about video games and anime instead of work, our kids, or politics... although I see those things on Cred Forums plenty as well, minus kids.

First started browsing: 2006
First board: /po/ not a typo
Favorite game: Riven: The Sequel to Myst

Im 31.

Khan...

/old/

Let me know when you're 33, kid. Feels ok, I just had dinner, I'm relaxing browsing Cred Forums with a podcast in the background while my wife watches some Youtube videos and paints her nails. Maybe I'll bait some liberal cuck over Mafia 3 or Battlefield 1 later.

30, rounding the bend on 31. It doesn't bother me, really. People of all ages like video games, and I was young and dumb like these kids once. We all say stupid shit online when we're young, so why hold it against them? Hell when I was a freshman in high school I had a Live journal that I used to post long pseudo-philosophical rants on. I got away from that very quickly, thankfully. But the point is the internet gives everyone a voice, and you can't really blame people who are generally marginalized their whole lives due to their age for yelling as loud as they can.

29 /old/ here too.

Most of the time I try to hit them with a truth bomb and just watch the aftermath. I'm old enough not to fall into the trap of being baited into further replies.

And the thing is even now we're probably still fucking stupid for our 10 years in the future self.

Although when I grew up I tend to loose my certitudes to a point where I don't know if anything is true anymore today.

t. 13 year old

Except for the fact that you are discussing video games while being way too old for that by now. Shouldn't you be taking care of your kids you balding faggot?

I'm 29 too. I don't frequent Cred Forums because I don't game a lot anymore and there's extremely little good discussion on this board. I like to check if there's anything decent coming out though.

30. I don't really give a shit. I just get tired of outrage culture. Very little's worth getting that upset over, video games aren't one of them.

But you have to be 18 to go on Cred Forums

Surely nobody would break the rules

I don't know if I count as old but I'm 25 and I pretty much already feel dead inside. I feel like an 50 years old in the body of a 25 years old.

seems like you're the bitter one little guy :^)

It depends on where you are and what game.

If you're into fighting games, when you look at tournaments on twitch or w/e, 90% of the time the commentators and the players playing the game are in their mid 20s to mid 30s.

If you watch MLG Call of Duty or Halo then it's the other way around, 90% teenager and 10% adults.

Most if not all JRPGs fans are in their mid 20s.

When you consider how many people begged for a FFVII remake keep in mid that those people are mid 20s to early 40s.

I can go on all day. There are many places were you can find people your age or older than you and vise versa. It all depends on what you play.

Also
>29
>old
Were you born with a fucking expiration date as a birth mark or something?

btw I'm 27.

>be 27
>get a 9 to 5 job delivering car parts to garages at around 15 an hour
>make lods of emone
>STILL can't be assed to buy a PS4/Pro

29 here also. I miss the before times.

I'm 6'2 grandpops.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It feels like I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop my whole life. I don't even remember what feeling normal feels like anymore.

We're not old in the strictest sense. We are old children.

>15 an hour
>lods of emone

>Manlet emperor.
I'm 6'4 chief. What's your point?

down the tracks

Facebook posts have social implications. If someone says something dumb and I call them a retard that should kill themselves, I just said that to someone I know IRL. My friends and family would start thinking I'm a jerk. If I do the same thing on Cred Forums, nothing changes.

why would anyone waste 400$ on literally no games?

guys! go take it to /fit/ or Cred Forums jesus christ.

As someone who made minimum wage for years, 15/hour is a lot better and feels like a ton when you first get it. Working for an engineering salary feels like I'm rich by comparison though.

It doesn't count if you still live at home and don't pay any rent, faglord.

Facebook is for faggots.

40 here

most of the games that are considered 'classics' here are games that I (have always) considered to be extremely low quality rehashes of better, older games. this concept is so foreign to Cred Forums that its pointless to even bring it up.

I am relatively successful at enjoying newer titles, but anything from the ~1995-2010 time period is just untouchable garbage to me

I make 18$ an hour and I m managed to save up for a house by 30. 15$ an hour should be plenty for vidya if you have roommates.

Never played UO I see

How the fuck can you like things post 2011, and pre 1995. 1995 - 2004 is literally the golden age.

Cred Forums didn't exist in 2006 dingus

>How do you deal with the fact that 95% of the posts you reply to were made by someone between the ages of 13 to 20?
>It's fucking me up the more I think about it.
You think that's a weird feel? Imagine being 19 and sharing a board with people who are almost 30 and post images of underage naked anime girls and still discuss video games that are primarily made for teenagers, like losers that can't grow up.
You guys creep me the fuck out and should leave.

32 here with a shit life. Always thought there would be more time.

Only thing that bothers me is when posts are made by people who are clear fucking redditors. I wish the whole reddit hate thing would come back because its only making this site worse by having that type of person around.

23 years old here, feels like a lifetime since growing up on my PS2 like a baws.

Graduated college with an undergrad in 18th century gothic literature and cant find work under crippling debt from college. To make back my money Im writing my memoirs which is the story of my life and the highs and the lows which I am going to reveal to the world baring my literary soul.

Just want to pay off my debt so I can move on with life and find a job in my field so I can keep on gaming and keep on going!

>I just get tired of outrage culture.
I turn 27 this month I'm with you on this famigo.

>[thing] gets changed
>huge flamewar ensues
>[thing] doesn't get changed
>huge flamewar ensues
>people talk about [thing] hypothetically getting changed
>huge flamewar ensues

Can't wake up.

Read carefully what i typed again, if you aren't being retarded on purpose.

I can't believe you discovered such a flawless example of what I'm talking about

(for me) ultima stopped being interesting once it made the transition to a more precise depiction of the countryside, which started around ultima 6

without the stylization it was just nothing, someone trying to paint a picture without talent, and it all culminated with the supposed "best" which was 7 and UO

Funny how all the teenage kids that can literally post in any other thread need to shitpost here since they cant stand the feeling of being left out from something. Probably cause they seek Cred Forums for feeling left out from RL in the first place

Cmon kids, show me your hate

>inb4 projecting
Are you even trying ?

you'll realize your mindset doesn't change all that much once you get older. Even though you get a job, get married, buy a house, etc. You still feel like you did when you were young. Every adult you've met in life has been winging it. None of us have our shit together even if it looks like we do.

im 27

d... desu?

why would I want to read the memoirs of a 23 year old?

And Cred Forums is full of fags like you. Thank you for stating the obvious.

I turned 27 this may. Feels indifferent, I'd feel less indifferent if I wasn't depressed for 4 years prior, but that's life.
>you've wasted a good portion of your adult life?
ftfy

28, own property, have a life partner who is due to give birth to our son in December. We both love vidya and have a gaming PC, a PS4 and two Xbones, although the latter are neglected. I've been visiting Cred Forums since I was 16. This is one of the world's most popular websites, the demographic is bound to be wide and varied.

I'm turning 21 in 3 days, and I gotta admit that it's kinda uncomfortable being such an underdeveloped infant at an age where some people are starting their own families or working on their companies. Can't even find pleasure in my childish hobbies, but I'm to stuck in my ways to do anything about it.
And in a couple years I'll be done with college and then I'll be so alone.
So alone.

This. 30 years old here.

>There are people who actually have fucking nostalgia for the original Halo on Cred Forums

Blows my mind that people are reminiscing about a mediocre console FPS that came out when I was in high school.

>MUH CORPORATE MUHCHINE!

Shut up you dumb fuck. The industry is fine. Go back to wearing your tinfoil hat why don't you?

Don't feel bad, people aren't as commonly getting married, having kids and buying houses at 21 anymore.

>life partner
>using pc terms
>being 28 and fully cucked

Jesus christ user how did you fall for this numale meme so hard?

don't compare yourself to others. just do you dawg. Just focus on being happy in the now and slowly work towards your goals. No rush. You are young as fuck.

>Implying Cred Forums doesn't have circlejerks.

32 here. I nostalgia hard over halo 2 and 3. Probably because it's the last time I got together with friends and friends of friends for lan parties

You're only old if you act or think that way so don't let it get you down user.

29. Definitely Halo 2 for me, not 3.

>Make around 1100 a week
>Own a house that was given to me
>One week worth of work can pay all the monthy bills
>That means I earn 3,000+ dollars a month of money that can be spent on anything or placed into savings.
>Still don't own a PS4

But I do have a nice PC.

If you ask me why I don't own one: All the good games release on PC.
If you ask me about exclusives: NIOH looks amazing, but it's Koei, so it's likely to release on PC in the future. Before that was NieR: Automata and that game is coming to PC. So I have no reason to one. Just wait for Nioh to release on PC rather than wasting 400 dollars for one game.

How do?

>channers

You will understand one day when the m&a industry comes for one of the hobbies you love underaged.

I just turned 31 on the 13th.

I look 25 and I'm mentally 20 so honestly, I fit in here.

I don't ever seem myself mentally maturing anymore past 20; I had a vasectomy when I was 22 so I'll never ever have my own family.

Money isn't a worry since NEET bux (see picture).

I just go to community college, take all the fun and interesting classes, have 120 credits and fuck all the 18-21 year old QT22/7 grillz.

I am truly living the American Dream.

rip

You don't really grow out of consuming media retard. Do you get too old for books or movies or listening to music?

I'm 25 and I've browsed the board since I was 15. Never really understood the age shaming nonsense as it's what 6th graders do to anyone below them. You're still gonna argue with retard peers no matter how old you get so you might as well accept Cred Forums isn't some likeminded intellectual board where everyone is the same age as you and everyone has the same interests and likemindedness as you.

This is a shitpost for sure.

How do what?

>person seems retarded
>realize they're just a teenager

26 years old and video game enthusiast here, sometime I wonder why I browse to Cred Forums since it's the worst place to talk about video game...

Top tier bait, apparently.

Oh wait. You're serious.

I've grown old.

I am still as retarded as I was when I was 16. My life is going nowhere, I have no career, no education, no plans, no ambition, no dreams, no money, no nothing.

The weirdest part is that I am actually completely fine with this. I ran out of fucks to give years back and the great secret to life is that the moment you stop giving a damn, is the moment it actually becomes bearable.

I just wish my parents would get off my back about grandchildren. Ya'll raised a fuckup, leave that shit to my normie siblings.

I worked as a programmer for a federal defense contractor, and it doesn't get any more "corporate machine" than that. I don't like big business corporate types either. Working for smaller businesses, while similar in a lot of ways, has a vastly different vibe, especially the management.

make life real again

>All the good games release on PC.

HA! That's funny. I didn't know a richfag could be so retarded.

Cred Forums circlejerks counterclockwise

27 here. I can't relate to most other gamers these days. Most of my friends I used to game a ton with have either become casualised or now only care about modern games and platforms.

If you're debt free, you're FAR ahead of many people.

What, life partner? Wow, so PC! We're not married and won't be any time soon. It doesn't mean I'm any less devoted to her and my child. Actually sounds exactly the opposite of being a "cuck" - living with honour, dignity and providing my line and folk with an heir. Think before you speak.

>I am truly living the American Dream.

Is that why you have a bunch of anti-depression medication?

Lets not kid ourselves, you are going to hang yourself in the next 5 years

I am completely debt free.

I've got disposable income coming out my fucking ass at this point.

So you have bad taste? Is that what you're saying?

41 here
I'm glad most people here are 13, explains why 90% of the comments are ignorant AF

>think before you speak
This is america bitch! We don't have to do that here.

26, wasted years of life on depression, feels like its already too late for the most common things people achived at my age

Think about ending it at all to avoid the loneliness of the upcoming years that slowly make me numb and cost me my last power to do something about it

Anyway, good thread OP

26 here.

Recently I've really gotten into M&B:W, and it feels godly to play a long session after a hard day of work. I'm not upset over having no time to play, I still love vidya but I also want to move forward with my life.

I'm 35.

>How do you deal with the fact that 95% of the posts you reply to were made by someone between the ages of 13 to 20?
I don't care. I feel old in real life, but not online.

Nah Imma have fun shitting up board and ruining it for you little turds

>41 here
>AF

Go to bed, kid.

>Completed highschool
>Didn't kill anyone
>Didn't get anyone preggos
>No debt

I'm assuming you're under those 4 in which case you're really well off to do whatever the fuck you want.

I would love to earn some money but I don't wanna ruin my video game time.

>Were you born with a fucking expiration date as a birth mark or something?
Y-You weren't?

What do you daydream about?

Also:
>Not on any sex offender registries
>Not Anthony Burch

>Complaining about EA taking over some shitty company.

Apparently, you'll never understand how fucking stupid you sound. The only noteworthy game Westwood ever made was Command and Conquer.

You'll probably pussy out.

They made Nox and Blade Runner, you clown.

>ending it all
Nah, just pick up a dangerous hobby for a while. If your life is meaningless, there's no reason not to waste it smoking cigarettes and riding your bike down the side of a mountain, right? I smoked several years ago, which was my personal way of committing suicide, and I eventually quit when things got better.

>>Not Anthony Burch
Every day can be a good day
mfw not Anthony Burch

More video-game art that plays on themes like this please.

I don't know man, some of them seem retarded even for teenagers.

26 isn't even anything dog. Most peoples lives didnt even fully start til they were 30 or so. Hell there are people who found their true calling by 60. It's never too late and it's irrational to think otherwise. Banging a girl in highschool or whatever isn't that fulfilling.

A jerk is a jerk, my man.

>the passage time fucks me up
It's inevitable user

lol incels

25 here. There was a thread yesterday talking about how they grew up watching streamers but hate what it has become. I almost threw my monitor out the window in rage.

Pretty sure most people on here are past 20. Think about it. Teens now go to reddit. We started as teens here, and stayed.

People just want to find an excuse for all the shitposting. Don't kid yourself. A grown ass man is just as capable of having retarded opinions.

>Banging a girl in highschool or whatever isn't that fulfilling.
I disagree

>things get older as time goes by
HOLY SHIT

Calm down, Blizzard. Westwood isn't going to threaten your control over the RTS market anymore.

Fucking best game ever

It is better to rule in hell than serve in heaven.

33 here.

Dude, you think gaming came around when you were old enough to pick up a controller? Please, this has been a hobby for a lot of people for a long time. Same with shitposting, as that has no age limitation as well.

But I look at some of the threads here and get somewhat nostalgic, since my "hardcore" years were in the early 2000s. A full time job, girlfriend, life and IRL responsibilities changed my level of gaming, and I miss it sometimes. Seeing how gaming has changed in 20 years for the good and bad bothers me, but I guess the "golden age" wasn't going to keep being that way forever.

>tfw 19
>tfw just got a 30,000 scholarship which in addition to my merit scholarship is covering everything but federal loans for school
>tfw getting engaged soon
>tfw going into teaching and helping society

user you need to get to school

I miss deepgames for deep gamers such as myself.

>most of this board is too young to remember the "halo invented x" meme
JDIMSA

>Most peoples lives didnt even fully start til they were 30 or so.
That's certainly true for me. I wasted my 20s, completely succumbed to my mental issues and didn't get back on track until I was close to 30.

I'm 35.

I'm also a teacher so I literally spend half of my life interacting with teenagers.

I like talking about cool old games from the old days where every year new shit that came out was leaps and bounds beyond what came before it. The best stuff is the stuff that still stands the test of time 20 years later.

Now that you've reached wizardom, and are in favourable circumstances, its time to put your self to some use.

Identify your powers/strengths and develop them.

Been browsing since 2006.

I guarantee you there's a lot of underage peeps here.

Keep telling yourself that

Shut it Sallie Mae

I mostly lurk since I'm terrible at making coherent arguments and try and be nice in general because it feels more genuine to be nice when there are no benefits to doing so and no real consequences for being rude.

>waaaaah you guys creep me the fuck out and should leave.

What the fuck are you doing on Cred Forums?

23 here. Odds are I'll be browsing this shithole or whatever succeeds it my entire life.

Anyone who's around 19/20 are metal faggots think they're pretentious intellectually superior beings. Fuck off with that shit.

I don't know why, but that image cracked me up.

why? explain how awkward first time sex in the most awkward years of your life will fulfill everything onward. because it hasn't for me.

I think it's just a dead meme
>babysfirstfps.jpeg

>19
>getting engaged soon
lol

You're not that old. I remember when 80s babbys still fought with 90s babbys over which generation was better here. Enjoy your years.

This is a nice oldfag thread. Good to see you guys still here.

30 here. Everyone ages. Your youthful interests are inherited by a new generation, sun rise, sun set. Doesn't bother me.

Been on 4butts for a decade, don't really see myself not coming here in some capacity.
You can tell some boards to tend to attract an "older" audience though. Like /dyi/, /vr/, or Cred Forums.

I don't spend much time on Cred Forums any more, just poke my head in every now and then just to see whats up with newer videogames. Still play a shit ton of games, but often I'm playing things that Cred Forums doesn't talk about any more (games ment for 486s). But still get a few yucks out of Cred Forums.

FUCK YOU!

Go to /vg/ if you want discussion. Cred Forums is Cred Forums for video games.

Oh well they don't give out that kinda NEET bux unless you have a "legitimate" reason.

I'm not really disabled, I just faked it for the money and the good meds.

If I don't get my scripts filled each month they can see and cut off my free money.

Fuck that; I get them filled, flush them but keep the Valium and Adderall.

>The industry is fine muh tinfoil

lmao you stupid cunt

I think you're supposed to do it more than once or at least do it so your memory isn't "Awkward teenage sex" and is instead "That one really nice time on the rich douche kid's boat"

34 in a couple of weeks. All it does is make me sad. I grew up with Zelda cereal, adventure games from Sierra and Lucasarts, Brisco County Jr, and high hopes for a great future because it was pre 9/11.

Now kids get mad over graphics settings, can't hold a conversation, and are bald by 23. I pity them mostly. It's not their fault the slutty tramps of the mid 90s raised them without a dad. Not their fault that bitterness has replaced optimism. They could fix it but none of us ever gave them the tools.

What does fuck with me is realizing the single mom I was banging as an undergrad has a kid that'd be about 22 or 23 now. So hi Adam if you're on here. I did really nasty stuff to your mother those 3 years I was hitting it.

>Go to /vg/ if you want ERP
ftfy

>You can tell some boards to tend to attract an "older" audience though. Like /dyi/, /vr/, or Cred Forums.

Exactly. Cred Forums is like the high school you graduate out of. Once you do that you'll get tired of Cred Forums being a shitfilled place and visit other boards.

I'm sorry but I've always been retarded
sorry

It's not.
She's retarded, she only likes you because you're older and worst of all she nags and gets depressed all the time about things that seem absolutely pointless to you.

If you think you can get over it just to get laid, no, you fucking can't and at some point will have enough of her.
Always date 20+ girls

>still being here
>good

not that the normie life is any good but jesus fuck can't there just be another online thing that I can hop onto?

/vg/ is useless for discussing actual games cause the small communities that comprise those threads are so fucking cringey and circlejerky that unless you're a sperg, you're not going to have a good time with them.

Like if I wanted to find a community to play some decent games of dota 2 with, I ain't fucking going to find it on /vg/.

28, just wish i never had seizures. i had a great job.

i hate how the industry has gone. i hate how the DLC is like. the game that come out aren't complete.

>The industry is fine.
you could always hack bitcoins and buy heroin on the darknet, I suppose

Oh god I can't read. Thought you were talking about dating and fugging highschool girls

29 reporting in

sucks dick dude, i try not to think about it

It's still better than this shit hole. If I need competent discussion I go there. Cred Forums is filled with gormless retards all seeking validation. It's like screaming into the abyss but that is just the imageboards and forums and social media in general.

How do people have a sense of community in a place where you're Anonymous?

You could be fucking anyone.

that's nothing, most of the DLC isn't complete either

when did i quote that

just messing, no worries.

>Engaged
You were doing so well user
I'm getting my PhD soon but being engaged would just fuck everything up.

Firstly, if you're banging them you're not like, doing anything other than banging them. It's not like you've got marriage on the mind.

Also not what I meant, it was more of a doing it then thing

I live near a HS, and I've gotten to watch the cross country girls run in shorts and sport bras for many, many years.
It's starting to feel creepy :(

>Engaged
Man you're one lucky fucker. I'm afraid that I won't be married by 25 at this rate. I don't give a shit about what the niggers here say but I want a big family and I still feel at 19 that I'm running out of time way too fast.

oh ok

>if I wanted to find a community to play with

Don't you have friends to play online with? I feel sorry for you.

anonymous communities are as old as human civilization

Reddit?

m'lady

I also have this problem. Any solutions?

That okay, user. High school girls get me all unable to read and ready to dick too.

>Cred Forums is filled with gormless retards all seeking validation
/vg/ is no different, if anything it's worse

A lot of Cred Forums is shitposting, but you can get pretty good threads here and there. With /vg/ you're stuck with the same fucking shitposters thread after thread, and while /gsg/ has some of the most cancerous ones many other generals have their own too.

>Engaged
>lucky
he'll be lucky if he's not divorced within 3 years

I just lurk mostly

>be caveman
>see other caveman's face
>instantly know they're samefagging from now on

I'm gonna need a better explanation for why you think this.

What the fuck are you doing on /vg/ or Cred Forums then? Don't you have friends to discuss video games online with? I feel sorry for you.

i don't even understand this response

request friends on steam?

>I can be fucking anyone

HOW?

>19

You need to calm down. Believe you me I know I felt just like you at my age. Take your time if you worry about stuff like that you will fuck up big time.

I'm almost 28, I don't really care. But lately I sometimes think "oh good god that post is obviously a bait they can't be real" and it turns out they can. Younger people who play games nowadays are much more ignorant and actually know very little about games.

This is true.

When I bought a vita I went to /vitagen/ and couldnt believe my eyes.

its like the worst parts of Cred Forums Cred Forums and /r9k/ combined on one place

cringey as fuck, and only 10% of the posts are actually about the games.

Good job, baited a good deal of (You)s.

>caves
>civilized
user pls
also masks have been a thing since stone tools

>tfw just turned 20 yesterday
>tfw feel old
I just had to get a filling yesterday too.

Hey man I've already accepted in this globalized world that I'll eventually divorce my wife and she'd fuck me up financially. I just want 2-10 children before that happens. I also want to move to Spain because I don't like the idea of my children being raised as a burger and the old country wouldn't work out for them financially.

>buy heroin
The amount of time you have to waste talking to losers in IRC that think you're a narc would not make that worth it.

>Anonymous
>Community

Nothing ever changes, except man. Your technical accomplishments? Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity but improve man and you gain a thousand fold. I am such a man.

It's true. I swear we weren't this stupid.

I like to see other people in pain. Cred Forums is perfect for that everyone is pathetic here. Makes me really happy.

>only pretending

>wants to leave 2+children with a single parent in the European country with the highest unemployment rate
your dreams suck

That's really fucking pathetic.

we've grown up through almost the entire history of the medium though.

Don't know you know that lately adulthood has slowly been pushed later and later into the late 20's? And not surprising for people in their 20's to be single as they seek higher education for a bit?

Schadenfreude is God's gift to the lazy

you sound like an edgy kid lol

You were. You just have nostalgia glasses on.

30 here. Want to actually talk about games? Instead of making shit posts like all the children here

>There are people here posting who weren't even born during the Eugenic Wars.

>adulthood has slowly been pushed later and later into the late 20's?
that's not adulthood, that's the ability to be financially independent

Sadly to bang them you sometimes must at least badly pretend to be interested in them.

I tried it, my friend tried it, his cousin tried it and each one of us will tell you the same thing. That it's fucking hell.

what are events where people show up in masks just to talk about topics that weren't isolated and constrained to a specific living location? The only thing that comes to mind are masquerade balls but even then those weren't particularly anonymous endeavors.

Afraid not bud.

Nothing wrong with Schadenfreude in of itself but spending your time posting on a board to fuel your superiority complex is just pathetic.

>cross country

Just thinking about this makes me tired as fuck and my joints hurt.

It did when I was 14 and it does now that I'm 31.

I find sex boring since I've had so much of it it over the course of my life.

I have no desire for a 10/10 perfect grillfriend.

I just like to hunt down college girls, sleep with them and see how long/quick before they fall in love with me.

Then I'm sweet to them for a bit but then I start being cruel.

You'd be amazed how long they stick around even when you stop being sweet to them completely.

Feed me! FEED ME SEYMOUR!

I don't, but I can definitely see how pathetic Cred Forums is.

>LONDON
>Getting aroused by literally anything with blush on it
>actually liking degenerate trannies
>furries
>etc

Even if it's done as a joke sometimes, it may still be true and if you say it enough you'll convince yourself of it.

>blog thread
kys grandpa

>walks into thread late, after lots of good discussion
Don't do what i don't want you to do!

Anonymous graffiti in ancient Rome.

YOUR GRANDFATHER ALREADY KILLED 54 NAZIS AT YOUR AGE AND YOU STILL PLAY VIDEO GAMES PUSSY FAG

I want to move there but I know that the financial crisis wouldn't let that happen. That's why the lower limit is two and it would go higher depending on finances. Of course I have other countries in Europe that I've looked over on possible financial situations. Hopefully the Schengen Area would still be in effect and not destroyed by immigration from the East.

>29
>Old

Your life is sad.

If I did, I'd do it in a thread where we weren't talking about how old we supposedly are.

Call it whatever you want. Doesn't change the fact that people are putting off marriage and independence later into the 20's.

Gross.

Are you a cat?

>Schadenfreude

Oh I enjoy it as a passive fancy but I love to win just to win you know?

The fact that others fails and feel bad is just a bonus.

So you don't have any friends. Not surprising.

this isn't facebook old man

Bingo, this is correct.

Took me till 27 to be financially stable. Seems that all the jobs are in larger cities and all larger cities on the west coast are rising in cost of living at a high rate. This is my case but is similar across the US. I'm sitting well now, but I wish I had the same opportunities my parents had in their early 20s.

I'm 54 years old, and I'm a lurker for the most part.

You guys need to stop griping so much about the people that gripe about the video games, and just enjoy them for what they are.

Young people will be stupid and make fools of themselves. They should be thankful they are doing it on Cred Forums, where this history fades and dissapears for the majority of posts.

Looking back to when I was a teen, some old boards are still up and so are my fucking retarded posts. And they are shameful I say. Be thankful all the retarded shit you post here wont stick around.

>Want to actually talk about games?
why would I be on Cred Forums if that were the case?

>what are events where people show up in masks just to talk about topics that weren't isolated and constrained to a specific living location?
masks aren't limited to fancy eye coverings on sticks, they can be painted on as well.
literally just about any religious ceremony, conflict in war, rite of passage, types of standard dress in social gatherings all incorporate some dehumanizing element that favors anonymity or at least downplaying individuality.

I have a lot of players like you on my private SWBF2 server.

While they argue and bicker like idiots, I put a blaster bolt in their head.

So nothing to do with masks. But I guess it's good enough.

Yeah, so basically "adulthood".

I'm pushing 40, and I come here mostly to shitpost when I'm bored, and maybe catch some info that slips through other sites.

Trying to actually hold a legitimate conversation about gaming is pretty much futile. Too many defense forces and other constant millennial shit.

>people are putting off marriage and independence later into the 20's.
that's probably a good thing, and only shows that they are making adult decision (i.e. start a family under better financial conditions) earlier than before

32 here. Been on Cred Forums since 05. But I rarely browse the site these days. Last time I was really hardcore browsing was maybe 2014. Since then, I rarely play games except for the occasional WoW raid (and just because of my old friends who picked it up again).

What's weird was that I was the kind of guy who told myself that I'd always be playing games and browsing Cred Forums. And it's not that I'm too busy, but my interests have shifted to other things like travel, hiking, audio, whatever.

Oh you get me. All those other anons that replied have done at least one of those things. Oh and yes I do realise that it is probably pathetic but all you guys are just text on a screen i have no emotionally stimulus because I can't see your faces. This is the reason I feel no guilt over the joy I receive over all the stupid pathetic shit that goes on here and yes it does not matter if it is real or not. But it's just so sad it's laughable and if you can't see that I am sorry anons.

BS, you're not 54 years old.

30. Although this place is absolute shit, the alternatives (reddit, facebook, gaming conventions) force me to stay.

Dispite the tripfags and shilling, it's the one place we can be honest about games. I love you guys.

The way I've come to understand it, everyone does things when they're young that they personally find stupid later on in life. But there are still people who are 30+ doing/saying/believing things stupider than some 15-year-olds. Also sometimes stupid shit happens for no reason at all whatsoever and any notion of an "objective" or even coherent reality is a pitiful delusion and someone please hold me I'm scared and think it might be too late.

Ha ha ha

A jew and his shnoblo cat.

Believe what you will, I have no obligation to prove anything on an anonymous image board.

basically, no
adulthood has nothing to do with financial stability
it's a state of mind and body defined by the end of puberty and the beginning of the real aging process

23 and even i feel old browsing this shithole of a website
but i cant stop, help me quit Cred Forumsro's

>Cred Forumsro's
fuck off

*cries into his cumsock*

38 here.

Doesn't really bother me - I think back to what a dumbass I was at that age, so it's not surprising to see what you see here. We just did it on shitty AoL and Prodigy message boards is all.

My changing tastes and trending towards more casual play gets me sometimes though. I don't know the last time I played something competitive online that plays in real time - just doesn't interest me anymore. Doubly so for anything with voice chat - reading kids is one thing, hearing them is intolerable.

Once you reach the point where you realize you're always going to look back on life and think you were an idiot, you're good. That means you're committed to becoming less of an idiot in your life, which some people refuse to believe is possible.

At least discussion can still happen on other (slower) boards my old friend.

I miss when Cred Forums wasn't so fast.

I'm 32. I started coming here in college.

It's how I keep up with what kids are into these days. Unfortunately, what these kids are into is being little faggots.

Yep, saw that coming a mile away. It can also be interpreted as independence and such. Traits relating to being an adult.

Don't go technical on me. You know what is implied when someone says adulthood.

>just about any religious ceremony, conflict in war, rite of passage, types of standard dress in social gatherings all incorporate some dehumanizing element that favors anonymity or at least downplaying individuality.

Need something specific.

Most of those things you can easily tie to specific identities and status and I don't think most of those things went out of their way to make everyone taking part to be unknown.

For example in war I'd just think knights in armor with helmets that cover their faces still go by order of command still go by defining themselves for a greater purpose. It's not like they're making anonymity as part of their core principle, but again I'd need a specific example of some kind of military that was literally Cred Forums the army in ancient times.

28 here...pretty successful with plenty of time to play vidya games I suppose.

Still empty inside tho ;_;

>21 this month
>have job and car
>wake up at 12 everyday
>eat trash, fap and play vidya
>moving out soon
life is alright
oh shit was i supposed to be an oldfag?

>30. Although this place is absolute shit, the alternatives (reddit, facebook, gaming conventions) force me to stay.

What's with you guys looking for the ultimate oasis of discussion? Every fucking message board has some shit in it. Unfortunately we just have some trolls and mentally unhealthy individuals who have access to the internet.Just gotta deal with it.

Me on the other hand I like Cred Forums because it's convenient and anonymous.

what is millennial shit?

>mfw 27
>mfw started university at 26
>mfw paying my own way through school, watching all the money I saved up slowly evaporate
>mfw I will be 30 when I graduate
>mfw some girls in my classes have shown interest in me but I'm old enough to have babysat them
>mfw i'm an enormous degenerate and have to act normal 5 days a week

feelswhateverman

You'll grow out of it someday. Most people do. Probably 95% of the people who were browsing in 2006 are gone by now.

0 yous

Browse /vr/ as well? I'm 28, but I like post-2000 games so I don't browse there often because they go anal over anything that isn't ancient technology. Even though early 2000 stuff is pretty old now.

I seriously hope all you oldfags make nothing but high-quality and constructive posts.

The possibility that some of the shit I see on this board might be coming from people over 30 is too depressing to consider.

Nigga in 38, you will feel much better about life if you stop giving a fuck. Also put the pipe down.

Hyper-reactionary, self-aggrandizing defensive bullshit. Basically, millennials are an entire generation of teenage girls.

Yeah, except it's with hatred for the hottest new game.

Can't wait 'till XV comes out.

Are you saying you're 65 years old?
I'm impressed.

20, here.

I often wonder what the demographic of the bitter, constantly-on-shitpost-mode memers is. Is it really an all ages sort of thing?

30, as I've gotten older my tastes have gotten more casual. I generally just play games to wind down now and would rather spend my free time doing something social.

>reading kids is one thing, hearing them is intolerable.
Oh boy. This resonates with me. I remember some of my very first online gaming interactions over quakeworld and Mplayer (remember that shit?) being... I guess cringy? Online games was such a new thing at the time I guess I found it nothing but fascinating but I can only imagine if they had voice chat at the time it would be replaced with unbridled cringe.

im not sure why but the discussions here just seem more relevant to gaming and seem to cut right to the actual issues of whatever game matters a lot. everyone is generally on the same page as to why anyone would care about some obscure japanese developer making whatever game thats destined to fail. This doesn't seem to hit home on any other discussion board, that and I just have no idea on how to use reddit and have no idea why people that go to reddit come on here to complain about reddit.

I'm all of that except I started at 24, and the girls don't show interest in me.

>doing something social

>mfw started university at 26
I'm 26 now and thinking on going back. Do you deal with a lot of kids fresh out of high school or people about mid 20s and up? I really want to get my life together with a career but I can't deal with these little fuckers, especially the girls who still think they their high school rep means shit anymore.

ah yes, the talented sutherland

Not astounishing, since noone could counter that arguement

I just don't take the idiotic things people say too seriously. They will regret it in 10 years just like I regret some of the stupid stuff that came out of my mouth 10 years ago.

I'm sure in 10 more years I'll regret something I said today. As long as we don't check out and give up on life we're always changing.

26. I wish I was an underage shitposter tbqhwy.

Honestly, I don't get why people are hyping up being an older. The way I see it, we're just that much closer to dying.