The localization is trash

The localization is trash.

• Tons of name changes
• Very fucking annoying accents, I have to read the text again a lot of the time because I didn't what the fuck they were saying
• Removed the orchestral soundtrack
• Removed the item icons in certain places
• A lot of the dialogue is just made up, most of localization team probably doesn't even know Japanese

does it still take 100 hours to get to the second disc?

no, it's a single cartridge

We told you to play the PSX version and wait for Builders, Heroes 2, and XI. True DQ fans played this 15 years ago. And no the extra content for VIII doesn't make it worth the shitty graphics.

Well it's fun if you've never played the original.

No it's not. The original for PS was 100% better in every possible way.

NoA also managed to censor the framerate. What an awful company.

Yeah, squeenix always fucks Dragon Quest localizations. This is not news.

Oh wow, it's just like every other localization a DQ game gets!

bullshit, at least this one has a quicker start.
All you need is the restoration patch with the orchestral music and it's absolutely fine.

How does one get a restoration patch

This should have been on PS4/Vita.

>A lot of the dialogue is just made up, most of localization team probably doesn't even know Japanese
proof?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The DQ localization team is fucking retarded.

>Tons of name changes
whats the issue
>Very fucking annoying accents, I have to read the text again a lot of the time because I didn't what the fuck they were saying
you being too retarded to properly comprehend what you read is not a valid point
>Removed the orchestral soundtrack
this is valid
>Removed the item icons in certain places
not a big deal, the icons are still viewable in all the same places they used to be viewed except for shops
>A lot of the dialogue is just made up, most of localization team probably doesn't even know Japanese
source?

>• A lot of the dialogue is just made up, most of localization team probably doesn't even know Japanese
if you know Japanese, why are you playing a localization

I hate the accents in the Dragon Quest remakes. Every one of them has had weird over the top accents where you can barely make out what they're talking about.

wtf I hate Dragon Quest now

Pirates win again

>• A lot of the dialogue is just made up, most of localization team probably doesn't even know Japanese

I need proof of this, I can live with the others but this triggers me.

Removal of Japanese wordplay/pun humor is fine, but nothing else.

I've been playing it all day and its fine. I don't know what all the crying is about, just play the original if this one is so terrible. I'm happy we finally got the remake and am looking forward to 8. I hope we eventually get the monster games too.

>Name Changes
That's why its called Localization, not Translation.

>Accents
That's like, quintessential Dragon Quest. If it weren't there it would be a trash localization.

fair

>Removed icons
fair but probably not a huge deal? I'm not up to speed on it

>"A lot of the dialogue is just made up"
As someone who translates between Japanese and English, there are things that you can't translate, things that are naturally understood in one language that aren't in the other, etc. The "perfect 1:1" translation that a lot of you people wish for would be a fucking garbage fire and you're lucky you get stuff half as good as you have been getting in the past couple years.

sup Neogaf

Blame the composer being a shitter.