Is this the Overwatch killer we've been waiting for?

Is this the Overwatch killer we've been waiting for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1AnoU0av-rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah, but it's free and pretty fun.

Also, that grind, which surprised me at how quick it was, to the point where I question why it's even there.

It's free and I can play it on my garbage laptop that i'm stuck with which can't play Overwatch.

Is the buy all characters thing worth getting?

can i get diamond in this game too?

No, but it is pretty fun. Because it's not as graphically intense, it can run almost on any system, which means more can access it. It's a touch grindy, but nothing too off-setting.

The only thing that game is going to kill is the investor's ROI.

Why do people bother asking questions like this for F2P games

Man if you wanna spend money on the game do it, can't nobody make that decision for you.

Does this game requiere actual skill or it's the same " baby first fps " like overwatch with bigass and easy to shot character models and slow paced gunfight?

imo, not really at the moment. Later down the road, when they include more content /maybe/, but right now it is bareboned.

That being said, supporting it could mean more content down the road, which means cheap fucks like me will actually pay, so...

>Hi-Rez
How long until the game is completely ruined and abandoned?

Well it's a carbon-copy of Overwatch so the second one.

Tribes still stings, huh

Its ridiculous how clony the game feels it has fucking TF2 skins for fucks sake.

Do they have NO shame? It's so blatantly ripping off Overwatch.

It feels like a cheap clone made by Russian scammers, like on the App Store or some shit.

But it's made by Hi-Rez. Have they really stooped so low?

youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

>it has fucking TF2 skins for fucks sake.

Wait really?

I mean I know they're scumbags after Tribes and their model in Smite is anti consumer too but still.

Somebody had to post it

Why do all these games have similar characters? Can't they make something actually different?

Not him, but yeah.

> have to stop supporting a F2P game because it's literally making negative money
> forever seen as scumbags by salty players

> "anti-consumer model" for nothing more than cosmetic items being behind rolls

This is some really petty shit

>Thought Cred Forums was memeing about Paladin being an Overwatch ripoff
>Offensive revolver class that focuses on headshots and can unload all his ammo with right click
>Ice based hero who can cover herself in Ice to heal up and not take damage
>Red dwarf who builds sentries
>And has a TF2 Engies skin
>Not like an homage, just straight up dresses like the Engie from TF2
I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, but even Batleborn tried to be more original then this and Batleborn was basically getting all the bad parts of Borderlands and putting it in a blender.

>abandon amazing unique game to make another moba esport moneygrabber
>said moba uses expensive chest rolls
>all the new gods are extremely OP (and double the price) so people would spend money to play as said new god.
>literally do the same thing, make a clone of something popular right now in hope for some of that hype money

Yes, Hi-rez are shitstains.

>all new gods are double the price and insanely op
Hence why they get banned in ranked.

>abandon amazing unique game to make another moba esport moneygrabber
When your amazing and unique game is costing you money instead of being able to even sustain itself, it dies.

>said moba uses expensive chest rolls
Cry more about cosmetic items which have no effect on gameplay.

>all the new gods are extremely OP
Gods releasing OP is a myth. The only ones who have actually been busted for this behavior was, what, Riot? They're awful. And gods sell right off the bat regardless if they're overpowered or not, and a lot of people have the Ultimate God Pack at this point and don't pay a dime.

>literally do the same thing, make a clone of something popular right now in hope for some of that hype money
They've been in development for about the same time and share a lot of similarities, but they play very different from one another. Quite frankly, there's a lot I don't like about Paladins, and it's really looking less unique/good as time goes on, but it doesn't make a developer bad. Just really stupid.

The problem is they do it on purpose for extra money and it directly affect the game (normal/casual). I don't enjoy getting stomped by [hottest new god] who's op for 3 weeks until they decide they made enough sales on him.

Doesn't feel as good to play, and the buying shit during the game feels like an annoyance, I just want to play the game not be in a menu to make a couple clicks.

>Banned in ranked

That isn't a good sign.

They're probably hoping it gets people like "it's exactly like Overwatch but FREE!".

Actually, I saw this thing on the steam main page and thought it was another generic MMO and didn't give it a second thought, but considering I haven't played OW and there's a posibility I could get a similar experience to it without actually spending a dime, then I might just get it for shits and giggles.

Should I? Will I regret it?

Do the ripoff girls have fat asses too?

how is that a bad sign
every character needs a tuning and public playtesting before getting into ranked

>Hey guys buy our cool new hero, only double the normal price!
>He's insanely overpowered, so you know you want him!
>In fact he's so overpowered that we know the serious players will cry foul, so oopsie poopsie he's banned in comp!

That is some scum ass game development.

>Not like an homage, just straight up dresses like the Engie from TF2
No shit, it's officially from Valve.

Yes correct, you need to sustain yourself. It just hurts.
>Cry more about cosmetic items which have no effect on gameplay.
Not having a way to purchase any item directly is anti consumer, at least in CS:GO Dota2 and TF2 they can buy their shit cosmetics off steam market.
>Gods releasing OP is a myth.
Actually false, I remember good throughout season 2 when every new god was stupidly OP and then they threw a ravana in there to mask their bullshit.
>Paladins
It's such an obvious clone, they have proven twice now that they will hop on the [current popular thing] only for $.

Bad, not stupid because they earn so much money off Smite alone.

>Ice based hero who can cover herself in ice to heal up and not take damage.
Fuck you. Mei and Evie were both revealed an released in the same month.

Not only that, mei's whole kit is a carbon copy of Ymir from Smite.

Like look at this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=1AnoU0av-rQ
>freeze
>wall
>ice spikes that combo with freeze
>Aoe slow and damage for ult

pretty much everything these days is a copy of something else.
it's just they dont put enough effort into it to hide it or mix it up.

>But Paladins was announced [AMOUNT OF TIME] before Overwatch!

It's not really a question of which came first, it's a question of which is better.

>It's a question of which is better

And that is entirely subjective. For instance, one could argue lower specs needed and f2p make it more accessible for the player, as well as a progression system to keep them playing and enjoying the content... while another with the same information could state both of those elements could lead to hindering developments and even P2W bullshit later on.

Just to clarify, as of right now, I do believe Overwatch is the better game, better polished with more characters, but it's still too bare boned for me to justify its $40/60 price tag.

"Lower quality" and "free" are not tags I look for when searching for a good game, but maybe I'm not Paladins' target audience.

these comments read like pre written marketing posts

No way dude, Paladins really is free, and it really is fun!

I like the diversity of the characters, no two are alike!

Well, it is free, and it is an FPS arena romp like TF2 and Overwatch so one can expect people to say it's fun.

What were you hoping for, everyone to simply lambaste it?

I thought the argument was about who was copying who?

One of these was satire. The other one is a real marketing post.

It was really boring, the maps were very stale and lacked any real color. The character skills were pretty basic and brought very that we haven't seen before to the table.
It felt very Baby's first FPS it reminds me a LOT of Strife.

Want me to settle it? We were asked if it was an Overwatch killer. The answer is simply no it isn't. Overwatch is still better in a lot of ways. It still has its upsides, and to ignore them is to be just as jaded as any marketer. To do so shows how fucking moronic one really is.

No, I'm no marketer. I still say Overwatch is a far better product, but Paladins still has its pluses. Sorry for being fucking human and approaching it in a civil fashion.

Tittymonsters, acutally

That's not scum game development. It's easier to nerf a character than it is to buff one.

Plus not every new character is OP. Just recently Erlang Shen and Izanami were very underwhelming. As someone who has played smite for 3 years (unfortunately) I agree that the game is shit. However if you're gonna call it shit actually make valid points instead of spewing autism.

Those maps look bad. Like, really bad. Especially that ice one with the mineshaft.

It's like they built their maps out of gray shapes with some shoddy level editor, then just went and hastily textured everything.

In fact, literally everything in that game looks rushed, come to think of it.

God damn the Martian Queen was best girl.

>erlang shen was underwhelming
Nigger what? He's crazy good right now.

Short answer: No.
Long answer:
Nope.___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I want to fuck Skye
That's the only thing I get out of this game

You know that league of legends starter with the same criticism and look at it now

>crazy good

nigga kys he's barely viable u just fucking suck

It's reaching in a couple of areas. Like, yeah the one character has an Ice Block (which is such a common ability in these games that it's always called Ice Block), but that's really the only similarities between her and Mei.

Ironically I'd say Mei has more similarities to Ymir from Smite than Evie does to Mei, this is kind of just what happens when you design an "ice-based" character.

Is okay.
The guns dont feel powerful or have any impact.
Bomber king is cool tough.

I dunno user being crazy good with a barely viable character is pretty much the opposite of sucking in a game

>playing overwatch/paladins at all

FUCKING CASUAL WESTABOOS LEAVE Cred Forums FOREVER.

>yfw there is a clip of Battleborn thrown in and you can barely tell the difference

Just played this game. Was really fun.

But it couldn't hold up against a good game of TF2. TF2 is dogshit terrible 90% of the time, but those golden matches... it's what keeps you coming back.

>game is in beta
>it looks unfinished

wew lad

Overwatch is pretty popular among weebs actually.

I dunno its just overwatch but free

Ice-based everything is kind of stuck with certain moves. An Ice powered hero in DCUO can put himself in ice, freeze the ground, ice spikes that "shatter" frozen enemies.
Iceman in Marvel Heros and the Ultimate Alliance games did that.

Ice powers are lame. I did enjoy Ice-tanking in DCUO though

the last guy literally has reinhardt's shield. LITERALLY

>better gameplay
>more customizable stats and shit
>upgrades

This is 10x more fun than overwatch, which is literally the same old shit every game

I dont know why bur i literally blow the shit our of other player

Victor is ridiculously good