Nioh

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0w29AAndzCw
New gameplay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-E8FyqhNu9c
gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product
teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump
>inb4 shill

>posting the mobile link

Nice thanks, I just came off of watching that. I need to watch it again to notice more stuff but the things that spring to mind are that high stance actually still has Dodge Pulse after all, and FUCKING HELL NOTHING HAS ANY HEALTH THIS IS NOT OK

Also Kou Shibusawa is too moe I don't blame him for being able to cleave through spidertits with sheer damage rather than actually learning the fight, but come on he does about half her health in the first moments of the fight at one point, it looks like it could be a really fun boss but not if it's over before it even begins. Clear example of the lack of challenge from nerfs obstructing fun. Not to mention it can't be just for the demo since he starts with really weak weapons and still kills everything easily, in line with what we've played already.

>but come on he does about half her health in the first moments of the fight at one point

When? in the video he did maybe 10% of her health, not 50%.

Oh I just realised that video doesn't have the full gameplay demo. The stream isn't over yet though but if you go about 1 hour 5 minutes in that's where he starts from the beginning. youtube.com/watch?v=-E8FyqhNu9c
On his later attempts he swaps to an axe and destroys all her health. All weapons would be able to do things like that too in high stance.

Also both high and low stance having Dodge Pulse is silly, I'll have to rewatch just in case but I assume that might mean that they both have Combo Pulse as well, unless they gave that to mid stance, which admittedly could work but both are best with high stance. Either way low doesn't need either of the two and mid would have the Ki recovery on guarded movement, which is fair unless both the others have Dodge Pulse.

I think thats temporary. They probably havent totally decided which stance gets dodge pulse

Possibly, but that just makes it even more important to think about where they should go.

Also here's what we know of the new intended changes going into the next iteration. gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product
Plus a bunch of thoughts I had about it, assuming linking like this works and I can be lazy about it. Trigger warning, excessive length:

Tell me Cred Forums, how are you gonna set up your Williams for this game?
>Ninjitsu build
>Specific weapon based build
>Magic build
>Jack of all traits build
>Health tank
>Ki hoarder

>honorabu 1kat samurai
>light armor
>magic shit
>green hen all day erryday

That's the build I feel most comfortable with.
Will most likely try out other stuff during later playthroughs.

I thought the changes were mostly for the better. Granted they were too vague and the fall damage change seems dumb but Im ok with it. I just want an option to get rid of the map entirely and sort of a disappearing hud like bb

Probably gonna focus on 1 and 2 kat build and grab a few magic spells and increase Elixer and Sacred Water caps until I beat the game and then grind co-op to just hit hard caps in every stat

I think I'll probably level mostly all round but with a focus on Ki since I like all the weapons but I like 3kats the most as well as going on the offensive instead of defending. I'll likely put a few points in Ninjutsu and Onmyo, but probably a bit more in Ninjutsu, there's some really nice skills in there like the movement cost ones that'd fit perfectly.
I probably should have linked all the parts since I forgot the highlighting but I figured people could just click it. As I say later though, the main problem is that they seem to be ignoring the biggest faults in favour of milling around with things that need no real fixing at all.
>disappearing hud
Shit I should've asked for that, I loved that since the moment it was added in DS2. I don't mind the map since it doesn't kill exploration like a lot of other maps in games and it's pretty neatly tucked away, but the red flash when an enemy spots you can be pretty useful.

I'm going to try to keep the western outfit on as much as possible and pour all/most of my amrita into my ki.

>yfw you find a saber or a claymore

NInjitsu build looks fun as fuck

Before the Beta ended I was really thinking about making a Joe Musashi themed build but I didn't have the time, would've been really cool though. Ninjutsu in general was as fun as it was overpowered.

I've done magic and spirit builds in the alpha/beta. Probably gonna give Ninjitsu a go for the full game.

How is magic in this game and how mage/priest-like can you become?

how would ninjustsu build be able to do any good damage?

If you are looking to go pew-pew, you won't get any since the Omoyo tree sucks for dealing damage and only some buffs are good

If you just want to stay at range and chuck bombs, lay mines and do all sort of gaijin shit, then yeah, it's ridiculously overpowered.

Its mostly buffs, few offensive shit. I hope they add more weapon types to compensate for it

I can't handle all this honor

I'm no fan of pew pew, I was hoping for something a bit more creative.
But alright, man thanks.

And thank you as well.

Onmyo magic is mostly focused around support with multiple talisman buffs and debuffs, shields and healing as well as giving you access to all the elements. They're ridiculously powerful and remove all your limiters essentially, while even the worst ones can be very useful especially if set up right. It's own damage without swinging a weapon is limited but still strong, with a spell that summons your Guardian Spirit for it's attack, and a big blade projectile spell that expends all the Familiarity in your equipped weapon.

Wait so what actual "projectile/spells" are there in the game? I thought that the game forced you into SOME kind of melee. But are you saying that if i put almost all my points into ninjutsu or onmyo there are I can shoort fire or water or some shit? Or is like i use a fire buff spell and it makes my weapon do tons of damage even with shit all strength?

my dumbass is confused

Shurikens, bombs, arrows, spirit spells that can only be activated in certain times. You can't shoot spells the game does force you into melee combat.

I see thanks, leave spell builds to Dork Souls then.

The officially translated change list is here. Doesn't really say too much more than the other one, but that comparison at the bottom is like a dagger in my heart. Clearly missing the point. teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
Ninjutsu skill tree lets you equip shuriken and bombs and stuff that releases status ailment clouds. The Ninjutsu stat, Dexterity also scales with most ranged weapons and the tree has some skills for carrying more ammo.
Onmyo is comparatively limited in straight offense, it only has the Guardian Spirit talisman which summons your Guardian Spirit to do it's unique attack, and Soul Release which costs all the Familiarity in a weapon. It does have elemental buffs for your weapons though, as well as damage buffs, defense debuffs, etc.

You can actually stack a shitton of a specific thing if you have the slots for it, as well as there being the immensely broken Unlimited ___ effects that gave a percentage chance to get a free shot or use of something, so focusing almost entirely on ranged combat was a thing, But it's at it's best when putting everything together.

You basically have magic that buffs you, mostly applying elements to weapons and a few ki uppers and magic that nerfs enemies including slowing them down, nothing that flat out kills them instantly but makes fighting enemies easier

Man, this official change list is really badly translated and awkward to read. I didn't expect Gaijin Hunter's translation to actually be much more enlightening than the inhouse effort. The only new thing I've seen in this is talking about enemy hyper armour, and again literally all you needed to know about whether an enemy had hyper armour or not was does he have big armour on or is he a yokai. Looking at the enemy you're fighting is too hard as well then.

>2016
>Still could not make shadow properly
Why

You call throwing dynamite around a martial art?

can i play as a girl yet?

Wear a mask and big armour and play pretend.

sai daggers when?

im not going to pretend to play pretend, thats retarded

>not folding the pretend
It makes it stronger and sharper.

why would you be able to do that?

Exactly how much does Shibusawa know about the game? It's clearly displayed as "his" game, but he seems like a newbie.

Mid spear magic light quick dodge tank build

He's a 60+ old man who's brainchild is stroking his historical boner, you can't expect him to be able to play a ninja-gaiden lite game. He can probably explain every historical character or weapon that pops out though.

There's something really amusing about a filthy gaijin shooting and dynamiting a bunch of samurai hoping for an "honorabu" battle.

Don't bully Kou-san, he's the producer but not the director, and he probably hasn't played it as much and he's getting on a bit too. Plus the rest are all on jobber mode to make the game look harder than it is, just watch Fumihiko Yasuda playing it.

new nioh news

>1kat build
>light armor
>medium armor lategame maybe
>lightning doggo all day every day
>unless waifu spirit is good, then her

Shit mang, I already posted it in here, posting in two threads is a hassle. The more people know the better but still.

I'd understand if he didn't react as quickly as normal people, but he got drained by the first enemy and didn't ki pulse once.

What does a game producer do exactly? Just keep development at a steady pace and make sure everything is up to par?

I believe so, as well as outlining the general design goals and managing things. The stuff that isn't to do with actually making the game but is still important in making the game, if you know what I mean. I'm not too well versed in the job description though so someone should do this better than me.