Be honest, you quit wildstar because you weren't #HARDCORE enough for it...

Be honest, you quit wildstar because you weren't #HARDCORE enough for it. You got destroyed in the first veteran dungeon and decided you didn't actually want an mmo that challenged you to such an extent. For all the thinking that telegraphs would make the game too easy, when it actually came time to avoid the red, you were just too slow. That is wildstar's biggest failing, thinking mmo players would want to play something they couldn't faceroll while bullshitting with friends in voice.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/429bt8/alleged_carbine_exemployees_talk_about_their/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It looked really stupid so I never even tried it.

I believe I speak for 99.95% of the Cred Forums community on this one.

Maybe you should try it then. Even people who've dropped it will agree it has some of the best dungeons and raids of any current mmo.

I quit because there's hardly anyone left to play with.

I quit because there isn't a playerbase.

>That is wildstar's biggest failing, thinking mmo players would want to play something they couldn't faceroll while bullshitting with friends in voice.
huh? you don't actually get a stable playerbase if you pander to the loud and obnoxious vanilla babies crying for attunement and unforgiving dungeons/raids

who would have fucking thought
congratulations on being the first person to find that out

Turned out vanilla wow was fucking shit, who would have though?!

>DUDE WHAT AN EPIC LEVEL UP *HANDS YOU TEH BACON*

Uninstalled on the spot.

I never picked it up because the art style was so obnoxious.

Looked like Teen Titans in 3D, with the saturation set to 1000.

I have wanked to that big titty ginger a few times.

played when it was released. raids, dungeons, and housing were good. everything else was not, so it wasn't worth it for me.

I wouldn't know because I never played it. I don't like the artstyle. I'd rather have something like Wizardry Online with dismemberment. If the game is immersive enough, I can put ridiculous amounts of time into it.

>unforgiving
Except they're not unforgiving, they're punishing. If you fuck up you get punished for it, as you should. no slap on the wrist if you stand in red, no E for effort if you fail a mechanic, no participation ribbon for playing bad, no combat res. You were challenged to play competently but it wasn't impossible or unfair.

I quit Wildstar because the girl in the trailer didn't piss herself even ONCE in the real game. False advertising at its finest. What the fuck Nintendo?

In a world where korean mmos are trying to out do each other with level up effects, I thought wildstar's was funny. Pretty neat that they recorded unique lines for each level too.

I quit because after playing it for 40 minutes i realized that these character models look fucking terrible/stupid and i don't want to be any of them. Glad i waited for the F2P phase to try it.

>I didn't play because I hate the artstyle
I find that hard to understand since I get pretty strong ratchet and clank vibes from the game.

if you stand for just one second in that last boss of GA's vomit, you die
that's as close to unforgiving as it gets; there's no room for any kind of second chance play and this kind of stuff is even more prevalent in datascape

what a surprise that people didn't like especially grueling mechanics such as the ones introduced in the only two raids wildstar had to offer

I got fucking bored not long after landing. Too much of a wow clone with a lite scifi paint job.

How hard is it to understand that wow clones already have better options out there and that another new copy isn't going to get you players after the initial rush?

>you quit wildstar because you weren't #HARDCORE enough for it
or because people realized tera did everything better without borderlands tier cringe

i got tired of carbines shitty optimization and bailed when my guild dreadnaught died. was there from closed beta up until F2P then quit on that update. they did it to themselves.

reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/429bt8/alleged_carbine_exemployees_talk_about_their/

>reddit
quit being a faggot.
heres a crucial thread to read through. if you played wildstar when it launched for a good amount of time, this all makes sense.

>if you stand for just one second in that last boss of GA's vomit, you die
If you die to ohmna's spew, you deserve it. That has a huge wind up and doesn't move faster than you can run. There's nothing wrong with it. The problem is people like you who see these mechanics and call them bullshit instead of learning the fights. You're not even willing to try because you don't like being challenged. Even with crutches like addons that tell you where to stand and when the next phase is starting, you just don't want to put in the effort to get better. But you can get better. You can succeed. You just have to try.

>people cant not stand in red

your post summarized.

I quit because it was fucking buggy as shit.

The combat was great, dungeons were pretty good, raising was awesome, but everything else was an unpolished messed.

PvP would have been AMAZING if they didn't mess up how ranks work and let it benefit rank boosters which made all of PvP moot.

Kill yourself
Worse than fucking borderlands humor

>That has a huge wind up and doesn't move faster than you can run
it moves slightly slower than your run speed and if you manage to fall in the purple sludge in between platforms you're going to slow down and die

>The problem is people like you who see these mechanics and call them bullshit
they're objectively bullshit
coming from someone who ran GA at least twelve times and probably nailed down the mechanics of the fights within the first 2-3 kills, there's nothing engaging about dying due to one simple fault and accidentally getting caught in a boss's attack, it's like "oh woops two of our dps died because they got hit by yet another insta-kill mechanic, time to wipe and retry guys"

pair that along with the fact that the majority of datascape followed suit (with guild teams literally being unable to progress to Avatus unless some RNG elemental boss was a certain combination), and you've got a recipe for an overall unpleasant raid experience that takes all of what made vanilla WoW's raiding so dreadful and amplifies it tenfold

HEY NEATO...

What? They can't all be F**cking gems.

>it moves slightly slower than your run speed
Sprint
> if you manage to fall in the purple sludge in between platforms you're going to slow down and die
jump over it. and it doesn't slow you down, it adds a stacking debuff that increases damage taken.
>coming from someone who ran GA at least twelve times and probably nailed down the mechanics
If dying was still common after having nailed the mechanics then you didn't actually nail the mechanics. If you were fucking up small bomb placement on x89 and sending groups of dps falling to their deaths then that wasn't a problem with the game, it was a problem with you. Same thing if you were dying to the same boss' spew attack. There is no bullshit to any of the fights. There is no raid wipe attack that will fire off in a second unless everyone in the raid does something.

It's really unfortunate that the best housing system and the best movement feel in the MMO genre had to be chained to a really sad failed raid-centric MMO with probably the most well intentioned and least intelligent developers in history.

Wildstar is the only MMO I've played, and I've played most, wherw going back to WoW no longer felt cozy and natural. The movement is just so damn good. Also not having a housing system like Wildstar makes WoW feel really sterile and barren.

Fuck Wildstar why did you have to suck

Wildstar raids are so hardcore not even the people who designed them can actually do them.

webm related, it's a carbine dev causing a wipe.

>there's nothing engaging about dying due to one simple fault and accidentally getting caught in a boss's attack

it wasnt bullshit user. the fights were actually brilliantly designed. if you werent skilled enough at the game to handle something as basic as ohmnas spew, then you werent skilled enough to raid. thats the fact of the matter. many people couldnt do it, thats fine. but to say they're bullshit because you dont like? nah m8. fuck you. git gud.

>still hinging your argument on the fact that i supposedly play the game
i quit over 5 months ago because it got boring
your thread's topic is to discern why people stopped playing wildstar; you're intent on the whole "they weren't hardcore!!!1!!!" and i've done my best to illustrate to you in previous posts that it's because the raiding environment is generally quite stifling and has a lot of mechanics that are artificially difficult; fuck up an interrupt on that guy in phage council?
welp the entire raid dies now
accidentally tank a single skill shot from the boss? woops, you died, time to wait for your team to wipe

i don't know how else to put this to you, but these factors paired along with the insufferable endgame daily grind were indubitably what killed Wildstar and made it so that only weathered veterans such as yourself still populate it

>fuck up an interrupt on that guy in phage council? welp the entire raid dies now

the guy cant time accordingly. even if his group is yelling INTERRUPT!

he wasnt ready for the fight and deserves the failure credited to him.

>accidentally tank a single skill shot from the boss? woops, you died, time to wait for your team to wipe

>they cant not stand in red

they make it literally as simple as possible to show you whats happening. if you cant avoid the red then you deserve death. its not hard. it really, really isnt hard.

>mechanics that are artificially difficult
But not cheap or impossible. All the situations you describe are easily avoidable. Don't interrupt before the lead calls for it, don't stand in the cleave if you're not a tank, just don't be a fucking dumbass. The notion that wildstar's raid content is just too hard is bullshit. It's not too hard it's just people who are unwilling to get better or learn fights.

>ugly artstyle
>shit ton of telegraphs
>#hardcore content is mostly just grind

Shit game

>shit ton of telegraphs
So you think telegraphs made the game too easy?

The comedy was bad.
The announcer dickhead was bad.
The taxi driver was annoying as fuck.
The roving packs of bots flying through the air raping every resource node in sight was bad.

Was also pretty much unplayable in Australia because they didn't give us any server love and the ping was retarded.

>Australia
No one cares.

It was actually too easy.

AI was too dumb.

Aggro range was 1 metre.

Story was demented.

Characters were le wacky meme.

Grafix were shit.

I quit the game because it wasn't as good as other MMOs out there.

What mmo has better dungeons and raids than wildstar. I'd like to know so I can go play those instead.

>wildstar
>difficult
>2016
yeah okay
how about no
the rune revamps ontop of ilvl changes and just overall more powerful gear being easier to get has made the game a joke
a bunch of furfag RPers beat DS/GA at the start of this year

Is this game fucking dead yet?

I played to the level cap. I am not a "hardcore" player of MMOs but I am a competent one. I know the roles, I know how to read forums, to watch videos, to learn, to be disciplined on TS, to not throw shit fits when you wipe, and just generally how to improve as a player.

I was in one of the bigger guilds on my server at the time I hit the level cap. I posted threads on the forum looking for people to do dungeons with, asked in guild, posted in guild forums, went on public chat etc.

Basically got zero responses. Noone wanted to run the Veteran Dungeons again because it was too much work - in a haemorrhaging population getting together the numbers to do the raids becomes the number one concern of the players who are already attuned, and most of them were a bit worn out already running the vet dungeons so many times.

The guild leader closed down the guild shortly after - after seeing my experience he decided that was the last straw, and that the population spiral was unsustainable.

I left along with them.

If they hadn't split the server up at the start or had some crippling launch issues, they might have avoided the death spiral.

I really enjoyed my Wildstar experience but as someone who has gamed for decades I don't have time for a game where I have to be hanging around all day waiting for opportunities to do dungeons etc.

>a bunch of furfag RPers beat DS/GA at the start of this year
What's the guild name? Genetic archives has gotten easier just because gearing up is easier now but datascape still maintains it's reputation for being a raid group destroyer.

I see people recruiting for dungeons runs pretty often in chat, but they're not the type of dungeon runs I enjoy. Speedrun, skip everything but the bosses, dungeon runs.

>raid group destroyer
>all you literally have to do is not stand in red stuff for the first boss

When Wildstar went F2P I gave it a try, but it wouldn't let me make an account. I forgot about that until now, actually.

Oh boy, I wish system daemons was as easy as just not standing in the red. More important than not standing in the red is positioning so that no one else is standing in the red that's locked on you, or standing next to someone who has red locked on them as well.