Post SFV mains and secondaries. Also post any opinions you have on sfv, what you're excited for etc. I'll start

Post SFV mains and secondaries. Also post any opinions you have on sfv, what you're excited for etc. I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UKXO_UJoK3g
clips.twitch.
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/16/capcom-reiterates-plans-keep-updating-street-fighter-5-their-investors/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gimme Sakura already.

I know user I want best girl back to

Fei Long will forever be my true love, too bad he is not in SFV yet.

I am currently having a break from SFV, but plan to play Urien once he's in.

How do you enjoy playing a game where defensive/reactive play is severely gutted resulting in a guessing simulator?

How does it feel shitposting a game you have never played?

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE TOURNEY

I don't have a main. I just play whatever character interests me at the time. I guess Birdie would be my latest "main" and I usually fall back to Ryu if the going gets tough.

Main Karin, secondary Mika.

I lile SFV, but it has tons of problems. Hopefully most will get fixed with time.

Hmmmmmmm I wonder why so many upsets happen in V compared to any other game. Why are tournament results so volatile? Players that get top 8 in one tourney lose in pools at the next.

Reminder a literal 12 year old and omgitzandre who can barely play marvel3 placed higher than Daigo/Momochi/Haitani/etc. at evo.

Don't worry, I know you're shitposting, hun. Just walk away.

>Why are tournament results so volatile?
Because the game isn't even a year old. This happens with almost any new game that isn't just a carbon copy of the previous one.
Take your smug shitposting out of this thread and preferably to the garbage dump where it belongs.

When does Urien and the new patch drop?

I'm sure they'll fix it after CPT
Or, more likely, they built their netcode around 8f which means the game will be dead in a few years

No other games are this volatile in the first year... I guess a Capcom only player wouldn't know that though.

Reminder a guilty gear player won the Topanga Charity Cup which had all the JP gods in attendance last month.

Actually they are if they have a big player base.
But keep up the strawmen, friend.

mika main
cammy/ibuki secondary

i would love to play juri, but the charge mechanic is absolute shit and not fun. they need to remove it.

Busy watching it.
But, anyway, all that's left of the US is the fucking trinity. Who do I root for? Poongko?
I just want to see Japan lose.

Japan will never lose

>I just want to see Japan lose.

Me too, me too. But we have to admit, they're fucking kings at this game.

That'll happen only when jumpback OS is patched out.

He needs some way to actually apply pressure, like scissor kicks

I will always have a place in my heart for him

what's going on in this webm

It has a counter, you just have to make a risky guess. Just like everything in this game.

hillary clinton unconscious and being dragged into the van, check her feet

>main
Russian wrestling man of bad everything
>sub
dabbled with Rashid and Alex, currently testing the waters with necalli

Capcoms overall strategy for the game is grating since they are locking all meaningful changes behind CapCup because "muh pro season"
fuck Capcom we know who's gonna win it fucking fix your netcode

>removing a tool that helps wake-up options in a game where oki is so strong

Bipson main. I love how so many of his buttons can confirm so easily.

Alex is sub.

Probably going to be putting in a lot of time on Urien when he comes out, I wanna swag on people with Aegis.

In fairness, it's a Japanese tournament. Home turf.

Too bad it beats almost everything that isn't specifically made to beat the OS. People should not have free wakeups.

pulling for Itabashi to make top 16
Go1 probably gonna win

Main: Guile

Secondary: Tentative. I can play Alex, Ryu, and Cammy okay, but I really want to pick up Balrog as my primary secondary.

I always enjoyed SFV despite a lot of the technical issues that plagued its release, but it wasn't until I picked up Guile that I REALLY fell in love. Even though defense feels harder in this game, I feel Guile is actually really strong and that people are sleeping on him. I think it's significant that Ryan Hart used Guile against Daigo in Grand Finals at Lockdown. As time went on, it seems Du and Dieminion changed their minds about him as well.

While not the quite the zoning monster he was in SF4, Guile definitely feels like a character that makes defensive play viable in SFV.

That all said, I'm probably most excited for the reduced frame delay in Season 2 (hopefully). It doesn't kill the game for me, but I'd be really happy if it does get reduced significantly. I'm also excited to see top players explore more of the cast after Capcom Cup. Lots of untapped potential still imo.

>knocked into losers as soon as I pick him to win

Should I get SFV? The Deluxe edition is on sale. I have no experience with fighting games besides playing BlazBlue once with a guy in High School, and, Dissidia Final Fantasy if that counts.

R. Mika

Don't have a secondary yet, just got the game.

Excited for Alex's 3rd strike skin cause currently he looks like a wiener.

Hoping for Twelve for season 2

I really took a liking to Decapre in 4. I really hope they turn her into a full fledged character in season 2 and not just a story mode fight.

>I'm also excited to see top players explore more of the cast after Capcom Cup. Lots of untapped potential still imo.

I agree. With how fast Capcup stated after the game launched, it feels like most top players reasonably went with the most obviously strong characters. Once there's some downtime I feel like we'll start seeing some really cool stuff from more slept-on characters.

I feel that's especially true for Guile like you said, as well as characters like Bison, Alex, and Balrog.

>no experience with fighting games
Fantastic, you're the target audience they had in mind when designing the gameplay.

do you have a local scene
are you willing to dedicate a sizable amount of time to learning/getting bodied

There's mixed opinions on it. I personally love it, others hate it to death. One thing that's certain, though, is that it's very accessible, so your lack of experience will be less of a problem for learning SFV as compared to pretty much any other current fightan.

>Do you have a local scene
No, I live in very, very rural Arizona.

>tfw just realized that the post-credits Ryu vs. Ken fight song mixes in Ryu's 3S theme too

that's pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=UKXO_UJoK3g

Oh, I don't know if this counts to you guys, but, I've also played Smash, and, Ryu is my main in Smash 4

22nd

I'm excited that the game might be less lopsided towards momentum and offense once the end of CPT lets them patch the game. As it is right now, the game is stressful as fuck to play unless you're going completely ham or at the very least, taking risks to start your offense. Zoning or even just playing a reactive punish/footsies game can certainly be done, but it's very very stressful to do consistently.

On the bright side, its very satisfying when you're getting wins with that playstyle, but it's also just not how the game is supposed to be played right now. I can only really play in short sessions before my fun with the game completely ends and it starts feeling like really hard work.
I don't, especially as a Guile main. That's why I've gone back to ST.

Why is ST so much better than SFV?

game is good but the netcode is a fucking atrocity, so don't expect quality matches with randoms. If you can get yourself into a community then itll be great

Main cammy
Learning ryu (stupid damage and parrying is fun?)

--ST has characters with varied playstyles rather than every character in V wanting to get in, get the knockdown and pressure.
--ST has an actual positional element because the cast has different effective ranges and screen positioning matters since the majority of the cast can't corner carry off a jab confirm.
--ST allows for varied player playstyles because you can actually react to things in a game that doesn't have 15 frame dashes in 8 frames of input lag

Things like that

There are plenty of things you can't react to in ST that you could in SFV, to be fair. Claw walldives being a prime example.

But the abscence of the empty forward dash mixup that works because of high input lag alongside the focus on space control rather than just pure offense are the biggest reasons I prefer it. Hell, even 4 had those things going for it.

I was just hoping that V would keep both the simplicity of ST and the focus on fundamentals, but it only really accomplishes the former.

4 had other shortcomings, the main one being that it was daunting as fuck to get into. High execution requirement, very matchup oriented while also having a huge roster, tons of option selects to learn, etc. But at least it rewarded you for playing safely and not doing a bunch of stupid shit. Unless you played a character like Rolento, anyway.

Karin for Main.
Ryu and Juri as secondaries.
I wish Cody could be made a available.

I don't have a main cause I don't play too often. Kinda waiting to see what other characters come out though

I like the game but havent really gotten into it yet. Transitioning from the slow gameplay of IV to the absolute slugfest of V is a bit jarring, but I can't fault it for putting emphasis on a different gameplay style and executing it fairly well.

I kinda prefer FADC over V Trigger though. The variety of situational applications made FADC a bit more interesting than V Trigger for me, as it mostly affects BnBs and pokes above all else, with more minor characteristics like Alex's parry being more of an afterthought

I think the only major problem with IV's gameplay on an objective level were ultras, as they rewarded sloppy play and taking damage with high damage combo enders and invincible reversals.

Overall V is okay, but unlocking shit through a points shop is still pretty shitty

AKUMA FAGGOTS BTFO HAHAHAHAHA

Cummy is my main
Laura secondary
Thinking about picking up Vega for third. Any tips for him?

"How is it going, fellow teens?"

Forgot to include pick of yummy Cummy

I only have ultra, I main Hakan and Ken.

I would a Cammy.

>post any opinions you have on sfv
It's shit, with only the slight chance that the post-CPT patches will make it better.

Can't say I have that much faith in Capcom.

>main is Alex pretty much everyone in these threads knows that, let's be honest
>secondary is Cammy now
>tfw my character crisis never fucking ends

JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

Ken. why?

Shit dead game hyped by FGC wannabe's who suck ass at the game ass well.

I main Gief. No secondaries. I wish they'd buff him a little, but some other points.
>allow DLC characters in training mode so we can learn their moveset without having to buy them or play someone online
>make it easier to send messages to people
>bigger lobbies for free play: probably impossible without a better netcode. I'm tired of not being able to play on a Cred Forums lobby because of 8 player limit
>where's the daily challenges we were promised to earn easier fight money
>buff Gief, please?
Overall, great game though. As a person who's been with the series since 2 debuted all those years ago, 5 is really great.

Daily challenges are coming with Urien.

I never got this hate for Ultras. People talk about it like it's a 100 percent things. Ultras are hard to land, a majority can't be combined into, and they leave you wide open if you miss. I'd take them over the supers in 5. It's so easy to tack on a super to a bnb combo and convert it into a 50% combo. And they fill up so fast with certain characters that it's not uncommon for them to use it three or four times per match and still pull off the occasional EX moves. Nothing says a great way to start off a round then to get jabbed into a super and lose 40 percent of your health just for them to fill up their bar again ten seconds later.

>dead game
>5000 entrants at evo
>peak twitch viewership of 200,000 + at evo
>peak viewership of 201k + on espn 2 at evo
How is the biggest fighting game esport a dead game?

Main: Nash but bored with him
Secondary: Laura but bad with her
Main replacement: Urien dawg

Game needs Akuma, FADC's on hit and more consistent AA hitboxes.

clips.twitch.
tv/kagecchi/SleepyFlamingoUleetBackup

Necalli gets a new amazing costume

Okay, but whens Sakura?

How did it get 5000 entrants at EVO but has failed to break even 900 at every single premier since Final Round?

People are getting more and more tired of this game with people moving to Xrd, CF. A lot of people focusing on KoF and people waiting for Tekken 7.

Even people that tread lightly like Jwong are starting to hate this game. If shit isn't fixed and polished post Capcom Cup this game will see serious drop off

If you want to use entrant numbers you may as well just say Smash4 is one of the best fighting games ever made.

I main Bison. his flaws are obvious and debilitating, but some smart balancing and a few tweaks can turn him into the monster he deserves to be.

Plus, he's such a dick when he wins. And you have no way of complaining when he does.

this numbers don't mean shit if every one and there mother is saying the game is ass.

The majority of the FGC is playing it for the purse.

He's arguing against the claim that the game is dead, not that the game is bad. Read.

I used entrance numbers as an argument against sfv being a dead game, not as an argument for the quality of the game

My bad, I'm used to /fgg/ jerking the game off incessantly.

I think the game is very good though. My only real issues with it is the 8 frames, lack of content, absolutely horrible netcode, and lack of characters. All of these issues are easily fixable, and the core fighting mechanics in sfv are amazing. But arguing that the game is dead is absurd, wether you enjoy it or not.

I don't think it's physically possible for Wong to tread lightly.

SFV with FADC would be total cancer, half the cast already shit damage left and right we dont need more combo extenders.

Bison needs decent movement speed, without it he will forever be a gimmicky character.

I hate how they changed him in SFV. His walkspeed was completely gutted and he just got some gimmicky combos instead.

Although I guess that can be used as an allegory for the game itself. Butchered footsies but they made some of the combos look cool and do a lot of damage.

Hard hitting, heavy bison is fucking awesome and exactly how the character should have been from the start, the problem is that he has absolutely no walk speed that cripples his ability to do anything that isnt dash n mash.

Christ I couldn't believe Andre did so well
That's very telling of V, he can barely hold his own in Marvel neutral which isn't exactly complex or hard.

This artist/designer they have on for V is really fucking awful.

He doesn't hit hard though.

>bison should have been slow and hard hitting from the start
This is like how people say Vega should have been an offensive motion character from the start. I personally don't agree.

It kind of alienates the people that have been playing the characters from the get-go when they completely change the gameplans of characters that have been around for decades like that.

But then again, this is more of an issue with SFV itself. It seems like only Karin and Chun-li are allowed to be good at playing footsies while everyone else just has to go in and go in hard.

>it's for people who feel like they can't play fighting games

lol at all you faggots playing this shitty game, nobody should unless they are on cpt, even then that shit is a joke

Do we read the same /fgg/

Currently bouncing between Necalli and Alex.
I feel like my Necalli is better, and Necalli is just a stronger character, but Alex is just more enjoyable
I'll probably grab Urien whenever he drops because he looks neat and like he actually has some range on his normals.

He hits hard, problem is so does 1/3rd of the cast.

I get you, i meant he "should have been that way" from an ascthetic level as it suits the dictator all powerful character more than KNEE PRESS KNEE PRESS KNEE PRESS.

I would disagree that only Karin and Chun can foosies, Cammy, Vega (claw) and Guile are pretty good at it too. I definitely think the game should be slowed down though.

Used to main Nash. Dropped him because he's too simplistic and boring for my taste.

Currently maining Vega with some Alex, Guile and Karin on the side.

>He hits hard, problem is so does 1/3rd of the cast.

Last I checked, Bison's max meterless combo damage is on the lower end.

Chun-Li is my main

Rashid or Balrog are who I'd consider my second.

oh man, just saw this going across page 1 and i lold for a good 3 minutes after i read the filename

That's awful.

Why is Nabooru pretending to be Chun

What the fuck

Finally! I knew Hyrule Warriors wouldn't let me down.

>Redbull logo
What is redbull fetish in turning everyone black from the 80s?

Main : Alex
Secondary : Laura
Urien will possibly take one of these slots

>the netcode is a fucking atrocity,
This really is not true any more. The netocode had issues at first but if you set to 4 or 5 and ask you will get matches with good connections 99% of the time. At this point it is people just attributing any time it goes a bit wrong to it being absolutely broken

>red bull promotion
huh, wish they were doing stuff for characters with less costumes but that is an interesting step

Also new necalli one designed by Kazunoko, whoever wins CPT this years gets to design a costume as well

I beat everyone's normal survival except Ibuki.

I keep getting destroyed by Necalli, I've tried 4 times or so but get stonewalled every time by his dumb shit. Jump in MK/HK, target combo then her grab decimates everyone else but trying that shit against Necalli gets me blown up.

How did you guys clear it?

Was Kazunoko deep into some monster hunter when he helped design that?

Are you pretending to be retarded or do you not know about traditional samurai garb

>Also post any opinions you have on sfv

I'll be interested to see what Capcom does in season 2... if they do anything.

Game sold about as well as SFxT, and they put a pillow over that game's face pretty quickly. Although they're a lot more invested in SF5's success... not that you'd know it from the effort they put into making it.

You know Jwong reacted to a dash forward oki and got pounded for it today. You can react to things. It just people like to nail to an excuse.

>There are plenty of things you can't react to in ST that you could in SFV, to be fair. Claw walldives being a prime example.

Why do people play O.Ken against Claw?

good thing....they confirmed recently....they would keep updating the game....even past the next fiscal year....
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/16/capcom-reiterates-plans-keep-updating-street-fighter-5-their-investors/

Also this thread is going to be filled with shitters and babies bitching about how their style of play isn't used in this game, therefore its shit.

Fuck off retard, daigo was dominating sfiv from start to almost end. SFV is volatile as fuck and results are on average random as fuck.

>DON'T INSULT SFV!!!!

Has Japan won any tournament with significant multinational reputation since this game came out?

Most significant multinational tournaments had Infiltration there.

hue

sfv is saved

That TGS top 8 made me hate the game.

Post Season 2 and onwards wishlists, now that they're confirmed happening

>Makoto
>Sagat
>Oro
>Ed
>Sakura

>main
Juri (formerly Karin)

>secondaries
Karin, Guile, Balrog, Ryu, Ken, Laura, Necalli, Chun-Li

I'm excited to get my hands on Urien and see what the store update brings. It's way too early for season 2 speculations, though. Doubt that'll stop anyone.

There are a handful of people in my friendslist who still play USFIV. They even admitted they don't even play online anymore and just run through arcade mode over and over again. Makes me wonder why they drag this dead carcass of a game along.

>Makoto
>Q
>Sakura
>Sean
>Akuma
>Rival Schools character

Let me know when we get Super SFV and Gief isn't unplayable

>Makoto
>Sagat
>Akuma
>Fei Long
>Sakura
>newcomer

I'm posting the only real list.

Akuma
Oro
Abel
C.Viper
Sakura
Tiffany

>Gief
>unplayable
Git gud.

Where can I find all the stage transitions/special kos? I've only seen the Shadaloo Base, Kanzuki Estate and the City one.

>Tiffany
?

I dunno if they've all been shown yet.

I'd like a legitimate projectile zoner and a character with more than 1 good normal. They don't have to be the same character.

Those are the only ones we have video of right now

Best argument

>no wakeup options
>no tools
>no combos
>no reversals
>even Snake abandoned him

1 Gief made TGS Top 32, so he won't get any buffs.

DELETE THIS

>bringing up Snake Eyez
Man, he must feel really stupid after he talked all kinds of shit about Zangief only to see players like Itabashi or Stupendous use him successfully. I like the guy, but he failed to adapt.

Yeah, he failed to master the dash up command throw tech. Too high level for him.

Why do all the anti-air sucks ass in this game ? Playing defense feels like a chore

>dash up command throw
>as Zangief
You're an idiot, in every sense of the word.

Don't reply to me again.

>playing necalli
>want to be good
>its another fireball episode

How...how the fuck, I try to rush them and get in their defense but its not enough

Of course if I defend too much I get chipped out on the timer, only way I've been able to win is to get in a lucky confirm and go full turtle mode with the hp advantage

>>its another fireball episode
just seismo

You have a fireball armoured fullscreen attack
use it.

>discs guidance through non-ex fireballs
>v-skill
>well-spaced jumps
>walk and block
There are a lot of things to do against fireballs, especially as Necalli who's pretty good at getting in. Just use the right tool for the right job, like don't jump into shoryu range unless you jump early with a read.

>I try to rush them and get in their defense
Being aggressive and wildly charging in are two different things. Be patient and use your tools wisely.

Necalli is the most fun I've had so far, besides Vega

I would've like him more in IV, I would like to see the mixups he'd get with FADC and the shorter hitstop.

I would like him but he just has such tiny buttons, even though Alex is a weaker character I prefer him over Necalli

>mains
Zangief
>secondaries
R. Mika